• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Moveset Discussion: summaries coming soon

Player-3

Smash Hero
by boost smash/boost grabs, you mean the dash attack cancel, right?

Because I was pretty sure Falcon got a pitiful - heck, worse slide from his DAC, and his running U-smash gave a better slide.
it does

and i think they meant hyphen smash

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
by boost smash/boost grabs, you mean the dash attack cancel, right?

Because I was pretty sure Falcon got a pitiful - heck, worse slide from his DAC, and his running U-smash gave a better slide.
Yeah, the length is shorter on the DAC version, but it's often better for punishing if you're just out of stutterstep fsmash range. I've been trying to use it more and have found it effective. When I play the same opponents, the only time they expect the usmash is out of a dash.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
use rb to punish lag.
not usmash.
Rolls and spotdodges can't be punished by usmash effectively, but if someone is getting up from the ledge, you can punish with a usmash (as talkingbeatles said), since raptor boost is dangerous next to the ledge, and usmash is a better move to connect with if it will hit. Usmash may be situational, but that means it will be fresh if, say, you shield Dolphin Slash onstage and Marth is at 110%. Raptor boost would just tack on 8-10 damage in that case, while you could get a kill with usmash.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Rolls and spotdodges can't be punished by usmash effectively, but if someone is getting up from the ledge, you can punish with a usmash (as talkingbeatles said), since raptor boost is dangerous next to the ledge, and usmash is a better move to connect with if it will hit. Usmash may be situational, but that means it will be fresh if, say, you shield Dolphin Slash onstage and Marth is at 110%. Raptor boost would just tack on 8-10 damage in that case, while you could get a kill with usmash.
or use fsmash or dsmash

if the marth is recovering and doesnt sweetspot the ledge, he shouldnt be playing marth

or you got really lucky

i never use this move unless i accidently hit the c stick up

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
or use fsmash or dsmash

if the marth is recovering and doesnt sweetspot the ledge, he shouldnt be playing marth

or you got really lucky

i never use this move unless i accidently hit the c stick up
I'm saying if he uses it OoS. And fsmash and dsmash are better, but a hyphen/DAC usmash is often the only one of the three that can connect if your opponent is far away from you. But the other smashes are better, we're getting to them ;)

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I recommend finishing the summaries for the other attacks quickly. I wanna see D-tilts so that I can shout at people :mad:

However, U-smash:
Obviously a punishing move, but Hyphen smash is hard to punish with and its difficult to land both hits while he slides. Punishing ledge hops and ledge attacks is obviously best, since he will stop at the ledge. Its pretty crap for hitting through platforms also. Its only real use is punishing, and since it can't connect both hits on a character that isn't DK/Bowser easily, its not very good at that either.

Worst smash.

The whole Marth up-B punishment is stupid anyway, since a good Marth will rarely put himself in that horrible position (although I have baited it once, because he kept interrupting my jab cancels, I jab canceled shield and then punished) and even if he does, aerials then RB are the best choices.

Player-3

Smash Hero
second worst move.
besides grounded FK.

and by the way guys
dtilt can juggle fox pretty good
maybe falco i didnt test that

Smash Apprentice
I only use Usmash vs. MK for obvious reasons.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I think if your timing is good you can hit an opponent with it before he grabs the ledge.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
i hate falcons up-smash, his old one was better, he could combo up airs 'n stuff into it.

the only good thing i can say about up-smash if you slide it it slides alongway and it does a fair bit of damage other than that it's horrible.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
^That pretty much summed it up, next move to discuss is fsmash. It can be stutterstepped, and angled up or down for more range. It also has phire!!!!111

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
It can be stutter-stepped for even better range than it already has, it's powerful, has pretty good knockback, does a whopping 19%, and also has a fire effect. It's fast to come out, but if you miss with it or eat shield... OW.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Ah that explaines some..
but still, discussing what the move cant do or cant do anymore is futile..
Making pointless comments that won't change anything is futile. No need to shoot helpful things down. No point in being a jerk about it, either.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
Lately I've been using fsmash more than I used to - like almost all of Falcon's ground moves it's laggy and it's not very good (so obviously you can't spam it), but there are DEFINITELY times when I'd rather use it over dsmash despite the fact that dsmash comes out faster and has more range, this is why:

- when you're facing the other way and press the c-stick in the opposite direction to smash it, it gets MASSIVE range (that's where the stutter step mechanic comes from, you don't have to tap it, just be facing the direction), so if you WALK out of the range of another player's attack and then use it, it's a pretty good situational counterattack if you can tell they're going to miss with an aerial 'cuz you've walked out of their range. walk away fsmash is awesome, even if fsmash is still pretty darn mediocre.
- this goes hand in hand with the fact that falcon pulls back before he uses it - when you're facing the same direction he steps back anyway, so you can dodge some attacks this way. doing this isn't really practical (and not as amazing as ganon/bowser/hell, even mario) but it's pretty kickass when you pull it off
- from what I can tell it charges on a really good frame (meaning once you let go of the charge the move comes out quickly, most people ignore this) so if you just stand there charging it and then let it go at an adverse time the shield knockback will be greater, it'll be harder to spotdodge, and if you can predict a OOS jump or a roll you can hit them out of the opening frames. Then again this is true for most smashes in the game, but Falcon has to settle even for just the mediocre facts of life, but it's a LOT easier to do with fsmash because you can start walking away and they're apt to drop their shield even though walking away from them actually gives you MORE RANGE. I'm not advising you to start charging all your smashes because falcon is at a great disadvantage if you're just standing there, but it's an interesting option against certain opponents

If you can predict your opponent's double-jump onto the ledge (read: if you know your opponent is ********) charging dsmash is a better edgeguard because it has great vertical distance (falcon's entire body)

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
Making pointless comments that won't change anything is futile. No need to shoot helpful things down. No point in being a jerk about it, either.
It will change something. It will tell the people who say such things that doing that is stupid,
And if you call that beeing a jerk, then I suggest you stay off this board as there are far worse jerks around here.

And it wasnt really helpfull information I shot down. If it was to you, you're probably new here.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
If you can predict your opponent's double-jump onto the ledge (read: if you know your opponent is ********) charging dsmash is a better edgeguard because it has great vertical distance (falcon's entire body)
That's definitely true, but if you happen to edgeguard with fsmash, angling it down will semi-spike.

It will change something. It will tell the people who say such things that doing that is stupid,
And if you call that beeing a jerk, then I suggest you stay off this board as there are far worse jerks around here.

And it wasnt really helpfull information I shot down. If it was to you, you're probably new here.
Let's keep this on the topic of fsmash please.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
It has been 13 hours. Please discuss moves and not semantics here.

^posted at 3 am
And still everything has been said.
Most of the time everything is said in like 10 hours (sometimes even in 2 or so.).

You only proved I am right.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
D-smash is a good move but you generally have to get lucky or be on wifi to hit it. I find it to be a good roll punisher, and its power is very good for Falcon.
We're still on F-smash man.

And Radiation, F-smash is actually 1 frame quicker than D-smash, an stutterstepped it has a lot more range than either hit. F-smash has more endin lag though. I believe however (no proof of this) that D-smash hits at it's furthest reaching point before Fsmash reaches that point, so in that sense you are right.

And PartyHatPikaChu, there are people who will get onto Smashboards atlater times, or may not gt on some days. So I suppose the longer the time is the more feedback we are likely to get. Although I agree that if the discussion is dead and everything has been said, we should move on.

Top Bottom