• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash SIX!! Ft. Low Tier Doubles! NO DOOR FEE! August 22nd!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
RSVP VIA facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129440696997&ref=mf

Venue: Riverside Community Center

Address:
706 Riverside Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

That address is not on google maps or mapquest for some reason, so here is the address to a building right near it. When you get there call Kevin at 205 356 2509 for further instructions.

Rose Towers
140 Hackberry Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

HEY EVERYONE
I have heard a rumor that Jack Warner Parkway (the road that runs along the river as you get to the venue) will be closed down on saturday because of some kind of event.

So you might have to take the exit PRIOR to Jack Warner which is called Campus Drive. You get off the exit, go straight until you have to turn then turn left. Then just drive all the way down until you get to a large THREE WAY intersection (there will be a overhead walking bridge in front of you across the street, and to your left will be two big buildings [the ferguson center and the student service center] separated by a big open plaza)

TURN RIGHT there and then go straight and you will be on the same road as normally, just coming the other way (i.e you will turn RIGHT to get to Rose Towers)

I dont know if its true, and if it is, how long the road will be closed, but just posting this just in case.
as always, call me 205 356 2509 if you have trouble

For those that are coming from out of town, this map might help. The address is listed in the event info for Google Maps purposes, but really all you need to do is go I-20 West if your coming from/through GA/B'ham, or I-20 East if you're coming from/through Mississppi. and get off on Exit 73/Mcfarland Blvd--turn right (if you're coming from b'ham---left if you're coming from Mississippi) onto Mcfarland, and go straight for a mile or two, until you reach the Jack Warner Pkwy Exit. (you will pass the University Blvd and Campus Dr. exits)...the Jack Warner exit is a deep curve that splits into two, you want to take the curve on the right-hand side...then you will be at the upper-right hand area of the map I've provided above. Follow the purple line. Turn onto hackberry lane, it is at a stop light.. After that take the first left, you will see Rose Towers to your left (building 204 on the map). Riverside is to your right...and the building the tournament is being held at (the yellow dot with the black X/building 141) is behind the building that you initially see on the right when you turn in. The purple circles are the ideal parking places. On weekends, you won't get ticketed unless you park in a spot that isn't a real parking spot (like in the grass), or in a handicapped spot. Also avoid faculty (green) spots, i'm not sure if they ticket you for parking there, but to be on the safe side, try to avoid them. Use the map to find the building, if you need help, call me (Kevin) at 205 356 2509

Date: August 22
Time: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Street: 140 Hackberry Lane, Tuscaloosa, AL
Phone: 205 356 2509
Email: kevindarnellpeterson@yahoo.com

Proposed Schedule
9 A.M-11 A.M -- Registration/Friendlies/Warm-Up
11 A.M-3 P.M. -- Doubles Bracket
3 P.M. - 4 P.M -- Lunch Break/Last Call for Random/Singles Registration
4 P.M. -- Low Tier Doubles Bracket Begins
5 P.M -- Singles Pools Begins
8 P.M -- Low Tier Doubles and Singles Pools Should be done
8 P.M-11 P.M -- Singles Bracket

PLEASE SHOW UP ON ****ING TIME. THIS MEANS YOU HUNTSVILLE <3

Entrance fees : $10 for singles, and $10 per person for doubles. $5 (per person, or $10 per team) for Low Tier Doubles
Meaning if you want to enter brawl Doubles and brawl singles as well as Low Tier Doubles, you will need $25

PRIZES for all tournaments :

IF MORE THAN 25 PEOPLE/TEAMS ENTER any tournament, the top four will get paid, and the split will be (roughly--if I am unable to make the correct change, I will round to the nearest multiple of 5)
1st. 60% 2nd 25% 3rd 10% 4th. 5%

If less than 25 entrants: 1st 60%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 10% of the prize pool.

If, randomly, we gain over 50 entrants, I will considering paying out top 6

BRAWL RULES:
3 STOCKS
7 MINUTE TIME LIMIT
ALL ITEMS OFF, EVEN SMASHBALLS.
TEAM ATTACK ON (For Doubles)
STOCK SHARING IS ALLOWED
METAKNIGHT IS ALLOWED

Low Tier Doubles
Grab a partner and duke it out with the underappreciated characters in the game. The only characters allowed for Low Tier Doubles will be Bowser
Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Ike, Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yosh, Samus, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, and Ganondorf. Regular Doubles Rules applies.

If a round ends with a Suicide move, such as Bowser's and Ganondorf's foward B, as well as Kirby and Dedede's swallow suicides, Sudden Death will NOT be PLAYED, the match will be awarded to the player who initiated the suicide attack.

Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville

Banned Stages: Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Corneria, Green Greens, Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld], 75m, Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, Skyworld, Temple, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Onett, Spear Pillar, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit, Flat Zone 2, The Summit, Big Blue, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Drive, Shadow Moses Island, Luigi's Mansion

Every other stage is available as a counterpick. Note: Pirate Ship is now UNBANNED

You may use stage strike method, instead of random stages on the first match if you choose.

Additional Info:
Bring your own controller, No gameplay altering hacks (except Tripping Off, that's legal), No playing friendlies if a money match or tournament match needs to be played on your TV, No stalling, no glitches that freeze the game or make it unplayable. No turbo buttons on controllers, no controller mods (except removal of L and R springs and purely cosmetic mods)

IF YOU "PLANK" i.e Ledge Stall, you MUST immediately get off the ledge and plant your feet onto the stage (I.E within one or two seconds) if your opponent has clearly moved to the other edge of the stage and has stopped engaging you. IF you do not, you will be DQ'd for stalling the match.

BRING SET UPS. A full set up is a TV, Wii, and Brawl. PLEASE BRING FULL SET UPS. Even if you can't bring a full set up, BRING SOMETHING, whether it is a TV, a console or a game, or a surge protector.

Call Kevin at 205 356 2509 for any help getting to the place.

Call, message, or email me, if you want more detailed rules about how the tournament works.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Cool. I think I can make it. That's the first Saturday after classes start though. I'll have to see. If I can go, anybody want to team?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lame

duchock. I'm going to need to start back up Operation: Flyer Armageddon when you get back on campus

Can I count on you, Private

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yay I think Jeff, Robert, and I can come to this :D

I'll see if Clink is close enough to want to go too.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'll hopefully make it; I live there now :D I'm in the same boat as Cam, it's my first week of college classes too. However, provided I can make it I can bring my Wii (but I don't have a TV to bring, sorry). I've got Infinite Replays and Tags in Replays, as well as a recording setup on my laptop (if anyone is interested in recording matches). I DO have tripping on and there are no other game-altering hacks, so it's still pure Brawl :)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
lame

duchock. I'm going to need to start back up Operation: Flyer Armageddon when you get back on campus

Can I count on you, Private
We shall see... Last time I tried, they were quickly torn down on account of me not getting them approved. Should I be able to muster up the courage to talk to Jimmy Hubbard, it should be no problem.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
nice1 xD if you're going to this then I'm looking forward to actually playing you in person.
Oh and I'm bringing some fresh competition to this, so be expecting 3 more brawlers. other than me and V3GA.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
if u play it right falco is a better choice against pika
If the Pikachu player plays it right, he's got a 0-100% from a grab. (if I recall correctly)

Elev8, pick me!

nice1

Smash Lord
also elev8 and i r taking team mm let me or him know if wanna play us and this thread needs more hype

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hype Hype Hype!

I should be able to come to this if Elev8/Reflex gives me a ride :). I will be moving to Auburn for college, so I hope to meet all of you there.

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
Do you go to Auburn? DanGR and I are going there next year. If you are, we could get in some pika dittos.
Sure am or I will transfer there soon at least, but I already live in the area. Ohhh and pika dittos sound too awesome (especially when they both know QAC really well).

I hate G&W, Marth, MK, and Falco matches. Getting better against G&W and havn't done a good Falco match in a long time. Guess I should practice.

On another note good to hear more people are coming to Auburn. Hah, we should be able to have some friendly tournaments....kk awesomeness. :chuckle:

Top Bottom