• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Matchup

gallax

Smash Hero
Ganondorf

General Discussion

Soon to Come

Pika's Advantages

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pika's Disadvantages

Strategy for Winning

Helpful Video's

Overall Matchup

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Pikachu easily has the advantage here. Easy to CG. Pika's recovery > Ganny's recovery. Thunder Jolt gimps. K.O. moves are easy to dodge/punish. etc.

Although watch out for his side-b whether he's on or off the stage.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf gets ***** by projectiles. Pikachu's thunderjolt is a great projectile.

You can conclude that Pikachu ***** Ganondorf through syllogism. Ah, AP English Language and Composition... you never cease to fail me.

But honestly, you have the clear advantage. Projectile spamming is your friend here. The only disadvantage is that Pika is really light and Ganondorf hits like a truck.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Out of the 3 above posts, I have determined that I will help later and also get the Ganon mains in here....
Yeah, all of our matchup threads need some contributors. I'd assumed Gallax advertised them to the other boards, but I guess I was wrong.

I'll try to write something soon.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Pika's advantage is obvious here.
Chaingrabbing and projectiles own ganon pretty hard.
But ganon does have his godlike dash attack and u-air. Does his u-air beat pika's d-air? I don't want to check it.
Killing ganondorf may be a bit hard, u'll have to resort to gimps and such. Dodging ganon d-air isn't as easy as u may think.
I don't have much experience on this matchup but i will play it today to test it.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I would have to say that this is probably around 80:20 in Pikachu's favour.

My reasoning? Well, for a start, basically any projectile in the game shuts down a good deal of his approaches, and that includes Thunder Jolt, and subsequently also forces him to approach you at the same time. He's slow in the air and falls like a rock, so he probably won't be reaching you that easily. Thudner can also be useful if mixed in occasionally.

As well as that, Ganondorf is very easy to chaingrab as well, considering how heavy he is and how fast he falls. Not to mention he's easy to combo with UTilt and Uair as well. Our aerials also out-prioritise most everything that he has on us. SH Fairs and Nairs against Ganondorf are TOO good!

Not to mention the fact that his attacks are slower than a snail going through treacle while having glue poured onto it... um, yeah. On the other hand, if you DO get hit, it will hurt, so make sure to stay focused consistently. His forward B is also pretty annoying, so make sure you avoid that too. Otherwise, this is definitely a great matchup for Pikachu.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
IIRC Ftilt will cancel with thunderjolt with small/no lag. So thunderjolt spam won't work as awesome as you all think it will. Hell, I think jab cancels as well but it's harder to time.

So your only real thread is aerial thunderjolts.

Chaingrabbing is your largest advantage. It's 2 good.. but if you camp, no CG. ;) so your choice.

But I'd have to agree the CG wrecks us Ganon and we're not exactly hard to grab like Wario. So 80:20 Pika

Doormat Buster

Smash Rookie
I agree that in this match up is in pikachu's favor, as pikachu has plenty of speed to burn and can get away from Ganondorf when he does move in. Plenty of Thunder Jolts mixed in with Pikachu's upward smash and also mixing fully charged skull bashes will be Ganondorf's undoing. Thunder can be used as well if you hit and run with it.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
It's the chain grab that really adds a few points to a matchup that would already well be in Pikachu's favor.

the only problem is unless pikachu gets some thunder trixies, Ganondorf is hard to kill. I regularly survive up smashes at fairly high %s.

I have no idea how well pikachu can gimp, though. The pikachus I play rarely try it.

Top Bottom