• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/20/2009 RENEGADE PRESENTS: CIVIL WAR! Richmond, VA

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Who's the best? NOVA? SOVA? NC? MD? Two guys from Richmond? Well, we're going to set up a neutral battleground for feuds to be settled and blood spilled at:

RICHMOND'S CIVIL WAR!

Venue: Southern Stove Lofts Community Room
1215 Hermitage Rd
Richmond VA 23220

Directions

From I-95/I-64, take exit 76B towards Belvidere. Turn right on Belvidere and right onto Broad Street. Go past the Siegel Center. Turn right on Hermitage. We’re ahead on the right. Or, from Monument Avenue, turn north on Meadow, which becomes Hermitage. We are at the north east corner of Hermitage and Leigh St., two blocks north of Broad St.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Southern+Stove+Lofts+1215+Hermitage+Rd.+Richmond,+VA+23220&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.15347,75.9375&ie=UTF8&ll=37.561708,-77.459643&spn=0.011856,0.018539&z=16&iwloc=A

PARKING

YOU CANNOT PARK IN THE SPACES FOR RESIDENTS, YOU MUST PARK IN THE GUEST LOT (GRAVEL) or ACROSS THE STREET IN TODD LOFTS GUEST LOT, or BE CREATIVE AND FIND YOUR OWN

Date: June 20th

Venue Fee: 10$

System Selection: due to low numbers of PS3's, xbox's can and will be used to fill the void. HOWEVER, if there is a dispute about system selection that cannot be resolved between the players, PS3 is the default system, so be prepared. I will have two dual modded sticks that people can borrow, and I'm sure there will be TE's floating around.

Dual mod your sticks, for mother russia. Contact Faight for details.

Tourneys:

11am- Smash Brawl Singles 10$ Wii
-Recommended Ruleset will be used. They are posted in this forum. Don't you know them by now?

12pm- Guilty Gear: Accent Core: PS2 10$

1pm- Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix 10$ (360/PS3)
-Akuma is banned
-160$ pot guaruntee

2pm: Street Fighter 4 Singles 10$ PS3/360

SPECIAL EVENT: CIVIL WAR!
SF4 Regional team battles.
3v3
No entry fee (side betting on yourself is permissible)
Suggestions of teams are welcome, but Final team composition and # of teams is left to the discretion of the tournament director (me) for purposes of hype and time.

So far there will be: RVA, SOVA, NOVA, MD, NC, PHI.

-PLEASE PRE-REGISTER by leaving your name and games you are interested in. I will also take early payments via paypal (palmra@gmail.com)

Here's hoping it will be orderly, hype, and fun for everyone.

btw. any game that is set to be run: I will GUARANTEE to provide at least one, non laggy setup with all features unlocked. People donating setups is appreciated, but I will at least make sure all games can be run.

To Smashers: I know 11am is a little early for a start time, but it ensures maximum resources for all games and limits overcrowding (if it gets THAT huge). Besides, you guys have always been on time.

PRE REG LIST:

1. Shakir
2. Gennaro
3. Harris
4. Tope
5. The Fear
6. Miso
7. Hundreds of Utilts

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Just singles? I don't wanna drive all the way here for just singles X_X, but maybe I would go if there was teams
Yeah, man. I know what you're saying. Singles/Teams go together hand in hand.

It's just a time/resource thing. With the resources I currently have (several wii's+ TV's), I can run a singles tournament in a few hours.

I just have a cardinal rule: don't plan something that I'm not positive will run.

Until I'm sure on setups/entrants and all of that, I cannot promise a team tournament given the nature of the other tournaments I'm running.

If time/space/resources permit, I am totally for a player run teams or crew battles.

EDIT: Due to the theme of the event: I'm much more in favor of regional crew battles, and would try to get something like that going.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow this venue is literally 4 blocks from my place, id be willing to house people :)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just a heads up: I don't think you'll get a lot of Brawl players for this event. Since G-reg put a C3 on this date, the majority of MD/VA will be there simply because of familiarity and location. I would suggest removing Brawl and making more room for the other games (or adding another game).

Btw, do you know if Exist figured out when the next SF4 @ C3 will be?

Miso

Smash Cadet
yea this is like 20 minutes away from me. i can definitely bring myself and one other

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up: I don't think you'll get a lot of Brawl players for this event. Since G-reg put a C3 on this date, the majority of MD/VA will be there simply because of familiarity and location. I would suggest removing Brawl and making more room for the other games (or adding another game).

Btw, do you know if Exist figured out when the next SF4 @ C3 will be?
Yeah, it's posted up.

I understand your concern, Omni. And thanks! Believe me, I asked about C3 and was shot down by G-reg.

I guess this will be for local Richmonders and SOVA. Sometimes not having a huge tourney is a good thing.

I'm not cancelling, and Brawl is on!

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm interested. But there is a high chance I can't come. I'm saving for a trip to NC.

No Melee? I'm still interested in comming for the SF segments. I'll let people know what's up.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I used to room w/ Eric last year. He trained me in 3rd Strike, then TVC/SF4 when it came out, haven't seen him since magfest.

The Fear

Smash Cadet
I can bring a wii if you need another set up, I may be able to bring a TV also if it will allow a better chance for teams, I been in stove top before, dont you need a code to get into the building?

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a wii if you need another set up, I may be able to bring a TV also if it will allow a better chance for teams, I been in stove top before, dont you need a code to get into the building?
Bring a setup if you can, helps w/ casuals and whatnot.

You do need a code, however, we'll have someone at the door and probably keep it propped open.

Top Bottom