• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youko's Official Complete Texture Pack (NEW v0.2 BETA - CSPs, TGAs, Music, More!)

timothyung

Smash Ace
Youko, I would suggest you release all the tgas for the CSPs, so we can simply switch out the textures/CSPs that we don't want.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Does this work with Custom CSS'? I'm using SCOTU's EXBrawl Code Set and the textured pictures won't come up on the character select screen.
i dont think it's the css problem. Im loading with the usb loader and when i load brawl by itself i still don't see the portraits. However the textures themselves do work.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Yeah, that's the same thing that happens to me. The textures work, and I can see the customized portraits at the [end of battle] results screen. I tried it without the Custom CSS, but that didn't change anything. I still can't see them when I'm choosing characters.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Thank you very much for making this! I haven't noticed any errors that haven't been posted here yet, but I'll let you know if I do.

By the way, if I want to change one of the costumes here with one of my own... does anyone know how to change the CSP? I can't seem to find where the CSP files are located... D:

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else having a problem with Wifi after DLing this pack?

I cannot connect. I make it to the lobby, but then my Wii buzzes and freezes. Worked fine ten seconds before I downloaded the texture pack. Tried removing the "system" and "menu" folders, but still no dice. Somethings up.

Roller

Smash Legend
Is anyone else having a problem with Wifi after DLing this pack?

I cannot connect. I make it to the lobby, but then my Wii buzzes and freezes. Worked fine ten seconds before I downloaded the texture pack. Tried removing the "system" and "menu" folders, but still no dice. Somethings up.
huh. That's interesting. 'cause I can get onto wifi, but the second I make a game it freezes. Didn't happen with old textures, and doesn't happen when playing the game normally.

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's exactly what I meant. I'm fine right up til the games supposed to start then it crashes. I don't know if its conflicting files, if it helps at all I was playing as Sheik using FitSheik00 when it happened, but I replaced the FitSheik00 file with my own.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...I think I actually put out an outdated version of the texture pack compared to the one I currently have by mistake, judging by some of the texture things you guys are reporting

**** me.

Well, there's nothing I can do about it until Tuesday, which is when I have finals for spring classes. After those are over, I'll amend these errors and add improvements, such as a TGA release, along with .brres files for in-battle HUD pics.

D

Deleted member

yeah, just confirming that online does not work. otherwise, great job :D

mofo_

Smash Ace
i like your pack! 'cept for dat kakashi snake, i personally dislike it so i switched it w/ moss snake

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
If you have enough time, when you re-release the pack, can you include a notepad of your second post, the one with the list of which costume was which character costume?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
To get .PAC files to match your .pcs file, drag the .pcs file onto the exe program lz77ex (which I assume you have as it comes with ASH). It will give you a .pcs out file (which is the .pac file, you just rename it). If you aren't able to do this for some reason, send me the .pcs files that you need pacs for through PM (just send me download links for the .pcs) I will send the .pac files back to you within the day.

Now then, for my texture suggestions (I spent 4 hours searching for links, making links, and making thumbnails, so please don't yell at me if I'm missing something. Just tell me and I'll fix it)

For your consideration.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS BEFORE JUDGING. A LOT OF TEXTURES LOOK BETTER WHEN THEY'RE NOT LIMITED TO THE SIZE OF A THUMBNAIL

Black Marth-Belmonth Marth by Das Donkey Team

Red Marth-Blood Knight. by Dragonrage

Green Marth-Ephraim Marth by Wii (yes that's his name)

Blue Marth- Zero (Lelouch) from code Geass. by Picano

White Marth-San Marth by Das Donkey Team

Yellow Pit (that's right, I just want you to move it to get rid of Sakura pit. wtf lol?)-]Hitsugaya, Toshiro by Picano

Green Pit- Green Arrow v2 by Finman702
[URL=http://img40.imageshack.us/i/greenarrow1.jpg/][/URL]

Black Pit -The Traveler by Das Donkey Team

Original Charizard-CharizardTWO by Register

Blue Charizard-]Salamance by OizenX

Red Sonic-Perfect Nazo (Nazo Unleashed) by Kwrk85

Yellow Sonic (so shiny :))-Super Sonic by DChen

Black ZeldaDark Cosmo Witch by Krlosf (.pac found here)

Shinigami Zelda by .Fade

Black Sheik-Arrancar Sheik byn.Fade

Jabbawockee Sheik by .Fade (this could be red maybe?)

Red Link-(I think this one is better. sorry I couldn't get the textures seperate from each other. btw the downloads are switched.)-Magic Armor Link (yes another one) by DragonArt

Blue Link-Zora Armor Link by DragonArt

Blue Samus-True Fusion Suit by DragonArt

Purple Samus-P.E.D Suit by DragonArt

Dark Samus-Dark Samus by DragonArt

Blue ZSS-Megaman Girl by DragonArt

Dark ZSS-Corruption by DragonArt

Green Ice Climbers-Watermelon and Melon by eternalyoshi

Team Blue-by Dragonrage

Team Green-by Dragonrage

Team Red-by Dragonrage

Downloads

Red Ike (I'd move Roy to blue)-Dante by RoyPh123X

White Olimar-NASA Olimar by DasDonkey Team

Brown Ganondorf-Gears of Ganon by Das Donkey Team

Black Falco-Cool Falco of the 80s by Das Donkey Team

Green Falco-Jet the hawk by Cursed Portal

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I found a bug. I don't know if this is a problem with Brawl 4.1, or with this pack.

When I win and hold X (mapped to shield) after I win to select my winning pose, the wii freezes. This happened with Lucario, Charizard, Peach. I haven't tested with other characters.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^That bug is a result of the dash cancel code. Almas is currently working on fixing it, as well as reworking the frame speed engine to be more efficient (we've hit the line limit for the current frame speed engine and it's causing some odd bugs)

Roller

Smash Legend
Dark Sonic, I have been using your watermelon/melon ICs (Which I LOVE btw) But for some reason it still shows Youko's green ICs PCS even though I changed the file in the ICs section of the fighter folder. Is there somewhere else I need to edit?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Hmm, that's odd. No there shouldn't be anywhere else to edit, it should work by just replacing the FitPopo02.pcs file (you don't even HAVE to replace the .pac file, but I do anyway :p)

I'll redownload it to check later today (it's 5 in the morning and I really don't feel up to it right now.:urg:)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've been replacing a few different textures from his pack with other favorites that weren't in there. The textures works fine in game, but then the little pictures on the victory screen and such still show the pictures for the old textures instead of the new ones.

Any help would be great. :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Good **** Youko! Did you make all the csps yourself? They all look so good!
Yes, I did. Thank you, they took quite a long time to make.

Dark Sonic, I have been using your watermelon/melon ICs (Which I LOVE btw) But for some reason it still shows Youko's green ICs PCS even though I changed the file in the ICs section of the fighter folder. Is there somewhere else I need to edit?
You can't individually change and alter the character select portraits in this build, if that's what you're referring to. The program that creates them basically bundles all the portraits for a single character into one file. On the other hand, if you can't get the texture itself to work...hm...

Beren

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I just tried adding this pack to Brawl+ (NTSC 4.1B), and now the game won't get past the Wiimote strap info screen, at the point where the image on the right has changed once (now displaying directions for grooving to "What is Love"). Basically what I did was add the three main folders to the /pf folder in my brawl+ files (replacing the fighters folder that was already there). Also, because my sd card is too small, I had to delete some of the textures to fit it all in (I just deleted them from the fighters folder). Any body have any ideas?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
If it isn't too much work could you post all the .tga files for download?

Pleaaase :(

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've downloaded the pack and have put it on my SD card.
I have the 2.1 file replacement code for PAL.

I can use the textures, but, the character portraits on the select screen aren't changed.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Ah, reading a little into the thread, it looks to be a known issue? (something about the CSP's playing up)

EDIT: More reading and I see Youko's explanation. lol. Oh well, good things are coming.

Roller

Smash Legend
You can't individually change and alter the character select portraits in this build, if that's what you're referring to. The program that creates them basically bundles all the portraits for a single character into one file. On the other hand, if you can't get the texture itself to work...hm...
Ahhh. Ok. That explains it. Meh. Alright. Small potatoes.

Jon64

Smash Cadet
To start off: Thanks for collecting and uploading this. It's boosted the amount of textures I'm using significantly, and actually has working CSPs which is something I couldn't get working on my own.

However, I have one beef with the pack: You replaced all the default (00) textures and some of the team colors are pretty hard to tell apart.

This wasn't a huge problem for me- I simply deleted all the textures that overwrote originals and replaced/changed some textures around to suit my own preferences for teams. This works fine and dandy in-game, but makes the character select screen a painful experience.

Is there any way to change the CSP files without re-doing them all? I'd like to fix them up too but it seems much harder.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom