• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Edward Elric: Maybe it’s just me, but it seems as if we’re heading back into the classic era with sets now: every move is fitting to Smash and the character again here. There’s no really overarching mechanic, which is a plus. Nonetheless, the way you handled Ed is far different to how I would have, but it still works well and this set is a great starter for you (compared to Ratchet & Clank, it would be hard not to surpass). One thing, though, is that you could easily use some more images in the set and you know I’m a ***** for images. There’s so many of Ed in the manga and anime, he’s a massive character in terms of that stuff! Like Vaati, this set’s lack of photos or a unique layout is an unwelcome surprise. Aside from that moan, though, it’s quite the awesome piece of work.
He's not fitting to smash as his attacks aren't generic punches and kicks. =P

I wanted to include more images, but I haven't read the manga and I wasn't about to search through all 51 episodes of the anime just to find an image that vaugley resemble the move, lol.

As for unique organization, I feel that trying to make "unique" organization is a waste of time. Unless it's something outright amazing, the novelty of a crazy presentation wears off for me pretty quickly, and then I'm just left reading a moveset that might be hard to understand becuase of its presentation, and on top of that if the actual moveset isn't up to par then all the pretty BB code in the world isn't going to make me vote for it. I've always admired organization like Warlord's for being simple but effective, and that's not going to change any time soon.

Now, to leave this on a positve note, I'll say thank you for actually being one of the major veterans to actually read the set. =)

Shadowdeth: Pretty cool debut set Frogman. I liked how you incorporated the "official" Pokemon attacks, especially Trick Room. You even evaded Pokemon Syndrome despite it being very easy to use it as a cop-out with an OC, good work.

Yay for Sonic sets! That's kinda become a tradition of mine as well, lulz.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
As for unique organization, I feel that trying to make "unique" organization is a waste of time. Unless it's something outright amazing, the novelty of a crazy presentation wears off for me pretty quickly, and then I'm just left reading a moveset that might be hard to understand becuase of its presentation, and on top of that if the actual moveset isn't up to par then all the pretty BB code in the world isn't going to make me vote for it. I've always admired organization like Warlord's for being simple but effective, and that's not going to change any time soon.

Now, to leave this on a positve note, I'll say thank you for actually being one of the major veterans to actually read the set. =)
HR speaks the truth. Unless you're like me and enjoy creating over-the-top, notably good organization (which takes a long, long time), then you shouldn't do it. Simple but effective like Warlord works just as good.

And I'm up to the aerials on Ed now. I promise, I'll finish him!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Takamaru: No special mechanic, no problem. As with Slugma – much more than Slugma – Takamaru attempts to remain sensible whilst describing a comprehensive playstyle, it works. It’s probably the most Smash-appropriate moveset I’ve seen without dithering into boredom and it’s the kind of set I’d love to see more often. Every move, I think, is very apt for Takamaru’s persona and playstyle... Really, I can see this easily fitting even into Sakurai’s Smash and not being so boring; you captured the sense of character and fitted it into SSB beautifully, Wizzerd. Well done indeed.
I'm very glad to hear it, as I have a bunch of other movesets for characters who stand a chance for SSB4 (Paper Mario, Tom Nook, Sukapon)! I'll admit that making a somewhat sensible moveset was one of my goals with Takamaru, but somehow I feel like I want to make a moveset that's so original that it would never fit into Smash... :laugh: But it's cool to have a sensible moveset too.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Shadowdeth: Wow...this looks great Frogman. From what i'm reading so far, no Pokemon Syndrome or anything like that. It looks like a great moveset with lots of cool attacks (i like that up tilt in particular). Overall, Great job. :bee:

*goes back to lazingly work on Gold*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
HR speaks the truth. Unless you're like me and enjoy creating over-the-top, notably good organization (which takes a long, long time), then you shouldn't do it. Simple but effective like Warlord works just as good.

And I'm up to the aerials on Ed now. I promise, I'll finish him!
I can't shake the nasty feeling that both of these posts are jabbing the finger at me, because if not me, who? Junahu (and wouldn't that be ridiculous)? The number of sets that at all try to do something special with their organization are incredibly limited; in fact, skimming down the current moveset list, I see Vaati, Clefable, and Kangaskhan. Since no one could accuse Clefable of being unappealing visually, I can only conclude that you're both saying that my organization is overcomplicated and ineffective. Kinda annoying, considering I put almost as much thought into the organization of a given set as its actual content. :ohwell:

And honestly, I haven't noticed many sets that try to look "unique" so much as to be unreadable, or hindering reading.

And while we're on the topic of what's all the rage now, Warlord's style (my template, by the way), I feel that there's a lot of overbolding going on nowadays. Bolding whole sentences, half of a given paragraph, just looks clumsy and doesn't actually help with what the bolding is supposed to do - that is, highlighting the most vital part of the attack.

Sorry if this post comes off as overly defensive or anything.

EDIT: This post leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like Spade, homing in on anything that could be perceived as a personal criticism while ignoring recent movesets. :urg:

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Warning, Challenger Approaching!

The Determined Mastermind, Dr. Albert Wily has joined the Brawl!

~{History}~
Dr. Albert Wily is the main antagonist of the Classic Megaman series. Wily worked with Dr. Light, a classmate who he eventually came to see as a bitter rival, to create robots with wills and ideas of their own. Both men gained fame and were responsible for many advancements in the field of robotics, but Albert grew jealous of Dr. Light, who was held in greater regard and (unintentionally) upstaged Wily at every turn. Imbittered, Wily dissapeared for a long period of time. It was after this that Dr. Light created the first humanoid robot with feelings.

After an unstated amount of time, Wily returned and reprogrammed several of Dr. Light's industrial Robot Masters and set out to take over the world. He was soundly defeated by Megaman, who at the time Wily failed to see potential in and didn't bother to reprogram. He would try over a dozen different schemes for world conquest, even creating his own Robot Masters, and was beaten every time by Megaman. While Dr. Wily only appears in the Classic series, his influence leads to a great deal of strife in the Megaman X series, being responsible for Zero, and by extention, the Zero Virus' creation. Despite losing time and again, he was recorded in history as a legendary mad scientist, his legacy surviving into the Megaman X series.

~{Music to Take Over the World By}~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDzMPtC27k (Megaman 2 Metalman Rock Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xm19FjBydI (Megaman 2 Wily Stage 1 Rock Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgxR3C012Nk (Megaman 2 Wily Stage 1 Techno Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG8bTwjmvHI (Megaman 3 Shadowman Rock Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N21ZU5O2rlA (Megaman 5 Wily Stage Remix)

~{Playstyle summary}~
Why fight when you can get someone else to do it for you? Dr. Wily's focus is on creating various minions to do his dirty work for him, either pulling out/calling on a premade bot, or even building it right on the spot. Genius doesn't make his weathered body any less frail, so direct combat is a last resort for the bad doctor. Still, he has some abilities to fight with on his own; just not enough. Left to his own devices, he'll quickly gain the advantage in numbers.

~{Stats}~
Size: 6/10
Dr. Wily is in between Mario and Marth in height, and slightly wider then the red clad plumber.

Weight: 3/10
Grown man or not, Dr. Wily is as thin as a wire- neither fat nor muscular.

Walk Speed: 3/10
Old age hasn't treated the mad doctor well.

Dash Speed: 5/10
But he can still run in a pinch.

Traction: 6/10
At the very least, he can keep his balance reasonably well.

Power: 6/10
Wily himself lacks attack power, but his machines more then make up for his failings.

Attack Speed: 5/10
Dr. Wily has several robots and inventions ready to use on command, but others he has to build himself.

Range(Melee): 3.5/10
Not many out and out attacks in Wily's moveset compared to most, and most that are are projectiles. The ones he does have don't have much range.

Range(Projectile): 6.5/10
The projectiles used by Wily and his bots are pretty good, though. With his robots, Wily can control the stage.

Priority: 6.5/10
Perfectly middle ground. Not many going one way or the other.

First Jump: 4/10
Not too shabby for a wrinkled prune, huh?

Second Jump: 3/10
This is sad. It's even sadder when you realise he's using an invention to even do this much.

Aerial Movement: 4/10
Not much to say here.

Fall Speed: 5/10
It's not bad, but it certainly isn't good.

Overall Recovery: 8/10
The Up Special more then makes up for Wily's aerial shortcomings, but it's duration is spread out through it's uses.

Landing Lag: 10/10
I think he broke something. Slightly less then 2 seconds.

Crouch: N/A

Crawl: N/A

Wall Jump: N/A

Wall Cling: N/A

Glide: N/A

Hover: N/A

~{Animations}~
Entrance:
The Wily Saucer speeds down from the top of the screen. Without stoping, Wily leaps from the top hatch of the device onto the stage, his lab coat billowing in the wind dramaticly like it was a cape. The effect is ruined when Wily hunches his back slightly after he lands and rubs it as if he pulled something. (That's what happens when you show off.)

Standing:
Wily keeps his hands in his pockets and stares ahead, bored. ("Just get on with it, already!")

Idle:
Wily raises his hand to stroke his chin thoughtfully, his eyebrows wiggling slightly as he contemplates his next move. ("Do these brainless chimps really think they can beat me? Hah!")

Walking:
Dr. Wily places his arms behind his back and calmly walks forward with a smug grin placed on his face. (Gee, I wonder if he's got something planned. I mean, he's smiling at guys three times his muscle mass who intend to beat him to a pulp, but I'm not sure.)

Running:
Dr. Wily swings his arms as he runs, his demeaner changes from smug to serious. ("Enough toying around- I'll annialate you once and for all- you're mine!")

Dashing:
His demeaner changes yet again. Wily's face shows he's worried, and he takes longer, quicker strides then before. ("You- you all know I was kidding about the 'I'll kill you all' thing right? Right?!")

Jump 1:
Wily squats for a second, then leaps into the air with his arms to his sides. (Pretty good for a guy with no super powers and at an advanced age.)

Jump 2:

Trying not to go down with the ship, Reggae escapes from Dr. Wily's coat. In a panic, Wily grabs onto the robobird's clawed feet, somehow gaining altitude. ("Gah! Get back here and help me you worthless bird brain!")

Falling:
Wily spreads his arms out as he falls. His coat flows behind him like a cape, and it would likely look dramatic if it weren't for the fact that his facial hair was fluttering too. (I know planning to take over world must take a long time, but couldn't he take two minutes to trim his eyebrows? Geez.)

Landing:
Wily bends his knees and back to absorb in pact, then clamps a hand onto the base of his spine in pain. (He's really too old for this.)

Shield:
Black. Wily squats down and holds his head with his hands. His eyes are squeezed shut in fear, and he seems to be trembling slightly. ("D-don't hurt me! Please! I give up!")

Sidestep:
Wily leaps into the background, then hops back onto the stage with surprising agility.("Hah! You missed!")

Forwards Roll:
Wily runs into the background, goes around the opponent, then leaps back into the frey, panting from the sudden burst of exertion. ("*gasp, wheeze* Too... too close...")

Backwards Roll:
Wily leaps back in panic and lands on his duff, then scrambles to his feet. ("B-back off! I'll make you funsize!")

Air Dodge:
Reggae yanks on Wily's collar and pulls the doctor into the background. He then climbs back into Dr.Wily's coat. ("Ow! Watch the talons, birdbrain!")

Swimming:
Wily kicks and swings his arms rythmacly. His face shows that it's taking a decent bit of effort. ("Well, excuse me if planning world conquest doesn't leave time for the gym!")

Drowning:
Dr. Wily splashes around patheticly with one arm, his other gripping his back. ("Help! You can't just leave an old man to drown!")

Flinch:
Wily stumbles back a step, his arms going to his sides and his face contorting in pain. ("Ow! What are you worthless hunks of scrap doing?! Get over here and get them away from me!")

~{Specials}~
~Neutral Special///Repair~
Wily calls all of creations within 1 Stage Builder Block of him run over so he can fix them. The machine(s) stops acting as long as the B button is held, regaining stamina at a rate of 3% every second. Medium starting lag and very short ending lag. If Wily and/or his creation take damage, this move immediatly ends.

---A basic but vital move. It's much quicker to repair damaged bots then to build fresh ones, and you can stop repairs to retreat from an enemy advance where building requires you stick around until it's finished.

~Side Special///Sniper Joe~

Wily pulls out a wrench with a flourish. He kicks up a cartoonish dust cloud around himself for 3 seconds. Afterwards, the cloud disperses to reveal Dr. Wily and a freshly built Sniper Joe standing in front of himself. If Wily is hit during this move, the dust cloud vanishes and a ragged looking Sniper Joe falls apart on the spot. The dustcloud does 3% damage and small knockback to anyone who touches it, with low priority. Each Dr. Wily may only have one Sniper Joe out at any time. Medium starting and ending lag.

~(Sniper Joe)~
Sniper Joes are CPU controlled allies to their creator with 26% stamina. Joes are slightly smaller then Wily. They posses a single jump with the height of Ike's first jump, movement rate of Ganondorf's Run, and the fall speed and weight of Bowser. Joe has two abilities:

~Joe Ability #1///Snipeshot~
Joe fires three small laser shots forward. The laser pellets are half the size of a Pokéball and move at the speed of Mario's run. The projectiles travel until they go off stage or hit something, do 3% each, no knockback or hitstun, and low priority. Little lag on either end. Joe will use this whenever there's an opponent in the line of fire.

~Joe Ability #2///Shield~
Sniper Joe holds it's massive shield in front of itself. All moves from the front do no damage or knockback to Joe while this is in effect, any melee attacks bounce off and suffer slightly longer hitstun. Attacks from below, above, and behind do damage and knockback normally. Has short starting and ending lag, and remains as long as Joe wishes, but the Sniper Joe can't move, jump, or attack while the shield is active. Projectiles that hit the shield act as though they hit a solid, nondestructible wall.

Joe will use this whenever a foe in front of him gets within 1.2 Stage Builder Blocks or fires a projectile, and stops when the attack is repelled or the opponent either moves away or passes by him.

---Sniper Joe is Wily's longest lasting bot, having high stamina and the ability to protect itself from frontal attacks. On top of that, the dustcloud during construction of the Sniper Joe serves as a shield from opponents lacking disjointed hitboxes and high priority attacks. Nevertheless, only use it when you're sure to complete the Sniper Joe.

~Down Special///Remote Controlled E.T.~

Wily turns away from the screen and hunches over something, working quickly. After 3 seconds, Dr. Wily turns to reveal a console the same height and width as him and begins manipulating it's switches. A small box appears in front of him, then vanishes and is replaced with an alien creature! Dr. Wily stays by the console, and the player controls the alien for the duration of this move. Pressing Down B again makes Wily step away from the console, leaving the Alien hovering in place and returning control of WIly to the player. He may take the controls by using this again while within a Stage Builder Block of it. There can only be one console out at a time.

~(The Alien)~
The alien has 30% stamina, takes no knockback or hitstun, and cannot be grabbed. Despite being the same size as Dr. Wily, it's hurtbox is the very center of it's chest cavity and it only takes damage from moves with medium or higher priority. The Alien can float in any direction at the speed of Mario's walk. If the Alien is destroyed or the console takes damage, the console and the alien explode, dealing 15% damage and medium knockback within Soccer Ball sized blast radiuses. The alien has two attacks.

~Alien Attack #1///Raygun~
Activated by the A button. A glowing pellet shoots out of the alien's chest at it's nearest opponent. The pellet moves at Captain Falcon's run speed until it hits something or goes off stage. Does 5% damage and flinching knockback. No lag on either end, but the alien can only use this once every 1.75 seconds. High priority.

~Alien Attack #2///Charge~
Activated by pressing the B button and any horizontal direction. The alien suddenly triples in speed and charges 2 Stage Builder Blocks in the direction pressed, dealing 10% damage and above average knockback. Short starting lag and long ending lag. Medium priority.

---Take the fight to your opponents without worry. It's first attack is hard to dodge and a decent damage racker when spammed, while the second is an okay KO option. This attack is best used when you've created several robots that can protect Wily, and only need to end the fight.

~Up Special///Wily Saucer~

The flying saucer appears below Wily, who falls into the open hatch on top of the machine. When he falls in, the top closes and grants him complete protection. The Wily Saucer is the size of 2 Stage Builder Blocks sitting next to eachother, has 15% stamina, and loses 1% every 1/2 second. Until the saucer's stamina runs out or the player uses this input again, Dr. Wily can move freely in the air at the speed of Luigi's run.

While riding, Dr. Wily can build any of his robots inside the saucer, which will fall out when the saucer is dismissed. When the stamina is depleted, it vanishes and it's passenger(s) enter freefall. Whenever Wily calls upon the saucer, it has whatever stamina remains from last time. If the Wily Saucer runs out of stamina, Dr. Wily cannot call upon it again for 15 seconds or until his next stock. If Wily is KOed or 15 seconds pass between uses, the saucer will have the full 20% stamina again. Wily CANNOT repair the Wily Saucer via his Neutral B.

If the Down Special is used, the Wily Saucer moves into the background, leaving Wily floating in midair. Dr. Wily then... shapeshifts into an alien?! The player controls the Alien like normal, but Wily is not on stage and can't end the attack early. While controlling the alien in this way, it cannot move more then 4 Stage Builder Blocks from the center of the screen (the remote control Wily uses doesn't have enough range). When the alien is destroyed, the Wily Saucer enters the frey again and disappears, leaving Wily and any of his robots that were along for the ride to enter freefall. The Wily Saucer can't be used again for 15 seconds or until Dr. Wily is KOed if this ability is used.

---The most important descision for Wily players is how to use this. Each use shares duration, and it takes too long to recover. You can throw caution to the wind, sacrificing duration to hover far out of the opponent's reach while you build robotic allies, or you can play it safe and save the recovery for emergencies only. I believe the allout option is best against heavyweights, as they can KO Wily without much difficulty regardless of his recovery, while playing it safe is best against lightweights, who will curse you out as you repeatedly recover time and time again. The interaction of this and the Down Special is a desperation move, and should be saved as a last resort or when your duration is about to run out.

~{Standards}~
~A///Telly~

Wily reaches into his coat and takes out a Telly. The small blue bot is the size of a Pokéball and floats around at the rate of Ganondorf's walk, moving towards the nearest opponent at all times. Telly has 1% stamina and remains in play until it's destroyed. Contact with the little bugger does 3% damage and light knockback. Very short starting and ending lag every time he takes one out. Dr. Wily can have 3 Tellies out at a time.

---Telly is a fairly useless bot on it's own. Instead, build a telly inbetween the other robots. The tiny, slow moving, one-hit-wonder will easily slip under the radar when the opponent has bigger fish to fry, and they can knock the opponent out of a move that would have finished your other minion. If someone's about to unleash a slow but massive attack, interupt it with this.

~Forward A///Met~

Wily reaches into his coat and throws a Met like a frisby, flying 1 Stage Builder Block before landing on the ground. After landing, it can move around at the speed of Mario's walk. The Met is the size of a Soccerball and has 10% stamina. Met can crouch under it's helmet with average startup lag, giving it Super Armor as long as it remains crouched. Contact with the Met does 5% damage and light knockback. Medium starting and ending lag. Medium priority. Each Dr.Wily can have only 1 Met at a time.

Met remains under it's helmet most of the time. It'll run towards a foe suffering from hitstun or starting/ending/landing lag, and return to the safety of it's helmet when the opponent moves towards it.

---The Met is an annoyer. It's small enough to avoid many attacks, and it can gain Super Armor on a whim. It can't really attack, it's simply there for the opponent to bump into while trying to get to Wily or avoid an attack.

~Down A///Squirm~
Wily reaches into his lab coat and plops a small metal disk onto the ground in front of himself. The Squirm has 1% stamina and shoots out Home-run Bat sized pipes in random arcs up to a Battlefield Platform away in either direction at a rate of 1 per second. The pipes do 5% damage, light knockback, and short hitstun. The pipes have medium priority. Short starting and ending lag. Each Dr. Wily can have only 1 Squirm on the stage at a time.

---One of Wily's best damage options, able to hit a wide area for decent damage. While it can be destroyed by anything, it's so low to the ground that only a few attacks can hit it, making it a pain to eliminate and and providing Wily several seconds while the opponent tries to destroy it.

~Up A///Octopus Battery~

An Octopus Battery appears in Wily's hands, and he tosses it into the air. The Octopus Battery is the size of a Soccer Ball and floats slightly higher then Wily is tall, moving back and forth the distance of 1 Battlefield Platform in each horizontal direction at Mario's walk speed. It has 15% stamina and does 8% damage and medium knockback to anything it hits. An OB bounces off any solid wall or platform it touches, adjusting it's path accordingly. Medium starting lag, short ending lag.

---Taller foes or those that favor the air are greatly hindered by an Octopus Battery, and it should be your prime concern going against them. Stages with multiple slants and platforms are also great locations for a well placed OB. It's slow in comparison to the other tilts, so it should only be used when it's a great advantage to have it around.

~Dash Attack///Spikedwallman~
Wily subtly shifts his hand into his coat without breaking stride. Wily pulls out a spike, the length of Wario and as wide as a Pokéball. Wily holds the spike out in front of himself like a lance; a desperate attempt to break through enemy resistance and escape. Wily holds the spike out as long as he continues to dash (or at least run) and suffers medium starting lag and long ending lag as he carefully puts the spike away. The spike is a disjointed hitbox that does 8% damage and medium horizontal knockback.

---When looking for a way out of a corner, accept no substitutes. Wily is able to scare off foes lacking in reach and push through anyone who stands in his way. This attack is also one of Wily's options when trying to knock the enemy off the stage.

~{Smashes}~
~Forward Smash///S-R300~

Dr. Wily takes out his wrench and a small fan. Wily attaches parts to it as this charges, increasing it's resemblence to the picture. When finished, Wily switches the fan on and steps away. The fan has 5~18% stamina, depending on charge time. Foes in front of it are pushed in the direction it's facing, at a rate of 0.4~1.2 Stage Builder Blocks per second. Medium starting and ending lag.

---This is worthless as an attack, is a fantastic gimper. It can make it hard to space properly and force slower enemies to take to the air to get anywhere. On the other hand, Wily can use it as an escape option by running in the direction the fan's blowing, boosting his speed. Works great with the Dash Attack, allowing Wily to move very fast or repeatedly pushing the opponent into the spike.

~Down Smash///Crazy Cannon~

A Crazy Cannon appears in front of Dr. Wily. As the attack charges, Wily opens a side pannel on the Crazy Cannon, and tinkers with it to improve damage and durabilty. Once finished, Wily closes the hatch, steps back, and wipes his brow with a cloth. The CC springs to life, firing shots in an arc from one of three positions. 1'o'clock, which has the shots travel in an arc 3 Stage Builder Blocks high and 1 SBB wide, 2'o'clock, where the shots travel in an arc 2 SBBs high and wide, and a 3'o'clock, where the shots travel 1 SBB up and 3 SBBs far.

The Crazy Cannon is the size of a crate and has 10~20% stamina. It fires at a rate of 1 shot per second, each shot doing 1~4% damage and light knockback, with no priority. The CC can shoot up to 5 shots with very short lag in between, then reloads for 1.5 seconds. The CC takes a full second to switch from one firing angle to another. Wily suffers from long starting and ending lag while he places/modifies the Crazy Cannon. The CC cannot move under it's own power, but can be pushed around via moving against it or knockback.

---The Crazy Cannon is one of Wily's more circumstantial attacks, it's rapid but weak strikes make it a great damage racker, but it's very likely to help the opponent by hitting them out of freefall. The best way to control this is to either build it far away from a ledge, or using Wily's Neutral B on it to prevent it from firing.

~Up Smash///Succubatton~

Wily pulls the Succubatton out of his coat and upgrades it using his screwdriver. When done, Wily tosses it into the air. The batbot has 10~20% stamina, suffers double hitstun, and is the size of a Soccerball item. It flys around randomly at Mario's run speed, but chases any enemy that comes within 2 Stage Builder Blocks. Succubatton will latch onto a foe, dealing 1% damage every 0.5 seconds and healing itself for the same amount (maximum of 30% stamina) until the foe button mashes out of it like a grab with 0.5~1.0x the normal duration. Short starting and ending lag, while Succubatton's attack has short starting lag and long ending lag. Wily can only have 1 Succubatton at any time.

--- Succubatton's best trait is not it's selfhealing, but it's ability to restrain the opponent for a short period of time. Wily can build more machines, run away, or use 'The Alien' (see Down Special) thanks to the short pauses it grants. Succubaton doesn't work well with Wily's other robots however, as any attack they make on a restrained foe cancels out Succubaton's attack like it a normal grab.

~{Aerials}~
~Neutral Air///Multi-purpose Tools~
Wily rummages around in his coat, throwing various tools out as the A button is held at a rate of 2 tools per second. Wily throws them in weak arcs, alternating from throwing it the direction he's facing and behind himself, going up 0.5 Stage Builder Blocks and 1 SBB away from him before plummeting to the ground. The tools can be picked and thrown like pieces from Wario's bike, and contact with a flying tool does 3% damage and medium knockback in the direction it was going. Medium starting lag and short ending lag. Low priority.

---Wily can knock foes right out of the sky and do a little damage while he's at it, and by hitting on both sides, multiple opponents can't surround him.

~Forward Air///Pipi~

Wily opens his lab coat, allowing a Pipi to fly out. The bird and the egg are each the size of a Pokéball and flies straight ahead at the speed of Marth's run until it goes off screen or hits an object. When the Pipi nears a foe, it drops it's egg. Contact with the Pipi or it's egg deals 6% damage and flinching knockback.

If the egg hits something, it breaks and releases three Child Pipi, each barely large enough to be visible. The group will fly towards the nearest enemy at the speed of Mario' run, being destroyed and dealing 1% and flinching damage each on contact. The Child Pipi last 5 seconds or until destroyed. All parts of this attack have medium priority. Dr. Wily cannot use this attack again until Pipi and all Child Pipi have left play. Medium starting and ending lag.

---This compensates for Wily's weakness on smaller, less complex stages by giving him an attack that's a pain to avoid and can be used in rapid succesion on very small stages like Flatzone. Still, you want robots that stick around before you try to abuse this.

~Down Air///Count Bomb~

A count bomb appears directly below Wily. He lands on the switch and bounces off, starting the countdown. Dr. Wily gains altitude equal to half his second jump when he uses this move. After 3 seconds, the Count Bomb explodes with a blast radius the size of Bowser, dealing 15% damage and above average knockback, spiking opponents underneath it. Medium starting and ending lag. High priority. The Count Bomb can be used as a platform. There can only be 1 Count Bomb out at a time.

---This can serve as a gimper, a way to scare off opponents, and even a boost to Wily's recovery. However, the countdown will give all but the least attentive players plenty of warning and ample time to go around or to pull back. Save it for when they're distracted or have no choice but to go near it.

~Back Air///Reggae~

Reggae flies from Dr. Wily's coat (or out of his grasp if he has used his 2nd jump), flies a circle around him, then returns. If Reggae touches someone, he latches onto them and flies them off in the direction opposite of the one Dr. Wily is facing at Mario's run speed. The opponent must button mash to escape this as if it was a grab or be carried off screen and KOed. When done, Reggae flies back to Wily. Short starting lag and no ending lag, but Dr. Wily cannot use this, his second jump, or his Up Taunt until Reggae returns. If Reggae is hit by an attack with greater then average priority, he squaks and retreats back to Wily at Fox's run speed.

---When the opponent looks like they're going to make it back to the ledge, jump backwards to meet them, use this, then return to the stage. If you're getting juggled by a foe, use this to pull them off of you until you can build a new bot.

~Up Air///Bombomb~

No, not the black thing with eyes. Wily shuffles through his coat again, then flings the small object upwards. The Bombomb flies up 2 Stage Builder blocks then comes back down at the rate of a thrown item. The Bombomb explodes on contact with a Soccerball sized blast for 10% damage and medium knockback in the direction the Bombomb was moving before it burst. Long starting lag and medium ending lag. High priority.

---An anti-meteor smash. When you see the opponent coming(twss!) in for a gimp, use this. It's difficult to time just right, but you can take comfort in knowing the blast will take them down with you. Just don't get hit by it yourself, mkay?

~{Grabs/Throws}~
~Grab///Leap~
Wily leaps forward with his arms spread wide to restrain the opponent. Very long reach, but Wily has only 0.8x the normal hold duration.

---The long reach lets Wily counter a charging opponent, but select a throw quick or you'll be very vulnerable to a counter attack.

~Pummel///Spring Head~

Wily holds a Spring Head in his hands, which repeatedly extends into the grabbie's stomach and retracts. The SH hits the opponent for 2% damage per hit at 1.5x the speed of Lucario's Pummel, and will continue to do so as long as the A button is held. However, as Wily uses one hand to hold the SH, his grip is weakened. Any button mashing done weakens Wily's grip by 1.5x the normal amount.

---The best way to use this is to rack up damage, then use a throw at the last possible second. However, you have to be careful not to overdo it. It's very hard to make the most of this.

~Forward Throw///Killer Bullet~

Wily shoves the opponent and hops back, putting 1 Stage Builder Block worth of distance between them. Wily pulls out a Killer Bullet and releases it, the explosive flying straight forward until it flies off stage or hits something. The Killer Bullet is the size of a Pokéball and moves at Fox's run speed. It explodes on contact, doing 8% damage and high horizontal knockback with a blast radius of a Crate. Medium starting and ending lag. High priority.

---This is actually the throw you want to use the least. If the opponent runs towards Wily just as the Killer Bullet takes off, Wily will get caught in the blast. This is his most reliable KO option, but is a large risk. Slow moving enemies are the best target, as Wily is more likely to get out of the blast radius. It's still an okay desperation move, if Wily is going to be KOed either way, at least take the foe down with you.

~Down Throw///Wiring~
Wily wraps a fistfull of wires around the opponent that restrains and electricutes them periodicly. He releases them after wrapping them, and is free to do whatever he wants. They can't use any attacks that require the use of their arms for as long as they're bound, and take 5% damage every 2.5 seconds that pass. The opponent must button mash to escape, and the wires have 1.3x the duration of a normal grab. Wily is free to move around after trapping his foe, but nobody can grab the wrapped character while they're restrained and anyone touching them when they recieve a shock takes damage as well. The wrapped character can still move/run/dash, even if they require the use of their arms to do so. Medium starting lag and short ending lag.

---Grab the guy, restrain them, get to work on your next engenius robot or attack while they're restrained. Not much to say, really.

~Back Throw///Shield Attacker~

Wily spins around and flings the opponent forward, then retrieves a Shield Attacker from his coat. The SA's jets turn on and rocket it out of Wily's grasp. Contact with the SA does 4% damage and high horizontal knockback. It travels 2 Stage Builder Blocks in one direction at the speed of Captain Falcon's run, then turns and goes 2 SBBs in the opposite direction, repeating until it's destroyed. The SA has only 1% stamina, but attacks from the front do no damage to it. The SA can also hit Wily for damage if he's not carefull. Medium starting lag and short ending lag. There can only be 1 Shield Attacker at a time.

---This can guard an area for Wily and auto gimp someone if used close to the edge. However, Wily himself can be hurt by the Shield Attacker, and will have less room to evade until it's destroyed. Wait for it to finish the opponent, then destroy it the next chance you get so you don't get cornered. The opponent has just enough time to dodge if they're careful, so run as soon as Wily finishes to avoid a beat down. As a final note, since it'll keep moving until it completes it's travel route, it'll repeatedly run into a shielding opponent until they dodge or their shield breaks, so it lives up to it's name.

~Up Throw///Mag Fly~

Dr. Wily sticks the foe with a Mag Fly and smugly waves goodbye. The Mag Fly will attempt to fly off the top boundry with it's victim in tow. A character stuck with a Mag Fly must button mash to escape it's grasp, as if it were a grab. The Mag Fly moves up at a rate of 1.5 Stage Builder Blocks per second. If the grabbie frees themselves from the Mag Fly, it will stop in midair for 1 second before chasing and trying to grab them again. A Mag Fly lasts 5 seconds, and can be destroyed by any attack with higher then medium priority.

---The Mag Fly's persistence is what makes it so valuable. Opponents will have to deal with this even after they escape the Mag Fly's grasp, and will be restrained for a period of time at the very least.

~{Situationals}~
~Rising Attack(Lying Facedown)///Spine~

Wily pulls his face off the floor and throws a Spine. Spines have 1% stamina, and travel back and forth on the ground at Captain Falcon's run speed, going from one edge to another until it's destroyed. However, if there's nobody on the platform it's on, the Spine will slow to Mario's walk speed. Anyone who touches the Spine recieves 2% damage and light upwards knockback, just enough to push them up and over it. Medium starting and ending lag.

---Like with Wily's back throw, a Spine can be a hinderence to Wily's plans if he places it on the wrong platform, or on a stage with only 1 platform. Use with caution. Still, it's a nice little piece of work and disrupts foes just as badly as it's builder.

~Rising Attack(Lying Faceup)///Recline~
Confident that his robots will do their jobs, Wily takes the time to relax and mock his opponents. Wily enters a reclined position, healing 1% per second as long as the A button is held. Medium starting and ending lag. Wily can't climb to his feet until this move ends.

---Cocky, are we? You should, fittingly, only use this when in near complete control. If you're not, get up and go to work!

~Rising Attack(Sitting)///Facefull of Brilliance~
Wily pushes to his feet with one hand and reaches into his labcoat's outer pocket with the other. As he gets to his feet, he lashes out with his pocketed hand and flings a fistfull of blueprints and scrap paper into the foe's face. A short range projectile reaching 0.4 Stage Builder Blocks ahead, and does no damage or knockback in exchange for very long hitstun. Low priority, medium starting lag, and short ending lag.

---Use this time like you would with any other situation- run! The short range projectile property and long hitstun makes this an ideal way to stun a target so they get hit by something/someone.

~Ledge Attack(99% or less)///Reversal~
Wily pulls up slightly, then swings his arm forward to grab for an enemy. If successful, Wily pulls the opponent onto the ledge and falls, regaining the use of his jumps. If he fails, he starts to lose his grip and reenters the normal ledge hanging position. Medium starting lag, with either no ending lag (when successful) or long ending lag (if failed). Medium reach.

---Use this, then take advantage of the situation with one of Wily's Aerials. Neutral Aerial and Up Aerial to send them rocketing down, Forward Aerial to hit them the moment they get back on the stage, Back Aerial to carry them far away, and Down Aerial to block their way back onto the stage.

~Ledge Attack(100% or more)///"I surrender, suckers!"~
Dr. Wily climbs onto the platform, then drops to his knees. He bows his head repeatedly, groveling. If there aren't any foes within 1 Stage Builder Block, Wily opens one eye to peak, then calmly stands up and dusts himself off. If there is, the character stops and reacts to his groveling (Looking at him scoldingly, smugly, or suspiciously, crossing his/her arms in a amusement or admonishment, or simply smiling in satisfaction). Without warning, Wily grabs his wrench and brings it up with as much force as he can muster, nailing them right in the... yeah.

Dr. Wily will grovel for 3 seconds or until the player presses the A button again. If nobody enters his attack range, Wily suffers from very long ending lag. If not, Wily attacks for 10% damage and no knockback, but very long hitstun. The target will be knocked to the ground facedown and unable to move until the hitstun duration ends. From the second use onwards, until 15 seconds pass since the last use of this move, the opponent can move/dodge out of the way of the attack.

---After hitting with this, throw out a Telly (Neutral A) and run to the other side of the stage. The Telly should hit the opponent just as they get up, increasing the time you have to rebuild your robotic army. Oh, and it adds insult to injury, too, which is always nice.

~!!FINAL SMASH!!~
~Wily Machine 8 (or Dr. Wily Does It Himself)~

The Wily Machine 8 flies in from the background, landing on the middle of the stage! The machine is 2 Bowsers wide and 2 Bowsers tall. It has 125% stamina, and can fly in any direction at the rate of Mario's walk. To enter the Wily Machine, Dr. Wily must use his Up B and fly into it. (If the Wily Saucer isn't usable at the time of the Final Smash, it is now available.) WM8 must be within 2 Stage Builder Blocks of a platform at all times. Why? Well, so you can't stall by hovering out of an opponent's reach. The WM8 takes no hitstun or knockback.

2.5 seconds after it's Stamina runs out, it explodes with a blast radius equal to it's size, doing 20% damage and massive knockback to anyone it touches, including the pilot. The Wily Machine 8 has the following attacks:

~Standard Tilt///Boomerang Saw~
The fan on the side of the WM8 spins at double it's normal speed. The fan disconnects from WM8 and and flies in the direction the control stick was tilted during the input of this attack as a Donkey Kong-sized projectile. The fan travels 3 Stage Builder Blocks or until it hits a solid object at the speed of Marth's run, then stalls on the spot. After 1 second, the fan returns to the WM8 like a boomerang. The fan does 6% damage and flinching knockback, and is likely to hit multiple times. WM8 can't move until the fan returns. If out prioritized or reflected, the fan will return immediatly with no ill effects.

~Neutral Special///Energy Spray~
The turret on the side of the machine springs to life. The three guns shoot a constant spray of bullets while the turret itself turns, providing 360 degree cover. The attack continues as the B button is held down, stoping when 3 seconds pass or the B button is released. This does 3% damage and light knockback per hit, shooting at a rate of 3 pellets per second. The pellets travel a maximum of 3 Stage Builder Blocks. Medium starting and ending lag. Wily must wait 3 seconds before he can use this attack again.

~Side Special///Wily Cannon~
A large cannon drops down from the bottom of the Wily Machine 8. The cannon glows brighter and brighter as time passes. After 2.5 seconds of charging, the cannon fires a massive beam of blue energy, 4 Stage Builder Blocks long and 1.2 SBBs wide. The beam lasts for 1.5 seconds, doing 25% damage and massive horizontal knockback. Massive starting and ending lag. Transcended priority The Wily Machine 8 can't move until this attack ends. If WM8 takes any damage during charging, the attack is canceled.

~Down Special///Repairs~
WM8 stops moving. Wily steps out of the cockpit and into the machine's depths. After a pause, clinking and clanging can be heard inside the WM8. For every second the B button is held down, WM8 heals 2% stamina. WM8's stamina may not exceed 125%. Long starting and ending lag, and WM8 cannot move until Wily returns to the pilot's seat.

~Up Special///Abandon Ship~
Dr. Wily escapes from the Wily Machine 8 and back into the Wily Saucer, which has it's stamina/duration completely refilled. Wily may reenter the WM8 at any time, but until then it's completely immobile and vulnerable to attack.

---Ah, the Wily Machine 8. With this, you'll become a playable boss character with enough firepower and durability to do some real damage. Just what the doctor ordered! The three attacks are good for any situation but easy to avoid if predicted. Switch between the three to make the best of them. The Down Special should be used when you've sent an opponent flying, or if they've grabbed a Star. The only real trick is the Up Special. With it, you can continuously recharge the Wily Saucer's duration. Just remember not to go face to face with the WM8. You may have plenty of stamina, but you're a big target and have no way to push foes off, so that percent will drop real quick.

~{Playing as Dr. Wily}~
Wily builds allies who fight while he supervises from a distance (Read: hides like a sissy). The time it takes to build or deploy his robots varries from bot to bot. However, Standards are very quick builds and Aerials are premade, Smashes can be fast or slow but are better the longer time you spend on them, and Specials are the longest but are by far the best. Use Standards and Aerials to create various meatshields and annoyances so you have cover while working on Smashes and Specials. Throws will serve as great ways to beat back the enemy, and possibly as finishing moves if you're willing to take the risk of getting close.

Keep an eye on your machines as they take damage. There are no visible ways to tell how damaged a bot is, so watch carefully and repair them if they take a beating. The Neutral Special comes with another great benefit; it allows you to summon a machine via Smash with minimum charge, then repair it at your leasure. Effectively, you can stop charging and restart whenever it's beneficial. The only hole in this tactic is that Repair only increases HP, while completing the charge will give the machine's effect or damage a boost as well.

Wily does best when left alone. Use a Met (Forward A), an Octopus Battery (Up A), a SR-300 (Forward Smash), and a Succubatton (Up Smash) mixed in with a Telly (Neutral A) or 3 to make approaches as painful as possible. Shield Attacker (Back Throw) and Spine (Rising Attack (Facedown)) are also strong choices, but can harm Wily and require Wily to endanger himself to use. If all else fails, Wily can use his Dash Attack or his Up Special to escape and try again. A mad genius always has an escape plan!

When you're ready to go on the offensive, have at least 3 of the following at all times: A Squirm (Down A), a Sniper Joe (Side Special), a Crazy Cannon (Down Smash), a Succubatton (Up Smash), and a Telly (Neutral A) or 3. Once you do, activate Wily's Down Special and use the Alien to score damage and possibly KO your opponents, only pausing to replace/repair any bots that are damaged/destroyed or retreat.

If you absolutely must fight head on, do it in the air. Wily's aerials are all fast, and are both powerful and versatile. His Neutral Aerial is a potential gimp, does decent damage, and prevents him from getting surrounded. Forward Aerial allows him to snipe from a distance and is difficult to dodge. Down Aerial can KO a helpless enemy or two. The Back Aerial is another potential KO move and pulls Wily's foe away for a while. Lastly, his Up Aerial does very good damage and knockback. To add insult to injury, produce an Octopus Battery and 3 Tellies (Up A and Neutral A) to limit the opponent's mobility.

Wily's throws share one purpose: preventing the opponent from attacking Wily. Be it by carrying them high into the sky, restraining them, pushing them away, or even blowing them sky high, his throws will give him a few precious seconds to replace/repair his machines.

For ground battles, Wily should let his bots fight for him or try and force an air battle. A Met (Forward A), Squirm (Down A), and/or Spine (Rising Attack (Facedown)), make traveling by ground difficult. Short hopping into a Forward Aerial repeatedly is also a nice way to damage a ground foe.

Middleweights are Wily's best matchups. They can't punch through Wily's inventions as well as Heavyweights, and can't pin him down like Lightweights. The closer to an extream one character is, the better they do against Wily. Wily also serves as a great counterpick to Trap characters, as he can simply pump out Tellies, Mets, and more until the opponent runs out of traps. Avoid using Wily when fighting projectile users, as they can take him and his legions down without endangering themselves.

Ironicly, Wily not only dominates against Trap characters, but with trap characters. The traps will keep opponents away from Wily, and Wily's minions provide the trapper with cover and KOes their opponents.

~{Playing against Dr.Wily}~
Dr. Wily himself is very frail. Lightweight characters need to interupt his attacks, while heavyweights should punch through all of his inventions so he can't protect himself. Middleweights have the worst matchup against Wily, as they can't do either as well as the extreams. Heavyweights are best, as lightweights will be easily KOed should Wily get his robotic legions ready to fight. KOing Dr. Wily is your top priority, as he can just rebuild any of his toys you break. Wily himself has relatively few options to fight back, most of which are aerials and are reduced in usefulness by his high ending lag. Do what you can to keep him pinned, and don't be afraid to take a few hits to get close to him.

The best two best matchups against Wily are Samus(Armored) and Gannondorf. Samus can attack the mad doctor and his creations from a safe distance, and Gannondorf will simply decimate Wily with little fanfare. Other picks include projectile focused characters and heavyweights. Avoid characters with few KO options and trap heavy characters; Dr. Wily is hard enough to get to as is, you don't need any difficulty KOing him on top of that. For the latter, Wily is more then happy to stay out of trap range and just send minion after minion until one breaks through.

~{Wily vs. Metaknight: 45/55, Metaknight's Favor}~
Wily has an entirely different strategy against Metaknight, The warrior from Dream Land can push through his minions with a well timed whorenado and can pin Wily in a corner thanks to his mobility. Wily, however, has a secret weapon. By combining his Up and Down Specials, Wily can move off the battlefield and be replaced with a fighter capable of dealing with this foe.

The Alien is a one-trick pony and can't completey dominate MK, but has plenty of advantages. It can move around and out of reach well enough to give the puffball a hard time. Thanks to it's ability to null all knockback and hitstun, it can escape any of Metaknight's multi-hit options. Combined with it's high stamina, MK will need to be very precise to shoot it down. The Alien should pelt MK from a distance as much as it can, and only go for the kill when it's sure to land one. But remember, the moment the Alien is destroyed is the moment Wily's advantage- and just to add insult to injury, recovery- disappears. Other then this, the only thing Wily can do is build a Sniper Joe and pray he survives the next 15 seconds to try again.

~{Wily vs. Captain Falcon: 65/35, Wily's favor}~
Wily's fight against Captain Falcon is similar to the match-up with Metaknight. The opponent can pin him down and smash through his inventions easily, while Wily's Alien is his only means of fighting. The major difference is Falcon's priority, or lack thereof. Very few of his moves can even harm the Alien, giving Wily a nigh unbeatable option against the Captain. Still, if C. Falcon gets through the Alien, Wily will be in very deep ****.

~{Wily vs. Mario: 70/30, Wily's Favor}~
Mario isn't fast enough to pressure Wily, and his attacks don't do enough damage to easily KO Dr. Wily or his inventions. Wily still has trouble finishing the red clad plumber, but he doesn't have much to worry about from Mario. This can apply to all middle of the road fighters, with the favor edging towards the opponent the closer they are to an extreame. Still, Mario's ability to do anything to a degree allows him some chance, and a solid Mario player can pull off a maginficent comeback.

~{Wily vs. Samus: 25/75, Samus' Favor}~
Samus can stay out of Wily's creations' range and pelt both them and their creator with high power projectiles, is hard to KO, and doesn't have much trouble moving around, either. To push it further, Samus can use smart bombs to take out the low lying inventions that are normally a pain to finish. She has plenty of great advantages against Wily, who will have to choose which minions to spend time on very carefully to come out ahead.

~{Extras}~

Taunts

~Up Taunt///Reggae~

The mechanical bird Reggae flies out of Wily's coat and purches on his shoulder, laughing obnoxiously at Dr. Wily's opponents along with it's creator. However, if Dr. Wily has a lower stock count, or an equal stock count but higher damage then the nearest opponent, Reggae will fly off in a panic, and Wily spins around and catches him by the neck before he can escape.

~Side Taunt///Mad Science~
Dr. Wily takes out a piece of paper from his coat and looks at it for a second before putting it back in his pocket. If the player pauses and turns the camera correctly, the player can see a concept art of a random enemy or robot master from the Classic Megaman series. Every time he uses this attack, there is a 1/10 chance Dr. Wily will take out a paper, do a double take, then angrily tear the offending paper to shreds. If the player examines the paper before he destroys it, they'll see either a 8-bit picture of the doctor with "Virgin Man" written on it and wolf print in the upper right corner or a picture of Gutsman's rump with a similar paw print in the lower right. There is a 1 in 50 chance of him pulling out a blueprint of Zero and smirking madly before putting it away.

~Down Taunt///The Eyebrow~
Wily places his hands in his pockets. He smiles and wiggles his eyebrows in amusement. No special gimmic, just a mandatory taunt for this character.

~Smash Taunt///Identity Crisis~
Wily suddenly shapeshifts, revealing his true form- an alien invader! Wait, wait, it's just a costume. As he pulls off the disguise, it reveals not Wily, but Mr. X!... Nevermind, it's just Wily in glasses and a cloak. He takes it off, leaving him in his normal attire. After the third use in a row, he turns to the screen and says "What? It was cold on the trip here, so I dressed in layers."

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Dr. Wily's red tie, Huge eyebrows and mustache. Kirby will have Wily's Neutral A, with the same effect and limitations.

Result Screen Animations
Win 1:
Wily posses for the camera, with the exact same appearance as in the picture at the top of this set. A small army of Robot Masters are in the background, cheering for their creator.

Win 2:
Wily is seen repairing a Sniper Joe, with a long line of various damaged robots (all from his moveset) lined up behind. He's grumbling as he pieces his machines back together bit by bit, too busy to even get in a bit of gloating. A pyrhic victory if I've ever seen one.

Win 3:
Wily crosses his arms and smiles viciously at the screen. Reggae is flying around, laughing at the losers. Wily's lab coat blows from an unseen wind, giving him a dramatic and almost bad*** appearence.

Special Win 1:
If Dr. Wily views Zero's blueprint using his Side Taunt, this animation will play. Dr. Wily and Bass will be looking at an empty, human sized chamber with several wires running from it. The other characters are nowhere to be found. Zero emerges from the shadows with his back to the camera and taps Wily on the shoulder. In a corrpted tone that sounds nothing like Zero does in any of the games, he says "The first victim of the robot apocolypse says "what?"." Dr. Wily's face scrunches up in confusion. "What?" Bass slaps his forehead, and Wily realizes his mistake. "Aww, fff-" The scene shifts to outside Wily's MM2 skull fortress which, explodes. The screen goes white, then switches to the normal results screen, where Wily is seen asleep on his feet. His jerks awake and looks back and forth paranoidly. He eventually calms down and grumbles. "Yeah, right. Like that would ever happen."

Loss:
Wily goes back and forth between glaring at the winner and scribbling on a fresh piece of bluepaper, preparing a surprise for them in his next battle.

Snake Codec
Snake: What's with the eyebrows?
Colonel: No idea, Snake. What I do know is that man is named Dr. Albert Wily, and has tried on no less then 10 occasions to take over the world.
Snake: Ten times?! That's insane!
Colonel: Dr. Wily was one of two men responsible for the creation of the first thinking and feeling robot. However, when his partner, Dr. Light gained more fame, he vanished without a trace. When he returned, he proclaimed his intentions to take over the world. Despite all his skill in the field of robotics, he's been foiled time and again by the robot Megaman, created by Dr. Light.
Snake: So his excuse is that he didn't get as much attention? Pathetic.
Colonel: He's old and can't put up much of a fight by himself, but he can build his mechanical minions in a heartbeat. Keep him cornered, or you'll be out numbered in no time.
Snake: Another day, another megalomaniac. Why do i always get the egocentric weirdos?

~{Closing Comments}~
Many of the attacks and how to make them intresting simply came to me once I started working, and the only reason it took so long is I was occupied by other matters, such as multiple visits from my hyper niece, who was out of school for summer. I cut out a few animations, as it was taking very long to make them and the section was already a pain to read through without them. I just want to say the the "Virgin Man" joke and the Special Win animation are not mine. They were taken from two different parody videoes you can find on Youtube. The name and insperation of Wily's Dash Attack and the scrapped Side Special came from the same one as the Special Win animation. I'll post the links below, for anyone intrested. Images and sprites were found at http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page, except for Dr. Wily's picture at the top of the set, which I had sitting on my computer for years and can't recall where I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpP_BKPa5Oc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHR3HizRTA

Updates:
(7/25/09): Changed Neutral Special to target all Wilybots within reach instead of 1. Dropped max number of Tellies from 5 to 3 and made the Octopus Battery bounce off solid walls/platforms to keep them closer to the series (Thanks Junahu).
(7/26/09): Fixed some spelling/grammer errors. Updated the vs. Captain Falcon section, as H_R has brought something very important to my attention. Just beefed up the Playing as Wily section as suggested by Chris and several others.
(8/05/09): Added notes about Met and Sniper Joe's A.I.s, changed the Neutral Special's wording, added a situational spike to the Down Air, clarified some things about the Down and Back Throws, and dropped Wily Machine 8's stamina from 150% to 125%, all as suggested in the review. (about time, huh?) Fixed some minor spelling/BBCode errors.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Dr. Wily: Certainly one of your better sets. It's immediately obvious that you fixed your organization- which frankly used to not be very good- with bolding and better headers. The set itself is very well done, incorporating many classic Megaman enemies in fun ways- all of the robots also seem to match the move they're assigned to. My main gripe is with the playstyle, both the section and the overall playstyle. I was overmilking a dead cow already with making Tingle one and now it's just plain overused, and the moveset doesn't really do anything new with the trapsetter playstyle. The section isn't stellar either- it's just too short, though you do deserve credit for making a Playing Against and Matchups section, both of which are rare, especially the latter (though I think that you might be fudging the data by giving him a decent matchup with Meta Knight but bad ones with Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Samus.) Overall, I feel that this moveset is above average and could be a serious contender if you try to give it a more unique playstyle.

EDIT: I'm not participating in this organization debate, but I completely agree with droogy on bolding. I just bold damage and leave it at that. Really, it gets very difficult to read chunks of texts when they're overly bolded, especially when the main users of bolding are MW and BKupa, two of the most detailed MYMers.

EDIT: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: Is the "Movesets" part of my signiture displaying to anyone as green instead of grey? Or is this just a glitch with my computer?

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Wily: Certainly one of your better sets. It's immediately obvious that you fixed your organization- which frankly used to not be very good- with bolding and better headers. The set itself is very well done, incorporating many classic Megaman enemies in fun ways- all of the robots also seem to match the move they're assigned to. My main gripe is with the playstyle, both the section and the overall playstyle. I was overmilking a dead cow already with making Tingle one and now it's just plain overused, and the moveset doesn't really do anything new with the trapsetter playstyle. The section isn't stellar either- it's just too short, though you do deserve credit for making a Playing Against and Matchups section, both of which are rare, especially the latter (though I think that you might be fudging the data by giving him a decent matchup with Meta Knight but bad ones with Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Samus.) Overall, I feel that this moveset is above average and could be a serious contender if you try to give it a more unique playstyle.

EDIT: I'm not participating in this organization debate, but I completely agree with droogy on bolding. I just bold damage and leave it at that. Really, it gets very difficult to read chunks of texts when they're overly bolded, especially when the main users of bolding are MW and BKupa, two of the most detailed MYMers.

EDIT: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: Is the "Movesets" part of my signiture displaying to anyone as green instead of grey? Or is this just a glitch with my computer?
Thank you for the review, Wizzerd! I admit that ___ vs. ___ playstyle sections might be horribly wrong since I haven't played for a long time (though I think the three counterpicks are at least slightly accurate). The "Playing As ____" sections are definately my weakest area, but I don't know how to improve.

I consider Wily a Minion Character, since most of the robots aren't traps by any definition I know (Trap = Motion Sensor Bomb, Minion = Assist Trophy), but I agree that trap characters are too common. I was worried about the whole minion thing, but anything else seemed random/OOC/both and Wily doesn't have much to work with outside his minions.

Also, it's green to me too. It's spelled 'Gray'. 'Grey' gets a weird shade of green. That tripped me up too at first.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Wily

Very nice Usershadow! I'm not too familiar with the classic Megaman series, but it is insanely clear just how much of a nostaliga trip this set is for those who are.

The set is very clean, with all of the moves working towards his well defined playstyle and all the moves are very flavorful. The Dair, Fthrow, and Dthrow are some of my favorites. Excellent set, quite excellent, probably as close as you could get to an optimal placement of Wily in Brawl.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I can't shake the nasty feeling that both of these posts are jabbing the finger at me, because if not me, who? Junahu (and wouldn't that be ridiculous)? The number of sets that at all try to do something special with their organization are incredibly limited; in fact, skimming down the current moveset list, I see Vaati, Clefable, and Kangaskhan. Since no one could accuse Clefable of being unappealing visually, I can only conclude that you're both saying that my organization is overcomplicated and ineffective. Kinda annoying, considering I put almost as much thought into the organization of a given set as its actual content. :ohwell:
I didn't mean to jab the finger at you at all. What I meant to say was that if you can and want to make outstanding organization, than by all means, do it, but that there's nothing wrong with just the average org. Didn't mean to make you feel bad. Sorry, Rool. =/

@Shadow: And I will get reading!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
DR. WILY

Great set, US. :) Not much for me to say; pretty gewd organization, and even IF some people view him as a trap character (not saying he is), he still maintains a fairly unique playstyle. Like I said in the chat; a few spelling errors, and there were a COUPLE (literally just a couple) of sentences that had slightly awkward wording. But what am I saying?; This isn't a writing contest! :laugh:

If I were into the competitive scene, I'd main Wily in a heartbeat. :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

And honestly, I haven't noticed many sets that try to look "unique" so much as to be unreadable, or hindering reading.

And while we're on the topic of what's all the rage now, Warlord's style (my template, by the way), I feel that there's a lot of overbolding going on nowadays. Bolding whole sentences, half of a given paragraph, just looks clumsy and doesn't actually help with what the bolding is supposed to do - that is, highlighting the most vital part of the attack.

Sorry if this post comes off as overly defensive or anything.

EDIT: This post leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like Spade, homing in on anything that could be perceived as a personal criticism while ignoring recent movesets. :urg:
I assure you that I was not targeting anything specific with my statement. You've always made some of my favorite movesets after all. :3

I see Dr.Wily, I acknoweledge its existence, but I'm too tired to give it a full read at the moment. I shall read it tommorow and provide comments then. =D

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've been gone for a while lol, so I may sit this contest out. I'd feel bad if I submitted something then didn't read other sets. The only one I read was dfm's OC Pokemon set, which was great.

Lusitania

Smash Rookie
Hey, noob here. Can I submit a multi-character moveset (such as Brawl's Pokemon Trainer), and how many characters am I limited to?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I didn't mean to jab the finger at you at all. What I meant to say was that if you can and want to make outstanding organization, than by all means, do it, but that there's nothing wrong with just the average org. Didn't mean to make you feel bad. Sorry, Rool. =/

@Shadow: And I will get reading!
I assure you that I was not targeting anything specific with my statement. You've always made some of my favorite movesets after all. :3

I see Dr.Wily, I acknoweledge its existence, but I'm too tired to give it a full read at the moment. I shall read it tommorow and provide comments then. =D
Alrighty then, sorry for getting defensive. :bee:

And because I promised, I read Wily, and he's actually a great set. You did some really interesting things with the summons angle, it's something that hasn't been explored all that much but that I've enjoyed ever since Lenus Altair's (I miss that guy...) MYM 4 Yami set. The Specials here tie it all together nicely, especially that wonderful Down Special, and the bots constructed remain interesting throughout. The organization is very much improved, I'm glad you took my advice! You definitely did him justice and I enjoyed the moveset immensely. *wiggles eyebrows*

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Frogmans Link Up Space

Yes, I did post a moveset, DIG IT, so this isn't useless M'kay. Remember folks, I first had the idea of Link up spaces like this. Yes, I demand attention! Besides, let cut to the chase, let this speak for it self.

Shadowdeth - The Darkness Pokemon

Shadowdeth, as far as I'm aware, is the first ever attempt of creating a Original Creation that was based on the videogame series of Pokemon. Shadowdeth is a legendary, and its role for such high being is that it controls the darkness and shadows of all the land, and life would be dull without it, wouldn't ya agree? Shadowdeth lives in the Negative World, and has a portal from there to the real world, and when it goes into the real world, it has a different image than its main appearnce. Shadowdeth comes across as a Sinister and Evil character from its appearnce, so it's fitting with giving it Psychic, Ghost and Dark type moves, as well as my own moves to fit the legendaries evil appearnce. This set has no mechanic, but it's focuses on a set-up which leads tpo a combo playstyle, and has great tools up its sleeve as well! These are the views people have took to this pokemon:

Shadowdeth was fun to read. The attacks seemed original and interesting. However, I fear his set-up game is a little too good when combined with fantawstic KO power.
Shadowdeth has some very interesting moves, like Trick Room. Not to be fussy but there are a few typing errors hidden in a few parts of the set (I forgot where they are). It does not matter much, but I just want to say that. At first, I thought Shadowdeth's moves for his down special form were like, his basic moves, which confused me a bit, but I eventually figured it out. Finally, I think that you need to space the animation of the attack with the effect I think, but I could figure it out eventually (You don't have to change that if you don't want to). Good for a OC, there were some creative moves in the set.

A pokemon moveset that has moves that are not actual pokemon names would be better than just giving the Pokemon all proper pokemon moves, becuase it gives you more freedom over the pokemon moveset's potential.
I don't think a set of all relevant pokemon moves is too much to ask for, you just need to think about what that pokemon can do, not always regarding their pokemon moves. My advice: Look at the pokedex description for the pokemon, it will give you interesting pointers that can help you make a good pokemon moveset.
Shadowdeth: You've got a bit of an awkward writing style here, and odd organization, but the detail and originality shine through. This is a really awesome set, with cool moves like the Down Special and Up Aerial. I find it cool that you made an OC... Pokemon! Great job on this one.
Shadowdeth: Pretty cool debut set Frogman. I liked how you incorporated the "official" Pokemon attacks, especially Trick Room. You even evaded Pokemon Syndrome despite it being very easy to use it as a cop-out with an OC, good work.
Shadowdeth: Wow...this looks great Frogman. From what i'm reading so far, no Pokemon Syndrome or anything like that. It looks like a great moveset with lots of cool attacks (i like that up tilt in particular). Overall, Great job. :bee:
I've been gone for a while lol, so I may sit this contest out. I'd feel bad if I submitted something then didn't read other sets. The only one I read was dfm's OC Pokemon set, which was great.
Shadowdeth: This is very imaginative and I admit to liking the images a lot, it is rare to see such creativity compacted into a decent moveset. Your brushing aside of Pokémon limitations is admirable and a lesson to all. Most moves are very fun and inventive, but yeah, still the same old DFM. In hindsight, I don’t see why Walrod picks on you so much for it, it is kind of endearing… Though your use of arrows in the organisation is odd to me. I recommend with your future movesets that you try to make your layout neater and also, as I said to Bkupa, not be shafted so much into adding effects onto moves that could otherwise be enhanced. This isn’t Roomba we’re talking about here.
Marthtrinity's Sunday Recap Episode 2 said:
The page after Naruto had no sets (BELIEVE IT!) but on page 27, dancingfrogman posted an OC character; Shadowdeth, a cool attempt at an OC Pokemon character. Mixing real Pokemon attacks with self-made ones to suit Shadowdeth’s sinister appearance and actions, DFM pulled a real winner here and gave it a unique twist to both OC characters and Pokemon characters alike.

Lusitania

Smash Rookie
1. Multi-characters are allowed. The number of characters in a multi-character has no restriction either (There has been multiple 5 in 1 characters since the start of MYM). It's common sense to do 3 in 1 character or less, as your work will go overboard.

2. Your allowed to make as many sets as you want, but that doesn't mean for someone to dish a set a day, people here work on their sets quite hard as you could quite imagine, and at a cost, for a long period of time (well, for me that is).
Thanks for the response. I was wondering because I wanted to do a multi-character moveset.

Smady

Smash Master
Shadowdeth: This is very imaginative and I admit to liking the images a lot, it is rare to see such creativity compacted into a decent moveset. Your brushing aside of Pokémon limitations is admirable and a lesson to all. Most moves are very fun and inventive, but yeah, still the same old DFM. In hindsight, I don’t see why Walrod picks on you so much for it, it is kind of endearing… Though your use of arrows in the organisation is odd to me. I recommend with your future movesets that you try to make your layout neater and also, as I said to Bkupa, not be shafted so much into adding effects onto moves that could otherwise be enhanced. This isn’t Roomba we’re talking about here.

Dr. Wily: Definitely my favourite of yours, Shadow. I love all the Megaman-inspired traps, particularly ones such as the Spine as the situational [makes perfect sense], the Telly implementation, which is awesome, and the Shield Attacker back throw. It all fits to Wily’s character superbly and as a fan of Megaman, I can’t help but enjoy all the references you’ve put into this wonderful moveset. Your style of writing and playing therein are much improved over Servbot and the organisation is friendlier. It’s an essential Wily set, my only criticism being that the concept is a bit obvious and the playstyle isn’t overtly complex. However, you and a few others who I shan’t name now are really impressing me with how you’ve bettered yourselves, it’s a real joy to read your sets. :)

Great movesets, you two.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So now I actually got to read Wily, yay!

I can only repeat what everyone else has said. It was a great idea to have Wily use all of his robotic minions for his playstyle, and it's a pretty cool summoning-based playstyle to boot. Most of the time summon characters are just "lol this unit ha more HP!" but you took care to give all of the robots their own unique uses to help our favorite mad scientist FINALLY score a win.

If there was one thing I would criticize, it would be the matchup section. It seems like you sorta forgot how your own set works when it came to the Falcon matchup. The biggest example of this was when you said the Alien would die in two hits. If you're referring to Falcon Punch, that move has terrible priority so the Alien wouldn't take damage from it. For that matter, 99% of Falcon's moves wouldn't be able to damage the Alien.

But yeah, overall, this was a great set, and it always makes me happy when a character that everyone says "can't work" ends up with a fully functional moveset.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I really enjoyed that Wily set. The old coot has endless possibilities, yet it seems you have made his moveset as appropriate as he can be. The Final Smash title was pretty funny.

That is a rad picture of him, fyi.

Lusitania

Smash Rookie

PRIMEAPE

SPECIAL ATTACKS

N-Spec: Rage
When you do this attack, Primeape gets a red anger vessel. If you repeatedly attack with the same move, each hit will not stale. In fact, it increases its damage by 1% each consecutive hit!

F-Spec: Brick Break
Primeape does two quick straight punches, one with each fist. He then does a strong but slightly slower straight with his left. If the third straight hits an opponent when they have their shield up (it even counts on special shields but not Mario's cape), it will have a Shieldbreaker effect on them. The first two do 5% and flinching knockback, the third does 8% and good knockback.

U-Spec: Seismic Toss
Primeape leaps up and grabs the opponent, and brings them down with great force. Like Gannon's up and side B combined. This does various damage, from 3-20% depending on the foe's weight (heavy characters take the most damage).

D-Spec: Focus Energy
Primeape crouches down and glows red as he concentrates for a half second. The next fully charged smash attack he does will do double knockback (same damage). If he gets hit before he does the smash, he is immobilized for a second and a half.

GROUND ATTACKS

Neutral A: Fury Swipes
Primeape swipes his paw in front of him horizontally for 3%. Can be comboed to keep the opponent in place like the Fan, but not as fast. After five or so hits, this move stops and Primeape must wait two seconds to do it again.

F-Tilt: Headbutt
Primeape bangs his head forward, DK-style. Okay knockback, but doesn't Pitfall.7%

U-Tilt: Sucker Punch
Primeape does a classic uppercut, knocking the opponent upwards for 12% and good knockback.

D-Tilt: Low Kick
Primeape does a kick that resembles Mario's dash attack. Okay knockback, 8%.

Dash Attack: Jump Kick
Primeape launches upward with a badass looking flying kick that deals 12% and high knockback as well.

SMASH ATTACKS

F-Smash: Karate Chop
Primeape does a diagonal-down chop with his paw that deals 7% and okay knockback or good knockback and 14% depending on if it's uncharged or charged, respectively. Spikes if used on edge.

U-Smash: Focus Blast
This can only be used if Focus Energy was charged. Primeape fires a ball as large as himself above him a short distance that deals 11% and good knockback. Charging this only doubles its range.

D-Smash: Stomp
Primeape raises his foot up like in his picture and stomps down hard. This shakes the earth and has a Pitfall effect, dealing 8% or 16% depending on if it was charged.

AIR ATTACKS

N-Air: Scratch
Primeape swipes his paw down in front of him for 5% and flinching knockback.

F-Air: Cross Chop
Primeape does an X-shaped version of his F-Smash that doesn't spike, but just deals 9% and good-ish knockback.

B-Air: Reversal
Primeape reaches behind him and grabs anyone behind him, and switches places with them. The direction they were facing doesn't change.

U-Air: Sky Uppercut
Primeape does another classic uppercut, knocking the opponent upwards for 12% and good knockback. (sorry, I couldn't think of anything alse for him :p)

D-Air: Body Slam
Primeape does a body slam that acts like Kirby's Stone and is similar to Bowser's D-Air in form. 8% and drags the opponent down with him.

THROWS

Pummel: Beat Up
Primeape punches the opponent in the face for 5% per hit. Isn't affected by Rage.

Throws: Primeape throws the opponent a good ways in the distance you tilt the Control Stick for 9% (I'm lazy, alright?!).

FINAL SMASH

Primeape grows as big as Giga Bowser and each attack does 50% more damage and double knockback for 10 seconds.

Notes: This is just me testing the water. This is not my best effort, but more of a 65% effort. Please give me comments and criticism on what I need to improve on in general, not just this moveset. I'll try to keep what I'm good at and change what I'm bad at for my next moveset.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Dr. Wily

Dr. Wily is the epitome of simple, yet impressive, minion based sets. All of his creations are relatively, if not very, easy to understand and use properly, yet they all have distinguishing features and varying uses that give Wily a deeper playstyle than what one would think.

My favorite moves had to have been the Side Special, Up Special + Down Special combo, Side Tilt, Up Tilt, all of the smashes, Fair, and Dair.

Wily is packed full of creativity and playability, while also being detailed enough to get the idea. The organization is good, as is the writing style.

The only big problem is the playstyle section. Wily has a deep playstyle which you do not describe to much efficiency at all. It would be nice if you stated which minions to use at what times and things like that, as well as comboes and arrangements of minions that are very effective.

Overall, great set.

Smady

Smash Master
Primeape: This isn’t that bad for a newcomer moveset, especially with the surprisingly good organisation, but there is a severe lack of imagination in the explanations. Simply saying, “he goes up and down like Ganondorf” or, “he grows as big as Giga Bowser” isn’t enough to understand how the move works. Look at other movesets to get a feel for how to write and you’ll do well with your sense of beauty.

You could make the most beautiful moveset ever. :mad:

Lusitania

Smash Rookie
Primeape: This isn’t that bad for a newcomer moveset, especially with the surprisingly good organisation, but there is a severe lack of imagination in the explanations. Simply saying, “he goes up and down like Ganondorf” or, “he grows as big as Giga Bowser” isn’t enough to understand how the move works. Look at other movesets to get a feel for how to write and you’ll do well with your sense of beauty.

You could make the most beautiful moveset ever. :mad:
Thanks for the comment. I'll try to make better explanations for my next set, and try harder. I'll give it my 100% effort.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
S A R E N

I have two rules that I follow.

The first is that I never kill without a reason.

The second is that you can always find a reason to kill someone.

Saren has joined the Brawl! Packing powerful biotics, hardened combat skills, and expertise in battlefield engineering, Saren Arterius may be the most dangerous opponent you've faced yet! He's packing some heavy ordnance and has a vendetta against all humans, so watch out.

Battling Saren
Spectre Induction

[OVERVIEW]

Saren is the main villain from Mass Effect, an RPG and Third Person Shooter by Bioware. He controls an army of Geth, synthetic AI soldiers, and has a personal grudge against the human race. Saren is brainwashed by Sovereign, a massive sentient warship as old as the universe, which is part of a vast army known as the Reapers, which wipe out all advanced civilizations in the galaxy every 50,000 years.

Saren can use an omni-tool like the one shown above to create mines, hack consoles, and disable enemies. Tech mines are thrown projectiles that have secondary effects, such as overheating weapons or shields. Saren is proficient in the use of all Tech abilities.

Saren can also use biotics. A biotic is someone who was exposed to Element Zero, a miracle substance that alters the mass of objects around it. Saren can manipulate Element Zero, and use it to generate force fields, throw enemies, and create spatial distubances. Whenever Saren uses a biotic attack, he glows blue as pictured above.

[STATS]

Movement Speed: 3/10

Saren has a very slow walk speed and a below average walk speed. All that heavy equipment he's carrying slows him down a lot!

Aerial Mobility: 1/10

Saren's heavy armor and body shape means he drops like a rock. Has an almost decent second jump, but can't move quickly in any direction but down. Terrible.

Size: 9/10

Saren is a Turian, even taller than Ganondorf, and the second heaviest character in the game. He's going to outsize pretty much everyone he meets.

Power: 6/10

Saren doens't have too much knockback or damage for a heavy. Still nothing to sneeze at though.

Priority: 9/10

Most of his moves have excellent priority. Combine this with awe-inspiring range to create something truly frightening.

Lag: 7/10

Saren doesn't suffer too much lag for his moves, especially for a heavy. Still bad enough that faster characters can approach him pretty easily.

Recovery: 4/10

Saren has one of the most interesting recoveries in the game. It is one of his best moves for setting up in the air, and has the potential to recover very well, but is also quite punishable. Gimpy characters make his recovery much worse, while characters with worse air game give him a much better recovery.

[Standard Attacks]

Neutral A: Pistol Doubleshot

Saren whips out his compact, heavily upgraded pistol. It unfolds for combat quickly, and he fires off two short bursts in less than a second. The shots travel about four stagebuilder blocks and do two damage each. They are small, medium priority projectile and travel very quickly, slightly slower than Fox's blaster.

~3%

Jab: Rapid Fire

Saren continues to fire for every press of the A button, increasing his firing rate and range at the cost of power and accuracy. The bolts go six stagebuilder blocks now, move faster than Fox's blaster, and can be aimed by tilt the control stick, but they are somewhat inaccurate now. The firing speed increases to a little less than three a second.

~2%

Dash Attack: Pistol Whip

Saren runs out and smashes the opponent with the pistol. Saren glides a good bit when using this move, but has a very small hitbox and mediocre priority. There's also a surprising amount of lag to it, making it one of Saren's worst options.

~4%

Forward Tilt: Shotgun Burst
"Greet the enemy with the kiss of a shotgun."

Saren pulls his shotgun from the back of his armor. It unfolds quickly, and he fires it. The shotgun has a range of a little less than three stagebuilder blocks, but the damage decreases the further away the enemy is. Great knockback, a very good KO move. This move is a little laggy, but has excellent priority, nothing short of a whorenado is getting through it.

~9% (point blank)
~5% (1.5 SB block away)
~2% (2.5 SB block away)

Up TIlt: Damping Field
"You can't do anything to me now!"

Saren holds out his right arm, which glows with a holographic interface. A quick beep goes off, and a blue aura surrounds the area above and in front of him. The glow itself is pretty small, but it has surprisingly good range, hitting enemies above and in front of him the length about two thirds of a stage builder block.

Enemies hit affected by this field take small damage and knockback, and are never knocked out by this move. This move does however, have the affect of damping the opponents attacks, preventing them from using any Special moves for four and a half seconds. Attempting to will just make them shimmer a bit as the glow of the field appears around them.

Due to being a tilt, this move really can't gimp an opponent unless they're acting incredibly stupid. It has fairly good priority, and the field itself will absorb most energy based projectiles like PK Thunder and Fox's blaster while its out.

~4%

Down Tilt: Overload
"I'll break through your defenses like they were nothing!"

Saren once again generates a holographic interface around his right arm as he prepares an overload mine. After a third of a second, he throws it into the ground immediately in front of him, about a stagebuilder block away. It instantly explodes into orange light, and does decent damage and good knockback.

The burst mostly stays to the ground, affecting the area a stagebuilder block in both directions from the source. Any enemy affected by the blast also takes a second penalty, their shield is instantly broken if it is up, and if the shield wasn't up its charge is still greatly depleted.

Enemies who have their shield broken by this move do not suffer the usual punishing hitstun.

~7%

[Smash Attacks]

Forward Smash: Singularity
"With biotics, a black hole becomes a completely feasible weapon of war."

Saren holds his arms out and his torso glows blue as he channels the biotic powers he has. A small almost black blue orb slowly begins to appear in front of him. While this orb is out, it automatically absorbs any projectiles and causes the charge to increase. When released, a blue energy ball begins to shake randomly about half a stagebuilder block in front of him, pulling enemies within a little less than a stagebuilder block away towards it.

Enemies once pulled in are then thrown around by attacks in a way similar to Pikachu's Down Smash, although it is almost impossible to DI out of Singularity, due to it being, well, a mini black hole. The black hole lasts for between one half and one and a half seconds, depending on the charge, doing between two and six hits. Once the attack finishes, the enemy is blown with rather strong knockback in any direction, making it a great damage racker but a very unreliable KO move.

Saren must control the Singularity as long as it is out. He cannot create it and walk away while someone gets trapped inside.

~3%, between two and six hits

Down Smash: Rocket Launcher
"A rocket impact is never pretty, but it always gets the job done."

Saren reaches over his back and pulls out a rocket launcher. He primes up a shot, and holds it, charging up power. When released, the rocket flies forward at a low angle, exploding about three stagebuilder blocks away. It flies fairly quickly, but has surprisingly low knockback and damage for a rocket, which means it still has good damage and knockback.

Priority is excellent, and the opening lag is slightly less than what you would expect, making this move entirely feasible in combat, especially after using your Up Special.

~11-22%

Up Smash: Sabotage
"If your enemy cannot harm you, what can he do? What can you do to me?"

Saren activates his holographic console once more and creates a small gray ball in the palm of his hand. As he charges this move, the ball starts to glow with a red light. Once finished charging, Saren suddenly tosses it up at a high angle, and it explodes, the kirby sized red explosion just inches from his face.

Enemies hit by this attack take moderate damage and knockback downwards. After being hit all of their moves are treated as fully decayed for eight seconds, or until he successfully attacks someone ten times, thus clearing the decay list.

~7-12%

[SPECIALS]

Neutral Special: Immunity Barrier
"I assure you, my shields are perfectly fine. I can't say the same about yours though."

Hold down the B button, and Saren glows with blue-white energy, charging up biotic power. When released, there is a flash of light that harms enemies around him with mild hitstun, and Saren gains temporary extra armor and has white energy lines flowing over him. The move takes between one and two seconds to charge, and lasts between four and eight seconds, depending on the charge.

While in this state, Saren is immune to attacks that do less damage than his shield can absorb, which is equal to the damage it inflicts. Furthermore, if an enemy attacks him with a jointed or unjointed hitbox move, they take damage and knockback of the same damage Saren charged.

~5-10%

Up Special: Battle Pad
I win my battles because I can fight where others cannot."

Saren takes a short little midair hop, and a gray hoverpad appears below him. The hoverpad moves rather slowly, about a stagebuilder block a second, but lasts for ten seconds. As long as Saren is on the pad though, Saren can be attacked, and if Saren takes damage he is knocked off and enters fallspecial. Saren can jump off of the pad, but he cannot use it again until he touches solid ground.

Saren is not defenseless while using this move though. In fact, Saren can use his Jab, Tilts, and Smash attacks all while on the platform! A well timed Damping Field or Rocket Launcher in midair can be absolutely brutal done right.

As an added bonus, when Saren uses his Rocket Launcher attack, the rocket fires directly from the Battle Pad, and has less lag. It is therefore incredibly useful to launch rockets from the air in this state.

If Saren uses Overload or Sabotage on the pad though, the pad malfunctions from the EMP of the weapon and crashes. Still though, a chance to pull off these two moves at the right time is sometimes worth it.

Side Special: Throw
"Its like fighting a ragdoll, really."

Saren charges up some biotic energy and releases it into a ball of biotic energy. The orb is a little smaller than Kirby and travels at about Falco's running speed. The ball can be aimed up or down during the third of a second charge up period.

The attack does decent damage and has set knockback, not increasing with higher percentages. An enemy is knocked about three stage builder blocks away and three stage builder blocks into the air after this attack.

~6%

Down Special: Warp
"You are vulnerable, like all organics are."

Saren builds up biotic power in his arms and legs and releases it in a downward pulse. It spreads around to both sides of him, doing little knockback but good damage. Poor range though, enemies must be much closer to Saren than for most of his attacks. Enemies hit by this field are more vulnerable to damage for seven seconds, indicated by a slight blue mist around their heads. Attacks do 33% more damage and knockback during this state.

This move also has excellent priority, and little ending lag, although some considerable starting lag.

~10%

[AERIALS]

Neutral Aerial: Barrier Burst
"Defense is best when it can quickly be shifted into offense."

Biotic power glows inside Saren's entire body as he throws his arms into the air and clasps them together; his kintic barriers protecting him burst into a wave of energy all around him, pushing enemies away and doing a little damage.

The attack becomes truly dangerous when Saren is using his Immunity Barrier. The amount of damage stored in his immunity barrier is increased by 50% and added to the damage of his attack, also increasing knockback and length.

This move has excellent priority, but a bit of starting lag and a lot of ending lag.

~3%
~8-18% with Immunity Barrier

Up Aerial: Lift
"Get... out... of my face!"

Saren summons up some more of his biotic energy, and creates a wave of blue light around him that slowly rises about two and a half stagebuilder blocks. Enemies caught in this attack take no damage, but are completely vulnerable to attack for three seconds as they rise.

After using this attack, Saren falls slightly slower than Lucario for a little less than a second, but then accelerates back to his regular fall speed. Little ending lag, but some starting lag. Priority isn't really an issue with this move, seeing as its just a wave.

Forward Aerial: Kinetic Barrier
"Try breaking through this."

Throwing his arms forward, Saren creates a Hexagonal light blue shield in front of him. The shield lasts for about eight seconds and has stamina of 16%. The shield reflects all energy projectiles, but still takes damage from them. Touching the shield causes damage and mild hitstun.

The shield comes out very quickly and has little lag, making it a decent option out of a shorthop.

~4%

Down Aerial: Air Drop
"I make certain that I'm always in an advantageous position. Always."

Saren leans forward and dives down, his legs pointing down. Saren falls even faster than normal during this attack, and his arms glow with biotic energy. When Saren hits the ground, the biotic attack releases and bounces off the ground, causing any enemies in the area to float a little bit above the ground.

This move has a good bit of ending lag, low priority, but almost no starting lag. It is primarily used to get Saren out of the air where his attacks are weaker.

~4% midair
~7% on impact

Back Aerial: Grenade Backhand
"You can't sneak up on me like that. Not ever."

Saren quickly summons his tech power interface, and throws a grenade behind him. It explodes a little ways behind him, slightly smaller than a stagebuilder block. One of Saren's fastest moves, and his only attack with good damage and knockback in the air. Very little lag, almost no ending lag, and good priority.

~7%

[THROWS]

Grab

Saren reaches out and grabs his opponent. His towering height and long limbs give him the best grab range in the game, but his grab is rather slow coming out, but has little end lag if it misses. If Saren grabs an opponent he holds them up by one hand and raises them over his head.

Pummel: Throttle

Saren clamps his hand around the opponent's neck and chokes them. Its quick, and does poor damage with each hit though, making it actually slightly below average in overall damage during a grab.

~1%

Forward Throw: Biotic Hurl

Saren fills his right arm up with bluish biotic energy and slams his arm forward, releasing the enemy and knocking them away. Has rather strong knockback, and is a very good KO move.

~8%

Down Throw: Neural Surge

A green light filled with yellow sparks bursts from Saren's hand, and he drops his enemy, who falls down helpless from a short term paralysis agent. The enemy falls face up, and cannot move for a little over a second or until attacked. Saren cannot follow this move up with another grab, but can with a Overload.

~12%

Up Throw: Lift2

Saren brings the enemy down to his chest and knees him in the gut while his left arm builds up energy. He then pulls the enemy up and releases the blast, sending them slowly skyward. They float up for two seconds and cannot be damaged until they reach the top, about one and a half stagebuilder blocks up. Saren has difficult following up on this move, making it his worst throw. However, it gives him plenty of time to use Immunity Barrier as well, making it sometimes worth the action.

~6%

Back Throw: Overhead Toss

Saren takes the enemy, turns around and leans back, and slams them headfirst into the ground, where they bounce up. This move has low set knockback, and can be used to chaingrab Dedede, Bowser, and Donkey Kong, but only up to 25%.

~10%

[FINAL SMASH]

"No matter. I'll let Sovereign deal with you."

"That Ship, Sovereign? It's moving. I don't what you did down there, but that thing just pulled a turn that shear any of our ships in half. It's coming your way and it's coming hard! You need to wrap things up in there - fast!"

- Joker

Saren jumps onto his Battle Pad and flies away off screen. A giant spaceship can be seen approaching from the distance. It suddenly lets off a giant red laser, sweeping from the right side of the stage to the left. The laser moves at about the rate of Luigi's walk and takes up two stagebuilder blocks, but only hits the areas on the stage, meaning a smart player can go off the edge and avoid this attack fairly easily.

Getting hit inflicts devastating damage and knockback though, so being careless can mean an instant stock loss.

~33%

[PLAYSTYLE]

"Battle is about superiority. Completely devastate your opponent. Remove all of their strengths and prey on their weaknesses. That is how you fight, and win."

Saren has an interesting playstyle. He's a fairly aggressive character, with a good grab game, great ground combat, and fantastic range and priority. He also has terrible air game and practically zero moves for approaching. All but one of his aerials are used to try to maintain spacing and keep enemies away from him, and when he can Saren prefers to fight air combat on his Battle Pad, so he can use his stronger ranged land moves.

Saren also focuses on momentum in battle. Overload, Warp, Sabotage, and Damping are all move Saren uses to put pressure on the opponent by stripping them of one of their abilities or powers. Saren players must be aggressive to limit their opponents options, using their high priority moves to punish approaches. Lift, Kinetic Barrier, and Throw are part of Saren's spacing game. Saren doesn't like enemies too close to him, except when going for a grab.

Immunity Barrier seems an odd move, but it absolutely plays into Saren's style. By using this move, Saren discourages enemies from using jab attacks and weaker moves, and forces them to use slower, stronger attacks, where Saren can hit back with higher priority moves. Play this into the artificial decay from Sabotage, one of his quicker Smashes, and Saren becomes a very tough cookie to crack defensively. It is also a surprisingly easy to set up move, with Lift, Lift2, Neural Surge, and Throw giving him time, and the high spacing he likes to keep between himself and his enemies.

In a match, A Saren player either tries to start off with some grabs to get some good damage in, or uses his jab and Ftilt to try to enforce his spacing. Saren tries to keep pressure on until he can start debuffing the enemy with his moves. If Saren is a good distance away from his opponent, he may often get into the air and on a Battle Pad so he can shoot his rockets at long range and make approaching more difficult. Saren usually finishes off an opponent with a Rocket, Shotgun, Biotic Hurl, or rare Singularity.

When playing against Saren, it is imperative to play fast and aggressive. Saren is nigh untouchable when he gets his momentum going, so you don't let him do that. Characters with very strong approaches can break through his Shotgun that he uses to discourage approaching and start hitting him. Saren is also incredibly vulnerable in the air; playing a strong air game even with characters weaker in the air than average is a must. Saren can also be fairly easily gimped. In other words, he pisses himself at the sight of Meta Knight.

[Extras]

Victory Pose 1 -

Saren is approached by a few of his Geth and nods. All according to plan.

Victory Pose 2 -

Saren checks his omni-tool and a hologram of his Reaper ally, Sovereign appears.

Victory Pose 3 -

Saren looks contemplative. "We're one step closer to finding the Conduit," He says.

Defeat Pose -

Saren applauds the enemy in a slow manner, almost tauntingly.

Up Taunt -

Saren pulls out his omni-tool and checks it, modifying a few things for a second.

Side Taunt -

Saren pulls out his pistol and holds it at eye level. "Don't worry," he says. "I've got everything under control."

Down Taunt -

Saren bends his knees and slowly curls his hand into a fist. You can hear the glove stretching.

Codec Conversation -

Otacon: You're fighting Saren, aren't you?
Snake: This alien here? He's got a lot of firepower.
Otacon: Be careful. Saren hates all humans, you see.
Snake: All of us? I'd better take him out then.
Otacon: Saren has an army of robotic soldiers and can manipulate matter with his mind. He's a deadly soldier too.
Snake: Manipulate with his mind? After Psycho Mantis, that's nothing I can't handle.
Otacon: Good luck Snake.

Assist Trophy - Geth Hopper

The Geth Hopper is one of several types of Geth soldiers. The Geth hopper uses a built in sniper rifle to shoot down enemies, and leaps away from damage whenever shot at. It can crawl along the floor, stick to walls, and even the ceiling.

In Brawl, a Geth Hopper when activated will jump to a closeby wall or floor, and a laser will shoot out towards the nearest enemy. The laser dot will follow the enemy wherever it goes and fires in three seconds, doing 12% damage and decent knockback.

If the Geth Hopper is attacked while charging though, it will instantly jump out of the way to another wall and begin again. If it is attacked three times though, it runs away and escapes. It also leaves if it successfully fires against an enemy.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Not giving a full review of Saren (at least, not yet), but I don't know anything about the character. That's why most people include a brief overview, if you could. ;)

cjrocker

Smash Ace
*sees Saren moveset*

I LOVE YOU!!!!! *ahem*

Such an awesome character for a ****ing awesome game, this might be the first Mass Effect moveset in MYM history, or at least the first good one. I particularly liked the specials, especially the Up special, the interactions with that move were clever. Some of the throws and the final smash were a little on the bland, but overall I'd say this is your best moveset so far.

+10 cool points for all the quotes you used.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Dr Willy: It was fun reading through this set and each of his little inventions where all useful. All his moves sink in well with each other and they all seem to match him so well. I don't think I saw to many KO moves but I did see a lot of easy gimps. His UP B was most likely my favorite attack out of the entire moveset. You really out did yourself with the old doctor.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Saren was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever. Saren will never KO me from *is hit by aerial DSmash*

I think you need to give his aerial game more credit. While it may not be good for damage racking or KOing, it helps a lot with his spacing game which seems to be important to playstyle.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Saren was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever. Saren will never KO me from *is hit by aerial DSmash*

I think you need to give his aerial game more credit. While it may not be good for damage racking or KOing, it helps a lot with his spacing game which seems to be important to playstyle.
Thanks for the comments. In both boss fights ingame Saren just flies around on his hoverboard the whole time, so the idea came together pretty easily. And independently from Wily, I might add.

And yes, his aerial game is important to his playstyle. Its a major part of his spacing game, and was designed from the bottom to be vulnerable and require spacing to be effective. My point was that a character with aggressive air game can trump him rather soundly in the air.

Also, @cjrocker, only the "reason to kill someone" line was an actual quote. The rest were all made up to fit character.

Junahu

Smash Ace
this came up in the chat..

Wart: was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

Shadowdeth: was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

Dr Wily: was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

Primeape: was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

This is more a criticism at myself for neglecting to comment, than anything else. I keep reading movesets and not commenting on them

Darkslash

Smash Master
Wart: was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

Shadowdeth: was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

Dr Wily: was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

Primeape: was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

This is more a criticism at myself for neglecting to comment, than anything else.
Junahu post was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Dr.Wily (Love the picture of Wily), Primeape and Saren. are all coll movesets. Don't have much time to comment.

Looked at Naruto on page 25, sees pictures. Much better with them. I think Naruto movesets have a lot of potential if done right, there should be more Naruto movesets. As for the victory poses against various Naruto characters, Im pretty sure MYM4 had a Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke, Kiba, and Garra moveset, so some of your victory poses do stay true.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Daroach was a great read. I loved how you made the Triple Star more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Dr.Wily (Love the picture of Wily), Primeape and Saren. are all coll movesets. Don't have much time to comment.

Looked at Naruto on page 25, sees pictures. Much better with them. I think Naruto movesets have a lot of potential if done right, there should be more Naruto movesets. As for the victory poses against various Naruto characters, Im pretty sure MYM4 had a Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke, Kiba, and Garra moveset, so some of your victory poses do stay true.
That's why I'm doing them. Haven't seen any in this one so I'll be the Naruto character creator.

I'd like some more feedback, I'm sure there's still room for improvement.

Next I'll do Sasuke, then...
Kakashi
Jiraiya
Deidara
Itachi
Haku
Gaara
Kimmimaru
Gaara

Broken movesets
Minato Namikaze
Madara Uchiha

I'm not gonna do anyone else. I don't think I'm the one to do them...

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
So I finally got around to reading Wart:

Wart was a great read. I loved how you made the shotgun more powerful at close range like a real one. The up-special was also pretty clever

Seriously though, I like the set overall. To me though, he seemed a bit underpowered. D-tilt seemed seriously situational, and quite punishable. Same with D Smash, and a lot of moves seem to say, "but if you're against a good player, this move becomes useless." Up Tilt especially seemed to say this, as did some of the throws.

I love his air game, the B-air, U-air connection was pretty sweet, but unless I'm missing something the B-air seemed rather hard to hit with. His throw game is very solid though, and I like all the thought that was put into the throws.

The down-special was a little hard to read, with so many possible minions, I would have reduced the number to three, and evened out the spawn chances some, but its a very well designed move, especially with the Bair mechanic. Also, the dash attack is fantastic.

I liked the extras, and that you put in an assist trophy and a stage. Wart is also much easier to read than Tryclyde was, so that was good.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru

Finally started reading this set. Its got some interesting concepts, but it is incredibly underpowered. The Specials are all fairly bad. Shuriken is okay, but Fire Katana is ridiculously weak. The charge times could be cut to a fifth of what they are now. The getting in viewing range part of the recovery could be completely cut out and it wouldn't be too strong also.

Side Tilt is a great idea, as is the Up Tilt, although it took me a few readings to fully understand it. I really like the concept of the down tilt, but not enough power.

Forward Smash is excellent, until you get to the damage. Its much too low for a move that as you said is punishable if you charge it up. Up Smash is incredibly underpowered, having KO potential on a character with poor KOing moves does not mean that the move has to be almost unusably punishable. Down Smash is another good concept, and I can see its value, although it seems to take a long time to do (it sounds like it takes twice the charge up time to use, if I'm not mistaken).

Nair is horribad. Its damage is just okay but its so punishable it hurts. Up aerial is interesting though, and I really like it.

So many of your moves are fine, or even underpowered, and have extra weaknesses attached that aren't needed. Takamaru from the beginning was a bad KOing, pressure based, character, like your playstyle said. The moves themselves though are not only weak, but punishable too though. I see that you wanted a methodical character who slowly put pressure on the opponent but could be pressured back. It feels though that you made the worst of both worlds though by giving him the low reward style of methodical play but the high risk of being easily pressured.

You have some really good ideas here, I'll give you that. Your writing style is solid, and narrates the set very well. My review sounds a lot more negative than I wish it was, because the only major weakness is that you're limiting yourself too much. Your playstyle section is rather good, and the Final Smash is a wonderful concept.

Know this, I look forward to your other sets. You gave this guy a lot of character, and you've got the makings of great moves here, but the underpoweredness of it all make it easy to overlook. I'm sorry this review is so negative, but that's the issue I have with this set.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Please don't double post unnecessarily. You know you could just edit Takumaru's review into the post with Wart's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom