• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I'm just gonna soak all this up and say...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Link to original post: [drupal=1728]So I'm just gonna soak all this up and say...[/drupal]

Seeing as how I like to make the most of this stuff, I'm just gonna write another blog... also since apparently nobody reads my blogs, I have even MOAR! freedom to write about whatever I want... Awww riiiiieeeeeeet!!!!!

Still, Instead of just making a simple spam blog that just said "get *****", I'll see if I can make something out of this, for anybody who is curious.

So yeah, this first one goes out to all you n****s using Sonic and doing stuff with him. We got what was supposed to be the 5th worst character in Brawl, to a mid-tier character. Everyone of us set an example as to what can be done with enough dedication and determination. I never once doubted that it would come to this, and I in fact anticipated this huge jump... right to where he belongs (although he's still below Fox, and only one spot below Wolf (which was actually a surprise to me)).

Though celebrations must be short-lived, for if you let your guard down, the next thing you know you might end up in a worse place. I'm not going to lie to any of you to which this concerns, it's not going to be easy to make Sonic rise anymore, let alone maintain his spot. We will still have to keep placing where we do and better, and we cannot let ourselves fall behind of who we are currently outplacing. Not only this but other characters' metagames will evolve, whether we want them to or not, so we will have to keep busting out new stuff so long as our competitors do, that's just a part of natural selection.

There will be many hardships, if any of you keep recent, apparently MalcolmM, one of our best representatives, is going to drop Sonic because he believes that he is too high. That's fine, as he is entitled to his opinion, but if you are like me where you can't help but disagree with him, then you better refute him the right way; Going to tournaments and making up for his absence. This will be no easy task, he is going to leave a lot to be done, but hey if we've made it this far why can't we keep going? You can also consider Espy a good-bye too, since he is "considering" following Malcolm in his footsteps... no matter though, again just don't get too upset.

Now why should Sonic's placement really matter to you other than character pride? In truth, it doesn't, and it shouldn't but let me see if I can give you my perspective:

I look at the tier list not so much for what it is suppose to be, but as something to look forward to and to keep a tally of your/our/the game's progression. I personally love this jump, but I will not stop until somehow, someway Sonic is the best character this game has to offer. Hopeless dream you say? I won't say that's not a possibility, but there's no harm in trying to take your game further now is there?

Until that happens, I'll try and make this list concerning Sonic's placement as correct as possible, and right now it can't get much more accurate than where he stands at this point in time.

Let me also tell you this. To anybody who doubts, don't pay (too much) heed to them. If you're about as passionate as I am, go take a really good look at the Mario/Ness boards tier list thread, you'll sjust see the bias/hate coming from it. Want to know how to take their "criticism?" Just take it as more reason to keep pressing forward. Now of course you got to be realistic (even if others aren't) and understand that sometimes no matter how much you work, you might not get the credit for it. Again I'll refer you to the same threads for not getting credit where it's due... want to know how to respond to the naysayers? Simple:

"get

@#$%ing

*****."

And you know why you want to say that (that's right, I'm also calling you people who doubt out)? Because apparently the Smash Back Room has finally understood where at least this one character stands. For other people who are angry about this, just complaining is one way to vent that they didn't/cant get what they want. Again that's right, this is a matter of taking credit where it's due. Where these boards are mad for this one character to surpass what they could even hope to achieve, it's just them being insecure of their failure to do what you/we could do. You know you're doing something right when people are jealous of what has been done and they can't do it.

However I'll admit not all people/boards are like this... Wanna know another coupe of fine examples of what were suppose to be a bad character but has been proven otherwise? Take a good hard look at Pokemon Trainer and Lucas. Where other people/boards would complain about they should be higher, others were also hard at work trying to just get around. Where many thought that Ness > Lucas and said/did nothing more, the people who were demeaned were more than looking forward to proving to everybody that was not true. Did they look up to us as an example...? Probably not, but they themselves can be role models. To both I say "good @#$%", especially to the Lucas boards, I knew you guys could do it!

...Hehe... now that I think about it, I can't but wonder how the Mario/Ness boards are taking this; they were probably mad enough that they had Sonic to deal with, but now these two? Oh that just HAD to infuriate them. XD Oh well, if any of them are reading this, I would deeply enjoy their response, whether it come down to a flame war, or they actually stop to think and actually do what we did and get things done, it doesn't matter. I've already stated why I look forward to this kind of future.

...Still I can't help but shake this feeling that Sonic is going to drop (and with somewhat good reason!)...

If there's one problem about prejudice and competition, it's that people will now probably be looking for any possible way to get back on top, whereas we are still yet alone in our struggle with a somewhat new purpose (Hell, I would be happy to just see Sonic keep his spot in the next tier list by this point!). Things may seem grim but if you let this get to you then all hope is lost...

I am very pleased that Sonic is in mid-tier, but I can't help but be sad now that any future low-tier tourneys will not allow him... for easy money anyway! XD But oh well, looks like I have a reason to start picking up Ike again... or maybe the Bowsers might just have a new benchwarmer... hehe!

And finally, I want to thank the False SBR (Smash Back Room)(even though none of you will read this). It's good to know that all my/our efforts are not going to waste, and with this list I have set a new goal (or the same one but with more emphasis) to take my smash career further than before I have looked overt he list! I know I bash you guys at any possible chance, but please understand that I respect all of you as human beings and that I appreciate all your hard work... TBH your "encouragement" -if you will- actually pushed me and others to prove you wrong in the first place... now that I see we've done that, it looks like we can get along even better now huh? =)

...Yeah, I think this just pretty much says how I feel about this whole thing, If I left out anything I might've already said it elsewhere/will say it eventually, and if any new ideas arise, be it from my own train of thoguht or from other people... well then we'll just go from there.

Let's have a fantastic Summer huh guys?!

Frown

poekmon
Sonic's placement on the tier list is serious business.

It's so serious, you have to write an essay about it.

Writing a lot is a good thing I guess, but this is a little silly. I mean, you could have practiced playing the piano or something.

I didn't read it btw.

lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Eye new et, no buddy reads a mah blawgzuh. D:

But try reading it though, I even made a mention that a tier list is is NOT srs bzns.

And I know that I could play the piano or do other creative stuff, but hey that's a choice I made, I don't regret it, and I love the peers around me.

Browny

Smash Hater
I read it :)

Sonic's placement to me, and the tier list in general, is ALWAYS a good thing as it forces people to become educated, having as many informed people on smashboards as possible is the most important thing we should all strive for.

When he was 5th from bottom, matchup threads were painful to read. People come in with the notions 'why is sonic bottom tier? it must be because he has no range, no priority'. Many characters matchup threads were like this.

now in mid tier, people will go in thinking 'what good traits does he have that warrants him this high'.
Instead of discussing various ways to spam dtilt the entire game, maybe people will start to discuss meaningful things like how to actually edgeguard sonic, since dair spiking above where his spring will send him (epic strat right there) clearly wont work against good players

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Good read man.
Like you said though, it's now a case of proving he deserves that place.

Still, it isn't all well and good is it?
I didn't know C was a synonym for Steak, you shouldn't be celebrating. ;)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Sonic's new placement is not suprising. If you're actually celebrating a character's placement on a tier list, you're emotionally invested, thus, mad immature and/or a complete ******.

bobson

Smash Lord
YOU'LL GO DOWN NEXT TIME, SONICS, IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DOOOOOOOOooooo

Browny

Smash Hater
I'm curious how Sonic moved up so quickly, I'm guessing there's a metagame with him that I overlooked?
case in point

hopefully now the days of people assuming Sonics only approach is side b are dying once and for all

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I'm proud of you Sonics. I always liked you guys. Besides, you're still below us :p

(BTW, the image is in celebration of Other M... I'm still a Kirby main)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
YOU'LL GO DOWN NEXT TIME, SONICS, IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DOOOOOOOOooooo
this guy is automatically awesome for pretending to fall down a cliff while typing in all caps. +10 steak. congrats. you are the first mario to gain this.

I'm gonna lrn mario and weegee btw. could use help...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This guy.
I'm telling you, nobody reads my blogs.

but that's okay, it's much easier to just act instead of think isn't it?

Also Bobson is awesome.

So is Straked.

Yes I just namedropped, it's all good.

Edit: Add Matador to that list of cool Mario mains.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You're welcome.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I read all of it, man. And I see there's a lot of mixed emotions about Sonic's spot on the tier list. I think he's earned that spot, Sonic has some amazing tournament placings, mainly due to top-notch players. I think you guys can just shake off any negative comments about Sonic not deserving his place. As for me, this whole thing only further inspired me to work on my trash Sonic.

Although I'd actually be pretty bummed if Mario or Ness made it out of low tier. Like you, I love using my character in low tier tournies.

Good ****, Sonic mains.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I read all of it, man. And I see there's a lot of mixed emotions about Sonic's spot on the tier list. I think he's earned that spot, Sonic has some amazing tournament placings, mainly due to top-notch players. I think you guys can just shake off any negative comments about Sonic not deserving his place. As for me, this whole thing only further inspired me to work on my trash Sonic.

Although I'd actually be pretty bummed if Mario or Ness made it out of low tier. Like you, I love using my character in low tier tournies.

Good ****, Sonic mains.
Someone searches name :mad:
yes though good stuff guys, it's all i hear about now, sonic mains going up on the tier list.
so congratz :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Searches names? Surprisingly, no.

All the results came up in OTL, and that was 2 months ago. :bee:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oey. Whenever I see Hylian in a thread I can't help but assume it got closed.

I'm gonna go ahead and add BoXseven, N.Ness, and Clinton to the list... I'm pretty sure there's absolutely nobody else to put there except JWNED except none of you know who he is and he probably won't ever se this

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Really? Whenever I see Xiivi as the last post, that's usually the case.

Top Bottom