• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Falcon :D

Eaode

Smash Champion

Eaode

Smash Champion
thanks for bumping this thread, and making me think one person on smashboards cared enough to actually help me out, and then just comment about something I already addressed. Appreciate it.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Some friendlies I recorded with my Teams partner so I can get some feedback and advice on my Falcon.

Any advice is helpful, and be as in-depth as you have to be :D

Eaode(Falcon) vs Morg(Roy) 1
Eaode(Falcon) vs Morg(Roy) 2
Eaode(Falcon) vs Morg(Roy) 3

Eaode(Falcon) vs Morg(Ganondorf) 1
Eaode(Falcon) vs Morg(Ganondorf) 2
Eaode(Falcon) vs Morg(Ganondorf) 3

Sorry about the god-forsaken Black bars >_>. Digital Camera. The quality is otherwise very decent.

Critique plz.

I was very angered at the first match. I think you know very well what your problems are. I am no where near being a falcon main, but you problems are very basic. You dont know when to take your kill, and when you do, u miss. Just look at all of the times your opponent is at kill percentage and you either dont take advantage of an opening or just throw out a knee 50 miles away.

Any commentator would have difficulty going "in depth" with your matches because your mistakes are very basic. To your credit, you do seem to have the basics of falcon down, i.e. u seem to go for correct pressure techniques and edgeguards, but u will need to get them down before anyone can truly analyze the reason for your going one to one in stocks with a mediocre Roy >.>

Anyway, i always critique matches harshly, even tho im not that good myself (especially with falcon). I commend u on picking him up tho. I recently started learning falcon; hes such a beast, but with all beasts, they take time to tame.

The best advice i can offer is to TAKE YOUR KILLS after getting your opponent to correct kill percentages: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74541

Eaode

Smash Champion
Thanks for the critique. I realize a lot that when I see and opportunity to get the kill I get nervous, probably out of fear that by being rash I'll get punished if it doesn't work. But I'll take your advice to heart and just go with it, be more bold.

Thanks for the wake up call. I appreciate your harsh and honest critique.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
when you drop through a platform on FoD you should always nair if theyre in front of you.

itll do the first hit and then you can do another nair if theyre too far away, or grab them if it hits and theyre close enough

thats all

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Now do you see? Everything worked out for the better when I posted because I am here. Anyways, sorry for not critiquing yet, I will critique later when I am not busy.

Top Bottom