• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
It's on a Friday right?

I can take like 2-3 people for SURE but we won't be able to get there for SURE until 7 PM.

:/

I get out of work on Friday at 6 and I can speed it over there but I won't make it under like 50 minutes.

It's up to you guys, I would absolutely LOVE to play and I would not miss it for anything less serious than work and I'm still willing to go if you all are willing to stall for me again.

Haha I don't expect it, but I'll pay for Vickey's entry fee too, he's been VERY hyped up to play now that his vacation is over.
Hmm, I don't think that's gonna happen this time unless the tourney is running suuuuuper late. A four hour stall is going to be pretty hard to pull off. The only way I can possibly see it happening is with some uber rigging of the brackets to where I'm probably going to have to knock you out in the first round. :D

@Fro, were you theh one that came out in paper at last year's Omnicon getting beat by me, in my BK crown? Playing Zamus and Marth? ... Just a question, not talking smack or anything, since people seem to get butt-hurt really easily here...:D

@broly, we don't have a sign up sheet or anything, but I recall a number of people at our tournament that were at the convention last year and I'd expect to see them there again, as well as us Weslaconians and some or our homeys.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Zombies ate my homework there is no way that would happen right?

:/

I really want to participate. Play Brawl singles after every event!!!!!!!!!

But yeah, I'm going to be texting you and if around like 5 dude Brawl still hasn't started can you at least do a two hour stall?

>.>

MURDR

Smash Rookie
****ing danny.
its the last time i let andilex use my comp.
******* keepsz on lying
i ***** his diddy and DDD
absolute RAPAGE!
i spiked him with his ddd from 0 percent after a three hit combo!!!!
ultimate lolzorz!
hahaha

Reizilla

@Vorgy, that might work, keep in touch with me when it gets to tourney time and I'll let you know how your odds are looking.

@shlike, I'm 99% positive that there's no way around the venue fee this time, but there will be lots of stuff to do at the convention, so you might as well go all day if you can. And you better be there. I want a rematch in-tourney! And there's supposed to be a plethora of time and set-ups specifically for friendlies. We can play our Link/Ganon match then and you will lose this time!:laugh:

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hey Rei-Gun, most of Texas has enforced the Meta Knight banned rule, and the RGV has decided to follow suit.

All Brownsville events or anything run by us will be Meta Knight banned from us and we would appreciate it (but are not forcing you to) follow suit.

What does thou think of that overpowered beast?

Edit:

Wtf Broly **** me at posting this? lol

Reizilla

Hmm, you guys make a strong arguement...
I actually brought this up with my brother today, I'll talk it over more seriously with him tomorrow. I didn't want to do it because it was on such short notice, but since you guys are so adamant about it I don't see a big problem with it.

Shlike, you planning on having another shindig at your house this week? Wednesday? It'd be cool to get some more practice in with you guys.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
what is this i dont even?

vorgy i heard somethin about a convention and tournament will u text me details please...

also i love you shlike

and i miss chicken tenders funny posts :(

Broly

Smash Lord
ozz, please let it go, ive taken so much **** over it...i wanna let this loss go as it dealt a major blow to my pride...

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hahaha seriously... and did you see Broly + Pax vs D.Phat + D.M.G. ?

I'm still shocked about that.

And Broly, Ozz was just commenting on how epic the match was, and I know you lost and all, but the hype was crazy.

People loved the match still.

banehollow3789

Smash Rookie
ozz, please let it go, ive taken so much **** over it...i wanna let this loss go as it dealt a major blow to my pride...
stop being emo ******, u were playing like **** all day big deal, i got ***** in sa and u guys gave me **** for it, i got better again so deal

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
are you kidding me broly, you didnt lose anything, that match came down to last hit last match last stock whatever, and you were making a lot of mistakes too so dont sweat it, i love u ,dont get mad you did fine. you did good vs Dojo too but stupid MK gimps the hell out of marth/rest of brawl roster

Reizilla

I'm definitely pro-ban. I was thinking, just so that the majority of the people don't get all "WTF?!?!" over it, we, the more skilled players of the RGV, have a gentleman's ban on MK for this tourney. I'm pretty sure the only people that stand a chance that also play MK are Pax, Magik, and Shady, sorry if I missed somebody. Honestly, no everyday scrub is going to shake things up by playing MK. Just so that we don't get a lot of crap for not saying anything sooner and we can officially implement the ban for our next tourney and promote it as such.

What do you MK players say?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Fro:

99% **** talk

1% long hair

Rei-Gun

Don't call a MK ban on this tournament then, but the entire RGV crew will agree to NOT use MK. However if some random scrub goes MK and for some reason then we can't beat him then everything goes.

Just make sure this is the last MK tourney, I think you are better off not calling something last minute that is not very fair either.

People might have been practicing him these last few days / weeks.

Either way our crew (is Shady going????) of Broly / Papi / Rei-Gun / whoever else from us goes will take all the prize money spots most likely, meta or no meta.

Broly

Smash Lord
yea ozz im sorry im just extremely mad at losing when we were **** talking outside the venue. my crew believed in me n i lost, so w/e

Vorguen

Smash Champion
<3 Cloud lol.

Too pro Edinburg.

Don't chainspike me next time I see you.

:(

Holy dang I don't make sense lol. I still haven't slept, dang homework.

Inb4sleepjohns, Brawly I might go over tomorrow to fix up Ruben's / your controllers but... you'll get some games in with me right?

I need to get EVERY PRACTICE that I CAN while I WORK so I don't stay behind, if you'd rather take a couple days off I'll just go over to Shlike's or something.

Let me know ahead of time please.

Reizilla

yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, Vorgy.

yeah, I just talked to Danny and he's down for a real ban after this tourney.

Hopefully some national tourneys start to follow suit or else TX is gonna start getting pwned at OoS tourneys. XD

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Who knows. I'm going to tell people in tourneys I go to play me with their Meta Knights. I'm going to make sure that I never forget the matchup and I'm pretty sure knowing Syoudous he's still going to play Meta Knight in friendlies.

-.- lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom