• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda General Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Whats Going On In Thsi Thread

Why Are There So Many Colored + Bolded Names

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
How to win with Zelda: Lightshield everything. Then Fair/bair. If they start grabbing a lot, don't sit there and Lightshield.

Don't play vs Fox, it's a bad idea.

If Falco is pillaring your shield, upsmash oos and you'll hit him.

LOL@ Mic closing all the Zelda threads. The Zelda player finder is Zeldas only. Ryoka wanted me to split up the Sheiks from the Zeldas. :(

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
LOL@ Mic closing all the Zelda threads. The Zelda player finder is Zeldas only. Ryoka wanted me to split up the Sheiks from the Zeldas. :(
He is trying to invoke segregation!! We can't allow that. Martin Luther King, Jr. died for the right that one day little white Sheiks, and little black Zeldas, will play together and hold hands.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
DogySamich, why would you do this?

Heh heh, figued out your tricks.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
no one will ever argee on the hair color so just add them to the cosutums ,dude i can't spel! so why would sheik's only be zedla?

TheLake

Smash Master
Honey brown gives her a freakin golden bow and you can shot hop with it like SHL

Green hair makes her hair blow in the wind n such. Oh and makes her as fast as captain falcon.

Blue hair lets her kicks never miss no matter where you are

and red head zelda is just rockin in the sack

Fact

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ok. April fools is over, and this is a real general discussion thread.

So no more super spammy spam.

It's kool to like, talk and chill and whatnot, but im shuttin down the studio and handin out points if this gets crazy.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Hey Dogy, what is the points system? I've only ever seen people with six points, nothing else.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Why does this exist.

Zelda Guide

1) pick blue
2) jump back and kick
3) light shield + jump back and kick
4) normal shield + jump back and kick
5) edgeguard with a billion d-smashes, some weird up+b ledge thing, or more kick

Sometimes you will be forced to do other inferior moves but it's mostly kick.

U-smash OoS is surprisingly effective on Falco pillar. Too bad nobody pillars with him any more because they realized they could be gay with multishines and shine jc grab.

Blue. Always.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I pick Zelda's colors with the mindset that I might have to change to Sheik. Therefore, green or red.

Impp

Smash Ace
How do I beat grown man Link? (with zelda)

And is light sheilding really that awesome??? It seems I can't do anything for an hour after they hit my sheild. I don't use it that often, at least conciously.

And I use Green Zelda, does that make me not as good?

And what about the Jiggly Puff match up... I've beaten good Jiggly Puffs, and then lost to randoms...

What direction do I DI Captain Falcon's down throw to best avoid the Knee?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lets see.

Zelda's lightshield is really that good (from what I'm told, I dont really play zelda at all.)

Beating Link is mainly getting around his projectiles and then not getting wrecked up close. Just because you can reflect projectiles doesnt mean you have to reflect EVERY one of them. Just get around them. You dont have to force your way every time just because he's throwing them, either. .... b.airs are still kool. Um........ that's all i got (again, i dont really play zelda).

Throw-knee? DI away if it's a d.throw, and if it's an upthrow, DI somewhere (behind is ok, but just... ****in DI somewhere and close your eyes). I dont know if falcon has a guarenteed one on zelda, i wouldnt be too surprised if he did. I'd imagine you could stop it with a neutral-b if he's late, but dont quote me on this (or dont blame me if it dont work. >.>)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Lightshielding is pretty good for a lot of reasons. I almost always lightshield with every character. Not full lightshield, but I never fullshileld if that makes sense.

Hit Link when he's pull projectiles. They're much slower than people they are. So just camp outside of his nair range and then dash attack him when he tries to projectile. Also, you could chaingrab him as Sheik, then switch to Zelda to finish him off. 'Cause that's how you're supposed to play Sheik/Zelda, y'know.

Yeah, DI away and then teching towards on the dthrow will throw some people off, but you really have to mix it up. Uthrows are best DI'd behind... and I believe nair is your fastest aerial option. Just wiggle really fast and then press A when you see yourself come out of tumble. Or airdodge.

TheLake

Smash Master
Impp ma brotha your darkmusician uses green and he used to be best zelda hands down so your still groovy brah

Anyways Light shielding is pretty groovy in some matchups but not so hot in others (the lack of upsmash out of shield can quite a loss against the likes of falco and falcon where as peach and marth are much easier to slip around with the light amount of shield ((hehe see what i did there?)) )

Link can be quite a mouthful. Read the bomb throws and catch of give em some love. Boomerang you gotta avoid and just kick the sucker. Triangle jumps help in this matchup and kick out shield ***** links up B. Kicking bombs is hott too.

Mix it up agaisnt falcon cause he practicly has a free knee with the down throw (OK he does have a free knee ><). DI down and away , back or up. Its just like fighting shiek almost in that regard. When you get around 70 percent a well timed nayrus love can really be a life saver at times.

Do yo thang impp and keep on kicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom