• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ Character #7~ Falco Lombardi

DFEAR

Smash Hero

Discuss The Bread Guy. Input as MUCH info as needed + the following.

Both Characters Air Game Against Each Other:
Both Characters Ground Game Against Each Other:
Moves To Avoid and HOW to avoid them:
Diddy's Moves to Utilize In The Matchup:
Personal Strategies To Help With Matchup:
Overall Character Ratio:

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong vs. Falco Lombardi

Diddy Kong
  • On ground Bananas throws are almost useless to approach
  • Side B is a great way to avoid Falco reflector
  • Charged Peanut gun will gimp Falco if he Side B recovers to the stage
  • Dtilt is great for comboing
  • Utilt is great after the dash attack
  • SH Peanuts > Banana toss > Diddy flip is good use for pressuring
  • Falco reflectors beats Dash attack, Peanuts, Bananas

Falco
  • Falco Reflector are banana repelent
  • Falco has a GLIDE TOSS!
  • Falco can combo well with GT > Dash, or GT > Usmash
  • Falco has great killing power
  • Falco Fsmash has a fairly decent range and hitbox
  • All falco tilts are great use for combos
  • Falco can CHAINGRAB YOU! from 0-50%
  • Rapid A's is will keep you from pressuring

Banana/Ground game note: Falco vs. diddy IMO one of the most awkward matches in the game, you play falco different from any other character like a new style. In this matchup you need to focus on having just one banana, and I know what your thinking "one banana! I can use two bananas just fine" No, Falco can get your bananas to easily with his Dash attack and with his GT being so deadly using one bananas help yous put your self in better control and not letting falco get a taste of it.

also. . . .
SIDE B!!!!! > Banana

Diddy Kong
  • Less prioirty
  • All your air attacks do well
  • FF Fair FTW
  • Gimping Falco is fairly easy

Falco
  • SH double lasers is deadly
  • Poor Recovery
  • Bair is best killing move
  • More priority
  • SH > Dair is spammable
  • Has a spike and are fairly decent at it

Chaingrab!
  • How to avoid: Be defensive from 0 - 50% and from 50-Death be more aggressive

Reflector
  • How to avoid: Side B, Vertical Banana throw

Double Lasers:
  • How to avoid: Don't let him camp you, pressure him

Banana / Reflector Note: Falco's when playing diddy are practically in a conscious effort to PREDICT when and next time you will throw your banana. This is why YOU [diddy player] to have a conscious effort to mix up and in a way "bait" the reflector then punish the cooldown.

Diddy to Utliize
  • SIDE B
  • Dtilt
  • Bthrow

Personal Strategies To Help With Matchup: C

Personal Strategies
  • Conscious effor for mindgame

Overall Character Ratio:
55:45-40:60 Falco's Favor

____________________________________________​

PhatyCHONG's: The Official Diddy Kong Tournament Stage Match-up Discussion

:falco:
Falco:​

Counterpicks: Castle Seige, Luigi Mansion, Rainbow Cruise, Smashville/FD, Laylat Cruise [potential CP]
Reason for Counter:

Castle Seige
Transformation 1
  • Is small and avoids excessive falco camping
  • The Slope can hurt his "chain grab" and "lasers"
  • Having control of the high grounds of the slop allows you to have better approach options while better avoiding falco's reflectors
Transformation 2
  • Statues eats lasers
Transformation 3
  • Tilting stage hurts "Chain grab"
  • Tilting stage hurts "Recovery" and certain parts of the stage gimps Falco's recovery such as LC.
  • Stage layout is similar to FD and SV w/ no platform

[Stage Advice: Castle Seige
  • During transformation 2 you have a possibility of being CG'd off the edge with the walk off ledges so keep you game in the middle and avoid the ground.
  • During the transformation between 2 & 3 and 3 & 1 if you throw a banana at the end of the transformation at Falco the banana "trip animation" will gimp him from recovery because of the stage transformation.
]

Luigi Mansion
  • Falco's camp game is destroyed by the wall pillars
  • Glide tossing can give interesting potential for banana toss to pillar protection
  • platforms underneath the stage can potentially save you from CG'd to Dspike
  • Diddy can move fairly easy through out the stage

Rainbow Cruise

• Vast majority of the 2 minute cruise really hurts falco's camping options
  • Diddy has the advantage on the ship, take high grounds of the ship
  • Naners can lock Falco in the corner of the ship
  • Falco is MOST Vulnerable for gimpage on this map and edge garding / fast-fall aerial attacks are essential.
IMO [PhatyCHONG] best potential for CP against Falco because of gimping recovery exploiting

Smashville / FD
  • SV & FD are always good maps for Diddy against any character
  • Flat map allows diddy to be at his best for banana use
  • Smashville is more helpful to avoid lasers than FD because of the platform
  • Smashville is a smaller stage than FD to allow shorter CG by Falco
  • IMO [PhatyCHONG] Smashville is your better choice but FD has just as good potential against Falco

Laylat Cruise: [Potential Counter]

• Stage tilt hurts "CG's"
  • Stage tilt hurts "lasers"
  • Stage tilt hurts "recovery" and already has a natural gimpable ledge

Bans: Jungle Japes, Norfair
Reason for Ban:

Jungle Japes
  • Falco can camp better than any character here
  • Falco best map [according to Falco's match up discussion] for CG'able Characters
  • Falco can whip you out so quickly with the CG because the Dspike hit you into the water which can most likely kill you no matter what percentage

[Stage advice: If somehow you have to play this stage against Falco best advice is to KEEP YOUR DISTANCE even though he can camp you Peanut gun, airdodgeing and bananas are your only way you can win, one grab and it over. Don't approach unless he is tripping. If the falco you play knows how to CG your chances are like 15:85 unless their is massive skill difference LOL]

Norfair
  • Falco can camp fairly well on this stage
  • 5 platforms hurts your banana game
  • CG's on the small platforms with the Dspike can get you potentially killed

[Stage Advice: If you somehow you have to play this stage against Falco, approach from high ground angles are your best bet. Vertical Banana throws are alot easier on this match which avoids reflector, when below falco peanut gun help from certain Falco approaches.]

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Falco isn't as tough as a lot of people think. The most important thing is to avoid getting gimped by his chaingrab ->spike. If you meteor cancel well and DI away from the stage you should be able to get back on the stage every time. After the spike falco will generally try to gimp your rocket barrels with a back air or edge hog so mix up going for the edge or going over onto the stage.

Falco's reflector is another thing to look out for. Don't just go blindly charging in throwing bananas or they'll just end up back in your face. This doesn't mean you shouldn't be aggressive though. No matter what you do, you'll end up having a few of your bananas hit you in the face but it's not that big of a deal since the cool down on the reflector pretty much negates any follow ups that Falco would have. What I like to do is to soft throw my bananas which usually ends up with the bananas getting reflected right in front of me where I can easily pick them up. Another effective stategy is to run up and glide toss back to bait the reflector and then punish. It also sometimes works to jump and toss the bananas over the reflector.

In the air, I'd say Diddy has the advantage. Fair pretty much *****. Just don't try to challenge Falco's dair. On the ground it's pretty even. Laser spam is annoying but Diddy can get around it pretty easily.

Once you get Falco off the edge peanut spam mixed with banana tosses off the stage can really mess Falco up. If you can force him to have to use a b move to get to the edge it's usually a pretty easy edgehog.

overall I'd say the matchup is 50:50. maybe 55:45 Falco's favor.

DUB

Smash Lord
Tips & Tricks

If there is any amount of distance between you and Falco your going to get laser spammed. They are not hard to perfect shield go right on through them. When you come up to about mid range the reflector well most likely come out if your strapped with a naner. Jump and throw it over the reflector. You can then: Monkey Flip Kick or grab the naner and chase the tech with a GT.

Diddy's grabs are deadly against Falco. Your primary objective is to grab him and throw him offstage and instantly grab a naner. Your GT has enough range to cover his Phantasm so just GT OoS, grab him, throw him back off. If he attempts to firebird, Diddy is agile enough to intercept it costing Falco a stock. Anytime Falco is offstage you should be squeezing out popgun rounds and throwing naners. ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO FORCE THAT FIREBIRD

I prefer to stay mid range from Falco. Close enough where they will think twice about busting a laser but far enough away where I want be grabbed. If you are not sure you punish Falco in time for something, play it safe. His spot dodge is incredible and you will be jab-grabbed in an instant.

When Diddy gets in kill range ( which will be about 120+ for Falco with his mediocre killing ability some Falcos start to change the way they move. A lot of Falco's I've played like to run up and do a SHL while floating backwards waiting for the moment they can run in and Up Smash. Don't flirt with it. Run away, GT OoS but dont try to run through it because you want a dash attack.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Falco isn't as tough as a lot of people think. The most important thing is to avoid getting gimped by his chaingrab ->spike. If you meteor cancel well and DI away from the stage you should be able to get back on the stage every time.
I thought it was safer to smash DI towards the stage and tech it.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I agree with what DUB said about edgeguarding. Also, as DUB said, throws are very important in this matchup. It really puts pressure on the Falco so once you get through his wall of lasers, try to keep the pressure up and hold the momentum. Dont let him get away where he can reset the situation with lasers.

The reflecter can be annoying but you shouldnt really let the Falco benifit from it that much. Learn to mix it up and make him scared to use it after youve punished him several times for predicting wrong. After that, switch it up and start going for obvious forward GTs. After that, itll just become one big guessing game but youre the one with more options :)

Also, Falco has a pretty difficult time killing. If you read all his attempts, you should be able to survie to ~150% on average and maybe more. His kill moves are Usmash, Fsmash, Bair, and Dsmash. At higher percents, if he hits your shield with a dash attack, DONT PUT YOUR SHIELD DOWN. Ive learned from experience that even if you try to shield grab ASAP, he can cancel the dash attack into a Usmash and hit you first. I think you can grab him first if you powershield to grab immediately after but human reflexs arent that fast so its better to just shield the whole thing or dont shield at all. And dont try to shield grab afterward; the Usmash pushs you to far away to grab if he spaced it correctly. Usmash OoS is good to punish things like dash attack, Monkey Kick etc so watch out.

He doesnt really have any reliable setups besides lasers and bananas so it shouldnt be to hard to avoid his kill moves. Just remember how he can kill you and how to avoid them and you should be living longer than against most characters.

The chaingrab is really stupid. A grab at low percents and you take 37 damage (P1 said its 37 and I would trust him :ohwell:) just like that (more if he ends with the gatling combo). And if he gets you to the edge, its a spike. It doesnt really help to just say 'Dont get grabbed' (look at the ICs lol) but there are some things you can do to avoid getting CG for the full damage.

1. Against campy Falcos, you can play more reserved near the beginning. Dont try to get close without tripping him first. Approach UNTIL you get the trip than go in more aggresive. You cant camp a campy Falco cause he'll do a much better job of it than you. If you do this, you either force the Falco to approach to grab (see the next section for what to do here) or you wait for him to slip up, no pun intended, and keep that pressure up.

2. If the Falco approachs, have two banana out at all times. One behind, and one in hand. I sometimes like to dribble back when I have the chance putting a banana in front of me while I pick up the one behind me. It works for me at least.

At middle/higher percents, Falcos can play a sortve guessing game ouof the Dthrow. They can spike you back donw with a Dair, grab again, Fsmash, Usmash etc. I personally see the Fsmash and Dair the most often. But its easy to just jump out of the smash and air dodge the Dair. Just watch him closely and react accordingly.

Remember, you have to change youre playstyle against Falco. If you go about it the wrong way, youre just gonna eat 37+ damage and possibly edgeguarded to death. Play more patient like you would against Marth until you get the oppourtunity you need to get in.

Ratio: 50:50 Even

EDIT: At the Sauce Boss, IIRC, all characters can now stage tech Falcos Dair so I think your right. Good thing to know :)

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
If your SDI is just good enough to where you are only able to force a a wall tech off the side of stages, you desperately need to improve your SDI. Falcos that are acclimated to other players who actually SDI their D-air spike will be expecting you to tech, and will actually be in perfect position to spike you again out of the wall tech.

Instead, work on the precision of your SDI to where you actually widen the angle of the vertical knock-back enough for your collision boxes to hit the actual ground of the stage. This is the more optimum outcome of the two techs for a couple of important reasons:
  • you completely avoid death
  • Falco will not be able to zone you with subsequent D-air spike edge-guarding follow-ups
Teching in place or even tech-rolling will still leave you in position to punish Falco with your own aerials. D-air spiking him right back never ceases to be a beautiful thing. Even if you miss the actual tech, you still have the option of standing up or rolling out of the way in order to reset your spacing.

If you minimize the utility of Falco's low-percent grab game, the rest of the match should be significantly less frustrating. Diddy's grounded move set is, pound for pound, equal to Falco's, although Diddy's attacks more easily exploits Falco's heavy weight and the speed of his natural vertical aerial movement.

Banana peels should only be used to complement the rest of your measured rush-down game in the strictest sense. Their predictable use will only cause a reversal of momentum against your favor. Banana peel combos that you occasionally get off against Falco should only be icing on the cake, and should not be the crux of your strategy against him.

I truly, madly, deeply believe this is slightly in Diddy Kong's favor.

Player-1

Smash Legend

Diddy has more range with his aerials, but Falco's are faster on the startup, and more powerful (Bair, Uair, and Dair). His Nair can combo into things such as jabs, grabs, etc. But Diddy's aerials are more agile and can combo better.

You need to pressure Falco so he can't get his lasers out. You can banana combo Falco pretty easily. When you're at low percent you need to keep bananas out until you're at at least 35% to make getting the CG and continuing the CG much harder for him. Falco can only CG you up to 37% from you 0%. When trying to get out of the CG I suggest trying to Uair him since it's your fastest aerial. If he's not frame perfect he will at least get hit during the super armor frames on the grab. Uair also clashes with Dair, but when you get off stage and you're near the 30ish% then I suggest just DIing away and midair jumping.

CGs: keep 2 bananas on the field at all times at low percents.

Lasers: Keep pressuring him with bananas as much as possible

Usmash/DACUS: The DACUS usually happens when they land one of the SH doubles lasers on you, at high percents I usually stay far away from him, but not like opposite sides of the stage far, just far enough so that he can't DACUS you out of the laser, I find avoiding campy laser Falcos pretty easy and simple.

Reflector: Mix up you're approaches, especially when you have a banana in your hand with monkey flip variations (kick, grab, cancel, midair jump, etc.) and you can also SH throw banana and fair him or something.

Bananas: Falco can be comboed pretty easily at low percents. Throw them off stage when you predict his recovery.

Side-b variations: use it to mix up your approaches so he doesn't always reflect your bananas.

Grabs: Bthrow to combo at low percents with things like the P1 CG, use them to get him offstage and keep him off stage.

Peanuts: When Falco is recovering from far away he is forced to use his side-b to recover, I like to charge a peanut and align it with him to mess the recovery up, I usually get at least one kill or two kills a set using this tactic.

Utilt/Dtilt/Bair: Anything that can combo a fast faller well should be utilized a lot at low percents.

Personal Strategies To Help With Matchup:

All said before, oh and also if you have a banana in your hand and he recovers using side-b onto the stage then you can OoS GT and almost always hit him. And it's also EXTREMELY easy to SDI his rapid jab into a Uair.

Overall Character Ratio:

55:45 Falco or 50:50

TreK

Is "that guy"
I just read the whole stuff ^_^
I didn't see the fact that you can crawl under his reflector mentioned and use the dtilt with banana, so I'm adding it. Mixing up ftw.

I second everything that has been said about the throws ; the best falco I know told me he fears shieldgrabs and it surprised me at the time. Now it makes sense :p

Imo, Falco's advantaged on neutrals, but diddy's better on cps if you ban JJ. I guess that makes the matchup even.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I just read the whole stuff ^_^
I didn't see the fact that you can crawl under his reflector mentioned and use the dtilt with banana, so I'm adding it. Mixing up ftw.
I was the one who brought this to everyone's attention last summer, but there are a couple of misconceptions that I discovered along the way that are continued to be perpetuated. I'm going to go ahead and take this time to definitively clarify the issue now:

While you can crawl under Falco's reflector, you cannot crawl under its hit-box. I don't have precise frame data on it, but the hit-box on the reflector lasts all the way until it reaches its maximum length. It is at that point you will be able to crawl under the reflector itself. I even tested trying to crawl underneath the reflector at point blank range with virtually every character that can do it, and none of them were able to bypass the actual hit-box. I don't even think a crouching Kirby can escape the reflector's hit-box, although I can't say with 100% certainty, because the only time my crew-mates even use reflector is when I copy their powers (which is rare for me to remember to do that to begin with).

The only reason you would every really want to crawl underneath the reflector in the first place is to try and trip Falco with a banana peel. The problem with this is twofold, however:
  • you only have a small window of opportunity to do so before the reflector fully retracts; even though the hit-box disappears at the reflector's maximum range, the actual reflector is still active
  • contrary to popular belief, there are conceivably safer and more effective ways to create openings for your banana game
Being able to glide-toss out of a crouching/crawling position (especially after a D-tilt) does present a couple of interesting possibilities, but I reckon that it wouldn't be anything that would drastically tilt the match-up into our favor.

Still, it is a mix-up option if you're feeling saucy.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Weird, it works for me =/

And I just tested this. If I just crouch I get hit half of the time (and don't get hit the other half, without even having to move), and if I crawl I just don't get hit. Maybe it has to do with NTSC or PAL version, or maybe you were wrong, but it works for me so I'll keep spammin' it 8D

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was safer to smash DI towards the stage and tech it.
If your SDI is good enough to land you on top of the stage that's probably your best option. If you only tech the wall you'll probably get spiked again and if you miss the wall tech you're pretty much dead. I prefer to just play it safe and DI away since it's much easier.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace

And I just tested this. If I just crouch I get hit half of the time (and don't get hit the other half, without even having to move), and if I crawl I just don't get hit. Maybe it has to do with NTSC or PAL version, or maybe you were wrong, but it works for me so I'll keep spammin' it 8D
Never thought I would say this but Hanson you might be wrong about the crawling thing. I definitely am able to crawl underneath Falcos reflecter. I'm not too sure about crouching though. And Teneban if I'm able to do it then I dont think it has anything to do with PAL or NTSC versions. Any ways I also use this ALOT in this matchup. Crawling is too good.

-ARAKUNE-

Le_THieN

Smash Lord

Yeah, I remember coming up with similar results too a few months ago, but many of you are making me second-guess myself enough to where I have to go back and investigate it again. I'll try and get a video tonight and get to the bottom of the random hit-box on reflector, as well as various recovery techs.

DUB

Smash Lord
but a lot of Falcos wouldn't do that because guess what happens if they miss? They're below you!
The majority of Falcos I play tend to start below you and rise with a bair rather then FF it. Regardless his 2nd jump covers a lot of ground and the bair will come quick so I wouldn't recommend recovering high in this matchup.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I want to post here, since I love the match-up.(**** YOU ADHD ...<3).

But it is late, I'll edit this post later.

All I can say is Falco can create a annoying situation for Diddy where we throw out banana. You attempt to pull one out, we get in a few lasers. Also a lying (Spelling?) banana won't get reflected by reflector. You can Uair, with the right DI, out of our Bair.

DUB

Smash Lord
If I had to slap a percentage onto it I would call 6:4 Falco and maybe go as far as saying 55:45 Falco. It use to be a tough matchup but a lot of Diddys have been playing the matchup and progressing the metagame so it's become a little easier.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Powershields and full-hops are your friends while trying to get around lasers.. Generally, Falco is going to short hop double laser the majority of the time, and could possibly throw in some single lasers or empty short hops. Very rarely does he ever full hop. Full-hopping and monkey flipping can be a viable way to lessen the gap, as well as full-hopped banana throws and running powershields (you should be able to predict and time when the laser is going to hit)

I never put much weight onto his CG, really. Just avoid a grab when you're below 20%. Don't get reckless when trying to get past his lasers and run straight into a grab. If you do get grabbed though, you can get CGd til 37%, and either get spiked offstage, spiked onstage into a tech-chase, or dash attack cancelled into up smash. If you're spiked off-stage, SDI back onto the ledge, tech, and punish. If you can't do that, then just meteor cancel and recover and hope you don't get gimped. Really, you should at least be able to SDI onto the ledge and tech.

When you think you want to throw a banana at him, don't. Most Falcos use their reflector at very obvious banana throws, or if you're far away enough, on reaction. You can dribble to bait the reflector, and MFK. He's a fast-faller, so once you trip him you have a lot of options. Bthrow is great, as well as utilt/dtilt.

/lazy input

DFEAR

Smash Hero
falco ***** autopilot diddy nuff said...guess what u have to do win now lol o.o

Dekar173

Justice Man
This matchup was NEVER tough...
Constructive input!

Anyway, this is by no means our toughest match-up, just one we need to approach a bit differently from traditional ones (traditional being match-ups that don't have reflectors ;D)

Useful tools:

Dribbling
Predicting Phantasm (there's a pattern to how he's doing it, be it after a certain move, or when you're a certain distance away from him, FIND IT OUT!)
Popgun gimps (charge that popgun and let loose!)
Banana gimps (like the popgun, but more flexible... >:D)
Legehogging (Simple, run off the ledge, and quickly rotate from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock on your control stick, then let it go back to neutral)

Things to watch out for:

SHDL (short hop double laser, and mix-ups)
CG (chaingrab, for lower percents, as well as mid percents where he can follow up/techchase)
Phantasm camping (laser laser phantasm, rinse, repeat, don't let it get to you)
Fsmash mindgames (don't spotdodge too often, fsmash hurts pretty badly ;D)
Autopilot (don't be a mindless drone you nit-witted Nancy, THINK before throwing bananas, if you're going into the fight with the attitude "I don't have to think!" then you've lost already, scrub).

Player-1

Smash Legend
Constructive input!

Anyway, this is by no means our toughest match-up, just one we need to approach a bit differently from traditional ones (traditional being match-ups that don't have reflectors ;D)

Useful tools:

Dribbling
Predicting Phantasm (there's a pattern to how he's doing it, be it after a certain move, or when you're a certain distance away from him, FIND IT OUT!)
Popgun gimps (charge that popgun and let loose!)
Banana gimps (like the popgun, but more flexible... >:D)
Legehogging (Simple, run off the ledge, and quickly rotate from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock on your control stick, then let it go back to neutral)

Things to watch out for:

SHDL (short hop double laser, and mix-ups)
CG (chaingrab, for lower percents, as well as mid percents where he can follow up/techchase)
Phantasm camping (laser laser phantasm, rinse, repeat, don't let it get to you)
Fsmash mindgames (don't spotdodge too often, fsmash hurts pretty badly ;D)
Autopilot (don't be a mindless drone you nit-witted Nancy, THINK before throwing bananas, if you're going into the fight with the attitude "I don't have to think!" then you've lost already, scrub).
all of my 'constructive input' has already been posted.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
stop dekar. that post is the same thing.

POSTS SHOULD ONLY RELATE TO THE MATCHUP

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
P1, Dekar: You guys are two of my favorites. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE SIDEZ

Also, I'm calling for this to be compromised as an even match-up. There's no way this match-up is as bad as 4:6, or even slightly against our favor. As I've mentioned before, I get near-daily Falco practice from two specific Falco mains in my crew, and I fully stand behind my previous assessment that this match-up is slightly in our favor.

I don't expect this to be end-all-be-all evidence, but I have a handful of videos that showcase a couple of my favorite traps and setups in order to bait and punish predictable moves like reflector and Phantasm. Stage-teching the chain throw into a D-air spike already diminishes the impact of one crucial momentum-reversing device in his arsenal; and I maintain that if you consistently contain and nullify the usefulness of those two other resouces in Falco's arsenal (Reflector and Falco Phantasm), then you should never have any serious issues with this match-up ever again.

Lasers
Ain't

ADHD

Smash Hero
Falco definitely wins this OMG hanson. I'm going to see if i can record me vs Larry.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
P1, Dekar: You guys are two of my favorites. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE SIDEZ

Also, I'm calling for this to be compromised as an even match-up. There's no way this match-up is as bad as 4:6, or even slightly against our favor. As I've mentioned before, I get near-daily Falco practice from two specific Falco mains in my crew, and I fully stand behind my previous assessment that this match-up is slightly in our favor.

I don't expect this to be end-all-be-all evidence, but I have a handful of videos that showcase a couple of my favorite traps and setups in order to bait and punish predictable moves like reflector and Phantasm. Stage-teching the chain throw into a D-air spike already diminishes the impact of one crucial momentum-reversing device in his arsenal; and I maintain that if you consistently contain and nullify the usefulness of those two other resouces in Falco's arsenal (Reflector and Falco Phantasm), then you should never have any serious issues with this match-up ever again.

Lasers
Ain't
to me reading a matchup doesnt show us or prove us anything in reality, only in theory

pls show us these vids man :3 so all diddys can see and learn from this u know.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hmm votes say even between 55:45 falco and 50:50

imma go with falco favor.

Top Bottom