• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Moveset Discussion: summaries coming soon

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well everything has been said about this move I guess, just two trivial things to be noticed :
-Falcon's Utilt has so much range it outranges lucas Fsmash.
-mix it with the up-angled Ftilt (faster to come out, and hits most of the aerial approaches)

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Well everything has been said about this move I guess, just two trivial things to be noticed :
-Falcon's Utilt has so much range it outranges lucas Fsmash.
-mix it with the up-angled Ftilt (faster to come out, and hits most of the aerial approaches)
Like you said, we pretty much have everything for utilt, but your information was good. So, ftilt is actually the next move to discuss, I'll have it up in half an hour :)

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Ftilt...another sorely underused move on my end because I forget about it so much. I honestly know like nothing about it. But I do have a question: can a downward tilted ftilt (lolwut) cause a trip?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Ftilt...another sorely underused move on my end because I forget about it so much. I honestly know like nothing about it. But I do have a question: can a downward tilted ftilt (lolwut) cause a trip?
Yeah, ftilt is the current move to be discussed, the utilt discussion was great and I'll try and summarize what you guys said in the first post soon. I personally like ftilt in place of a jab when a bit too far away for it to hit, say after a retreating FF nair. As for whether it trips or not, I really don't remember but I'm pretty sure someone will know. If not, I'll test it next time I play. Also, I wasn't sure if the ftilt lock should be discussed here, like it is good to know that it exists, but would you guys prefer it was discussed here, or in its thread?

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I think I'm going to try to start using f-tilt as an approach, how does it fare against projectiles, can anyone tell me?
Well since it has its own thread, I think you can just discuss it there, but when it comes to summarising, you can add a bit of it into here... yeah =D

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I really just use it when my jabs don't cover the range and I want my opponents to back off. Other than that, I don't use it, I think it's only good for refreshing other moves and keeping your game a little less stale. Not my favourite move.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Ftilt:
Recommended usage: Limited/Mixed into ones jab game
Uses:
- spacing.
As Ftilt has quite some reach, and comes out quite fast (compared to falcons other moves) it is a good move to use when further away from your opponent.
- Punishing opponents who DI out of jabs.
- To rack up damage and keep your killing moves fresh.
Combo's including Ftilt:
- Ftilt lock (very situational, keep in the back of your head, but dont rely on it)
- Fist hit Nair>Ftilt (better options are present, recommended not to use)
- Flubbed Fair>opponent trips>Ftilt (better options are present, recommended not to use)
Other info: Ftilt is a good move to hit enemys further away, and to keep your Utilt (and other kill moves.) fresh. And unstale them, if needed, too.
/Ftilt

10/Ftilt's

Smash Apprentice
I often do the Ftitl angled upward by accident and it sucks immensely vs. kirbys etc.

I'd always prefer a Dtilt/Utilt/jab to Ftilt.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I don't like this move, I, however, really like D-tilt and U-tilt. Really just a shield poke but for some reason, unlike where I really like it as Falco, it just doesn't feel right on Falcon.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Shouldn't we have an archive of previous ones? like, the previous moves, the pages the discussion was on, and good quotes that sum up the move well. Possibly we could make an accurate Falcon moves tier list after we've done them all.

F-tilt, Its a good 'get away' move, and I find its good you use while edge-guarding; good knock back (to get them off again) and fairly quick. I never work this into my jab game, I find its best at the sweetspot, at his feet. Its very quick when tilted down or up (IASA frames I think), but obviously, less range. Tilt locks are cool but very inapplicable.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Its almost a situational move. It works well after a SHFFaerial.

When the situations apply it is a very versatile move. You have a lot of options on what to do after.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
my least used move probably. i usually use it as a test move or counter move. like if my opponent is in lag after landing i use ftilt.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I found this (finally)
CAPTAIN FALCON
*fair wimpy 0-38
uair 17-23
bair 3-7 wiener version 19-26
?dair 13-37
ftilt 26-31 upwards variation: 22-27
ds back part 3-7
It lists all of Falcon's moves that trip, not to say that the list is 100% accurate and they are the only moves that Falcon can trip his opponent with.
Shouldn't we have an archive of previous ones? like, the previous moves, the pages the discussion was on, and good quotes that sum up the move well. Possibly we could make an accurate Falcon moves tier list after we've done them all.
I just finished the utilt summary, and I added a table of contents, not that it's really needed right now. The move tier list idea sounds interesting.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
it's really easy to power shield falcon's ftilt ><
it's a really situational move sadly

Tenki

Smash Hero
I heard F-tilt starts/ends faster if you tilt it up/down ..?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
The only problem with Ftilt is that it is hard to use in a hasty situation without accidentally doing Fsmash. You need to take your time with Ftilt.

Zeallyx

The only problem with Ftilt is that it is hard to use in a hasty situation without accidentally doing Fsmash. You need to take your time with Ftilt.
No not at all..
I NEVER accidentally Fsmash..

That is a noobish-ish thing to do :O

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Friend of mine has the same problem(with Snake, which is an even bigger problem). I never do this.
I think that occurs when you're not at ease during the match. Sure there will be hasty situations, but if you've got your character fully under control and play relaxed, this shouldn't happen. I don't call it noobish or something, it's just the chemics that happen in your brain-fingers coordination that cause the fault.
Not saying that YOU don't have Falcon under control, I couldn't know.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Whenever I want to f-tilt, it's usually when I'm approaching with a walk, or right after I land, so I'm already holding the control stick in the right direction and there's never a chance of doing an f-smash.

Also, I don't quite remember, does direction stick forward + c-stick forward at the same time produce an f-tilt?
I know with d-stick up and c-stick up you get an u-tilt and same with d-tilt, but something is telling me d-stick forward and c-stick forward gives you a dash attack...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Whenever I want to f-tilt, it's usually when I'm approaching with a walk, or right after I land, so I'm already holding the control stick in the right direction and there's never a chance of doing an f-smash.

Also, I don't quite remember, does direction stick forward + c-stick forward at the same time produce an f-tilt?
I know with d-stick up and c-stick up you get an u-tilt and same with d-tilt, but something is telling me d-stick forward and c-stick forward gives you a dash attack...
Nah it doesn't. It requires a smash input already on the up and down before a C (obviously only works with tap off really) to produce a smash since you can't U-smash out of a hold up or d-smash out of a hold down.

However, you can Smash out of a walk.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I use Ftilt (angled up) on people who like to aerial approach at the height of falcon's head, mainly peach whose floaty-pseudo-wop game is a pain to hit with Utilt.

Else it can be easily replaced by a Dtilt, so it's nothing new if I say that Ftilt is a situational move D:

Mit

Smash Ace
The only time I use it is when I can get it off after a couple jabs (which is not a combo I know).

Otherwise it usually only comes out by accident for whatever reason. Probably my least used move. Although I do use it as a kill move sometimes if my opponent gets up to like, near 200%.

Zeallyx

Ftilt:
Recommended usage: Limited/Mixed into ones jab game
Uses:
- spacing.
As Ftilt has quite some reach, and comes out quite fast (compared to falcons other moves) it is a good move to use when further away from your opponent.
- Punishing opponents who DI out of jabs.
- To rack up damage and keep your killing moves fresh.
Combo's including Ftilt:
- Ftilt lock (very situational, keep in the back of your head, but dont rely on it)
- Fist hit Nair>Ftilt (better options are present, recommended not to use)
- Flubbed Fair>opponent trips>Ftilt (better options are present, recommended not to use)
Other info: Ftilt is a good move to hit enemys further away, and to keep your Utilt (and other kill moves.) fresh. And unstale them, if needed, too.
/Ftilt

10/Ftilt's
So yeah..

Ftilt has been the subject of discussion for way too long.

Tenki

Smash Hero
D-tilt can catch people if they DI upwards during jab cancels or such, I think.

Top Bottom