• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bolt/GameHaven Presents: Mythic 2 - MD/VA Tournament! - Sept. 5, 2009

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

Presents..

An MD/VA Tournament!

September 5, 2009

Address:
10817 Tidewater TRL Suite 125
Fredericksburg VA, 22408

For Directions Click the link below and enter your Address:
Mapquest Directions

--Or Just use Google Maps--​

Banned Players:

1. Skylink

Tournament Events:
1. Singles Tournament
2. Major Money Matches
3. Doubles Tournament

Major Money Matches: ($20+ Money Matches)
TBA

*The Main Money Matches will take place during the break between Singles and Doubles.

Official Mythic Ruleset:
Alterations have been made to specific rules so be sure you read and abide by the following...
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Time Limit for Doubles and Singles.
  • Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player's character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.
  • Stalling is banned. Incase you didn't know, Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape is banned.
  • Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Winners, Losers, and Championship Finals will be set to best of 5.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Do not fight or Steal from the Venue or the people in the venue. There are camera's installed in and outside of the venue. You will be prosecuted if this rule is broken.
  • No Tolerance Rule: If you are late, you will automatically be placed into the losers bracket. This only applies if you didn't make it within 30 minutes of the expected tournament starting time, after the 30 minutes you will not be allowed to enter the event at all and the bracket will be finalized. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Neutral Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
  • Norfair
  • Jungle Japes

STAGE NOTE:
Before the Match begins, and the characters are selected.. you get the choice to Ban 2 stages of your choice. Only one Starter Stage may be banned.

ALL OTHER STAGES BANNED!

Pricing:
$10.00 Venue Fee
$10.00 Singles
$20.00 Doubles

Schedule:

10:00am: Sage Mantis Game Gaven Opens
3:00pm: Registration Opens
4:00pm: Brawl Doubles Tournament Begins!
--When Doubles end, 30-60 minute Break for Crew Battles and Money Matches.
?:00pm: Brawl Singles Begin! (Depending on finishing time of Doubles)

Schedule Note: Get plenty of sleep people because our venue doesn't have a closing time. ;)

Food:
Sage Mantis Game Haven is located right next to a Bloom, Fratellis, and a Subway. If you are not interested in Pizza or subs, Bloom will have anything that you desire. There is a microwave available in the venue as well incase you decide to purchase a frozen dinner. :) We also have plenty of Snacks and Drinks available in the Venue.

Wii/Controllers:

Just like any Smash Event, we must ask that you bring your own controller to play with. As for the Wii's, The first 5 players to bring a Wii/Game (all characters and stages unlocked) will have their Venue fee waived!!!

Televisions:

Unlike most other smash venues, we have plenty of TV's already available, so do not worry about bringing your own TV. Just bring your skills!

NOTE: Game Haven has an Elite Team dedicated to playing Smash and are always looking for competition. So do our crew a favor and come show us your skill cause we could use the challenge. ;)

Sage Manits Game Haven Crew: Wall Street
- Bolt, MattX, BMX, Oath, Taj, Oh and Lykieos.
Hope to see you there!

If you have any other questions regarding the Tournament or the Venue, feel free to contact Bolt at one of the following:

Cell Phone: (540)604-6168 (Text Preferably)
AIM Screen Name: IL Bolt LI
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/boltanion
E-Mail: Boltanion@live.com

Tournament Confirmation List (Updated Regularly)

Smashers Bringing Wii's for the Possible Waiving of the Venue Fee:
1. Bolt
2. Lykeios
3. Oh.

Also, bear in mind that Sage Mantis Game Haven is an Xbox360/Ps3/PC Lan Center and regularly participates in various iGames events. If you are interested in coming down to play anything other than Smash, you are always welcome to join us!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
late start time...

I really won't be going this time

maybe i'll see about doing something in South PA/northern MD since its labor day weekend, that way it wouldn't detract from this event

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
late start time...

I really won't be going this time

maybe i'll see about doing something in South PA/northern MD since its labor day weekend, that way it wouldn't detract from this event
Aww well I really hope you change your mind. :) I'd prefer if you didn't Tant, I'd like the largest possible attendance which is why I set it in the next month. Claim the weekend afterwords? I want this to be the only event in MD/VA for this day. I'd really appreciate it.

Yeah I prolly won't be at this, but good luck with the tourney, Bolt. ^_^
:( @ you not coming. Thanks though. :)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I will be there bolt most likely only for dubz

Sin???? Deez??? Candy??? teams lol if your going. Or someone else

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Coney, since you couldn't make it last tourney, let's team? If not, K9, or Mattix?

I think I can make this.

Coney

Smash Master
Coney, since you couldn't make it last tourney, let's team? If not, K9, or Mattix?

I think I can make this.
i'll try to make it, but it's actually two days after my 21st b-day soooo...can't promise i'll be in the area. might be going to OC with my lady for the weekend. if i can go though, i gotchu on reserve!

This is 2 days after me and coneys birthdays

BRING PRESENTS
hells yeah it is. i'm gonna be 21, and you're gonna be 9!

maybe that's why we're so bad on teams together, man. two virgos = no good

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Coney mains Nesswagger

And yeah dude, if I were you I'd go to OC instead, that place is amazing, and sept is like the last month you can go enjoyably.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
There is something I must teach you fellow smashers. You see, in the days or yore, when man was man and woman was also man in a sick sort of way, we did not compete for each others affections. We did not try to impress each other with simple trinkets for their satisfaction, and thus learned not to vie for cheap thrills, rather their undying friendship. Realism, you could call it.

There was......The Shogu. The only thing separating wrong from right. The only righteous group amongst knaves of tomfoolery. The bringers of justices. The objectors of wrongdoing. In this day, that is all but lost. However, with this image, I must bring that salvation back. You must stare deep into the void to right all that is wrong in your life.

Now...............to execute an exit strategy.

*I am enjoying my permanent ban*

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand. This is smash broads right? Well that broad looks like she was ready to be smashed to me.

Why did that guy get banned?

Top Bottom