• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I dunno, there wasn't much to critizie with Rail to begin with IMO. It's a good rival for Waluigi for the title of your best move set. =D

In other news, my secret set #2 is nearing completion. It may be posted tonight if I manage to think of the remaining few moves in time. :bee:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Rail: Like Hyper_Ridley said, Rail is really a good contender, Spadefox. While the moves were exceedingly clever, they didn't become overly complicated (which in my opinion was the only flaw of Waluigi). You explained the moves very well also, and I can see Rail as a real character. I wish I could point out a flaw to make this constructive, but I can't find any. Also, indie game movesets ftw.

Anyway, I was in music class today when I was thinking about all the good Make Your Move sets like Super Star Helpers and Cook Kawasaki, and thinking about SirKibble's Adeleine of old and what the re-post version would be like, when I thought of an awesome idea for a Kirby series moveset.

That's Paint Roller, the boss of Ice Cream Island from Kirby's Adventure for the NES! It may sound a lot like Adeleine, but after viewing the old Adeleine of Make Your Move 2 I think Paint Roller should be much different. I already have an idea for a mechanic involving putting out canvases and using a palette. I may hold off the Shadow Sirens to do Paint Roller, as I'm not even done with Beldam yet.

Agi

Smash Lord
>>Review of: Birdon

Birdon, huh? I have my experience with this Birdon, him(her?) being one of my favorite helpers. Let's see how you pulled this little guy off in Smash!

Stats, first off. They may not be the best way to judge a set, but they can sure help... hrm. Okay, so we have a lightweight, fast runner with a good recovery and has decent KO moves. Wait, what's this? TRICKINESS? I swear you made that up. Having flashbacks to Mendez's MEGA stat from a while back... anyways, it seems pretty balanced, the weight keeping him from staying around too long. One thing I'd like to know is his number of extra jumps, but maybe that's later on in the set.

Animations, good. One of the things I'm slightly infamous for not including. A nice, unique crawl here.

Specials

Specials time. The Neutral B seems fine, but two things. One: a projectile with two seconds lag is far from spammable. 1 second seems more fitting. Two: 6 stage-builder blocks can be better described as a Battlefield length. A minor quibble, but still, I guess it's just your writing style. Three: Okay, I lied. Three things. If you're dashing, then won't an input of B register as a side-special instead? Star Tackle seems fine, but a bit reminescent of a Falcon Kick, with unique air properties and more lag.

Feather Effect took a bit of time to decipher, but it works nicely from what I can see. An incredible horizontal recovery; Birdon has the potential to recover 2+4+8+16+32... that's 62 horizontal blocks, when you take into account the 5-block recovery at the move's end. Considering how light he is and how slow the move itself is, this may not be as broken as it may seem at first, but it's still something to point out. (I can only assume you're doubling the distance gained, here.) Oh, and you seem to have copy-pasta'd the damage %'s and knockback from the Neutral B.

I can't make heads or tails of the Down Special. I get the gist that the opponent is being drawn in and then expelled with a blast of wind, but the details evade me. The problem's probably on my end, but the numbers spewn all over the place don't help readability. At times, it's best to shoot the breeze and say "low, middle, high" when dealing with time, or use word-numbers.

Ah, a SECOND Down Special! This one is much more readable, only one critique, which also applies to the FTilt later on... never say whether a move is broken or not. It kinda breaks that fourth wall, y'know? Anyways, that's a lesser issue; a great move nonetheless. *feels dumb for not using something similar in Airman's set*

Standards

On to the standards! ...ah. So, if you complete the Standard Combo, you get a whole SECOND of lag? With the enemy standing right in front of you? Combining this with Birdon's weight, I'd never use this move, or at least always stop it before that final hit. The Dash Attack, on the other hand, is great. Easily visualizable (especially for those of us who have played Kirby Super Star (Ultra),) so there's that. But... what's this? Situationals? Meh. When I include these, they're at the end of a set... but that's more of an organizational thing. Anyways, not much to say on them... ask HR. =P

Moving on to the tilts... what's this? Where are the tilts?! NONSTANDARD ORGANIZATION ALERT!

Aerials

...Okay, aerials. >_> For "Standard Tornado" (lulz) you repeat some information that should be obvious to the scrubbiest of scrubs. "So, to be touched by this move, you must be touching Birdon or he must come to you while you're in the air with him" could be shortened to "This move's hitbox is Birdon's body," for example. Also, you say "this move counts as a jump, for Birdon has many of these." HOW MANY DOES HE HAVE? Either way, since he enters free-fall for 1.5 seconds, I'd see this as giving him an extra jump, since you're basically falling for the length it takes to use a Falcon Punch. :/

Okay, that was a long one, so breaking it up... wait, you do it again for the FAir. TWO SECONDS?! That's almost a guaranteed KO to yourself. Anyways, I'd see this as doing pretty good knockback, with the leadup to it. Losing a jump? Argh. Birdon's aerial game isn't looking too good, ironically. Also, the 4th wall is broken at that last sentence... I'll just skip over it the next time it happens. Ooh, liking the BAir. A nice effect, even if it does have a whole second of starting lag.

The UAir is another confusing move to read, if only due to repeating redundant information and comma abuse. Merge them into fewer, more coherent sentences! Lower the lag. Finally, the DAir. It does serve as giving a plausible explanation for how each move takes away an aerial attack, but if I were you I'd move that to just below the Aerials header. So, a meteor smash with a sweetspot... suitable enough. I'd have seen Birdon's DAir from Kirby Super Star in here, with the shockwaves.

...Tilts. (there they are.)

Oh, THERE are the tilts! Usually I would put the aerials below these and the smashes, but since Birdon is such an aerial set (at least, COULD be with lower lag) I can see why you opted to do this. Anyways... The FTilt was actually the very first move I read, since Plorf (hi, Plorf! *waves*) brought it to my attention in the chat. And... quite frankly, is the reason I opted to do this review in the first place. This move needs serious attention. My main point is: "...with Mid-Low Knockback" and "One little peck and BOOM!, he's off-stage, KOed." This implies two VASTLY different knockback levels. I'm through commenting thoroughly on lag issues, but this move has them.

*whew* Okay, UTilt. My only critiques here are lack of creativity... and a high damage %. A juggling move shouldn't do that much. Lower it to 5-7%ish. Love the DTilt, no issues here.

Smashes

Time for the smashes… Bird Scream seems quite interesting. I love the concept, but I’d like to see a mention of lag here. I’m also assuming no knockback is done, since you don’t mention it. USmash is also nice, but what benefits do you get from charging the move? In fact, you didn’t mention that for the FSmash… or Star release, later on… I’d recommend putting them in, for future reference.

The DSmash is another good move, I can see what the “majestic” recolor was all about, now. Ah! And you state a question directly in there… hrm. Well, in answer, I’d have to say that this move isn’t written very well, having more redundancy issues. “This only does 10% damage, but stars are known to be found high in the sky so, super knockback. This move has High Knockback, as it doesn't have good strength,” is the real killer. You can remove the sentence about the stars, and also the second one. They just add to the unnecessary length of the move; like Robotnik did back in MYM 4. Lag is another unmentioned thing in this attack.

Grabs

Grabs/Throws are next. Since these normally have universal effects, I skim them for the most part. FThrow is nice, just awkwardly worded. A bit high on the damage side, too. BThrow is extremely creative for a melee move. Uthrow and DThrow are nice, although they both mention setting up for Birdon’s aerial game… which, with its insane lag isn’t that good at this point. :/

Extras

Final Smash… the whorenado reveals itself. This thing is blatantly overpowered, as it’s able to do 5% a second… for 15 seconds… with an additional 20%. That’s 95%. Considering that all it’s gonna take is a simple DThrow to set up for this, and your opponent’s screwed from the second you get the smash ball. Move the time down to 10 seconds at 4% a second and it’ll be more reasonable.

Playstyle. Well, you’re certainly right about one thing… Birdon is all about building up damage. A few things: Never mention whether a move is generic, as people will immediately think less of it. (hi, Spade! *waves*) Anyways, whether it’s generic or not, don’t mention it in the playstyle… it’s way out of place.

Extras, blah blah blah… recolors. Yay, recolors! Extras really aren’t my thing, so this is where the review ends! Hopefully you learned something.

My Main Points (tl;dr)

1: LOWER THE LAG.

2: Less redundancy.
3: Weaken the Final Smash.

Up Next: Gutsman.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about making a set for Iji in MYM4, but I ended up not doing so. Glad you did it though, it's a great game. Set was well done, and had enough detail. Didn't expect Retribution to be a situational, but more of a Final Smash heh. (I got Massacre but I never used it). Down Smash was a nice use of that one ability, though do the benefits become greater when charged? I myself would of made Down Special pretty much lagless in start/end lag but only like 1-2 frame reflect time but has a large radius, like in her game.

Hopefully your set gets a few to at least try the game =P

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about making a set for Iji in MYM4, but I ended up not doing so. Glad you did it though, it's a great game. Set was well done, and had enough detail. Didn't expect Retribution to be a situational, but more of a Final Smash heh. (I got Massacre but I never used it). Down Smash was a nice use of that one ability, though do the benefits become greater when charged? I myself would of made Down Special pretty much lagless in start/end lag but only like 1-2 frame reflect time but has a large radius, like in her game.

Hopefully your set gets a few to at least try the game =P
I'm glad. I didn't feel as confident in this one as I did the others, so I'm relieved it was good. The down smash doesn't charge like a smash normally does, it just activates the animation. I think you're right about the down special, though I'm worried that it might become too spamable (maybe a 'you can't use this attack for another 2 seconds' clause?). Is it okay with you if I change it to the way you suggested? I'll give you credit.

I hope they will too. It's a good game, on the level of Cave Story.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Hi there. I’m pretty bored right now. Do you want to play with me? Okay, LET’S PLAY!

MEWTHREE

Game of Origin: Playing God (Original Character)

Mewthree is what happens when two idealistic villains decide to try their hand at creating life. When Mewtwo ended up as an out of control freak, his creator, the fallen Sandbag Spadefox decided to create a more “perfect” copy of Mew using artificial means. After forming an alliance with Ridley of the Space Pirates, the pair combined Space Pirate technology with Spadefox’s dark magic to construct the second clone of Mew. Mewthree has had some “minor” alterations to transform himself into a powerful fighting machine, such as cybernetic implants, an artificial blood made of a strange shadowy liquid, and energy transfusions from the Chaos Emeralds to give his psychic abilities more potency. His most dangerous new tool, however, is the gem on his forehead, for it gives Mewthree the power to take complete control over any sentient being while enhancing the victim’s fighting capabilities. However, it can only work on beings whose souls have been corrupt with sin, allowing Mewthree to feed off the “darkness” in their hearts to take control over them.

Of course, there was one thing that both Spadefox and Ridley overlooked. The original Mew was a very playful creature, and the villains sought to keep this personality trait in order to make Mewthree easier to control. Well, you see, all the various energy sources that went into helping Mewthree mature ended up snapping his psyche. The result is a creature that is indeed playful, almost childish in nature, but it has been twisted to the breaking point.

OVERVIEW

Mewthree is an aerial God. He combines some great aerial attacks with fantastic jumps that make him a nightmare to engage off the ground. On the downside, Mewthree is rather easy to KO despite his great recovery, and while his gimping abilities are some of the best in the game, he needs to rely on that gimping prowess to finish the job.

STATS

Movement Speed: 7/10 (Mewthree has been eating his vegetables.)

Traction: 8/10 (He slides ever so slightly, but it shouldn’t affect how he’s played)

Attack Speed: 4/10 (Not terrible, but still below average.)

Attack Strength: 6/10 (Mewthree has a surprising amount of decently strong moves for a little guy. However, he still tends to have some trouble with outright KOs, so his main method of KOing will be through gimping.)

Range: 8/10 (Mewthree's long tail and psychich abilties allow him to strike from good distances. However, Mewthree tends to rely on specific hitboxes with some moves, forcing him to take advantage of that range.)

Priority: 6/10 (Mewthree has a mix of disjointed moves and lower-priority moves)

Weight: Mewthree has the misfortune of being the second-lightest character in the game, only a bit heavier than Jigglypuff.

Jump Strength: 10/10 (Mewthree spends most of his time levitating and flying around, so it’s only natural that he have an amazing jump. The fact that his jump has a unique property seals the deal. See the animations section below for details)

Second Jump Strength: 11/10 (Epic. The very pinnacle of recovering and aerial mobility. See the animations section to see why.)

Fall Speed: 1/10 (To make his aerial game even more unholy, he stays in the air for extended periods of time.)

Size: Mewthree’s main body is the same size as Olimar. However, Mewthree’s long snaky tail does in fact have a hurtbox, making him into a sizable target. The fiery pink aura you see in the picture at the top is present in-game but is is just a graphical effect with no effect on Mewthree's hurtbox.

ANIMATIONS

Idle: Mewthree will levitate just off the ground as his tail gently swishes behind him, bent in an S shape similar to the one on the picture. His face is normally expressionless, but occasionally his expression will change to that smile he has in the picture.

Walk/Dash: Mewthree will float forwards in a motion similar to Mewtwo in Melee, leaning forwards during his dash. His tail ends up completely outstretched in this state, giving him a big horizontal hurtbox.

Crouch: Mewthree will lie on his side, floating in the air, and rest his head on his arms while closing his eyes. He’ll curl up his tail close to his body and use the fluffy end as a pillow, and then he will begin to sleep. This crouch is useful since it makes Mewthree a much smaller target than normal.

Jump: Mewthree’s jump will have him lifting himself higher into the air in a similar fashion to Mewtwo. As a unique trait, if Mewthree jumps during a dash, his momentum will be almost entirely horizontal, allowing him to cross most of Battlefield’s main platform in a single bound.

Midair Jump: Mewthree’s midair jump is anything but basic. Upon pressing the jump button, a grey energy bubble appears around Mewthree in a parody of Mew’s pink bubble that he used in the first Pokemon movie. It covers an area the size of Dedede, and Mewthree will wrap his tail around the inside of the bubble.

As long you hold the jump button, Mewthree will keep his bubble activated, and you can move him around the air in any direction with the control stick. Mewthree will move around at an average speed. While moving around in the bubble, Mewthree can only perform his Nair, so in order to use other aerials (or specials in the air) you’ll have to deactivate Mewthree’s bubble and let him fall. Mewthree is also unable to air-dodge while in the bubble. There is low lag on both ends to activate and deactivate the bubble, and it can be reactivated.

Here’s the fun part: the bubble actually works like an aerial version of Yoshi’s shield. It protects Mewthree from attacks and will darken as it takes damage. When it breaks, the exact same thing will happen to Mewthree as though his regular shield was broken, being a very bad thing if it happens over a pit. It also weakens as Mewthree floats around in it, so he can’t stall with this ability at the top of the screen. The bubble only regenerates when Mewthree is on the ground, and it takes 10 seconds to regenerate to full power from a nearly shattered shield.

PROS
Amazing aerial game
Excellent edge-guarding abilities
Midar jump is a great recovery tool
Decent power
Good range
A fair amount of disjointed moves

CONS
Very light
A notably bigger target than expected
Overall below average attack speed
No recovery move
Non-disjointed moves tend to be below average in priority or worse
Some moves have awkward hitboxes or require specific spacing to work
Few true KO moves

MOVE SET

STANDARD ATTACKS

Standard A [Scorpion from the Netherworld]
Mewthree will perform a downwards stab with his tail arched over his head, looking much like a scorpion’s tail sting, hence the name. There is the width of one Jigglypuff in between Mewthree and where his tail strikes. Besides this spacing note, only the fluffy end of Mewthree’s tail has a hitbox. It deals 5% with low knockback. The tail has below average priority

Upon the second press of A, The part of Mewthree’s aura around his tail will intensify as he quickly performs a 360 spin attack while swinging his tail horizontally. The hitbox for the move is in the same position relative to his body but now it will hit to both sides, first the front and then back due to the spin. Hitting the “stinger” of the tail during this attack deals 5% with average knockback. The move has good priority. Besides taking damage, your opponent’s body will also be blackened due to burns for 4 seconds. Once those 4 seconds are up, the “soot” on your opponent will fall off into a pile on the ground. This soot lasts until it is hit by an attack, and does nothing…for now at least…

Forward Tilt [Quake Screech]
Mewthree will let loose with a loud screech, causing a sound wave to quickly travel horizontally across the entire stage until it reaches a blast zone. The sound wave is actually invisible, with the only indication of its position being the dirt that’s disturbed as the wave travels over it. This also ties into the hit box of the move. The sound wave affects an area of one Wario’s width on either side of the dirt indicator, only affecting the ground itself on the same general vertical plane as when the attack was initiated. Should someone be on the ground on as the sound wave reaches them, they will take no damage but be popped into the air with high set knockback. The move also ignores shields and is a disjointed hitbox. There is below average startup lag for Mewthree to screech, the screech animation lasts for .5 seconds, and there is low end lag to the screech.

Down Tilt [Sweet Dreams]
While Mewthree is in his “sleeping” crouch animation, he will open his mouth as if to yawn and a bubble of purple spit will begin to form in front of his mouth. After .5 seconds, the bubble will be as big as Kirby, and it will detach from Mewthree’s jaws and begin to slowly rise. There is low end lag to forming the bubble.

The bubble will rise for 4 seconds, stopping if it hits a ceiling. Players may stand on the bubble as it rises, and it also acts as a wall when players touch it from the sides. Methree himself is affected by the bubble. After those 4 seconds are up, the bubble will burst, and anyone (this time not including Mewthree) in close proximity will be hit by poisonous spit and take 8% in poison damage over 4 seconds. No hit stun or knockback is dealt when the bubble bursts.

Only one bubble may be on the screen at a time. If you input this attack while a bubble is on the screen, Mewthree will simply snore while you hold the A button.

Up Tilt [Mind Reader]
Mewthree will spread his arms as a purple dome of energy suddenly radiates outwards from his body and covers an area the size of Kirby before fizzling out. The energy is disjointed. There is low startup lag to this, but above average end lag should Mewthree fail to hit someone. If he does hit someone, they will take 7% and special knockback that automatically knocks the enemy to be at Olimar’s height above Mewthree. While the knockback is occurring, all of the energy that forms the dome is seen fusing into the opponent’s body.

Once they are knocked to the specified position, the energy inside them suddenly bursts, setting the foe ablaze with purple flames while they take an additional 2%. However, that’s not the main focus to this second hit. When the enemy is hit from the internal explosion, they take only slight hit stun, but their DI is greatly exaggerated to one of the four primary directions and is also restricted to just those 4 directions. Now, if Mewthree is able to hit someone with the initial dome blast, there is low enough end lag that Mewthree can “cancel” the move into a jump. If he predicts which way the enemy will DI, Mewthree can combo this attack into the associated directional aerial attack.

Dash Attack [Super Mario Time]
Mewthree apparently is in the mood to play Super Mario Bros, as when he performs this move, his dash momentum instantly stops and he leaps straight upwards while his aura turns a more reddish color. He goes upwards at the same speed as his regular jump and an incredible distance, essentially the same amount as Sonic’s Spring. Mewthree’s entire body including his tail is a hitbox while he rises, and he deals 10% with average knockback but has low priority. There is absolutely no startup lag to this, and low end lag when he reaches the apex of his jump. As a final note, When Mewthree uses this move, it actually makes the classic jumping sound from Super Mario Bros.

SMASH ATTACKS

Foward Smash [Dressup]
Mewthree starts to spew black smog from his mouth and the smoke begins to encircle Mewthree, eventually completely covering the pokemon anti-Christ in a ball of smoke. Over the course of one second, the ball of smoke expands and eventually blows apart as Mewthree emerges, looking quite different…

One of Mew’s signature moves is Transform, so it’s only natural that his artificial clone has a variation of the ability. For this move, Mewthree has taken the form of an Umbreon, and you can control him in this form from 8-14 seconds, depending on charge time. While in this form, he is now as large as Mario but on all fours, keeping him low to the ground. He can run along the stage with a movement speed of 9/10 and traction of 7/10. He can perform a single 6/10 jump with a 5/10 fall speed. He is as heavy as Luigi in this form, and cannot perform dodges, but he can shield. Also, like the Zelda/Shiek transformation, Mewthree is invincible while he’s changing forms.

When you press A in this form, Mewthree will violently explode into a cloud of smoke, releasing a shockwave that quickly expands to cover an area the size of Dedede before it fizzles out. This can be done on both the air and the ground. The shockwave is disjointed and deals 14% with good knockback. There is below average startup lag to the self-destruct. After the explosion ends, the smoke cloud then reforms back into Mewthree’s true form, which gives the move above average end lag.

Down Smash [Soul Synergy]
Mewthree chuckles as he holds out both hands and a small pink ball of energy forms between them. While charging the move, you may use the control stick to move the ball of energy around the screen at a high speed, but it handles very loosely. When the charging is finished, Mewthree claps his hands together and the ball explodes into a blood-red mist that takes up an area the size of Kirby and lasts for 1 second. The mist is a disjointed hitbox that deals no damage with above average set knockback. While the move has low startup lag, it has above average end lag so Mewthree can’t really take advantage of the hit stun for combos.

Okay, so then what IS the point of this move? You see, if the enemy shields the blast, the energy that their shield looses will turn into small sparks of energy in the same color as the player’s shield and fly into Mewthree. This will regenerate Mewthree’s midair-jump-shield by the same amount of damage that was dealt to the enemy’s shield. More damage is dealt depending on charge time, from 10% to 60% of a shield.

Up Smash [Bowser Impersonation]
Mewthree will get on all fours on the ground and then 4 long, skeletal, pointed appendages will burst from his back. We can see some strands of fur fly out where the things came out. They are all as long as Marth’s sword and spread out slightly so that they cover a horizontal area slightly larger than Mewthree’s back. All of the spiky vertebrae have below average priority and deal 14% (26% charged) with just hit-stun for now. Average startup lag.

After sprouting the deadly bones, Mewthree will then hop upwards in an animation similar to Bowser’s USmsh. However, Mewthree’s jumping abilities allow him to go as high upwards as Luigi’s first jump, his bones retaining their hitbox the entire time. This part of the attack is what deals the knockback, above average at that. Once Mewthree reaches the apex of the jump, he will hover in place for a moment as he rotates to his regular aerial position, giving the move average end lag. As you may expect, Mewthree is in the air when the move ends, allowing him to transition directly from this attack to his aerial game. After the move ends, Mewthree’s back spikes will stay out for another 6 seconds before retracting, making Mewthree a bigger target. Mewthree cannot use this move again until the spikes retract.

AERIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Aerial [Dark Emeralds]
Mewthree’s eyes will flash blue for a moment as a Chaos Emerald will materialize overlapping Mewthree’s body. It always goes in the same order of starting at red and following the rainbow, ending with white. It takes .5 seconds to complete a summon. The Chaos Emeralds can be moved through like thin air, and they have 20 HP. If one loses all of its HP, it will teleport away from the stage, and the next use of this move will resummon the lost ones.

After all 7 Chaos Emeralds are summoned, the next time this move is input, Mewthree’s eyes will once again flash blue. After .75 seconds, a strange screen distortion will form around each of the Chaos Emeralds as they change in color to become the Dark Chaos Emeralds. At this point, they will replenish their HP and begin to radiate an aura of light based on their natural color. If all of the Chaos Emeralds are around after 4 seconds pass, they will all surge with fiery energy of their natural color, that covers an area the size of Jigglypuff and deals 15% with good knockback based on the location that the enemy touched the aura. The surge lasts for .6 seconds and is disjointed. When it ends the Chaos Emeralds remain in their dark state, ready for Mewthree to initiate the attack again. If so much as a single Dark Emerald is defeated, all of the Emeralds will teleport away, and when you go to set up the emeralds again, they will be back to their normal form.

This is a devastating stage controlling move if you can ever pull it off, but it takes time to set-up. It requires a minimum of 9 uses before anything can actually happen that’s of use, and during that time you still have to defend any emeralds you’ve summoned from enemy attacks, not to mention you still want to actually fight your opponent in the meantime.

Forward Aerial [Psychic Toss]
Mewthree will extend one am as a small (the size of a white Pikmin) blue spark of energy appears 1 Bowser’s width in front of Mewthree. In addition to this spacing concern, the spark only lasts for 2 frames and the move has above average end lag as Mewthree goes “Aww shucks!” while snapping his fingers if he misses. On the bright side, the move does have virtually no startup lag, and the spark is a disjointed grab-hitbox.

If Mewthree does connect with the spark, he will float in place and spin his opponent around in the air for 1 second while saying “Isn’t this fun?” After spinning around his victim, he will then sharply point in a direction indicated by the direction you hold the control stick, defaulting to forwards if no direction is given. The enemy is then flung in the direction Mewthree pointed for 12% and above average knockback. There is below average end lag when Mewthree throws an enemy.

Remember that soot that was formed from the enemy’s charcoaled body via the Jab Combo? If Mewthree grabs that soot with this move, the ashes will form into four spherical clumps and circle around Mewthree via telepathy, going straight through his tail to keep close to the main body. There is low end lag to doing this. The ashes will deal 5% with some hitstun if one connects, but they have no priority and will disappear the moment they touch something. The ashes will circle Mewthree until they are destroyed, even coming inside his midair jump bubble if need be. If Mewthree creates another pile of soot and does this move on the new pile, the current ones will break apart as the new ones take their place.

Back Aerial [Temper Tantrum]
Mewthree turns around and opens his jaws wide and begins to inhale deeply. Enemies within an area the size of Bowser in front of Mewthree will begin to be…sucked in towards Mewthree’s mouth at a decent speed. There is low lag to start the inhaling.

However, .5 seconds after Mewtree begins to inhale, he will suddenly lean forwards slightly while screaming “Back airs do not suck!” and his eyes harshly flash for 3 frames with an orange tint to them. When he does this, his head is a hitbox that deals 20% and average knockback. However, the hitbox does not extend even the slightest distance from Mewthree’s head, giving this move a very small area of effect, and the move has high end lag due to Mewthree yelling most of the sentence after the brief hitbox frames already passed. The wind effect at the start is meant to pull in enemies so that they will be struck by the damaging part of the move. To further help Mewthree actually land this thing, he has super armor while he’s inhaling, so if someone ends up in the suction current they had better be good at air dodging. The damaging portion of the move has purely average priority. When Mewthree finishes the attack, he will turn back around to his original direction.

Up Aerial [Inner Demon]
Mewthree lifts his arms as a pillar of black smoke rises upwards from the gem on his forehead and forms into a black ghostly version of Mewthree’s upper half, with the lower half being replaced by a genie-style tail of smoke that is half as long as the real Mewthree’s tail. The Mewthree ghost is still attached via his tail to the real one’s gem when he is fully formed This all happens somewhat quickly, in about .4 seconds, and while the Mewthree ghost is being summoned, it is a disjointed hitbox that deals 11% and average vertical knockback.

Once the ghost is fully formed, it will the open its mouth and out of it will emerge a long “tongue” of red colored smoke that hangs down in front of its face and is as long as Ike’s sword. After it has come out all the way, which takes but a mere .2 seconds, the ghost will swing its tongue upwards as though to lick the air, with the tongue ending at a 70 degree angle upwards. The tongue is a disjointed hitbox while it is being swung, and it deals 10% with average knockback. After licking, the tongue will retract back into the ghost, and the ghost will retract back into Mewthree’s gem, giving the whole move average end lag. When the ghost is using its tongue attack, enemies will pass straight through the ghost.

Down Aerial [Living on the Edge]
Mewthree will cheerfully yell “Whee!” as he lies on his back in midair and begins to fall straight down to the ground. He falls at an above average speed and his main body is a hitbox of good priority that deals 8% and average knockback on a downwards angle. There is low startup lag with average end lag once Mewthree hits the ground.

While Mewthree is falling, you may press the A button for him to perform a quick 180 flip, placing him on his stomach while he continues to descend, holding his arms out as though he’s skydiving. If he hits someone while he flips, they will take 12% and above average knockback, but Mewthree’s body has low priority while flipping. While the flip occurs in .2 seconds, if he hits the ground while flipping, there is above average end lag as Mewthree holds his head in pain and slowly rises back to his basic “standing” position.

If Mewthree has sprouted his back-spikes with his USmash and he goes to perform this move with them out, the back spikes will actually have their own hitbox as Mewthree falls. They will have low priority and deal 10% while catching the enemy and taking them down with Mewthree. When Mewthree hits the ground (or rather, his spikes hit the ground due to their length), he will then quickly retract the spikes as he goes back to his regular idle stance, knocking the caught enemy away for 5% and below average knockback. There is the same amount of end lag as when this move is used without the spikes. If Mewthree performs a flip with the spikes out, they will simply have a low priority hitbox that deals 6% with below average knockback while Mewthree lays on his stomach, and Mewthree flips after he’s caught an enemy with the back version, the enemy will be flung for 5% and below average knockback. The spikes will stay out until the move is completed even if they were supposed to normally go back in from time, and once Mewthree hits the ground the spikes will retract even if they still had time remaining normally.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special [Growth Spurt]
Mewthree’s eyes roll back into their sockets as his skin/fur pales. After 2 seconds, his old skin will shed off his body and a brand new layer of skin will be underneath, and the old layer of skin will fall to the ground and stay there, breaking into dust at the slightest attack. Shedding his skin heals Mewthree for 10%, and he has super armor during the move animation, but it’s entirely possible for enemies to negate all the damage he would recover by attacking him. There is low end lag after Mewthree molts.

Side Special [Snack Time]
Mewthree will open his jaws wide as drool starts to pour out of his mouth, and then he will lunge forwards as far as ¼ of Battlefield at a quick speed. If he catches someone, he will clamp down with his jaws onto their body and wrap his tail around the victim to hold them in place while literally sucks their life-force out of them. He deals damage at the rate of 1% every 1/6 of a second. The opponent is held for 1.2 times as long as they would be for a normal grab, and this move does in fact count as a grab-hitbox. Your opponent can still mash buttons to escape quicker. There is average startup lag to starting the lunge and below average end lag if Mewthree misses. If he catches someone, there is low end lag and Mewthree and the opponent end up slightly further apart than a grab-escape.

When Mewthree has eaten a total of 20% damage from enemies, his eyes will appear tired and his idle animation will have him holding his stomach. The next time you input for this move, Mewthree will rear back his head before opening mouth and spewing a stream of blood-like bile from his mouth. It is as thick as a fully-charge Mario FLUDD and goes as far. It lasts for .6 seconds and deals up 2% for every .1 second you are caught in it, with the final hit dealing average knockback. There is average startup lag to the blood vomit but low end lag, and the blood is disjointed. After performing this move, Mewthree will return to normal and this input will once again be for the lunging bite.

Up Special [Euthanasia Beam]
Mewthree will look straight up as a short pink beam that looks like a shot from Fox’s Blaster fires out from the gem on his forehead. There is low lag on both ends to firing the beam. It travels straight up at a high speed and goes as far as Wolf’s Blaster before disappearing. It is disjointed, and when it hits an enemy…it deals no knockback or hitstun and heals them for 20%. WHAT KIND OF USELESS MOVE IS THIS!

Well you see, you’re not supposed to hit enemies with this move, but rather the Chaos Emeralds that you can summon via your Nair. When the beam hits a Chaos Emerald, it will replenish the emerald’s HP and the magical stone will being to radiate with energy as it absorbs the beam. It will hold the charge until the next time you input for this move, in which case the emerald will fire the beam straight towards the next one in sequence, following the same order as they are summoned in the Nair, and the last one will fire it back to the first when you tell it to fire. When the beam is fired from a Chaos Emerald, it turns blue in color, and now it will in fact damage enemies, for 10% and average knockback. The beam will go through walls and other Chaos Emeralds to get to its target point, and in this attacking state it will not disappear when it hits an enemy. The damaging version of the beam will not heal the Chaos Emeralds. There is low lag on both ends to using this variant of the move. If the Chaos Emerald holding the beam is destroyed, then this input will return to the regular, healing beam. If the next Chaos Emerald in sequence is destroyed while the beam is on its way to it, the beam will continue moving in a straight line until it leaves the stage.

But what if you want to heal more Chaos Emeralds, or you want to place the beam into a different emerald out of sequence? In this case, you should tap the control stick up when you input as though you are performing an USmash. The current beam charge in the Chaos Emeralds will then disappear and Mewthree will perform the initial healing beam. This is a simple function but vital to mastering Mewthree.

Down Special [Corruption of the Heart]

Mewthree will lean forwards, adopting the posture and expression you see in the picture as his eyes begin to glow. After .5 seconds, the glow will intensify for a split-second, and if a character is within one Dedede of Mewthree’s front, they will hold their head in pain as their eyes begin to glow red and an eye like symbol will appear on their forehead. Mewthree has just performed his signature attack and taken control over his enemy’s mind. There is high end lag if Mewthree misses as he sighs and returns to his basic position. The possession effect ignores shields, but enemies can still perform dodges to avoid it. Once Mewthree possesses a foe, he will return to his regular stance.

When Mewthree has an enemy under his control, it is essentially like controlling 2 characters at once. Mewthree moves left, the enemy moves left. Mewthree does his DSmash, the enemy performs his DSmash. If Mewthree starts up a new move while the enemy is still stuck in his previous action, he will ignore the new command. As long as the enemy is under Mewthree’s control, neither character can damage the other, even if friendly fire is on. Any KOs the possessed character makes will count towards Mewthree’s score. For this reason, characters such as Ryuk who have special mechanics involving KOs will not be affected if they score a KO under the control of Mewthree. The enemy will stay controlled for the same amount of time they would be held in a grab. There is low end lag for both characters once the enemy breaks free of the possession.

Besides controlling other players, Mewthree can actually perform this move on the shed skin he leaves behind with his Neutral Special. If he does so, the skin will levitate and strings of psychic energy will connect from Mewthree’s hands to various limbs of the skin as though it were a puppet. With its pale coloration, split-open back held together by a seam if dark energy, empty eye sockets, and toothless mouth, Mewthree’s old skin is not something you want to show to young children. While controlling the shed skin, Mewthree is always facing in one direction, simply moving forwards or backwards with the control stick at an average speed as he manipulates his “puppet”. Mewthree can perform a single jump while controlling his shed skin to take it into the air with him. You may press the A button for Mewthree to jiggle his hands around to make the strings cause the shed skin to “dance” in its own creepy way. This dance motion will last for .7 seconds, and the entire time the skin has a hitbox that deals 8% and average knockback. However, the skin has no priority and will still crumble apart just as easily as it normally does in a single blow. There is low end lag to this dance attack. Mewthree can control the shed skin for as long as he likes until it gets destroyed or you may press B for Methree make a dismissive motion with his hand that disintegrates the shed skin and returns Mewthree to his main controls with low end lag.

GRABS

[Grab Animation]
Mewthree spreads his arms and grins. Aww, I think he wants a hug. The nearest opponent within an area the size of Olimar in front of Mewthree will suddenly grab Mewthree and hold him in a hugging motion while Mewthree has a ^_^ expression on his face. Characters without arms will do some modified thing, like Ivysaur using its vines. The grab is quick to startup but has punishable end lag.

Grab Attack [Lurving]
Mewthree purrs as a heart-shaped burst of energy emits from the gem on his head. This heals both himself and the enemy for 1%. It cannot really be spammed too well.

Forward Throw [Here Kitty]
Mewthree will gently float out of his “friend’s” arms and then he will fly past his enemy while rubbing against them like a cat. While doing this, the fur on his back will stick out and stiffen, becoming like needles that scrape against the enemy’s body and deal 7 hits of 1% with the final hit dealing average knockback. Mewthree ends the throw ahead of his starting position as far as his enemy’s width. He will not stop at the edge of platforms and will simply enter an aerial state if he ends up in midair.

Back Throw [I Don’t Wanna Go]
Mewthree will wrap his tail around his enemy and proceed to perform a spinning back flip, spinning the enemy around with him. Now, this throw actually ties together with your grab-time. When you do this throw your time to hold the enemy still ticks down like normal, and Mewthree will actually keep spinning until it wears off, at which point he will throw the enemy backwards for average knockback. Mewthree completes one spin for every .2 seconds, and each full spin will deal 2% damage. If you plan on using this throw, it’s best to use it the moment you connect with a grab so you can maximize your damage output.

Up Throw [Dog Germs]
While still being held, Mewthree will lick his enemy’s face with a long tongue that is coated in a black saliva. The enemy is so grossed out from Mewthree that they let go of him like a grab-escape and we can see the black saliva on their face drip down and start to cover their entire body. For the next 4 seconds after this throw is performed, the victim of the grab will have the fall speed of a metal character but not the weight.

Down Throw [Look at All the Blood]
Mewthree chuckles and he knocks his enemy to the ground with a shove of psychic energy. Mewthree then proceeds to rake his clawed feet against his helpless enemy, chuckling the entire time. After “gutting” his enemy with his claws, Mewthree then whips the opponent away with his tail. The entire throw deals 10% but low knockback. However, due to weariness from blood loss, the enemy cannot dash for 5 seconds and will have a special idle animation of being in pain to reflect being in this state. Note that a very slight amount of blood is in fact drawn from the enemy’s chest when Mewthree slashes them.

SITUATIONALS

Get-up Attack Front [Friendly Lick]
Mewthree will quickly lick at the air with his tongue before floating back up to this idle pose. If he hits someone, they take 7% with average knockback. Mewthree’s tongue is about as long as a white Pikmin is tall.

Get-up Attack Back [Tail Flick]
Mewthree quickly lashes out his tail behind himself. The non-fluffy part deals 5% and low knockback, but the fluffy end deals 12% and above average vertical knockback. Mewthree will then actually teleport to where the end of his tail was during the attack, so despite its range, he is easily punished should he botch the attack.

Ledge Attack <100% [Super Leap]
Mewthree will quickly hurl himself up and over the edge of the platform, causing him to soar forwards as far as 1/3 of battlefield just above the ground. The entire time his main body is a low priority hitbox that deals 5% and low knockback. The best part about this move is that Mewthree is so close to the ground that he has essentially no lag when the move ends. Mewthree will not stop if he manages to reach the other end of a small platform.

Ledge Attack 100% [My Platform]
Mewthree will stick his tail into the bottom of the platform, and then he will concentrate as his aura intensifies for 1 second. During this time Mewthree’s entire body is a low priority hitbox that will force the enemy into freefall should they be struck. After that second is over, Mewthree will clamber back up to solid ground.

FINAL SMASH - VISITATION​

Mewthree happily proclaims, “Oh, I’ve invited a friend over to play with us!” as a black portal of shadowy energy appears in the center of the screen in the background. It is the size of Giga Bowser. As this happens, Mewthree begins to appear as though he’s having convulsions, and he will suddenly shed his skin like in his neutral special, which will heal him for 10% like normal. His new layer of Skin underneath will be a dark grey with black markings. Mewthree will also immediately sprout his back spikes like in his USmash. This all happens over 5 seconds, and Mewthree is invincible during it due to being the startup animation of a final smash.

Mewthree’s powered up state lasts for 14 seconds, during this time, his back spikes will stay out, allowing him to always use the powered up version of his Dair. His midair shield is restored when Mewthree uses this final smash, and it will not diminish for the entire duration of the move. When Mewthree uses Euthanasia Beam, even the initial shot will damage enemies. All of Mewthree’s non-disjointed moves have enhanced priority, and all moves have increased damage and knockback. Finally, Corruption of the Heart affects THE ENTIRE SCREEN, so if you don’t spot time proper dodges, Mewthree has complete control over your mind. Mewthree still takes damage like normal in this state…wait, what?

Yes, you heard me right. Mewthree takes normal damage like normal, and he is now a bigger target due to his back spikes. So he dies easier than normal, and the final smash lasts only 14 seconds. Pretty bad, huh? Well, remember the portal that formed in the middle of the screen? When you regain control of Mewthree, you can see 2 red glowing eye-like things looking at you through the center of the portal. If Mewthree is KOd during the final smash, you hear a loud roar, and then…

Oh crud! It’s Giratina, the grim reaper of Pokemon!
Challenge me even though you can’t use the pokeball? How utterly absurd!”
Giratina will burst out of the portal as it closes behind him and he glares down at the players. He is even bigger than Giga Bowser thanks to his serpentine body, but thankfully he is in the background. After Giratina appears, he will open his pincers and begin to charge up energy into his mouth. After 5 second pass, he will suddenly turn his head towards the player who KOd Mewthree and fire a massive hyper beam at him! It’s as thick as the laser beam on the Halberd and deals 40% with insane knockback if you are hit, and it instantly breaks shields. It is still possible to dodge it with a well-timed dodge maneuver however. One the hyper beam has been shot, Giratina will roar once again and disappear through a thick cloud of smoke, his eyes glowing through the smoke before fading out. Mewthree does not respawn until Giratina completes his attack, and then Mewthree will respawn while cheerfully saying “Now we’re best buddies!” If Mewthree was never KOd, then he will shed his skin again at the end of the time duration (this does not heal him), and his back spikes will retract as he is once again his normal colors.

STRATEGY GUIDE

Okay, so as you’ve seen, Mewthree has some interesting stats. He’s really light but bigger than he should be thanks to his tail. He has no shortage of damaging moves, but has trouble KOing despite his slightly below average speed. And of course, there’s the fact that some of his moves require good spacing abilities to connect.

Now that the bad has been mostly gotten out of the way, let’s talk about Mewthree’s biggest advantage; his aerial game. And what an advantage this is! Mewthree’s aerial game is incredibly versatile and useful. Dark Emeralds is an amazing move for controlling space, especially when you combine it with Euthanasia Beam to have your own personal laser turrets wherever you’d like on the stage. Psychic Toss is a nice, quick damage racker, though it is punishable should you miss and it requires a certain distance to work. Inner Demon is an interesting move. It’s first part is a quick damage racker that has a lingering hitbox, and the tongue swing is a nice defensive move for spacing. Living on the Edge is a quick move that deals nice damage with the flip. Temper Tantrum is a little more situational than the other aerial attacks, but you could use it when the enemy uses a slow move, allowing you to pull them in for the hit with no chance of them being able to dodge due to being stuck in their attack animation. You could also theoretically use the super armor to allow yourself to be hit during the startup animation so that you then still get a little ahead with the high damage potential of the move. Combine all these nice aerial moves with the best jump and lowest fall speed in the game and you have a character who is scary to meet in the air and is able to remain in his element for long periods of time.

Mewthree’s ground game is unique in that while it is bad as a standalone set of moves, they are designed to provide a supplement to assist in setting up Mewthtree’s aerial game, and in that regard they are worthy options. Quake Screech is a move you’ll want to use liberally, as it either functions as a pop-up if it connects, or the enemy will end up in the air just from jumping over the shockwave. Sweet Dreams provides an obstacle that Mewthree can nimbly move around while it floats. Mewthree’s Jab Combo allows for the shield creating ability of Psychic toss. Mind Reader combos into any of Mewthree’s directional aerials if you can predict your opponent’s DI. Bowser Impersonation and Super Mario time both end with Mewthree already in the air, and Bowser Impersonation is a nice damage racker with good range and it even powers up Living on the Edge on top of that! While none of these moves would be all that useful to a ground-based character, they serve to make an already potent aerial game even more vicious.

Ok, So Mewthree can deal all this damage, but he has hardly any actual KO options! That’s when it’s time to gimp! Once an enemy is far off the stage, Mewthree can chase after them with a dashing first jump, and then use psychic toss to send them the remaining distance to the KO zone, and then use his midair jump to safely float back to the stage. If you think the enemy might air dodge through your Fair, you can use the blood-vomit of Snack Time to last through their air dodge duration, provided you already built up to it with biting function. Or you could start up the attack of the Dark Emeralds, and hit someone into an emerald off stage as it goes off. Or you could use Corruption of the Heart and force them into using their third jump. Or you could catch them close to the stage with Psychic Toss and throw them downwards for an early spike if you’re lucky. Or you can use Dog Germs to make characters fall like a rock so their midair jumps are useless even next to the stage if they lose their footgin. Mewthree has no shortage of ways to screw with an opponent’s recovery. Even though Soul Synergy can’t KO or deal damage, it is another ground move which compliments Mewhree’s aerial game, by allowing him to regenerate his midair jump when its nearly depleted and you are ready to finish off your enemy.

Alas, Mewthree may be able to take out his enemies easily enough through gimps, but he will die somewhat easily himself. Mewthree is absurdly light and he isn’t even an extremely small target. All it takes is a few botched uses of Mewthree’s more punishable moves and you’re gone. Fortunatley, as long as Mewthree isn’t outright KOd, he can just use his midair jump to float back to safety, and he can’t be gimped unless his shield is broken. Of course, when your shield is low, you are gonna have difficulties due to Mewthree’s lack of a recovery move. When your shield is low and you are at KO percents, it would be wise to take advantage of Soul Synergy to recharge your bubble. Additionally, when you send an enemy to the great beyond, it would be wise to try out Mewthree’s 2 healing moves. Growth Spurt could be used if you manage to actually pull off a star KO, and Mewthree’s pummel could be combined with the throw-Nair gimp combo so that only you benefit from the recovery. Finally, it’s important to take advantage of things such as dashing jumps and retreating tongue licks from Inner Demon for defensive options.

And lastly, we get to Dressup. The oddball of the group. Well, this move has a specific purpose. It is Mewthree’s one true KO move, allowing him to KO enemies like Meta Knight who are difficult to gimp effectively. It’s important to think of this move not as a true transformation, but a single attack that temporarily affects Mewthree’s stats while he uses it. In this case, you’ll actually want to use its insane running speed and remain on the ground while you’re under its effect in order to get in range for the big finish. Of course, against most character, you’re better off just sticking to gimping strategies.

Mewthree is a character who requires a mastery of aerial combat and edge guarding to use effectively. His aerials are all useful tools when used properly, and when he get an enemy off the stage, he can follow right behind them and never give them the chance to make it back. His ground game is a nice augmentation to his ground game to complete the package. However, if Mewthree should falter, he will be visiting the great beyond very quickly.

OTHER

KIRBY HAT

Kirby will have a hat on his head that resembles the top half of Mewhtree's head. When Kirby uses Growth Spurt, he will remove his hat and eat to recover damage. A new hat will magically be right underneath the old one when it is removed.

UNIVERSE SYMBOL

An inverted pentagram, usually used as a symbol for Satan. Ironic considering the game is called "Playing God".

SPECIAL ANIMATIONS

Up Taunt: Mewthree makes the face in this picture while flicking his tongue and then he goes back to his basic stance

Side Taunt: Mewthree coils up his tail underneath himself and he spins around in the air for a few moments like a top, giggling the entire time.

Down Taunt: Mewthree rubs his eyes and says "Time to play and hide and seek and destroy!"

Win Animation 1: Mewthree chuckles and then he happily says, "That was so much fun! Let's play again tommorow!"

Win Animation 2: Mewthree grins at the camera and then he cheerfully says, "What great friends I have. Better luck next time. Hahahaha!"

Win Animation 3: Mewthree is facing the losers, and he says, "Aww, did I hurt you? I'm sorry."

Win Animation on a team with Hyper_Ridley: Hyper_Ridley and Mewthree will both laugh in unison, and then Ridley will lay down on his stomach and rest his head on his arms. Mewthree will then float over to HR and curl up on top of the Space Pirate's head and say, "I love you daddy." Ridley will smirk a little and proceed to sleep. Mewthree will continue to stare at the camera while his eyes glow and he has an eery smile on his face...

Lose Animation: Mewthree will growl and stare viciously at the winner, his tail twitching violently.

SNAKE CODEC

Snake: Huh, this is one wierd cat...

Mewthree: That's because I'm in fact an artificial life form, hahaha.

Snake: How can you possibly get onto this channel? You don't even have any technology in you!

Mewthree: That's my little secret, eeheehee. But it so much fun hacking into your systems. I know, let's play! You run away, and I try to rip your heart out!

Snake: What do you think this is, some kind of game?

Mewthree: You mean this isn't?

UNLOCK INFO

How to Unlock: Complete classic mode on Intense with Hyper_Ridley
and Spadefox if he ever gets a move set, lol

Unlock Message: "Mewthree, the artificial life-form, has joined the Brawl! I think he wants to play..."

CLASSIC MODE CLEAR SCREEN

SSE ROLE

What the heck? You actually expected Mewthree to be insulted by placing him into that piece of crud known as the Subspace Emessary? Why don't you just go and read his role in Playing God instead?

SPECIAL THANKS

Special Thanks to Sklavenbrause of Deviantart for making all of those Mewthree drawings you see throughout the move set. =D

That was fun! I can't wait to play with you again! Have a good time at the place you're visiting...father says it's called a "morgue".

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Oh snap...he got an actual moveset. I never commented about 'Playing God' on your blog, but needless to say, it was truly one of the most amazing pieces I've read in some time. I don't believe any SM in the future will ever be able to compete. Incredible.

The moveset itself is excellent as well, the insanity made me laugh a couple times. I was impressed by how every single attack and animation never left character. Everything felt like what I had read about that crazy cat back in 'Playing God.' I am curious as to who did all those drawings, if it wasn't you. He/she did a good job of portraying the twisted child that Mewthree is.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Mewthree is an epic moveset. First of all, I think you mistook hitbox with hurtbox in the Size section. A hitbox is what moves create, a hurtbox is are parts of the character's body that're vulnerable. ^^

All of the attacks are crazy and unique as hell, but never out of character. Children are the best killers - they have no sense for right and wrong. This is what this moveset underlines yet again.

Imagining a few of these moves let some frost run down my spine.

An awesome moveset from you. =)

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Mewthree: I never fully read Playing God, but I really want to now. Seriously, that was awesome. All of the attacks were very unique and they made perfect sense for Mewthree's game. Really creepy, too...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Oh snap...he got an actual moveset. I never commented about 'Playing God' on your blog, but needless to say, it was truly one of the most amazing pieces I've read in some time. I don't believe any SM in the future will ever be able to compete. Incredible.

The moveset itself is excellent as well, the insanity made me laugh a couple times. I was impressed by how every single attack and animation never left character. Everything felt like what I had read about that crazy cat back in 'Playing God.' I am curious as to who did all those drawings, if it wasn't you. He/she did a good job of portraying the twisted child that Mewthree is.
First of all, it's nice to hear more commentary on my SM. Thanks for sticking with it. =D

I'm glad to hear that I kept him consistent with his boss move set in terms of starying in character. That was one of the reasons why I made this move set to begin with, his personality is just so fun to write. =)

Mewthree is an epic moveset. First of all, I think you mistook hitbox with hurtbox in the Size section. A hitbox is what moves create, a hurtbox is are parts of the character's body that're vulnerable. ^^

All of the attacks are crazy and unique as hell, but never out of character. Children are the best killers - they have no sense for right and wrong. This is what this moveset underlines yet again.

Imagining a few of these moves let some frost run down my spine.

An awesome moveset from you. =)
Yeah, I meant hurtbox, lol.

Mewthree's personality is one of the reasons why I made him the final boss of Playing God. So it's only natural that I try to retain his personality in his move set. I had a lot more fun writing this guy than Dark Gaia, partially due to having a fun personality to work with, and also because I was coming up with much more creatve moves for my little fuzzball of doom. =D

If Mewthree made you shiver, than I guess he did his job. xD

Thanks for reading. I guess I can say that your loyalty to PLaying God hasn't wavered one bit. <3

Mewthree: I never fully read Playing God, but I really want to now. Seriously, that was awesome. All of the attacks were very unique and they made perfect sense for Mewthree's game. Really creepy, too...
Then read it, man. There's a link right in the move set! xD

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Comments on Mewthree

I can't decide if this thing is cute, cool, or just plain creepy. Lol. Anyway, considering that a long time ago, I had considered making a moveset for the hypothetical "Mewthree," (although mine was going to be based solely on a single crappy dA picture) I was quite excited to see this moveset. The content was absolutely beautiful. Mewthree is a sick, twisted child, and his child-like demeanor coupled with his demonic tendencies really make him an interesting character. The moves were all very fitting to what you made the character out to be, with a lot of interesting ones. In particular, I loved the D-Spec and the combination of the N-Air and U-Spec. Awesome stuff here. On a final note, that Classic Clear Screen is giving me the creeps. Poor Mew never stood a chance... :(

Baloo

Smash Ace
:bee:

Greeeaaat. He's... creepy, but awesome. The moves were very fitting and unique. The Down B is great. I am a bad moveset commenter.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Mewthree is quite detailed and one of your best so far. I probably prefer Bass & Treble a little more, but this is a fine piece of work. As I said before, the detail is excellent, and the set is easy to read. I like the use of original moves combined with existing concepts. The second jump I can see someone having fun with, but there are a few moves, like the pummel and the up throw, that just don't seem that useful for me.
That aside, it's still one of the best in the contest.

Check below for an awesome moveset.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
H e a t _ M a n

"Wait a minute... I'll get ignited!"

A joint moveset by SirKibble and Plorf

B a s i c _ I n f o

B a c k s t o r y

Heat Man is a Robot Master from Mega Man 2. He was built as an upgrade to Fire Man, using parts scavenged from Fire Man's defeat (one game earlier). Heat Man's body can ignite to temperatures of up to 12,000 degrees celsius, hotter than the center of the Earth. His Data CD from Mega Man & Bass states that he loves barbecue, and has a firm dislike of ice cream. The good point of his personality is said to be "living," with the bad part being that he may often seem "burned out."

S t a t i s t i c s

Size
Heat Man's not too tall. Including his lid, he's about as tall as Luigi. He's a bit wider, though.

Power
Heat Man is a damage-dealing machine, but he has relatively few reliable KO moves.

Weight
Heat Man is neither a heavyweight nor a lightweight, clocking in at a little above average.

Ground Speed
Heat Man doesn't move around very quickly. He's not a slug, but he moves more slowly than most characters, walking leisurely somewhat like Kirby does.

Air Speed
Heat Man has trouble moving left and right in the air. He's not totally awful, but he's noticably inferior to most characters in this category.

Traction
Heat Man's traction is fairly average, but he's a little less clumsy than the average fighter due to being a programmed robot.

Attack Speed
Heat Man has his fast attacks and his slow ones, generally balancing out to be a pretty average-speeded fighter.

Range
Heat Man has a lot of moves with good range, often in the form of projectiles. Even his non-projectile moves are often good in this category.

Priority
A lot of disjointed hitboxes and projectiles give Heat Man priority that many fighters envy.

Jumps
Heat Man has two jumps. His ground jump is quite good, getting him very high, but his mid-air jump is pathetic, barely giving him any distance. Despite his high ground jump, he has a very low short hop.

Falling Speed
Heat Man falls more quickly than the average character, but not to the extent that he rivals character's like Fox.

Recovery
Heat Man's doesn't have a very good mid-air jump, but his Up Special does the recovery job very well.

Crouch
Heat Man's lid closes and he ducks down as well, putting his hands to the ground, earning him a rather average crouch overall.

M o v e s e t

S t a n d a r d _ A t t a c k s

Neutral Attack Combustion
Heat Man spreads his arms, looking like his picture above. As he does so, flames surround him over a decent area. The flames deal 4 - 5% damage and weak knockback to anyone who touches them, but have pretty good priority. Heat Man can hold this attack as long as he wants, but the flames will weaken and reach a shorter distance as he holds it, eventually shrinking to a worthless flicker. There is some lag as the flames appear and disappear, but they will still damage during this time. As a bonus, you can use Heat Man's Up Special straight from this move to avoid the ending lag and decrease the startup lag of the Up Special!

Forward Tilt Blaze Missile
Heat Man holds one hand forward, and an oblong missile/torpedo-shaped burst of flames shoots forward. As far as size goes, it's about as big as Mario, but turned sideways. It travels about as far as Wolf's blaster shot, moving about half that speed. If the missile hits anyone, it deals 6% damage and moderate knockback. Upon hitting anyone or anything, it explodes, in a quick fiery burst that covers about half the area covered by a Smart Bomb's explosion. The explosion deals constant damage, but no knockback or hitstun, like the first part of Olimar's Final Smash. The total for the explosion can reach about 12% damage before the explosion disappears, one second after first appearing. This move comes out rather quickly, but Heat Man suffers a surprisingly long downtime after firing the missile.

Up Tilt The Crisper
Heat Man leans back, as flames burst up around him. These are similar to those in his Neutral Attack, but reach a little higher, and extend more forward than behind him. These flames only last for a moment before Heat Man retracts them, but if they contact an opponent, they will be lit on fire! They'll remain on fire for the next 5 seconds, and while on fire, will constantly run (they can tap the control stick to change direction), and will constantly take damage, 2% per second. This move has moderate startup and ending lag. The ending lag is somewhat protected, though, as the disappearing flames give off a last bit of heat that pushes outward. The push isn't strong, but it just may save Heat Man from a punishing attack.

Down Tilt Hot Feet
Heat Man's feet catch fire, and for the next five seconds, everything he steps on will light on fire! He can use this to spread flames all over the stage, but those flames will only linger for two seconds before flickering out. These flames deal weak multi-hit damage, potentially reaching 6% over the whole two seconds, but can easily be escaped from. If Heat Man footstools an opponent while his feet are aflame, they'll catch on fire! This has the same effect on opponents as catching fire by means of the Up Tilt. It takes Heat Man a fair amount of time to light his feet, but he suffers very little lag afterward.

Dash Attack Inferno Burst
Heat Man closes his lid tightly, but keeps running at normal speed until the button is released. If he passes an edge, this attack will automatically cancel. When the button is released, Heat Man opens his lid, practically exploding with heat energy. Heat Man builds up energy while running, affecting the damage, knockback, and range of the explosion. At weakest charge, it reaches only as far as a Bob-omb's explosion, dealing 5% damage and okay knockback. At full charge (which takes almost 3 seconds to acheive), the explosion is as big as a Blast Box's, dealing 20% damage and pretty good knockback. If Heat Man continues past full charge, however, he will explode internally, damaging himself for 15% damage and pretty good knockback. To indicate charge, Heat Man's chest light will flash faster and faster, turning bright red and beeping just before he explodes on himself. The beginning of this Dash Attack has very little lag, and the lag before the explosion is moderate, but there's a lot of lag afterward.
NOTE: A single note begins playing as Heat Man starts charging. It's a low note, and grows higher as he charges, culminating at the final *beep* just before he bursts.

S m a s h _ A t t a c k s

Forward Smash Atomic Fire
Heat Man charges this Smash Attack by holding one hand behind him, as if ready to throw something. Unlike other Smash Attacks, Heat Man is free to move as normal while charging this Smash Attack, and can even hold the charge once he reaches full charge! When released, he throws a fireball forward at a pretty good speed, about that of a normal Smash-thrown item (although it's not affected by gravity). The size of the fireball and the damage it deals are determined by the charge given to it. At weakest, it's about the size of Lucario's uncharged Aura Sphere, and deals only 3% damage with terrible knockback. At fullest charge, it's about the size of Kirby, and deals 12%, with a little better knockback. This attack is mainly a versatile, high-speed projectile, but its damage-dealing capabilities are small, and it has nearly no KO potential. Startup lag for the charge is virtually nonexistent, with little lag before and above average lag after the throw.
NOTE: As it charges, this attack emits a series of pitches that consistently get higher and higher until the charge's release, just like in MM2. Heat Man also flashes brightly while charging this move.

Up Smash Hothead
Heat Man closes his lid to charge this move. When released, he flips the lid backward, dealing knockback similar to the catapult on the Pirate Ship stage, backward and upward, but with no hitstun or damage. The range for this isn't very good, but the knockback is rewarding. In addition, when the lid opens, Heat Man's head is on fire! The fire reaches up a short distance, but remains for the next 3 - 5 seconds (depending on charge), and will deal constant damage (about 6% per second), but no knockback or hitstun to opponents who get caught in it. This essentially makes opponents who touch Heat Man take damage while they're touching him. Heat Man is free to use other attacks while his head is on fire. There's little startup lag, and virtually no lag between him flipping the lid up and becoming mobile. However, when the fire goes out, Heat Man suffers some ending lag, briefly looking a little burned out and disappointed.

Down Smash Twin Flare
Heat Man charges this move with his arms crossed in front of him, then spreads them to either side and releases two balls of fire. They start out very small, but eventually grow to about the size of Samus' Charge Shot, albeit a little longer because of their flaming tail. They travel in a curve upward, such that the two of them form two halves of a parabola with Heat Man at the origin (Argh! Math!). As the fireballs get bigger, they actually begin to deal less knockback! The small fireballs deal quite a bit of knockback, while at largest, the fireballs deal pretty pathetic knockback. Either way, they deal 20% damage. The fireballs move quite slowly, but charging them up will make them move a little faster. If used correctly, this is more of an anti-air attack than a traditional Down Smash. Startup and ending lag times are considerably long for this move, so use it carefully.

A e r i a l _ A t t a c k s

Neutral Aerial Ignite
Heat Man surrounds himself in flames. They don't reach very far away from his body, pretty must only turning his body into a hitbox, but can be held as long as desired. While on fire, he can still do all actions that are possible to perform without the attack button, including moving around and mid-air jumping. The initial burst of flames deals 8% damage and weak knockback to anyone close enough, and afterward, the flames will only deal 2% damage and flinching knockback to anyone who touches them. This attack ends when the button is released or Heat Man hits the ground. The flames come out quickly, but have some ending lag as they retract and Heat Man looks disappointed at their disappearance.

Forward Aerial Flame Rush
Heat Man's body is engulfed in flames, and he leans forward. He moves a short distance forward (about the width of one Stage Builder block) while performing this move, but not too much. However, if he strikes the ground while in this state, he'll bounce off of it, moving forward at high speed over a low trajectory. He bounces forward about as far as Wolf's Side Special goes, then strikes the ground a second time and ends the move. He remains on fire in the air for one second, after which the flames will retract and he'll revert to normal again. During the normal aerial, he'll deal 7% damage with weak knockback to anyone who touches the flames. Moving at higher speed during the bounce, that boosts up to 8% with okay knockback. The startup lag for this move is moderate, as are the ending lags for either the normal ending or the bounce. However, you can cancel out of the bounce halfway by tapping the opposite direction on the control stick or pressing the Attack button again, making Heat Man lose most of his forward momentum and expelling his flames instantly. This can save you from pointless suicide bounces over edges, but it also has significantly more lag than either of the other endings to this move.

Backward Aerial Afterburner
Heat Man extends his arms and legs backward, as flames spit out behind him, shooting him forward. As the move starts, an explosion at his back triggers the flames, dealing 8% and strong backward knockback. It only lasts for a moment, covering an area similar to a Bob-omb's explosion, though the explosion looks like it affects a significantly larger area. He goes directly horizontal, at a similar speed and for a similar distance as his Forward Aerial if he strikes the ground. During this time, he becomes a hitbox that deals no damage, but decent knockback. The flames spitting out behind him grow longer as he moves forward, essentially always ending at the spot where he used the move from, and deal 4% damage and minimal knockback to those who touch them. As he reaches his destination, the flames quickly suck back into Heat Man, and as they do, they deal knockback directly toward Heat Man, who will still deal damage due to being so overheated. There is quite a bit of startup and ending lag to this move, and it puts Heat Man in a Helpless state.

Up Aerial Magma Blast
Heat Man swings his arm upward and throws a glob of magma straight up. It acts like a normal item would if thrown upward, and is about the size of an apple from Green Greens. The glob will continue on a normal trajectory for as long as the button is held, going up and then falling back down. Anyone it touches will take 6% damage and weak knockback, and if it hits someone, it will disappear. When the button is released, however, the glob explodes, splitting into eight tiny globs that shoot off in the eight standard cardinal and diagonal directions. These smaller globs travel for about the length of a Battlefield platform, then disappear, doing 4% damage and weak knockback to anyone they hit. If the glob hasn't been released by the time it strikes the ground, it will explode there automatically. This move has slightly above average startup lag, and average ending lag. The only move you can do out of this one without releasing the explosion is Heat Man's Down Special, which you can use to absorb the glob of magma instead.

Down Aerial Magma Rain
Heat Man drops a glob of magma about the size of an apple from Green Greens. It falls to the ground like a normal item would if dropped, dealing 6% damage and weak knockback to anyone it hits along the way. If it hits someone before hitting the ground, it'll disappear as it hits them. If it strikes the ground, it splashes a bit and forms a pool of magma a little wider than it was. The lava remains for five seconds, acting like the lava on stages like Norfair, although weaker, dealing only 10% damage and decent knockback to those who touch it. The dropping of the glob has above average startup and average ending lag.

T h r o w s

Grab Normal
Heat Man has a very normal Grab, with average range and average speed. He uses both hands to reach forward and grab.

Pummel Sear
Heat Man's Pummel functions differently than most characters in that it functions constantly as long as the Grab button is held, without it having to be repeatedly pressed like other characters. As long as the button is pressed, Heat Man will surround himself in flames, dealing constant damage to his victim, about 5% per second. He can start the Pummel pretty quickly, with little lag, but there is significant lag as he ends it, and you have to end the Pummel in order to use a Throw. What that means is that if you choose to Pummel your victim, you'll most likely have a hard time following up with a Throw unless they're at more extreme percentages.

Forward Throw Flamethrower
Heat Man fires a burst of flames forward into his victim's face, dealing multi-hit damage. The fire reaches about two Stage Builder blocks' length forward, from the ground to about half of Heat Man's height. The damage is greatest close to Heat Man, where the grabbed opponent is, where they'll take up to 10% damage. Other players can also be hit by the flames further out, however, where they'll take multi-hit that adds up to smaller amounts. The flames will die out quickly, but a few embers remain floating around the area where the flames had been, and will deal 1% damage and flinching knockback to those who touch them. They'll remain for about 3 seconds before fading away.

Backward Throw Char
Heat Man leans backward with his victim, and once they're all the way over his head, they're shot toward the ground by an intense burst of heat, something similar-looking to Ganondorf's Flame Choke. This deals 5% damage and forces them to the ground, where they'll automatically stand up without performing a Get-Up Attack. At this point, they will find themselves covered in black soot. The soot must be shaken off by an attack before another attack can be used. The attack the opponent uses will determine the time it takes to shake the soot off (for example, if Mario uses his Forward Aerial while the soot is covering him, he will not use the attack, but will shake off the soot instead, with it taking as long as his attack would have). Wherever the soot is shaken off, there remains on the ground for the next few seconds a pile of ashes. The ashes will incude tripping on anyone who steps over them. This is a slow throw, but well worth it in many situations.

Up Throw Spitfire
Heat Man tosses his victim over his head, with decent knockback, then leans back and spits twenty small embers upward in rapid succession, each one dealing 1% damage. The enemy is free to move after being thrown, but Heat Man is also able to angle each ember up to 45 degrees to either side. This attack has a pretty long startup time, but the ending lag is minimal, allowing you control over Heat Man as soon as he finishes spitting the embers.

Down Throw Fever
Heat Man leans in close to his victim, radiating heat. He then releases them, and doesn't do any damage. At this point, his opponent is feeling a little under the weather, and will have their weight, as well as the damage and knockback of all their attacks, reduced to 90% of their normal values. This stays in effect for the next 10 seconds. Using this throw again will renew the effect, but won't compound it.

S i t u a t i o n a l s

Ledge Attack (Under 100%) Pyro Push
Heat Man shoots a sort of flamethrower up onto the stage, it reaching about two Stage Builder blocks' length forward. This attack deals set knockback, knocking opponents back about one-third the length of Final Destination and dealing 7% damage. Heat Man stops the flamethrower soon after using it, then begins to climb up. Embers remain floating around the area the flamethrower affected, giving flinching knockback and half a percent of damage each, essentially just protecting Heat Man as he climbs back up.

Ledge Attack (100% +) Arson Arc
Heat Man launches a small fireball into the air high over the ledge (about the height of Fox's first jump). As it flies, he climbs up. During Heat Man's climb, pressing the Attack button again will detonate the flame instantly, resulting in a small firework-like explosion. If this isn't done, the flame won't deal any damage or knockback. The firework is about the size of Bowser and deals 6% damage and decent knockback as it explodes. As a bonus, if you don't explode it, Heat Man gets up just in time to use his Down Special to absorb the flame, making this a potential healing move, though a difficult one to set up sometimes.

Get-Up Attack (From Front) Stage Singe
Heat Man heats himself up to an intense heat, heating up the floor where he lays (about the width of Snake when he's crouching) before getting up. For the next five seconds, that area of the floor will deal constant damage, about 2% per second, to anyone who touches it. As Heat Man stands up, his body is a hitbox, being so hot. He deals weak knockback and 5% damage to anyone he touches while standing up, after which his body cools to a normal temperature.

Get-Up Attack (From Back) Contained Conflagration
Heat Man glows with an intense energy, then an explosion rockets him into the air. The explosion covers only a small area, dealing 12% damage and good knockback, and Heat Man deals weak knockback to anyone he hits while going up. He goes about has high as he does with his ground jump, dealing weak knockback (like a character does when they slam into another after taking a powerful hit), ending this attack in the air. The explosion also shoots out a sort of "shockwave" of flames to either side, travelling out similarly to the shockwave from Kirby's Final Cutter, dealing 5% damage with weak knockback. There's significant lag on both ends of this move.

Tripped Attack Tinder Tornado
Heat Man spins around as he gets to his feet. Normally, this isn't a very good attack, having only a slight push effect over a crappy range. Black ash-like particles (barely noticable) swirl around Heat Man as he spins, and if any fire is within that range (including on Heat Man), this attack gains a lot of power. The range increases by a bit, and the attack suddenly deals 10% damage with good knockback away from Heat Man.

S p e c i a l _ A t t a c k s

Neutral Special Flaming Pillars
This attack is a manual-release chargable move. Heat Man can slowly walk while charging it, but cannot jump. Heat Man throws out three small fireballs in front of him, that travel in an arc, reaching a about as high as the highest Battlefield platform. They're about the size of Mario or Luigi's fireballs. They are affected by gravity like Mario's fireballs. When they strike the ground, they'll burst into pillars of flame like those of Ness' PK Fire. Charging affects the range of the fireballs. The following distance approximations assume that the entire ground being played on is flat. The nearest fireball will always land directly in front of Heat Man. The furthest, at full charge, will reach as far as Zelda's Din's Fire can reach. At shortest range, the three pillars will all be right next to each other. The middle pillar will always travel half the distance of the furthest one. The fireballs deal 5% damage and flinching knockback to anyone they hit, and will not disappear upon striking an opponent. The pillars they create appear only briefly, but deal 12% damage and pretty good upward knockback. This move is pretty quick to come out, but has moderate ending lag.

Side Special Atomic Fire
Heat Man throws a fireball forward like in his Neutral Special, only this time he only throws one. The fireball has the same damaging properties as the ones in the Neutral Special. It travels in a similar arc, but only to a height a little over that of the lower Battlefield platforms, landing about one-fourth Final Destination's length away, bursting into a pillar about the size of Ness' PK Fire pillar. As this pillar vanishes, another one bursts up right in front of where the first had been. This continues until the pillars have traveled roughly the distance of one Battlefield platform, or until they are stopped by a ledge or a wall. Opponents hit by the flames receive 10% damage and weak upward knockback. If they are above the flames as the pillar shoots up, they'll be thrust further into the air, like with Mr. Game & Watch's Up Aerial. The flames also have a slight suction effect to either side as each pillar appears. A small fireball travels ahead of the pillars, preceding the one about to erupt, which deals damage like the other fireballs, essentially setting up a hit by the coming pillar. Startup lag and ending lag are both moderate.

Up Special Firestream
Heat Man pauses and bursts into flame. He has superarmor during this moderate startup lag, and then becomes a thin stream of flame that he can aim as it flies. It travels about as fast as Wario's Bike at full speed. Heat Man can only control the initial direction the stream travels in. As long as you hold the button down, Heat Man will continue to travel, stopping automatically once he travels for a distance equal to the length of Final Destination. However, you can cancel out early by releasing the button early. When the move ends, Heat Man reforms wherever the stream is with fairly long ending lag. The stream of fire deals 5% damage and weak knockback, but has high priority. If used from the ground, the stream can only travel horizontally along the ground. Note that even in the form of a stream of flames, Heat Man can be grabbed out of this move if you time the grab right, reforming instantly if he is.

Down Special Scorch Guard
Heat Man closes his lid and strikes a defensive pose. As he does so, a heat wave from a small radius around his body closes in on his body, dealing 5% damage and weak knockback to anyone it hits. Once the heat wave touches his body, Heat Man glows a vibrant red color. He can hold this as long as he likes, and while in this state, he'll be healed by any fire/explosion attacks that hit him, for double the damage he would've taken from them! When he releases this move, the heat wave is expelled from his body, over the same radius. Releasing the button early can expel the heat wave even before it reaches Heat Man's body, so you can score two quick hits. However, the waves are somewhat slow to reach Heat Man's body, making the defensive/absorbtion attribute a little harder to use.

F i n a l _ S m a s h

Final Smash Heat Wave
Heat Man spreads his arms and the entire playing field takes on a shimmery mirage-like appearance. In this intense heat, Heat Man's opponents' stats suffer, and they become weaker, easier to knock around, and slower, dropping by about 40% of what they normally are. Conversely, Heat Man's stats do the opposite, with him becoming stronger, faster, and more resistant to knockback, by the same amount. Heat Man also deals constant damage (about 5% per second) to anyone he touches during this Final Smash. In addition, all of Heat Man's attacks that light things on fire will light them for twice as long. This Final Smash stays in effect for 15 seconds, after which the match returns to normal.

E x t r a s

T a u n t s _ & _ V i c t o r y _ P o s e s

Up Taunt
Heat Man starts laughing. Before long, his lid falls, covering his head with a clank. He lifts it up, obviously annoyed.

Side Taunt
Heat Man's lid closes, and he then shakes a little as a muffled boom is heard. When he opens the lid, his face is blackened for a moment, and he has a mischievous look on his face.

Down Taunt
Three fireballs appear in Heat Man's hands (two in one of the hands), and he juggles with them for a second before they vanish into thin air.

Up Victory Pose
Heat Man doesn't appear on the screen, then suddenly runs by, on fire, waving his arms above his head.

Side Victory Pose
Heat Man can be seen grilling something, for a barbeque. On closer inspection, whatever he's grilling is too black to recognize. Maybe he likes it that way...

Down Victory Pose
Heat Man is seen going crazy, spraying and throwing fire everywhere. He lights much of the surrounding area on fire, then, with a fireball in hand, turns toward the screen, throwing a fireball torward it. As the fire disperses from the hit, flames can still be seen licking the sides of the screen!

Special Victory Pose (vs. Wood Man)
Heat Man is standing in the victory area, and in an act of bad sportsmanship, can be seen hurling fireballs in Wood Man's general direction. They don't reach Wood Man, though.

Loss Pose
Heat Man, in the background, looks very annoyed, and is practically billowing smoke in his frustration at losing.

Special Loss Pose (vs. Bubble Man)
Heat Man stands in the background, soaking wet. He repeatedly clenches his fists and steams up, as if he's trying to light himself on fire but can't due to the water drenching his body.

Victory Theme
From approximately 0:20 to the 0:26 of Heat Man's stage music.

P l a y s t y l e
Heat Man's playstyle revolves around using his great range and priority to rack up damage on opponents. He struggles to score KOs at lower percentages, so giving your opponents a lot of damage before trying to score a KO is advisable. Additionally, Heat Man lacks the mobility of other characters, leading to a reliance on more defensive- and trap-type moves, such as the D-Spec for healing (if you can pull it off, on yourself), and the D-Tilt and U-Smash (and to a lesser extend, the Neutral Attack, U-Tilt, and the N-Air), which make him threatening to approach.

Heat Man's projectiles should be used to keep opponents at bay as best you can. The F-Smash is a good long-range projectile, if you're not close enough for anything else, and you can move around while charging it to keep yourself from being quickly approached and punished. The N-Spec and S-Spec are useful against opponents who are pushing an approach, due to the sometimes unpredictable areas that they hit. The F-Tilt can be used as kind of a last resort as enemies close in, and the U- and D-Air attacks make nice projectiles during aerial combat. (The D-Air can also serve as a trap-type move).

For mobility, Heat Man can rely on his F- and B-Air attacks to move him while attacking, since his Dash Attack is more of a KO move, being difficult to pull off at times. While his U-Spec should be used primarily for recovery, it also can serve as a mobility method, since it has the potential to travel quite a respectable distance.

When it comes to scoring KOs, Heat Man is forced to rely on some attacks that are somewhat unreliable. The B-Air's tiny explosion can KO, as can the difficult-to-aim D-Smash or a well-timed Dash Attack. In addition, the Get-Up Attack from Heat Man's back can be used to score KOs, but, being a Situational, it shouldn't be counted on too hard.

In short, it's best to try to stand your ground and use your range to keep opponents away with Heat Man, at least until you've given them enough damage to try to score a KO. If they get in close, you still have a few defensive options, but Heat Man's lack of offensive power will likely turn the battle in your opponent's favor.

A l t e r n a t e _ C o l o r s

S t a g e

Brick Furnace

Heat Man's stage comes straight from his level in Mega Man 2. The white pipe running along the ground is solid ground, and the yellow lines are floating platforms, which are solid, not pass-through. This makes tether recoveries more feasible on this stage, since the flowing lava is likely to hit character who try to hang from the right edge of the main platform. The small brick blocks (which are about the size of a Stage Builder block) aren't always there. Every 30 seconds, they will start a cycle of appearing and disappearing, which lasts for about 30 seconds, with them appearing and disappearing on three second intervals. When not in this cycle, they aren't there at all. The areas over the open spots in the pipe can be broken by repeated hits, exposing the lava. As a sort of Easter Egg, Tellies (the floating capsule-like enemies from the stage) will sometimes emerge from the holes in the background, but they'll remain in the background, floating around and having no effect on the match. Also, when items are turned on, the pizza food item is more likely to appear on this stage (Get it? Brick Oven Pizza?)

Music
Heat Man's Theme
Heat Man's Theme (Techno Remix)
Heat Man's Theme (Power Fighters Remix)
Fire Man's Theme
Fire Man's Theme (Powered Up Remix)
Flame Man's Theme
Flame Man's Theme (Techno Remix)
Sword Man's Theme
Burner Man's Theme
Magma Man's Theme

O t h e r _ E x t r a s

Symbol

Entrance
A blazing comet-like fireball comes crashing down to the stage. As it explodes, smoke covers the surrounding area, and Heat Man emerges from it.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains a metallic box like Heat Man's, complete with the little green light, and access to Heat Man's Forward Smash, which functions the same way.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
That... was... awesome. I always love seeing more of these robot master sets, and this was no exception. You drew out unique, clever attacks that were simple and coherent to Heat Man's game. By the way, I love the idea of a constant pummel. That's just so simple but so clever.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Another good moveset! Yay! The pummel is great, as Wizzerd said. Hey, the whole moveset is great! Yeah, good moveset.

****, I suck at moveset commentary.

Also, concerning a set I'm doing, an OC in the first person, is the idea of the characters saying what the attack is in the description bad? I'll bold and change the color of the name, but it will be in the description instead of above. Like this:

For my jab, I kinda... slap. It's kinda embarrassing. It has a few special properties, but I forget them. I'll tell you later.

Obviously that's not the real jab. :p

Agi

Smash Lord
Another good moveset! Yay! The pummel is great, as Wizzerd said. Hey, the whole moveset is great! Yeah, good moveset.

****, I suck at moveset commentary.
>>Review on... GUTS Heat Man

Crapcrapcrapdeletedreviewcrapcrap

Expect a briefer version than the first one, due to my own stupidity. *borrows Warlord's format*

Originality: We have the standard Kibble originality in this set! Each and every move was a joy to read, having nice characteristics beyond the attacking phase of the move. In particular I liked the stage-effecting moves, and the fact that you had a pummel that deals constant damage. This basic concept is really underused, and it's nice to see. Of particular note are the creativity of the Tilts, especially the DTilt. Setting the stage on fire is a great idea; I particularly love moves that create a stage effect.

Detail: The detail level is fine, providing enough to understand the move thoroughly without providing too many extra uses. A nice balance, augmenting the creative parts of each move. The one thing I'd look at here is varying effects on Smashes according to charge, in particular the DSmash. Does C-Sticking the move still give you the 20%?

Balance: While for the most part Heat Man seems balanced, each of the moves having enough drawbacks to make them suitable for use, two moves in particular stand out to me, the first one being the UAir. The range/breath this thing covers is incredible. However, this is offset by the low damage and knockback, so it's not my main concern. The Up Special, on the other hand... now THAT's a recovery move. The length of Final Destination? Seriously? Couple that with the high priority, essentially making him an invincible torpedo shooting towards the stage, and we have a problem on our hands. Lower the length recovered to at maximum Battlefield's length (which is about what its parental move, the Fire Fox recovers) and we have a more reasonable recovery. The one other thing that might balance this move is the start-up lag, which is where your lack of numbers hurts you the most. When you say "moderate" start-up lag, I have no idea how far Heat Man will fall when using the move.

Playstyle: So... all-in-all, Heat Man seems like your typical damage racker. His many trapping moves as well as his mobile FSmash give you plenty of opportunities to get your opponents to the high 80's Heat Man's going to be looking at. The USmash seems like Heat Man's best KO ability, but this is weakened by only dealing the big knockback down towards Heat Man, which is where the opponent's going to be hanging around, anyway. Various traps/stage effects give Heat Man some breathing room, and some long-range attacks let him continue to deal damage no matter where the opponent is. I'd be sure to at least second this guy if he was in Brawl.

Organization: The organization here is beautiful. The headers look like flames leaping off of the moveset, with the little dots... COAL? Is that COAL? Genious. Anyways, the Standards-first thing is becoming more and more archaic. I'm a bit surprised to see you, Spade, and H_R still using it, frankly... although, it doesn't really matter to me. What you have works well, and there's no real reason to change it.

Extras: This section is only here due to copying Warlord's review format... personally, I think what you have works fine. The Extras serve for what they're supposed to, revealing more about Heat Man's personality. The Recolors are top-notch, though. :bee:

...wait. Individual loss/victory poses for Robot Masters?! ...I'm editing some into Airman and Bubble Man ASAP.

Overall: A pretty strong entry! Good to see you finally finish a set of your own, Plorf, and I'll be looking forward to your individual endeavors. Seeing what Kibble has done with this joint set just makes me wonder how Wood Man is going to turn out. /publicserviceannouncement

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Eeeexcellent.

Expect a briefer version than the first one, due to my own stupidity. *borrows Warlord's format*
It happens to the best of us. :p

Originality: We have the standard Kibble originality in this set! Each and every move was a joy to read, having nice characteristics beyond the attacking phase of the move. In particular I liked the stage-effecting moves, and the fact that you had a pummel that deals constant damage. This basic concept is really underused, and it's nice to see. Of particular note are the creativity of the Tilts, especially the DTilt. Setting the stage on fire is a great idea; I particularly love moves that create a stage effect.
Thank goodness. I've been feeling as if my skills are waning a little overall. Glad to hear I still got it in this category!

Detail: The detail level is fine, providing enough to understand the move thoroughly without providing too many extra uses. A nice balance, augmenting the creative parts of each move. The one thing I'd look at here is varying effects on Smashes according to charge, in particular the USmash. Does C-Sticking the move still give you the 20%?
Hmm. Sounds like we did all right here. But, um... What exactly do you mean about the U-Smash. I thought we specified that charging it affected the time Heat Man stayed lit... :ohwell:

Balance: While for the most part Heat Man seems balanced, each of the moves having enough drawbacks to make them suitable for use, two moves in particular stand out to me, the first one being the UAir. The range/breath this thing covers is incredible. However, this is offset by the low damage and knockback, so it's not my main concern. The Up Special, on the other hand... now THAT's a recovery move. The length of Final Destination? Seriously? Couple that with the high priority, essentially making him an invincible torpedo shooting towards the stage, and we have a problem on our hands. Lower the length recovered to at maximum Battlefield's length (which is about what its parental move, the Fire Fox recovers) and we have a more reasonable recovery. The one other thing that might balance this move is the start-up lag, which is where your lack of numbers hurts you the most. When you say "moderate" start-up lag, I have no idea how far Heat Man will fall when using the move.
Yeah, I guess that recovery was a little far, huh... As far as lag goes, yeah, I guess I'm just hesitant to use number considering that I never actually get to play Brawl, so general comparisons seem safer.

Playstyle: So... all-in-all, Heat Man seems like your typical damage racker. His many trapping moves as well as his mobile FSmash give you plenty of opportunities to get your opponents to the high 80's Heat Man's going to be looking at. The USmash seems like Heat Man's best KO ability, but this is weakened by only dealing the big knockback down towards Heat Man, which is where the opponent's going to be hanging around, anyway. Various traps/stage effects give Heat Man some breathing room, and some long-range attacks let him continue to deal damage no matter where the opponent is. I'd be sure to at least second this guy if he was in Brawl.
:)

Organization: The organization here is beautiful. The headers look like flames leaping off of the moveset, with the little dots... COAL? Is that COAL? Genious. Anyways, the Standards-first thing is becoming more and more archaic. I'm a bit surprised to see you, Spade, and H_R still using it, frankly... although, it doesn't really matter to me. What you have works well, and there's no real reason to change it.
The little dots are actually meant to be reminiscent of the green light on his chest, lol. Specials first has always felt strange to me, honestly, unless they're critical to the playstyle, which Heat Man's are not.

Extras: This section is only here due to copying Warlord's review format... personally, I think what you have works fine. The Extras serve for what they're supposed to, revealing more about Heat Man's personality. The Recolors are top-notch, though. :bee:

...wait. Individual loss/victory poses for Robot Masters?! ...I'm editing some into Airman and Bubble Man ASAP.
We only included them for the Robot Masters that he was weak and strong against, so... Yeah.
Which would make it really awesome if every RM was made...

Overall: A pretty strong entry! Good to see you finally finish a set of your own, Plorf, and I'll be looking forward to your individual endeavors. Seeing what Kibble has done with this joint set just makes me wonder how Wood Man is going to turn out. /publicserviceannouncement
Wood Man is going to be a moveset of legendary proportions, methinks. :cool:

And yes, Plorf should make a moveset fine on his own now. I just had to do this with him so he had something to show for all his talk. :laugh:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@Mewthree: Whoa! I didn’t see this one coming at all! I thought that mewthree was awesome in Playing God, but I didn’t expect him to get a playable moveset. So, let’s get started…
First off, Mewthree seems very balanced, as we’ve come to expect from you. He’s great at moving around, jumping and recovering and has great aerials and overall attack range, but has somewhat laggy attacks, few KO moves and is extremely light, yet is a bigger target due to his tail. Right when I read the description for his mid-air jump, I knew I was in for something special.

Moving on, I don’t spot a single uninteresting move anywhere. Pretty much all of them have animations that are easy to picture, but also have really cool effects attached to them. The up tilt and down tilt are really awesome, with the purple spit bubble and the cool “predict which way they’ll fly” thing with mind reader. The Forward smash is quite frankly too good. Purple Umbreon ftw! And the explosion that Mewthree uses in this state gives him a very interesting & much needed KO option. The down smash’s shield-draining properties are cool, and the up smash looks to be an awesome (and very useful) move.

Now the aerials, where Mewthree excels! The neutral air is key, giving him a much-needed defensive move; if the player can manage to pull it off, that is. But I have one question about this move too. Exactly how big are the emeralds? It would be really helpful to know that, since its vital to opponents to be able to attack them. The forward and down aerials are neat moves that show off Mewthree’s playful side, and the usage of the spikes from the up smash makes the dair even more useful. I LOL’ed at the bair. The up aerial is… a ghostly tongue attack? Xd.

The specials… WAIT A SECOND! Where have I seen the neutral special before… that’s right… Ekans. But hm… who did the shed skin thing first, Mewthree or Ekans? Well it actually doesn’t matter that much; both are very fitting and well-implemented, so I’m really just making a fuss over nothing. The side special reminds me of MT’s Hyatt set, if only for the ‘blood’ that Mewthree spews. Awesomeness! The up special is another key move for Mewthree, being able to heal the damage of the Chaos Emeralds and giving them an additional defensive function before they become Dark emeralds. The down special… one of Mewthree’s signature powers. Surprisingly, his mind control powers seem… not complicated. By that I mean, it’s described so well that I can easily picture it working in brawl. And the fact that he can control his own shed skin is… either hilarious or just plain creepy. I’m not sure which.

The grab itself is really funny and so is the pummel. The grabs are all unique, and show off Mewthree’s playful and/or sadistic side. The down throw is so… wow. It makes the throws for my Shana & Yuji set look tame by comparison. Not much to say about situationals, since I never do them. The FS is really awesome, and the inclusion of Giratina is just plain epic. The strategy guide pretty much goes over what we’ve already seen from his attacks, but yeah; Mewthree is pretty much a gimping god. And that classic mode clear screen… poor mew… :(

OH SH- I wrote a full page on this. Anyhow, I love this set, and I think its one of the best in the entire contest right. The next Kawasaki maybe? We’ll just have to wait and see…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Rail: And we go from an awesome semi-OC to a character from an unreleased game! Rail’s a summoner, and can use one of three different spirits at any given time. Each spirit has its own strengths and weaknesses, which is pretty freaking cool. Now…

The neutral A combo and dash attack bring me back to my Yuji & Shana set, in the sense that if a spirit (or in the case of my set, Yuji) aren’t available, the attack is pretty much kind of bland. However, your moves are much better than mine in that regard. I don’t see this as bad really, since it shows how much Rail depends on his spirits. The forward tilt however, I easily consider the worse move in the set. Aside from the usage of the knife, its almost exactly like Luigi’s forward smash, which you even compare it to yourself. The up tilt, though, is awesome. It’s got a cool animation and is a good damage racker. The down tilt is really cool as well! For the forward smash, we’ve got a signature move, and its awesome to boot. It’s painfully slow, but more useful than the slow fsmashes of dedede or ike. The up smash is pretty neat; its really laggy but has its uses, plus a cool animation. The down smash is… spirit bowling?? Epic.

The aerials feature many awesome uses for the spirits, including the fourth spirit (finally xd). The neutral and up aerials are especially cool imo. Now for the specials. Honestly, I don’t much care for the neutral special (the way you describe it, its basically multiple falco lasers with the wario/ROB charge function). But since it is one of Rails signature attacks, I don’t really have much of a reason to complain. The side special is a pretty cool projectile, and looks awesome as well. The up special is pretty neat as well, in the sense that its effects go beyond simply recovering a jump. The down special is…well… needed. The throws for the most part, are similar to moves we’ve seen already. I personally don’t have much of a problem with that. The FS is really awesome with the four godly beasts and all.

Overall, this certainly isn’t one of your best movesets. But, given what you had to work with, you did a great job with this set.

ANOTHER SET?! GAH!!!!!! & its GutsHeatman! DUN DUN!!!!
I'll try to comment on it soon xd.

Agi

Smash Lord
Hmm. Sounds like we did all right here. But, um... What exactly do you mean about the U-Smash. I thought we specified that charging it affected the time Heat Man stayed lit... :ohwell:
Well, for the USmash, generally damage done goes up with... wait a second. *rereads set quickly* DSmash, sorry. DSmash. I thought it was a bit much to be able to C-Stick a move that deals 20%. *quietly edits review*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, for the USmash, generally damage done goes up with... wait a second. *rereads set quickly* DSmash, sorry. DSmash. I thought it was a bit much to be able to C-Stick a move that deals 20%. *quietly edits review*
You have no idea how much more sense that makes! :laugh:

Yeah, I guess I can see how that might be a problem. If you C-Sticked the move, they'd just move slowly, since C-Sticking just executes a Smash attack at minimum charge... :ohwell:

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
DUN DUNNNN

Well, I suppose you can't have everything.

Standard Kibble originality? :urg:
I thought the stage effect moves were nice too, it was one thing Kibble and I agreed on. :p
I'm glad you liked the tilts; I thought they were one of the strongest areas of the set, and definitely my strongest.

Detail: The detail level is fine, providing enough to understand the move thoroughly without providing too many extra uses. A nice balance, augmenting the creative parts of each move. The one thing I'd look at here is varying effects on Smashes according to charge, in particular the DSmash. Does C-Sticking the move still give you the 20%?
I was the one pushing the detail here; Kibble is more "clear and concise". To me, that's not very clear at all. :p The down smash is always going to deal the same damage, as the charge only increases the speed.

Thanks for noticing the balance; Kibble and I are not quite the best in that area... :ohwell:
The up air only has the range of a thrown item (which is kind of a lot), and the damage is pretty low. So the balance is okay on that. I was worried about the up special too, but you have to keep in mind the startup lag, Heat man's second jump, the end lag, and the drawbacks to using it (you can get grabbed, can only choose one direction). I was a little more keen on using numbers (not too keen, mind you), but Kibble is more intent on descriptions. I like a balance of both.

* points to playstyle section *
This is pretty accurate, and I'd probably at least second Heat Man as well. :upsidedown:

No, it's not coal. The green dots represent the round light in the center of Heat Man's chest, which is featured in the side smash and dash attack. If there's one person to thank for the formatting, though, it's Kibble.

Indeed. I came up with most of the taunts/victory poses, and included the Bubble Man/Wood Man ones since Heat Man is weak/strong against them. Also, they're your sets. :p Thanks for the new recolors, by the way. They're more well made than these. (No offense THOR)

I'm glad you liked it; I never would have seen myself doing a joint set for a Robot Master (And not one of my favorites at that!) as my first for the contest. I hope you enjoy working with Kibble; He's quite capable. And yes, I am looking forward to Wood Man and a longer review. :mad088:

>>WELL, QUITE

Junahu

Smash Ace
Heat Man was a wonderful read, being creative while staying within character. The specials did not stand out very much when stuff such as his down tilt, neutral air and foreward air stole the show. I still loved reading it though.

Additional minor quibbles below;

You don't mention if Heatman's extra effects can stack with one another, such as the firey feet from his down tilt, his open flames from his up smash and the all around flames from his Neutral air. It's also hard to tell how the flames from his up smash interact with certain attacks, such as his Dash attack which requires shutting the lid on himself.

When moving around during a Foreward Smash, can Heat man turn around or does he simply continue facing the same way he was when he started charging?

I'm also surprised that the playstyle section failed to mention his Up-Smash as a KO option. The catapults on Pirate Ship are hella strong.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Junahu, with the helpful criticism as always.

We tried to keep the set within character as much as possible, even though there wasn't much character to begin with. The standard "A" moves stood out so much because we tackled the specials first, which I'm sure happens a little too often at times.

I actually did not think about the effects stacking, and I'm sure it'd be interesting. I'd say that it is possible, but since most of these effects last maybe five seconds, it's not really worth it.

For the forward smash, I'd assume that Heat Man can move about as normal, as this is ported almost directly from Mega Man's Atomic Fire weapon in Mega Man 2. This means he can turn around while charging.

As for the up smash not being in the playstyle section, well, I'm just as surprised as you are! I didn't write this part, so this is new to me. We never really decided on a specific knockback, but if it's anywhere right around catapult knockback, it is a lot. However, I don't have any access to Brawl, so I can't test out exactly how powerful it is.

KING K. ROOL I'd be honored if you did a review for Heat Man, as a compensation for me and Agi deceiving you... :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You got us on the effect stacking, for sure. Didn't even think of that. :dizzy:

The F-Smash allows for full movement, including turning around.

The U-Smash not being mentioned in the KO part of the Playstyle section is just a miss on my part due to writing it somewhat hastily. :ohwell:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
KING K. ROOL I'd be honored if you did a review for Heat Man, as a compensation for me and Agi deceiving you... :bee:
Done and done. Not the review, of course. My accepting your request for my review, more like.

Who wants to take a guess at my newest moveset? :cool:

Please? Dude, the thread hasn't moved in 18 hours.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
K.Rool Ima gonna guess. you are doing Hippoppatas
Hippopotas? Can't stand the fat, pointless hippo. Anyway, I'm done with Pokemon for this contest. No, this is something quite different... something I abandoned way back when...

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Isn't it Flash Man? I am looking forward to that one indeed. I'll try to make Bright Man eventually.

EDIT: Something you abandoned, eh? :dizzy:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Isn't it Flash Man? I am looking forward to that one indeed. I'll try to make Bright Man eventually.

EDIT: Something you abandoned, eh? :dizzy:
Flash Man's pretty cool. I've started thinking a bit about that one, and will most definitely get started soon enough. But yes, it's something I've abandoned... not that that ought to help any of you too much. :cool:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Sure, I'll give you a hint... the ULTIMATE HINT!!!

18 hours, no posts. Think of that before you condemn my actions...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

Father Time

Character
The mythological figure, Father Time, is a well known symbol the world over, and often mentioned in the same breath as Mother Nature. In folklore, he's the ancient figure who watches over the passage of time; he can even be called its incarnation.

Father Time brings to the Brawl an unparallelled mastery over his own specific domain. Read on...

Twist

Father Time is no regular character. Many attacks lead to a schism of some sort in the time rift, affecting it in some odd way or another. More vitally, his Down B causes the creation of a timer, rather like in Time mode, but counting up, which goes to the top of the screen. This is his very own plane of time, and he can manipulate it easily, either rewinding or fast-forwarding time in it. More details on what he can do with it abound in the moveset, but know this: it is completely separate from real time. Whether time in gameplay is standing still or going back, a REAL timer would still be counting down until the end of the match. Nothing can stop the passage of time.

Stats

Range ~ 8
Traction ~ 8
Height ~ 7
Power ~ 5
Weight ~ 4
Fall Speed ~ 4
Attack Speed ~ 4
Jump ~ 3
Run ~ 2

Father Time's stats do him no favours. He rarely trips, and his scythe affords him some decent range, but as for the rest... A shame. He's a tall target, with slow attacks that aren't even particularly powerful. He's lighter than one would assume, a rather frail old man, and his run is a slow, shambling movement. His jumps are pitiful. His only other advantage is his long-ish air time.

Moveset

Specials

Down Special ≈ Timeline
Father Time raises two fingers to his temple, and quietly says, "Here, I control all." This process takes just under a second and causes the beginning of the small timer at the top of the screen - in Time mode, just under the actual timer. This is 100% necessary for MANY of Father Time's attacks, so without one of these set up, he's a miserably weak character.

Once he's KOed, the timer vanishes, preventing him from simply rewinding time to before that. It's your duty to find the chance at the start of each stock to get one of these going.

Special ≈ The Sands of Time
Father Time draws a small hourglass from his robes and tosses it before him. In a puff of smoke, it grows to about his size, but now in the background, slowly ticking away. The crucial thing here is that when the last grain of sand ticks away - a different amount each time - the hourglass will shatter, unleashing a wave of sand two platforms long that goes to either side, pulling characters like Piplup (although with more power at higher %s), and dealing multiple small hits. This is pretty lethal if you can just keep the foe on the ground when the counter ends.

This has another use; that of a timer of sorts if you can't get a Timeline set up. It can also be manipulated excellently by several attacks; rewind time to just before it burst to get a second shot, or fast-forward time to shorten the waiting period before the inevitable wave.

Up Special ≈ His Hour
This makes for a poor recovery, but it's crucial to Father Time's game. This can only be used if you have a Timeline going. The first time you use it, he'll announce, "Now is the hour!" This has some lag. Make sure you take note of the time on your Timeline when you use this, because the second time...

Father Time claps his hands together and the image of a giant clock briefly flickers in the background, a fairly fast move. You, the foe, and the stage are transported back to the exact moment you first used it. Your damage %s do NOT change - only your positions and other factors like charged weapons, stage obstacles, and, of course, your Hourglass and other timed attacks, do. You must then again use it once to set a point in time and then again to move to that.

This attack is perhaps your most important weapon. Use it to repeatedly recycle an Hourglass, use it to repeatedly put yourself in an advantageous situation, and use it to nullify your opponent's charged attacks, like Wario's Down B. Just make sure you find some openings to set it up, or you'll find yourself without any recovery.

Forward Special ≈ Skipping Record
This attack is very, very odd. It can only be used AFTER His Hour has been completed and with a Timeline set up. When you use it, Father Time says, "Let us go back to the moment." He then makes a motion with his hand and the clock image flickers in the background again. You, the stage, and the foe then skip back to any moment you did play to, then rewinded from. When this is is entirely random. In other words:

The timer reads 0:15, you set up your Up B. At 1:45, you use it and the timer moves back to 0:15. When you use this, you'll jump to a random moment in that 1:30 minute stretch you've already played - in the future. Get it? This can put you into a losing position or a winning position, but it will ALWAYS confound the foe. As with Up B, this doesn't change damage %. Use it to keep the foe on his toes, or to get out of a rough spot. Just be aware that this might send you into a darker future.

Standard Attacks

Tap A ≈ Delay Bubble
Father Time extends both his arms ahead of him. While you tap A, a sphere of reddish, translucent energy forms, small at first, then growing the more you tap. It grows fairly slowly, taking about three seconds to reach its full size of one Smart Bomb explosion. While foes are in it, they move extremely slowly, like when Shadow is in effect, and take 1% every half a second. This has wind-down lag when you stop tapping, so you're bound to take a hit when they get out unless you're playing in a Team Battle. Note that your hourglass also moves slower in this zone.

Dash Attack ≈ Temporal Discrepancy
Father Time, out of his shambling run, makes a sudden movement, extending a hand and engulfing foes before him in his cloak. If he catches anyone, he'll spin around once, and continue running; the foe will appear right behind him, running in the opposite direction. This does 7%. Play goes on... for about five seconds. At that point, there'll be a sudden flash, and Father Time and his foe will switch places. Use this as you will, but be well aware that it's quite easily outprioritized or used against you by a skilled foe. It's also laggy if it misses and easy to see coming. Those five seconds are, however, a good time to set up His Hour.

Tilts

Forward Tilt ≈ Sand Gash
Father Time slams his scythe into the ground in front of him and drags it toward him, hewing the stage. The gash he cuts into it lingers for ten seconds before vanishing. In those ten seconds, if a foe crosses it, a puff of sand will erupt around them, and their character will rewind their actions uncontrollably, backing up until they manage to button mash their way out of the affliction. Of course, they can be hit out of this. Another attack well used with His Hour.

Up Tilt ≈ Sandman
Clapping his hands mightily together above his head, Father Time creates a cloud of sand that drifts lazily in a Smart Bomb area for a few seconds. Entering it induces automatic sleep in foes, making them fall groundwards. This sets them up for an easy punishment. Now, if this attack is used after a Sands of Time has burst, and the sands are around Father Time, the cloud will be much larger, covering a huge space, and dealing some stacking damage in the bargain. This is to stop those nasty foes who think to simply jump over your big moment.

Down Tilt ≈ Precision Elapse
Father Time carefully deposits a small hourglass on the ground. This has a timer of thirteen seconds, precisely. If you use Down Tilt again in those thirteen seconds, the hourglass will explode. Your goal is to pop it as close to the 00:13 mark as possible, as that will result in a stupendous, giant explosion, dealing 20% and high knockback. The further off you get, the weaker the explosion, and if you miss the thirteen second mark, it'll fizzle and the attack will be unusable for the next thirteen seconds. For this attack to work out properly, you'll need a Timeline to refer to. Bear in mind that you can skip time back to moments before it exploded, if you failed on your first try.

Smashes

Forward Smash ≈ Accelerate
Father Time prepares what appears to be a handful of fire. When the button is released, he tosses it forward, a platform and a half; this is rather laggy, although not obscenely so. On contact, it deals a set 15% and causes the foe's fall, attack, and run speed to be insanely boosted. If uncharged, it's the equivalent of Bunny Hood and Metal Box at once. At max charge, it's impossible to maintain control; the slightest touch of the control stick can send you running off the edge. Beware highly skilled foes when using this; it can blow up in your face, if unchecked. Use this with his Dash Attack, however, and YOU will be the one to receive the speed boost; and Father Time is so slow by default that you'll find yourself quite able to control him. A handy trick, if you can pull it off.

Up Smash ≈ Zone of Perplexity
Father Time raises a hand skywards, and dramatically slows down the passage of time for everyone and everything. This works only with and extends to his Timeline, which elapses at about half speed. While in this zone, foes take constant damage, 2% per second, but if they hit Father Time, the attack will be cancelled. You must avoid them for as long as possible if you're to rack up any sort of damage. Charging this means everything's slowed down even more. Set up His Hour while you're in this; it's a good damage racking mechanism.

Down Smash ≈ Epoch Meltdown
This has a charge time of five seconds. It has to be fully charged to work properly. If it does, and you have a timer set up, you and the foe are returned to zero hour, as Father Time splays his hands and barks a word. Unlike His Hour, this also restores %s, so it's potentially a ridiculously powerful weapon. Pulling it off, though - that IS a thorny problem. However, all hope is not lost; this still has the same charge time when you're in a Zone of Perplexity, and Back Throw chains into this against an unskilled foe. On a large enough stage, you can potentially heal yourself fully and go back to where you were when you first started a Timeline. Just ensure you profit more than the foe; this is strictly a measure of last resort.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial ≈ Cease
From midair, Father Time snaps his fingers abruptly. If he has a Timeline, everything stops for a period - everything except you and your foe. If you use Nair again in the following five seconds, the timeline will continue then; if you don't, it'll continue at five. The main purpose of this is to manipulate stage hazards and get the foe into position before activating a Sands of Time or similar timed manuever.

Forward Aerial ≈ Dusttangle
This attack can only be used over solid ground. Father Time claps his hands, and from the ground in the space directly in front of his aerial position, tendrils of sand lunge upwards. If they sense a foe in the area, they'll home in and pull that foe down to the ground, a la Pitfall. This attack is somewhat laggy, but obviously disjointed and high-priority, and the tendrils stand out relatively long, making it difficult to evade. It deals a nice 11%, too, making it a great damage output mechanism. Great way to pull the foe into a Sands of Time.

Back Aerial ≈ Age Skip
Father Time extends a hand behind him, a quick move with low lag. If he reaches a foe, they'll vanish in a flash of light and immediately reappear directly in front of him, with 15% on them and a temporary visual effect making them look immeasurably old. Y'know, wrinkles, white beard, rust for R.O.B, and so forth. It's a fairly quick, high-priority attack, and one of Father Time's best ways to approach in the air, as it links nicely into Dusttangle, grounding the foe, and hopefully leading into that lethal hourglass attack.

Up Aerial ≈ Tempus Fugit
Abruptly pointing up, Father Time causes time to elapse with 1.5 times the regular speed for a given period. This is only used with a Timeline going. This may sound simplistic and rather useless, as it works for everyone and everything, but it's a lovely way to throw off the foe, especially after a Zone of Perplexity, and to bring them into your Sands of Time, which are much harder to survive when they move 1.5 times faster.

Down Aerial ≈ Consign
Wielding his scythe at last, Father Time grips it with both hands - the stall - then plunges, the blunt end pointing down. If used over thin air, this WILL result in a suicide; however, contact with his moving hitbox body at any time is a powerful spike dealing 12%. If, however, it's used on solid ground, Father Time will, upon contact, drive his scythe into it. This results in a powerful wave of magnitudinal energy sweeping out from him, burying foes as it goes, and dealing 8%. What's more, the impact has enough power to shake an additional amount of sand out from any Sands of Time you may have set up. Add two and two together, and the foe has best move away when Father Time starts plunging, as it's likely that this'll ground them just in time to sweep them away. One of his most vital attacks.

Throws

Grab ≈ Struggle Dimension
Father Time creates a Delay Bubble (see Jab) before him. It's a slow grab, but it's about half as large across as a Smart Bomb, so it's a fair deal. When the foe is caught in the dark reddish bubble, they'll be slowly pulled toward Father Time. As they tap, they move further away from him, with the potential to escape altogether. However, you can tap in turn to move them closer. After five seconds, whoever's closer to winning the struggle simply wins - if they're closer to escaping than you are to grabbing, they break out. Only if you win can you use Father Time's throws. However, you can always hope that one of your timed weapons activates while they're fighting to escape you. Not to mention that Father Time's throws are, as a rule, good.

Forward Throw ≈ Youth Shift
Father Time grips the foe by the throat and a green light pulsates out of him. The foe suddenly starts taking rapid damage, about 12%, while you heal an equal amount. Father Time, after this throw, looks visibly younger, his beard and hair slightly brown, and his face less wrinkled, while the foe looks aged as in his bair. However, the repercussion of this is that the foe has the potential to counter what you stole from them by pulling off a successful throw on you within the next ten seconds. If they do, instead of their usual throw, they'll hold Father Time by the throat and steal back 13%, giving them a net gain. If they fail to throw him in ten seconds, the visual effect will go away, and the damage shift will be permanent. A highly useful throw, and long enough to make a Sands of Time feasible.

Back Throw ≈ Slug Hours
Father Time throws the foe behind him, snapping his fingers and smiling slightly. The foe moves in slow motion, about 1.5 times slower than usual, for the following four seconds. Of course, for the first bit of this, they're taking the rather small knockback and 10% of the throw itself. This gives you time to set up one of your tilt traps or to try for the coveted Down Smash.

Up Throw ≈ Modified Timeline
This only works if you have a Timeline set up, and His Hour used once also. Upon use, Father Time will buffet the foe across the face with a robed sleeve, and they'll vanish, reappearing where and when they were when you set up His Hour. You remain exactly where you were. If they were afflicted with Forward Smash or Up Tilt or Forward Tilt or whatever at the time you used His Hour, they'll be afflicted still. This is only handy if you timed your usage of His Hour carefully.

Down Throw ≈ Guest Paradox
Father Time, gripping the foe by the arm, causes time to pass extremely quickly, about 2x faster than usual; this affects only the actual stage around them, not Father Time and his captive. This throw lasts until the foe button mashes their way out of it. Obviously, the use of this is to pull off a Sands of Time, although it has very interesting repercussions in team battles and free-for-alls. No damage, no knockback.

Final Smash

Final Smash ≈ God of Passing Seconds
Father Time raises a hand. This only works if you have a Timeline set up. Tilting the control stick back will rewind time at 1.5 the regular speed, causing everyone to move backwards, repeating their actions - however, damage is taken again by any foes. So if you hit a foe with a Dusttangle, then rewind time, the reversed Dusttangle will do the damage again. After rewinding, you can also fast-forward time, again repeating your blows against foes. In other words, you're in complete control of your own little dimension, and hell, rewind time far back enough and you'll find a foe about to fall off of the blast zone - they'll be KO'd all over again. You only have ten real-time seconds to play around, though, so hasten.

Playstyle

So Father Time is off-putting at first. Using him properly requires a tremendous amount of ingenuity and creative thinking; inputting the same tired strings of attacks isn't going to fly here. You'll have to adapt to the tide of battle and take advantage of your full arsenal of strange, time-warping attacks, and there's no way I can begin to tell you of all the interactions and all the myriad uses of His Hour and Skipping Record. I can, however, set you off on the right foot by giving you a brief (ha!) overview of basic tactics and essential skills.

Basics

Starting off right at the beginning - Timeline. Set it up, right away. 95% of the time, you'll want one ticking away from the very first moment possible, and do try not to take any hits before pulling it off, because you want an emergency Down Smash (Epoch Meltdown) to actually have an advantageous effect for you. Your best bet at pulling it off is to land a back throw, slowing them down, or to bury them with Dair or what-have-you, or maybe even to put them to sleep with Up Tilt. You have a whole array of weapons to incapacitate and stall the foe, and the very first thing you want to do is Down B. Timeline is vital.

Now, for His Hour. This is obviously one of the most versatile and handy attacks of any character, ever. Set it up just before 13 seconds on a Down Tilt. Set it up just before a Sands of Time hourglass bursts. Set it up while the foe is moving in reverse from a Forward Tilt. Set it up when a foe is recovering and potentially gimped. Set it up when you're in the middle of the stage, ready to approach. Set it up when the foe is buried or asleep. Set it up during an Nair, when all is still. There's literally a million moments when it'd be good to make your first use of it. Just be well aware that it's not the fastest of attacks, so don't try to overuse it. Be also aware that it's his only form of recovery, so if the foe doesn't give you a chance to breathe, they can quite easily pull off a cheap KO. Use it for the second time when you're forced to recover, or when you're simply in a disadvantageous position: when you're being approached; when you've taken a solid hit; when your teammate is about to be gimped; and so forth. Be aware, again, that the second use is not fast.

Skipping Record, Forward B, serves more or less a similar use to His Hour. It's a measure of last resort, and incredibly risky, as you have no control over what point in the future you're going to skip to. It's unreliable, it's situational, but it's still a tool that you must not forget.

Tactics

So you've worked out the basics, and now you're trying to put it all together. Father Time's stats are incredibly against him, and his attacks are rarely good at dealing damage or at KOing. What you have is an unfathomable control over the foe and over yourself, over the stage and over positioning. What you lack is what matters most; KOs, damage, recovery.

For the first two, you'll be turning time and time again to the Sands of Time. It's a lovely KO move, near the edge especially. Your goal is to pull it off as best you can, and ensure the foe doesn't dodge, because it's not easy to set up. If you bungle it, you had better hope you set up His Hour before it burst, so that you may go back and take a second shot at snagging them. As to incapacitating them - well, I covered that largely as I rattled off the individual attacks, so suffice to say it's feasible, especially through his useful throws.

Outside of that one, however, you can only hope here and there. Hope that the speed boost from Accelerate results in a suicide from them. Hope that you land Consign Down Air and Fathercide. It's all hope. You see how much Father Time relies on his hourglass attacks - Sands of Time and Down Tilt, also. Different they may be, but both can be manipulated expertly.

If you must, you can slow down time everywhere, giving yourself time to recuperate. You can freeze the Timeline, giving you a chance to move the foe into position. You can speed up the Timeline. You can even rewind the timeline! The sky's the limit, really, and the foe may find themselves reliving the same pathetic moment of their game over and over again.

Need I say that Father Time is unpracticed at dealing damage? However, he does have a few vital tools, especially his Up Smash, to aid in his plight. And anyway, damage is not a prerogative for him; Sands can KO even without obscenely high %s, if ably set up and pulled off. This disregard towards the % counter comes in useful when he's forced to pull off his last resort; Down Smash. Yes, if all else fails, try again from the beginning. It doesn't rewrite the stock counter, but it resets more or less everything else, if you started the Timeline at the beginning as was suggested.

Don't recover with Father Time. Don't let yourself be put in a situation where you have to recover. It won't be easy; you had best hope you set up His Hour, or Skipping Record, and even then, it's easy enough to gimp the floaty old man. This isn't his domain, and it shouldn't be your primary concern; even as you fall to your doom, you should be planning where to plant the next hourglass, when to start the next Timeline, when His Hour should be deployed.

You're dealing with an infinitely powerful force, an incarnation of time itself, and he has according power and potential. Tapping into it is no easy feat, and there's always more power at his fingertips than you'd think. If you do, however, crack the secret of time itself, you'll become a knowing traveller in that realm, and the foe will be tossed and turned and sent through it again and heaved into the future and come out lost and unknowing. You have control over their fate; you are the puppeteer. Realize this, and they will dance on strings of moments and an ever-shifting sandscape.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
That was quite unexpected; I never remember that set being dropped, or announced in any way.
Father Time has the potential to be either very overpowered or very underpowered, depending on the skill of the player. The set itself is somewhat confusing to read, but has a nice payoff. Very original attacks, as usual, and very challenging playstyle. I would likely NOT main this character, but I'd envy those who can pull it off well.

Another outstanding set.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Father Time: I would totally main this dude. Some of the most unique attacks I've seen, and it was very digestible in one sitting. I especially love the Neutral A and Bair.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Father Time definitley had some cool moves, no doubt about it. I liked how his down special was essentially just an egg-timer to help him keep track of his other moves. His Hour was a really awesome time-affecting move.

However, I have some problems that stop me from calling this a top contender. First of all, it seems like there were a lot of missing details. There wasn't even a mention of lag on the FSmash! And the guy had some nearly broken attacks. Bair was quick, had high priority, deals great damage, combos into other moves, and probably has decent range just due to Father Time's size. Yikes!

So overall, I certainly enjoyed this guy, but I think I could have enjoyed him a lot more if it weren't for some glaring flaws. =/

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That was quite unexpected; I never remember that set being dropped, or announced in any way.
Father Time has the potential to be either very overpowered or very underpowered, depending on the skill of the player. The set itself is somewhat confusing to read, but has a nice payoff. Very original attacks, as usual, and very challenging playstyle. I would likely NOT main this character, but I'd envy those who can pull it off well.

Another outstanding set.
Thanks, Plorf. It was confusing to WRITE, too, to be honest. :dizzy:

Father Time: I would totally main this dude. Some of the most unique attacks I've seen, and it was very digestible in one sitting. I especially love the Neutral A and Bair.
Thanks, Wiz! Glad you liked it.

Father Time definitley had some cool moves, no doubt about it. I liked how his down special was essentially just an egg-timer to help him keep track of his other moves. His Hour was a really awesome time-affecting move.
Thank ye, HR. Now to the bad...

However, I have some problems that stop me from calling this a top contender. First of all, it seems like there were a lot of missing details. There wasn't even a mention of lag on the FSmash!
Call me Mendez, but I've come to feel that a lot of the details that have come to be "required" aren't really required at all to get a good mental image of the character. Especially for Smashes, which have variable lag depending on charge. But yeah, I guess I'll add that for that one, and if you want to point out any others, HR, I'd be grateful.

And the guy had some nearly broken attacks. Bair was quick, had high priority, deals great damage, combos into other moves, and probably has decent range just due to Father Time's size. Yikes!
Ahhh, but he also had some nearly useless attacks, no? The damage is because so few of his attacks actually DEAL any. Maybe I overdid it. I do think that attack isn't broken because it has a small hitbox - just his hand. I see where you're coming from HR, and considering how fast I made this guy - mostly today and yesterday - I'm not surprised some things may have slipped past me.

So overall, I certainly enjoyed this guy, but I think I could have enjoyed him a lot more if it weren't for some glaring flaws. =/
Ah, well. Not an easy task to live up to Kawasaki and Shellder, I fear. I've said it before; my biggest moveset-making enemy is myself. :ohwell:

Junahu

Smash Ace
Father Time is certainly creative. Adding the concept of time to Brawl opens up a considerable number of options. I'm surprised you didn't make Father Time a gimping master. But forcing him to use his Sands of Time for KO's is kind of poetic, and having an entire moveset based around setting up opponents for the Sands of Time is pretty awesome.

I do have one problem with this moveset though, and it really hampered my enjoyment while reading it;

His Down Special is mandatory for his other moves to work. There is simply no point in not setting up a timeline immediately. Which begs the question, why is an entire Special designated to setting up a timeline, when everyone will use it once at the beginning of a stock and then completely ignore it from then on?
It's literally a useless Special, in that it achieves nothing the game couldn't have handled automatically.

Timeline could have easily been merged with His Hour, since that move requires a timeline anyway.

Edit: Skipping Record, even I couldn't understand it at first. And I'm not too sure I understand it now.
Basically, time jumps to a random position on the timeline, between the time you set His Hour and the time you used the move again to go back in time, right? So this move is technically only usable in the "past".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom