• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling All Smash TOs!

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
Northwest Majors in Tacoma, Washington is going to be holding a Melee Tournament on August 22nd, but my own admission, I don't know much about running Melee tournaments compared to Street Fighter and other Capcom/SNK games.

We desperately need an experienced and respected Smash TO who would like to work with us throughout the day, and beforehand to organize, to make sure this tournament is up to par and is something that Smash players will enjoy and respect. We could definitely look at the accepted rules and setups and do our best, but as everyone knows, there is no substitute for experience, and we would very much like to have the Smash community invovled and working as part of the tournament.

We will also need players who are willing to bring their consoles, games and saves to make sure we have tournament ready setups. Melee is an official tournament game, and will be played on 6-8 tournament only Non-HD TV's on the main floor. I am aware that most smash players bring their own controllers (as opposed to Street Figher :psycho:) so that should work out fine, but we would really like the Smash community to be a part of this, and participate to make it a great event. TV's are also welcome for anyone coming who would like to help out with making the tournament run smoothly.

If anyone is interested in running tournaments/brackets, making sure setups and rules are following tournament standards, and helping to organize consoles for the day, please post up and I will be sure to keep in contact with you to make this happen.

Thanks to everyone, and I hope to see you at the tournament.

Brent

Tournament Page- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236203

Side Note-

I am also looking for a Smash TO who would be interested in running a semi-official Brawl tournament on the side. I would work with them to make sure they had dedicated setups throughout the day, some sign-age and announcements before and during the tournament to make sure people are aware of it, and there will be plenty of room in the casuals area for it, along with all the casuals going for other games and systems.

I want to make sure there is something for the people coming who want to play Melee, but have never been to a non-Smash tournament.

The TO would need to organize with attendees to make sure they brought enough Wii's, games and dedicated TV's, and would have to be familiar with running a bracket, but I would be happy to help in any other way I can.

Race

Smash Lord
As a TO I would be totally down to help out, but i'm in SoCal

try to get a hold GC guy because he's a good TO from WA

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
We generally use paper brackets, but we will be seeding ahead of time for the tournament to make things easier, so we will likely be using software this year to generate ahead of time and keep things organized during the tournament.

We will likely use Tio to generate the paper brackets and then break the players into pools if we end up getting enough registers.

gman19

Smash Cadet
Hi. This is my first post lol. I'm just a casual smasher, but I've haven't really seen any melee tournaments around, and only can practice against CPU's and a few of my friends. I feel this tournament might be a good start for me, so how should I go around finding local tournaments? And is there a way to register if a don't have paypal?

BRENT0B0X

Smash Cadet
You can register through paypal without a paypal account. If you have a debit or credit card, there is an option for it when you sign up.

There will also be day of registrations in the morning and possibly in the afternoon. We prefer pre-registrations since they allow us to estimate how many people will be coming, how long each tournament will take, and get seeding done ahead of time by region.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Hi. This is my first post lol. I'm just a casual smasher, but I've haven't really seen any melee tournaments around, and only can practice against CPU's and a few of my friends. I feel this tournament might be a good start for me, so how should I go around finding local tournaments? And is there a way to register if a don't have paypal?
Where exactly do you live?

And 2nd brentbox, i pm'd you with all my info already and i never got a response =/

Top Bottom