• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KID's Rochester Smashfest! (Updated!)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
TO HOLD AN AMAZING SMASHFEST!!

I know its last minute, but anybody who is willing, Im going to have a smashfest at my house on saturday, august 15th

Who:
Everyone and anyone that is willing to come to my house

Where:
176 Citation Drive
Henrietta, NY 14467

When:
August 15, 2009
Please dont show up any earlier than 2 o clock pm

Why:
Cus smash is amazing, the community is awesome, and my parents are going to be gone all day.

Kyle Flournoy
585-269-8444
AIM: KIDGoggles
those are the 2 best ways to contact me.

If you know me, you should know that I look out for my friends, and as such. Im not going to have people up in my house to fend for themselves. I will have provisions for you guys.
I will have at least a gallon of koolaid waiting for you all. Red, obviously
I can also have either a couple bags of chips, get a pizza or two, or I can hit up sams, and get some burgers and we can have a grill out on the deck, I even have outlets so you can hook up a tv and play smash out doors, while im cooking, with citronella candles to keep the bugs away. theres only one small issue.

Im sorry, but I cant feed yall for free
I will have the koolaid here, regardless of what happens but if you want any food, ima need to put up a 5$ cover for yall to get in the house so yall can help me out with this, I plan on it in the future but right now, im not rich, so we need to make this a community effort. Also, as a courtesy, ill let you know that I live pretty far out into the burbs, so if you are going to say ill just decide not to eat food and just go somewhere else for some food, I will say that as far as fast food goes, I live aobut 10-15 min away from any place that has fast food, and 5-10 min from the pizza joint, the barbeque joint, the 7-11 and Wegmans
Because I havent heard anybody state any thing to the contrary:
I will be enforcing the 5 dollar cover fo anyone trying to enter the building. It will be worth it to play brawl and melee in my house for hours upon hours on end, with an endless supply of kool aid. chips and food will be provided as well. Along with just being able to be around the awesome WNY people that will all be in one place.

If enough people show up I will also have a mini tourney or something for brawl and melee. I like to hear some feedback, before I make any final decisions.

I have just gotten word that we will have 4 setups available for this. which is what i was hoping for

i have 2 tvs, one with melee one with brawl
Brock should be bringing a tv and a cube
and leet 0 should be bringing a tv with a wii

if anyone want to bring any more setups tha would be great.

Also, If anyone would be available around 5 or 6 to pick up my boy jesiahTEG, after he gets outta work that would be pro

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
All tourneys, will be SBR official, if need be I will do a write up on the rules, but its tedious and time consuming, so Id rather just do it in person.

im more concerned with whether people want to be fed or not

Riddle

Smash Lord
I really want to come but I am going to have to ask my parents. I don't think my parents are exactly comfortable with me going to the house of someone they don't know. I might have to call and let them talk to you. Would that be okay? If it is just tell my parents I'll be safe and that you are a nice, normal person. Sorry my parents are protective, but I guess its their job.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Gah, this sounds like fun, but I don't think I can convince my dad to take me. He is on break though. I might be able to make it, but it's very unlikely. It'd be nice to play some non-competitive smash.

Still, I'm curious to see how this will turn out. Good luck Goggs, and have GGs everyone.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Riddle, my number is in the OP so feel free to have your parents call me. Im very good with adults and obtaining their confidence, as I am a very trustworthy person. You can ask san, his parents love me cus they know I take care of him when he comes out to play with us.

@leet0
your dad should want to come, as he should actually know me personally by now. i think Im the only Roc smasher that knows what OMR stands for LOL

1337-Zero

Smash Ace

@leet0
your dad should want to come, as he should actually know me personally by now. i think Im the only Roc smasher that knows what OMR stands for LOL
You don't only know what it stands for, you guessed it XD

Saying "I'm not sure if my dad can take me" was really just a creative way of saying "too short notice", but you've heard that enough already. He's just finished finals so he's really out of practice anyway. This would be the perfect practice session, but he needs about a week or so to prepare for these trips.

Still, I believe you're gonna show at Bry's tourney. I'll make sure to actually ask you for our MM this time. Are you out of Sonic practice? I never see you play him anymore...

EDIT: Out of nowhere, my chances of coming to this increased by about 40%.
3 Questions (two of which are stupid):

How many TVs do you got? We gonna rotate friendlies around 1 TV? (I have a small TV I could bring if I'm able to come)
Sorry for being a ****, but your parents know you're having this right? (I'm sure they do, I just can't help but ask, sorry)
If you throw the mini-tourney, should we bring 5 dollars for a small winners prize?

EDIT2: PHISHerman, bring $1 if you show, ICs VS :ness: on Smashville

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Awesome sauce.

3 answers for you.
1.Thats a very good question that I should probably put in the OP

I have 1 usable tv, 2 if I really need it, a full brawl set up (brawl and a wii) and a full melee setup (GC and melee). Any one that wants to bring tvs, or setups for either game would be very appreciated. I would like to possibly have 2 full setups for each game if i could.

2. yes, I cleared this with my mom yesterday.

3. yes 5 $ shoudl be good.

also, I still main sonic, with ddd and lucario as my sides, but when it comes to high level tourney play, I in the process of switching mains to MK/ICs

im still waiting for you guys to decide on what you want to do as far as food goes

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Well then, let the begging and pleading commence. I'll get back to you when I have a solid answer.

It sounds like my TV probably wont be needed, but I'll bring a Brawl setup. If I make it I want to have our MM when I get there.

No ideas in the food department. I'd just say do whatever you can with a $5 venue fee. I know I usually don't care if I'm fed or not, 7 hrs. on Kool-aid shouldn't be too difficult.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I think Im gonna make it it to this! I'm gonna pack a lunch though:) How many people are you expecting at this point?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lets seeeeeee...

soma ghost
KID
XXX
san
Joa
Walt
pikax2
Hubble
RTF

Possibles
buffalo kiddies.
daywalker
jesiah
gamestrapp
leet-0
O.M.R.

wow, this is getting pretty sizable for being planned one day in advance

also, super important.

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS AND KEEP TRACK OF THEM.

I dont have controllers for yall, especially those that dont use a GC controller

Kantō

Smash Champion
i would love to come but sadly i have to work at 3, its not even that far awsy either. i promise ill come to the next one

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when do you get off, cus i think we will be here for a while. also, if any of your friends have the ability, tell them to come down

Kantō

Smash Champion
i get out a 9 pm, so idk bout this time, but you really dont live that far away, so the next time you have something small or big let me know and ill get the day off

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Because I havent heard any replys to the contrary

I will be enforcing the 5 dollar cover fo anyone trying to enter the building. It will be worth it to play brawl and melee in my house for hours upon hours on end, with an endless supply of kool aid. chips and food will be provided as well. Along with just being able to be around the awesome WNY people that will all be in one place.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Solid answer: I'm gonna be there.

OMR and I are planning on arriving at about 2:10-2:40 PM. If that's too early tell me.

I'll bring my TV and my Brawl setup.

EDIT: We're leaving now, will be there @ 3:00ish

Kantō

Smash Champion
sry i cant make it, but good luck to you guys and have fun, i hate my job..... i wish i could go

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
sorry I had to ditch right when everyone was starting to show up. For some reason I told my wife it would only be like 2 or three hours and she had dinner ready for me at like 6:30 and was wondering where the hell I was. Next time I'll know what to expect and wont tell her to wait up.

Yah Im married and have a kid.
It's bomb but im bizzzzzzzzzy.

Top Bottom