• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Sheik

L__

Smash Master
You seem to spotdodge, a lot. Try to avoid doing that as much as you were doing in that match, because after a period of time you become predictable and the opponent can punish it.

Also, don't throw out attacks for the sake of trying to have them run into it.

Right when you used your down-throw, I noticed you kept going for a grab. As Sheik, you can jab them if they miss their tech, forcing them to get back up. This is called a Jab-Reset, and right after you could charge a down-smash, re-grab, or do an aerial attack.

Keep working on it!

jkrohn99

Smash Cadet
thanks for the tip ill practice that ive been told a couple of times im waaaay 2 predictable =)

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
kk well right off the bat i got 2 non- gameplay tips for you-

if you want critique, try posting a closer game. In a game where you only died once, you probably made fewer mistakes than usual, and therefore there is less critique. 2nd thing is when posting vids, make the title "gamertag" (character) vs. "gamertag" (character) instead of writing it in the vid description.

As for your shiek, i don't have too much to say, as my shiek is fairly scrubby too. However, in this vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h89h1Xb2yE&feature=channel - i noticed that you're a little chummy with fsmash. it's really not a very good move; it's okay to use every once in a while, but not several times in a match. Also, her dair is best used to continue a combo (such as at 0:25 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphTto5RzLc) or during your opponent's wake ups. but take my critique with a grain of salt, as im relatively new to smash, and im sure some smash veteran will be quick to prove me wrong.

qwaszx7410

Smash Rookie
I agree with the spot dodge comments. Every action should either work in your favor or be neutral for you, at least in planning, and compulsive spot dodging leaves you vulnerable to long lasting attacks or retaliation after quick attacks. On recovery, manage your spacing from the ledge so that you can still easily hit it but so that you are out of edgeguarding range. A good Sheik can be threatening enough at the edge that most opponents will be forced to give you breathing room to return.

Top Bottom