• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Kirby Matchup Thread, now discussing: LUCAS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Game and Watch has no such technique named "Bucket Breaking", and you cannot fill up the bucket with bacon. It's not energy based. RAGEEEEEE. :mad:
It means: "I hit you with a strong attack and now your dead Mr. Game & Watch, you can't possibly be alive at 150% with my F-Smash" then out of the blue "I use Bucket Breaking and now I'm still alive, real men don't die, ha ha ha ha jka kajlajkd"

Yea, that's an example.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Wow no one gets this at all do you.

It's Bucket Braking, and you can not fill that **** up with bacon *at least according to him, never tried/cared myself.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, I got the joke it's just really lame so I didn't bother to respond to it. *Shrugs*

And I think you can fill it with bacon, actually.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yeah, I got the joke it's just really lame so I didn't bother to respond to it. *Shrugs*
lol, if I were to make it funny I would have made a picture instead. Just proving a point of how broken Mr. Game & Watch is when fighting him with Kirby. =P

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I vote Falco, since it's being done now by the Falco boards, now we can both fight about it and add the MU in both our discussions.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I only went by what Ness/Lucas could absorb. All the more reason to not copy his ability. Thank ya.

I'm actually gonna be gone for 4 days at my uncle's funeral-type thing.

Sino

Smash Journeyman
If i'm right this is just a matchup thread because we completed the other one. This is just the same as the other one except for new input. Why not make a summary of the matchups like you did in the other thread with some char, but now with every char. Cuz when people wanna have a quick look to a matchup they must read like 10 pages and summary it for themself. I though we wanna help the kirby's out there and not have a social talk about every char, there is 2 much social talk in the kirby boards and 2 few real good learn stuff.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
The leader of this thread is doing a general synopsis of each character based on the information we discuss. It will all be on the OP under each character name as well as the links to the pages where it was discusses. That way if you want more detail you can read through the pages.

I'm down for Falco since they are talking about us.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Same. *votes Falco*

Another random thought. It kind of seems weird to be using the matchup colors we are. Especially since we're probably gonna see matchups more slanted than 60-40 or 40-60. Wouldn't it make more sense to kind of follow something like what more of the other character boards (and our old matchup thread) are doing? Something like:
Red: 30-70
Sienna: 35-65 (as close to a red-orange as we can get)
Orange: 40-60
Yellow-Orange: 45-55 (it's really a light orange, but again, as close at there is here)
Yellow: 50-50
Yellow-Green: 55-45
Green: 60-40(using this color green because it's easier to see, and everyone else uses it)
Teal: 65-35
Blue: 70-30

...And I seriously doubt we're gonna see any matchups more lopsided than that.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
How could we start a discussion without you? This is your thread.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I said you could start a new matchup without me >.>. Why vote for Falco? O_o We'll do IC's, given that I've been told not to take into account everyone's opinion and go with the first thing someone says.
We can't just magically decide on something without you fool. Also, why even have a voting system if the number of votes dun matter.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
How could we start a discussion without you? This is your thread.
I was liek "I'm gonna be gone for about a day, so if we finish ZSS, start a new matchup without me and I'll update the thread when I come back."

Anyway, what did we decide the rating was? 60:40, their advantage?

Edit:

We can't just magically decide on something without you fool. Also, why even have a voting system if the number of votes dun matter.
This voting system is terrible. Just listen to anyone that gives a suggestion. Viper suggested Zero Suit Samus. Instead of you making a well thought out OP with details on the character matchup and how Kirby does, you just put the ratio, page number, and give us a 2 day voting session because you're never online.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Counter Pick Against

Rainbow Cruise ★★★★★

Pokémon Stadium ★★★★☆

Norfair ★★★★

Frigate Orpheon ★★★★
Stage Strike

Final Destination ★☆

Smashville ★★

Battlefield ★★☆

According to my stage guide. Also, Ice Climbers is bad bad bad for Kirby to handle and I advise anyone who's facing Ice Climbers to use someone that's better vs them like Toon Link. 60/40 Ice Climbers, no worst than that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby's best option in the Ice Climber matchup is Bair.

Bair over and over and over.

And then you'll eventually get grabbed and die.

60:40 ICs at least.

It's winnable, but god it's a stupid matchup.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
They can, but don't forget that ICs do more than just try to grab you all day. If they play smart, they have so many freaking options. Uair, uptilt, desynched blizzards, nair, bair...squall hammer thingy...

They can screw you up really easily.

Vulcan Jab does pretty well, but I can't count the number of times that I've jabbed someone, and then they powershielded the second jab (I think) and then grabbed me. -_-

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'll do a super cool write-up soon. I know lots about both characters. Yayyy.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Sooo... I just got back from a tourney and as promised, I got some Sonic and Zelda experience. Looking at the tools both characters have in both MUs, I believe its 55-45 both in our favor. I'll explain why when I am not delusional from exhaustion.

/rude interruption

Ice climbers? Dunno. I usually go with my monkeys in this MU. On paper it doesn't look like we can do much, though.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
t1mmy says 70:30, but I'd say more along the lines of 65:35 (we're choosing an advantage matchup next). We have to adjust our playstyle a lot to do anything. We have to be extremely careful, no fthrow->uairs, basically no shielding. If you're not either making sure you're not about to be grabbed or separating nana, you're doing something wrong. That's what t1mmy says in his summary, in a nutshell.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I dunno I wanna say this match-up isn't as hard as it may seem on paper. Recently at a smashfest I played Cyphus' IC one time and JV two-stocked him, this guy is ranked #2 in our state by the way. He mains DK, but IC are his immediate second. I dunno on paper, desynched blizzard seems intimidating but practically its not that great and it helps to separate them and when they're separated they become no problem for Kirby. I dunno I need to think about the match a bit more before I can conclude exact results but I would estimate around 55-45 IC.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
t1mmy says 70:30.
70/30!? LMAO, he has no faith that Kirby can even turn this around doesn't he? Also one of the main rules is to not grab Ice Climbers because if you grab the wrong one, you will get punished, the best way use to use your throws on Ice Climbers is U-Throw nothing else or you may get attacked. I know chain grabs are scary, but it's not exactly the perfect too to beat Kirby because of their poor grab range. Also try not to get scared of their chain grab, they have more move than just grab, and you have your B-Air, jabs, and your U-Tilt > String to space, separate or attack them.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
This is t1mmy's matchup thread on AiB vs the IC's.

tl;dr version: Uthrow if you get a grab. Don't put yourself pointlessly in lag, don't use laggy moves, don't shield very much. Every second from GO! to GAME! should be devoted to either not getting grabbed or separating them and getting rid of nana. The matchup tips drastically in your favor if it's you vs popo.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
IC's have terrible grab range and Kirby isn't exactly big or slow, so as long as you don't do anything easily punishable you should be fine. Get them separated and you can do some fun stuff with them.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't have enough experience in this matchup, but after seeing Ally play Lain last week, I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't go for grabs to Uthrow to seperate them, since our grab range is MUCH better than theirs, the other IC can't grab us if we grab one of them, and Uthrow is fast.

That being said, if you need a secondary for this matchup, I suggest Shugo's Sonic :laugh:
(He played Lain and it was awesome. Lain won, but yeah, Shugo kept it close without playing gay in a matchup that's significantly worse than this one.)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If you can get a grab in, u throw is definitely the way to go. Nana is ********, and Kirby has amazing gimping abilities, so any time you can beat the hell out of Nana and attempt to get her off edge DOOOO EEEEET.

§leepy God

Smash Master
It might be best to make separate threads like some of the boards do so there's no confusion and people can stay on the topic. :p

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Dunno. All I know is ICs don't seem any worse than 35-65. Together they're (arguably) a Kirby counter, but the matchup becomes all but a joke if you take out Nana.

...Yeah, maybe we should start making export threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom