• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B2B 11 Tournament: Matches vs AFRO THUNDAH on 5/16/09

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Back To Basics Tournament 11 hosted by Willvolution on 5/16/09. The first match of the set wasn't recorded. My first tourny vids since I came back to the scene. Watch in High Quality and of course critiques are welcomed, I'm always looking to improve :)

Advent Lee's (Diddy) vs Afro Thundah's (Snake) Match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-zctKQrj4Y&feature=channel_page

Advent Lee's (Diddy) vs Afro Thundah's (Snake) Match 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd57VpP3um0&feature=channel_page

-Lee-

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
ADVENT = TOO GOOOOOD
Makes me proud to be a fellow diddy player! Putting some major pressure on snake

2nd Match - 1:43 - 2:00
0 - Death with him only hitting you once in 17 seconds OUCH!

Had some minor trouble with my friends Snake tonight, but ironically all of a sudden I feel better now. :D

Player-1

Smash Legend
Work on your grab game in general, not that many grabs and the times you did go for the grabs you got punished a bit for it. Using grabs against Snakes is really important.

Can't really say much else right not, have to go to school, but I'll comment more when I get back. Good matches though.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Please grab pummel at least once every time you get a grab. PLEASE. Nice so far lee :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I watched these last night while we were chatting.
Good stuff man. Looks like you haven't lost it ;)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Like people have been saying, use more grabs. On the first stock of the first vid, you could have damaged him a lot more by using grabs, fairs etc. Maybe you should try grabbing banana's with Z when dashing, if the dash attack doesn't hit it will speed up your game.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I loved watching the matches, I hated that you lost the set though.
Every one has pretty much said what you should do. Just grab more, it's basically what makes the Diddy/Snake match up. You play the match-up really aggressively and as if you're playing any other character which is an issue. I think you just need to adapt to playing different characters, but you have time.

Really good matches, keep it up! :D

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Good matches. Your Diddys very aggresive and that second kill in match 2 was awesome.
Seeing how long Snake lives, you need all the damage you can get. Gab pummel as ADHD said but you also messed up 2 chances to banana lock. He wouldve taken at least 40 more % and you wouldve been edgeguarding him. Other than that, welcome back ^_^

EDIT: I just saw the second match. Good stuff man. Too bad you lost. At least you got the lock on him this time (added 30 something % IIRC) Only thing I have to say is try to instant throw more. especially on BF where there are a lot of platforms. Its too slow to zcatch a banana thats on a platform to regular smash throw. Especially against taller characters like Snake who still get hit by the higher trajectory.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Ok so I gotta grab/pummel more, thanks everyone for the advice its really appreciated. I'm a melee player so I'm used to playing aggressively, AFRO is 2good one of the best Snakes in the nation. I'm suppose to be good at the Snake match up but still lost, thanks everyone but I do suck right now :(

-LLL-

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Ok so I gotta grab/pummel more, thanks everyone for the advice its really appreciated. I'm a melee player so I'm used to playing aggressively, AFRO is 2good one of the best Snakes in the nation.
Yeah, I think once you get used to it, it's one of the most fun match-ups. You're constantly paranoid and so is he. It's so energetic! xD

I'm suppose to be good at the Snake match up but still lost, thanks everyone but I do suck right now :(

-LLL-
No one likes b****ing and moaning.
:laugh:
jk

Top Bottom