• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids of a regional tournament in Spain

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri

Staco

Smash Champion
lol europe is way behind in the metagame. They are actually fighting, LOL
This arent the best european players, there are better ones. ;)
And why are they behind the metagame, where is the problem with them? :o
Look all the new american vids of players like Ally, M2K etc.
Then youll see that fighting is the right way to win, not camping around. (only in a few MUs camping is really good)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I wouldn't say that without having fought us Staco,I'm positive Spain will be one of the countries with better placings in super Lyon.

and I know how to camp and plank if needed lol.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Spain is in Europe lol
Unless your trying to say something else? Its so hard to tell on the internet :ohwell:

EDIT: And this was some good stuff. Id would much rather watch entertaining matchs like this than camping. Keep playing the way you guys are. Though I really dont think America camps that much :ohwell: I mean M2K only does when hes in a tight spot which isnt too often cause ofhow good he is.

Staco

Smash Champion
Sry marc, I just said because this is one of the guys, which think american is way better than europe, lol.
I bet he would get ***** here.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Sry marc, I just said because this is one of the guys, which think american is way better than europe, lol.
I bet he would get ***** here.
Honestly, from where I'm from, the general community thinks Europe is back in the stone age. (smash-wise) I'm not saying thats my opinion, cuz I haven't actually played any competitive Europeans, or watched vids (well I watched a few vids).

Someone from Europe needs to come over here. Ally is canadian, he traveled super far to New Jersey. The problem is, there are no European big names. No one has ever heard of your European stars. Apparently you guys seem to know plenty of ours.

Oh and Take is a ridiculously good marth, so I doubt he would get ***** in Europe.

Edit: Btw, (I'm talking just about these vids, not all of Europe) if you don't have a MK or Snake in grand finals at a big tourney, then you really are way behind in the metagame.

Also, those IC's don't even know how to Desync. Does the Olimar not know what a pivot grab is?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Mikel has started playing IC for a week now, ofc he still doesn't get all the chaingrabs, but he picked them up the day before the tournament LOL.

There are some europeans going to Genesis.

Btw, (I'm talking just about these vids, not all of Europe) if you don't have a MK or Snake in grand finals at a big tourney, then you really are way behind in the metagame.
LOL,that's the most stupid sentence I've read today. like of all tournaments in America had one of these characters LOL. sometimes there are low tiers in grand finals in your tournaments. does that make your metagame worse? lol no.

Lionman

Smash Champion
There no many good Snakes and MK in Europe, most people in Europe plays for fun, Americans have more competitive spirit and I admire that.

I think Armada is our M2K

Marc & Grew can improve with their characters a lot.

I will assist this summer to my first tourneys and i will test Spain Brawl skill, if they cant beat my Falcon Easy that means Spain´s metagame is bad

PD: My english sucks

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
maybe i should have said "lulz you guys SUCK LMAO GET WRECKED ROFL ROFL" because that is what you read.

I could judge only by the fact the audience booed at falco CGing that you guys arent advanced in the metagame. Also by the fact that olimar can't tech a dair... i mean cmon... he got an extra 20-30 damage on like 3 different stocks because of it.....

But seriously, why so serious when an american makes a comment about your play? Dont get uptite, just get better.

EDIT: spain is in europe, idiots....

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
That tournament was not only a brawl tournament, there were people that had NEVER played and thought that the chaingrab required skill. I myself was surprised lol.

I appreciate critiques as I said, but a FOX PLAYER saying we suck because we aren't snake/MK makes no sense. at least we play good characters LOL.

other than that I haven't problems with what the rest of the people said, so let's calm down a bit D:

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
That tournament was not only a brawl tournament, there were people that had NEVER played and thought that the chaingrab required skill. I myself was surprised lol.

I appreciate critiques as I said, but a FOX PLAYER saying we suck because we aren't snake/MK makes no sense. at least we play good characters LOL.

other than that I haven't problems with what the rest of the people said, so let's calm down a bit D:
lmao dude, ruddy would 8 stock that trashy falco. Not even kidding.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I think his fox is pretty good, one of the best I've seen, but still, good or not he plays fox and said we sucked because there weren't MK/snakes in grand finals. that was the point, not if he was good or not.

when I said critique I meant constructive critique, instead of saying '' I would **** you'' , tell me what am I doing wrong that I seem so bad to you.

Suspect

Smash Hero
This arent the best european players, there are better ones. ;)
And why are they behind the metagame, where is the problem with them? :o
Look all the new american vids of players like Ally, M2K etc.
Then youll see that fighting is the right way to win, not camping around. (only in a few MUs camping is really good)
Truth

Also im so tired of people in America always putting other countries down "lol they suck, there metagame is behind, we will **** them" This always happens in the smash community for some reason.

I live in America but ill be in Guam soon, im looking forward to playing people over seas actually because everyone here camps or plays this game on a super gay level

Popertop

Smash Champion
It's not that you are doing anything wrong, Falco just isn't that great.

A lot of characters **** him now.

Even if the Falco plays as gay as possible, Marth Lucario and a few others can still **** him.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
It's not that you are doing anything wrong, Falco just isn't that great.

A lot of characters **** him now.

Even if the Falco plays as gay as possible, Marth Lucario and a few others can still **** him.
yep, I know he has more bad match-ups now D:

but I was talking about this

lmao dude, ruddy would 8 stock that trashy falco. Not even kidding
I assume that if he calls me trashy falco is that I suck and I have to improve a lot of things.I'm asking for those. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but if you are going to say I suck, tell me why do I suck, if not it's not really useful to say it ._.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
I think his fox is pretty good, one of the best I've seen, but still, good or not he plays fox and said we sucked because there weren't MK/snakes in grand finals. that was the point, not if he was good or not.

when I said critique I meant constructive critique, instead of saying '' I would **** you'' , tell me what am I doing wrong that I seem so bad to you.
Do you think Ruddy wins tournaments? No. In American, tournaments are completely dominated by Meta Knight, and to a lesser (but still noticeable) extent, Snake. Ruddy is an amazing player though. He consistently beats me in tournament, and I've seen him beat much better opponents. I've never seen someone play Fox with as much skill as he does. However, he plays Fox, so he doesn't win tournaments.

That's how it works in America, and if it doesn't work that way in Europe, we assume you are behind. Just because Ruddy doesn't play MK or Snake doesn't mean that they aren't always in the Grand Finals.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You guys can pretty much end your conversations. All of you are making horrible points and it's going to lead to nothing but a flame war. Seriously, cut it out.

This is a warning before I start infracting people.

Giving advice on the matches is fine, commenting on the matches is fine.

Flaming a country being you don't think they are good is NOT fine. If you want to critique their videos then do so, you don't need to insult them.

Everyone's been warned. Keep the topic on the subject of the videos, not flame wars between countries.

Blad01

Smash Lord
This was still and interesting discussion, Hylian :x

I notice that some of the people commenting on the vids here may have not noticed that this is a regional tournament (that means ~1/4 of the state here, very approximatively). When you say that MetaKnight and Snake dominate tournaments in America, you are probably talking about national or big tournaments, since I still see G&W, Falco, Diddy, DDD etc winning smaller tournaments.

So let's wait for SL4, to see how European metagame can be compared to American one. ^^ (For the moment, the 'european metagame' doesn't really exist, so we are behind for sure right now :p)

And on these vids, I was surprised that Miquel couldn't get the deadly CG on Falco (in the second vid, he could have done it)

On a side note, get a capture card Marc ;p (Or even send me, achoral or charby the replays)

(Edit : Oh and this was what I was talking about : The impossibility to make a worldwide tier list based both on america, european (and japanese) metagames... )

Greward

Smash Lord
First of all, it was not a regional tourney, it was a random tourney were people who wanted to play at SFIV put brawl and other games for having sponsors. Some good players like joannett and others weren't there.
Marc, i dont know why u put these videos here, they still arent on the spanish boards ._. the matches were played on a projector (is projector the fine word?) and we werent looking a TV, we were playing looking the large projector screen and ofc it was laggy (its not a john, i played horribly on GF, prbably my worst matches on a lot of time, and marcbri deserved to won) and why u put these videos on the swf while u havent put videos of our national? the only reason i know is that how u pwned me, u wanted to show all teh world how good u are.
All the audience were random noobs except 2-3 players, and a lot hadnt played brawl.
It was mikel's first week playing ICs as second mains and he still dont do the chaingrabs well. Ofc how it was a not important tourney he trained them.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
lol I put the vids of the national, they're probably on the second page of this subboard.

other than that, yes you played like crap, and no I didn't post the vids to show how good I am , I just thought I'd put all I had to see if people liked it ( and as I said, vids of the national are in this board, so I dunno why are you so upset).

can we please stop arguing -.-?

Kly

Smash Rookie
Wait SuperLion son,
I will show you a Snake in Grand Finals ;)

:laugh:

Staco

Smash Champion
Wo just dont have as much players as America.
Thats why we dont have got only Top/High Tiers winning tournaments.
And because of that a lot of people neednt to play Top/Highs to win and because of that we get less Top/Highs used.
Its a devil circle.
Atm Armadas Shiek is the best Shiek I have seen so far if I analyze videos. I dont know any american Shiek who plays Shiek as good as he does (from the videos I have seen). So wheres the problem of europeans? They can be good, too.

And you tell us to tech Meteor Dairs from Falco etc.
If I dont watch Ally or M2K (and of course some other very good players) vids the american players dont do it better.
Watch some vids of American ordinary players who arent Ally or M2K and they wont do better in any way. ;)

Some of the europeans still played americans WiFi. Sure, its WiFi but they played Ally (one of the best american WiFi players) and the connection was really good (everyone who played Ally knows his good connection) and they didnt do that bad. (some of them lost to Ally only 2:1 in a bo3 set)

Its funny how some americans think they are always the best. A lot of them think America > Japanese, but watch the vids of the japanese, some of them are playing way better and are using tricks, that I never saw some American using.
Dont think you are better if the american top players never really played the japanese or european top players.
And that doesnt mean to play only a single set between two good players. That means that a lot of american top players have to play european/japanese top players.

Before that dont think you are better, because you arent. There isnt any proof. The way which the japanese are playing seems to be legit and they have a very good playstyle.

And europe isnt far behind the american metagame, I dont see something special in the american playstyles, what europeans arent doing.

Stop overrate yourself without having any proof. This sentence is for anyone (America, Europe, Japanese, every single player).

I didnt want to get a big discussion after my comment, I just saw another example of somebody overrating himself without any proof.

One thing for the lulz:
Cash Money (american) went to a big Melee tourney in europe and he did really bad. Omg, wtf, europe ***** america. haha xD *ironic*

And that doesnt mean to play only a single set between two good players. That means that a lot of american top players have to play european/japanese top players.

Pls dont answer to my post in any way.
If you want to talk to me PM, AIM or MSN me.
Hylian said that we shall stop this stupid discussion. We dont get any proves and thats it. ;)
At the moment nobody should care who is better. Its just a game to have fun with and maybe making some money.
B2T!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I said...stop? You cant just post after I said stop and tell people not to respond to you...you shouldn't of posted that in the first place. It's just begging for a flame war and doesn't have anything to do with the videos.

Please get on topic.

Top Bottom