• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charged F-Smash + 26% Banana combo for use against Diddy

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I've become obsessed with finding combos and techniques involving Bananas for anyone but Diddy, and I did this on accident when I was playing another Diddy from school. I used to main Wolf, so I thought "Why not?" Then this came about, and I absolutely love doing it. It's fun :chuckle:

The combo is a chain involving two Banana trips leading finally into a somewhat charged F-Smash. It works at any percent as far as I can tell, so this might be useful for killing Diddy near the ledge at a lower percent (because you get to charge the F-Smash a little). I'll have a video up shortly so that you can see what I'm about to describe; I think it'll make a lot more sense that way. Wolf has to have a Banana in hand, but it's easier for him to get Bananas under his control then most (<3 reflector).

The combo is:
Short Hop over Diddy so that you'll land behind him > Throw the Banana down so it hits him in the "front" > The Banana will push him backwards as he trips > Land behind him and use Down-B > Diddy will be pushed back the other direction and will trip on the Banana again > Start charging an F-Smash and let 'er rip

I've gotten 26% as a pretty consistent max damage in training mode without the Stale Moves hack on (I really should have used that to test how much damage this really does... oh well). I was testing it on a computer set to "Walk" because they'll escape combos/trips at the earliest possible frame. I did it against my friend a few times (he's not very good, admittedly), and I am fairly sure it works at all percents (at least to a very high max damage cap). Plus it's fun :chuckle:

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDBik39ITko

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Not bad....I'll definitely have to try it. Although you could turn that into a sort of chain move....if he ever tries to roll towards you, ya can just dsmash again :D
You should see if you can chain multiple trips n such together in one go lol

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I want to say that this should be posted somewhere else, but I dunno where.

Anyway, that's a nice combo. I'll definitely be thinking about it. Can you remember what the max damage this was where it didn't work?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I want to say that this should be posted somewhere else, but I dunno where.

Anyway, that's a nice combo. I'll definitely be thinking about it. Can you remember what the max damage this was where it didn't work?
I was worried about where I should post it too... But I couldn't think of anything. If I come up with more Banana combos, I'll post them here, promise :)

TBH, I don't think it ever did not work for me, regardless of percent. I think I tested up to about 230% when I just decided it will just plain work :p I'm totally forgetting since I haven't played Wolf in forever, but is Shine fixed knockback? It really seemed that way when I was testing it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol xD This is pretty nice, actually. You can hyphen usmash instead of fsmash, I bet. Would be better for setups at lower %s, and kills as well depending on move staleness. Thanks for posting it :)

:059:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I don't want to post another video, but I got it working with Hyphen Smash too. That brought my max to 28% :)

This WOULD be a good tech chase, since there will be a Banana on one side, you on another, and you're just out of reach of Diddy's Getup Attack while being in range for an F-Smash. That's pretty darn good (for Wolf)!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I think w/e JJ calls the throw with the bananas foward long distances is more useful, but this application of nanerz seems simple enough. Tho it reminds me too much of one of my things to do after a down grab.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
Nice finding.
Hard to use it in a battle but it can do some good damage and with some mindgames can be used.

Top Bottom