• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL ROB MATCHUP DISCUSSION: Peach

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Didnt we just do peach?
Imo peach is a 55-45 for RoB.
Its close to even but Projectiles and knowing to shield the full Dair ->slap combo helps tons ;3
Also lack of kill moves on peaches side leads to RoB living to 6545678% As long as we are making peach approach we have the advantage ;3.
Stage wise; FD is good. Mansion or lylat as a cp
Not really sure what to ban :o
maybe Battlefield?

Landry

Smash Ace
The Peach boards have us at 50-50. I sort of feel like we've got a bit of an advantage, 55-45, but this matchup could go either way. If ROB get's Peach off the stage you've gotta use your projectiles to keep her there. Your lazer pretty much nullifies her floating ability. When Peach is grounded, though, she can use Toad to stop most of what you throw at her. Get in there, Dsmash, then force her to the edge. This is kind of typical of ROB, but he has the advantage in the air IF he's under or even with her, if she's under you ROB is gonna get juggled hard. If you ever find yourself above a grounded Peach do yourself a favor and don't try to just come down, get off the edge of the stage and come from the side. Make sure to watch out for their Dair, they love using that to start strings of combos. Because Peach is a character who isn't played too much (at least from what I've seen) I'd recommend trying to watch some of your opponents matches if you get the chance, just to get comfortable with their play style. All in all I'd say probably 55-45 ROB, but make sure you know Peach's play style or you'll be taken by surprise.

Teh Future

Smash Master
fair ***** her approaches. She is pretty easy to kill once she is offstage too. If they are using counter offstage you can bait it and then **** them afterwards with bair.

Peach shouldnt really have problems killing ROB though as long as fair isnt stale.

Dont get hit by upsmash it will kill you at like 100 if it sweetspots.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
fair ***** her approaches. She is pretty easy to kill once she is offstage too. If they are using counter offstage you can bait it and then **** them afterwards with bair.

Peach shouldnt really have problems killing ROB though as long as fair isnt stale.

Dont get hit by upsmash it will kill you at like 100 if it sweetspots.
What is this?

Peach is surprisingly difficult to kill off-stage, since her float allows her to recover from any distance and/or stall for time if ROB is floating off-stage in wait. You also can't edgehog her Up-B because she floats down too slowly and the umbrella hitbox knocks you off the ledge. Trying to bait Toad is like 50/50 between success and getting knocked away by FAir, the only reliable means of harassing her off-stage is a strong Laser or charged Gyro.

Peach absolutely should have trouble killing ROB. Peach has trouble killing everyone except Wario. Her garbage killing power (and no edgeguard) is part of what makes her a mediocre character. She can't really avoid staling the crap out of her FAir either because it's her only attack that can outspace ROB and, of course, the USmash is very difficult to land.

Since you got me started, I might as well put my two cents in on the match-up. I'm not sure I can be of much help, though, since I've only faced one Peach player before and they won. :/ (With more experience, though, I can certainly believe it would be even-ish.) But really, ROB's projectiles can shut down her floating game and even mediocre spacing beats everything she has except FAir. Don't give her the chance to start anything with DAir, shoot her out of the air if she tries to float in or smack her in the face before she can short hop it if she's close.

The only big thing to watch out for is glide toss approaching with turnips. You can't just throw out attacks to put a hitbox in front of you, as the turnips will just hit your extended hurtbox and Peach will punish. (This is what got me against said Peach player!) Time your attack to grab it out of the air or jump over it when thrown. It's like a bad version of Diddy's banana setup, luckily she can't land a kill move off it either.

Since it was mentioned, I don't like Mansion against Peach... though I think that's usually banned outside of the Midwest anyway. :/ There's not much that ROB can abuse on Mansion against Peach. She already gets out-camped and can't kill worth a crap, Mansion just gives HER a chance to live longer and make the game closer than it needs to be. Stick to a big stage or the usual CP stages of choice for ROB.

Top Bottom