• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eau Claire SUCKS at Smash (ECSS)- Whitehall, WI, Sep 5th

yoshq

Smash Master

ECSS​

AIB

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, so here goes.

Eau Claire is tired of all the hardcore players flocking to cities that are hours away from it. It's fighting back by hosting its own.

This was originally in Eau Claire, but Whitehall is exactly 45 minutes away from Eau Claire, and actually a better location for OOS.
New info: there will be hot dogs for 50C each and some other food in the venue. There will be as many chairs as we need. The venue fee will be $5, and will be waived if you bring a system with a game, but we also need tvs, otherwise everyone will have to play on 13 inches. I have also confirmed the address and gotten the fire dept address or w/e it's called, which is better because the regular one isn't listed in the map sites.

Venue
Name: REACHING OUT MINISTRIES INC.
Address: 5822 (W15822) Simonson Road
Whitehall, Wisconsin, United States
Notes: It's a church. There will be hot dogs for 50C each and some other stuff in the kitchen. We will list the entry fee as a "donation" because the owner has had trouble with the non profit specifications before. New: Free wii hats available at the door

Map:
MapQuest
Google Maps

It's out in the country and there is a huge dirt parking lot around it so don't worry about that.

Schedule/etc.
Registration will be 10 am.
Doubles at 12 pm.
Singles when the doubles finish.
Melee / Brawl+ either during or after the other events if there are 12 participants. Note: there can be as many tourneys as people will stay there for, the venue doesn't close at night.
The pot split will be 60/30/10.
And lastly please say something if you are planning on bringing a setup - I will add it to the list.
Hope you can come, it's going to be a fkin blast!1!! If I am doing anything wrong, please tell me - This is my first hosting experience.

Attendees list in below post
vv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules
Rules: (Brawl)
Brawl Rule Set:
All matches must be played using the following rule set:

1. General:
* Three (3) stock.
* Eight (7) minute time limit.
* All items off.
* If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
o If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
o If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
o If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
o If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
2. The first match of a game must be played on a verified Neutral Stage:
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Lylat Cruise
* Yoshi's Island
Use stage striking if agreed upon by both parties.
Please go here to vote whether PS1 will be included in the neutrals list.
Stagelist is open to debate.

3. The loser of the first game picks the stage for the second game. Make sure to communicate this with your opponent.
4. The third game, if forced, will be played on a stage chosen by the loser of the second game.
5. When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
* Battleship Halberd
* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes (Melee)
* Luigi's Mansion
* Norfair
* Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

6. Both players may choose a single "personal ban" stage to be removed from play for the entire set.
* Personal bans must be announced prior to the first game being played.
* Players may opt not to use their personal ban.
* In the event of a dispute the player with the higher ranking announces their ban first.
7. Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.
8. You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.
9. After the loser of the previous match chooses a stage to play, the winner has the option of switching characters. He/she must announce the new character if they choose to do so. After the winner has switched (or passed), the loser is also allowed to change characters.
* Infinite grabs, jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are not banned. Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:

Doubles-specific Rules:
All doubles rules follow the standards set by rules above, with this addition:

* Team attack must be ON for all teams matches.
* Eight (8) minute time limit.

yoshq

Smash Master
List of Attendees:
1. cybergeko
2. Dragmire
3. DUBS1909
4. Fade016
5. hunger (wisconsin)
6. Ionic
7. Lokeloki
8. pikabrawler
9. Ryzen Xia
10. Soren
11. YoshQ
12. eighteenspikes
13. Sago
14. Marthos
15. Trnty
16. Zicore (maybe)
17. Dajayman
18. -NaPPy
19. Bo X7 (illinois)
20. GenoSamus
21. Masho
22. Matt-kun
23. Shaq
24. Hazardousdoc
25. Pgsus
26. Yogehi
27. Nicki
28. Breezy
29. Deoxyribonucleic acid
30. Rodi
31. lucario09
32. T-rAv
33. D. Disciple
34. Michael12304
35. Quickster21
36. Reg
37. EvilsideNinja
38. Itsnameisgundam
39. Blind
40. Near952 (maybe)
41. Jdietz43
42. kirbycpok
43. indifference (trying)
44. Apocolypse3000
45. 7FO
46. Zerocounts (possibly)
47. dmark312
48. F5Near
49. neomagic
50. Dart1337
51. Wafles
52. Lordshadow
53. Hira
54. Minnesota Moe
55. DLA
56. Sarosum (Iowa)
57. Jahordon
58. Swany
59. Muche
60. Zezima (canada)
61. Foo
62. money
63. So Fatal (Massachusetts)
64. SothE700k

List of SETUPS (system, game)
1. Hunger (wii, brawl)
2. Fatboy
3. Lokeloki
4. Breezy
5. Fade016
6. Marthos (maybe/probably)
7. Blind
8. Lokeloki
9. YoshQ
10. Jahordon
11. Lokeloki's bro
12. Marthos

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about going to my first tourny here. Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but at about what time will this start?

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Say I can't get there by ten in the morning. Could I come a few hours late for friendlies, or would that be pointless?

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'll probably be able to make it then. I have a cross country meet that goes until about 12:00 or so, so I won't make it there until about 1:00.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
Sponsors are definitely not needed.
I'm gonna try to come to this too.

Fade, how many people can you house the night before?
Well. You guys would have to probably come late. So no one would be in my dads way, and Idk if we could play in the living room while my parents are sleeping unless we have a setup downstairs. I could prolly have me, hunger, sago, spikes,wafles and idk if anymore could come because my house is quite small along with my room. I can fit 3 in my room(two beds 1 person on each, and one on floor) then two maybe three in the living room(one on couch and rest where ever. I still got to find out for sure. I'll find out after I know the exact date. of this tourny. Chances are high though.

Otherwise biL might be able to house people for fun.

It'd probably be better to get sponsers for ECS2 or 3 if you plan on it.

*Edit*

I just checked how far away the venue is if the adress information is correct and from my house and its 120 miles which is a long trip still.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Yeah, its a long drive from your house still, but stevens point is still *almost* half way to eau claire from appleton/fox cities.

Zicore

Smash Champion
idk if I can make it, I'll be just moving into my new place and I may not have a license cause of arrested johns

yoshq

Smash Master
ok guys I got more info on the venue, there will be hot dogs and stuff for 50C each, and i'm thinking about charging $2 venue fee so people will want to bring setups and so the pot is bigger. there's more chairs than we know what to do with, and also tvs. so i will make the setup qualify as just a system and game.

hunger!

Smash Champion
ill bring a setup. ill force fatboy to bring one too. and MAYBE even a 3rd. since it's just system/game. i'm sure fade would prolly bring one too and i assume the host himself will supply one. that's 4 maybe 5 setups right there =P

edit: i just realized this. 10 am is pretty early since most people are driving 4 hours for this. might wanna push it back an hour or so to ensure more people will show up and register on time. Just a suggestion though.

edit #2: Take off distant planet....wtf is that doing on. this isnt aib son

yoshq

Smash Master
ill bring a setup. ill force fatboy to bring one too. and MAYBE even a 3rd. since it's just system/game. i'm sure fade would prolly bring one too and i assume the host himself will supply one. that's 4 maybe 5 setups right there =P

edit: i just realized this. 10 am is pretty early since most people are driving 4 hours for this. might wanna push it back an hour or so to ensure more people will show up and register on time. Just a suggestion though.

edit #2: Take off distant planet....wtf is that doing on. this isnt aib son
haha I copied the rules from aib, but i'll take it off if loki doesn't post saying otherwise, since he's the co-host

and i'll push the doubles back to 12 pm.

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
I can bring 2 tvs and a wii

haha I copied the rules from aib, but i'll take it off if loki doesn't post saying otherwise, since he's the co-host

and i'll push the doubles back to 12 pm.
It should totally be there, but I'm probably gonna be outvoted, gay green greens should be banned.

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
it's a good question, I didn't put it in the post. probably 10:00 am.
there is at least one car coming from Chicago for this, i think 10:00 might be too early, but i guess they can speak up if the would like it later.

Top Bottom