• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NikoK Presents: Only in Niagara 3.14 - CANCELED

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say that there is still much hype..........this is pretty much a local tournament now

which is cool, but this could of been better.

my main concern was the date.......pretty much announced 2 weeks ago......too early for out of towners to comeor any real beef to cook up.

PoisonMist

Smash Journeyman
wigi's not going :o - there goes our dittos

double luigi sounds fun , Team name : OmfgJabUpBKill40%WtfHaxNoobFuc*er
or something like that :)

aw man holy isnt coming either ;[

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Count me out for a TV. It's too laggy.
yeah same i think my tv is lagging too..

some people told me it lags and some people disagree with it soo yeah

but i tihnk its lagging its everytime i play in a different TV, timing changes..

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Still lookin for a ride!!

I'm willing to pay whoever can drive me here and back 50 bucks, more if I absolutely have to

I live in Markham.

A second plan is someone who can just drive me to Vaughn in the morning and then at the end of the day drive me from Vaughn to Markham. Since Joe can drive me in Vaughn, but I still need to get there.

Vaughn is about half an hour away from Markham. Better than the 2 hour distance from Niagara.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I've come to the realization that the entire competitive community of Brawl is based from ignorance of what the game actually entails and isn't what a smash community should be. I don't need to contribute anymore lol

/accutane

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Wake up call to stop depending on Niko to host tourneys..

He's going through a rough time.

Edit: instead of depending, start hosting as a scene.

buenob

Smash Lord
seriously though, I booked days off work for this... a little clarity please? just because it may not be the most epic of epic tournaments doesn't mean it's not going to be fun

so can we have a bit of an explanation?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I've come to the realization that the entire competitive community of Brawl is based from ignorance of what the game actually entails and isn't what a smash community should be. I don't need to contribute anymore lol

/accutane
^ right there

He's saying Brawl sucks and you're all dumb.

/thread

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's that plus a combination of medical issues that are dragging me through a large scale depression. On top of other personal things.

I don't think I need to tell everyone whats going on...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Aww D: I wanted to come to this ;-; C'mon Niko~ You wuv my 'Cario and you know it :3

EDIT: Oh. Your post just popped up. Sorry to hear that, man D: I'm here if you need anything. I'm a good listener.

buenob

Smash Lord
so this tournament is 100% actually off? like, for reals? no explanation as to why, but a definitive yeah it's off would be nice... update the first post maybe?

Percon

Smash Lord
This is unfortunate.

I'll try and see if I can host something smaller... no guarantees, though. I've got like 5 days to find a venue and everything.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL at Erix going out of his way to be a ***** to already disappointed people. Good one bro, you're so cool...

Also if it was purely about brawl then would this not have been changed to a melee only tournament?
Things must be bigger then that for Niko.

ThatGuy

Smash Master

/accutane
You know, I was about to rail you for this as being a **** move, but I thought about it in another perspective and I can't find an argument against it (it's quitting a job for those who were curious). In that perspective, however, it would be a **** move of you to go back to the Brawl scene...

I think you should at least run this tournament Niko, or AT THE VERY LEAST keep your contractual agreements with the venue and have someone else (competent) run it. You're screwing over a lot of people who don't deserve this.

Niko_K said:
...a combination of medical issues that are dragging me through a large scale depression. On top of other personal things.

I don't think I need to tell everyone whats going on...
If this is the real reason, then that's unfortunate and I hope you get better; but I stand by my above solution.

idea

Smash Master
Well now that this tourney is off all you guys can come down to buffalo for THANKS4ROLLING may 2nd, Rochester people are coming to this too =D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224095

mark me as spam but you'll have a good time =)
haha..."no alcohol and or drugs"

i don't know what an Or Drug is, but apparently if you avoid it, you're allowed to bring both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drugs.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
You know, I was about to rail you for this as being a **** move, but I thought about it in another perspective and I can't find an argument against it (it's quitting a job for those who were curious). In that perspective, however, it would be a **** move of you to go back to the Brawl scene...

I think you should at least run this tournament Niko, or AT THE VERY LEAST keep your contractual agreements with the venue and have someone else (competent) run it. You're screwing over a lot of people who don't deserve this.
I agreed. If it's not too late, let Percon do it.

buenob

Smash Lord
i can help run things, and god only knows joel knows how to too (if he can haul his *** out there) so if it's day-of stress, we're here to help

i'm still coming up that weekend to party with PNDMike, so hopefully, regardless of if this tourney happens, I'll be able to get together with some of the locals for some good games

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
niko i know you have your things going on but cancelling 6 days before the event really has made all my training and preparation for this pointless, i hope your ok though

percon ill give you 30$ out of my own pocket(thats all the extra money i have) if you take this over

WIGI

Smash Champion
luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllll

brawl scene fails. i gues it was a good time for me to stop playing competitively anyways.

edit

Btw im not mad , i wasn't coming anyways

Top Bottom