• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedeth

Smash Master
properly spaced jab, uair, fsmash and dtilt do a fine job at not getting chomped
Sorry if you took that literally. I'll re-phrase it for you.

VERY FEW OF FALCON'S MOVES CAN GET THROUGH CHOMP.

I'm very sceptical of jab and fsmash getting through the first part of chomp though.

And yeah Falcon punch does damage but still gets chomped. :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
pfftt falcon's just a **** version of ganon anyway, try chomping a ganon stomp, you'll get...
stomped...

attlia if your trying out lower tier character's you should try out luigi, he's ****ing **** and I dont think anyone has ever used him in a tourney except for me (and I came 2nd :) )

C~Dog

Smash Champion
im actually practicing ice climbers atm, and can do the infinite on a couple of characters (still working on the heavys, who have gay as timing).
Oh goddammit im not gonna be the best ics in melbourne anymore ;_; Why attila whyyyyyyy

Zero

Smash Hero
Also Zamus makes brawl fun =D,
****, ain't that the truth?

@ant: true, pound is ANNOYING **** IT TOM for ZSS, but it's too slow and the JIggs matchup is at least 60:40 ZSS, in my experience against possibly the best Brawl Jiggs in NSW.

Also to whoever said that dropping down + up b can beat ZSS' dsmash, I simply laugh. The second you drop down, you enter the stun ^_^

Splice

Smash Hero
Also to whoever said that dropping down + up b can beat ZSS' dsmash, I simply laugh. The second you drop down, you enter the stun ^_^
Pretty sure you can, y'know... time it, and drop down in between Dsmashs?
Its not a constant hitbox. Of course the ZSS can time it too, buts its easier for us than for you.
GaW Vs Zamus seems to be an often discussed MU.

OH NOES!!!!!
We are spamming this thread with move priority things & stuff!!! Poor Jei is gonna have a lot to sort through. :(
Then again he will anyway with the massive shout-outs and all.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Did Attila play as Lucas for the tournament? If so you shoulda just held the grenades and let splice come and attack you, he always seems to hit the grenade when I play as snake.

Good job coming 3rd Splice wish I was there to see it.

Good job coming 4th Toshi, hope you didn't have trouble finding a doubles partner.

Zero

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you can, y'know... time it, and drop down in between Dsmashs?
Its not a constant hitbox. Of course the ZSS can time it too, buts its easier for us than for you.
GaW Vs Zamus seems to be an often discussed MU.

OH NOES!!!!!
We are spamming this thread with move priority things & stuff!!! Poor Jei is gonna have a lot to sort through. :(
Then again he will anyway with the massive shout-outs and all.
This will be my last post because as you say, Jei will be annoyed.

Charge dsmash. If you stay for too long, invincibility runs out and you get stagespiked. Your getup attack is garbage and gets dsmashed, dropping down gets dsmashed. Have fun.

also properly spaced, neither your upb or your getup attack will hit, because of dsmash's ridiculous range and priority.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hello young patriots

I need to know the amount of entrants at Stigma-B, if you pleaz.

= "Stigma-B" 28/06/09 =
-
Entrants: ?? (Did I hear 43?). Entry: $5.

1. Tibz (Diddy kong)
2. Earl (Meta Knight)
3. Splice (Game and Watch)
4. Toshiba (Diddy Kong)
5. Nixernator (Zero Suit Samus)
5. Tanman (Sonic)
7. Devil (Wolf)
7. Nicks (Meta Knight)

{Thanks Splice}

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I wonder where Jei is anyways? probably just busy doing his own thing i guess, next time ill grab the details from the tourney and put it up the second i get home. but i guess its really just the top 8 that kinda counts most...

Also people dont forget for the meet this thursday at n2c :3

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts (sorry for taking so long but i was busy and have crap internet)

@Splice: 3rd wtf that owns and yea our fake match was lul. My diddy sucks only seconded for a month and i only picked him up becuase i was like TRIPPING this is fun ;D
Also ty for all the friendies.

@Jei: Finnaly beat you we have had too many close matches it was my turn to win one :p

@Devil: So close im finaly getting the hang of fighting wolf his attacks are so unorthodox an crazy.

@Earl: Yea my diddy sucks but i had to try it. Kinda played badly in our match but yea.

@Anyone i played in Low tier tourney: Ty for not laughing (too much) at my fail low tier skills.

@Mfrek: Ty for teaming evne tho we sucked.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Jei's busy
Those results look correct but im not 100%
There were about 34 entrants and $5 entry

your better off waiting till jei posts the correct results, theres no rush lol

Shoutouts still to come...

_X_

Smash Lord
Jei's busy
Those results look correct but im not 100%
There were about 34 entrants and $5 entry

your better off waiting till jei posts the correct results, theres no rush lol

Shoutouts still to come...
Yeah... Devil WOULD do shout-outs but he's on a break from Uni and clearly doesn't have the time. What with all the fapping and all.

Either that or he hates you.

EDIT:

Incase anyone missed it:

If I come, ill be bringin my wii and TV with this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604
This' a balanced brawl match.

HAVE A LOOK A IKE!!! I wet myself a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHtm_eZdyoU

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Hai gaiz!
So Devil comes up to me at work and is all like "Shaya is going all emo about you not posting results" and I'm like "yeah that shaya guy is lol" and Devil's like "lol" and I'm like "lol" and we lol'd a bit more so here I am posting results for you. ahem.

ReSuLTs

Low Tier (D-Tier and lower)

1. Attila (Lucas + Samus)
2. Jei (Yoshi + Jigglypuff)
3. T-Rex (Captain Falcon)
4. Viva (Mario)
5. Ugly (Ganodorf)
5. Joey Joey Joe Joe (Pokemon Trainer)
7. Tibz (Mario + Link)
7. Edge Games (Ike)
9. Leisha (Ness + Lucas)
9. Condog (Lucas)
9. Toshiba (Jigglypuff)
9. Vermy (Pokemon Trainer)
13. Khoa
13. Drixon Sypher (Samus/Link)
13. Ledge (Ike?)
13. Mfrek
17. Tanman (Captain Falcon)
17. Timic (Zelda)
17. Haydino

Yeah so I just completely forgot who used what character I guess...those without a character next to their name just post with who you used so I can put it up here 'cuz this is going on the front page yo.

Doubles

1. Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks) [Metaknight + Wario/Metaknight] 10 points
2. Team 7 (Tibz + Attila) [Diddy Kong + Lucas] 8 points
3. MetaGame (Khoa + Tanman) [Metaknight + Mr. Game & Watch] 6 points
4. Starforce (Drixon Sypher + Edge Games) [Fox + Falco] 4 points
5. Gettin' Jiggly Wit' It (Jei + Devil) [Jigglypuff/Pit + Jigglypuff/Wolf] 2 points
5. Team Hyper Power (Ledge + Splice) [Lucario?? + Mr. Game & Watch] 2 points
7. Llama Farmers (Joey Joey Joe Joe + Toshiba)
7. Spamming Champions (Atlas + IceK)
9. Double Penetration (Zer0Core + Nomo)
9. Smashalicious (T-Rex + Viva)
9. Mfrek + Haydino
9. Rob Huggles (Leisha + Condog)
13. Potplant Lobster (Vermy + Ugly)
13. Bas-Saint Ski Patrol (X + IceK again)
13. Lol Bryan and Cao (Bryan + CAOTIC)
13. Coffee Cup (Timic + Cam)
17. Willy ****er and the Fudge Packing Factory (Redact + Atticus)

Once again, not clear on who used what character, correct me if I'm wrong and help me fill in the gaps.

Singles

1. Tibz (Diddy Kong) 10 points
2. Earl (Metaknight) 9 points
3. Splice (Mr. Game & Watch) 8 points
4. Toshiba (Diddy Kong) 7 points
5. Nixernator (Zero Suit Samus?) 6 points
5. Tanman (Sonic) 6 points
7. Devil (Wolf + Lucario) 4 points
7. Nicks (Wario/maybe Metaknight) 4 points
9. Haydino (Mr. Game & Watch) 2 points
9. X (Fox) 2 points
9. T-Rex (Captain Falcon + Marth) 2 points
9. Mfrek (Olimar/Snake) 2 points
13. IceK
13. Ledge
13. CAOTIC
13. Attila
17. Timic
17. Leisha
17. Jei
17. Ugly
17. Atlas
17. Khoa
17. Edge Games
17. Drixon Sypher
25. Tyme
25. Redact
25. Vermy
25. Caddy
25. Viva
25. Nomo
25. Joey Joey Joe Joe
25. Will
33. Condog
33. Cam
33. Shaun
33. Zer0Core

And there you have it, probably my best run tournament yet and I played horribly all day ^^

So the only thing I can ask you guys to do at this time is to correct me on my character mistakes and I'll update the Ranbats another time. For now, see some of you tomorrow night (Thursday)

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
I played Fail Falcon in Low Tier. Needed to warm up, but instead got my *** handed to me and moped throughout low tier. Got my revenge in doubles and singles though. ^^;

OH! But I landed plenty of knees and Falcon punches. That counts as a win.

Zer0Core

Smash Rookie
EEEK last place seems fitting for my first tournament yes? meh had fun in doubles! just saying thanks to all again before the depression sets in!

earla

Smash Lord
these points we get sound excitin, what do we do with them?

are they like playtime tickets

Vermy

Smash Champion
Yes they are ^_^
At the end of the year, come to me at Playtime Highpoint while I'm workin' and your points x10 tickets is what you can get.*

*there is no truth or point to this statement whatsoever

Siyro

Smash Journeyman

ReSuLTs

Low Tier (D-Tier and lower)

13. Drixon Sypher

Yeah so I just completely forgot who used what character I guess...those without a character next to their name just post with who you used so I can put it up here 'cuz this is going on the front page yo.

Doubles

4. Starforce (Drixon Sypher + Edge Games) [Fox + Falco] 4 points

Once again, not clear on who used what character, correct me if I'm wrong and help me fill in the gaps.

If your after everyones Low tiers, I use Samus and Link (although my Samus was shot and failed that day).

Woo Team Star-Force Rock! But Edge used Shiek, not Falco. Star came from Star Fox and Force came From Tri-Force.

Also I just Realised that members of SNSD ddn't show, must of been scared of ASSAULT.

Meow for Shout outs...
Jei: My Samus just got Owned By Jiggly :(

ViVa: I didn't CP Rainbow Cruise remember, you said CP Rainbow Cruise then I went with Yoshis Island Brawl :laugh:

Tanman: SAKURAI'ed :(

Khoa: I would of done better had there of not Been a GaymanWatch on the other side of the Field. I couldn't go pewpewpew :laugh:

Ledge & Splice: Lol at our port discussion.

MFrek & Haydino: Haha, CP Rainbow Cruise When you have a Snake? also When I was Fox and Shine locked the G&W for a bit XD

Liesha: Your just awesome, Glad to see you were smart enough to not bother trying to absorb my Lasers too, cause If a Ness tries that too close he usually cops an Up Smash. And I totally meant to get Spiked 4 times in those Friendlies XD

X: FOX DITTOS! I shoulda gone Pika instead of Kirby XD

Nicks: I'll hopefully do better next time, I had no clue what to do against Wario haha

Condog: Thanks for the Friendlies dude, was great Fun

Ugly & Redact: Great Melty matches, had great Fun playing those.

Toshiba, X, Jei, Tanman, Edge & Everyone else I played Melee with: Was great fun playing Melee, I'm Starting to get the hang of my Samus and Link again. And who Laughed When I went Pichu again? XD

Nix:I still wanna verse you in SSB64

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice

Singles

5. Nixernator (Zero Suit Samus?) 6 points

So the only thing I can ask you guys to do at this time is to correct me on my character mistakes and I'll update the Ranbats another time. For now, see some of you tomorrow night (Thursday)
Yeah Nix used Zamus but you're forgetting that he also used snake because he is a TIER *****!!!
@Nix: I'll beat your tier ****ing butt next time though because I know how to beat it now and the non-tier *****s will rise!

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Hey guys sorry I couldn't make it. I had a pre-organised trip with my Year 12 mates. Which page are the results on?

Edit: never mind I found them.

Earl ma man you sure have some potential in you.

Attila uses Lucas and fails? This is madness!

Tibz is awesome like usual. This comment wasn't even required.

And lastly Splice taking third place with g&w. Well done mate.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Yeah Nix used Zamus but you're forgetting that he also used snake because he is a TIER *****!!!
@Nix: I'll beat your tier ****ing butt next time though because I know how to beat it now and the non-tier *****s will rise!
Calm down Edge, we all know that your Sheik is good. Funny how you're the only person I tier ***** against Lol, your sheik>>>>My Sonic/Zamus.
Does one set of a char mean I have to put it in my tourny chars?

Browny

Smash Hater
if you won an entire set using a character (as in both matches) then it pretty much has to count... especially if it was in losers bracket

Zero

Smash Hero
If both you or the TO feel that the use of said character was crucial to your placing, then it should be included.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Well Lol, it was the first set in winners. I won both matches with Snake. But I then lost next round and pretty much went the whole tourny in Losers. So in reality I still would've had the same placing. But I won a set just with Snake.
What is your decision umpire?
Edit: Lol, thats ridiculous Edge. I went 2 tournies in a row 25th but thats something else. Maybe go for an epic mindgame and pick ganon. You're opponent will wet themselves in terror and auto forfeit.

Zero

Smash Hero
You might even get a place in the famous Official Ganon Rankings :]

Shiek is like C tier as well, she's no lowie :D

tibs7

Smash Champion
Ss: see if your tier whoring works In melbourne ey? Haha jkes,but I do hear you main only the top few.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
You might even get a place in the famous Official Ganon Rankings :]

Shiek is like C tier as well, she's no lowie :D
I know that sheik is in C tier, but we used to consider her as low tier. Besides that, I might try my Crazy Ike sometime (It beat attila's Lucas and samus once). That's Why I said Lowish.
Also Ganon sounds interesting but Ugly would flatten me in comparison to him.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I may only main the top few, but don't let that decieve you. ;) I'm still pretty competent with the lower end for the low tier stuff too. =)

To be honest, I don't expect to go very well for my first time in Melbourne. A lot of good brawlers and very little experience on you guys. So while I get utterly ***** it'll be good experience for when I level up. =P

So I heard Sheik was banned in low tier due to D and below? What about using Zelda and transforming to Sheik? You're banning a move of Zelda's that way. :p

earla

Smash Lord
may i please haf the following games that were recorded last stigma that i lost put up on to youtube:

Earl Vs Splice MK vs GaW (the 2nd game in that set)
Nicks, Earl vs Attila, Tibz (1st teams game in grand final)
Earl vs Tibz (both games grand final)

cheers

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Currently I'm working through in order of recording, so that they're up in order of the recording, seeing as a few matches were requested and I can't remember which and who, when >_<

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
So I heard Sheik was banned in low tier due to D and below? What about using Zelda and transforming to Sheik? You're banning a move of Zelda's that way. :p
Sure, you could use that... But then your not allowed to use any of Sheik's moves, not even Down B because it goes the other direction therefore counting as Sheiks, haha. Happy losing : P

EDIT: Naoh and Aaron, we have gotta catch up before holidays are over, cause I don't get a lot of spare time when I'm going to uni. So lets organise something yo. Get back to me bruz.

Zer0Core

Smash Rookie
ha ha again clearing up my name: its Harry not Aaron. my mistake for not patching that up at stigma-b i honestly didn't think I'd be joining this..community? although I'm going to try and join it because it is very enjoyable and filled with top quality peeps. speaking on behalf of myself and Noah we are free anytime these holidays and i myself will put my house up for a venues option. just reply with your preferences and we will see what we can get happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom