• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
What is so wrong with the order in which I put the moves.

I wasn't expecting this set to do very good since I abandoned it earlier and only threw together the rest of it, but since when does everything have to be in a certain order, and since when does every single attack have to have a name?

Seriously, guys?
I'm sorry for honestly critiquing the moveset....?

I said what I thought about it, you don't have to take it to heart. I was just making a few suggestions.

n88

Smash Lord
I referred to your organization as bizarre.

bizarre -
bi⋅zarre  /bɪˈzɑr/
–adjective
markedly unusual in appearance, style, or general character and often involving incongruous or unexpected elements; outrageously or whimsically strange

I think your moveset qualifies.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm sorry for honestly critiquing the moveset....?

I said what I thought about it, you don't have to take it to heart. I was just making a few suggestions.
Half of your "critique" was complaining that my organization was "random" and I didn't name my moves. I knew the moveset would do badly before I even posted it, but really?

n88, I apologize. You, I misunderstood.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Half of your "critique" was complaining that my organization was "random" and I didn't name my moves. I knew the moveset would do badly before I even posted it, but really?

n88, I apologize. You, I misunderstood.
Oh, I apologize. Do you want me to pick it apart even more like some of the others probably will in a few moments?

I'm sorry for calling it a critique, though; I'm no good at giving in-depth reviews. Nevertheless, I stand by what I said about the set, and if you don't appreciate it, that's fine with me.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Bald Bull

He doesn't speak english and he's angry, what's not to love? When you first said you were doing Bald Bull...without any props...I had my doubts (yes, I doubted the great Warlord)...but when you actually brought the set out, I was blown away by how good it actually turned out to be! Seriously, you managed to pull of a boxer with an actual wide variety of moves, I'm impressed.

Simply put, I'd put Bald Bull definitely above Luidcolo and Dingodile and probably above Envy as well. It's got that "less is more" approach that Sloth had but it doesn't quite go up to that level. Regardless, this set is a read for sure if you haven't already and one of Warlord's best.

@Darkurai/Clownbot: Cool it guys. And you do realize you're only killing your own reception by arguing on the page your moveset is on...?

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
If a character is susceptible to a move and gets owned by it, it makes sense to include it. Dedede has good match-ups against characters because of his chain grab- so what?
Aye, but having an infinite is not reason enough for a 0/100 matchup. Yes, it makes it highly disadvantageous, but does not make the character completely non-viable. For an infinite to occur, you DO have to get grabbed, and hard as this is to avoid against the penguin, it is still avoidable. Now if King Dedede were able to completely shut down most/all of Bald Bull's options using the different tools he was given, plus an infinite, I would respect the choice for the matchup much more. Instead, it just seems to scream "Hey, look! I'm not being cliche and worming my way out of D3's chaingrab this time!"

What is so wrong with the order in which I put the moves.

I wasn't expecting this set to do very good since I abandoned it earlier and only threw together the rest of it, but since when does everything have to be in a certain order, and since when does every single attack have to have a name?

Seriously, guys?
I don't think it's so much that there is a specific order moves have to be listed in (although there seems to be a generally accepted standard, that's not the same thing) as that they are organized in a manner that makes sense to the reader. Honestly, the only "issue" in that regard I see is that the placement of the grabs/throws does seem somewhat odd. This is perhaps due to grabs and throws being the least like any other kind of attack and it feels as if they are placed in between more closely-related moves. Move order also depends on certain moves' importance to the set; if most moves work off of a certain throw or tilt, or a certain aerial is the central focus of a playstyle, then the order is reorganized so that the most important moves (and the sections they belong in) come first.

As for all the moves being named, I would have to agree that it isn't a necessary thing. However, it certainly makes the moveset more interesting to read (I know this to be true for me, anyway. I won't presume to speak for others) and shows some admirable extra effort and creativity. In a way, naming each move can help to give the moveset its desired character.

Well, that's my two-cents, anyway. Take it for what you will.

Darkurai

Smash Master
@Darkurai/Clownbot: Cool it guys. And you do realize you're only killing your own reception by arguing on the page your moveset is on...?
I'd honestly be happier without criticism for this one. I know it's bad, I know why it's bad, etc., I just figured I might as well finish it off before I start my next one.

I also figured that now that I've played Metal Gear Solid for real, I could actually use it as practice to write a decent codec.

Speaking of which, here's a little hint for the next moveset.

If you think you've figured it out, you're probably wrong. My hints are very cryptic.

Agi

Smash Lord
<.< I leave for a week and MYM goes to heck...
We also have some movesets for me to leave half finished commentry on.

Thief: As C.Cannoli K.Rool says, there's only one way to make a moveset based on thievery, but you pulled off a thief with a surprisingly deep twist. Since I make nothing but movesets with rediculous special mechanics, I liked how pervasive the contract making was in the moveset.

But.. and this is going to sound contradictory...
I found that you leaned too much on the contracts themselves, and rather than trying to capture the Thief's ruthlessly self-serving character you just picked a trademark theme and ran with it for as long as you could.

You've already gotten a slap on the wrists for including Sakurai in the Down-Special, but the move itself is also painfully ill-defined. So you summon, Sakurai... does that mean you can move around while he's signing? Can Sakurai be interrupted? Is there a point in having a Special that's so situational, that it'll only see sporadic use on the largest stages?

But I found the dash attack to be super-awesome-special. It's simple ideas like that which make the best attacks.
My main point, I bolded... this is exactly how I make sets in the first place. While in most cases, it turns out well, Thief had simply too complex of a personality for me to fully realize it in a set. You'll notice how all my past sets have little to no personality in the first place...

Self-bashing aside, I'll also concede that the Down Special was probably his least-defined move... urgh. I'll just ignore it for now. No more Sundance fan-service for me.
Well, maybe the occasional extra.

Dash attack <3

Smady

Smash Master

Von Kaiser, a simple boxer who hails from Germany, stars in numerous Punch Outs!! games, usually being one of Little Mac's weaker opponents. His most well known appearances are probably made in the first Punch Out!! for the NES and the reboot of the franchise on the Wii, in which his personality is elaborated on. His Wii incarnation is the basis for much of this moveset, so I recommend watching both his minor circuit and title defence matches.

Starting notably in his promo before his first match, Von Kaiser displays great anger over a traumatic [yet hilarious] event where children beat him up. He beats his self up during the match and in his title defence does so even more ferociously before launching a massive punch at Little Mac. This aspect of Von Kaiser plays a large part in this moveset. Building up damage on Kaiser will affect the timing or power of some moves greatly, or change them altogether, making a fight with Von Kaiser similar to a boss fight or indeed one from Punch Out!!. If you really want to get into the mood of Von Kaiser's character, I recommend listening to his thematic fight music. This is also his victory theme.

Please keep in mind that in this moveset, white percents symbolise damage to Von Kaiser, red the damage on opponents and green the amount of damage healed.

STATISTICS

Size: Large & Brawny
Von Kaiser is muscular compared to an average human being and at six foot has a mass comparable to Captain Falcon standing, but slightly taller and wider because of his build; his size isn't too impressive when put into Smash proportions.

Weight:
Relatively Average
Weighing in at a rather minor one-hundred-and-forty-four pounds, Von Kaiser is neither too light nor heavy, but rather in-between. Therefore, he's rather comparable to characters like Wolf or Link.

Walking Speed:
Poor
Von Kaiser is always keeping his rallying of fists going in front of him, which requires some concentration. This is comparable to Little Mac's shuffling.

Running Speed:
Below Average
The pace that he rallies his punches is increased as Von Kaiser hops along at a speed comparable to King Dedede's dash.

Traction: Good
The precautious nature of his walking and running enables Von Kaiser control over his momentum and a near instant turn around at any time - so there is some good to it.

Power:
Variable
Upon spawning, Von Kaiser has pretty average power. One really wants to build up his damage to start knocking out opponents reliably.

Attack Speed: Fast
As a boxer, one relies on attack speed more than most. Kaiser can blast out a few very quick shots and recoil into his stance.

Range: Very Good
Some of Von Kaiser's moves have short range, others can go on much longer and this is all affected by his anger, making him a formidable opponent at any distance.

Priority:
Average
At high percents, Von Kaiser has extremely high priority, but otherwise it's nothing notable - just punches mainly, which aren't the most powerful weapon on Earth.

First Jump: Poor
A hop into the air. Boxers have no need to jump.

Second Jump: Below Average
A similar hop to the first jump, but slightly higher to offset the former's poor nature.

Fall Speed:
Fast
Due to muscle and generally large size, falling is not a floaty experience. Which is advantageous as Von Kaiser is no hawk when in the air.

Crawl, Wall Jump, Wall Cling, Hover, Glide, Crouch: No

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: Head Pound

Von Kaiser's masochistic nature comes into play, as he beats his head for a mild amount of damage to himself. There is some minor lag on the ends of this move so it can't be spammed. You may be asking yourself why damaging yourself is a move; this move is to increase damage without danger of getting killed by your opponent, advancing through Von Kaiser's anger moves manually. As you beat yourself up, your appearance changes, with your hair becoming messier and you gaining cartoon-y black eyes or bumps on your forehead if you use it over ten times - these effects do not carry over multiple stocks, however.

[4%]

[Change At 50%]

The poundings become more brutal and Von Kaiser displays angrier emotions in his facial expressions from this move onward. More than just bruising yourself, you start to pull out hair and gain comical bandages across your bumps. This makes for double the damage to one's self, but like with the previous move, all changes to Von Kaiser's appearance are reversed upon respawning.

[8%]

[Change At 100%]

The use of the move completely changes, as Von Kaiser loses it and furiously attacks forward with a powerful striking punch and a scream of "attack!" in German. Vaulting forward two stage builder blocks, the punching hand is a hitbox throughout, dealing high diagonal knockback that is capable of knocking enemies out at around the seventy-percent mark. If the punch is landed, not only will the opponent be dealt the knockback and damage, but Von Kaiser will be healed and his expression will have dimmed to one of focus, as he has at the beginning of a stock.
[16%]
[25%]

Of note as well is that this move only comes out once Kaiser has used the previous, second headpound at least once. If not, once at one-hundred-percent he will proceed with that move when the neutral special is performed, followed by the attack here. Also of note is that once the move has been performed - hitting or miss [which includes shielding or dodging the punch], Von Kaiser has to use the second headpound again before he can use the punch at one-hundred-percent.

Forward Special: Fake Out

Von Kaiser calls his opponents bluff, dodging from side to side with spotdodges, saying "I'm going to the left" or "I'm going to the right" whenever applicable. The input can be continuously held, with Von Kaiser dodging left and right constantly. If you remain in this animation for more than two seconds, Von Kaiser will gain an angry, cartoon symbol [as seen in the headers of this moveset], signifying that upon finishing the move, you will perform the Neutral Special. If held for five seconds, a bigger anger symbol will appear, signifying that Von Kaiser will perform the second form of the headpound, dealing eight-percent damage to himself. After seven seconds, however, he will be forced to exit the move, by performing the neutral special noted above.
[Variable]

After the first sidestep as seen in the above image, any enemies within one building block will be uppercutted, with a large enough hitbox to dissuade any dodging. This does high damage, but only sideward damage capable of throwing an opponent to the ledge. The best way to avoid this move may just be to shield when he initiates it, forcing him to hit your shield and then counter-attack.
[10%]

Downward Special:
Rallying The Troops

Von Kaiser starts to jog on the spot as seen in the above image, jogging his arms up and down slightly slower than in his normal stance. He first laughs, then, if the input is held, proceeds onward to insult his opponents in German with comments like, "This is no tea party" or, "your time has come," before ending the sequence with "keep fighting!". For every comment made, an amount of percentage is healed, but Von Kaiser is vulnerable for the entirety of the move and each quote must be finished before he can exit, with each quote taking a second approximately to say.
[4%]

[Change At 50%]

The jogging of the arms becomes much faster - more so than in his normal stance and although the same quotes are said, they are in quick succession and said in a far fiercer tone than before. Using this move does not heal Von Kaiser, but it acts as a gateway to another move. After one second in this stance, the rooster jab is enabled - once the input is released, Kaiser will perform it before returning to normal. Like with his Forward Special, though, an anger symbol will appear on his forehead eventually - after four seconds, the rooster jab is replaced by the first headpound and a visual cue [the aforementioned anger symbol seen in the headers of this moveset]. After six seconds, Von Kaiser is forced out of the move and into performing the first headpound.
[6%] [4%]

Upward Special:
Shoryuken
As Von Kaiser isn't exactly noted for his acrobatics in the air, it's no surprise that his recovery is slightly out-of-character. Uppercutting three stage builder blocks vertically into the air, Kaiser carries any enemies along with him, hitting them a maximum of three times for the same damage each time if caught at the very start of the move. The knockback is either at the end of the move with the last hit, or whenever the opponent falls out of reach - enough to knock out starting at one-hundred-fifty-percent, so nothing spectacular.

What makes this a non-dreadful recovery is that Von Kaiser's fall speed is reduced by a factor of three and his aerial manoeuvrability is increased by a factor of three, as he enters a free fall where he spins in the air due to the momentum of his shoryuken punch.
[6%]

If any solid platforms are hit during his ascent, Von Kaiser will be dealt minor self-damage and free fall back down in his normal fashion.
[4%]
AERIALS

Neutral Air: German Machine
Referencing his quotes between round, Von Kaiser says, "you, windmill!" in German, before winding his arms around his head in a rotating fashion, facing sideward towards the screen. Though there is some minor damage and flinching knockback, the main use of this move is enabling super armour for Von Kaiser as he is airborne, as he isn't the most well-adapted to flying. This move lasts for two seconds.

[4%]

[Change At 50%]

A simple change here is that Von Kaiser simply starts to rotate his arms around much faster, almost comically. His expression changes from that of confidence to irritation - gritting his teeth with his eyes shut and he states "I am a fighting machine!" in German rather than his previous quote. Opponents hit by this experience high knockback and slightly higher damage too, but Von Kaiser is no longer invulnerable during the move. A new perk is, however, that it gives him slight lenience in the air - he floats slightly faster in the direction he is swinging his arms, making this move a part of his expanded recovery.

[6%]

Forward Air:
Flying Upperthrust

A variation of Von Kaiser's uppercut. The upperthrust operates largely in the same way - upon pressing, the entire body of Kaiser flashes red for one instant, before he rips through the air with the upperthrust. By far his most reliable, straightforward air move, it is able to knock out enemies starting at one-hundred-percent and does above average damage. The build-up or charge takes one-and-a-half-seconds approximately, meaning it's possible for Von Kaiser to hit the ground before the move finishes, at which point he will remain standing and it operates largely in the same way as it did in the air.
[10%]

Backward Air:
Bad Memories

Remembering his traumatic experience - being beaten up by children, Von Kaiser grabs his stomach and recoils in agony of that punch displayed in the above image. His back and shoulders, which become arched, act as a hitbox here, simply dealing flinching knockback and low damage. Due to the stress, Kaiser takes mild damage himself. This move has only a few purposes, but mainly is useful when dissuading those attacking you from behind, because of the relatively high vertical range it has compared to most Back Airs.

[6%] [2%]

Downward Air:
Suicide Bomber
Taking another turn for the masochistic, Von Kaiser dives downward with his fists punching in that direction while screaming incoherently, travelling around two stage builder blocks before proceeding into a free fall. Foes receive damage if hit and Kaiser will use them as a toadstool, but also, he receives damage if he does not hit an opponent and also hits the stage or any solid ground after his dive - landing flat on his face. This also forces him into an animation similar to Luigi's when he missiles into the side of a stage, Von Kaiser becoming momentarily dizzy. Knockback dealt by this move is downward, but an enemy would need to be low off the stage or have a high percentage to be gimped by the move.

[12%]
[10%]

Upward Air:
Straight As An Arrow

Von Kaiser's expression turns serious, as his body becomes a straight hitbox. He brings his arms to his sides and strikes a pose similar to the one shown above, with his momentum preset; Von Kaiser shoots up a building block into the air before veering off forward a little bit, then returning to his normal stance. Due to the leaning forward in the air and the little vertical recovery it gives, this move is not that useful beyond being an upward attack. The rate at which you fall does increase after this move, so that could be used to surprise your foe, but likely not more than once. Knockback is mild enough to only knock an opponent out if at the top of a stage, but the knockback from the leaning stage of the move can be used as a gimp on victims with very weak recoveries such as Link or Ganondorf.
[10%]

If used beneath a solid platform, the move takes on an entirely new light entirely - Von Kaiser starts to comically try pulling his head out, kicking wildly below him. The damage from his legs is mild, its knockback mild but the type of knockback is sweeping - tripping foes and pushing them back. This makes for a possible ledge guard when there are platforms near ends of the stage. After a few seconds of squabbling, though, Von Kaiser eventually pulls himself out.
[5%] [4%]
TILTS

Neutral A: Stoß, Stoß, Kasper
A quick combination of two jabs and a straight punch, all dealing the same damage and the punch delivering only flinching knockback. This is one of Von Kaiser's fastest moves, although perhaps not the best at close range. Mainly, this move should be used to avoid deterioration of Von Kaiser's more useful moves, or to initiate a combo of numerous moves. Its use as a breaker in some animated moves is not too advantageous considering its short range, but it's relatively low risk.

[4%]

[Change At 50%]

With the percent reached, Von Kaiser attacks his foe's naivety once more. In a similar animation as the previous, Kaiser jabs and punches the air, in the one-one-two succession - around half as fast, with Von Kaiser huffing and puffing on the spot. However, these punches do no damage or knockback to an opponent - for every succession of the jab, jab punch, Von Kaiser is healed a set amount and as long as the Neutral A input is being pressed continuously, this will continue until interrupted. One successions of jabs and a punch takes about two seconds.

[3%]

Dash Attack: Overhead Slap
Inspired by the Mongolian Chop, Von Kaiser tries his glove at slapping away his opponent by leaping one building block forward whilst bring his foreground arm quickly overhead, with mixed results depending on where they are on the screen. When hitting airborne enemies, it brings them down to their floored state on the ground. With the same damage, hitting enemies on the ground already either has middling or high knockback capable of knocking out at one-hundred-ten-percent. This killing sweetspot is located on the very tip of Von Kaiser's attack, at the tip of the last possible hit. It's not an especially interesting move, but it helps to at least challenge enemies in the air - somewhere Kaiser probably doesn't want them to be.

[10%]

Downward Tilt: Collapse

In a moment of confusion, Von Kaiser collapses as he does when knocked over in Punch Out!! - but not knocked out. This is all a ploy, though, as Kaiser can immediately ascend to his feet and receives a sum of health back for every second spent on the floor in this form. It's not as easy as it would seem to hit him like this - most projectiles will go over him with his body flat like this, plus he can simply roll away or use his getting up attack to interrupt any attacks. At its best, this move is used when the opponent is at a distance or is respawning.

[2%]

[Changes At 100%]

This move is one of only a couple of one-hundred-percent moves and for good reason - it's extremely high risk - high reward. As with the above version, Von Kaiser collapses, except that this time, his back (as he falls) and feet as they come down do small damage. Unlike in the image, there is no 'TKO...' at least to begin with.
[6%]

When Kaiser starts to fall - which takes about one second - he is vulnerable, but once on the floor he becomes immune to damage or knockback. Once this happens, a counter appears over Von Kaiser's icon, counting from one upwards. The time is slightly sped up, meaning that the count of two passes in one second and so on. For every "second" spent in this state, Kaiser heals two-percent. The trick to this move is, however, that to get back up, you have to button mash as much as you would have to if in a grab, with percentage taken into account. If the counter gets to ten and you aren't up, Kaiser's icon will then read 'TKO' and he will yelp 'Mummy!' before disappearing from the stage to respawn.
[2%]

Upward Tilt:
Hide Und Seek

Raising his gloves to guard his head, Von Kaiser is impenetrable in this state, stating "where are you?" in German as he enters it, giving a cue to the opponent to stay away. All damage received in this form is detracted from his percentage. He is rendered immobile, however and upon passing one-and-a-half-seconds in the stance, he pops his head out from his gloves and whimsically says, "mummy?". When he pops his head out, he is vulnerable to attacks for the next half-second before getting back into his normal stance once more.
[Variable]

[Changes At 50%]

As in his Punch Out title defence, Von Kaiser starts to take advantage of his opponent's naivety. After fifty-percent, he stops poking his head from his gloves and rather remains in his blocking stance. As long as he stays like this, he will regain health every second and still receives health from whatever damage is dealt to him in this time. The trick to throwing him out of this stance is to attack him from behind, as there he is vulnerable. Von Kaiser can, however, punch out of this stance with his Neutral A.

[2%]

Forward Tilt:
Rooster Jab

Von Kaiser says "cuckoo" in English and flashes red for an instant. The highly telegraphed nature of this move is the precursor for how effective it is, as Von Kaiser then jabs forward hitting any non-shielding or dodging opponents within a stage builder block. If hit, they are sent into their dizzy animation, as if their shield had broken - but with half the stun time. From here, you can proceed to do any move you want.
[6%]

[Changes At 50%]

As his anger persists, a cartoon like frustration symbol [demonstrated in the headers of this moveset] appears in red over Von Kaiser's forehead. He says "cuckoo?" in a very strained and high tone. For this first second of the move, he is vulnerable. After this, Von Kaiser screams incoherently and starts to madly jab and punch around him, with a vacuum effect that pulls in enemies within one-and-a-half stage builder blocks. For two seconds, he will remain in this animation. If he does pull an enemy in, he specifically starts punching and jabbing them crazily, ending with a shotgun uppercut (his upward smash), delivering knockback that knocks out at eighty-percent and high damage.
[12%]

If Von Kaiser does not pull an enemy in, however, the animation ends with him punching himself in the face accidentally, leaving him [ironically] temporarily dazed.

[5%]
THROWS

Grab: Groggy
Von Kaiser grabs out with both gloves in a weak manner, almost like a beckoning gesture with his arms. If connecting, the opponent is caught in a clenching hold. This is essentially where the offensive boxer grabs his opponent from both sides to disable his arms - except here, not so much fighting back from the victim at all. As is their use in boxing to calm down a heated assault, Van Kaiser is healed for every second spent grabbing like this, including the pummel, but not the throws.
[2%]

Boxing - jabs to the stomach from the clenching position, also inspires the pummel. They always come from the glove in the background of the grab and do average damage.
[3%]

Forward Throw:
German Suplex

Rarely breaking character in Smash, Kaiser makes an exception here for his forward throw, where he emulates a German suplex (a wrestling move). The animation of the move first sees him grab the opponent tighter, then move around them so he's holding them from behind. After that, he grips them from the stomach and pulls them overhead, landing them on their head or shell or whatever is highest on their bodies. This results in them laying on the floor, with average damage for a forward throw.

[12%]

Backwards Throw: German Precision
Von Kaiser again decides to make some distance for himself, grabbing his opponent and flinging him across the stage behind him with his boxing gloves. This deals no damage, but can be followed up on - by pressing your Neutral A input, you send Von Kaiser rushing off with a straight, running punch in the direction he throws his adversary. Timing it right can be tricky, but the pain off is probably worth it if you don't want to keep your enemy at a distance. There's no air dodging for your foe, so it's all you, Kaiser Säugling!
[16%]

Downward Throw:
Distancing Oneself
Von Kaiser takes this opportunity to create space between he and his opponent. He uses his gloves to push them away while taking steps back, readying his gloves cautiously. This creates a distance of around three stage builder blocks, but the victim has a slight bit more lag on the end of this move than Kaiser, meaning something like a cheap taunt can be accomplished before he can be punished. Damage is minor and you're just as liable to kill yourself with this move as any opponent, so best use it somewhere safe.

[6%]

Upward Throw: Volleying Punches
As distance is gained and thus an advantage already taken from the upward throw's notable vertical knockback, Von Kaiser can just have some fun. He backs away from his clenching position and quickly gets a volley of five punches on his opponent, saying in line with them, "eins, zwei, drei, veer, funf!". After this procession, he yells out, "for Germany!", launching the victim into the air with an upwards thrusting haymaker. Just as the enemy takes off, he ends the move by saying, "Aha, failure!", a quote from his Wii appearance.

[12%]

SMASHES

Upward Smash: Shotgun Uppercut
Von Kaiser unleashes a close-ranged uppercut. This move has high knock out patency - killing at eighty-percent with full charge - hitting only those within an Olimar. The charge time is only a couple of seconds, so given the high damage and knockback it does have some redeeming features.

[14-20%]

[Changes At 50%]

Taking a page out of Mr. Sandman's book, Kaiser's anger transcends logic. After a half-second appearance of the anger symbol [as seen in my headers in this moveset] and an extremely angered expression on Von Kaiser, he immediately uppercuts. This change has twice the range as its previous incarnation.

However, this first move does only a small amount of damage - any enemy hit is then brought to in front of Von Kaiser. From here is where the charge comes into play - the victim is stunned enough that they can only perform one dodge from the time they are in front of Von Kaiser, who can only charge a maximum of three seconds. During these three seconds - or the very end, either Von Kaiser w
ill hit them with the two remaining punches [the first enables the second], or the foe will dodge in time. If they do dodge, Von Kaiser spins around and is dizzied momentarily, enough for a counterattack. The two hits - which come in an unavoidable succession deal knockback capable of killing at seventy-percent.
[5%] [20%]

Forward Smash:
Massive Uppercut

A simple, chargeable uppercut that mirrors the Forward Special, aiding that move in becoming a bit of a decoy. The damage is high, the knockback is high (kills at one-hundred-percent), the charge is only a few seconds - this is your typical haymaker. Note that the repetition is present in Von Kaiser's Punch Out!! Wii rendition, hence the point of the Fake Out altogether.
[16-20%]

[Changes At 50%]

At fifty-percent, this move becomes more interesting. While flashing red, the player can now halt the move in place by pressing the Special input, as seen in the GIF. From here, you can charge the move, marked by Von Kaiser simply returning to normal stance after a few seconds of 'staying red,' but any hits against you will halt any charge you had. Whenever the Forward Smash is used again, Von Kaiser will immediately uppercut as his body becomes reddened, with slightly higher damage than before and knockback, killing at ninety-percent. The speed enabled by this change makes it one of Von Kaiser's best moves for knocking out enemies.
[22%]

Downward Smash: Ground Pound

A common feature of many a Punch Out!! boxer's repertoire, strangely absent from Kaiser's. Anyhow, he uses this move anyway because of how simplistic it is - if he can knock off half of Little Mac's health with a single downward strike, there's no reason he can't do this. The move is basic; charging time is when Sandman is flashing red in the image and lasts for up to three seconds. The range is very close so it is difficult to get a charge strike off, this move is useful mainly in free-for-alls for team games. At maximum charge, Von Kaiser punches his foe into the ground as seen in past Smash Bros. games, with all the perks, but this is again a rarity as the range is so slight and the charge time so long.

[18-24%]

[Changes At 50%]

The move evolves entirely: Kaiser immediately flashes red and his entire body is visibly strained, a comical vein pulsating on his forehead as he holds his entire body back in preparation for what is to come. From this point, releasing at any time will send the foe underground and also at an extended range as Von Kaiser uses the width of his whole body to strike, comparable to his Neutral Special. The charge times is five seconds, with a special twist for those who charge the entire way - if you hit an opponent with the full charge of this move when they're at one-hundred-twenty-percent or more, they will be pushed through non-solid platforms with very high knockback [likely to their doom].

What's more, on solid platform, it's an instant knock out as the foe is completely buried underground, with a tongue-in-cheek edit to the usual 'GAME,' as if this does win the game, the screen instead reads 'TKO' with the referee from Punch Out!! Wii announcing this in his usual fashion.

[20-26%]

FINAL SMASH

Seeing as most of Von Kaiser's moves shown in the ring were exhausted in this moveset already, I see no reason to have the exact same final smash as Little Mac. No, rather than facing off against his opponent in a normal ring under regular conditions, initiating Kaiser's final smash does something entirely cooler. If any characters are within a stage builder block of Kaiser upon the activation of his final smash, it proceeds.

Rather than enter a boxing ring, you enter Von Kaiser's traumatised mind! Within, all characters are first turned into child-sized versions of themselves [courtesy of the poison mushroom], at which point, in a mini-cinematic, Kaiser looks down and snarls at them, before growing to an enormous size! At this point, he is no longer Von Kaiser the German boxer, he is Von Kaiser, the GREAT CHILD-KILLING DRAGON CHIMERA!

Didn't see that one coming, did you?

After the cinematic, we return to the game and indeed, the match is playing out in a very wacky walk off stage that features some surreal art in the background, symbolising Von Kaiser's traumatic experiences in life; poor guy, but now is time for revenge! The Kaiser player moves around the stage tentatively, now taking Bowser speed steps and abandoning his stance to walk with his hands by his sides. His German accent is replaced by Godzilla like grunting and squawking. Walking near the tiny enemies doesn't hurt them, Kaiser has a few new moves that he uses exclusively in this form, although they can't be used ad hominem like in the picture - only one at a time! The final smash lasts for fifteen seconds or until or opponents are knocked out, returning players to the stage. Von Kaiser is invincible during this entire final smash.

Tilts Or Smash Input: Laser Eyes
Von Kaiser shoots lasers from both his eyes. These lasers last for two seconds after being activated and can be directed anywhere on the screen with the controls. They can stun players into hitting constantly, as do most other beam attacks of such power in Brawl and for every half-second spent in this hitbox, the foe receives a set amount of damage [times two if both are hitting them]. Once the laser eyes are stopped by either their time limit, the end of the final smash or simply moving them as Kaiser, they deal high knockback to whomever they were hitting before

[2%]

Special Input: Fire Ring
Dropping a ring of fire around his body from above like stalactites, Von Kaiser damaging those who come near him. The ring lasts for five seconds before having to be activated again, but can be used in conjunction with either the dolls or laser eyes. All those caught in the fire will be dealt flinching knockback that eventually drives them out of it, dealing damage per second spent consumed in the fire.

[4%]

Dodge Input: Von Kaiser Dolls
Miniature versions of Von Kaiser in his original NES Punch Out!! game - sprites and all - ascend from the bottom of the stage and fight with his moveset. Up to three can be summoned at a time - one for each opponent and they have thirty stamina each, making for some tough opponents. While the dolls are out, Kaiser cannot use his laser eyes or visa versa.

PLAYSTYLE

The all important playstyle of Von Kaiser. What you mainly want to be attentive of when playing as Kaiser is indeed his percentage, as when he hits that fifty-percent mark, much of his moveset completely changes. In fact, you could easily split his playstyle into two – before and after fifty-percent. Playing as Kaiser is very periodic.

At first in a match, you’ll want to start by racking damage with some of your sub-fifty-percent moves. This is a weak point of Von Kaiser, as most of his moves are either to knock out a foe or heal himself or initiate damage on himself secondarily – therein lies his biggest flaw, he’s a bad starter. Generally, though, you can use some moves unsparingly to rack damage – all of his throws, his dash attack and his Neutral Air are examples of decent damage rackers that don’t have any specific affect.

Depending on if you succeed in racking damage or not, you’ll want to either step it up or use heal moves to remain in the pre-fifty region. If you do need to heal up to keep from going over, you need to have a wit about you. If you simply jump into moves like his Down Special and Down Tilt, you’ll find yourself on the bad end of a pounding. What you need at this point is spacing – an area Von Kaiser excels in. Most of his throws are good spacers and he has moves that dissuade approach like his uppercut. You can always mix things up with a Fake Out here and there as well, to keep opponents guessing.

Once you’re satisfied with your enemy’s damage, you’ll probably want to build up your own damage to above fifty-percent to enable his stronger knock out moves. At this point, Von Kaiser’s moveset changes drastically and the unprepared will be caught off guard at first. Most of his changed moves are far riskier and operate with entirely new niches, learning how to control them better than your opponent is key here. His Up Smash, Forward Smash and Forward Tilt are great moves for knocking out all by themselves…

A big part of Von Kaiser’s moveset, however, comes from his similar moves or ones that change slyly on the fifty-percent mark. These are light surprises and may be picked up on by an opponent if used too much in too short a time, but moves like Kaiser’s Downward Special, Forward Special, Upward Tilt and Forward Smash all provide an element of shock the first time around and perhaps onwards.

Knocking out on the ground is definitely Von Kaiser’s strong point, so keep your opponents grounded as much as possible with moves like his Dash Attack and Up Air, although even then, he isn’t that good at grounding them. Nonetheless, if cornered in the air, a use of the Back Air or Forward Air could work, but are highly situational. It’s best you avoid the air altogether.

One of Von Kaiser’s biggest problem is also long range projectiles. Campers or projectile abusers aren’t completely advantageous, as Von Kaiser has plenty of surprise healing moves that can be used such as his Down Tilt and Upward Tilt [pre-fifty], forcing foes like that to approach. Still, he is by far strongest at close-range and on the ground, so characters who are in the air a lot and / or have projectiles really do a number on him.

On a last note, his desperation moves at one-hundred-percent are his highest risk moves, though their rewards are great. His Neutral Special may be an extremely strong knock out move, but there are better – if you’re so desperate for the massive heal, make sure not to miss, as you’ll have another eight-percent on you before you can use it again. Same with the Down Tilt – if you time it badly, you’ll lose the stock, period.

VS. Mario: 60:40 Von Kaiser
Mario's FLUDD plays the largest part in his match-up with Von Kaiser - keeping space between them in relative speed is important, but aside from that, Mario's cape is the only other decent attack that would counter VK's playstyle. His fireballs are limited in range and not as useful as, say, the laser pistols of the space animals either.

VS. Lucas: 80:20 Lucas
An interesting match-up. Lucas is so low on the tier list, but his use of projectiles is so masterful that it makes VK blunder all over the screen. He also has a very versatile air game and is very fast. What makes this one not a complete dominatrix is that Lucas is light and susceptive to many of Kaiser's KO moves.

VS. Metaknight: 75:25 Metaknight
It's not exactly fair, but Metaknight has some extremely strong moves that bring him all over the screen. He's fast, has an amazing recover and great KO potential, so he's the everyone counter. VK is no exception, but he handles slightly better than most. Metaknight mostly fights close range so can be peddled rarely, his speed and priority is, however, too much for even a close-range expert like VK. He can also just tornado through all of Von Kaiser's trick moves like they're nothing.

VS. Falco: 70:30 Falco
Falco's lasers are the real clincher here - they flinch and they are infinitely ranged. His reflector is also a very good projectile to use against VK. When it comes to close-quarters, Kaiser has the slight upperhand, but Falco also has a very fast air game and along with projectiles, can shut down any move - trick or change within moments if played at his best.

VS. King Dedede: 50/50
King Dedede has some amazingly strong moves like Von Kaiser, but he also has the great air game which we know trumps Kaiser. What makes this even is that King Dedede is so slow and is such a big target, he's prime for many of VK's best KO moves. Unlike Bald Bull, King Dedede has an extremely diverse air game and lots of power, but KOing Von Kaiser would prove problematic for him with preparation time that that lag causes in VK's favour.

VS. Bald Bull: 65/35 Von Kaiser
While Bald Bull is all offense or defence, Von Kaiser can play him like a fool with his DTilt and seeing as Bull's prerogative at times is to rack damage, that problem is out of the way. Put simply, Von Kaiser is a close-range fighter, Bald Bull is more well-rounded, but forces a close-range approach with moves like his turkey dance or rush moves. Bull's saving grace in this match-up is his diverse air game, which trumps Von Kaiser's in most every way.

VS. Little Mac: 50/50
As with Bald Bull, Little Mac often forces a closer approach with his attacks, but also has projectiles to back it up. His weights, his glove - all his props or projectiles are a serious headache for Von Kaiser. Little Mac is also a lot faster than VK in practically every way, being able to run circles around the German steel machine. This is balanced out, however, by Kaiser's insane KOing power. So it's a stalemate. Wonderful.

VS. Thrall: 60/40 Von Kaiser
Von Kaiser has the advantage immediately in his laggy, but powerful moves that can destroy buildings that Thrall builds or his units very quickly. Thrall himself isn't too much of a threat against Kaiser - although he does have some projectiles, they are predictable. An advantage of Thrall is that he can indeed surround Von Kaiser or occupy him from below and strike from above using his many acolytes, so it's not completely one-sided.

VS. Pennywise: 90:10 Von Kaiser
Pennywise, the adorable patriarch of evil. His props are, unlike projectiles, not as useful against VK. His spacing usually has him approach, which is advantageous to Von Kaiser. He also has a mediocre air game, so that's none too good. The biggest disadvantage for Pennywise, though, and why he is an interesting match-up is his mechanic. By having to get Kaiser up to one-hundred-percent, with VK's heal moves, trick moves and advantage in gaining fifty / one-hundred-percent, Pennywise is highly screwed.

VS. Dingodile: 75:25 Dingodile
With as many long-range and continuous projectiles as Dingodile, he proves a real nightmare against Kaiser. His crystals alone are difficult as VK handles in mostly highly damaging, laggier moves. His slowness in the air also hampers his ability to get over the crystals and his above average size is none too helpful either. He can demolish crystals relatively easy with some time and knock out Dingodile whenever close, but this is definitely a difficult match-up for Kaiser.

EXTRAS

Taunts
For his Up Taunt, Kaiser salutes the screen. In his side special, he takes out a cloth and starts to shine his shoe, while laughing to himself. His down taunt has him pointing at himself vigorously, saying in German, "Me: German Precision!".

Poses
For his victory poses, his first is simply him performing his Up Taunt at the screen. His second is him performing his Neutral Air and saying "You: Windmill!" in German before settling down, but appearing visibly tired. His last victory pose is him sat on his between-round bench, stating, "This is a battlefield, not a tea party!" in German. His entrance pose is simply him, seemingly surprised to appear on stage and blinking / rubbing his eyes in confusion [similar to his entrance in Punch Out!! Wii].

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
@Sukapon: Congratulations, Wizzerd! You have effectively made a moveset that can make Brawl Captain Falcon look like Meta-Knight. Please, next time you make a set, realize that having an attack that takes four seconds to execute is no good. Your neutral attack is absolute trash, considering that nearly every NAir in the game would go through it, and undeniably every projectile would. Your forward smash is essentially a laggy, predictable move, and with a high amount of lag, it would be impossible to combo with this, sorry. Try cutting your lag in half and making this move actually worth using.

I'm going to assume that your up smash may actually be a useful move, due to the fact that you didn't list any amount of lag for it. Though, if I were to judge by your set so far, it should have about two seconds of start-up and ending lag, invalidating its usefulness (like every attack except the specials!). Your down smash is also good, but I'd assume if you had taken the care to mention its lag, you would've given it a few seconds on each end.

The neutral air is a good idea, and doesn't suffer from the terrible lag that most of your moves seem to, but its trash because it lasts until you hit the ground. That's pretty much asking for every character to BAir camp you until they hit you due to range. The forward air is the first move that I don't have any complaints with since the specials. Nice! Back air is good (still no lag mentions, so we'll also go ahead and mark this one up to two seconds on each end), up air is good... but now you're talking about combos? I'm... I'm confused. I wasn't even aware there was another move that hit upwards in your set! Your down air is pretty much asking for the opponent to come and hit you with their highest priority aerial, so I'd say buff the priority on that move to make it actually useful.

And... how exactly does your forward throw work? During grab release animations, you can't attack until, well, the animation is over. That's hardly fair. Unless the instant is supposed to mean some measure of time, in which case I'm incredibly confused as to what exactly an instant is The rest of the throws I won't comment on, because they're not bad... just useless.

Well, I've said what I had to say. Sukapon has about three cool ideas and entirely to much lag. Also, he's not a combo character. Don't be stupid and say he is, because his moves simply weren't made to mesh together. Skyler was definitely heated, but I made **** sure that his moves meshed - Sukapon just feels like generic attacks with too much lag with some text that says "If I say I'm a combo character, I'm a combo character, right?"

Such a shame, too. I was looking forward to this set only to see that it was attempting to be something it wasn't.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, your down special and your forward special are also pretty much useless. Five seconds of going at the speed of Mario's dash at a minimum pretty much means suicide on any stage except Elden Bridge.
I can’t believe I didn’t see all of this, and this largely changed my opinion of the set. I was already feeling my commentary on Sukapon was much too positive, and this pretty much nailed that into my mind. I don’t know how I looked this over. It’s not so much that Sukapon is underpowered seeing one can just change a couple values and he’d be fixed, but I find it disturbing that you contradict your actual moves in your playstyle description and what-not so heavily.

@Bald Bull: I'll read later today.
Whatever happened to that again?

Bald Bull: Another heaviweight from MasterWarlord! I was convinced that originality was impossible for Punch Out boxers, but you've certainly changed my mind. Bald Bull is an excellent set which manages to be unique without getting out of character (A hard task for a character who is supposed to be simplistic). I think Bald Bull may rival Sloth for your best set MYM6 set.
I honestly was surprised how much I squeezed out of the guy myself, though I perhaps went too far in some cases (Both the utilt and usmash being grabs), as Rool said it could use some more, y’know, actual punching. Anyway, glad ya liked it. Up special is the only thing I really don’t like, but recovery for these guys is absolutely impossible.

Bald Bull is bursting with creativity. I haven't played Punch Out at all ever, but it seems like you've taken everything Bald Bull's done before, which is great (not Pokemon syndrome since the vast majority of the moves are original), and all of the moves do so much for Bald Bull as a character: they fit him as a character, they are very original without being ridiculous like traps or something (How can Bald Bull use traps at all?), they add to his playstyle (which is great, an excellent spin on the traditional heaviweight). Hell, they even sound like attacks Bald Bull would use as a boxer in Punch Out!
No kidding. . .I took pretty much everything the guy did in his cutscenes in the Wii game and turned it into a move. And it worked out surprisingly well. Much better then I thought it’d be, and it gave me pictures for half the moves to boot. Anyway, glad ya liked it so much, and yes, the point of these boxing movesets is to have no traps or props.

Still, I have a concern. It's a minor one but it's still noticable. With Bald Bull you seem to be trying to minimize the work you have to do. Of course everybody does this in every moveset and it's somewhat forgivable because of how difficult it is to make a set for a Punch Out character, but it gets a little obvious at points.

What I mean by this is that you're reusing move names and attacks a bit too much. For example, many of the move names are reused. Bull Charge is a move title that you've used multiple times already as K.Rool and Illidan's Dash Attack. Low Blow is from (MYM5) Envy. Bucking Bronco was Illidan's Rising Attack... Of course, the move titles can be somewhat irritating but they're nowhere near as important as the moves behind them. Standard Attack is a direct clone of DK's Neutral Special. Dash Attack is another keep-dashing move. Low Blow works very similar to how it did with Envy... see what I mean? You put different spins on most of them, but it's certainly something I can do without.
I made Bald Bull in one and a half days. It’s the briefest period of time in which I’ve made a moveset ever. It feels rushed because it is. I was trying to break my record with this one.

Originally he also had Sloth’s uthrow as his bthrow (Which actually did fit very snugly into his playstyle, but I swapped it out upon GoldWyvern showing me a video of that Arm Wrestling game because I didn’t want to steal yet another move), and to make the neutral A worse Envy also had DK’s neutral A. The move names I really didn’t care about, and I’d rather just forget Illidan altogether.

Also, Bald Bull has far more recovery than you give him credit for. His Up Special covers a decent distance and gimpability =/= automatically bad recovery, as you mentioned in your Hades review. His Side Special is also a very viable horizontal recovery move. You say in the stats that you shouldn't waste a KO move but there's no shortage of those.
Well, his side special can be worked up into –THE- KO move, no effort required. It can be all powerful with no effort to land it, no lag, superarmor. . .Would you really prefer to use fsmash or dsmash over that?

Are all of these a big deal? No! They're mainly just nitpicks. Bald Bull truly is the quintessential Warlord set, with perfect detail, great readability and awesome playstyle. This was a great read, and one of my favorite sets in the contest.
Again, thanks for the praise! Bull turned out a lot better then I thought he would when I first started him.

EDIT: Harsh, Ocon... You're pretty much assuming that everything has lag on it when it doesn't. If I don't mention lag, it means that it's not a significant factor, and that the move has average lag for Sukapon. Did you care to recognize his good attack speed stat in the statistics?
I’m not terribly fond about your little argument devouring my page, but I do agree that Ocon –was- too harsh.

Bald Bull: Makes me want to make a completely different moveset for Bear Hugger in Make Your Move 7. But before I say anything else, I think the pictures for the forward smash seem kinda piled up when it could just use two.

Smeh. I didn’t worry about excessive pictures considering I shrunk them all to nice sizes. Anyway, I’m glad you’re seeing the point of these sets – Punch Out characters shouldn’t rely on props or anything of the sort.

Rage mechanic was nicely added and put into a good amount of the attacks, and really did match Bald Bull personality. I should know, it took me about twenty tries to beat him in title defense. His forward Ariel was a surprise because I thought that move would have been used as a special then an air attack.
Heh heh, Bull on Title Defense was also my hardest match, hence why I put a bit of emphasis on that in the start of the set. After taking him down, Macho Man and Sandman were pushovers. . .Especially considering Sandman was easier then in his normal form, what with more chances for stars and what-not. That was somewhat of a let down.

And I went off topic. Yeah, fair/bair was one of the first move concepts I had. I didn’t see it working as a special too well. . .Then again perhaps that could’ve replaced that recovery which I hate so much. . .

It was very creative seeing it was from Punch Out, but the standard A looks very uncreative, and some what lazy. Seeing it as a clone of DK's neutral special was disappointing.
Terribly sorry not every move is a super original move and that he actually punches.

The recovery is a lot better then you make it out to be, but it still isn't that great.
I’m getting the feeling you’re copypastaing Wizzerd’s commentary.

The main problem I had with this moveset is that you are having a boxer grabbing his opponent. But then again I really don't see a way Bald Bull can have a grab like well grab.
You made the Bear Hugger, I’d think you know the boxers in Punch Out are perfectly happy to grab their opponents.

All just small things but still a fun set to read.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Bald Bull. Upon checking the special, I noticed a typing error in the D-Specials that said "The first thing you'll notice about this attack is that despite the lag, it's very spammable despite the lag.", I think using despite the lag twice was a typo, I assume? Up Smash needs to say "The ending lag isn't pretty if whiffed" not "there's". The typo is nothing really. Just poking at the spelling errors here and there. I though there was one in the F-Smash but it's ok.
Though it is true that this set is creative and original for a guy who just does punching.
Thank you for your grammatical pointers, teacher. I hope I won’t fail your class next time.

Chapter 1 is complete in my SM:
Falsehood Path
After all, you’re clearly the expert.

Bald Bull: The moveset was great, as you can read from the other comments. Rage with the Side Special was fairly interesting. I won't be commenting on that, as I have something else, something subtle, to talk about.
Good to see you think it’s good. . .

Really, it's like you're calling out, "Hey, look everyone! I'm not unoriginal. That means I thought about this a lot." A simple joke or not, it just insinuates how you're better than others. Well, you probably are, but...you know? Just grinds my gears. The actual description of the matchup is fine.
As Khold and Phatcat said in my defense, I was primairily bashing myself. Kupa, HR, and now Wizzerd (With Sukapon) are the only people who really do match ups, and Kupa and I have had horrible tendencies to make our characters have good match ups against Meta Knight, and people complained about that.

Now this, I really have a problem with. Why would you just give away a matchup? I don't believe this contest was made to have stupid things Brawl already has. No, it's for the fun in it. Just having an infinite...why even include it? Is this the only thing you could think of? It says nothing of Bald Bull. In my opinion (if it matters...probably not,) this is just a waste of typing. Delve deeper. Think of something creative.:)
Since you’re clearly the master of all creativity. But anyway, this is another point that I’m mainly bashing myself and Kupa for. Coming up with excuses for why heavy characters who would realistically be chain grabbed wouldn’t is rather forced and obligatory, and I’ve changed my ways, as seen in Dingodile and Sloth. I’ve also included a Dedede match up on all my movesets, so it’s somewhat a tradition.

Note: I didn't read through the whole moveset...as usual. I just post when I feel something small must be said.
You didn’t read through the set? It may as well be bad for all you know, then. There’s no need to follow the crowd (Other then to get votes and actually place if your opinions vary too much). You’re perfectly allowed to formulate your own opinions here.

Hobs, he included that about MetaKnight because HE always makes sets that counter him, not because of others. It was getting kind of redundant....I'm glad he changed it.

Also, WHY not include an infinite? People would have been gasping and "OMG I C A INFNT" even if he hadn't included that. Hell, I was gonna point it out until I saw that comment.

Essentially, these comments go against MW's tendencies, he isn't saying he's better than everyone. If anything he's pointing out his former lack of originality in the matchups.
He put that in there because I called him out on it the last time he had a good match-up against MK and it's becoming a cliche to have characters balance out the tiers.

If a character is susceptible to a move and gets owned by it, it makes sense to include it. Dedede has good match-ups against characters because of his chain grab- so what?
I’d like to thank the both of you for coming to my defense! :bee:

I ever tell you guys about the time I escaped from that Turkish prison? Well, I was on vacation - in Saudi Arabia, as it happens - and I was having a lovely time. I'd definitely recommend it, my hosts were all very pleasant; they were always singing and yodelling and KI-YIing, and there were fireworks all the time. One day, though, I woke up in the middle of the desert for some reason, and I couldn't find my new friends anywhere, although I could have sworn that they'd been there with me when I went to sleep. Anyway, I was standing in a kind of crater, so I started walking in the desert, looking for them. I found this one hermit, actually, but he wouldn't let me into his oasis home. So instead I stole his car, except I didn't really, because the next morning I woke up in a pile of sand instead with the Turks standing over me. They all looked so jolly with their big beards and their shiny pretend knives and their sharp teeth! I tried to explain to them that I had to find my Arabian friends, and wouldn't you believe it, they were nice enough to take me to my hotel! Except it was kind of different, all dank and dark, and didn't really seem like my hotel at all. Still, they were very nice to me; they'd always make funny noises and strut around like turkeys and usually they'd laugh with me, although I never really knew what we were supposed to be laughing about. So one day this one prisoner got in some trouble, and as they were taking him away; to a different hotel, I guess - he told me I was actually in a Turkish prison! Now, I was indignant. I had to see for myself, so I politely told them that I was going to look around the city a bit. Well, they laughed again, and I laughed with them, and out I went, only this big fellow started waving a big ol' knife in the air and I just said "Hey man, sup" and he said "BENDEN öNCE, CAHIL GüNDELIKçI YAY", so I could see that he was having some sort of birthday party and just tried to keep going. Then somebody hit me from behind just as I was wishing the big guy a happy birthday, which I think was kind of rude. So I went back to my hotel - they took me back, actually - and rested a bit more, and I would have been there for a while longer, but George Clooney helped me out. But that's a story for another day.
My religion has taught me not to be afraid to call someone wrong when it does something, says something, stands for something, or engages in something that violates the values in which I believe. Before I say anything else, let me remind the Hippo Islands that if a cogent, logical argument entered its brain, no doubt a concussion would result. The Hippo Islands's hypocrisy is transparent. Even the least discerning among us can see right through it. A brief study of sociology will show one inescapable fact: The impact of the Hippo Islands's insidious homilies is exactly that predicted by the Book of Revelation. Evil will preside over the land. Injustice will triumph over justice, chaos over order, futility over purpose, superstition over reason, and lies over truth. Only when humanity experiences this Hell on Earth will it fully appreciate that the Hippo Islands wants to stifle the voices of those who are simply seeking to be heard. What's wrong with that? What's wrong is the Hippo Islands's gossamer grasp of reality.
The Hippo Islands's histrionics manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: initiate a reign of pesky, obdurate terror. Phase two: relabel millions of people as "addlepated". In hearing about the Hippo Islands's refrains, one gets the distinct impression that the Hippo Islands loves favoritism more than life itself. And let me tell you, if the Hippo Islands is going to talk about higher standards then it needs to live by those higher standards. What I wrote just a moment ago is not the paranoid rambling of a featherbrained wacko. It's a fact.
We must show the Hippo Islands that we are not powerless pedestrians on the asphalt of life. We must show it that we can take steps against the whole putrid brotherhood of chthonic rakes. Maybe then the Hippo Islands will realize that it claims that free speech is wonderful as long as you're not bashing it and the conceited, oleaginous parasites in its claque. Well, I beg to differ. The Hippo Islands believes that those who disagree with it should be cast into the outer darkness, should be shunned, should starve. Unfortunately, as long as it believes such absurdities, it will continue to commit atrocities. In summary, it is my prayer that people everywhere will join me in my quest to present another paradigm in opposition to the Hippo Islands's tasteless harangues.

I was truly amazed reading Bald Bull.

Seriously, I never would have thought to see a boxer have so many creative ideas. Stuff like the leaning Fair/Bair, squashing the enemy with the Uair, the rage mechanic, The FSmash...heck, it seems like the most creative moves were the ones based on things he actually did in Punchout. I would have never thought to actually make his whiring arms be something besides a startup animation. It all comes together into a really nice playstle that is VERY fitting to Bald Bull.

So kudos to you Warlord. Another epic moveset that shows that even a simple boxer can be given a moveset that shines with creativity and innovation. *salutes*

Aaaaannnnnd I see Rool forgot to take his meds this morning.
Ooohhh! Didn’t think you’d love it that much. :bee:

Again, I was pretty surprised how much non punching material I found/came up with, though perhaps I –did- overdo it slightly in areas. But anyway, all the Punch Out characters are gonna be identical, right, HR? Nothing but punches. All their usmashes are uppercuts. Macho Man is going to be the only variation among them!
Sorry, sorry.

Thanks for the praise!

And yes, Bald Bull is the second moveset put on Rool’s blackmailed list alongside Hades.[/quote]

Sukapon Bald Bull: It always surprises me to see how quickly you improve, and considering how dang good you were before..
It really looks like you perfectly captured the essence of Bald Bull here. As a bull, he obviously has a few "charge foreward" moves, one of which is powered by rage and frustration, but also like a bull the opponent will dance around any of his attempts at approaching. You also manage to pin down bald bull's boxing style, and boxing in general (yes, boxing is pretty much all about being a iron wall of defense and grabbing the opponent whenever possible)
Yet again, I can't find anything specific to complain about, and Bald Bull is frighteningly close to being your best set ever.
But you probably shouldn't have listened to K.Rool, as those comparisons get pretty annoying when they appear every two sentences (with lag at either end that is unlike Clefable's)
Ironic that you put that crossed out Sukapon there, seeing that was the main set that ***** my reception. . .(And Rool prevented me from instead doing so to it.)

But anyway, I’m happy that you enjoyed this one also. This one wasn’t marketed so specifically at you like Dingodile and was somewhat more an unconscious experience like Sloth. . .But then again, Sloth’s my main front-runner, so having similarities to him is far from a bad thing.

Seems you like Bull even more then Dingodile either way, seeing Bull’s a lot more in character (Seeing he’s not a suicide bomber, seeing he’s Turkish and not Arabian). Thanks for the praise! While I’d elaborate, Smady is dying to post Kaiser, so. . .Yeah. I don’t have anything to defend from here.

Aye, but having an infinite is not reason enough for a 0/100 matchup. Yes, it makes it highly disadvantageous, but does not make the character completely non-viable. For an infinite to occur, you DO have to get grabbed, and hard as this is to avoid against the penguin, it is still avoidable. Now if King Dedede were able to completely shut down most/all of Bald Bull's options using the different tools he was given, plus an infinite, I would respect the choice for the matchup much more. Instead, it just seems to scream "Hey, look! I'm not being cliche and worming my way out of D3's chaingrab this time!"
DK has a 0/100 match up against Dedede due to the infinite he has on him, and D3’s infinite on Bald Bull is identical, so. . .Yeah. I agree that there wasn’t much point in including it, but it’s actually realistic, is tradition for me to include, and helps to show he’s balanced in that he’s ***** by the top tiers appropriately. Anyway, now then. . .

HEIL KAISER!

Edit: DAMN IT.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
ZOMG Long Live The Great German Machine Von Kaiser :mad:

Ok I really did not see the point of the neutral special until I read little bit deeper into the moveset. Seeing the majority of moves changing depending on the damage showed the use of the neutral special. Something I noticed is how differently you organized the actual moveset. It was some what different seeing where you placed the smashes, tilts, and air attacks. The moveset really just sucked up every little thing Von Kaiser had to offer from Punch Out and used it to its max use. I have no problems with the moveset and the only move that seems out of place is His Up Special, but then again it might not be out of place. For some reason it sounds strange, but that could just be me.

Actually the only problem I have with the entire moveset was the color choice you used for the playstyle. It is so bright compared to the rest of the moveset

All these Punch Put MOvesets has made me decide to completely remake my entire Bear Hugger moveset. That is allowed right?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
MasterWarlord said:
I can’t believe I didn’t see all of this, and this largely changed my opinion of the set. I was already feeling my commentary on Sukapon was much too positive, and this pretty much nailed that into my mind. I don’t know how I looked this over. It’s not so much that Sukapon is underpowered seeing one can just change a couple values and he’d be fixed, but I find it disturbing that you contradict your actual moves in your playstyle description and what-not so heavily.
:(

Whatever, I might go over it sometime.

Von Kaiser: Bah, I'm too tired to read this now and I'll read it tomorrow, but it looks promising. Good organization, the whole thing bolded makes it unique. Though I'd prefer if you'd make a playing against section...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Remakes are allowed, as long as they only share five moves with their past moveset counterpart. I don't think we've ever had a user remake the same moveset in one contest, but I guess it could be done.

Bald Bull is the best of Warlord's sets, as of now.[/fact]

It takes a generic, yet hilarious Turkish boxer, giving him a unique playstyle while giving him all kinds of unique punches. He gives your other sets a run for their money in this regard. I honestly can't wait to see all the punching moves that this Punch Out influx will bring. He flows extremely well, and will definitely remain a favorite of mine when it comes to voting time...unless DK gets Banana Slamma.
DO IT!
I'm unsure as to whether Bull should be considered so strong when his KO move is as strong as Quick Draw. Quick Draw isn't usually a KO move I use as Ike, and rage doesn't even seem to power it up, only giving him speed as he charges. It's still cool, but a little strange to picture.

Now, onto Kaiser...in a minute.

Alright, now. I didn't read this one as thoroughly as Bull yet, due to using Bull for a match-up for Bleak. However, from a skim, it looks impressive. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's better than Raiden, but it's still a cool set. The different moves at different damage levels is interesting...it's a bit like Hades getting more power the more damage he has, but it changes his moves in the process. This sounds a little extreme, but I won't pass judgement until I fully read Kaiser. He has some cool moves, and while they aren't as downright funny as Bull squashing foes and taunting with threats of cannibalism, Kaiser still retains a unique German style of his own. Hope to see more from you in this contest's future!

HEIL KEISER!

Should I give Keiser another page of reception? Or post Bleak on the next page? I direct this question at you, Smady; I'm fine either way. It looks like you're getting plenty of comments already, and more to come in the next nine posts, but I'll let you decide.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Remakes are allowed, as long as they only share five moves with their past moveset counterpart. I don't think we've ever had a user remake the same moveset in one contest, but I guess it could be done.
Really? I feel like it didn't try at all with my Bear Hugger moveset and that it could have been a lot better. I got lazy and ended up just bombing it and making him a really overpowered character.

So would I just make a brand new moveset and post it, or would I just delete and edit my entire old moveset?

I wouldn't want to break any rules I might have missed.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Really? I feel like it didn't try at all with my Bear Hugger moveset and that it could have been a lot better. I got lazy and ended up just bombing it and making him a really overpowered character.

So would I just make a brand new moveset and post it, or would I just delete and edit my entire old moveset?

I wouldn't want to break any rules I might have missed.
I don't think it was laziness, as much as you might've had a hard time deciding what to make Bear Hugger excel at, due to him having all-around powerful abilities. Believe me, I had to work around this for Hades and Pennywise, and will have to do so for Voldemort as well. Just determine the playstyle you want him to have and balance the stats accordingly.

I'd give the new set better organization and a different feel to it than the old one to differentiate it. You don't have to delete the old one if you're making a new set, but if you're just giving the new Bear Hugger all the old moves, but updated, you'd be in for some trouble. Remember, a max of 5 shared moves. You could keep both Bear Huggers, although the former would not receive any votes if the new one is good.

Talk to some major Villain if you have more questions; for one, I don't make decisions (although I know the basic procedures to do so). I also want to stop wasting away Keiser's page. Comment away, everyone!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I absolutely love Von Kaiser. Though, the damage percentages seem a bit low outside of the smash attacks, I suppose the fact that Von Kaiser can heal himself balances that out. The amount of lag on the down tilt and NCombo (One succession takes two seconds?) seemed strange too, and could stand to be lessened, but outside of that, I have no problems with this set.

One of my favorite sets so far, if not my absolute favorite.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Kirbywizard said:
All these Punch Put MOvesets has made me decide to completely remake my entire Bear Hugger moveset. That is allowed right?
No, that is not allowed. BKupa doesn’t seem to know what he’s talking about – you can’t do the same person twice in the same contest. You’d simply have to edit Bear Hugger.

BKupa666 said:
Bald Bull is the best of Warlord's sets, as of now.[/fact]

It takes a generic, yet hilarious Turkish boxer, giving him a unique playstyle while giving him all kinds of unique punches. He gives your other sets a run for their money in this regard. I honestly can't wait to see all the punching moves that this Punch Out influx will bring. He flows extremely well, and will definitely remain a favorite of mine when it comes to voting time...unless DK gets Banana Slamma. DO IT! I'm unsure as to whether Bull should be considered so strong when his KO move is as strong as Quick Draw. Quick Draw isn't usually a KO move I use as Ike, and rage doesn't even seem to power it up, only giving him speed as he charges. It's still cool, but a little strange to picture.
Perhaps I didn’t make it clear enough. Basically, more rage means you’ll start at a more powerful level and have a higher max charge, summed up. Of course, the fact that you can get it powerful enough to be a KO move without charging gives it the potential to be fast, which is the main thing it has going for it over Bull’s other more traditional KO moves.

But anyway, glad you liked it aside from that little tidbit. I wouldn’t say Bull is my undisputed best set, but I certainly would say I’m pretty satisfied with the guy, he’s certainly better then Envy and Ludicolo without question (Yes, I personally love Dingodile, but it’s for the people to decide.).

VON KAISER
I’m surprised you pumped this thing out so damn fast, but then again I made Bull in one and a half days so I shouldn’t be talking. Good to see him up and running. Right from the start I was curious as to just how you were gonna pull this guy off – Rool and I both desperately wanted to see a set for him, but agreed he was impossible, even for a Punch Out character, seeing he’s just the generic German.

Obviously, we were proven blatantly wrong. While there are pretty much no attacks which are just absolutely “wow” except perhaps that epic dtilt, there literally isn’t anything at all he can do beyond what you made him without going OOC. Von Kaiser oozes playstyle, being a more extreme version of Hades in that it ties into his playstyle much more, and the moveset in general. If anyone claims the mechanic is “tacked on” like with Hades, they need to be shot. It’s very deeply implemented into the set, what with all the healing and the self damaging moves. Considering Von Kaiser has to be under 50% to damage and over it to KO, he’s forced to manipulate his mechanic. It really does add a whole new layer of depth.

The set is also a breeze to read through, and not just due to Von Kaiser’s epic theme playing in the background. The organization is amazing. . .Or rather the pictures are. The fact that you animated them shows how much time you put into this set, and really makes this set extremely attractive to read in combination with the low detail level. Of course, the order of the sections is extremely awkward and unheard of, what with aerials so early, smashes so late, and throws randomly thrown in at the middle. It’s more just a shock that’s rather distracting then an actual problem, but I don’t see what you’re gaining from putting the moves in such a strange order.

But anyway, that low detail I just praised is also the bane of this set. While Raiden was over-detailed and you managed to trim the fat on him, you bring the detail level down to MYM 2 level at times, only making it seem longer by your writing style and your large level of text. Lag levels are mandatory and you rarely ever tell us them (And nearly never range, and not once a mention of priority), and I also find it awkward that you refuse to say the damage in a move. While kill percents are nice, I find it awkward how you the play the border jump with them and sometimes just say “high” knockback instead of giving out a specific percentage.

Moving right along, Von Kaiser is overpowered, and I’m amazed Ocon didn’t catch up on it. The values you use are still very screwy, much the same case as with Raiden. While many of Kaiser’s moves are too laggy (Though I can’t tell because of how unspecific you are, you make him sound very laggy at points, particularly the smashes). How does that make him overpowered? It doesn’t, but it’s very awkward. The knockback feels much, much, too high, seeing he can still damage rack somewhat under 50%. Again, I’d request you to tone that down. As for the percentages. . .I can’t believe you took me seriously when I told you in the chat to make the bthrow do 16%. What were you thinking?

These issues were present in Raiden so I take it you still need to educate yourself more on these matters. As Kaiser stands, he’s more laggy and more powerful then Bald Bull, which makes absolutely zero sense (Especially considering your already very inaccurate match up against him). While I could let this go, it just feels rather extreme. More-so then Sukapon.

Speaking of Match Ups, many of them have very little to no reasoning behind them. Aside from Bull, Lucas’ match up feels awkwardly high with little to no reason to back it up, much less compared to the actual reasoning you give for MK owning up Kaiser. I’d like to see beefier match ups, but based off your recurring problems with getting your values right I take it you have too little knowledge of competitive Smash to make it work all that well anyway. Perhaps looking into that some more would help you with both these problems?

I also find Von Kaiser’s healing overpowered in addition to all of his other wonky statistics, but what I find more iffy is why it happens. There doesn’t seem to be much of any reasoning behind it. . .It just. . .Happens. It fits his excellent playstyle, sure, but does it fit Von Kaiser? It really doesn’t seem so to me (Especially on the over 100% neutral B), and I doubt many people would connect the dots for the limited logic for why he heals when he grabs. The Final Smash is a love/hate thing. On one hand, it goes well with Von Kaiser’s tormented character, but on the other hand, it’s just so completely and utterly random and very, very un-Punch Out.

I’m sorry for attacking this set so much – It’s really not Von Kaiser specifically in some parts, some of this was carried over from Raiden (Hence why I was in the dark as to why it almost won). Now that I’ve actually seen 2 sets from you, I can better determine what these issues are. I hope you can get a better grasp on your values in general for your next set and won’t neglect the detail. Either way, it’s natural that the Detail Nazi side of me comes out for the German Boxer. . .You should’ve known what you were getting into when you made Von Kaiser.

That said, the praise at the start of this massive comment which could easily pass as a goddamn review is very real. I still love the playstyle, and there’s pretty much nothing at all Von Kaiser can do in terms of individual move originality – you squeezed every last inch of potential out of the guy. Regardless of the awkwardly presented move order, Von Kaiser is also a very easy set and a joy to read through thanks to all those images (Though I question the use of Sandman as a dummy).

Is it better then Raiden? I honestly would say it is, as looking back Raiden’s playstyle was all over the place while Kaiser flows much, much better. While Raiden didn’t have some problems with being OOC, it’s very hard to stick entirely to Kaiser’s strict character, so I can’t hold that against you too much. In addition, looking back I realize that Raiden relied heavily on props – the entire reason this flurry of Punch Out sets was created in the first place (To combat them, and more importantly traps). Kaiser is a big love/hate thing for me, though the love does outweigh the hate by a decent margin. I without question enjoyed this much more then Raiden.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
No, that is not allowed. BKupa doesn’t seem to know what he’s talking about – you can’t do the same person twice in the same contest. You’d simply have to edit Bear Hugger.
AH that's a darn shame, I guess I will just save a brand new moveset for Bear Hugger until Make Your Move 7

If this ends up in the next page then I demand that anyone that has not read Von Kaiser to do so now.:mad:

Smady

Smash Master
ZOMG Long Live The Great German Machine Von Kaiser :mad:

Ok I really did not see the point of the neutral special until I read little bit deeper into the moveset. Seeing the majority of moves changing depending on the damage showed the use of the neutral special. Something I noticed is how differently you organized the actual moveset. It was some what different seeing where you placed the smashes, tilts, and air attacks. The moveset really just sucked up every little thing Von Kaiser had to offer from Punch Out and used it to its max use. I have no problems with the moveset and the only move that seems out of place is His Up Special, but then again it might not be out of place. For some reason it sounds strange, but that could just be me.

Actually the only problem I have with the entire moveset was the color choice you used for the playstyle. It is so bright compared to the rest of the moveset

Thanks for the comment - not really much to reply to. His up special was mainly just for playstyle's sake, like many of the moves that aren't based entirely off of Punch Out!! - there's literally no source material for Von Kaiser's recovery. :psycho:

The playstyle colour was as it is simply out of simplicity. I hope the contrast isn't harmful, if so, I'll change it. And no, you can't remake the Bear Hugger, not until next MYM at least, at least not with all the same moves. Go look at the canvas to see the rules.

Alright, now. I didn't read this one as thoroughly as Bull yet, due to using Bull for a match-up for Bleak. However, from a skim, it looks impressive. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's better than Raiden, but it's still a cool set. The different moves at different damage levels is interesting...it's a bit like Hades getting more power the more damage he has, but it changes his moves in the process. This sounds a little extreme, but I won't pass judgement until I fully read Kaiser. He has some cool moves, and while they aren't as downright funny as Bull squashing foes and taunting with threats of cannibalism, Kaiser still retains a unique German style of his own. Hope to see more from you in this contest's future!

HEIL KEISER!

Should I give Keiser another page of reception? Or post Bleak on the next page? I direct this question at you, Smady; I'm fine either way. It looks like you're getting plenty of comments already, and more to come in the next nine posts, but I'll let you decide.
Thanks for the comment. I never considered Hades being a comparable character, but I suppose you have a point, although the implementation is very different. As of now, I think it would be better if you held off, not just for Kaiser, but for Bull as well - people will become dissuaded from commenting on Bull if there are two or three new movesets. :p

Which is a shame as I would like to see your Bleak.

I absolutely love Von Kaiser. Though, the damage percentages seem a bit low outside of the smash attacks, I suppose the fact that Von Kaiser can heal himself balances that out. The amount of lag on the down tilt and NCombo (One succession takes two seconds?) seemed strange too, and could stand to be lessened, but outside of that, I have no problems with this set.

One of my favorite sets so far, if not my absolute favorite.
Thanks. The technical aspects of damage, lag and such have always alluded me, so it's no surprise it's off in place. Calling this your 'absolute favourite' is pretty satisfying as its author, I'm just glad you enjoyed it. :chuckle:

But anyway, glad you liked it aside from that little tidbit. I wouldn’t say Bull is my undisputed best set, but I certainly would say I’m pretty satisfied with the guy, he’s certainly better then Envy and Ludicolo without question (Yes, I personally love Dingodile, but it’s for the people to decide.).
In hindsight, I would say Dingodile is up there with Sloth in God tier. Bull's up there with Envy in top tier.

VON KAISER
I’m surprised you pumped this thing out so damn fast, but then again I made Bull in one and a half days so I shouldn’t be talking. Good to see him up and running. Right from the start I was curious as to just how you were gonna pull this guy off – Rool and I both desperately wanted to see a set for him, but agreed he was impossible, even for a Punch Out character, seeing he’s just the generic German.

Obviously, we were proven blatantly wrong. While there are pretty much no attacks which are just absolutely “wow” except perhaps that epic dtilt, there literally isn’t anything at all he can do beyond what you made him without going OOC. Von Kaiser oozes playstyle, being a more extreme version of Hades in that it ties into his playstyle much more, and the moveset in general. If anyone claims the mechanic is “tacked on” like with Hades, they need to be shot. It’s very deeply implemented into the set, what with all the healing and the self damaging moves. Considering Von Kaiser has to be under 50% to damage and over it to KO, he’s forced to manipulate his mechanic. It really does add a whole new layer of depth.
Thanks for the comment. You know, I suppose the mechanic is kind of similar to Hades', but I honestly didn't even think of that moveset at all while making Kaiser. Maybe it is burned into my sub-conscious because of how awesome it is.

The set is also a breeze to read through, and not just due to Von Kaiser’s epic theme playing in the background. The organization is amazing. . .Or rather the pictures are. The fact that you animated them shows how much time you put into this set, and really makes this set extremely attractive to read in combination with the low detail level. Of course, the order of the sections is extremely awkward and unheard of, what with aerials so early, smashes so late, and throws randomly thrown in at the middle. It’s more just a shock that’s rather distracting then an actual problem, but I don’t see what you’re gaining from putting the moves in such a strange order.
The order of the sections was initially me trying to order them to balance out the detailed / non-detailed or important / non-important sections. I also figured, after specials, order doesn't really matter, which I stand by. In the future, I'll probably order things more straightforward.

But anyway, that low detail I just praised is also the bane of this set. While Raiden was over-detailed and you managed to trim the fat on him, you bring the detail level down to MYM 2 level at times, only making it seem longer by your writing style and your large level of text. Lag levels are mandatory and you rarely ever tell us them (And nearly never range, and not once a mention of priority), and I also find it awkward that you refuse to say the damage in a move. While kill percents are nice, I find it awkward how you the play the border jump with them and sometimes just say “high” knockback instead of giving out a specific percentage.
Hey, I never have mentioned priority. :p

The criticism of some of the technical aspects is welcome. I know I suck at making accurate percents and if I got so far into describing all the knockback / range / priority and what have you, it would make no sense, so I steer clear of it. I felt the low detail was simply because it was less padded than Raiden - he had descriptions of where each move originates from, which Von Kaiser sort of lacked.

Moving right along, Von Kaiser is overpowered, and I’m amazed Ocon didn’t catch up on it. The values you use are still very screwy, much the same case as with Raiden. While many of Kaiser’s moves are too laggy (Though I can’t tell because of how unspecific you are, you make him sound very laggy at points, particularly the smashes). How does that make him overpowered? It doesn’t, but it’s very awkward. The knockback feels much, much, too high, seeing he can still damage rack somewhat under 50%. Again, I’d request you to tone that down. As for the percentages. . .I can’t believe you took me seriously when I told you in the chat to make the bthrow do 16%. What were you thinking?
Haha, again with the technical stuff... I'll try to educate myself for my next moveset, but I honestly have no idea how. Generally, though, that stuff seems kind of boring and readers make their own connections that probably make more sense than anything I could write. The notion of balance in Von Kaiser I can understand - mainly his vice is with range, but he is very powerful as well and absolutely unimaginable in actual Smash, but again, he isn't perfect either. Rather than playing the, "I made him underpowered to avoid the criticism," I tried making Kaiser more on the border. I totally get your criticism.

These issues were present in Raiden so I take it you still need to educate yourself more on these matters. As Kaiser stands, he’s more laggy and more powerful then Bald Bull, which makes absolutely zero sense (Especially considering your already very inaccurate match up against him). While I could let this go, it just feels rather extreme. More-so then Sukapon.
I stand by the match-up. Bald Bull has rush moves and generally a lot more going on than Kaiser ever does, so I still consider it a fair trade-off that Kaiser is more powerful. I mean, it may not make sense in Punch Out!!, but if Kaiser were less powerful, slower and had less range just for the sake of making Bull the stronger one, I feel that would be a step backward.

Speaking of Match Ups, many of them have very little to no reasoning behind them. Aside from Bull, Lucas’ match up feels awkwardly high with little to no reason to back it up, much less compared to the actual reasoning you give for MK owning up Kaiser. I’d like to see beefier match ups, but based off your recurring problems with getting your values right I take it you have too little knowledge of competitive Smash to make it work all that well anyway. Perhaps looking into that some more would help you with both these problems?
I take your advice to heart. These are only my first match-ups and I plan to continue the trend, I found it more difficult than I had first imagined to write them. I have read many match-ups before on SWF and thus that was my inspiration mainly, but I didn't feel they were particularly strong in Kaiser. They're mainly just there to express Kaiser's strengths or weaknesses - like a 'pro / con' section, although I find those outdated now.

I also find Von Kaiser’s healing overpowered in addition to all of his other wonky statistics, but what I find more iffy is why it happens. There doesn’t seem to be much of any reasoning behind it. . .It just. . .Happens. It fits his excellent playstyle, sure, but does it fit Von Kaiser? It really doesn’t seem so to me (Especially on the over 100% neutral B), and I doubt many people would connect the dots for the limited logic for why he heals when he grabs. The Final Smash is a love/hate thing. On one hand, it goes well with Von Kaiser’s tormented character, but on the other hand, it’s just so completely and utterly random and very, very un-Punch Out.
His healing mechanic is mainly just there to offset his self damage. Von Kaiser's anger build up is linked to stress in the match and I felt that hitting with a big move like that or clenching would lower his anger, also being a good way to balance out all the damage. At one-hundred-percent, it's pretty much a desparation move with the Neutral Special and I doubt it would be an easy hit as Kaiser. The final smash was really just a bit of fun and I don't expect everyone to like it.

I’m sorry for attacking this set so much – It’s really not Von Kaiser specifically in some parts, some of this was carried over from Raiden (Hence why I was in the dark as to why it almost won). Now that I’ve actually seen 2 sets from you, I can better determine what these issues are. I hope you can get a better grasp on your values in general for your next set and won’t neglect the detail. Either way, it’s natural that the Detail Nazi side of me comes out for the German Boxer. . .You should’ve known what you were getting into when you made Von Kaiser.
I understand all your complaints just fine, no need to apologise. :p

I'm definitely aiming to improve, I'll take note of all criticisms.

That said, the praise at the start of this massive comment which could easily pass as a goddamn review is very real. I still love the playstyle, and there’s pretty much nothing at all Von Kaiser can do in terms of individual move originality – you squeezed every last inch of potential out of the guy. Regardless of the awkwardly presented move order, Von Kaiser is also a very easy set and a joy to read through thanks to all those images (Though I question the use of Sandman as a dummy).
Sandman's inclusion was sort of a loose connection - more anger is more power and I went to Sandman for inspiration.

Is it better then Raiden? I honestly would say it is, as looking back Raiden’s playstyle was all over the place while Kaiser flows much, much better. While Raiden didn’t have some problems with being OOC, it’s very hard to stick entirely to Kaiser’s strict character, so I can’t hold that against you too much. In addition, looking back I realize that Raiden relied heavily on props – the entire reason this flurry of Punch Out sets was created in the first place (To combat them, and more importantly traps). Kaiser is a big love/hate thing for me, though the love does outweigh the hate by a decent margin. I without question enjoyed this much more then Raiden.
I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm glad it's at least very different from Raiden - you seem to think it has entirely different strengths / weaknesses as a moveset, which I feel is indicative of the characters. Thanks again for reading the moveset and the awesome commentary. :)

n88

Smash Lord
n88's Super Nitpicky Complaints - Von Kaiser Edition

I have to say that Wolf and Link are leaning towards the heavy side of things. Mario/Luigi's about average.

@#%! Need to go. I'll have more (Not nitpicking) to say later.

EDIT:

I was really impressed with Von Kaiser. Several of his moves could use some more info on lag-time, and the FS is kinda random (But hilarious), but aside from that, I don't have too much to complain about.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, blow me down. It appears I was mistaken...that rule needs updating: it says that you can't repost an edited set, and that you can remake a character, as long as the sets are different. It doesn't say the same user can't remake a character, so I assumed it was fair. Listen to MW, kirbywizard, he knows what he's talking about.

Although you could edit Bear Hugger's organization and change around his moves enough that it looks like a whole new set. Just don't repost him; post the link once your updates are completed.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Actually, HR, who is leading this contest, told me I could do two completely different versions of the same character as two separate movesets if I wanted a while ago in the Xat. Like, before MYM6 started. But I was referring to MYM6 when I asked him, so I presume that such a rule would also apply to Bear Hugger.

Anyways, nice sets everyone.

I know, I'm back to terrible comments of doom. :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
But you probably shouldn't have listened to K.Rool, as those comparisons get pretty annoying when they appear every two sentences (with lag at either end that is unlike Clefable's)
Oh, I never told him to do anything of the sort. He knows it bothers me, that's why he mentioned me. I find including a billion comparisons just makes it more tedious to read.

Actually, HR, who is leading this contest, told me I could do two completely different versions of the same character as two separate movesets if I wanted a while ago in the Xat. Like, before MYM6 started. But I was referring to MYM6 when I asked him, so I presume that such a rule would also apply to Bear Hugger.

Anyways, nice sets everyone.

I know, I'm back to terrible comments of doom. :)
HR says yes, and Warlord says no (as a reminder, contest leader doesn't have complete authority on everything). I say remakes, as in reposts of the same set with different movesets, aren't allowed. You're fully allowed to completely edit and revamp the set in its original post, and then link us to it once you're done, though. I did something of the sort back in MYM 3 myself.

Oooh, Von Kaiser. I ever tell you guys about the time I pretended to be a Nazi? Oh man, quite a story. It all started when I was on vacation in Germany visiting some relatives. Good people, I was very comfortable there. Would you believe it, they thought it was a bad time for me to come visiting. They kept saying how they had to go, but I didn't really understand what they were going on about, so I just took it easy and enjoyed the sights. There were a ton of fun antique tanks and trucks and such clunking around, and once they even let me drive one around! Friendly people, those Germans. Although I've never been a very good driver, so I ended up driving the tank into SS Colonel Franz Liebkind, and they didn't really like that. So I ended up running and I had to hide in a wall for a few days, and they don't call me The Wallmaster for nothing. They didn't find me for a few days, but eventually I got tired of eating bread crumbs and licking wallpaper, so I went to the market and got myself some sauerkraut. Then I remembered that I don't like sauerkraut, so I went to get myself a refund... except they wouldn't let me. Well, I admit, I made a bit of a fuss, raised some ruckus, and then this fine gentleman in a fancy military outfit started rebuking me in German, which I didn't really catch. So I took out my SURVIVING IN GERMANY guidebook and flipped to the WHAT TO SAY TO ANGRY GERMANS section, and I said to him, I said, "Ich möchte mit Ihnen ziehen und die Hilfe der Master-Rennen in die Welt zu erobern." So he started asking me some questions and for the life of me I can't remember what I answered, but soon enough I had a nice military outfit of my own and was brandishing a bazooka. Go figure. It was then that I realized that I had joined the Nazi party. I would have died there, too, but a hulking medicine man rescued me. But that's a story for another day.

As to Von Kaiser himself, I can see what all the hullabaloo is about. You know my general opinion already: very impressive set, albeit ultimately not jaw-dropping. The main thing that impresses about Von Kaiser, of course, is the fervent devotion to his playstyle. It's something quite unique, using the damage counter as a resource to be manipulated rather than just one of the game's standard mechanics, and although it feels a tad out of character for Von Kaiser to heal himself, equating it to rage makes it overlook-able.

And the attacks individually are pretty much immaculate. There's almost nothing I can pinpoint as either out-of-line with feasibility or as bland and pointless. It all slots together perfectly, and is made up of powerful individual components.

No, my real problem with Von Kaiser is that he's actually pretty difficult to get through. This may sound odd considering I found Raiden one of the most readable and fascinating movesets in MYM 6, but I think the clinical writing style that served you well there just doesn't work in the same way on a boxer moveset. In addition, the orange bolded font really doesn't do the moveset any favors, despite lending it a lot of character.

Don't get me wrong, though: it's quite something. I think this is a moveset to be respected, more than a moveset to be actively enjoyed while reading it. It certainly improves on reflection, and it wasn't too shabby the first time around, either.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
I'm back from a short vacation, and holy smokes did I miss a veritable slew of excellent sets. Bald Bull, Von Kaiser, Raven, man... I'm going to have to play some reading catch-up. Some quick comments, but Von Kaiser is absolutely beautiful, and I love the Forward Special and Down Tilt. I'm not a big fan of moves having major changes based on percents, but you pulled it off splendidly, and I was quite impressed by how smooth it was. Having a character who can both heal and self-inflict damage is odd, though, and I feel like it hurt the flow of the set some. I understand why he can, but it just didn't flow as well as I felt he might have otherwise.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Hehe...:chuckle: ...*scratches head*...didn't know what I was talking about before, Dr. MasterWarlord, your grace, honour, highness... ...:chuckle: ...:chuckle:

Whew, gotta pay attention more, I guess. But really, 1 and a half days?! Wow. That's some efficient thinking there.

I've been working (very very slowly) on 1 moveset the whole contest.

n88

Smash Lord
Hehe...:chuckle: ...*scratches head*...didn't know what I was talking about before, Dr. MasterWarlord, your grace, honour, highness... ...:chuckle: ...:chuckle:

Whew, gotta pay attention more, I guess. But really, 1 and a half days?! Wow. That's some efficient thinking there.

HuH. It takes me like two weeks to picK a character and about Four or five dayS to make the moveset and post it. Kinda sad really. BTW, my next moveset should be up tomorrow morning.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
HuH. It takes me like two weeks to picK a character and about Four or five dayS to make the moveset and post it. Kinda sad really. BTW, my next moveset should be up tomorrow morning.
My Lord, you had better do him justice. Eagerly awaiting it.

Smady

Smash Master
Oooh, Von Kaiser. I ever tell you guys about the time I pretended to be a Nazi? Oh man, quite a story. It all started when I was on vacation in Germany visiting some relatives. Good people, I was very comfortable there. Would you believe it, they thought it was a bad time for me to come visiting. They kept saying how they had to go, but I didn't really understand what they were going on about, so I just took it easy and enjoyed the sights. There were a ton of fun antique tanks and trucks and such clunking around, and once they even let me drive one around! Friendly people, those Germans. Although I've never been a very good driver, so I ended up driving the tank into SS Colonel Franz Liebkind, and they didn't really like that. So I ended up running and I had to hide in a wall for a few days, and they don't call me The Wallmaster for nothing. They didn't find me for a few days, but eventually I got tired of eating bread crumbs and licking wallpaper, so I went to the market and got myself some sauerkraut. Then I remembered that I don't like sauerkraut, so I went to get myself a refund... except they wouldn't let me. Well, I admit, I made a bit of a fuss, raised some ruckus, and then this fine gentleman in a fancy military outfit started rebuking me in German, which I didn't really catch. So I took out my SURVIVING IN GERMANY guidebook and flipped to the WHAT TO SAY TO ANGRY GERMANS section, and I said to him, I said, "Ich möchte mit Ihnen ziehen und die Hilfe der Master-Rennen in die Welt zu erobern." So he started asking me some questions and for the life of me I can't remember what I answered, but soon enough I had a nice military outfit of my own and was brandishing a bazooka. Go figure. It was then that I realized that I had joined the Nazi party. I would have died there, too, but a hulking medicine man rescued me. But that's a story for another day.
Team Fortress 2. :chuckle:

I regret telling Kupa not to post his moveset, obviously there aren't going to be many more comments on Kaiser or Bull. My reception is usually lousy, though - you guys should really go read Bull. Also, I had to re-format my computer, but as I saved all my MYM work and can re-install all my MYM programs, it doesn't affect my MYMing at all.

n88

Smash Lord
HK-47, the robotic assassin, has joined the Brawl!

HK-47

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.”

Background/Overview

HK-47 is an assassin droid in the Star Wars universe. He first appeared in Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) as one of the most memorable (read: best) characters in the game. He displayed a love of violence and bloodshed, and referred to his work as a form of art. He was also full of humorous quips, often referring to biological organisms as ‘meatbags’.

HK-47 was created by the Sith Lord Darth Revan to assassinate individuals that Revan thought would upset his plans or destabilize the galaxy. After Revan was overthrown by Darth Malak, HK-47 went through a succession of owners who he killed, directly or indirectly, before being picked up by the main character of KotOR. If you would like to get an idea of HK-47’s personality, try watching this video. If you wouldn’t; watch the video anyway, because it’s ****ing hilarious.

All kill percents given in this moveset are based on hitting Mario at the center of FD with no DI.

Stats

Size: 7.5/10
HK-47 is just a tad shorter than Ganondorf, and fairly average in terms of build.

Weight: 9.5/10
HK-47 is comparable to Snake and Bowser in terms of weight (Really, really heavy). He is made out of metal and weighed down with a lot of weapons, after all.

Ground Speed: 4/10
HK-47 isn’t built for speed. He prefers the slow, tactical approach.

Traction: 9/10
HK-47 is basically a large, violent computer. He’s not liable to make a lot of mistakes with his footing.

Attack Speed: 5/10
HK’s attacks vary quite a bit in terms of lag, but are generally average.

Power: 6/10
HK has no trouble piling up damage, but he has somewhat limited KO options.

Reach: 10/10
HK-47 boasts a variety of projectiles and traps, efficiently able to assail his opponents from afar.

Priority: 9.5/10
This is also due to his multitude of projectiles.

Comboability: 3/10
HK-47 has a few attacks that practically guarantee follow-ups, but this does not make him a combo character.

Fall Speed: 4/10

Recovery: 3/10
HK-47 has only a mediocre second jump and a tether recovery to rely on.

Shielding/Dodging: 5/10
Despite having good dodges, HK-47 has a relatively small shield for his size.

DI/Aerial Movement: 3/10
The majority of HK-47’s aerial movement is downward.

Special Abilities

Float: NO
Glide: NAH
Crawl: NOPE
Wall Jump: NUH-UH
Wall Cling: NADA
Aura: ZILCH

Animations​

Idle:
HK-47 holds up his rifle and reloads it.

Shield:
HK-47 crosses his arms in front of him while he’s enclosed in the shield bubble.

Rolldodge:
HK-47 slides around without actually rolling. This is pretty fast, but nowhere near Lucario-level.

Crouch:
HK-47 goes down on one knee and ducks his head down low. This is pretty average as crouches go.

Asleep:
HK-47 shuts down (The lights in his eyes go out) and he crumples into a pile.

Dizzy:
HK-47 teeters back and forth with his hands held at his sides.

Helpless:
HK-47 plummets headfirst, his blaster rifle slipping from his grasp.

Hangin’:
HK-47 hangs on to the ledge with both hands. While grasping the edge, his blaster rifle is slung on his back. It reappears in his hands when he leaves the ledge.

Special Mechanic

T3-M4

T3-M4 is an astromech droid that is also a member of your party in Knights of the Old Republic. He doesn’t seem to have much of a personality, but he dutifully helps you with whatever hacking problems you have, despite being useless in combat.

In Smash, T3-M4 follows HK-47 around in the background, much as the Pokémon Trainer follows his Pokémon. T3 is immune to all attacks, just like the Pokémon Trainer. While he generally doesn’t take part in the fighting, several of HK-47’s attacks require the help of the little droid, so he’s glad to assist. When T3 helps HK-47 out, he becomes vulnerable to attack, however. If HK-47 is knocked off the stage, T3-M4 does not follow him off, but stands at the edge of the stage. T3 does not follow HK into the air, however. He remains on the stage.

T3 has 100 stamina, and 25 of that is healed every time HK respawns. (He can also be healed manually by the Neutral Special). T3 also has set knockback on all animations/attacks when he is in the foreground. This sounds odd, but it's really prety simple: T3, when hit, is always knocked backward one stage builder block befire retreating into the background. T3 will not take the knockback if he is at the ledge.

T3-M4 Stats​

Size: 5/10
T3-M4 is about as tall as Toon Link and a little wider than Ivysaur.

Weight: 6/10
T3 is surprisingly heavy due to all that machinery.

Movement: 4/10
T3 is able to match HK-47’s pace perfectly.

T3-M4 Animations​

Basic/Idle:
T3 just stands there. He isn’t bored easily.

Walking/Dashing:
T3 moves his front legs forward so that he leans over and slides forward. His legs are moved farther forward when he dashes.

Specials​

Neutral Special: Construction Kit

HK-47 faces the camera and holds his arms at his sides. T3 moves into the foreground and inserts his probe into HK-47’s leg. This heals HK 15% damage and restores 50 stamina to T3. Sounds great, right? The downside is that this is slow and leaves T3 very open to attack. T3-M4 comes out a very short time after the input is given, (5 frames, or 1/12 of a second) and remains in the foreground for a full second. HK-47 and T3 aren’t healed until T3 returns to the background. This can be used insisted of taunting on large stages, or if your opponent is of the obnoxious, run-away-and-taunt type. This has no cool-down time at all, so you have a good chance of dodging those who approach you while you’re helpless. This attack is unusable if T3 has been KO’d.

Side Special: Sniper Shot

HK-47 goes down on one knee and pulls out a sniper rifle. He takes a moment to line up his shot, and then fires a yellow bolt of light across the stage. The beam has very high priority, even for a projectile, but comes out slowly. The whole starting animation (Everything before the actual shot) takes up half of a second. The attack has very little cool-down time (6 frames). The beam travels until it hits a wall or crosses the Death Boundary. The damage and knockback of the shot are dependent on what the opponent was doing while they were hit.

Opponent was:
Standing, in Basic or Idle Animations………………9% damage, low knockback
Walking, Running, or Dashing……………..................6% damage, high knockback (Kills at 165%)
Attacking……………………………………………………3% damage, flinching knockback
Jumping……………………………………………………..4% damage, average knockback
Using a Recovery Move………………………………..5% damage, puts victim into helpless state
Dizzy, Helpless, Hanging from a Ledge, or Asleep………12% damage, flinching knockback

Overall, Critical Shot is most useful as a gimping tool (Although the slow start-up hinders it somewhat) or as a combo-starter/damage racker on opponents who can’t fight back. The real con to this move is that it’s not very useful against opponents who are nearby or attacking.

Up Special: Grapple Gun

Hk-47 shoots a grappling hook from his blaster rifle, angled diagonally and forward (Similar angle to Olimar’s Up-B). The grapple travels to the same height as Zero Suit Samus’s Up-B, (But it’s actually longer, since it follows a diagonal trajectory.) and remains at that height for 1/6th of a second (10 frames) before flopping onto the ground. The grapple does 8% and high knockback, in addition to having above average priority. The move comes out quickly (8 frames) but has a quarter of a second of cool-down time (HK has to retract the cable, after all). This serves as a tether recovery in the air, having range just a little better than ZSS’s. If T3-M4 is present, this recovery gets a nice boost. If the ledge is occupied (or there is no ledge that can be grabbed) and T3 is present, the tether will snap on to T3 instead. This makes it nigh impossible to edgehog HK, but to help HK, T3 has to move into the foreground, exposing himself to attack until HK reels himself in. If T3 is attacked while HK is latched onto him, HK will lose his connection to T3 and start to fall.

Down Special: Systems Hack

A computer terminal from KotOR appears (Picture momentarily), and T3-M4 slides into the foreground to interact with it. HK-47 is free to move about and attack while T3 is hacking the terminal, but he cannot use any attacks that involve T3, nor can T3 provide his boost to HK’s recovery. After T3 has been working for 5 seconds, a dialogue box will appear near the top of the screen. This blocks the players’ view, much like Mr. Resetti’s speech bubble. The dialogue box has four options, which are activated by pressing the corresponding button:

SCRAMBLE COMMUNICATIONS (A on GC controller, A on Wiimote + Nunchuk, 2 on Wiimote, a on Classic controller): The Up-Down controls of all opponents are inverted for the next fifteen seconds. This can be used to seriously mess with recoveries.

RECEIVE ORDERS (B, B, 1, B): HK-47 receives a communication from Darth Revan, commanding him to assassinate the opponent (If there is more than one opponent present, one is selected at random). HK-47 receives a bonus 2% damage on all future attacks versus the opponent, and the cool-down time on all of his attacks is reduced by 25% for the rest of his stock. (This is not stackable)

RECEIVE ASSSTANCE: (L/R, Z, B, L/R): An HK-51 droid (HK-51’s look like HK-47, but their ‘eyes’ glow blue, and their bodies are black) drops onto the middle of the stage. It has 25 HP, and all the attacks that HK-47 has (Minus the ones for which T3 is required). HHK-51’s behave like a level 6 computer. HK-47 may not have more than three HK-51’s on the stage at any one time.

SURROUND AREA: (D-Pad, 1/2, A, D-Pad): The Death Boundary gets slightly smaller (All sides close in about one Mario-height). The effect lasts for the rest of the match.

If T3-M4 is attacked while he is hacking, this attack is disrupted immediately, and has no effect.

Standard Attacks​

Jab Combo: Rapid Fire

HK-47 fires a shot from his blaster rifle, then another, followed by a whole barrage of blaster bolts (These will continue to fire as long as the input is held). All bolts travel the distance of 2 Battlefield platforms before disappearing. The first laser does 5% damage and flinching knockback. The second does 2% damage and flinching knockback, and all subsequent blaster bolts do 1% damage and very low knockback. All lasers have high priority, and the first laser fires on the 5th frame of the attack, making this pretty slow for a jab. The amount of time between lasers is about the same (Just a tad lower, but not really noticeable) as the time between each of Fox’s lasers when Fox fires at his fastest. The cool-down time on this attack is long enough so that it has no reliable follow-ups.

Dash Attack: Sonic Rifle

HK-47 turns and fires a sonic burst behind him as his momentum carries him a good 3 Battlefield platforms away from the blast. It occupies an area similar to that of ROB’s F-Smash (Conical), but instead of a single burst of light, it fires three rings of sound. The first ring does 5% damage and flinching knockback, the second does 6% and average knockback, and the third hit does 10% damage and very high knockback (Kills at 110%). All three rings have high priority. The attack comes out slowly, but the individual rings come out directly after each other. Anyone hit by just a single ring of the attack loses focus (That high-pitched buzzing is so annoying), and has a 10% chance of ignoring the next button input (If the input is held, the character will continue to ignore it until it’s pressed again). This attack has a moderate amount of cool-down lag. Its main use should be to escape pursuers or occasionally as a surprise attack. The third ring is a great KO move, but the odds of actually hitting someone with it are remote, since the second hit knocks anyone in the way out of range.

Tilts​

Forward Tilt: Flamethrower

HK holds his left hand out in front of him and ejects fire from a nozzle in his wrist. The fire fans out in the shape of the blast from a fire flower. This deals 11 hits of 1% each and the final hit does 5% (Total 16%), although landing all 12 hits is extremely improbable. The first eleven hits have high priority and flinching knockback, and the last hit has very high priority and average knockback. The attack comes out fast, but has only average cool-down time. If the final hit misses (Due to SDI or incredibly bad luck), HK can expect to get hit. This is best used as a trap for approaching characters.

Up Tilt: Ice Grenade

HK throws a white grenade into the air over his head. It travels one Kirby-height over HK’s head before starting its descent. Once it hits the ground, it bounces a few times (Like ZSS’s armor pieces) before settling down. It explodes on contact with a character other than HK (or T3) or automatically after 5 seconds. It deals 5% damage and high vertical knockback (Kills at 140%) if it explodes on contact and 9% damage and average knockback if it explodes on the ground. The explosion has an ice effect, and freezes opponents with more than 80% damage. The explosion also has high priority. HK takes a moment to throw the grenade, so this has high start-up time. However, cool-down time is very low (It’s a good idea to run away from a grenade that’s about to explode). The explosion can affect HK or his teammates (If the grenade hits at the peak of its flight, the explosion is not big enough to hit HK).

HK relies on T3 for a constant supply of grenades, so after T3 is dead, HK can only use this attack three more times.

Down Tilt: Oil Slick

T3 moves into the foreground and slides forward 2.5 Battlefield platforms in half of a second, before returning to the background. Behind him, he leaves a trail of oil. Characters move on the oil as they would on Ice, and they have a 20% higher chance of tripping. This can be used well as a set-up move or as a trap, but it exposes T3 to damage. HK is free to move about while T3 lays the oil slick. There may be no more than two oil slicks on-screen at any one time. This attack cannot be used without T3.

Smashes​

Forward Smash: Power Blast

HK holds his rifle forward in a ready stance. When the attack is unleashed, a large, fast-moving laser bolt (About the size of Wolf's) is fired. This keeps going as long as the player holds the input. What makes this smash slightly unique is that it grows more powerful with distance, rather than charge. At one Battlefield Platform, it deals 6% damage and low knockback, while it deals 16% damage and KO's at 120% at 3/4 of FD. This Smash can also be angled up or down. The attack has moderate end-lag, but little start-up. This is best used for KO'ing at adistance.

Up Smash: Cluster Rockets

HK-47 fires three rockets from his gun into the air above him. These rockets travel one Captain Falcon height above HK’s head before exploding (They will also explode on contact with a hostile character). As they travel upward, the rockets spread out, covering an area of one Ganondorf-height horizontally. Uncharged, each rocket does 5% damage and low vertical knockback. Fully charged, each rocket does 10% damage and average vertical knockback. The rockets’ priority increases with charge. Uncharged, the rockets have barely above average priority, but when fully charged, the rockets have extremely high priority. The rockets come out fast and have little cool-down time. If T3-M4 is present, he will fire a small rocket upward from a panel in his head. Regardless of charge, T3’s rocket hits in the foreground and background, and deals 7% damage and low knockback. This is best used to deter aerial approaches and attack from a distance.

Down Smash: Energy Shield

HK-47 goes into the same stance as in the Neutral Special (He faces the screen and holds his arms rigid at his sides) and a blue aura surrounds him. The hitbox of the attack is HK’s entire body. Uncharged, this attack deals 3% damage and flinching knockback. Fully charged, the attack deals 7% damage and low knockback. The attack has low priority, but comes out very quickly and has very little end lag. This sounds like a crappy attack, but the highlight of the move isn’t the damage. After HK uses the attack, the blue aura (The energy shield) remains around HK for the next 10 seconds. All energy projectiles that hit HK disappear, blocked by the energy shield, and HK gains superarmor to all non-energy-based projectiles as long as the shield is up. This can be used as a GTFO attack, but its primary purpose is to protect HK from the projectiles of enemies while he sets up his own long-range attacks.

Aerials​

Neutral Aerial: Heavy Pistols

HK-47 pulls out two large blaster pistols and shoots one in either direction (One to the left and one to the right). The blaster bolts travel the length of the floating platform on Yoshi’s Island (Brawl) before disappearing. Each bolt does 3% damage and low knockback in addition to having high priority.

While HK does this, T3 moves into the foreground and fires his own blaster (It comes out of apanel in his head). T3 fires in a straight trajectory (In the same direction HK faces) and his bolts travel 3/4 of Final Destianation before disappearing. His lasers give 2% damage and flinching knockback with very high priority. T3 fires prety fast, so he's only exposed for half of a second. This has some intersesting combo applications, but can't be used for much otherwise.

Forward Aerial: Homing Device

HK-47 swipes in front of himself horizontally, dealing 2% damage and flinching knockback. This has average priority, but is very fast.

Meanwhile, on the stage, T3 attaches a small beacon (This looks like a Melee motion-detector bomb, but blue) to any character in hte foreground. Keep in mind that T3 does not move into the foreground fo rthis attack. He safely applies it from the background. This is difficult to hit with, but very rewarding, as it causes all of HK-47's projectiles to home in on the target. HK's lasers curve their trajectory like Pit's lasers to hit the target, while missiles move towards opponents w/the DI of Ganondorf. The homing device stays on the opponent for the rest of their stock.

Back Aerial: Shield Disruptor

Again, HK gets the boring part of this attack. He merely turns around and deals a swipe with all the same properties of his forward aerial, but 4% damage instead of 2%.

T3 moves into the foreground and fires a blue burst (Looks like ROB’s F-Smash) in front of him. This does 6% damage and low knockback. The range is comparable to DK’s Back Air, it has very high priority, and also has little end lag (But considerable start-up). This burns through shields extremely fast, taking three hits to destroy a full shield.

Up Aerial: Poison Mine

HK throws a small green object into the air above him. This peaks two Ganondorf-heights above HK before beginning its descent (It does 5% damage and flinching knockback to anyone it hits. It also has high priority.). The move has little end-lag, but average start-up time. If the mine falls off the stage or T3 is dead, nothing else happens.

If the mine lands on the stage and T3 is alive, T3 moves out of the background to activate it (It takes T3 0.25 seconds, or 15 frames to do this). After the mine has been activated, anyone who walks on it (Including HK) sets it off, causing a large (The height of Ganondorf w/Two Mr. Saturns on his head, and the width of DK) pillar of gas to jet out. The gas does 20 hits of 1% damage and no knockback, with transcendent priority. HK does not take damage from his own gas mines. This is a trap with a few interesting applications, such as creating a fantastic place to grab people.

Down Aerial: Carbonite Projector

HK sticks both hands underneath him and sprays a fine, gray mist from them. This occupies an area the size of Kirby directly below HK, before dissipating in half a second. Anyone hit by the mist is frozen solid, and takes on a statuesque appearance before dropping like a rock. The length for which characters drop is dependent on damage (Although they always fall at the same speed as Sheik). At 0%, opponents break out after less than a tenth of a second. At 100%, opponents break out after half a second. This can only gimp at ridiculously high percents, but anything that can kill is a good thing for HK.

Meanwhile, on the stage, T3 advances to the foreground and fires the same mist out in front of him. This occupies about the same space as HK's mist, but directly in front of T3. This freezes opponents for a good deal longer than HK's mist, immobilizing opponents for half of a second at 0% damage up to 3 seconds at 100% (Although they break free as soon as they're hit).

Throws​

Grab:

HK-47 grabs in front of him with one hand (Generic grabbing motion is generic). Since HK is so tall, the actual grab hitbox is pretty high up (He’s barely able to grab Jigglypuff and the like. Anyone shorter must be grabbed out of the air. Characters with good crouches can duck under the grab). This has long ending lag, but comes out fast, and has range comparable to Zelda’s (Third among non-tethers).

Pummel: Laser Blast

HK-47 fires a blaster into the victim’s gut for 2% damage. This can be spammed pretty effectively (Although it’s usually a better idea to make sure you get the throw off).

Forward Throw: Ion Gun

HK-47 pushes the opponent forwards (No damage) and shoots them with a burst of ion. This deals 2% damage and flinching knockback to most characters. When used on opponents who use electrical devices/weapons (Such as ROB, HK-47 himself, Samus, or Snake), this attack does 10% damage and high knockback (Kills around 180%).

Back Throw: Gravity Generator

HK-47 shoots the opponent and throws them two Battlefield platforms behind him. The victim falls at 1.9x their normal rate until they land on the stage again. This can be used to destroy opponents w/bad recoveries, but they must be lured to the ledge first, so this is heavily telegraphed. It also only does 1% damage.

Up Throw: Time Bomb

HK-47 sticks a bomb onto the opponent’s chest and throws them into the air above him. The bomb explodes for 11% damage and knockback comparable to Link’s bombs, but it doesn’t do it until 10 seconds after the throw. This cannot be shielded or dodged, since the bomb is attached to the victim. However, it can be passed back to HK-47, just like a sticky bomb. The bomb only affects the person it is stuck to. HK only starts the match with three of these. T3 (If he is alive) automatically makes him a new one (Which is instantly ready for use 10 seconds after he runs out.

Down Throw: Throwdown

HK-47 throws his opponents straight downwards, slamming them into the ground for 10% damage. Heavier characters hit the ground, take their damage, and land in their downed positions. If HK has used Systems Hack to get orders from Revan, the lag on his grab is so small that lighter characters can be re-grabbed (With difficulty and good timing) as they bounce back up. Meaning that HK has a chaingrab that only works on lights. It’s not an infinite, though, as they bounce too high, too fast to be re-grabbed at high percents. Effects on individual characters are described below (Organized by weight):

-DK, Dedede, Snake, Bowser, Ganondorf, C. Falcon, Charizard, Ike, Wario, Yoshi, Samus, Link, Wolf, ROB

These characters just go into their downed state after hitting the ground. This throw shouldn’t be used on these guys at all, as they can just use their downed attack for a free hit.

-Ivysaur, Lucario, Mario, Sonic, Luigi

These characters don’t bounce anywhere near high enough to be re-grabbed at low-percents. These guys can be chaingrabbed between 50% and 120% (Varying a bit from character to character).

-Pit, Ness, Lucas, Diddy, Toon Link, Marth, Ice Climbers

These guys can be chaingrabbed between about 30% and 110%.

-ICs, Peach, Falco, Zelda, ZSS, Olimar, Sheik, Pikachu, Kirby, MK, Fox, GW, Squirtle, Jigglypuff

These characters get hit pretty hard. They can be chaingrabbed from 0%, all the way up to about 100% (Again, this varies from character to character).

Situational Attacks​

Ledge Attack < 100: Frag Grenade
HK throws a grenade upward and towards the stage. It explodes at about Pikachu-height, one Kirby-length onto the stage. The explosion is roughly the size of a Bob-omb explosion, and does 5% damage. It only has flinching knockback, however. The priority is fantastic, and there is very little lag on either end of the attack. This should be used to cover for HK as he jumps clear of the ledge and onto the stage.

Ledge Attack > 100: T3-M4 Assist
T3 pops out of the background and zaps the area near the ledge with his interface tool, creating an area in which the air is filled with electricity, doing 4% damage and flinching knockback. This has a large hitbox (The size of Kirby), and good priority, but exposes T3 to damage for a moment, so it generally isn’t worth it.

Downed/Tripped/Flipped Attack: Cloaking Device
(It’s so awesome; it gets to be all three.) HK turns invisible for 6 seconds. While invisible, HK may move about and attack freely. As soon as he lands a hit on an opponent (Or vice versa), the invisibility goes away.

Final Smash

Gun Turret​

HK-47 turns to face the screen and says, "Query: Is there someone that you need killed, master?" before the screen turns into the gun turret-screen from KotOR (Pictured Above(@#!&*%. Picture soon)). The player gains control of the turret, and is able to move the gun and shoot anywhere on the screen (Much like the dragoon, or Snake’s FS). HK-47 remains on the stage, and is invincible for the duration of the attack. There are two different actions that a person can take during the FS:

A: Fire Lasers

A red blaster bolt is fired from the turret, dealing 12% damage and low knockback (It also has transcendent priority) to anyone it hits. These blasters can be fired one after the other to rack up fantastic amounts of damage (Providing you don’t miss).

B: Switch to HK-47

By pressing the Special button, player control is switched back to HK-47, while a Level 7 CPU takes over the turret controls. This might not seem like a good idea, but it does have its advantages. HK is still invincible while you control him, so you can chase the opponent fearlessly. Although you probably won’t do as much damage as you would have if you stuck with the laser, this is probably the better option for KO’ing.

Playstyle​

Playing as HK-47

Playing as HK can be difficult for the best of players. He relies on his projectiles to keep opponents at bay, spacing with his Neutral Aerial, Jab Combo, and occasional F-Smash (Although that should be saved for KO’ing). Early in the match, HK has few options .Against light characters, he can chaingrab to get some free damage, but that isn’t as easy as it sounds. IT’s possible to do it up to around 100%, but it requires very precise timing. Versus fatties, he can only keep them at bay with his long-range attacks and use Systems Hack to get an advantage.

Ironically, HK has some KO’ing difficulties (Except in Stamina mode, in which he is a complete beast that ****s everyone). His best killer can't do its job if the opponent is nearby, and he has no other reliable kill options. HK can use his T3 (Through his aerials and D-Tilt) to set up traps and comboes for him, which do an excellent job of keeping the opponent off-balance and ready for the KO.

Playing Against the Assassin
The most efficient strategy when fighting HK-47 is to close in on him and use short-ranged attacks. This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to pressure him, just stick to up-close and personal fighting, as you’ll be able to interrupt a lot of his attacks and prevent him from using T3 a lot. If this goes against your character’s playstyle, then you might be in for a tough time in this fight.

Taunts/Victory Poses​

None of HK’s taunts have an animation. They all just make him deliver some of his better lines. This can be used in the middle of battle, since they’re virtually lag-less.

Up Taunt:
"Indeed, I am most eager to engage in some unadulterated violence. At your command, of course, master."

Side Taunt:
"Suggestion: Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?"

Down Taunt:
“It is suggested that you run while my blaster warms up, meatbags."

Win Pose 1:
HK reloads his blaster while muttering something about meatbags under his breath.

Win Pose 2:
T3 appears alone on the win screen, spinning around in a circle and beeping delightedly.

Win Pose 3:
The same as Win Pose 2, but HK-47 appears as well, smacking T3 and saying, "Statement: Oh, do shut up, you beeping little trash compactor."

Loss Pose:
HK’s head jerks back and forth while sparks fall off of various parts of his body.

Miscellaneous Info

Series Symbol:

Imperial Logo (This doesn’t really relate to HK, but it’s the best logo for Star Wars, IMO)

Entrance:

HK assembles himself out of a pile of parts that was already lying on the stage, then turns to face the opponent. T3 does the same.

Kirby Hat:

Kirby gains a hat with a face resembling HK’s head, much like Yoshi or Pikachu Kirby Hats. He also gains Sniper Shot. (Yeah, I know it’s the B-Side, not the Neutral B.)

Crowd Chant:
“H K Forty-Seven! H K Forty-Seven! H K Forty-Seven! ”

Snake Codec Conversation

Snake: Otacon, what’s with this overgrown computer and his little buddy?
HK-47: Warning: Prepare to die, meatbag!
Snake:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion

Oh don't worry. I've made another set already in another day and Capsule J2 was made in 4 hours. Anyway, thank you for my many new titles, Hobs. I rather like the sound of graceful honorable Dr. MasterWarlord the high.

I saw your little conversation in the chat about Kaiser, Ocon and Smady. Refresh me as to how moves that kill at 70% aren't kill moves? He has a couple of those, and he has abundant ones that kill at 120% or earlier. Plenty others aren't specified, but "high" knockback is rather intimidating.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
To both Bull and Kaiser: Both of you have done an amazing job making a set with so little to work with. Though they may be kind of wacky at first, they're never OoC. I'm still working on Soda, and I hope he'll get as good reception as Bull and Kaiser did.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
CAPTAIN FALCON

==== Basic Attacks ====

==Ground Attacks==

AN: Jab-Jab-Knee - 3%-2%-6%
Falcon punches whatever is in front of him. It's pretty basic,
and nothing special, with next to no knockback and no KO
potential. If you press it twice, Falcon will punch with his
other hand, and three times, he'll knee his enemy.

There's nothing special to note about this move, other than it
combos into Combo Punch VERY easily.

AN extended: Turbo Punch - 2%
Hold down AN and do the Jab-Jab-Knee to start punching furiously
in front of you: Falcon will punch three times in front of him
at very high speeds, and continue until you release A.

This move is of little value: it leaves you open (you can't move
or shield out of it until it's over), deals little damage and is
easy to escape from, and has zero KO potential. Even worse, it
doesn't trap an enemy in the punches at all, it actually pushes
them away.
One interesting fact about Turbo Punch is that it cancels most
projectiles if they connect.
See the Captain Falcon-specific Strategies for more information
on this.

AF while walking: Kick - 10%
Falcon kicks anything in front of him. Flashy.

This has surprising range and decent damage (little knockback,
though), but you probably won't be taking advantage of it very
often because it relies on you walking, something Falcon should
never be doing. Sorry, Kick. You're just kind of inconvenient to
pull off.

AF while running: Shoulder Bash - 8%
Falcon uses his shoulder and his momentum to tackle his enemy,
sending him flying. After this attack, he's sligthly vulnerable
for a moment as he regains his footing.

This is a good, solid move: it comes out almost instantly, it
takes advantage of Falcon's incredible speed, and it has a decent
amount of knockback (there's no realistic chance of KOing someone
with this, however). I'd get used to using it if I were you,
because against agile enemies like Pikachu, Falcon needs all the
fast attacks he has.
It's most useful for setting up an aerial combo because of its
strange knockback: it knocks an enemy into the air for some
reason, putting them in the ideal Crescent Kick position.

AD: Ground Kick - 10%
While crouching, press A to kick in front of you (it will NOT hit
behind you) to kick about the length of Falcon's body along the
ground. It won't hit anything in the air, but if your enemy is on
the ground, he'll be hit. Or rather, kicked.

This move is pretty valuable. It deals respectable damage, is
easy to connect with (coming out pretty fast), and has more range
than it really should have. It has a fair amount of knockback,
but has no real chance of KOing an opponent except at extremely
high damage (300%+). Still, if you need a fast damage-dealing
attack and your enemy isn't in the air, this is a good move.

AU: 180 Degree Kick - 13%
Falcon kicks everything in front of him, from over his head to
right beneath his ankle, in a 180 degree arc.

I'll be honest: this is not his best move. It's hard to connect,
being slightly slow, and doesn't deal enough damage to be worth
the effort. In addition, it's a non-smash AU attack, making it
somewhat irritating to even use. It's entirely possible you'll
forget you even HAVE it.

AU diagonal: Diagonal Upper Kick - 10%
Captain Falcon kicks at a 45 degree angle in front of him if 0
degrees is right above his head

Fear my incredible naming powers, mortals! Diagonal Upper Kick is
a quick move that might see some use, but has little damage and
knockback. Add to that that it's kind of hard to use in an
emergency (when it'd be most useful), and its usefulness
diminishes even more. This is really only useful for hitting an
enemy attacking you from the air at a very specific angle (like
another Captain Falcon's Knee of Justice), but with its low
priority, many moves will go through it anyway.

AD diagonal: Diagonal Lower Kick - 10%
Captain Falcon kicks at a 75 degree if 0 degrees is right above
his head. The kick itself, I hate to admit, looks kind of girly.

Many Falcon players don't even know this move exists. In
countless brawls, I can think of maybe two times I used it (once
by accident). Seriously though, this move is garbage. The only
thing it can do that other moves can't is hit a fallen or
crawling enemy, and Ground Kick can do that too, but faster and
with more range.

AFS: Elbow of Judgment - 19%-26% (Fire)
Falcon takes his arms, and uses them to put his right elbow in
the enemy's face.

Captain Falcon has one of the best forward smashes in the game.
It's not very fast, but it hits HARD, has nice range, and has a
ton of of knockback. This is an excellent attack you'll need to
learn the ins and outs of. It's also useful for edge-guarding.
This is one of Falcon's best finishing moves because of its
excellent knockback: hit a high-damage enemy with this, and he's
gone.

AUS: Double Upper Kick: 8%-11%, 13%-19%
Falcon kicks upward, and then, just to be a jerk, kicks upward
again.

You might notice this seems a bit weaker than his other smashes.
It's not true. His first kick will hit for 8%-11%, and his
follow-up kick will deal the 13%-19% and the knockback. Don't
worry: no matter how damaged the enemy is, the first hit has
almost no knockback and will try to trap him for the second kick.
Notably, the first kick has SLIGHTLY greater range than the
second one, so it's possible you'll only hit for the weaker
damage and deal no knockback.

This is a great move. The second kick has knockback that is just
absolutely insane, and if your enemy is damaged enough, it WILL
launch them into the stars. If you can predict where an enemy
will land, this is a killer move. You'll be getting used to using
this particular smash, I assure you.

ADS: Double Ground Kick - 18%-25%, 16%-22%
Falcon stands on one leg, and uses the other to kick in front of
him, then behind him a moment later.

This is another excellent smash. Really, when it comes to
smashes, Falcon got lucky. It deals a nice bit of damage, and
once you learn how it hits (it's hard to explain) the enemy,
it'll be one of your best finishers. Because of its low blow, it
makes an excellent edge-guarding move.
It's possible to trap a lightly damaged enemy in both kicks,
dealing nearly double the damage, but it's hard to pull off and
relies on what your enemy does when he's hit.
Note that the "18%-25%" refers to the first kick, and the "16%-
22%" the second kick. The first kick is obviously the slightly
stronger of the two.

A while hanging on an edge: Recovery Kick - 10%
Press A while hanging an edge to kick in front of you as you get
back onto the stage. Every character has this.

It's nothing special. It has some knockback, but not enough to KO
someone. It's only useful for getting your enemy out of your way
as you get back up.

A while hanging on an edge over 100%: Uppercut - 10%
This replaces Recovery Kick. There's nothing to say: it's an
uppercut. Don't expect any KOs from this one: it's a defensive
move. One advantage this does have is higher priority: Wario's
chomp move will eat your Recovery Kick, but not your Uppercut.

A while laying on the ground: Wake-up Kick - 6%
While getting up, Falcon kicks in front of him, then kicks all
around him in 360 degrees.

This is a weak, "get-away-from-me" move that knocks your enemy
back JUST enough for you to get up without being killed. Really,
it's better to just roll away, this deals so little damage and so
little knockback.

There are two Recovery Kicks (one for face-up and one for face-
down), but they are functionally identical.

==Aerial Attacks==

AN: Aerial Double Kick - 4%, 6%
Captain Falcon kicks in front of him while falling, then kicks a
second time. Note: the first kick has greater range than the
second kick.

This is not one of his better moves. Though it comes out fast, it
just lacks damage and knockback. Additionally, the first hit can
knock your enemy out of range of the second. It's also kind of
hard to hit your enemy with.
Really, this is not a move you'll be using very often except to
regain your balance in the air if you're knocked back.

AF: Knee of Justice - 3% or 19%
Falcon knees the air in front of him, dealing damage to anything
directly in front of him. If you barely connect with it, you'll
deal 3% damage and no knockback. If you hit directly with it, so
it connects INSIDE the enemy, you'll deal 19% with significant
knockback.

Also known as "the Knee" and "Falcon Knee", this is one of the
single best moves in the game (in Melee, it may well have been
THE single best move). For real Falcon players, this is as iconic
as Falcon Punch.
Yes, Knee of Justice was nerfed from its godly Melee version, but
it's still a great move. It's probably the best aerial killer in
the game, even after the nerf. Its knockback is horizontal, not
vertical, so keep that in mind.
I've seen this KO mediumweights as low as 60%, so learn to use
this thing. Good Falcon players can use a low jump and connect
with this at almost ground level.
This move, by the way, is easier to land against larger opponents
(Bowser, DK, Ganondorf), but kind of difficult against smaller
ones (Pikachu, Kirby).

Okay, so it seems Nintendo has given this move the official name
of "Knee Smash", but screw that, "Knee of Justice" is a much more
fitting name.

AB: Backhand - 14%
Captain Falcon looks behind him and backhands his enemy, knocking
away anyone trying to take advantage of his vulnerable position.

Another good move, this is basically an inferior version of Knee
of Justice, with all its aspects toned down a bit: less damage,
less knockback, less range. However, it has no "crappy" version
(if you don't hit head-on with Knee of Justice, it'll deal little
damage, with this it doesn't matter), and it's not like you can
knee backwards anyway. You'll want to get used to this move,
because floaty characters like Kirby LOVE trying to attack the
backs of characters who fall kind of slowly like Captain Falcon.
This can KO someone, but don't count on it to do so, it's really
meant as a defensive attack.

AU: Crescent Kick - 13%-10%
Captain Falcon kicks in a half-circle around himself, dealing
damage to anything that gets in his legs' way. The beginning of
the kick deals more damage than the end.

This is a solid move. It hits anything above or in front of you
and has some knockback. Its knockback is enough to push away
someone trying to attack you, but not enough to KO anyone who
isn't heavily damaged. Its real advantage IS its underwhelming
knockback: wait for someone to fall, Crescent Kick him, double-
jump, and Crescent Kick him again, and if you're lucky, AGAIN.
Crescent Kick's strength is in dealing damage, not KOing people,
and in that, it excels.

AD: Falcon Stomp - 14%
Captain Falcon takes a second, and then kicks anything directly
below him down to the ground. It leaves him slightly vulnerable
for a moment.

Another great aerial move, this is one of the game's best meteor
smashes. For those unfamiliar with the term, a meteor smash
knocks its target directly downward, making them ideal for KOing
enemies foolish enough to be over pits (of the non-angelic
variety). Really, this is a great move: it's not a fast meteor
smash, but it's a powerful one. One problem with it is that when
you use this move, you ARE going down with your enemy, so you'll
have to be prepared to recover or you'll lose a life.

==== Special Attacks ====

B: Falcon Punch - 27%-28% (Fire)
Falcon takes a full second to prepare himself, then punches in
front of him with an epic falcon shape made of fire. He also
yells out "FALCON... PAWNCH!" as he does this. This punch is
powerful and has extremely high knockback.
If you press the opposite direction of where you're facing at the
beginning of this move, while charging his punch, Falcon will
turn around and perform a Reverse Falcon Punch. It's slightly
more powerful than the normal version.

Captain Falcon's signature move: the Falcon Punch. One of the
game's most powerful moves, newbies often assume it's useless
because of its slow speed. It's true that Falcon Punch is slow,
but it as as powerful as moves get, easily capable of KOing even
medium damaged enemies with its knockback.
However, it takes strategy to use this move correctly. Simply
going up to an enemy and trying to Falcon Punch him will get you
killed.
The best way to use this move is while falling: jump towards your
enemy (preferably while he's doing something: grabbing an item,
beating up another player, ect.) and punch while in the air.
Falcon will wind up in the air but punch on the ground, and
hopefully the move will connect.
Note: this is Falcon's single most powerful move, stronger even
than a fully-charging Elbow of Judgment or Knee of Justice.

B-side: Raptor Boost - 7% (Fire)
On the ground: Falcon runs forward and performs a fiery uppercut,
sending his enemies upwards. If he misses, he falls down and gets
up again.
In the air: Falcon launches himself forward (but not upward), and
punches his enemy directly downward. He also "leapfrogs" over
him, moving further forward and allowing Falcon to perform
another move. If he doesn't hit anything, he goes into helpless
falling mode.

Raptor Boost may not be as flashy as Falcon's other moves, but
it's no less useful. Unlike his other special moves (which have
horizontal knockback), Raptor Boost has vertical knockback,
though it's not powerful enough to KO an enemy by itself.

If used in the air, it instead knocks the enemy downward, acting
as one of Falcon's two meteor smashes. If you use this for
recovery, it'll put Falcon into helpless falling mode once it's
over UNLESS you hit someone with it, whereupon Falcon will be
ready for another move (preferably Falcon Dive).
Raptor Boost doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's not a
KOer, it's meant for setting up enemies for air combos and
killing computer teams (both of which it does quite well).
Note that Raptor Boost has strangely high priority: if you
connect with another move, more than likely this is going
through.
Raptor Boost will reflect most projectiles if you hit one with
it, such as Link's arrows, but not the stronger ones, like a
charge shot from Samus.
This move is notable for the lack of speech: it's Falcon's only
special move that doesn't involve yelling out SOMETHING.

B-up: Falcon Dive - 5% (None), 12% (Fire)
Captain Falcon dives upward (in the future, we don't need
physics). He tries to grab an enemy in the air. If he succeeds,
a moment after grabbing the target he causes an explosion that
sends him flying while Falcon deftly jumps away.
If Falcon succeeds in performing the move on an enemy, he can use
another move, if he doesn't connect with anyone (say, by using it
as a recovery move) then he's put into helpless falling mode.

The grabbing part deals 5% damage, and the explosion deals 12%
fire damage. If he succeeds in the move, he yells out "Yes!"
Meet Captain Falcon's recovery move. It's nothing particularly
special as a recovery move, and indeed, there are many better
ones (freaking Pit and his freaking flying). Falcon Dive is a
completely average move for recovery purposes, and there's
nothing special to say about it at all. It's not even flashy.
As an attack, it is equally lackluster. Falcon takes a moment to
actually USE the move, making it hard to hit with, and the damage
is not impressive, nor is the knockback. You might not ever even
use this as an attack.
Notably, if you use this move on something that can't be grabbed
(bosses in single-player mode), the 5% grabbing damage will be
dealt, but not the 12% fire damage.

B-down: Falcon Kick - 12%-14% (Fire)
On the ground: Falcon takes a moment, and charges forward with a
fiery kick while yelling out "FALCON KICK!". This has some
serious ending lag.
In the air: Falcon takes a moment, and charges downward with a
fiery kick while yelling out "FALCON KICK!". This has some
serious landing lag if you reach the ground, otherwise you finish
the move in midair.

Falcon Kick, the "other" obnoxious Captain Falcon move. It'll
place you in the direction you're looking, and deal some damage
to anything in between you and the point you stop, but not enough
to KO anyone. Falcon Kick is strictly a damage-dealing move, and
not even Falcon's best one. It does, however, have absolutely
insane priority: this will go through almost any other move.
Falcon Kick CAN KO someone at very high damage (200% or so), so
if you're fighting someone fast and damaged, and you can't quite
land a good smash attack, use this if you can.
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE: It is no longer possible to use the
Falcon Kick-Double Jump trick like it was in Melee. Don't try,
you'll get yourself killed.

Final Smash: Blue Falcon - 10%, 20%, 10%
Captain Falcon calls his F-Zero machine, the Blue Falcon. It
flies in front of him, and anyone directly in front of Falcon is
dragged onto it. They're then deposited onto a racetrack, and run
over by Captain Falcon at very high speeds. They are THEN
launched and killed in an overly elaborate manner. It's missing a
"FALCON RUN YOU OVER AT MACH 5!" if you ask me.

Blue Falcon will kill any target at almost any percent. I've seen
a few ways to survive: hitting a wall (Mushroomy Kingdom is not
your friend), having less than 20% damage as a heavyweight on a
large stage, and so on. But this will still kill almost any enemy
at almost any percentage on almost any stage.
It should be noted that nothing else happens while Captain Falcon
does this move: it's like a movie: he runs over the enemies he
hit with the Blue Falcon, and the stage disappears until it's
over. It's the only one of its kind.

==== Throws ====

Z: Grab
Falcon grabs anyone directly in front of him. He does not have a
long grab like Samus or Link. It deals no damage by itself, but
sets up an enemy for a throw.

Z or A while grabbing someone: Knee - 2%
Falcon knees the person he's grabbed for 2% damage. It's possible
to get as many as four attacks on your enemy before he escapes,
though more likely he'll escape by mashing buttons before you get
all four hits.

F while grabbing someone: Forward Throw - 4%, 5%
Falcon punches the person he's holding, knocking them forwards.
The punch deals 4% damage, the letting go 5%. It knocks the enemy
back forwards.
B while grabbing someone: Backward Throw - 8%, 1%
Falcon kicks the enemy he's holding backward, launching him
backwards. The kick deals 8% damage, then almost immediately 1%
more damage.
U while grabbing someone: Upward Throw - 4%, 3%
Falcon uppercuts his victim, launching him upwards. It deals 4%
damage, then another 3%.
D while grabbing someone: Downward Slam - 7%
Falcon slams the enemy onto the ground, knocking them forwards.
It deals some damage and some knockback, but not a lot.

==== Taunts ====

L/RD-Pad: Come on!
Falcon faces forward, does a hand gesture, and yells "Come on!",
presumably asking his enemies to attack him. This is almost
identical to one of Fox's taunts.
UD-Pad: Fiery Falcon
Falcon ignites fire in himself (?) and makes a "Grrrr" sound. It
lacks his signature.... coolness. Don't use this taunt.
DD-Pad: Show me your moves!
Falcon faces the screen, salutes, and requests that his enemies
show him their moves.

Smady

Smash Master
I saw your little conversation in the chat about Kaiser, Ocon and Smady. Refresh me as to how moves that kill at 70% aren't kill moves? He has a couple of those, and he has abundant ones that kill at 120% or earlier. Plenty others aren't specified, but "high" knockback is rather intimidating.
It's not like those moves are long-ranged or even fast, though. In fact, most of Kaiser's moves are pretty slow.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
To both Bull and Kaiser: Both of you have done an amazing job making a set with so little to work with. Though they may be kind of wacky at first, they're never OoC. I'm still working on Soda, and I hope he'll get as good reception as Bull and Kaiser did.
Well, I wouldn't say Bull and Kaiser NEVER go OOC. . .(Up special and final smash, respectively), but point taken. Glad you enjoyed Bull (I can't speak for Kaiser, obviously). Ironic that you hope Soda gets as good a reception as Bull and Kaiser, considering how their reception got so utterly *****.

It's not like those moves are long-ranged or even fast, though. In fact, most of Kaiser's moves are pretty slow.
While that's true, he can still damage rack when under 50% in addition to KOing with no real drawbacks, and considering he can manipulate his percentage so well. . .He can do whatever he wants. Also, his broken grab game is unaffected by percentage, so he can bthrow at any time he so desires to get up a foe's percentage regardless of his own.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
....Was the Captain Falcon moveset really needed? >_>

Anyway, i just skimmed through HK-47, and from that skim, it looks good. However, that down special sounds kinda...complicated. I don't know...maybe it's because i don't like pressing buttons in a certain order in smash...meh, just my 2 cents. I don't know much about Star Wars other than the movies, so otherwise, it seems like a Solid moveset...I'll read it in more detail later.

Anyway, i'm halfway done Itachi, and i hopefully want him to be posted this week. After that, i got...*sigh* school. Then i won't be working on movesets as much :ohwell:. Though i have some time, maybe Blue/Gary will be my next moveset...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom