• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Interview Topic #2 Holy Nightmare (Interview pending, don'tcha know)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
First up is Sudai and therefore we do not need his consent. You may ask questions as posts below and I will compile them and ask him which will be posted in a single post later on with colors maybe.

Holy Nightmare is up! Post your questions and on August 19th, I'll PM the questions!

Previous Interviews:
Sudai

:084:

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Therefore we do not need his consent.
lawl. Good thing he's not a mod. GG's btw.

1. I know you're pro ban, but do you think he will actually get banned?

2. Where do you see Brawls metagame in a year, or ROB's metagame in a year?

3. Do you still play melee?

4. What other Games do you play?

5. What do you do outside of Games?
What kind of job are you aiming for (you're in college, correct?)

Mag!c

Smash Apprentice
1. What aspects of gameplay do you think ROB has yet to get into that other characters have? What do we, as players, lack that other boards don't?

2. Who do you see rising to the top of the pecking order with ROB to be our M2K or Ally, the best person to represent ROB's potential?

3. Are there any tricks or tips that you discovered while playing ROB that you would share?

4. Are the ROB boards ever going to stop camping the Social thread?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
1. Will you marry me?

10megatrons

YOU CHEATIN' BASS-TARD! ;_;

*runs screaming out of the house, apron over his eyes*

1. Did you have a "practice" routine when you played; something you did everyday/by yourself/etc to get better with ROB?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Now that you don't really play Brawl anymore, what do you do Smash wise?

What are some of your best achievements in Brawl?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
1) who's cuter...me, JCz, Dull, or HeyItsSnackattackerrrs

10optimusprimes

Do you think you would have continued to play Brawl if you had more varied competition instead of just a couple people [if not just Lee] who "gave you trouble"?

Do you think other people's choices of playstyle [Read: not exciting and fun/flashy...but boring and efficient, for the most part] had the greatest impact on your position on Brawl?

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
1. What is your favorite Counterpick stage?
2. What is your favorite difficult matchup for ROB?
3. Do you think Jamnt0ast could beat t0mmy in a $10 MM?

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
1. What do you do outside of Smash
2. What do you think is R.O.B.'s worst attack.

Sudai

Stuff here
Holy, Chibo, and HugS are the ones I want to hear from as well. I'm gonna clean up the question list a bit and then post it here for you guys. Gw, the list you sent me needs to be formatted correctly! :p

Sudai

Stuff here
Where do you see Brawls metagame in a year, or ROB's metagame in a year? ~Nintendevil

Sudai: Honestly? MK won't be banned. He'll still be the best character. The top aside from MK will probably still be shifting. ROB will probably be Upper-Mid at best unless you guys find a new game-breaking tech for him.

What do you do outside of Games? ~Nintendevil

Sudai: I'm currently in school. I'm studying to become a computer programmer or a nanosystems engineer. I'm undecided at the moment. As for my free time, I just hang out with friends (read: Play games), play other games (read: Play games), and dismantle old and/or broken electronics for spare parts. I use those parts to make small robots that do silly things. Sometimes I actually make useful things like my "Hall-Alarm." Infrared LED + Infrared detector connected to a speaker in my room that buzzes when someone approaches my room, all made from old parts. That's the only actually useful thing I've made so far though. XD

What kind of job are you aiming for (you're in college, correct?) ~Nintendevil

Sudai: Oops, I just covered that one, didn't I? XD

What did you think when you first saw this topic? ~Sapphire Dragon

Sudai: "What? Really? Why am I first? I hope they don't ask anything ********. -_-" Haha. Really though, I'm honored that I was the first interviewee. :]

What aspects of gameplay do you think ROB has yet to get into that other characters have? What do we, as players, lack that other boards don't? ~Mag!c

I think the ROB boards just aren't organized enough. I tried to work on that some when I was a mod, but once I quit the game, I just didn't care enough anymore. I think all of ROB's gameplay options have been exhausted, honestly. I just don't think all of the information is there for everyone to look at and analyze.

Who do you see rising to the top of the pecking order with ROB to be our M2K or Ally, the best person to represent ROB's potential? ~Mag!c

I think SoloShadowROB was the only ROB reasonably close to being anywhere near Ally or M2K. I don't think any of the currently active ROBs (SmashBoards, AiB, GFAQs, or even ones that don't go to forums) are even close, nor have I really seen anyone who has that kind of potential. Obviously I could be wrong, but you asked.

Are there any tricks or tips that you discovered while playing ROB that you would share? ~Mag!c

Sudai: I always tried to share everything I learned about the character, but there's probably something I haven't brought up. There's way too many situations that can happen in smash though, which is why when I deliver information, it's always when someone ask about it or a specific situation that it can be applied in is brought up.

what is your favorite thing about butthole? ~Stingers

Sudai: The hole. :]

Paper or plastic? ~jjvirus

Sudai: Plastic. Paper is too weak! > : [

When are we all chilling in Jsleezers barn ? ~Nacker

Sudai: Hopefully for Pound 4. Yeah!

Did you have a "practice" routine when you played; something you did everyday/by yourself/etc to get better with ROB? ~DuLL

Sudai: Nope. I'd actually advise not too much even if you have people that want to play. Avoiding the game helps you to avoid bad habits and patterns. The only time you should be playing much in the game is when you're trying to implement something new or when you're trying to learn a new match-up. Other than that, playing once a week or so is more than enough so long as you PLAY TO LEARN! That's probably the biggest tip I can give to any new players. Friendlies don't mean **** so you should be trying new things and expanding your horizons during friendlies.

Now that you don't really play Brawl anymore, what do you do Smash wise? ~Chibo

Sudai: I troll the Louisiana Thread. :p

Really though, I follow the ROB boards to answer questions when they come up and will continue doing so until I feel there's a few individuals that know all I have to offer. I picked up Smash 64 since I quit Brawl as well. Any time I'm actually playing smash, my time is split about 30-70 playing 64-Melee. I haven't touched B+ since the 4.0 official release nor do I really intend to. The game's too easy for my taste..plus my parents got me a new brawl disc since they found out someone stole mine (they surprised me, didn't want it, haha) so I want to keep that sealed in its wrapper so if anyone ask if I have Brawl, I can say "Yeah, but you can't play it. It's still sealed!"

What are some of your best achievements in Brawl? ~Chibo

Sudai: I never really achieved much in tournaments. Sure I placed well in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida, but that doesn't really mean squat. My only "accomplishments" would be the people I've met through the game. They're the reason I played this game, they're it took me so long to retire, and they're the only reason that I still hang around these forums.

Do you think you would have continued to play Brawl if you had more varied competition instead of just a couple people [if not just Lee] who "gave you trouble"? ~Toasty

Sudai: No. I traveled to Texas and Florida a lot to play Brawl when I played. Between the two, there's tons of diversity and people who gave me issues, I just didn't find the game all that fun.

Do you think other people's choices of playstyle [Read: not exciting and fun/flashy...but boring and efficient, for the most part] had the greatest impact on your position on Brawl? ~Toasty

Sudai: It's possible, but the people I play Melee and 64 with play both of those games gay as **** too. I'm fairly sure it was just the game mechanics, or maybe even the game mechanics combined with the gayness?

What is your favorite difficult matchup for ROB? ~Jamnt0ast

Sudai: I don't really know. The only match-ups I really enjoyed with ROB were ROB vs Lower tiers, ROB vs Snake, and ROB vs GnW. None of those are really hard for ROB though so it's w/e.

Which bear is best? ~Maxxx

Sudai: Polar or Panda. :o

What do you think is R.O.B.'s worst attack? ~Kid Nino

Sudai: Side-B. People can shield grab you mid-attack every time. That's pretty bad.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Holy Nightmare is up! Post your questions and on August 19th, I'll PM the questions!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Bleh August 19th is too long of a wait lol

Are we ever going to see the "WifiKnight" take on in-person tourneys?

You seem to be the only ROB to really make a lot of money through tourney winnings. If you don't mind, do you care sharing with us an estimate of how much you've made, to sort of give us all a goal to work towards? lool

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's a week.

Also, even though I'm hosting it, I have a question too. How far south have you ever traveled for a tourney?

Top Bottom