• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.pch should have a bedtime. I'm thinking an hour ago
Ok???? I dont get you.

Anyway. This will just go on in circles. If it has gotton this serious. There should not be a topic about meta being banned. Bann him for like 2 months nation wide and lets see if there is a change in tournaments. Lets see if placeing of characters will change.

Only way to end this. Caus ethis will keep going on, more arrogant folls will come in and this thread will never end or come to a conclusion. I say a 2 month bann and get tournaments all over the USA updated on results. If there is not much of a change, then it shows meta is not the problem. But the players themselves.

Spade1

Smash Apprentice
Voted not sure. Temp ban might be interesting though, just to see how other characters do without mk on the roster.

I don't think it will kill anyone for a few months or so not to use him.

Palpi

Smash Hero
When you start ban dodging, you are obviously a troll.

Seriously, why do people keep thinking he's NOT a troll? I went through this the first time he was banned. -_- Obvious troll is obvious, ban him.
That is not our discussion at hand. This isn't a ban/not ban bob saget thead. It is a ban/not ban for metaknight. If he is a troll stop feeding him and just ignore and continue your discussion.

Voted not sure. Temp ban might be interesting though, just to see how other characters do without mk on the roster.

I don't think it will kill anyone for a few months or so not to use him.
Temp ban is useless imo. You would see all of the other top tier characters winning. What else would see like... gannondorfs winning because all of a sudden have their only bad match up is banned lol :)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
If you ban MK you will have to ban snake also he's just as cheap IMO. Although I don't think either should be banned.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
If MK is banned temporarily so the other characters can develop their metagames (LOL.), wouldn't that be a little stupid since there's no more matchup practice available, meaning that when MK is unbanned, they'll get ***** harder than before?
If the MKs stop playing MK: No. (They will also have no practice against the other characters)

If the MKs only stop playing him at tourneys: Yes, I think they would.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
MK.

Lol. MK is a major cause of unbalance.

We should ban him and see how it goes. This is already our third take on this. Reawaken the other side of the argument. If we get variety in tourney results, then we should take it upon ourselves to see what should happen from there. Brawl is not anevolving game anymore. It is at a standstill, and it is unbalanced. We all know that. But we should work our way to making brawl balanced. A major step towards that is banning MK.

--Viva La Revolution--The Rebellion to Ban MK

Take a good look at my sig.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Not always
Akuma in SF2 ***** everyone and was later banned.

my point was, no matter how good the character may be, if you suck you lose.
So if all these people main MK, the will lose if they suck.
Meta Knight is ****** all the good competitors in tournaments. How often on LiveStream do you hear "Who took out [Insert Professional Player's Name Here]" and someone respond with "Some random noob who played Meta Knight"? It's clear that Meta Knight makes a huge difference in tournaments. The only problem with having him banned is sorting out the other reasons why certain characters don't play in tournaments with or without him.

i mean i know im gonna get ***** by a good MK player but i dont care i mean even in a tournament everyone picks there char and thats who they play regardless yeah MK is S tier and some people pick him because of that but oh well they gotta take the time to learn him before they get really good anyways so keep him f it.
You don't care but people who are actually trying to make money off these tournaments do care. And why do you think people pick their charactrs? Because they want to win tournaments and have the easiest time possible doing it. Who is easiesst to win tournaments with because he has all the best ****ing tools in the game? Meta Knight - ban his ***.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
here's a question. If it's decided MK should be banned....what about doubles? Should he be banned there?

Someone earlier pointed out that a Zelda/Peach team beat double MK, but I didn't really care about that because characters perform differently in singles than in doubles.

For example, Melee Kirby is absolute trash, but in my experiences, he actually makes a pretty **** good doubles partner. Similarly, MK is amazing in singles, but I haven't gotten the impression that he's as overpowering in doubles.

My personal opinion is that if he's banned in singles, he doesn't need to be banned in doubles as well. Again, personal opinion.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I mean that the other characters will get ***** harder by MK after he returns. Nobody can work on learning how to fight him. Sure, their character would improve (LOL, still an idiotic claim, but we're talking hypothetically here), but the matchup experience is a huge factor.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I say ban Meta for a month or 2 to see what happens with tourney results and to see how things go. I've been seeing this suggestion among this thread and feel it is the best case option we can use if a ban does come to pass.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I don't understand what a temp ban would accomplish. We would see some nice diversity for a few months and then... what? Do we unban him? Keep him banned? Did we accomplish anything? We still don't know if he's bannable or not, just that we have more diversity without him, which should be obvious.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I can name about 10 characters who have more of a metagame then him. There is not much to meta knight.
lmao. I think Snake and Marth could be in this discussion, but very few characters are even close to MK in terms of how thoroughly their metagame has been explored.

If you ban MK you will have to ban snake also he's just as cheap IMO.
Snake has disadvantaged matchups, I think in an MKless metagame he doesn't become the best character, I wouldn't be totally surprised if he wasn't top 3(although I wouldn't expect it per se). Having a mere 45:55 disadvantage to MK is something that helps him a lot in this metagame, Meta Knight kills off Snake's worst matchups.

No opinion regarding a ban anymore because I don't really understand what criteria would justify a character for a ban in my mind, short of being like a boss character.

Excellence

Smash Champion
here's a question. If it's decided MK should be banned....what about doubles? Should he be banned there?

Someone earlier pointed out that a Zelda/Peach team beat double MK, but I didn't really care about that because characters perform differently in singles than in doubles.

For example, Melee Kirby is absolute trash, but in my experiences, he actually makes a pretty **** good doubles partner. Similarly, MK is amazing in singles, but I haven't gotten the impression that he's as overpowering in doubles.

My personal opinion is that if he's banned in singles, he doesn't need to be banned in doubles as well. Again, personal opinion.
A character still has his or her tools regardless of where they are. The fact that Zelda/Peach beat double Meta Knight probably means the Meta Knight players weren't too good. Then again, it could also mean that Peach and Zelda, when used correctly, have tools that eliminate their weaknesses when playing against Meta Knight seperately. Now that I think about it, team placing are pretty varied.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
They could ban Meta-Knights B-Moves.

(For example changing it to D-Pad Down [one button must be Specials -_-] so no one could do them by mistake)

Well, something very creative to go for, but I know nobody would support this, so just ignore my post :p

Palpi

Smash Hero
Ban G&W and MK and you might see some sort of change. Banning just metaknight even temporarily is absolutely ******** and nothing will change other than the rest of the top tiers winning MORE.

Why post it if you want it ignored.. lol

BOB SAGET

Smash Apprentice
How the heck has BOB SAGET's second account lasted so long? If not third, I know he had the 6 points (banned) like, at the beginning of the month.

Seriously: ban the obviously spamming troll already, include IP ban this time. If that isn't the problem, ban him on site.
how am i a troll. why do u call others troll just because they oppose u? i come here with facts and never once flamed and im a troll for that. just because i oppose u doesnt mean "i'm a troll"

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
A character still has his or her tools regardless of where they are. The fact that Zelda/Peach beat double Meta Knight probably means the Meta Knight players weren't too good. Then again, it could also mean that Peach and Zelda, when used correctly, have tools that eliminate their weaknesses when playing against Meta Knight seperately. Now that I think about it, team placing are pretty varied.
lol

They got one game off of us (me and Shadow) 'cause I killed Shadow twice. He got hit into my fsmash and an up B stage spike. The other matches weren't too close.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
He should be banned all together. a Ban is a bann.

I have a messed up arm as was told I could not play basketball. for a while. So does this mean i can play soccer with no problem? No it does not. Cause I can still get some injury from it that can mess up my arm some more.

Again. Temp ban for 2 months I say. Now when you guys wanna decided when to bann him, up to you guys. But it is the only way to find out if he is the problem of not from stopping other characters from doing well. Cause from what I been hearning. No one stops him.

The back room really need to talk and take this into mind. do it and have updates from all over the USA on tournamwnt results. A good way is of course, Ankoku's thread.

I say someone get a message to the back room and have them do this. Decide when the temp ban will start and then check out tournament results. Only answer there is after this topic was made three times. He is obviously some problem. What problem that is? This will help discover it.

Excellence

Smash Champion
So then why is everyone in here arguing? Man, I didn't know everyone here was making money! I should play again!
Because not everyone is trying to win money. Stop jumping the gun and generalizing posts.

They could ban Meta-Knights B-Moves.

(For example changing it to D-Pad Down [one button must be Specials -_-] so no one could do them by mistake)

Well, something very creative to go for, but I know nobody would support this, so just ignore my post :p
This is an absolute no.

Ru-fi-o

Banned via Administration
Being good with a character, and understanding him above all else with ultimately get your character berated for being cheap.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You guys all need to give up the ghost already.

Play SF4, BlazBlue, KoF XII, or SCIV.

Seriously.

Give it up already.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
These threads are always in favor of the ban.
exactly..

again...

problem is there is alot more brawl scrub players then pro players. (They dont fight MK as well as top players so they dont know what they are doing and are not at the top of the metagame)

So this poll is going to be heavily skewed towards Metaknight ban.

Which is a bad way to do a poll.

Statistics class.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
You guys all need to give up the ghost already.

Play SF4, BlazBlue, KoF XII, or SCIV.

Seriously.

Give it up already.
Lol. So true.

Brawl is a lost cause. But we can leave it as a more balanced game. We get rid of MK for good.

He has a simple metagame.

And with basic time fractures, he covers all of the 6 characteristics of a good move.

Something that no other character has ever achieved.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Ban G&W and MK and you might see some sort of change. Banning just metaknight even temporarily is absolutely ******** and nothing will change other than the rest of the top tiers winning MORE.

Why post it if you want it ignored.. lol
Lol, what? All other characters have bad match-ups, Meta Knight does not.

So it's pretty apparent that this thread won't result in a MK ban. Next topic, please!
Maybe we should discuss what warrants a ban or not because people are definitely unsure and or have differing opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom