• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sou Kawaii 2 Results

aish

Smash Journeyman
Sou Kawaii 2
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Original Thread found here.

Want to see some vids/pics? Scroll down to the second post!

Doubles Bracket <-click to view
1: Luke and Brandon Suck Hairy Bawls (Superboom + KillL0ck) ($144.00)
2: White Power (Alphicans + Frio) ($72.00)
3: Jack Sucks (Colin + Karaudo) ($24.00)
4: Ftilt and Rock Smash (Mike + Sean)
5: Not So Friendly Fire (Logan + Zack)
5: Dan and Jack Suck (Pitch + LGeed)
7: Team Awesome (Kyle + Matt)
7: Blades of Lameness (1337i + aish)
9: 9000+ (Jamie + Chaos)
9: Wild Cats (Travis + Jordan)
9: Noob School Bus (Fraser + Jim)
9: Team Azn (Naoto + Jeffery)

Singles Bracket
<-Click to view
1: Superboom ($162.00) - Snake
2: Alphicans ($81.00)- Falco
3: KillL0ck ($27.00) - Marth
4: Pitch - Zero Suit Samus
5: Spin-Dash - King Dedede/Sonic
5: T-Block - Pokemon Trainer
7: Colin - Ness
7: Frio - Pikachu
9: Sean Hunter - Sheik
9: Firefly - Yoshi
9: Logan - Olimar
9: aish - Pit
13: Victra - GANONDORF THE WARRIOR (and diddy)
13: LGeed - Snake
13: Karl Rath - ROB
13: Yoshara - Wolf
17: Fraser - Lucario
17: Kyle - Metaknight
17: Zack - Jigglypuf
17: 1337i - Pikachu
17: Skrem - Ice Climbers
17: Jamie - Mr. Game and Watch
17: Hong Kong Disco - Marth
17: DMK - King Dedede
25: Jordan - Donkey Kong
25: Chaos - Olimar
25: Jeffrey - Snake

Low Tier
Singles Bracket
<-Click to view
1: Firefly ($36.00) - Yoshi
2: ColinJF ($18.00) - Ness
3: T-Block($6.00) - Pokemon Trainer
4: Alphicans - Captain Falcon
5: Fraser - Lucas
5: Logan - Zelda
7: Zack - Link
7: Frio - Ike
9: Yoshara -
9: Skrem -
9: 1337i - Captain Falcon
9: Kuraudo - Pokemon Trainer/Ike

aish

Smash Journeyman
TOURNAMENT VIDS HERE<-Click to view

Vic says Jack looked freaky in this pic, it's so the 8D face!!

Some game faces on!

Kids look delicious don't they 8D

Mmm brawl looks so gud

Brandon highly agrees

"I'm just gonna eat that Brawl up." < Direct quote!!

Nothing like playing Frustation during a Brawl tournament

"Noooo Colin won!!! D8"

aish

Smash Journeyman
Look at our characters of choice gaiz! we're so mixed up, only 1 metaknight within us, so unique 8D
@vic - lol last minute call and arrival for singles xD but actually making it! Shocked many of us
@jack - boo you still for not inviting me maybe i could've gotten higher than 9th if i played within the last 2 weeks!
@dan - thanks for winning yet another tournamentt
@firefly - your yoshi so gud :3
@frio - lol D8 our match became so hyped!!
@brandon - spin dash is still better, that other name still sucks 8(
@yosh - omg I beat your foxxxx xDDDDD (big accomplishment on my side)
@phil - thanksss for driving people home on last notice :3 soo soo nice of yuu
@DMK - so glad you had funnn : D Im so sorry about the bracket thingg 8( jamie didn't tell me at all and just told me he and chaos had to go D8
@people who brought setups - Thanks soo muchh 8D without you gaiz the tournament wouldn't have ran as quick and smoothly as it did :3

Thanks everyone for coming! See you at ADAT2 and at our next tournament :D!!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
What is this D3 business you say!? This business is ZSS & Marth. That's what it is. HATE the Marth match-up, and ZSS is just so easily picked off as D3. Everyone else gets a good piece of the hedgehog. LOL

Funny pool match too against this guy's G&W and Wario I beat with Sonic too. All I did was call his Wario fat on Brinstar and UThrow/Bair/FSmash. Oh, and a Dair KO off the edge. Lmao

Alphicans: Jamie just hit you, Brandon. You gonna take that? Wacha gonna do about it?
Kuraudo: I'm gonna punch him in the face.

And so I FSmashed and did. The end. ♥

Canada represent! ShadoFiend needs to come to Canada. Show us how it's all done with our boy in blue.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is deep in thought in those pictures - too bad more werent taken :p
Perhaps next tournie I'll bring my camera too so when im not smashing im taking pics :D

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sounds like a plan! Maybe someone can do some video recordings too. To highlight our monthlies.

Here's to Brawl in Alberta! We're making it happen!

ColinJF

Smash Ace
I had a great time at this event—it was well run and a lot of fun. Thanks to aish for ensuring that it ran smoothly and such. Thanks to Brandon for teaming with me; I think we did all right for our first attempt. Thanks to skrem for driving me (and t-block) to Southgate.

To everybody I played in the tournament or friendlies: great games! My favourite set was probably the low tier losers' finals against t-block. Speaking of which, congratulations on winning the low tier event, Firefly. You destroyed me in grand finals.

I'm looking forward to next month—but be warned, I will still be the Frustration king in a month's time.

T-block

B2B TST
@brandon: i really wish i could have played you in brackets man... would have been a good match judging from our friendlies, but yes, shoutout to you too ;) also, work on your trainer mkay? we'll rep him at ADAT low tier.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
wtf those pics are at a horrible angle lololol

i look like an alien from that angle wtf aish lmao

aish

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey I think i know where that 20 went! xDDD I found a 20 on the front desk and bruce(naoto) held onto it. I'll give it to you next time I see you Dan! 8D And I cna't just stand in font of people to take a picture! 8( Hard to take the game faceee unless the tv isn't beside a wall.

Hey how come the guy that hosted you.three never comes to our monthlies =(

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I can't post much right now since I am going to my brothers hockey game soon so shout outs will have to come later, but I will say that low tier was awesome.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I'm quite happy that Alberta has such a varied roster of character's for Brawl unlike East Coast, where everyone uses MK besides Ally.

You people make me proud.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
2nd page and no shotouts, guys? No shoutout johns.

Luke - Our first game was definitly the highlight of my day. Inhale death and Up B spike in the same game? Too good. Congrats on placing in the money twice.

Brandon - You're an awesome guy! We'll have to have those promised friendlies at ADAT(D3 dittos on FD pls). Your Sonic is too good! 5th place is great.

Kyle - Fun teams games! I really should have at least pushed our tourney set to three games but in the pressure I completely blanked out and did forward throw out of grab with Wario at 120% last stock :(

Jamie - Good games, man. Don't mind my spaz when I lost, that's normal for me :p We must play more, mayble at ADAT.

Vic - Finally got to meet you. I'd say we should play, but I ****ing hate Diddy, so I'll just say it was good to finally see what all the hype in the Alberta thread was about!

Dan - Please, stop ****** so hard. At this point we should just give top prize to Dan pre tourney and let everyone play for runner up.

Colin - Didn't get to play you, unfortunately. I got a new trick or two against Ness I want to try out!

Aish - Great tourney, despite the whole confusion with Jamie and brackets :D I like how you run things(if a little slow) and would come out again. Especially if cake was involved.

Karl Rath - Good friendlies, we were pretty evenly matched. Makes me feel better after going out in pools to know I can compete with people who placed middle of the pack.

Jordan - You're a chill guy, just unfortunately our character matchup is total bull**** :( I was scared to let you use my controller because you ***** your own, but it's all good.

Skrem - I see you play ICs, why didn't you use them against me? That's D3's worst matchup. Good games though, I was so proud I managed to chaingrab you properly.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Some of the shout-outs I can think of now:

@Killock/Real Jack: I need to play your Marth sometime (to find out how good I am in that match-up).

@Brandon: Like with Jack, I need to play your Sonic to see what all of the fuss is about, and glad I could give you a reason to want homebrew.

@Mark: Like I said, if you need any help with installing textures and whatnot just let me know.

@Aish: Thanks for hosting another great tourney, and sorry to say this but beating my Fox was not that big of a acomplishment considering I only got 2 and a half hours of sleep the other night.

@Luke: I am surprised that I was able to beat your Falco once, but that CG is still pretty gay.

@Anyone who wants Homebrew: Yes, I will be able to set up Homebrew whenever you are able to bring your Wii to a event/whatever.

...and that is all I can think of right now.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm following in DMK's footsteps here. Time for some shoutouts!

Alphicans: I made the mistake in pools of thinking that it was an ensured victory if I was Kirby. The match-ups were fun, and close. Your Falco is just better then my Kirby by far. Besides, I'm a Sonic/D3 guy anyway. Come ADAT2 or if I host before then, Sonic vs. Falco match-ups. GET SOME! It's so fun playing and just hanging with you. As usual. Almost makes me regret leaving the crew, but hey. Brawl crews are dead in Alberta right now. Your Falco is awesome, as is your Game & Watch. Two of my tough match-ups that keep me on my toes, but coming back and begging for more. I always love a good challenge. Thanks again, Luke. By the way, I'm rooting for you to beat Koskinator at ADAT2 in the MM. Give him hell for me. I know I will, too.

Frio: Mark!! When did your Pikachu get so **** good!? Honestly. Your potential is just shining with that character. Forget about Low Tier and just use Ike there. But just keep going with Pikachu. You're definitely one of the guys to beat in Alberta with that little rodent of yours. More friendlies, more texture hack Brawls, and more Sonic vs. Pikachu! Always so close, man. And for friendlies sake, you and I need to compete in some Doubles fun. Not for a tournament since you got Luke, but for old time's sake. We rocked with P.Trainer & Pikachu before.

DMK: The D3 ditto was fun. We did do one, right? XD And I did promise more friendlies. And believe me, you will get them. ^_^ I'm a man of my word. I give you mad props for doing what I couldn't do. Take a match off of Luke at the tourney with your D3. I told the guys like Jack and Dan, and they couldn't believe what I had just said. "Luke just lost a match to DMK."

Jack: Who was DMK?
Me: Dedede.
Dan: And who was Luke?
Me: ... Falco.
Them: WHAT!?

That was too good, man. It's still a hellacious match-up and even I can't do it. It's so painful... Very nicely done, though. Keep it up. I may secondary Dedede, but I want you to rise up in the ranks and become Alberta's **** Dedede. You can do it! Good games. Let's play again sometime.

KillLock: I hate Marth. And you don't suck. ♥ Bro. Someone in the Sonic boards said that defeating a defensive Marth was harder then beating a predictable or aggressive Marth? They never played you yet. That's all I have to say about that bull**** of a match-up. LMAO Also, I'm honestly only kidding when I john about when I switched partners and blamed you. Hahah. Good games, Jack. And thanks again for hooking me up with a place to stay before Sou Kawaii! We gotta do this more often. And I'll get my SD card from you later. Got some replays to look at. Some ownage from both of us to memorize. ... I also have to 0-Death your Marth again with Charizard. For ALL to see!! :O Lolz

Pitch: Once again, your Zero Suit Samus is ridiculously epic, Allan. People kept talking about you. That chaingrab across the stage on my Dedede always gets me sweating. If I ever lose a match in a set of a tournament, I always feel so pressured because the momentum can change so easily in match-ups. I'm pretty sure that if you had won a match our set, I might have choked and you could have taken that. Even with the disadvantage, your work with the character is way too good. Sorry for switching partners at the near last second again. I feel bad about it still. But hey, all's forgiven in the end, right? Let's focus on ADAT2 and Sou Kawaii 3. Good games. I was scared to do the Sonic vs. ZSS match-up because I didn't know my chances in that since I didn't study it at all. x.x

Geed: You took 1st Place. I don't care what anyone says. The legend is true. You're just a little rusty, as Dan said. You're **** good for the dust collecting though, seriously. I got no doubts in my mind that if you went up against me at the top of your game, you'd have a really good shot of either knocking me out or making the match dangerously close. Can't wait to hang out with you again. You're too **** funny and awesome. XD Good games, Chris.

SuPeRbOoM: I was really feeling it during our Falco vs. Sonic match on Halberd. Awesome mindgame into making me go Dedede during the double blind pick. That was probably one of my favorite matches during the tournament. You were low percent on the last stock, sure, but to me it was starting to feel close. The fact that I seemed to have you really pushing for that win made me feel proud of myself and the fact that I use Sonic. You're good inspiration, and one of my drives in the Brawl community to better myself. Just you wait, Dan. The Falco & Sonic match-up will see me winning more, and that goes for Sonic & Snake too. If you go G&W or Marth on me though. I will cut you. LOL You make me wanna get better. And congratulations on taking everyone's money for Doubles and Singles. You've earned it with that skill.

Firefly: Dude...your Yoshi is absolutely sick, man. Sorry that I went MK on you. I played the desperation card on you after you basically wrecked my Sonic; a show of weakness within me. I'm so glad that Alberta's Brawl community is coming to life with such a colorful roster, and you're helping push that idea along with your badass Red Yoshi. I wanna learn the Yoshi vs. Sonic match-up better, and when we both are at the top of our game in that match, a rematch is mandatory. It'll be awesome. I can tell. Keep it up, man! And way to go with beating Colin in Grand Finals of Low Tier too.

T-Block: I was rooting for you when you were playing KillLock in Brawl Singles. The fact that you almost BEAT him with the Pokémon Trainer? That was way too good. I'm picking up Pokémon Trainer as my Low Tier main, and it wouldn't be a stretch to say that it's thanks to you. We're definitely going to play more P.Trainer dittos in the future. I'll place good next Low Tier tourney. Also, I want us to meet in a bracket somewhere at either Sou Kawaii 3 or ADAT2 or whatever comes first. Either in Pools or just in the bracket in general. Sonic vs. Pokémon Trainer will be one of the great fights that never leave my memory. I'll do your character proud as I pick him up as a secondary. I used him before to beat SuPeRbOoM's Snake one time, so that's gotta count for something, right? I'll be looking to you for P.Trainer advice, man. You're too good. Good games.

Colin: Ness is Mid Tier. You're just like me, only you still get to enjoy ****** Low Tier tourneys. Stupid Sonic and his Mid Tier status. LOL! Awesome job. I'm glad to have helped with my LVL. 9,000 MK. I obviously need more practice though. I don't dimensional cape to DSmash enough. Or charge my DSmash enough. XD Good games, your Ness is too good. We could have gotten 2nd or maybe even 1st if it weren't for my MK killing you all the time. Sorry about that, man. Otherwise though, keep it up, man. Your Ness is amazing. Can't wait to see more of it.

Kyle: I like your MK, man. Good games in pools! We'll have to play again sometime.

Jamie: Do you still hate Sonic? XD Good. It means I've done my job well. Good games, funny match on Brinstar against your Wario. "He's so fat. DOWNSMASH! Blarghargh." I'd recommend you keep using G&W against me though. Better then your Wario, and it's one of Sonic's more bad match-ups. Hope to see you again! Let's do some more friendlies and whenever we play in pools/brackets, have some fun.

Aish: I've said a lot of this to you over MSN, but what the heck. I'll say it anyway. You're a terrific host. That was a lot of fun, and the environment of Sou Kawaii was absolutely endearing. My kinda place to be! Keep it up with your Pit, and don't stop improving. Thanks for having us, and you can count on me to be back for the next tournament for SURE. Oh, and sorry you don't like my new GamerTag. XD!!! Deal with it. ♥

Brad: You suck. Oh wait. You weren't there. Lololololololyoustillsucklololol

Victor & Hong Kong Disco: It was so good to see you two again. It was nice to play Melee for a couple of rounds. But I was pretty much done shortly afterwards. XD; Brawl's my kinda game. But don't worry, I won't say no to Link vs. Ganon. Ganon & Diddy ****, yo. And RL (feels better to call you that still XD), you and me need to play more again. Nice to see you there, too. There'll be more Smash to be had in the future, that's for sure.

PS: Vic, stop calling me Bob, dangit. Lol

Yoshara: You'd better be there for when I host. I want my Wii hacked! XD That and I'd love to see your Wolf pick up speed too. You're helping with giving Alberta a good name with the diverse cast of characters played. Good games.

1337i: Good games. It was fun to play you. I can't believe we have three Pikachus so far! You, Frio, and someone else. Let's play again sometime.

If there was anyone else I missed, refresh my memory! Because when I remember stuff, I can usually get good say about stuff. And you'll all feel loved anyway. Hahahah.

To those I played but whose names escape me, good games everyone. Hope to see you all at Sou Kawaii 3 or ADAT2, or any tournament/Smashfest in the future! This was a good one, guys! Hopefully I get to play even more people then before next time.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Alright boys, shout outs!

For my first Brawl tournament, I gotta say it was pretty fun, though it was really long and drawn out. I also realized how sick I get of Brawl after playing it for so long without a break. Skrem promise of setting up Melee was probably the one thing that prevented me from dieing halfway through. =P Also, I wish I did better but lol, how can I complain? It's brawl. xD

Superboom: GG for winning again. I'm glad you played the "bad game" with me even though you don't like it.

KillLock: You're marth(s) are too good! I wish you played melee more, your Marth is still pretty good in that game, and obvobv your marth in brawl is even better. I had a lot of fun playing it in both games! Also, thanks for playing melee with me during brawl grand finals. xD

Karodo Kuraodo koraudo kuraduo SPIN-DASH: I don't think we played in brawl ever. LOL. But we did play in melee and that's all that counts. =P haha no but seriously, we should play brawl more. OH WAIT. We played our infamous ganondorf vs link grudge matches, but in brawl. xD That was pretty fun. Also, good job repping MK DDD and Sonic! Also sorry for calling you Bob. Do you actually not want me to call you that? Cause the other choice is Spin-dash. I honestly don't like saying Brandon. It's just really weird and, actually, strenuous for me to say it. English isn't my first language. =P Plus, i can't even pronounce your new name. (or spell.) Also, fun times walking to A&W. xD Even though it felt like we were walking across the city. Who the **** said it was right behind the scotia bank? xD

Frio: Marcus, you're Pikachu is pretty good. I can see why you choose brawl over melee, you suck way less. gg. But seriously, you're hilarious online and offline. You're honestly the most awkward person in the community. We definitely should hang out when I move. xD

Alphicans: Congrats for winning dirty money. I was looking forward to brawling with you, too bad that didn't happen. ): You seemed to have QQ a lot during this tourney. I lol'd. Also, it was nice to hang out in real life again. We defdefdef need to do it more often. Seriously, Brad and Luke are SO different offline. Well, maybe less so in Luke's case.

Yoshara: Thanks for the shoutout you ****. Anyways, too bad we didn't play, but thanks for offering to hack/mod/blahlblahlh my Wii at ADAT2! Your textures were too good. xD

Fraser: One of the newer guys I met. We should hang out and talk more, you're a pretty cool guy! Close match in losers, you were the second person I 2-0'd at the tourney. Oh god did I ever lol. Though, our marth vs ganon match was really close though! We should definitely play more often.

Pitch: You made Mark QQ like twice at the tourney, once in pools and another time in singles. I lol'd. Thanks for a good laugh.

Victra: Good job repping that beast Ganondorf and placing 13th. God **** what a beast. Ganon for Top Tier, Chainchokes for God Tier!

Firefly: wtf Jake. K first of all I hate watching brawl matches. I find them absolutely boring and drawn out, like jiggly puff dittos in melee or floatie vs floatie matches in melee. However, your yoshi is the sickest thing i've ever seen ever and I honestly had a good time watching it. The entire time, the thing that was going through my head was "wtfwtfwtfwtf" Next time, don't sandbag in singles and win ADAT2! bwahaha.

T-Block: MATTT WOOONG. You're a pretty cool guy. Engineering, Asian and everything. Let's hang out sometime. Awesome PT, everyone was talking about it. There was constant chatter about the same subject. xD "Oh god, everytime T-Block switched out from Ivysaur, I cried." xDD

Skrem: At ADAT2, Chad v2.0 will be revealed to the world. Seriously, you are a god for bring melee to a brawl event. Thanks to you, I actually had fun! JOKES JOKES. xD Thanks for offering people rides and everything, it was very nice of you. Your melee peach is shaping up quite nicely!

1337i: Another new guy I met that I really like! You're a pretty awesome, let's hang out sometime! I had a fun time in our pika vs ganon match! Really close and a lot of fun. xD

Sean Hunter: The entire time during this tourney, and before, I was hoping I wasn't going to run into a sheik player. Thanks for playing a ganon ditto before you went all sheik vs me. xD The ganon ditto was a lot of fun, we should play more often!

DMK: It was awesome finally being able to meet you! We should play sometime. Tough luck in pools, but you took a match off of Luke! It was awesome to see that happen. Really exciting. xD I don't know my match ups so I guess I don't understand how epic it is for a DDD to beat a Falco, but congrats!

ColinJF: hahaha. I remembered you used to be pretty quite and conservative, but you've gotten so outspoken! It was hilarious listening to you play, and it was awesome having you encourage my CHAINCHOKING. xD

AISH: GOOD JOB HOSTING THE TOURNEY. IT WAS WELL DONE AND SMOOTH. GOOD JOB PLACING WELL. THEBESTTHEBEST. ALSO THANKS FOR THE BUBBLE TEA AND HOUSING ME AFTER THE EVENT. <3

I hope I didn't forget anyone. xD

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It honestly doesn't bug me. I just like laughing about going, "Stop calling me Bob, ****it!!!" LOL

I don't mind being called Spin-Dash either. I just have a new Smash tag. No biggy. ♥ Again, it was nice to have you there. ^^

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hmm shoutouts:

Victor: Wow you came. I have a couple things to say to you. You're extremely BM during tournaments and I don't really appreciate it. Constant talking during matches, and putting way too much pressure on people while they play is not cool. Mark was ****ting his pants during that match, and all I was thinking while listening to that was, "wow what a douche bag." Anyways it was cool hanging out nevertheless so good for that. Also not nearly enough ganon rep, I expected way more.

Mark: Well you already know what I think. We did good in doubles huh?

DMK: LOLOLOLOL! **** man, that match was expertly done.

Brandon: One of the best guys to have at a tournament. So friendly, and can be really funny at times. We didn't play like any friendlies, but we did play in a tournament match which is even better. Lol at using kirby and MK vs me :p.

T-block: Just another generic asian -_-. Good PT, and good show for almost beating Jack, that's pretty impressive. I expected you to beat colin but I guess colin's ness is too good :\. Better luck next time.

Colin: 2nd place in low tier, not bad, that's what I predicted what would happen though. Our match in singles was absolutely ridiculous, you definitely had me sweating, nicely done.

Jamie: A new young face, I hope you stick around, because I bet you could get pretty good.

Fraser: I am telling you man, you should check out the character boards on this site, it will drastically improve your game.

Jack: Eh no luck johns right? :p. But honestly I am the most unlucky person ever, so I'll take it. But to be fair I was a match up on you so don't feel like that was the set changing event ;). JK... kinda (it was pretty set changing though).

Firefly: Really good yoshi. I bet next time you'll come back and be even better, and really blow us away. You're one to look out for.

Aish: Make sure you keep the money more secure next time. Honestly anyone could come into the store and take that whole thing and run before we could do anything. Good tournament though, and it was ran smoothly. Wow at almost beating mark rofl.

Dan: Oh God >_>. Next time I'll get you! I always mess up in falco dittos, I don't know why. Once I improve it enough I am so gonna win ;).

GG's everyone, and you all better make it to my tournament.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luke lol, I don't take Brawl seriously. Everyone, you especially, shout now that I'm just beaking. Plus, lol I love Mark. I knew he was gonna win anyways, but it's fun to cheer for the underdog.

And I didn't use Ganon that much so that everyone would still have some moral to play at ADAT2.

T-block

B2B TST
Arite, time to do this properly:

Luke: Generic asian lol...effin' rights. I'm pretty whitewashed actually...ashamed of it too. Three tournies now and I still haven't had the chance to play you - ADAT for sure though... friendlies if nothing else, arite?

Brandon: Gotta agree with everyone man... Kuradoruarudaourudo is too hard to pronounce =P I'm glad I could influence you to play more PT, and I'm always up for PT dittos. It's my favourite matchup by far. Your Sonic might be the trippiest thing I've ever fought in Brawl. We only played friendlies, but they were hella fun. GG's

Jack: I came into this tournament wondering what the hell I was gonna do with PT if I came up against a Marth, and getting ***** by you at You.three had a lot to do with it. I'm really glad I managed to put up a good fight yesterday though - great set, and I look forward to more in the future.

Geed: You kicked my *** in pools lol... between you and Dan I think Snake has become my worst and least favourite matchup lol. GG's

Dan: You crazy hustler. Spend that two bucks well ok? You've got a **** Falco...hopefully next time I'll be able to take on Snake instead.

Pitch: **** man... your Zero Suit is as awesome as ever, and now I can't take you to Rainbow Cruise lol. Awesome games... gotta love Pictochat xP Once I can drive I'll definitely road trip to fort one day and play with you guys.

Firefly: Man your Yoshi came out of nowhere lol. It's amazing playing against you and watching you play. This is one matchup I'll definitely look into, because it was a lot of fun. Good games, and congrats on taking low tier. Share your cake please.

Logan: I've never seen you post on smashboards, but whatever. Your Olimar is still scary, and you really surprised me with Zelda in low tier. Seems like we're destined to meet in every tourney we go to, so here's to some good games in the future.

Zack: Gotta say, you kept me on my toes with all the random characters you play. I really respect that man, so keep it up. I'd love to see a Jigglypuff start placing in Alberta.

Vic: My fellow Asian <3 Some pretty good matches in pools there... it's too bad you don't play Brawl more seriously. I wish I could have experienced the leet chain choke too, but I guess I'll just consider myself lucky this time ;) We definitely should hang out some time. I heard you like this game called Melee... you should teach me how to play again imo.

Skrem: Skrem you might be the nicest guy I've ever met. I've heard you got a pretty sick Peach, so I definitely want some matches next time. Thanks so much for the ride after as well... I really appreciate it.

Colin: After last month, one of my main goals coming into this month was to beat you. I'm really happy I can go even with you now, and we have some ridiculously fun matches. I'm honoured to be the first person to gimp your Ness with Water Gun ;) I dunno what else to say but RRRRROCK SMAAAAASH

Aish: Another person I have yet to play against, so let's get some matches in next time ok? Thanks so much for hosting... I had a lot of fun.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I've been putting this off, because I've never done shoutouts before and I really don't want to miss anybody. But, here goes...

Superboom - Sorry for declining the MM. XD I'm just not ready yet, as you demonstrated both in our pool matches and our friendlies. I'm going to try and get better so that perhaps I can give you a challenge next time. With any luck, I may even remember to select my tag so my controls work properly. =P

Alphicans - Your Falco is scary, and I'm still not really sure what to do against it. There may be a bit of a mental block caused by the memory of you destroying me in my first ever tournament set, but there is no doubt that I still have a long way to go before I'll be able to win against you. I feel I'm improving - I got 1-stocked as opposed to being 2-stocked like at you.three - but that may have been a side-effect of the laggy TV ruining your chain-grab. >_< Oh, and your Captain Falcon is fun to watch. =3

KillL0ck - I...actually haven't played a 1v1 match against you yet. o.0 The results of that match-up are predictable, but I feel I could learn a thing or two from those matches. Marth is one of Yoshi's worst match-ups, so if anything would help me to perform against the odds, that would be it. And we all know trying to use Yoshi competitively is all about defying the odds. V.V

Pitch - I only got a match or two with you, but they were a lot of fun. ZSS is one of those unique characters that is just a lot of fun to play against, and you rep the character very well. Keep it up, and I hope for some more matches the next time we meet. ^.^

Spin-Dash - 'Kay, on a serious note, do NOT feel bad for using Metaknight on me. It was a tourney match; you're supposed to do whatever it takes to win, and that's exactly what you did. It's my own fault for not having the experience to get around that. However, as a low-tier main, there's a part of me that just wants you to go tear up the brackets using your Sonic alone. Next time, though, I want friendlies against your MK so I can figure out what the heck I'm doing. =P Oh, and Melee Link dittos were pretty awesome.

T-Block - Wow, it took me a really long time to get at your PT. And what a PT; not only did you place fifth in singles, but you did so with a low-tier character that forces you to use three completely different playstyles at the same time. I know it's probably second-nature to you by now, but that takes skill. As I said earlier, I need to learn to DI properly so your Ivysaur doesn't get a bucketload of free damage on me with your stupid Bullet Seed. Good matches, and it's a shame we didn't think to record them. >_<

Colin - I'm still waiting for that comeback. XD I'm still not entirely sure how I pulled off that minor miracle in Low Tiers, seeing how easily you knocked me out of the loser's bracket in singles. Your Ness is insane, and if I let up even for a second, I find myself if a really bad position really quickly. It felt like a major accomplishment to win against you, and those matches were definitely the highlight of this tourney for me. Great matches. =]

Frio - I'm annoyed. Two tourneys in a row, and both times, our friendlies have been interrupted by doubles. >_> My goal isn't even to put up a good fight anymore; I just want to have enough time to finish a bloody match. Your Pikachu is fun to watch, but I've only got a taste of it so far. It just makes me want to have that match more. That was your plan all along, wasn't it? Admit it. =P

Firefly - Do better in singles next time, n00b.

Logan - Your freaking Pikmin are a pain to get around. You really gave me a run for my money in pools, and quite frankly, I'm surprised I got the win. It's so disappointing to see an Fsmash connect, only to realize nothing happened because you happened to be blowing a whistle at the time. =[ Keep working on that Olimar; you've got something really good going on there.

aish - This tournament was awesome, and I want to thank you for all that you've done to keep this running (even if you did almost DQ me from the singles bracket =P). Please host more, and maybe I'll actually get the chance to take on your Pit. ^_^

Victra - I see you posting everywhere about how amazing you are with Ganon, but really, I think your bark is worse than your bite. Just because Ganon is amazing, that doesn't make everybody who uses him amazing. I'm going to prove it to you. Next time, I challenge you to a Ganon vs. Ganon fight to the death, and the winner will lay claim to the glory that comes with being the ultimate king of Brawl. Only when you defeat me in this epic duel will I permit you to lay claim to that title. =]

LGeed - I was feeling the pressure during our bracket match, as my first tournament ended when I lost to a Snake at the same point where I was facing you. I reached an important checkpoint in my not-so-long journey to 9th that set, and your skills made that a satisfying and fulfilling accomplishment for me. I just consider myself lucky you didn't counterpick R.O.B. on me. =P

Karl Rath - You use the one character I get to play against fairly often, so you had an inherent disadvantage against me. XD Nonetheless, I really had to work for that win in pools. You've got a great counterpick in Halberd by the way; it's not a stage most people would ban, yet you're REALLY hard to approach under that platform. Kudos for the good battles.

Yoshara - I know Wolf's recovery gets screwy sometimes when you're around ledges, but the way you can exploit that was completely foreign to me until yesterday. Imagine my surprise when you're under the ledge and I'm waiting patiently on the stage for you to grab the ledge, only to see you side B THROUGH THE STAGE and sweetspot me with it. o.0 I call h4x. Your Wolf was fun to play against, and your texture hacks (I see a pattern here...) were really awesome. I expect to see an Orange Yoshi on your Wii at the next tourney. =P

Fraser - You gave me a really rough time in pools; Lucario is just a really bad match-up for me, it seems. You did a solid job in low tiers too; your Lucas seems to do really well against players that don't have the unfair advantage of being allowed to use their mains. =P You've got an interesting variety of characters, and it's always fun battling you to see what's going to happen next.

Zack - I didn't get as many battles with you as I did at you.three, but I do remember watching your Jigglypuff perform against Snake. Now, one would assume that this match-up would be very one-sided, but you held your own very well, and that made for a fun match to watch. The variety of characters around here is really quite amazing. ^.^ Hopefully, we'll get some 1v1s at the next event.

1337i - Nice Pikachu! Those little yellow mice are fun to play against, but to be honest, I'm kinda glad I wasn't in your pool, because I probably would've gotten sick of them. XD Good games, and hopefully we'll get the chance to play again sometime.

Skrem - What's this I hear about you giving people rides home after the tourney? =0 You may not win tournaments, but ****ed if you're not one the nicest guys around. Between that, your supply of setups and cables, and your general attitude, you're great to have around, and those little things do not go unnoticed. I enjoyed the many matches we played, especially the doubles friendlies where we just kept going, no matter how many times we got destroyed. =P Good stuff all around.

DMK - It was about time I found somebody who uses Dedede. =0 We only got a couple matches in, but they were fun, and I definitely want to get some more experience there in the future. More friendlies next time? ^.^

Jordan - You didn't even have time to adjust to the wierdness that is Yoshi by the time our match got interrupted. D= I can't help but get nervous around DK, and I'm a little afraid of what will happen when you catch on to my patterns. Let's try to get a full match in next time, shall we? =]

To anybody I didn't mention here, it's due to some combination of not having seen/played you enough and mixing up faces and screennames. >_< My apololgies for all that fall under that category. Challenge me to a match next time; I'll gladly accept. =]

/walloforangelines

:005:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I only took Kuraudo because Cloud is taken on every single god**** forum site out there. Lmao Hahah, but it also cuts into why I picked it anyway, but hey. Don't wanna call me that, then just call me Brandon like everyone else does. Hahah.

We need WAY more friendlies in Brawl. Along with an actual Pool/Bracket match some time. I'd love to do the P.Trainer vs. Sonic match again. It's pretty even.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Victra - I see you posting everywhere about how amazing you are with Ganon, but really, I think your bark is worse than your bite. Just because Ganon is amazing, that doesn't make everybody who uses him amazing. I'm going to prove it to you. Next time, I challenge you to a Ganon vs. Ganon fight to the death, and the winner will lay claim to the glory that comes with being the ultimate king of Brawl. Only when you defeat me in this epic duel will I permit you to lay claim to that title. =]
:3 I'll just let you know now that I just beak around with Brawl to cause a disturbance. I'm a melee kinda guy. But i'm totally up for Ganon dittos, funnest things everrrrr.

ALSO LOL T-BLOCK. BEST AVATAR EVER. Do you play tetris hxc?

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
This should be interesting - lot of people im still trying to get to know, so my shoutouts will remain short, and likely be missing some of the other players - please do not be offended.

Superboom - We didn't have a match at all here, be nice to get a couple in at adat. I'm very aware of the difference in skill here, but I'm all for gettin pwned to learn new things.

Killock - Your marth is a song in motion - I was so thoroughly impressed to have a chance to watch it. Did we have a match? I don't remember :D

Alphicans - We didn't get a match this time around, hopefully if you're not too busy runnin things at your tourny you'll give me a good match, Falco is a matchup that drives me crazy :)

Victra - So glad to finally meet you. You're a cool person - And Andrew!!! oh ANDREW!!! you're the disaster master with Marth on melee!

Fraser - We're definetly going to do doubles at adat. I'll be more prepared for adat, don't you worry! :D

T-Block - Glad to have a chance to get to know you a bit on the drive home. Hopefully I can remember what you look like at adat2, sitting in the drivers seat made it difficult to remember your face and I was pretty tired :p Was watching your PT, I'm excited and nervous to match you but hope we can at adat.

ColinJf - Sorry guy, you seem like a nice enough person but honestly - sometimes you come across a bit condescending and arrogant. It gave me pause to give you a drive home, but I'm glad I did. Your ness is always fun to watch, better luck vs Yoshi at adat! (Colin deserves the cake for his whopping)

Frio - PIkachu!! oh god the yellow lightning.....

Pitch - You guy, are a wonder with ZSS. I was .... stunned.....
it was quite a show you put on with her - perhaps next time I'll just use my main against you and see how I fair :p Silly me for picking your best matchups =\

DMK - You're DDD is the fastest fatass ive ever fought. I was struggling a lot avoiding your grabs, but I didnt think I did too badly. I woulda liked to have had a couple more matches, but everyone wanted to play and I didn't wanna hoard one TV for too long. :)

LGeed - dont believe we had a match, but if we did im sure it was great because smash is god.

Yoshara - Your hacks are l33t. Don't forget that Im considering Hax0rz for me wii too, perhaps at adat or if you're not busy even before then sometime so we dont waste time at adat doin it :p

Karl Rath - we never had a match i dont think, but your name is pimp so dont think it woulda made a difference, you're 0wnage.

Logan - Pikmin are creepy. Like little leeches. You creepy guy. How does it feel to control a small army while sucking the life out of any who are in your face? I think olimar has small man syndrome.

Zack - GigglyPuff deserves a medal. You're really good with it. Theres no escaping the roll, you just don't see it comin! We had some great doubles matches, Fras and me vs you and (jordan???)

Jordan - Sorry man - was face and name overload, im struggling here - im also old, please understand.

AISH - - - - GREAT WORK ALL AROUND YOU ROX0RZ!
Only thing I have to say about the tournament really, was already said. The money needs to be in a more secure spot, because - as trusting as you are about everyone who attended the tournament, Alphicans is correct in assuming that any joe that walks in for a tea or icecream may simply snatch the cash and book it before anyone notices. 118th Avenue is a not so friendly place. And not too far from Sou Kawaii.
Aside from the above, you did a great job. Considering you were bailed out on by your partner.

NIKANOR = JENS = ..............................................*shakes head in dissapointment*

DMK.

Smash Journeyman

DMK - It was about time I found somebody who uses Dedede. =0 We only got a couple matches in, but they were fun, and I definitely want to get some more experience there in the future. More friendlies next time? ^.^

We played? I didn't play vs a Yoshi all day o.O

edit: now that I think about it, I remember getting completely owned by eggs...but nothing else XD

T-block

B2B TST
T-Block - Glad to have a chance to get to know you a bit on the drive home. Hopefully I can remember what you look like at adat2, sitting in the drivers seat made it difficult to remember your face and I was pretty tired :p Was watching your PT, I'm excited and nervous to match you but hope we can at adat.
No worries man...I'll definitely ask for a match at ADAT.

ALSO LOL T-BLOCK. BEST AVATAR EVER. Do you play tetris hxc?
Heh...not super hardcore, but I'm pretty hooked. Not cool enough for TGM and stuff...I like multiplayer SRS.
Made a sexy sig too vvv

Pitchshifter

Smash Rookie
Okay, inc shoutouts for real.

Dan: You won like, a bunch of money and still didn't buy the pizza at the end of the night! I definitely didn't see any of your matches besides Grand Finals though, which were you know... Falco dittos. lol. I'm assuming you just Dan'd it up all over the place.

Luke: Didn't see any of your matches either, but I had fun facing you again in singles. Hopefully next time I can give you a better run for your money! Or maybe you'll practice up in Falco dittos and give Dan a scare. See you at ADAT2 for sures.

Jack: SUP BRO, BRO. BROBROBRO. Don't die on Frigate Orpheon next time, kay?

T-BLAWK: You're just awesome. Friendlies were a lot of fun, just chill. In huge contrast, our set in singles was so intense I couldn't feel my arms after. I freaked when you 3 stocked me on Pictochat there! I was like, ohsnap, squirtle, my arch nemesis. Too fun, you should definitely come chill in the fort some time. You and Dylan can work on your PTs together.

Colin: I don't think I got to play a single game against you outside of doubles (LOL doubles.) so hopefully next time we'll get to play. Your ness is a total bad***. The spirit of LVL9 MK was still echoing through Sou Kawaii, for sure.

Frio: I need to stop rolling in to your dsmash, jesus. That thing hurts. Great great matches we had, if you hadn't botched your recovery on Castle Siege, you would have had me, easily. Still, ultracrazyintense games, I love it.

Sean Hunter: If I remember who you are correctly, you were my first match in singles both at you.three and Sou Kawaii 1. If so, then you've switched mains again and did pretty good for yourself! Don't see much sheik at all, so that's pretty sweet. Hopefully next time we can at least play some friendlies.

Firefly: You sir are cool. Yoshi is cool, I've got respect for people who pick one low tier main, and don't back down. No counterpick characters, no meta knights so you can win. Awesome. Besides, who needs another character? Your Yoshi is savage. Keep at it. You should also come to the fort. Cause that's where all the cool kids are. (Except Jack, he's not cool but we let him hang out anyways)

Geed: I know you aren't going to read this anyways Chris. But uh, sick matches in singles. Your over-confidence had me worried actually, I was like, man, he's pretty sure he's going to beat me... and you almost did with snake! Marth got savaged.

Yoshara: You should money match me with fox. >.>

Aish: Thanks for organizing another tournament. Let me know if you need more setups next time, I'll see what I can do. Last time I wasn't so sure about the venue, but I think it really worked this time. Had a lot of fun and I'm looking forwards to the next one. Also: Didn't get to face you at all at any point ever. Maybe your Pit got better? Friendlies next time fo sho.

Everyone else: I probably didn't play you, see you play, or I just haven't got much to say.

Hopefully see you all at ADAT2 and the next monthly, GL and HF in everything and such. Keep up the diversity in mains!

OHSNAP almost forget sir spindashdash

Brandon: Sorry for blowing a fuse on you there man, you know the reasons. Good matches for sure, I just get a little hot headed. ZSS v Sonic friendlies some time? I've only really played your D3, he's kinda ultracamp you know. I know you were having fun at the tourney, but a few times I could hear you plain old talking trash about people in your bracket. Should tone it down. Otherwise it's good having you around, super friendly nice guy for the most part!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
GET T-SPIN'D oh god did I ever lol. T-Block I love you. Tetris MM at ADAT2!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
:3 I'll just let you know now that I just beak around with Brawl to cause a disturbance. I'm a melee kinda guy. But i'm totally up for Ganon dittos, funnest things everrrrr.
I know all that, silly. =P I'm just warning you that I've got you in my sights, and next time we meet, your Ganon will be de-throned. ^.^

Edit: There were a few little things I forgot to add:

1. When is the next Sou Kawaii? Will it be before or after ADAT, or will there even be a July edition? I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully I'll have a doubles partner next time. =0

2. Somebody had better host a Brawlfest or something before ADAT. I don't want my Yoshi getting rusty. D=

3. Does anybody else find it strange that the only vids we have from this were Low Tier Grand Finals? o.0 Are there any other vids floating around that haven't been uploaded yet?

...:005:

aish

Smash Journeyman
Ahaha the money thing, it shall be safes once all collected next time.
mike wong - I be scared of your PT 8D super scared of squirtle as much as I am with pika xD just cause he's small D8 but I would like to tryy
Pitch - I actually been preparing for the zss matchup ever since thinking I may fight you again but I didn't! xD like finally learning how to glide toss was all cause of you lol! You saw me sliding during those doubles 8D I really did want to try myself out at your zss again but I'm pretty shy at asking people to play against me hahaha so other people ask to play me instead of me asking D8 I will probably never ask myself unless I'm glowing with confidence xD

and no I havn't uploaded the other vids yet xDDD they shall be put up soon xD what I have atleast, people should try remembering to save 8( just press Z!

And I'm thinking to see if the next one can be held a few days before or right before ADAT2, it'd be great prep for all of us : D and can all of you vote if we should hold pools or not on our future monthlies?

Geed

Smash Rookie
Hmm.. Shout-outs aren't for me. Why? Cause, I'm L-Geed and me being there was amazing in its own sense.

I had a blast at that tourney and I hope too see a lot of the people who were there again sometime.
Ill practise up with Dan more often and come back to the next tourney and kick *** lol. Great matches all around!

Edit: ALSO
In the next tourney... I will be this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKb9_Ab7lyY
prepare.

Top Bottom