• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smokers Brawl (Minors NOW ALLOWED!)- 5/10/09 Newport News, VA

c3gill

Smash Ace
For any set you play, you can ask for a blind pick for the first game. for any game after the first, the previous game's loser will always know the pevious game's winner's character before picking their character. gotta love set format.

that reads really funny^

JFox

Smash Hero
this **** seems chill as hell. I would love to come if i had any interest in brawl...sadly i dont. not to mention it's like 5 hours away lol. but yea, this def is a cool idea. nice creativity

c3gill

Smash Ace
I dont wanna make another thread for results, so here they are:

Singles:

1. d0n :dk2:
2. C3 :lucas:
3.nard :wolf:
4.Geoff :falco:
5. Dalby :falco:
5. David :wolf:
7. Derek :shiek:
7.Travis :yoshi:
9. Cassie :kirby:
9. Scott :lucas:
9. Jay :gw:
9. Hayden :pikachu:
13. Matt :random:

Doubles:

1. Last Minute (buttsex!)- d0n and Marquis :dk2: :falco:
2. No Room for Error- Derek and nard :wolf: :shiek:
3. Methklok- C3 and Dalby :lucas: :falco:

my ****:

d0n, it was great playing you. Lucky for me you were rusty, or else I wouldnt have taken you to 5 in winners finals. w00t for Green Greens and Norfair! Great grandfinals matches, you have a great DK. and DK is broken vs Lucas (can i get some respect for keeping my main against a ridiculous matchup in your favor? :)) Great plaing you, hopefully we can play again sometime soon!

nard- I dont know what to say. I finally got revenge? your Wolf was AMAZING. Great matches in the doubles bracket, it took awhile for me to get your game, but i finally managed in the singles bracket. and I cant wait to post that crazy PK Freeze KO on youtube, ill send you a link when its up! (I dont think Derek liked my Lucas, lolz)

Dalby, Matt and Jay- Thanks for all the work yall put in to helping me with this. Jon, sorry I had to take you out on my way to 2nd :) 3 stock Kirby WHAT? reminded me of a certain Fox v Lucas match we had... yall helped make this happen, and it was a lot of fun!

Everyone else- thanks for turning out! It was great fun, pity it was the same weekend as APEX :ohwell: thanks for the good time!

EDIT- if you played in this, and have an AiB account, link your account to it- should be up in a day or so.

D0N

Smash Ace
C3gill: You get respect for maining lucas, end of story lol. I thought you played pretty well, I was afraid to go fox against you so I just didnt at all in grand finals. Nice lucas and counterpicks. Norfair... never again... If you ever want to play and im in VA id be more than happy to play.

Nard & Derek: Really nice teamwork. you guys have some serious potential and made some nice comebacks.

This tourney was run really well and everything was great. Nice meeting everyone and playing who I got to play.

As JFox guessed, this was chill as hell

g-regulate

Smash Hero
sounds like a fun tourney, wanted to come but me mum's more important! do it again and id love to come down and chill.

tmntrules2003

Smash Cadet
I had alot of fun at this tourney i hope we can do it again sometime it was chill as hell and i needed some tourney play as well. It was good playin some new people hope to see some of you again at other tournaments.

Top Bottom