• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Smashers Union (CSU of you will)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Hi everyone.

After running Focus Cancel, there are a lot more Columbus Smashers than I thought.

SO in response to this, I wanted to make a thread where we can plan smashfest/training sessions as well as organize rides to tournes. (No this is not an official crew... but more of a Group...)

Columbus
Smashers
Union

New to the Area or visiting? Come and talk to us!

Here are the smashers I know in this area:
Brawl:
TheKiest (me of course...)
Quivo (gone most of July)
Schwaa
Mars
Nest
Crunch
Moose
Laoshu
MX
King Blaze
Blue
Reiki
Z
Baro (Plain City)
Hence (Plain City)
Swift
Jrdan
AZ (Gone until late Sept)

Melee:
Quivo
Drephen
Watty
Big_R
DJ
Shadow_Phoenix (Pickerington)
DippinDots
Ajj
Soap
Hood (The Overtly obnoxious link player)
Zynx
Radioh
Mo
Miller
Jo
aqten
Rance
4%Apr?

*** I know there is a lot more Melee, but I don't recall them at this point.

I included Melee in this list, because there is a strong enough Melee scene to get things rolling. The brawl scene in C-bus was pretty small 6 months ago until we realized how many of us there was.

I would also like to plan a trip during the week to Springfield/Smashfield for some practice too, (They do it just about everyday)

Next Tournes:
Test Your Might 6: July 18th (Melee Singles, Brawl Doubles, and Brawl Singles) 20 mins from Cleveland
Pool Pools: July 25th (Brawl Singles and Doubles) 20 mins from Cleveland
Springfield, Ohio Monthlies: August 1st (Brawl Singles and Doubles) 45 minutes from Columbus.
Back to School Special: August 8th (Brawl Singles, Crew and Maybe Doubles) Athens, Ohio
Seasons Beatings 4 (No smash boards thread yet... :( ): October 16-18th (Brawl prolly on 17th, not sure about Melee status) Columbus

Next Brawl meeting:

Quivo's Monday July 6th?
Dayton Weeklies (Maybe Melee, too?)
Springfield Dailies: Nope's House (See this thread for address)

Next Melee meeting:
STEP IT UP PEOPLE!!!!
DON'T MAKE ME HOST ONE, EVEN THOUGH I DON'T PLAY THE GAME!!!

PLEASE POST OTHER TOURNAMENTS C-bus WOULD GO TO HERE!!!!

There is a good chance that I will work with Bigcitytournament and Maddock from Focus Cancel to do something in Columbus again in late August, assuming they get a place before August gets booked up.

Keep on posting!

lou4222

Smash Lord
way to step up and organize the community keist. Too bad we couldnt go to Focus Cancel last weekend. Host another on a non conflicting date and we will all be there.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, I'm willing to play Melee. There's also Ajj and Soap, I think they might play once a week.

I'll be gone most of JUly, but I'll be back August. AZ and I will probably end up going to a decent amount of tournaments next school year if other people are willing to alternate drives.

clowsui

Smash Legend
yup
i'll be free during most days later in the evening
if i can go off campus, that is...
q-q-q-q-quivo and i should be playing monday, so long as i can go off campus

DippnDots

Feral Youth
dont include me in brawl, i'll never pay money to enter it, and i probably couldnt play it for longer than an hour :p

COLUMBUS MELEE WE NEED TO PLAY MOAR, here are some more who'll play

Zynx
Radioh

Those three are in dublin

Mo
Miller
Jo

Those three are in worthington, technically

The people who run Middle of Ohio are in Worthington

And I'm in Worthington too, but moving into an apartment in two months

If anyone wants to play with me and those first six, send me a PM and we can set something up.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
dont include me in brawl, i'll never pay money to enter it, and i probably couldnt play it for longer than an hour :p

COLUMBUS MELEE WE NEED TO PLAY MOAR, here are some more who'll play

Zynx
Radioh

Those three are in dublin

Mo
Miller
Jo

Those three are in worthington, technically

The people who run Middle of Ohio are in Worthington

And I'm in Worthington too, but moving into an apartment in two months

If anyone wants to play with me and those first six, send me a PM and we can set something up.
Those are the melee names I wanted to see. I'll update the first post.

Nope

Smash Lord
You should add Springfield Dailys to the list lol. Honestly there are people playing brawl in springfield in some form or another every day.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I know MasterWGS has a melee specific thread for ohioans, and it has a couple people in columbus. The link eludes me and i'm doing anthropology right now >_>

4% APR

Smash Champion
im like 2 hours from columbus so i'd come to any tournies but probably not any smashfests or anything

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Brawl Players!:

Anyone want to go to Springfield, Ohio sometime next week for some training with Smashfield?

Let me know!

Hence

Smash Ace
I'm extremely late to the Melee scene, but I picked up Jigglypuff & Peach last month.

As per Brawl, Baro and I will host another tourney at some point. :)

TariqX2

Smash Rookie
Man I would love to be more a part of this scene.

But I dont know any main tournaments in this area

I attended the Springfield tournament with Ally and them but other than that I havent been to any tournaments. I also went to focus cancel in holiday hotel

Are there anymore tournaments after the Seasons Beatings because im planning on attending more after that

Top Bottom