• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Percon Presents: Poolside Smash - Saturday, August 29th

Percon

Smash Lord
So I suppose this is my apology for not coming to any tournaments this summer. Anyway, without further ado...

(This will be mostly Brawl BTW)

Percon Presents: Poolside Smash (Graphic Pending)

. Time and Place
[II]. Costs and Payout
[III]. Ruleset
[IV]. Additional/Venue Rules
[V] Housing?
[VI] Setups
[VII] Contact

. Time and Place

This tournament will be held AT MY HOUSE. Not only will it be at my house, but it will be held in my backyard. What's that? An outdoor tournament? Is that even possible? Well, to be honest, I don't know. I'm combining polar opposites here (Gamers and the outdoors, that is) so anything could happen.

Did I mention there is a pool? Bring your swim trunks, because you'll be swimming in between matches. My pool can easily fit anyone who wants to come and at the end of summer is when it is warmest. Speaking of warm, I was with your mother last night. Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh BURN

My driveway can fit anyone too. It's rather large. And speaking of large... *cough*

The address? Remember where the SB@N and OiN series tournaments were held? Both venues were pretty much on the same street, less than 1km from each other. It should be no surprise then that my house is on the same street. That right boys... my address is:

39 Arthur Street, St Catharines

People can start piling in after Lunch... 2:00? Schedule to be up later.

2:00 - People Cuhmh, registration
3:30 - Doubles Bracket
4:30 - Singles Bracket
After 5:30 - Anything goes

[II]. Costs and Payout

Venue fee: 0$
Entry Fee(s): 0$
Parking Fees: 0$
Coming to Poolside Smash: Priceless

That's right... this tournament is free. There are no fees and no payouts. This seen is pretty uptight right now and everyone's stress levels are at a high, with the MK debate, random tournament fluctuation/attendance and people being broke... I thought this would be best.

Why not though? Let's put the money aside and just have a good time. Not only by playing Smash, but also just by hanging out with each other. There are many of you I would love to get to know but hardly talk to outside of smash... it's time to strengthen this community.

Unless you're Ally, you don't just come all the way to Ontarian tournaments to make money (I'm kidding Ally don't kill me). Come out and have a good time! There will be small prizes for top three. I'll buy them myself; they won't be cash prizes. In all likelihood, they'll be edible.

And since this is a free tournament in my backyard, there are a few liberties I'll take...

[III]. Ruleset

There is no ruleset. We're going straight to bracket on TiO, brackets may be lightly seeded but probably not that much. You and your opponent must agree on rules... if you want to play by SBR certified rules, go ahead (you know them by now). If you want to play with items, go ahead (with no money on the line, what's to lose?).

If you and your opponent can't agree on something I'll come over and sort it out. Basically what I say goes. I will disqualify people at will if I think someone is playing "gay" or something along those lines... I'm trying to make this a stress-free tournament.

Anyway, I may make up rules on the spot, especially if I've had a few beers. I guess we won't know what will really happen until the day comes... expect Pictochat to eventually be on the neutral list.

Obviously, I'll have Brawl Singles and Doubles. I'm sure we'll have tons of time left over, though, so maybe Melee Singles, B+ singles, Soul Calibur I Singles or Kirby's Air Ride City Trial FFA (I'm not kidding) may make an appearance.

Oh yes, and THERE WILL BE CREWS

I'll cut the main tournament short if I have to, we'll be having Draft Crews (regional if a balanced # of people come)

[IV]. Additional/Venue Rules

- Pick up after yourselves please

- Deodorant PLEASE

- Let's keep the volume level respectable. It's outside, after all, and my property touches, like, five others.

- Bring your own controller (BYOC)

- Alcohol is encouraged! (BYOB)

[V] Housing?

Hopefully housing won't be needed... I can house you drunkards, however, and any rideless people. Niko might be able to as well (his house is always open LMAO).

[VI] Setups

I only think we'll be having three or four... with a straight-to-bracket tournament that starts early enough, it should be fine. I've got one, I need two more TVs and three more Wiis (4 preferably, mine sounds like lawnmower).

Let me know if you can supply anything.

[VII] Contact

Questions or comments? (Don't like STEAK?)

T-O-O-B-A-D

Kidding. PM me if you want something.

Minus and Illiad... you both had better make an appearance!

.decoy

Smash Ace
percon. just wins. all wins.
although i won't be there, going back to school.
still. great idea.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I was going to suggest a no entry fee tourney, but I didn't think anyone would host. Good stuff Percon.

Also ROFL at the I was with your mom comment, anyone who ever met you would just crack up laughing : P

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I might not come, I got a bunch of stuff to do that week, I will try my BEST though Max, this is definitely a great comeback.

The only problem with no entry fee is everyone will sandbag.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Yeah I have to try and make it to this for sure, I've hardly been to tournaments this Summer....so this is like a must for me.

Everything sounds good Percon.

Percon

Smash Lord
LMAO Mike... though it sucks that you can't make it. You will be missed.

Also, yeah, people might sandbag, but so what? This won't be counting towards the PR... and if everyone is having fun, nobody will care about people "sandbagging".

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
holy fukkn shiet its JL !_!_!_!_!......i dont have a ride to this and i might have to work saturday but ill see what i can do =/

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
max the fan expo brawl tourney is on the 30th now so this is good to go for the ppl going to fan expo tourney this will be good prac

Percon

Smash Lord
JL! Long time no see man. I hope you can make it.

Also, weather is looking iffy, if it rains hard we can move it inside to the basement. It's not as spacious, but we'll get a big TV as tradeoff.

On Friday I'm going to buy pop, snacks, and prizes for top3 (and beer). For actual dinner, though, I was thinking we could all pitch and order from Christina's (taco pizza or regular). Either we walk there as a group or just order the pizzas and bring it back to my place.

Percon

Smash Lord
So doors will probably open around 1:00-ish, doubles will start at 3:00-ish, singles at 4:00-ish. (speaking of 4:00, yes he'll be there) Then dinner, then crews/other events. That's the schedule I'm foreseeing.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Then I'm bringing the awesomeness of Smash 64 with me. Edit: Actually wait, do you even need setups? whats the TV situation like?

And 2 dozen donuts, possibly 3. Because its my last day at Timmies tomorrow and I like to have a Tim Card with lots of money on it.

Percon

Smash Lord
Then I'm bringing the awesomeness of Smash 64 with me. Edit: Actually wait, do you even need setups? whats the TV situation like?

And 2 dozen donuts, possibly 3. Because its my last day at Timmies tomorrow and I like to have a Tim Card with lots of money on it.
LMFAO I was about to joke with you that you should bring something from Timmy's... but now you actually are bringing stuff! :D I stopped working today too. Feels good, though I'll miss it.

I've currently got 2 TVs and 1 Wii to use; if anyone could bring just one more TV and two Wiis that'd be great... it's all we need.

Percon

Smash Lord
If people could confirm so I can go out and buy some snacks... that'd be nice

BTW I bought the prizes today :D

I also will have a nice consolation prize for a certain someone... if they come, that is

sauc3

Smash Lord
honestly me iliad and jaske are trying really hard to get a ride, i may be able to drive but cannot confirm anything, as soon as i know anything ill post

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Wondering if anyone can give me a ride back to my grandparent's whenever, they live at 67 linwell, 10 minutes away from the place.
I would walk except I don't really know St. Catherines. Anyone heading that direction on their way back?

P.S. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- forgot my bathing suit

LulBotz

Smash Rookie
All you guys suck at brawl.

get over it.

Anyone wanna challenge me?

Pm me/

I WOOP.

Nate knows what ima talking about'

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
^ Lol wtf who is that? Lmao

Anyways, fail attendance from Niagara. Hamilton/w.e owns. It was still fun for that short time I was there. Its cool to see a new person in the scene too.

Illiad, no diss was intended. I was just being honest, im cool wit that **** lmao.

NASIRFAIL/PYRNPUENNO? Thx for hosting Max.

Top Bottom