• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Matchup

gallax

Smash Hero
Sheik

General Discussion

Soon to Come

Pika's Advantages

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pika's Disadvantages

Strategy for Winning

Helpful Video's

Overall Matchup

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Sheik is heavy enough to get CG'd. However, watch out for her massive camp skills (needles <.<).

Overall, Pika still has the advantage.

King~

Smash Champion
looking past the CG its a very interesting/fun MU

sheik is fast enough to punish pikas mistakes first off, so dont go all wild tryin crap.

shes also fast enough o get away and space moves better imo.

upsmash kills early if sweetspotted, it canbe comboed into. L2DIFtilt

sheiks aerials are weird to me because they have lingering hitboxs. but most of them can be shield grabbed or punished with an OOS option.

i tried ducking under needles but no luck=/ but that jus means approching on the ground can be punished in a minor to medium way?????? and we have tjolt approaches which i think needles still go through

sheik isnt good at killing unless you mess up, now i know pika isnt either but hes better than shiek.

60-40 pika

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Lol Looking past the CG???
That's like playing Fox vs Sheik and Saying "Looking past the tilt lock".

Pikachu beat's Sheik pretty bad.
He's just as fast, stronger attacks, better recovery and not to mention the chaingrab that goes to past 50% I'm pretty sure.

Just hop on the edge as soon as she's knocked off and if she chain's too late shes dead and if she notices you on the edge before she chain's she'll be forced to vanish on stage and she can be punished..

Pikachu can camp her with Thunder Jolt, she can attempt needles but they aren't likely to hit if Pikachu is jumping while using Thunder Jolt.

The mest sheik has is punishing a missed D smash or Side smash with her speed.

This is one of her worse MU's imo.
35-65 Pikachu.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Ok, Fuujin, how do you plan to get the initial grab? I think a lot of what we ignore in these matchups is mindset. A normal character without a cg may be able to easily land a grab on a Shiek player because Sheik isn't watching out for it nearly as much. But with Pikachu, a Sheik player will just be incredibly careful and defensive the whole time forcing Pikachu to approach if he wants the grab, and this could definitely lead to the Pika player being overaggressive and getting punished badly for it.

I guess my point is, if you're only focused on getting the cg, then the Sheik player shouldn't have a very difficult time avoiding the predictable grabs and kicking the Pika player's @$$

-Mars-

Smash Hero
sheik isnt good at killing unless you mess up, now i know pika isnt either but hes better than shiek.
60-40 pika
Sheik has GR>DACUS on Pika......so yea you don't really have the advantage in the KO department in this matchup.

I agree with the ratio though.

Lol Looking past the CG???
That's like playing Fox vs Sheik and Saying "Looking past the tilt lock".

Pikachu beat's Sheik pretty bad.
He's just as fast, stronger attacks, better recovery and not to mention the chaingrab that goes to past 50% I'm pretty sure.

Just hop on the edge as soon as she's knocked off and if she chain's too late shes dead and if she notices you on the edge before she chain's she'll be forced to vanish on stage and she can be punished..

Pikachu can camp her with Thunder Jolt, she can attempt needles but they aren't likely to hit if Pikachu is jumping while using Thunder Jolt.

The mest sheik has is punishing a missed D smash or Side smash with her speed.

This is one of her worse MU's imo.
35-65 Pikachu.
This post kinda made me chuckle a bit.

Avoiding a grab is not that hard if you're really attempting to avoid it. Pika doesn't really have amazing grab range either so yea.

We can even just pull out the chain and let you hit us with tjolts until we are around 50% if we really feel like it. From my experiences though it isn't terribly hard to avoid the grab as long as I have some platforms to work with.

We're not going to shoot needle storms when your in the air......needles are used to cover landings......so if you jump while shooting a tjolt just be aware that you have to come down and get the landing frames.

Sheik has to avoid a grab at low percentages and you have to avoid a grab at high percentages.

Sheik has a lot more range than Pikachu(I realize this is probably the case in most of his matchups).

Bair is safe on block.

Sheiks recovery is mediocre so take advantage of that.

Pikachu ftilts really well. whoever said something earlier about DI'ing ftilt.....i'm assuming you mean DI'ing correctly towards Sheik....and I can still just turn around and continue ftilting....it's a true lock after 30%. One missed grab could equal 40-50% for you so be cautious and only attempt grabs to punish mistakes.

60-40 Pikachu imo.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Again, this thread is ridiculously outdated, soooo.... :dizzy:

But uh. Thanks for the updated tips and stuff.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
oh whoops didn't check all that lol your guys' matchup discussions suck i figured it was new or something lol.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Avoiding a grab is not that hard if you're really attempting to avoid it. Pika doesn't really have amazing grab range either so yea.

We can even just pull out the chain and let you hit us with tjolts until we are around 50% if we really feel like it. From my experiences though it isn't terribly hard to avoid the grab as long as I have some platforms to work with.

We're not going to shoot needle storms when your in the air......needles are used to cover landings......so if you jump while shooting a tjolt just be aware that you have to come down and get the landing frames.

Sheik has to avoid a grab at low percentages and you have to avoid a grab at high percentages.
I agree avoiding grabs isn't hard. But anyone can get at least one off in a match. Even the most inexperienced player fighting a very knowledgeable person can get at least one grab in.

And the using needles on our landing won't always work on the first jolt. By this I mean it becomes a mix up game. pika can do an early fh jolt and double jump at a height that would keep him out of harm from the needles. This second jump can be used to throw another jolt or to qa towards you while the jolt goes toward you as well. The mix up comes into play when you

1) try to throw it on the first jolt jump or
2) throw the needles on the second

Keep in mind a qa can be done after the first or the second jump jolts. Needles are very good for the purpose you stated though. Just wanted to clear up that it's not a freebie on pika's fh jolt. I hardly ever do the regular fh jolts anymore.

I probably should've posted this when I wasn't tired as hell.

I'm sure it looks like a big pile of poop

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I agree avoiding grabs isn't hard. But anyone can get at least one off in a match. Even the most inexperienced player fighting a very knowledgeable person can get at least one grab in.

And the using needles on our landing won't always work on the first jolt. By this I mean it becomes a mix up game. pika can do an early fh jolt and double jump at a height that would keep him out of harm from the needles. This second jump can be used to throw another jolt or to qa towards you while the jolt goes toward you as well. The mix up comes into play when you

1) try to throw it on the first jolt jump or
2) throw the needles on the second

Keep in mind a qa can be done after the first or the second jump jolts. Needles are very good for the purpose you stated though. Just wanted to clear up that it's not a freebie on pika's fh jolt. I hardly ever do the regular fh jolts anymore.

I probably should've posted this when I wasn't tired as hell.

I'm sure it looks like a big pile of poop
As he said if the Pikachu is good enough he/she is going to get at least one grab in.
This is the same mentality people have against the IC's, it's almost impossible to avoid getting grabbed during the match even if he has poor grab range.
When Sheik needs to kill shell be using Vanish or Dacus, maybe side smash.
Unless you get faked out by Vanish just interrupt Dacus with Thunder Jolt or block and theres your free grab.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I guess my point is that it's not that easy to land a grab when they are expecting it. Pika's grab range is not very good. I can't tell you how many Pikas I've seen face a good Sheik and get killed because they are focusing so much on grabbing.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
As he said if the Pikachu is good enough he/she is going to get at least one grab in.
This is the same mentality people have against the IC's, it's almost impossible to avoid getting grabbed during the match even if he has poor grab range.
When Sheik needs to kill shell be using Vanish or Dacus, maybe side smash.
Unless you get faked out by Vanish just interrupt Dacus with Thunder Jolt or block and theres your free grab.
Uh no.

I never use side smash unless on accident lol.

If Sheik can't kill pika before 150% with GR>DACUS then she will most likely use the strong hits of bair or nair to kill. Dsmash can kill as well at really high percents.

And there is no reason for me to randomly DACUS when I know you're looking for a grab so yea.

Top Bottom