• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a question for the area of Texarkana.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Ok, so I'm from Louisiana. I moved to Indiana in October of '08 and I've started playing melee here.

I might be moving back down south by the end of the year. I was wondering if there's anyone in the North-Western part of La(i.e Bossier City, Shreveport, Haughton, Benton, or Minden(hell, even Ruston will work)) area that still plays melee. Because I don't want these past few months of play to have gone to waste. I want to know if there's anyone who still plays ssbm and not ssbb.

PM me or just post here and I'll check it hopefully there's still some people in the 318 that plays. If not, I'll just go be sad and play melee by my lonesome. Lol.

Pritch

Smash Lord
If you were more in the new orleans/baton rouge area then yes, people still play melee (though unfortunately brawl is most definitely king here:(). Up that way... I dunno what kind of scene there is at all. Sudai goes to school up north, but he'll be back in BR for the summer. So I don't know how much luck you're going to have.

However, if you ever find yourself down in NO, hit me up and we'll see about getting some melee happening.

Also, the place to go for any and all louisiana smash related issues is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=53259

That's pretty much where everything happens.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yyeeaahh. I go to school in Ruston but I'm going to be down in Baton Rouge during the Summer. I play a lot of fighters and Melee is definitely one of them. I might actually be going to school in Lafayette next year, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Well, ****. That's no good. I know that people play brawl up in Bossier.... But I don't want to have anything to do with brawl anymore. I've gone back to melee and that's where I want to stay.

Anyone else? C'mon, if there's someone from North West LA who plays melee I'd really like for you to post here saying so.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you Lousiana'ns need to get at this guy. hes gonna have the best luigi in the whole world if he keeps it up. ill be sad to see him leave us.

:(

dont go wiggins make Candace and your dad move here!

Wiggins

Smash Ace
C'mon guys. Anyone else? I'm kinda saddened by the fact that once I come back home there will be no one to play Melee with on a technical level. Is there anyway to change the topic name to a general question for the texarkana area?

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Well, you know what?

That'll work better than having no one. Know what I mean?

I have a step-sister who goes to LA Tech so that's more incentive to come visit, because I haven't seen her in a couple of years. Lol.

Plus I've got a bunch of my friends in the Bossier City/Haughton area that I'm going to have to convert back from brawl.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Holy hell! Dallas? That's SOOO far away from Bossier/Shreveport. Lol.

Maybe if it's for something big that has to do with melee. But just for giggles, maybe.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Uh, it's like 3 hours away. That's how far I have to drive to most big state tournaments that aren't in Dallas. Texas is biiiiig.

Plus we have me, bluezaft, Wobbles, and come next Monday...darkrain ;)

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I had no idea Wobbles was in Texas.

Darkrain in Texas?

He was here in Evansville for POE2. I thought he lived somewhere up here in the midwest.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
He lives in Kansas City, but he's moving down here next week. Wobbles grew up in Dallas, he goes to school in Arizona.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Considering it's been 8 days since anyone's posted in this thread I'd have to guess that there's not very melee tournaments in the area of Louisiana.

What about in Texas, Arkansas or Mississippi? I don't want all my playing to go to waste. :[

Top Bottom