• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it awkard when you save replays?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I don't mean replays of funny battles or to show a glitch you discovered, I mean like when you three stock someone, hand somebody their ***(es), after you save the battle, is there an air of tension? Like does the opponent get upset? Do you feel cocky? Have you ever have the loser later go into your Vault and delete that video?

How do your friends/opponents react to you saving a video/replay after you've beaten them?

Sieguest

Smash Master
We're too busy loling and shaking hands to care....
we then go back later to see what could've been done better and we start brawling again...the life of a brawler is a constant learning experience! :)

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
We don't really care too much. If someone got 3 stocked, or generally flopped we laugh and get over it. Sometimes it is pretty funny even if you are the one that got owned.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
My friends usually hate it. I once three stocked a friend's Luigi with my Dedede (no I did not infinite), and he deleted faster than I killed his first stock! :chuckle: No, aside from that, me and my friends are usually cool about the matches' outcomes.

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
More mature gamers would shrug off a bad loss, but it's hard for the loser not to at least be a bit disgruntled at replaying a horrible game of theirs. That said if the loser was the one who wanted to replay it all more the merrier.

I think it's just a matter of how much damage one's pride can take before it gets smashed apart and flys offstage. :laugh:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Those that like it counter by saving any match I lost in, no matter how lame the match was.

Stupid, It shouldn't matter.

Uffe

Smash Hero
For combo videos, I'll save whatever I can no matter how stupid the match was. There was a cool part in there somewhere. If it's someone I can beat more than enough times, I don't feel the replay is worthy enough to be saved. If it's someone who is hard as hell, then no doubt am I going to save that replay and remember the good things that happened. Going back with how stupid the match was, if there was something cool I did and I lost the match and it's under three minutes, I'll save it because of that cool thing that I did despite the fact that I lost. Like I have this really cool thing that I did with Captain Falcon. I lost because of Pokemon Stadium (Melees) faulty edges. D:<

Afropony

Smash Lord
My friend and I save a few replays if we think we've done a really good combo or something like that. My friends always like "Did you see that awesome combo" and I'm thinking in my head "but I'm only on 50%" these matches always seem to be the ones that he wins.
I don't think we really mind saving videos and if they're pointless we can just delete them.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Me and friends don't really care, we watch the replays when we're bored of playing. There really is no hard feelings between us. Its all for fun.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i usually only save the match if it was funny or epic lol

so if i save after ****** my friend

he usually knows why :p

Chuz

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I only save when something insane or epic happens, so there's no tension or anything.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Generally I will ask them if they mind me replaying it. Typically people don't seem to care much, and if they don't want me to, I don't. Granted, I don't care about replaying absolutely onesided matches that much to ask.

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Well of course it is alright. I mean If you 3 stock someone, or they 3 stock you, you can go back and watch and see what you did wrong. So go ahead and save those replays. Also the funny ones are fun to save too. Just saying.

ken109

Smash Cadet
I would be a bit angry after i get 3 stocked but I would replay it anyway so I can lol at myself getting pwned the day after. :laugh:

Mikey Free

Smash Rookie
I usually don't when I'm playing my friends. But i can't help it when i own a computer or somthing.

seems like the only thing we replay are weird crazy "wtf" moments.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Lets say your playing a buttload of friendlies with someone at a tourny. You win about 90/100 matches. The ten that you lost he saves and then later uploads them to youtube.

It's not something I'd laugh and joke about :/

When it's just with your friends and your just having fun with everything, though, then its completely all right. I save vids of myself getting utterly ***** most of the time :D

Lustar

Smash Cadet
My friends never really get angry when I do save replays of them getting three-stocked but I never really do save those kinds of replays. We just all laugh about it when we do view those kinds of replays so there’s no tension between them and me.

Mugen Infinity

Smash Apprentice
OP, that is a pretty funny thought. After some battles, there is a little tension in the air, and the defeated Brawler might be a little angry that their epic loss is now being recorded for all to see.
But as for me, if a battle is save worthy, whether you're on the winning or losing end doesn't matter, it's just cool to actually see a replay-worthy moment in Brawl!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
My friend calls me a di*k whenever I save a video where I combo him well. When he does the comboing and he saves the replay though, not a peep.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
i dont really save a replay where i pwn my friend or get pwned since that happens all the time, we only save them if something crazy happens like if when we do captian falcon matches and all of us are down at the bottom of the stage up bing and side bing and all that jazz for like 45 sec

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
i dont really save a replay where i pwn my friend or get pwned since that happens all the time, we only save them if something crazy happens like if when we do captian falcon matches and all of us are down at the bottom of the stage up bing and side bing and all that jazz for like 45 sec
i completely agree...i prefer to save the replays of all the insane stuff that goes on in a match rather than the complete annhilation of me or my opponent

Top Bottom