• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRANSFORMERS 2: Revenge of the Fallen disc

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Anyone want to see this as a group at IMAX? Post your interest and the day you'd want to see it on, and I can arrange a group booking. It may be possible to tie this into an N2C meeting if people want it that way.

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen - The IMAX Experience will feature six sequences filmed with IMAX® cameras. This marks the second time ever (after The Dark Knight) that a major feature film has been partially shot using IMAX cameras. This stunning integration of the two film formats will translate into full screen images in film based IMAX theatres. At IMAX Melbourne Museum it will translate into Transformers 2 images that will fill the 32 meter x 23 meter screen (the World's 3rd Largest Screen).

In an interview with MTV, director Michael Bay spills more info on the IMAX version of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen – The IMAX Experience:

“You will see Devastator in IMAX,” Bay said of the massive Decepticon, glimpsed in the trailer and formed when several Decepticons come together. “You heard it here first.”
“[Several scenes] are going to be on IMAX, which is awesome,” Bay explained. “Some of our main scenes were shot with IMAX cameras, so the screen will pop wide [if you see the film in an IMAX theater]. It’s the first movie to do serious digital effects in IMAX quality.”

Friday, 26 June 2009
11:30 PM TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen (NFT)

https://www.venuetickets.com.au/web_v3/booking_eventTemplate.jsp?cinecode=11110704|11

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
hmmm... im thinking Saturday, if you wanted everyone to come in the day, Or everyone could come out Friday noonish-night, since people will have school, work ect ect

kupo

Smash Lord
Oooo a movie day/night out

I'd do a friday/saturday any day. I'm freeeeeeeeee from weekend tafes! I'll see if I can drag cella along. :D

lookin' forward to seeing all of you's again :). feels like forever!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
seeing it the day it comes out, at vmax.

if it's amazing (unlikely) then ill come to imax too

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
IMAX has more stuff to it than the standard screenings so why waste your money at Vmax?!

Hi Milly! Look forward to seeing you again. :) Cella too?! Toooooo good! <3

Friday evening looks like a goer. I prefer the 8.40pm session! 5.50pm is a too early for me as I have another nice dinner to attend to that night in the Docks. :)

Can everybody agree to that?

Looks like we got something good goin' on here.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
There's chance I could be in Melbourne at this time, so I might be up for this, provided it's not on the thursday. =P

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
well meteor did do the most impressive ko in lansmash crews that ive ever seen... and apparently the vid will be up soon :D

imax should be fine, ill try to get get tibs to come to...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well meteor did do the most impressive ko in lansmash crews that ive ever seen... and apparently the vid will be up soon :D

imax should be fine, ill try to get get tibs to come to...
he also DI'ed the hit from a clap trap so that he went upwards.

meteor is ****ing amazing fullstop

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Saturday is the best day for me.

Otherwise for Friday it'd have to be later than 7pm + time taken to station then to city or 11:30 @_@

Transformers woo!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Most of the opening weekend sessions at IMAX are already sold out!

Is everyone cool with seeing this on Friday at 11.30pm? You'll get out late but the Nightriders can get people home.

https://www.venuetickets.com.au/web_v3/booking_eventTemplate.jsp?cinecode=11110704|11

You can buy your tickets here and there are no allocated seats.

So is everyone cool with the late night Friday session? I think this is our best chance of getting seats. I'll need everybody's response by tonight, so that everyone can start purchasing their tickets.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I can come to this but isnt 11:30pm a lil but late? =/ I wont be aloud to catch a train back home from those times.. eh well thats my opinion anyways... possible a bit earlier?

Ant1

Smash Ace
I have free tickets to an imax theatre, but for some wierd reason this film is only being shown in select imax theatres. Can anyone think of a reason for this? I mean it's a blockbuster so it should be shown in all imax theatres.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Im all good for this friday. Do we buy tickets for ourselves online?
Yes. Do it now. Before it's too late. I purposely chose the late session cus it boosts our chances of getting a seat. And all the earlier sessions are sold out.

I can come to this but isnt 11:30pm a lil but late? =/ I wont be aloud to catch a train back home from those times.. eh well thats my opinion anyways... possible a bit earlier?
See above for the decision of the session time.

hrmmm,
this will make getting home without a car frustrating.
Behold:
http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/maps-stations-stops/after-midnight-buses-nightrider
Leaves Swanston Street every 30 minutes between 1.30am and 4.30am even TO BELGRAVE.

Awesome, most likely will be coming.
Sam's coming with me (you can ride with him), so we're a given, getting tickets now, anyone else is a WELCOME BONUS!!

:grin:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
11:30? count me out, cause getting home will be too troublesome and i start work at 8 on saturdays...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
"Transformers 2 feels a bit like watching someone else play a video game for two and a half hours. "

hahahaha I think we can handle it ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
To anyone that has bought tickets for tonight: queue up 40 muinutes before the screening time.

My contact number is 0466-352-145. If you're in the city early, feel free to drop by my place.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I saw this tonight too!

I NEED YOU TO PULL THE BLUE CORD! CAN YOU DO THAT? PULL THE BLUE CORD!

Not while you're still in the plane.....

Sorry, but I did find that funny. I enjoyed it, more than the first. Less kids, more robots. Only real complaints are
the twins (UGHUGHUGH) and the friggin kid again being the important key to everything.
I had a mini geek-gasm when
the constructicons came out to play. Always wanted them when I was a kid. Also, I believe it was the first time energon was mentioned? And while I wasn't necessarily happy with the kitchen being transformed at the start, I didn't dislike it because, again, they were mini-cons.

And yeah, the wrecking
balls joke. Was bad enough that they were going to do it, but then have the guy actually say "I'm under the robots scrotum."
Subtle.

It's a movie like Matrix 2. You've seen it once, now you can just rewatch it and skip to the fight scenes.

The best thing that I think can sum it up was what Ryan said "It was 50% lame, 50% Optimus Prime punching faces."

Top Bottom