• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
ok really you guys?
There is nothing important going on. Im trying to restric myslef from this talk because I have huge personal bias against how Omni plays and I would love to see him gone. Unfortunately that isnt too fair so Im omitting myself from this talk.
omis what is wrong with the way that i play

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Page Break Vote Count

[1]Marshy:Frozenflame
[3]Omni: Marshy, KevinM, Gheb
[2]McFox: Mentosman, Cacti
[1]Gheb: Mcfox
[2]Cacti: Riddle, Omni

[2]Not Voting: Rockin, Omis

It takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 7th. EST

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Omni you try and break the game, you've done it disney mafia and other games that I'm reading now its terrible.

You rely on Name and Role claims way to hard, which only benefit mafia. I'm sure if we keep you around and I somehow die eventually you will push the town into nameclaiming and then the weaker town claims will die while mafia assuredly has safe claims.

Because thats been the new thing around SWF.

You play arrogantly, you're stubborn, and you never change your views no matter how wrong they are.

It's detrimental to town.

Omni

BRoomer
Omni you try and break the game, you've done it disney mafia and other games that I'm reading now its terrible.

You rely on Name and Role claims way to hard, which only benefit mafia. I'm sure if we keep you around and I somehow die eventually you will push the town into nameclaiming and then the weaker town claims will die while mafia assuredly has safe claims.

Because thats been the new thing around SWF.

You play arrogantly, you're stubborn, and you never change your views no matter how wrong they are.

It's detrimental to town.
i disagree.

disney mafia was my first mafia game ever. i learned very harshly that my play there was bad and accepted responsibility. i changed my view on how i played the game from that point. the only other game that i've tried to "break" was disney mafia. you have never played another mafia game in which i have attempted to break the game so if your judging me based on my first game of mafia i've ever played you're a joke.

you're wrong that i would name claim in this game. stop trying to assume you know everything.

i play arrogantly (i'm blunt) and i am stubborn but i have sat here and asked how my play is anti-town and how it is scummy and no one has been able to produce anything of value until your post here. you cannot say that i am not willing to change when i've already made posts asking people what makes my play incorrect.

again, stop judging me based on disney mafia. i learned the hard way that attempting to metagame a mafia game was a bad idea.

Omni

BRoomer
and kevin if you were such a great player and knew that my play was horrible you should've stepped up and put me in my place as the veteran you are. instead you went ahead with my plan instead of explaining how it was such a "horrible" plan. why is that? dont tell me you were too lazy to explain, but if u're not going to stop a newbie townie from making a bad idea in their first mafia game than that makes you as useless as any scum who supports my horrible idea

Omni

BRoomer
tired of this game being about me. i think you were immature to start it off that way Kevin. be mature enough to drop it so we can actually play the game.

consider everything above as partial rvs and everyone move on

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Omis, even if you wanna stay out of the Omni debate there's still the case against Cacti. Nothing happens if you just wait ...

:059:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
and kevin if you were such a great player and knew that my play was horrible you should've stepped up and put me in my place as the veteran you are. instead you went ahead with my plan instead of explaining how it was such a "horrible" plan. why is that? dont tell me you were too lazy to explain, but if u're not going to stop a newbie townie from making a bad idea in their first mafia game than that makes you as useless as any scum who supports my horrible idea
Err I was dead the whole time, not much I could have done brah.

Omni

BRoomer
Err I was dead the whole time, not much I could have done brah.
i issued the plan d1 before anyone died. no johns. u did take part in my plan either because u didnt see what was wrong with it or u didnt care to stop it even tho u felt it was wrong. either way, you were okay with my massive metagame so take some of the responsibility as well.

no one was forced to follow my plan. anyone could have called me out on how stupid it was yet not one did. if i had known it was a bad idea from the get go it never would have went out

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Cacti, ironically I skimmed your post about the fact that you were skimming. Still, me countering Gheb =/= me defending you, in order to lynch you later.

Marshy, I suppose I'll answer when you actually have something to say? I know how you get when the stars align over someone.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ugh, I finally get to post here. So sorry guys XD

When reading from start to current, I thought it was slightly stupid for town to jump on Omni because of his 'sudden' mistake. Anti-town IMO wouldn't really play it like that (however, this doesn't quite let Omni off the hook >>). I'm not sure what else to really say about this. Obviously he was excited about his role, but I'm not sure why. For now, I'm keeping Omni off my mind as a possible scum.

Then I looked at Cacti's post

Vote: Omni

For now.
He basically jumped on the bw with a 'for now' post. A bit scummy.

Why is omni suddenly posting so anti-town... And in lowercases? It seems like he might be fool or has to post like this.
psuedo scumhunting with the 'lower case' bit. Why would it really matter? Same issue on the role bit. >>

I had joined the wagon because I wanted to see how Omni would respond (keep in mind I did not know I put him at L-2). He hadn't really said anything before as to why he was acting so oddly, and I wanted to know why. Now that he has responded, I don't really think that he's mafia, but everyone seems to be acting correctly.

Unvote: Omni
Pretty crappy reason of voting. Not to mention his post after he voted, Gheb clearly said he was currently on L-2. Not like it'd been that hard to read it (the last post being the 'psuedo scumhunting' one).

My biggest fos (which is not very big) would be McFox, who seems like he's trying to keep scummish/weak townies alive so he can have easy candidates to lynch the following days; me (looking more closely back, I see how scummy my posts were, and yes, I admit I was skimming and not really paying attention), as I find it strange he voted Gheb for keeping his vote on Omni, while he's already explained why he's fine with lynching him, if he's town, it's not all bad, as he was being detrimental.
I was actually talking about myself, as I am new to forum mafia and I see how I was acting scummish...
That bolded part is what Cacti responds to (from Mcfox I mean). What? So you're trying to keep weak red herrings and townies alive? How does that even make sense? It was clear you was talking about Mcfox. Stop lying.

I think I have problems with decisions. I tend to doubt myself on voting people...

But, Vote: McFox for reasons stated before.[/b]

Ugh, furthermore, you're voting for someone even though you admitted that the FOS on him was weak. Scummy.

Vote: Cacti

Riddle, the reason I didn't unvote Omni after Cacti's vote is because I don't mind if Omni is lynched. If he's scum it's good and if he is town then he doesn't help town at all - at this point it doesn't matter to me if he's town alligned or not.
So are you saying that you'll always vote for Omni no matter what alignment in future games?

Omis - Stop being quiet and speak up. If you're gonna let Omni scare you off/make you quiet, then that's pretty bad. You shouldn't let one person make you biased of them. How can you expect to have fun? Furthermore, how can you expect to help town?

please get more active and share your thoughts in the discussion.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No no no, you misinterpreted too. What Cacti meant was that I was trying to keep him alive, and he was accusing himself of being scummy and weak.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin I don't know if you noticed, but that case is like the exact same case as mine >.>
Well it's not the exact thing as mine. Your case speaks about him skimming while mine is more of him 'acting like he didn't see it.' Still, sorry about that XD;;

No no no, you misinterpreted too. What Cacti meant was that I was trying to keep him alive, and he was accusing himself of being scummy and weak.
But why would he consider himself a 'weak' townie? He should have a bit more confidence in himself. Granted, I don't expect anyone to play like the vets, there should be some level of decent play. If he plays with a brain, he shouldn't have to worry about himself being both scummy and weak. Even without that quote, that doesn't give him much excuse for the other things Riddle and I pointed out.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I should get caught up on this sometime today... Got kinda caught up(as in, my attention was held by, I know somewhat confusing use of words but I can't think of another good way to put it) in the games further along and forgot to keep up here. Also Gheb, FF was V/LA till yesterday I believe, so I assume he'll probably be posting here shortly.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
But why would he consider himself a 'weak' townie? He should have a bit more confidence in himself. etc.
Right, my point was just that you can't call him a liar when it was your (and my) fault for missing the point of what he was saying initially.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mid Page Vote Count

[1]Marshy: Frozenflame
[3]Omni: Marshy, KevinM, Gheb
[2]McFox: Mentosman, Cacti
[1]Gheb: Mcfox
[3]Cacti: Riddle, Omni, Rockin

[1]Not Voting: Omis

It takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 7th. EST

Riddle

Smash Lord
Kevin....please explain your vote. I think I know why Marshy voted KEvin. But seriously you guys both shouldn't make posts that only have voting.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I found it odd he was on the Omni bandwagon but came in and asked if Mcfox was dead yet.

If he wants to stick his neck out there and ask if someones dead he better have a reason for it or at least back it up with his vote.

Also: REALLY odd at you "knowing" why Marshy voted for me.

He didn't say ANYTHING, want to explain?

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm assuming he voted you because you voted with absolutely no reason. I've actually seen you do the same thing.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
FoS Marshy for randomly throwing out "XY dead yet?" nonsense and his OMGUS vote. Can't see this being any helpful for town. Kevin justified his vote for you - you better do the same now.
How is McFox a "blatant scumbag" and why do you still vote Omni (or now Kevin) then?

Unvote either way because it seems like Cacti or Marshy are being more suspicious than Omni right now. Speaking of Cacti he hasn't posted in almost 3 days ... if he doesn't post today he'll pass the 72 hour line for prodding. Plus FrozenFlame, Omis and mentos still have to post something with substance. Step it up, guys.

:059:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote

So dar all I've seen today is the game "X player's attitude sucks balls lets kill 'em" early game ****.

Pretty tough to scum hunt from that.

Marshy, why McFox? I'm curious.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Prod: Mentos

And it looks like Marshy is just randomly voting people and spouting stuff, as riddle said... Unless he has anything else to say.

Riddle

Smash Lord
THE SPECIAL INACTIVITY ROLE IS NOT IN EFFECT. DO NOT TRY TO PROD PEOPLE AS I WILL BE VERY ANNOYED.

Yeah I just mini-modded. Get at me Macman.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
McFox summons Massive Wall-O-Text!

In an effort to actually get more people talking , here's everything that I find noteworthy about this day thus far. Maybe it'll spark something. We'll see.

~~~~~~~~~

mentos said:
Vote: McFox

McFox=Falcone=Italian crime family=mafia. End of story.
Yeah, this vote is still sitting on me. mentos, if you really want to vote for me then fine, but man, you need to get in the game.

Gheb said:
You still have no reason to post it right in public unless you want to cause confusion. Otherwise you just could've asked Macman via AIM/PM to make sure that nobody reads it. Town would rather avoid attention especially for such a silly reason. Wasn't your intention though.

Also your OMGUS is hopelessly stupid.
1) I still feel that this was a pretty intense pounce. Yeah, he could've clarified with Mac privately, but it doesn't really seem to be a scumtell to me either.

2) His vote for you was not an OMGUS, as you had not voted for him yet. You did so in your next post, essentially turning your vote into the OMGUS.

Cacti said:
Why is omni suddenly posting so anti-town... And in lowercases? It seems like he might be fool or has to post like this.
This was incredibly weak. Riddle found an instance of Omni capitalizing immediately, and Omni had clearly been explaining his actions for his previous few posts.

Before this post and after this post, Omni and Gheb were continuing their WIFOM game. I found they just kept repeating themselves... repeatedly. I found nothing compelling about Gheb's argument against Omni at all.

Omis said:
ok really you guys?
There is nothing important going on. Im trying to restric myslef from this talk because I have huge personal bias against how Omni plays and I would love to see him gone. Unfortunately that isnt too fair so Im omitting myself from this talk.
That is an incredibly weak reason to continue to coast. "Nothing important is going on"? If nothing's going on, that's bad, and as town, it's your job to make something go on. Continuing to not contribute helps no one but scum.

And here are my thoughts on the remaining players:

frozen - hasn't said much, but was V/LA for a while. Mentioned that it difficult to scumhunt from what has transpired (true), but we have to make it happen.

Riddle - seems to be trying to actively contribute, but I don't consider skimming a bit to be a huge WTF scumtell. Yes, sometimes it is, but sometimes you do just have to try and keep up with the game, but you aren't able to actively scrutinize every word that's been written. As has been shown in this topic (when I skimmed Cacti's post), sometimes it just happens.

Marshy - seems to be playing the way he always does.

Kev - seems to be playing the way he always does.

~~~~~~~~~

McFox summons Tom!

Tom uses Ask a Bunch of Questions to Everyone!

Marshy - I figured you were just looking for a rise out of me, as you didn't even vote for me while accusing me of being scum. Why the OMGUS on Kev?

frozen - you, Kev, and Marshy are probably the people in this game who have been playing the longest. Do Kev and Marshy seem to be playing normally to you? What are your usual strategies for scumhunting on D1, if things are moving slowly?

Omni - going from actively contributing to actively coasting when the fire comes under you? From where I'm sitting, that doesn't look good at all.

Kev - you mentioned that Omni is the only lynch you'd support toDay. Do you still hold by that, or do you think that Omni could actually contribute to the town (assuming that he is town)? (I noticed that you ninja'd an answer to this as I was writing this post, but I'd still like to hear the answer. Do you think Omni could be an asset to town, or are you just that vehemently against the way he plays?)

Gheb - if you omitted Omni's first few posts of the day, would you still find him suspicious?

mentos - do you actually suspect me, or is that just a leftover joke vote? What are your thoughts on Omni vs. Gheb that's taken up the majority of the day?

Cacti - don't feel pressured to unvote someone if you actually find them scummy, even if people counter your argument. Mafia is all about investigating your hunches and sticking with what you think is right. Don't be too easy to sway, because while town is trying to steer you in the right direction, scum will be trying to steer you in the wrong direction. Who else do you suspect besides me?

Riddle - almost all of your posts have been about Gheb and/or Cacti. What do you think about the more veteran members playing? Marshy? Kev? frozen?

Rockin - your only major post of the day is a case against Cacti. What would you suggest to pull out other players who aren't posting much?

Omis - who are you currently suspicious of? If it's Omni, say so, but is there anyone else?

Riddle

Smash Lord
@McFox Marshy is bugging me a bit but not nearly so much as cacti. Kevin is impossible to get a read on he always plays the same. Frozen is pretty inactive so also hard to get a read on. No problem from him yet.

Omni

BRoomer
Omni - going from actively contributing to actively coasting when the fire comes under you? From where I'm sitting, that doesn't look good at all.
So dar all I've seen today is the game "X player's attitude sucks balls lets kill 'em" early game ****.

Pretty tough to scum hunt from that.
are you suggesting that kevin is bringing some sort of heat? please feel free to point out anything in kevin's argument that's actually tangible and not him just whining like he always does

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
@McFox, I guess that my other suspicion would be Omis, as now looking back I found this post odd:

ok really you guys?
Omis pops in to give a reason for him to not talk after two prods, maybe so he wouldn't say anything scummish, then does not respond to Omni's post after:

omis what is wrong with the way that i play
It looks like that this post was made minutes after his, and Omis is avoiding talk. I'd like to hear from him, and Mentos too.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Rofl Omni is making it easier by being blatantly scummy and trying to write off arguments.

It's an easy D1 lynch for me.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Omni said:
are you suggesting that kevin is bringing some sort of heat? please feel free to point out anything in kevin's argument that's actually tangible and not him just whining like he always does
I wasn't talking about Kev at all. You started coasting before Kev switched gears back to you, because too many people were on your back, or so it seems.

Top Bottom