• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

blizzard pull? or shield SDI?

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
does blizzard pull the opponent? or can you SDI while in shield?

(btw, b4 i get flamed if this is well known: i asked this in the q&a thread and i didn't get a very convincing answer.)

here's the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWj8un-Qt4

the CPU shields N-blizzard and clearly moves while shielding. it looks like SDI while in a shield, but idk what happened.

i'm not a IC mainer, so idk if blizzard pulls shielding MKs all the time or the CPU is just doing... something.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I always thought the Blizzard moves your opponent away, not to you. xD But mhm, he did roll the Blizzards.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can only SDI in freeze frames, and you can only DI while being hit.

It looks like he rolled, then somehow shielded and kept the momentum from the role because the shieldstun from the blizzard.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
You can only SDI in freeze frames, and you can only DI while being hit.

It looks like he rolled, then somehow shielded and kept the momentum from the role because the shieldstun from the blizzard.
so what do u think that means? is it possible to recreate what the cpu did or is it just a random glitch that isn't worth looking into?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lol mk mindgamed you, son!

but yeah, looks like he rolled through a blizzard.... just more evidence that mk should be banned.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
That's what I am worried about.
Though I understand what you mean, if this could be used in our advantage, we could maybe find another way to bypass the 'only 5 grabs in a row rule' or summin.

:falcon:-YESZ

And if you mean that you are worried the IC's will get harder to beat..
You can always main the IC, too :D

Smasher89

Smash Lord
From what I see I'm just scared that the opponents might get another option for avoiding grabs (even though that probably can be prevented by grabbing before the roll). I would look more into this if I had the oppoturnity and thought that it would help and not damage IC's as a whole ;)

But it might be something with the airdodge.

Sudai

Stuff here
Hylian, I'm actually pretty sure you're wrong on this one and that it is possible to SDI during shield-stun. I played around with it some in the past because I noticed something similar but I don't have a Wii anymore to test it out.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hylian, I'm actually pretty sure you're wrong on this one and that it is possible to SDI during shield-stun. I played around with it some in the past because I noticed something similar but I don't have a Wii anymore to test it out.
'

>.>

Gimme a few days and il have an article on that if its true XD

(was trying to test with zelda forward air......then realized it just CANT be SDIED at ALL.)

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I am pretty sure you are able to SDI while in shield. Since the MK is a computer it is able to do it more precisely then a human. I know that you could SDI from Shield in SSB64, because I often have to do it when my friend uses kirby's jab attack so that my shield doesn't break (And b4 you guys argue about DI in 64. I no that regular DI didn't exist but smash DI did. There is a perfect control video for 64 and it has examples of it). And if Shield SDI existed in 64, I don't see any reason why they would take it out (it doesn't seem broken). Even if Shield SDI was taken out for human players, computer limitations in smash games have at times been shown to be less limited then human ones. An example exists in melee, where only computer could SDI upward when being spiked down while they are on the ground, so that instead of blasting upward and over the top, they simply just land on the ground on there back as if they were spiked downward from the air.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yea, I am pretty sure you are able to SDI while in shield. Since the MK is a computer it is able to do it more precisely then a human. I know that you could SDI from Shield in SSB64, because I often have to do it when my friend uses kirby's jab attack so that my shield doesn't break (And b4 you guys argue about DI in 64. I no that regular DI didn't exist but smash DI did. There is a perfect control video for 64 and it has examples of it). And if Shield SDI existed in 64, I don't see any reason why they would take it out (it doesn't seem broken). Even if Shield SDI was taken out for human players, computer limitations in smash games have at times been shown to be less limited then human ones. An example exists in melee, where only computer could SDI upward when being spiked down while they are on the ground, so that instead of blasting upward and over the top, they simply just land on the ground on there back as if they were spiked downward from the air.
False, you could always SDI in any direction, its the DI/ASDI which had limitation(not even sure if ASDI did ) Anyways, as said il test this asap using frame by frame equipment, wel know soon. But from preliminary results, id say its possible. I think i should research on shieldstun.

D

Deleted member

How did Something like SSDI not get noticed before? The game has been out for more than a year hasn't it?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
How did Something like SSDI not get noticed before? The game has been out for more than a year hasn't it?
Oh, I thought this was already known. wasn't it? Big time lulz!

One should practice this in traningmode at 1/4 speed, before using it in a match.

When SSDI'ing, you must not press the control stick too far, or you'll roll.
Rapid flicks about half or 1/3 of the control stick, after each "blizzard hit", is the way to go.

I noticed it 2 months ago while practicing Gerudo -> Shield -> punish, with Ganon in training mode.

Well, **** ME, for not contributing back then. lol

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
If you try to roll in shieldstun, it can be cancelled by more shieldstun. Or something lol. Have bowser fire on your shield and keep tapping the control stick towards him while in shield. You can also roll away using this.

I've known it for awhile >_>

Top Bottom