• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Moveset Discussion: N Throw (aka chewing)

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
I like Yoshi's pummel attack. It barely does any damage, but it's a nice set-up for other attacks since the victim is always released in the air.

If I'm fighting a character who's a victim of the grab-release chaingrab, then I'll be abusing it. If not, then I might chew them one time then throw them in a random direction.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I chew almost every time. I've gotten it to the point where I can accurately adjust the amount of pummels I make based on my opponent's %, and execute it virtually every time. It adds up, especially when you grab at those higher %s and you can inflict ~15% with a pummel/throw "combo". If timed properly, I can always get at least 1 pummel before my opponent breaks out, unless they're at 0%. This is based mostly on CPUs, as I don't get to play against other humans often, but it seems to hold up against other people.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I try to get at least one pummel in before I throw.

It's also funny to see people's reactions when I chew them. :)

Metatitan

Smash Master
Positives:
Grab Release attacks
Chaingrabs on a lot of the cast
adds damage to our crappy throws (i mean the throws arent bad, they just don't do much damage)
Helps refresh attacks

Negatives:
Weak Pummel (2%-0% IIRC)
Can be ground broken
It's not that hard to break out of a grab in brawl compared to melee

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
I think it's funny how Yoshi can hit people outside of his mouth while chewing someone inside his mouth. It looks so...weird.
I try to get at least one pummel in before I throw.

It's also funny to see people's reactions when I chew them. :)
Yeah, it is.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Isn't really useful, even the Infinite on Wario is easy to DI out of.

It's always good to mix up chewing and directional throws.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
wow...couldn't you just have 1 thread for grabs?
I think it's more organized this way.

Think about it, if there was one thread for the grabs and throws it would just be a bunch of people debating over one throw and the others would be forgotten.

But, back on topic. The Yoshi's pummel is really only useful at higher damages unless you want to risk the enemy getting out of your grab.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Wrong, it's inescapable if we time it right.

Probably the best grab release in the game, actually.
Lol. It's so easy to escape it's not even funny. Even computers get out of it!

It wouldn't be an infinite if it was easy to DI out of :s
Exactly my point.

AJSKJKJKJJDFKDJKL, I'll just Chaingrab better when it comes to Wario.

=\

auroreon

Smash Ace
If it is perfectly timed then it is an infinite and u can just keep chewing Wario until he is ready to be Usmashed. So... learn the timing REALLY well and 1 grab = 1 stock so you can close your eyes and pretend you are an IC main.

Bakuratheyoshi3

Smash Rookie
Chewing in SSBM

I have a question on the sound of the chewing in melee though, if they wanted to make it realistic, why didn't they have the chewing sound get quieter every time he chews? I mean he's crushing their **** bones right?
:confused:

auroreon

Smash Ace
^^^^^This

so there is no need to argue on whether it is escapable or not because it doesn't matter
That statement kind of contradicts itself, because if it was escapabale then it isn't a standing infinite and therefore is not banned.

Metatitan

Smash Master
It isn't escapable but no one really does it because it just saves time (since wario will probably have the lead%) to up smash or f smash from grab release for your damage.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yea it not hard to do with practice but it does burn a lot of timer.

and meta is right its inescapable meaning it works we argued this months ago no need to bring it up again

Top Bottom