• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P Metaknight= 8-1-09=go to results thread for further info

Status
Not open for further replies.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
*Looks at Pokemon Rules*

I understand that people try so hard to remove randomness from an almost completely random game, but it's really sad that you have to clause and ban so much because some douche will just abuse a Double-Teaming, Rest-Talking Lapras or something to MAYBE kill a Poke it otherwise couldn't...

Sigh, this and with 90% of players uncreative enough to create a team without running to Smogon, is why Po quit playing Pokemon competitively. However, if I manage to drudge up enough Oklahoma support to come, I will enter and pwn everyone's faces at Pokemon.

I may not be top-tier in Smash, but I am a Pokemon Master. All day, everyday.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*Looks at Pokemon Rules*

I understand that people try so hard to remove randomness from an almost completely random game, but it's really sad that you have to clause and ban so much because some douche will just abuse a Double-Teaming, Rest-Talking Lapras or something to MAYBE kill a Poke it otherwise couldn't...

Sigh, this and with 90% of players uncreative enough to create a team without running to Smogon, is why Po quit playing Pokemon competitively. However, if I manage to drudge up enough Oklahoma support to come, I will enter and pwn everyone's faces at Pokemon.

get kosmos/thien/shade/sars to all go!!!!!

heytallman

CTALL
po, if you guys could come, I'd be glad for you to enter Pokemon. And, just for the record, I don't turn to Smogon for all advice on team building. Granted, I do often look at their sets as kind of a base, but most of the time I do something that they don't recommend. I know that many people use strictly their sets, and doing something different gives you something "unexpected" and sometimes difficult to deal with. I'll look forward to playing you.

Also, there willbe a Melee side event at this tournament, yes?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
*Looks at Pokemon Rules*

You realize that Nintendo actually has some of those rules in-game in battletower, and in PBR in some fights, right? People didn't come up with stuff like sleep clause and stuff, Nintendo did, we just follow them :p

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Hm. OK then it seems like we have more NERDS entering this Pokemon tournament than I thought.

JK JK I'd totally go to the events too and stuff. So I guess Celebi and Jirachi shall remain legal, but I'll be doing IV checks for them, as Philmaster suggested.
I dont know what IV checks are going to do. I'm not coming but my apprentice is and all the pokemon i gave him for the tournament are RNG abused pokemon, unless you are checking for illegal IV spreads through PID generation for Method 1 Pokemon

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I dont know what IV checks are going to do. I'm not coming but my apprentice is and all the pokemon i gave him for the tournament are RNG abused pokemon, unless you are checking for illegal IV spreads through PID generation for Method 1 Pokemon
Really all it's going to be are ******** IVs that are like straight 31 or something close enough to that.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Oh, don't mind my little Pokemon rant... I just saw Smogon and my blood began to boil. That site's founders and I have a little bad blood because apparently, beating a mod or admin there fair and square warrants a six-month ban :dizzy:

It's not my fault that you didn't have ice beam/Heracross against a team half-composed of Celebi, Flygon, and Exeggutor and got beat like you stole something. Man up and admit you suck instead of clinging to your internet 'powers' and banning people smarter than you.

*no more Smogon rants*

Now, how bout that Smash Bros? I hear it's a pretty cool game, even has Pokemon in it!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
**** your *** Po spamming other threads to get us to leave instead of getting people to come to Oh Snap!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh, don't mind my little Pokemon rant... I just saw Smogon and my blood began to boil. That site's founders and I have a little bad blood because apparently, beating a mod or admin there fair and square warrants a six-month ban :dizzy:

It's not my fault that you didn't have ice beam/Heracross against a team half-composed of Celebi, Flygon, and Exeggutor and got beat like you stole something. Man up and admit you suck instead of clinging to your internet 'powers' and banning people smarter than you.

*no more Smogon rants*

Now, how bout that Smash Bros? I hear it's a pretty cool game, even has Pokemon in it!
Your behavior isn't helping to convince me of your claims.
Overall, I am NOT amused.

vvvvv

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Trying to come, along with chibosempai. I just asked my mom and she flipped calmly. Btw i just turned 17 so my age doesnt help.

Anyone wanna contribute to the help Rogue+Chibo go to hobo fund?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
FYI, Luigi's Mansion is legal for those who don't regularly check the Houston thread...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Trying to come, along with chibosempai. I just asked my mom and she flipped calmly. Btw i just turned 17 so my age doesnt help.

Anyone wanna contribute to the help Rogue+Chibo go to hobo fund?
if you and chibo ARE going, PM me. Ill work with you

to the rest: i think this event will break 100 people. If it does happen it will be a FIRST for a meta ban event. This might be history making!!!!

to the rest, again: if we make 85+, i will do pools and extend payout to top 5

heytallman

CTALL
This. I'mma have five Magmars and a Haunter and that'll show you all.
you can't with species clause. Plus five Magmars and a Haunter? That would be a terrible team!

to the rest: i think this event will break 100 people. If it does happen it will be a FIRST for a meta ban event. This might be history making!!!!
lol this won't make 100 people. When Allan says expect over 100 people, expect like, 65.

But over 100 would be nice. I'd like to be proven wrong.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A hundred people? I foresee high levels of nerd funk...

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I know it will reach 100+. Me and Xyro have been promoting our a$$e$ off so it should break that. I remember xyro saying that the 1st meta-ban tournament wasnt going to pull in no more than 50 people max and we got 75 people. Due to good promotion provided by yours truly and the green lesbo. We will see if HOBO 17 can live up to the HYPE =]

@ Dojo a surprise awaits you! (((IF YOU WIN)))

Dojo

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, because winning a large scale tournament without my main is totally possible.

But I'm going to try my hardest for you baby. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom