• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Texture Pack Thread - Version 3 Available Now!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Phantom7's

The Legend of

ZELDA

Ocarina of Time

Hi-Res Texture Pack
Version 3

EmuTalk Page

The purpose of this project is to completely retexture (replace low-resolution textures with high-resolution textures in) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest, with a more colorful and fantastical style, largely inspired by Skyward Sword.

To use this texture pack, you must be able to run an Ocarina of Time ROM with additional plugins on your computer. However, since emulator discussion is not allowed, I cannot provide links. Links are provided in the readme, which can be found in the root folder of the texture pack.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3 HERE:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bvs3mcap8c5jb64

COMPLETED TEXTURES

Characters and Enemies
Bosses
Barinade
Bongo Bongo
Gohma
Phantom Ganon

Twinrova
Volvagia

Boss Title Text
Enemies
Baby Dodongo
Beamos

Dark Link
Dead Hand
Deku Baba
Deku Scrub
Dinolfos
Gohma Larva
Gibdo
Guay
Leever
Like-Like
Lizalfos
Moblin
Octorok
Poe
ReDead
Stalfos
Tektite
Wolfos
Link
Fairy Bow Textures
All Clothing
All Face Textures
Hair
Spin Attack Effect
All Swords and Shields
NPCs
Epona
Epona's Carrot
Ganondorf and Stallion
Gerudo Guards
Gorons
Great Fairy
Kaepora Gaebora
Kokiri (Including Mido and Saria)
Malon
Bombchu Bowling Alley Clerk
Cucco Chasing Girl
Dancing (Itching) Lady in Market
Market Dogs
Happy Mask Salesman
Lady beside Potion Shop
Market Lady in Blue Dress
Old Blue Cloaked Man (Market and Kakariko Village)
Other Market Characters
Navi
Princess Ruto
Princess Zelda (Adult and Child)
Rauru
Hyrule Field Running Man
Sheik
Skullkid
Hyrulian Soldiers
Zoras
Dungeons
Dungeon Entrance Text
All Textures for:
Bottom of the Well
Dodongos' Cavern
Fire Temple
Forest Temple
Ganon's Castle (Outside, Inside, Tower, and Ganon Area, Currently Missing Skybox)
Great Deku Tree
Ice Cavern
Jabu-Jabu's Belly
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
Water Temple
Menus, HUD, and Text
All File Select Textures
HUD
"Navi" Icon
Rupee Icon
Action Icon (With and Without Items)
All Action Icon Text
Dialogue Boxes
Hearts (Double Defense included)
Magic Meter
Mini Maps
Ocarina Staff
Pause Menu
Save Screen and Text
Quest Status Items, Background, and Text
Hyrule Map, Mapscreen Background and Text, Current Position, and Dungeon Maps
"R", "L", and "Z" Buttons
Box that appears over selected items
All Items, Item Screen Backround, Text, and Unusable Items
All Equipment, Equipment Background, Text, and Unusable Equipment
All Dungeon Icons and Text
All Other Text
Text
Controller Buttons
Capitals
Lowercase
Numbers
Punctuation
Title Screen
Copyright Text
Effects
Ocarina of Time Red Logo

Master Quest Blue Logo
Overworld Areas
All Area Entrance Text
Bombchu Bowling Alley
Chamber of Sages
Death Mountain Crater
Death Mountain Trail
Fairy's Fountain
Gerudo Valley and Fortress
Gerudos' Training Ground
Goron City
Graveyard (Windmill and Royal Family's Tomb Included)
Haunted Wasteland
Desert Colossus
Hidden Grotto
Hyrule Castle Grounds and Courtyard
Hyrule Field
Kakariko Village
Lake Hylia
Lon Lon Ranch
Kokiri Forest
Lost Woods
Sacred Forest Meadow
Temple of Time
Treasure Box Shop
Zora's Fountain (Jabu-Jabu included)
Zora's River
Zora's Domain
Miscellaneous
Effects
Ending Text ("Presented by Nintendo", "LoZ: OoT", and "The End")
Bomb Explosion
Game Over Text
Warp Pedestals
"Nintendo 64" Opening LogoTreasure Chests
Boss Key Chests
Bombs
Eye Switches
Signs
Magic Bean Patch
Timer
Keyholes for Locked Doors
Arrows
Crates
Push and Pull Blocks
Magic Jars
Hookshot Targets
Song of Time Blocks
Hearts
Ocarina of Time
Fairy Ocarina
Gossip Stones
Deku Seeds
Moon
Ganon's Castle Barrier
Triforce Crests
Fish
Background Lightning
Warp Effects
Skyboxes
Day Box - Complete
Night Box - Complete
Sunrise Box - Incomplete
Sunset Box - Incomplete

Cloudy Sky Box - Incomplete

COMPARE / CONTRAST SCREENSHOTS

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nice work, but why don't we retexture it to look like the Zelda Project's Hyrule?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
ROM and Emulator discussion isn''t allowed here. Links to your textures are perfectly fine, but I will have to delete everything emulation-related from the OP.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I want to see a textured out Majora's Mask too tbh. But I could understand if that was a bit more difficult. (Or maybe not >.<)

It looks very good.

Also, I don't think scripting (text changing, movement changing, etc.) are possible in OOT yet (at least with the tools we have) so full out hacking would be difficult.

There could be though and I just don't know.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There's currently no real way to hack OoT. People have replaced some characters and creatures with others, but that's about as far as they can go. It's a really, really complicated form of Toad's Tool (best name ever), which is a program used to hack Mario 64.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Nice work, but why don't we retexture it to look like the Zelda Project's Hyrule?
The only problem about that is we don't know exactly what the Project Zelda Hyrule will look like yet. Besides, in order to do that, it would require serious hacking. This purpose of this project is simply to retexture OoT, while keeping the same style, but making it look ten times better. It seems as if any other decent OoT texture pack is based on WW or TP, in which they replace all of the textures to make it look exactly like that game (for example changing the Deku Shield into the Ordon Sheild). But that is not the goal of this project.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The only problem about that is we don't know exactly what the Project Zelda Hyrule will look like yet. Besides, in order to do that, it would require serious hacking. This purpose of this project is simply to retexture OoT, while keeping the same style, but making it look ten times better. It seems as if any other decent OoT texture pack is based on WW or TP, in which they replace all of the textures to make it look exactly like that game (for example changing the Deku Shield into the Ordon Sheild). But that is not the goal of this project.
Yeah, I've played both texture packs and they're loads of fun.

But, we could potentially retexture the entirety of Hyrule to reflect our project.

- Forest Textures -> rotting, fleshy colored fungus stuff.
- Inside the Deku Tree -> hybrid between the tree bark and machinery.
- Forest Temple -> fungal, overgrown.
- Hyrule Castle Town would stay relatively the same, unless we wanted to change its appearance just so it felt new.
- Kakariko would appear "colder".
- Death Mountain rock textures -> Snow-covered rock.
- Fire Temple - machinery rather than stonework.
- Lake Hylia - desert canyon textures with palm tree tree textures on the borders.
- Water Temple - overgrown with vegetation and such.
- Shadow Temple - who knows?
- Gerudo Valley - relatively the same.
- Gerudo Desert - baked over with glass (we could edit the entrance text to read "Glass Desert").

Everything else would be just about the same.

Scott!

Smash Lord
That would be awesome.

Concerning what was actually done... I don't know. It just doesn't fit to me. But considering that I've put literally hundreds of hours into this game and know it so darn well that any changes just look wrong. Looking again forcing myself to be less critical makes it better for everything except Link and the item buttons. I hate Link's less-yellow hair to the point where it would distract me from the game. And the item buttons look... I dunno. The items look good except the whiteness on the hookshot in the last shot, but the buttons look so grainy that the old ones just look better. But the hearts, magic bar, Master Sword, and Navi are all pretty sexy. This is just looking from here though.

Unrelated, but obligatory: I hate that tree in Kakariko in Adult Hyrule. It looks so awkward and not tree-like. Ugh, it always looked wrong to me.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
There's currently no real way to hack OoT. People have replaced some characters and creatures with others, but that's about as far as they can go. It's a really, really complicated form of Toad's Tool (best name ever), which is a program used to hack Mario 64.
Yeah there is. :x Are you familiar with the hack Zelda's Birthday?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
That would be awesome.

Concerning what was actually done... I don't know. It just doesn't fit to me. But considering that I've put literally hundreds of hours into this game and know it so darn well that any changes just look wrong. Looking again forcing myself to be less critical makes it better for everything except Link and the item buttons. I hate Link's less-yellow hair to the point where it would distract me from the game. And the item buttons look... I dunno. The items look good except the whiteness on the hookshot in the last shot, but the buttons look so grainy that the old ones just look better. But the hearts, magic bar, Master Sword, and Navi are all pretty sexy. This is just looking from here though.

Unrelated, but obligatory: I hate that tree in Kakariko in Adult Hyrule. It looks so awkward and not tree-like. Ugh, it always looked wrong to me.
Apparently, you discovered what I meant when I said "beta".

I agree, that tree is just hideous.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah there is. :x Are you familiar with the hack Zelda's Birthday?
Holy 'oly mackerel! I've looked for ages for a proper hack (I've seen some really bad ones before) but this is superb. Replacing all the buildings and various models with trees in Kokiri Forest, along with its whimsical retexturing is absolute genius. I love this so much!

I will invest any amount of time possible to do something of this caliber.

7 years

Smash Rookie
Everything looks good except the change on Link's face.

Only change the texture on the face if you are able to change the face structure to suit the new texture.
imo it looks kinda odd.
Oh and the hair was fine no need to make it almost white =[

Spire

III
BRoomer
There are two new games I'd love to make:

1. Direct sequel to Majora's Mask where Link has returned and properly aged. You would play only as Adult Link in a Hyrule that has aged without Ganondorf for seven years. We could introduce an entirely new plot, despite being based in relatively the same Hyrule.

2. A game based between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, chronicling Link's child (yes he has one because the TP Link is a descendent as the game states). I hate going into relationships, but it'd most likely be Malon and Link's child. We could edit the Kokiri Forest to resemble a young Ordon. The new hero might naturally have red hair (like his mother), and while wearing similar clothes to his father, not actually be a new Link. The game could be less of an epic, and more of a casual Hyrulean tale, doing petty quests rather than preventing the end of the world and such.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
There are two new games I'd love to make:

1. Direct sequel to Majora's Mask where Link has returned and properly aged. You would play only as Adult Link in a Hyrule that has aged without Ganondorf for seven years. We could introduce an entirely new plot, despite being based in relatively the same Hyrule.

2. A game based between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, chronicling Link's child (yes he has one because the TP Link is a descendent as the game states). I hate going into relationships, but it'd most likely be Malon and Link's child. We could edit the Kokiri Forest to resemble a young Ordon. The new hero might naturally have red hair (like his mother), and while wearing similar clothes to his father, not actually be a new Link. The game could be less of an epic, and more of a casual Hyrulean tale, doing petty quests rather than preventing the end of the world and such.
Um.... Just out of curiosity, why is this here? :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Um.... Just out of curiosity, why is this here? :laugh:
Because with the advent of hacking Ocarina of Time (as seen in that beautifully crafted Zelda's Birthday video that FAILchion- posted), it could be possible to bring said ideas to fruition.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Because with the advent of hacking Ocarina of Time (as seen in that beautifully crafted Zelda's Birthday video that FAILchion- posted), it could be possible to bring said ideas to fruition.
You know what this means, right?

You need to make a new Spire Thread.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You know what this means, right?

You need to make a new Spire Thread.
Once I get Windows installed on my Macbook Pro and can actually work with executables, then I will. Until then, none of this for me :ohwell:

Noctis Strife

Smash Rookie
I have an error while extracting the Ocarina of Time Texture Pack with both winrar and 7zip I get an crc error at 58%. Could you help me, please?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
The "Celda" texture pack is probably the best one out there

too bad there's no way to like, smooth out the 64 jaggy geometry, cause as nice as textures can look you cant fix the low poly stuff

speaking of hacks, here's a project i've been working on

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C3D4971BE8F71544

basically a ridiculously difficult version of OoT that requires a decade of in depth OoT knowledge to beat (frame perfect tricks, etc). NOT for the casual gamer. I sort of find it pointless to make up new storylines so we decided to focus on gameplay based challenges.

edit: if you only watch 1 vid, watch the jabu jabu one, its the best teaser so far

Scott!

Smash Lord
Cosmo!, that looks so ridiculously intense..... The awesomeness that I see in all the vids so far is amazing. I don't know much about the clitches and exploits in the game, so I'd have to study up if I wanted to have a chance, but the puzzles look pretty awesome. I also like the twists on King Dodongo and Gohma, though I probably wouldn't if I were trying for the umpteenth time.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Cosmo! You will let us know when that is completed, right? I'm very, very eager to try it out.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Looks very nice. Graphics much sharper and the items look way better. Yeah, thats gonna be a download worth getting. I'd like to see a Majoras Mask Version of this. WIth what the other baords are doing with the voice acting for MM, putting beter textures would make it like a brand new game.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
These look amazing. I'm gonna have to try this out.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I think Scott! had a point about the action buttons, buddy. Everything else looks great, though. Now, if I could get those stupid graphics plug-ins to work. :ohwell:

If you update the textures for those buttons, could you post a screen?

By the way - that's freakin' awesome Cosmo. Hope you finish it! Let me know if you do.

herof time

Smash Rookie
I'm getting the same message as Noctis Strife, some of the files are corrupt. My download worked flawlessly, so it's unlikley that it cutting out would have affected it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm getting the same message as Noctis Strife, some of the files are corrupt. My download worked flawlessly, so it's unlikley that it cutting out would have affected it.
I just remembered that there are two files in there that aren't supposed to be. Look back at the OP, and I have them listed. Try deleting those files, and see if there is a difference. EDIT: From the OP: Ignore the "World Textures" folder and "thumbs.db" file. It may even be better to delete those.

acs016

Smash Rookie
The problem isn't thumbs.db or World Textures

The problem isn't thumbs.db or World Textures...I'm gettin corruption problems too...You should try reupping the file, maybe it have gotten corrupted in the uploadind process to the server...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sry but I have to ask...Any plans of Retexturizing Link's home ?
Almost impossible. Link's home is actually a flat image with some invisible collision boxes. And that image cannot be retextured well.

However, after a lot of hard work, the Hyrule Market image (that's seen beyond the entrance gate) was successfully retextured at a high resolution, so the same method might be able to be applied to Link's house, and subsequently, every other house in the game.

That's where Majora's Mask wins, again. Everything is 3D rendered. OoT was ugly at times.

acs016

Smash Rookie
Almost impossible. Link's home is actually a flat image with some invisible collision boxes. And that image cannot be retextured well.

However, after a lot of hard work, the Hyrule Market image (that's seen beyond the entrance gate) was successfully retextured at a high resolution, so the same method might be able to be applied to Link's house, and subsequently, every other house in the game.

That's where Majora's Mask wins, again. Everything is 3D rendered. OoT was ugly at times.
I know it's just a flat image , that's why I'm asking... :ohwell: Some guys that are working on OoT retexture too put some Photoshop's Gallery akward effects to try to compensate the images' lack of definition... I just thought you guys could do better...Anyway...I can't wait for the next version of this Texture Pack...Congrats Phantom7 for the great job!!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Actually, asc, "you guys" is pretty inaccurate. I'm really the only person working here. :)

Castle Town and Link's house are equally difficult. I would actually have to redraw everything instead of editing it to make it look more hi-res. And for Castle Town, I would have to retexture night and the destroyed Castle Town, which would be a a complete drag. On top of that, Castle Town and Link's house aren't just one image; it's several (about 10-20 for Link's house and 50 for Castle Town) images all put together to make one.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Actually, asc, "you guys" is pretty inaccurate. I'm really the only person working here. :)

Castle Town and Link's house are equally difficult. I would actually have to redraw everything instead of editing it to make it look more hi-res. And for Castle Town, I would have to retexture night and the destroyed Castle Town, which would be a a complete drag. On top of that, Castle Town and Link's house aren't just one image; it's several (about 10-20 for Link's house and 50 for Castle Town) images all put together to make one.
Ahh that's right, you can see the seams.

I am excited to see what you cook up, P7. Keep us posted with any and all updates (except single-texture replacements like a shrub).

Top Bottom