• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario & DDD Team Export.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><

-Strengths & Special Quirks: Anything in particular this team has?

Ok, Since I was asked to have my say in the D3 match up, here is my take on it.

Lucario and Kind DeDeDe – Teams
These two when pared up as a team can be real devastating. Lets first talk about King D3.

King DeDeDe:

First off, he is by far one of the best stock tanks that doubles have to offer. His chain grab can be used to set up amazing combos with you and you teammate. Some moves that lucari ocan do out of D3’s Down Throw is:

Aura Sphere
F smash
Down Smash
Down air
Or simply regrab and release so D3 can grab him again, therefore making a grab trap.

There was talk about D3 not being able to save your partner when he is in trouble or paired with lucario, and I am here to tell you that theory is wrong. D3 is amazing at clearing edges, He can simply run off and Bair the ledge, D-Tilt people off the ledge when Lucario is getting edge hogged. Hell he can even come out to a far distance and follow the person who might be following you off the stage and assist you due to his multible jumps. If you are ever in real trouble (EX: not going to make it back to the ledge because Lucario is too far) One way of saving him is simply running off and U-Airing Lucario. Another is throwing a waddle while Lucario aims to get hit by it.

Here’s a technique I don’t like to talk about much but I do it all the time. When D3 inhales it counts as a grab. They have to break out of it and it becomes harder at higher %. Lets say for example that it is D3 and Luigi. If D3 Inhales an opponent, Luigi can UpB D3. The thing is Both of you take damage, but D3 Receives no knock back from the UpB. and even better then that, You opponent who was inhaled receives *ALL* the knock back from inhale

Now to apply that to Lucario. If D3 inhales your opponent, you can AS, F-smash, U-smash, and D-smash D3, and de will only take damage while having no knockback. And to say it again You opponent receives *ALL* The knockback. Tested and it is garenteed to work. It Does not matter about controller port either. That’s an amazing setup, right?

-General Game Plan: Divide and conquer or work together to eliminate foes?

Now let’s talk from Lucarios perspective. Lucario in this match will have to play aggressively, and the best part about it is, in doubles it works wonders on almost any opponent. Mainly basic setups come from Lucario’s U-throw and D-throw. What D3 can do out of them is:

U-Tilt
U-smash
Inhale setup
Or simply have him release so D3 can regrab for a grab trap

The one thing that pays off is that in doubles, aura isn’t that much of a concern for him. Yea, he gets weaker, but he still deals enough damage to be a humongous threat. Lucario is what I like to call a combo breaker when it comes to this team. If D3 is ever in trouble a quick run to the area and D-airing them to break them apart will save your partners life more than one time.
It is also a bit easier to land AS in this team, since D3 can assist you in setups for them.

-Stages: Self explainable.
Pokemon Stadium 1,Yoshis Island, and Final Destination are great picks for this team.
PS1 has walls for DDD to infinate on for a bit and Lucario has pretty nice mobility on this stage + a place to cling :3 Yoshis in general is great for Lucario and doesn't hurt DDD too much if I recall correctly, and FD is generally beast for both of them.
-Characters to Watch out for: Some Characters can really **** up your team.

I could see a G&W giving this teams problems because not only does he get a super powerful bucket if he gets even ONE of Lucario's AuraSpheres but he kinda ***** both of them pretty badly while in the teams environment, Lucario cannot simply roll away anymore with your opponent still there and D3 will get his Shieldpoked to helllll.
-1 V 2s and whether to Steal or stand back: What to do in the event that your forced into a 1 v 2 situation.

not discussed :(

Disclaimer: This thread is made for the sole purpose of keeping doubles discussion clean and organized. If people wish to discuss a past team, they may do so in this thread without cluttering the current discussion.

wow barely anything :< come on luc boards revive already </3

Top Bottom