• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

The Truth!

Smash Ace
haha right, well i won't be changing the c stick, so i'll try to compare it to uptilting
Tap jumping:D. Its how I use ganon's dair to spike. Just tap jump and down c-stick right as you do the aerial. You could use x or y to jump, but your aerial would come out incredibly slower.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He's talking about when he is already falling, AKA past the peak of his jump, like if you DJ an up air to follow somebody, but they airdodged through it, and they are right below you and you want to dair and you can't fastfall it or it will miss.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So many people spam...so much.

WHen you momentum cancel, is the fastfalling (after the uair) before the skullbash really that helpful, or can you go without it. I wonder what the % difference is with pikachu...

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i didn't think you wanted to fastfall in a situation where you wantedt o skullbash...like you momentum cancel with skullbash if you're off to the side, but you fastfall if you're up above...am i understandign this wrong?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Fastfalling reduces momentum either way, if you are hit vertically or horizontally, but since the uair and skullbash are pretty quick after another, i was wondering if i should really get used to fastfalling also.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
Hi Pika boards! I have recently started trying out Pikachu and have a question...

What is the best move to follow up a grab release with?

The Truth!

Smash Ace
So many people spam...so much.

WHen you momentum cancel, is the fastfalling (after the uair) before the skullbash really that helpful, or can you go without it. I wonder what the % difference is with pikachu...
You can fast fall as soon as you aerial. You can't skull bash until after the aerial is over.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Right, but you aren't answering my question. Is it that much of a help or does it not make that much of a difference?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Imo, fastfalling the aerial makes a somewhat significant difference. Do it.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
because he wouldn't do it if it wasn't that helpful, so he was trying to get a consensus of the overall usefulness i think, i would do it though esam, because if you think about it, it can't hurt, right? at the point of which you would do it you can't get punished (or shouldn't)

Xi_Athletics_ix

Smash Rookie
I'm obviously new and have a question about the Chain Grab Buffer. When you buffer the grab, do i use another Grab or can i use any move(Jab, so on so forth) while pika is falling to hit the opponent?

I saw a few different things and don't really know what i'm supposed to do. :ohwell:

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
just re-grab, thats how you buffer the grabs for chain grabs, but you can also buffer other things, like rolls or smashes, and stuff, but just the grab for the chain

Top Bottom