• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

04/25/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - YCBTC!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
You can't break those cuffs!

Considering the Smash community, or lack thereof, in South Carolina, the last tournament was fairly successful. As such, we're going to try it again. I'm giving you guys a bigger heads up this time, so hopefully turnout will be even higher.

Few things:

#1 -- No spectators, space is limited. Don't bring your homies if they're not competing.
#2 -- There will be a door fee of $1! This is to keep the non-playing homie count down, so everyone will be paying. Didn't enforce this last time since I was surprised we actually had people show up.
#3 -- I will be providing drinks and snacks, which people will be able to purchase. Since I'm not trying to make money, they'll be cheap--like a dollar for chips & drink, or something.
#4 -- TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF!

Other than that, good ****, hope to see all the faces from last time again.

If you're going to bring a set-up/wii/anything, let me know--we'll be opening up the bedroom this time, so there will be even more space to play friendlies, just need to televisions for it.

2025-H Miller St. -- Apt. H
Lancaster, SC 29720

Schedule:

Registration starts at 11:00 a.m. -- run late and risk not being in the tourney. Call me if you're going to be late, or else I'll assume you're not coming.

Melee doubles — 12:00 p.m.
Melee singles — 2:00 p.m.

Brawl doubles — 5:00 p.m.
Brawl singles — 7:00 p.m.

Closing — 12:00 a.m.

Fees:

—$1 door fee.

—$5 for singles.

—$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Singles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules:

~BRAWL~

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counter picks

Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Halberd
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

~MELEE~

Double elimination.
4 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off.

Stage Selection:

Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles)

Counterpicks

Pokefloats
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Single's Play-

- Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless agreed upon by their opponent.
- If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to the player who initiated the move.
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.
- Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- Advanced slob picks in effect.
- Dave's stupid rule in effect.
- At the start of each set, each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the duration of said—after character selection, but prior to a random stage being picked.

Additional Rules for Double's Play-

- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Team Attack is set to ON.

Notes:

If you get lost/need more information -- 803-235-8145.

Attending:

Devin
TGB
CriosphInx
ARS
JMan
JoeC (+1)
Ryan! (+1)
Khai
Snap(803)
Philmaster (+1)
SKOJ (+3)

Total: ~15+

Set-ups:

(6) TV — Devin, TGB, Phil, Ryan!

(3) Gamecubes — TGB, Phil
(4) Wiis — Devin, ARS, Crio, Ryan!

(5) Melee — Devin, TGB, Phil
(4) Brawl — Devin, ARS, Crio, Ryan!

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
**** it man, I think this is the one weekend where I already have something planned... Gah that sucks. I'm not sure though, ill get back to you.

The Director

Smash Lord
Are you coming for Melee this time?
Yes. And I will place top 3, if not top 1.

I will also do Brawl doubles, but not Brawl singles.

Also I will actually be bringing Phil this time. Plus a friend. Plus possibly Phil's friends. So move all your furniture to make space.

The Director

Smash Lord
Don't make promises you can't keep; not just Phil
You don't think much of me, do you? Unless for some reason I can't make it, he'll be there this time, plus I'll be covering all of his tournament fees to make up for being a dousche last time.

As for Melee, unless some phenom shows up or for some reason I suck the only competition I see is Brandon.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Things are looking better for the Venue -- Anyone know where I can get cheap stands/end-tables to put t.v's on? Cuz the actual Venue lacks them/has NONE! ! ! ! lolz

Besides that, the Venue is still Good-2-Go! (possibly cheap chairs--lacks that too--has only movie seats)

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
ugh **** i really wanna go to this tournament... depending on what happens i may even just say **** my other plans and just come anyways. lol. and i have been working on melee... so i might try and come just to sweeten the pot for you guys :p

Lareit

Smash Ace
You don't think much of me, do you? Unless for some reason I can't make it, he'll be there this time, plus I'll be covering all of his tournament fees to make up for being a dousche last time.

As for Melee, unless some phenom shows up or for some reason I suck the only competition I see is Brandon.
What really happens.

Joe doesn't pick anyone up.

Shows up 3 hours after melee singles finished.

DUN DUN DUUUN.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Nah, I think the world of Joe, he's the man.

And Brandon's pretty pimp, too.

New faces, I like those as well.
Thanks guy!

Devin is a pretty cool guy, eh let's me sleep on his couch and doesn't afraid of anything.

although 3 times I've woken up to see him in his boxers.

Which is strange.

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
gah i dont know yet devin... i want to SO bad, but i already told a friend of mine that i would go camping with him that weekend and he is really really excited about it and keeps reminding me about it... so im just really hoping it somehow gets cancelled... or something.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Nah, I think the world of Joe, he's the man.

And Brandon's pretty pimp, too.

New faces, I like those as well.
Thanks guy!

Devin is a pretty cool guy, eh let's me sleep on his couch and doesn't afraid of anything.

although 3 times I've woken up to see him in his boxers.

Which is strange.
yeah, you guys are cool. and just so no one is left out, justins cool adams cool kujas cool and phil's cool.
clearly devin, your apartment is where all the cool people are. its the party zone. ahaha

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
LOL

That's terrible.

Maybe it'll rain all crazy and **** like it did last time.
ha ha! yeah i hope so. cuz i have been training my *** off and you guys are in for some diddy rapeage next tourney! lol (hmm i dont know if thats a word but we will go with it) oh and i have been training alot more in melee... i have most of the AT's down so watch your ***** XD lmao

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
APPARENTLY WE AREN'T COOL ENOUGH FOR YOU, SNAP. NO NO, I GET IT, IT'S COOL.
Lol, just messing :3

Bah, the timing of this is so... awkward for me. IIRC, this will be falling the week before exams. To be brutally honest, that's not too much of a problem, it's doubtful I'll be studying anyway... but ugh. If it were the week after, I'd be at home in Columbia and it would be like a 50 minute drive versus a three-hour one. >_< I need to come, though, my Brawl disc has decided to take a vacation at Devin's place, lolol...
I'll say we're coming for now. Thankfully we've got plenty time to decide. In the meantime, I'll keep playing Guilty Gear (I just figured out how rad it is :o )
Also JMAN YOU DO PARKOUR? YOU HAVE TO TEACH MEEE D:

Top Bottom