• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

farewell

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Link to original post: farewell

For some reason I cannot post in user blogs. Since I dio not feel like waiting for someone to fix it I will post here and one of you mods can move it for me when you feel like it.

Anyways.... I came to say "I quit Brawl".
There is more to life and not enough life to live it all. So we must pick and choose what we do in our life, and the acomplishments that will will achieve in one life time.

My point is... "video games are cool, but profesional gaming takes up to much time (AND TIME IS LIFE SPENT).

So you may be like "WTH made you go all emo!?" Well... it has been on my heart for a while, and I feel I need to explain.

On November 18th, 2008, at about 1 pm a friend of mine died.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc4Gi4q_G4
It was hard for me... and the rest of my friends. It was in that moment that I realized that I am mortal, I die, and it could be any second.....
I then asked myself... "if I die, who will miss me, and what will I have acomplished in my life?"
I carry a charm around my neck with a pic of him on it in remembrence.

It has been months since I went on my first Chrysalis flight. http://www.upperroom.org/Chrysalis/
Storm was supposed to be there with me. He wasn't....
I learned more about me there than I have anywhere else.
One of the things I learned was that I was slowly waisting away.
I also learned that I need to do something new with my life.
After Chrysalis I made an attempt to establish a volunteer working community. It was going head strong for about a week until my partner had a meeting in New York, and I got back into SSBB. It was never discussed again.

On July 5th I left with about 40 some teens from my youth group to go to West Virginia. This web site tell you what I did. http://reachwc.org/
(here is a pic of me... and give me a break... it was national pigtail day, and it was very bright outside) http://www.reachwc.org/media/camppic...gepage140.html
I TSP'd one side of a house, roofed half a house and roofed an entire Garage (30'x10') in 5 days. I had help from between 2 to 4 people though.
I did all of that for free. It was an act of kindness.
I learned more there... than from Chrysalis, enough to call it life changing.

I have recently got back (Saturday), and so far I have went to one wedding and attended 3 sermons (CCC morning, CCC night and Revolution). I would have went to white Agape (Chrysalis), but I was at Revolution. Now I don't plan on going to three sermons every Sunday every week, but I do plan on attending on Sundays. BTW... the places I go ro don't have a dimonation. They are straight up facts.. and it isn't sugar coated. We talked about males ****** males at Revolution.

"What do I plan on doing with my future?"
Well, I Leave for Illonois this Wendaday. While I am therer I will be setting up a study group with my friends. We will be meeting at each others house's once a week. This first session will be about how church's have become cult's, and how they have became corrupt.

This fall I will be part of a ministry in our city. I will be witnessing to prostotutes, drug dealers and drug addicts. I am scared... but I have God on my side.

I have Fall Retreat.

Summer Sundays.

Mission work on Thursdays and Fridays.

I will be finishing high school.

I will be finishing my book (what do you think Saviors Legacy stands for?).

Most importantly, I will be walking straight.

My name is Josh, I am 17 years old, and I am leaving SSBB... for good.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Cool.
Video games are pretty stupid, I agree, but sometimes you have nothing better to do.

I'm genuinely happy for you. Go make something of your life.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I posted in your other thread, Legacy. Never talked to ya before, but good luck out there.

sammy p

Smash Lord
well..... good luck man.....
ummmm.... im really happy to see that you plan to do something so big in your life!
so ummmm.... all else i got to say is that i live in illinois as well...
but good luck with you life!

Chuee

Smash Hero
Good Luck with what you decide to do in your life.
BTW the death link doesn't work.

highfive

Smash Lord
Keep it real. I guess that there is always some spot of truth behind someone's motives. Treat every day like your last because someday you'll be right... right? Now go out there and undo something.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
How tragic. :( In SSBB, you're always immortal. You lose a life, you have 2 more.

Play Melee, they give you 4...

Take care. I'm bad with religion and "sadness", as POKE40 put it.

People moarn, and people remember,
our friends and family who are no more.

Losses are tragic,
But time is ever flowing.

When we recognize loss,
We realize time is precious.

With relization comes decisions,
To continue living the dream, or to plow ahead.

To move ahead we put our past behind us,
So we can be burdened no more.

But the past will never be forgotten,
It is merely put on hold.

As time goes on we eventually feel a burning passion,
To remember and relive the days of old.

-Velox

I doubt you'll drop Smash forever. As I remember someone once saying "Smash is like a drug and it's addicting", and how true that statement seems to be. You try to leave the scene, but you are simply drawn right back too it eventually.

But I hope you the best of luck with life's endeavours.

And get the story finished already, I need to read it :mad: lol

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
People moarn, and people remember,
our friends and family who are no more.

Losses are tragic,
But time is ever flowing.

When we recognize loss,
We realize time is precious.

With relization comes decisions,
To continue living the dream, or to plow ahead.

To move ahead we put our past behind us,
So we can be burdened no more.

But the past will never be forgotten,
It is merely put on hold.

As time goes on we eventually feel a burning passion,
To remember and relive the days of old.

-Velox

I doubt you'll drop Smash forever. As I remember someone once saying "Smash is like a drug and it's addicting", and how true that statement seems to be. You try to leave the scene, but you are simply drawn right back too it eventually.

But I hope you the best of luck with life's endeavours.

And get the story finished already, I need to read it :mad: lol
Very nice, being a lover of literature I commend you.

Maybe in the years to come, but right now it is as you said "on hold".

lol, try writing a complex story... it is not easy. You get your facts mixed up. @-@

Top Bottom