• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Do You Use To Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
I Personally Use Only R To Shield/ Rolldodge

Some Of My Friends Use L

But The Most Unique One I Know Is That When My Friend Rolls Left He Uses L When He Rolls Right He Uses R...

So What Do You Do For Shielding Or Rolling?

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I use R. I think it depends on which hand is dominant, like my friend is left handed and uses L and I'm right handed.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
I use children to shield myself.
This man is win win win.
You have a bright future here.

Anyways, since 90% of the threads on smashboards are "WHAT COLOR R U" and anything else for a +1 or 2 I might as well say my answer which could be one of two answers, which means this thread will really have no content because the only thing anyone is really going to post is left or right.

I use R, btw. L is never, ever used for anything.

FOXYB

Smash Cadet
it just depends on how i feel and who im fighting... ha scr00bs get the z button on the gamecube contoller!

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
The R button. And I noticed you made several diffrent threads with pointless, What do you use to ____ ?
Well maybe you should of just combined it all into one thread, because you're spamming up the board.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Does this really matter that much? And I think this was done before....

I'm right-handed and, therefore, I use the R button.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
I usually use the L button to roll, dodge, or shield. One in a while I do use the R button.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
on melee the z button and on brawl since i use nuncuk+wiimote i guess its z too. but how do you z button in brawl and how do you ground dodge. ive seen people dodge bomb ombs online and it looks like an air dodge but on the ground. explain

Chuz

Smash Cadet
R because I'm right handed. In Melee though, to wave dash out of shield, I would use R to shield then hold the shield by pressing L, and use R again for the wave dash. It feels awkward no matter how times I do it.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I've been using R since I got into Melee (which was a monthish before Brawl came out), because I found using the same hand to do the button commands for Wavedashing easier.

But that's just me.

TEECO

Smash Ace
I use R to shield.

While im playing, its' hard for me to to use my left hand for something that involves no character motion.
My L button is set to jump.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
There have been threads on this before I'm sure.
Please use the 'Search' function to look for existing threads on your topic in future.

:056:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom