• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video of Some new Toon Link stuff

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
No joke, I'm going to practice the few things Idk how to do and have them down consistently by tomorrow. >=o

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The only thing I haven't tried/ done yet is the double bomb thing.

I've been too lazy to try it. >_>

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I can already do the bomb thing I got it since the first time I tried XD. What I cant do is the upB fall in platforms but i can do them to edgehog :S. Good vid DTL.

Yeah the Double Bomb was fairly easy to pick up. BTW, I'll add some of this stuff to my bomb guide, once I can find my capture card that my brother is hiding from me.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
The double bomb is easier using the directional + A than the C stick imo. Dunno why.

I still can't do the ledge hog move consistently.

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
Yo DTL, do you read the CO regional thread?

We're having a Smashfest in Fort Collins for NorCO. You should come. Toon Link mirror match challenge.

I'm a fan of the Demonic-zair from the ledge.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Just do it with the right timing before going over the ledge...It's ****ing hard, man. I can't do it consistently...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Use a dashing Up-B towards the ledge and kinda wiggle the control stick.
You'll get the movement eventually.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ahh good vid. Thanx
Went and practised SHDB. Hard to pull off at first., but so satifying when you do get it.

Howd you do the Zair without grabbing the edge? Is it only on that stage?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ahh good vid. Thanx
Went and practised SHDB. Hard to pull off at first., but so satifying when you do get it.

Howd you do the Zair without grabbing the edge? Is it only on that stage?
Demonic Zair
How to Perform: Grab the Ledge, Hit away from the ledge, DI back towards the ledge, Double Jump towards under the lip and use Zair.
Effect: Toon will move away from the ledge, Jump right up against the lower lip part and use Zair, then return to the Stage using Zair without the Zair turning into a tether and grabbing the ledge.
Note: This is a good surprise attack and a very safe way to return on stage because of the spacing and canceled lag. You can also follow up this move with other attacks so it can be a combo starter. It also obviously has more range then a Nair return, so if your opponent is expecting a Nair and takes an extra step back, the Demonic Zair will do the job nicely.
Stages: Battle Field, Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Norfair, Halberd, Spear Pillar, Castle Siege, Distant Planet, Smashville, New Pork City, Hanenbow, Temple, Jungle Japes, Corneria and Brinstar.
Credit: DemonicToonLink

Top Bottom