• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Aracade II: Metaflair's Revenge! Results

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
1. Xisin :marth: ($77.00)
2. Overswarm :metaknight: :bowser: :fox: :rob: ( :random: (round robin) ($42.00)
3. Kel :snake: :metaknight: :popo: ( :random: (round robin) ($21.00)
4. Mister Eric :rob:
5. Zeni :kirby:
5. Crash :luigi2:
7. Greggu :luigi2:
7. Mayling :pit:

Cutoff ----------------------------

9. VaMP :lucario:
10. Ttar :lucario:
11. Chris Forever :ike:
12. Metaflair :pt:
13. Shyguy :lucas:
14. CX841 :marth:

Turnout was rough but we still had fun. We decided on doing a smashfest til singles time, then we did a round robin tournament. The round robin was used to seed the brackets.

Round robin results:

1: Xisin
2: OS
3: Kel
4: Greggu
5: Zeni
6: Mister Eric
7: Mayling
8: Cr4sh
9: VaMP
10: Ttar
11: Chris Forever
12: Metaflair
13: Shyguy
14: CX841

Fun tournament overall, we did some crew battles afterward, played some melee and had a nice time.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Greatest tournament i ever went to. shoutouts =D.

1. Xisin ($77.00): Marth too good :D. congratz on winning the tournament and i look forward to losing to you again next time.
2. Overswarm ($42.00): your too good too. keep on repping rob since theres not enough, and lol at our random match. pt v luigi xD. congratz on second
3. Kel ($21.00): cant believe you got mk on japes T_T. Good games hope to play you again at another tournament. congratz on third.
4. Mister Eric: you timed me out on japes :( lol keep on repping rob and since i help you with the mk matchup, can you help me with the rob matchup? :O.
5. Zeni : lol you got timed out on japes.
5. Crash : keep on repping luigi and keep on getting better. thanks for the ride back, enjoy'd hanging out with you.
7. Greggu : Nice meeting you. keep on getting better with luigi. great friendlies and i enjoy'd hanging out with you. really funny day/night.
7. Mayling : :D pittos are too fun. your starting to wreck me too much, and your pit is way better then mine. teach me pit next time we see eachother? also enjoy'd hanging out with you. you are so fun to talk to :).
9. VaMP : good games, lucario is so mean ;'(
10. Ttar : omg you totally should have made it to tournament :(. Keep on getting better, you scared the crap out of me xD. prolly hung out with you the most, enjoyed talking to you and cant wait to talk to you again at the next tournament we both go to. btw i still owe s2 a fudge round.
11. Chris Forever :great ike, if it wasnt ike, you so would be top 5.
12. Metaflair : lol our matches were amazing. your so fun to fight, you keep the match exciting and entertaining, yet your still serious. enjoy'd talking to you too.
13. Shyguy : keep repping lucas, you are really good with him :).
14. CX841

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wish you would have said top 8 went to the bracket in the beginning, I would have gone random more often :[

poor people that got my MK inbetween did not have a fun time

Delvro

Smash Ace
This tournament has proven that a small tournament does not necessarily mean a bad one. Getting to play everybody else in official tounament matches was great. Round robin was the best idea ever, especially since I get to play people that normally don't want to play me.

Congrats Xisin on getting 1st
Zenigame you'd better watch out... you may have gotten me in bracket but I got you in pools... it's not over yet

One last thing......... weegee dittos are silly

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I totally could have done better...I always flub up in close games :/

Shoutouts:

1: Xisin- Good ****
2: OS- I got lucky, lol
3: Kel
4: Greggu- 4th in the round robin? ****, good job bro
5: Zeni- fun hanging out with you bro, you were better than I expected :x
Oh, and Wooper is the cutest thing on the planet
6: Mister Eric- beepbeep, close games bro
7: Mayling- Your Pit seems to be getting better at the same rate as my Lucario, if not faster! Oh, and save that paint. I want a cool controller too!
8: Cr4sh- thanks for bringing me bro, fun games, fun getting yelled at by random cars
9: VaMP- shoulda stuck around longer, we still have a MM to do!
10: Ttar- too busy playing Heartgold you idiot
11: Chris Forever- shocked the hell out of me, thats the last time I underestimate an Ike
12: Metaflair- by far the funniest guy I've played with. Too bad about the arcade though :/
13: Shyguy- Unlike most Lucas' I've seen/played, you seem like you have potential. If you're friends with Eric, I can see you getting better
14: CX841- What is this I don't even

Really fun time, I'm gonna miss the arcade

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah, Xisin, you should probably NOT have me as an MK, or really an IC. I used Random, Snake, ICs, and Dedede and GAW more than MK that tournament. If you're putting me down as things besides Snake it's definitely random, followed by the other mentioned characters.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Yeah, Xisin, you should probably NOT have me as an MK, or really an IC. I used Random, Snake, ICs, and Dedede and GAW more than MK that tournament. If you're putting me down as things besides Snake it's definitely random, followed by the other mentioned characters.
Now, now. I put you down as precisely what you used against me, we played 1 game with you as snake 1 game IC and 2 games mk. When you went mk it wasnt random against me, don't try and play it off as it was... as i saw you pick it >_>

Can you also put me as Fox and Bowser
OS you went ALL mk all games against me sans 1 pools game which you went rob. so right there is 4 bracket games and 1 pool game as mk.

As far as both of you going random in pools (round robin.) against various people (neither went random against me.) I cannot help that and will not list all your characters. The characters you see listed are in bracket games only if you made the bracket, since pools don't seem to count with you guys (as shown by going random.) I didn't list em. as far as i know you two just went strange characters against one another in bracket.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
did i go kirby the whole bracket? oops lol xD i just noticed that xD. Bracket was so fun.... until i got timed out on japes :(. lol

@Greg: your totally gonna **** mah face next time D:. You had me scared the whole match :(.

@Ttar: lol. Omg Wooper is soo cute. It's like "PET ME!!!" when it looks at the screen. so cute T_T.

Kel

Smash Master
Now, now. I put you down as precisely what you used against me, we played 1 game with you as snake 1 game IC and 2 games mk. When you went mk it wasnt random against me, don't try and play it off as it was... as i saw you pick it >_>
Oh, I wasn't aware that WHAT I PICKED AGAINST YOU COUNTED AS THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT.

Seriously Xisin, I don't like your attitude. You complained and moaned and johned all over when I beat you, but then you were patronizing me and saying "good game" all sly when you won. That's poor sportsmanship. Man up and take your losses with the wins.

Second of all, the ONLY time I picked mk that WHOLE TOURNAMENT was against you because OS wanted it to be me and him as 1 + 2. Just because I used those characters vs you doesn't mean I used them the whole tournament. You're being very egocentric by saying "this is what you used against me so this is all that counts". You aren't the whole tournament. People have been IMing me asking "what happened?" and I have to tell them that you're withholding information because you WANT TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK BETTER. After I explain that I mained snake and only picked MK the one set they understand better.

That's really shady and not very fair the way you've been handling yourself man.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I'm only going to address you once. then you can have your last word and what not... I don't care as it won't bother me. I beat your MK 1 game in winners finals Saturday, I beat your mk in a set solidly in July and i beat your snake Saturday in pools as well as in game 1 winners finals. It's not my fault that you decided to goof off until OS yelled at you, so don't whine to me about it.

If you want me to set you as random then sure I'll do it, you seem to forget that you random'd mk at least 2 times in sets that potentially saved the set for you in game 3 situations... talk about luck i guess. the fact you two decided to horse around in round robin until you thought you were in danger of not getting top 4 is egocentric not the fact that I'm telling people how things happened. All of KY saw it too... it wasn't just me.

The poor sportsmanship... I think that your displaying it now by simply johning about why you didn't take second place in a "silly" Kentucky tournament, bottom line is I didn't force you to go random, and I was too busy managing the round robin to really care what assortment of fruity characters you decided to go that day.

Don't accuse me of hiding things when A. I showed the bracket and B. showed what character you lost as in bracket... I can't see how clearer it could be... Frankly i never implied nor said you went all mk against me so i wouldn't damage your ego, hell I even listed the characters you predominantly used in the order of how often you used them, simply put I saw you mk vs zeni and mk vs another person... I think it was Crash, later i was told you random'd them... hell in pools you beat Crash because you random'd into Snake AND MK in the same set. in pools you gave me the enjoyment of your Snake. I'll go fix that and put a big ? next to your name and then right beside of it I'll put (pools) just to show the Truth.

Ask Os I'll say good game and shake his hand when he kicks my tail in a set just as I'll say good game when i win. But you wouldn't know since... you haven't taken a set off me in tourney play since you last March. Sorry I smile as i may just.. .take a little enjoyment in taking sets off people who are perceived better at this game than me.

Don't try to belittle these results... which you are. They only tell what happened at this tournament, and my friend results do not lie.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd still like to have Fox and Bowser in the results by me. I used them more than ROB. I used ROB in one game in pools vs. you Xisin just to show you the bair trick >_>

While Kel may be a little off base, the sets vs. you aren't the only ones that matter :p

It was a round robin tournament with virtually no prize difference, so I don't think we were being very "egocentric" for going random / other characters. I think his beef is that you are treating this like an actual tournament rather than what it was, but I dunno. All I know is that I beat Mister Eric with Fox and it was the most fun I've had in a set in a long time.

Also Cr4sh got a lot better, and it was kind of frightening.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Hey, Os It wasnt my intention nor did I even say that the sets vs me are the only ones that mattered, I'm just listing what I saw him using and I cannot possibly keep track of what all of his character choices were throughout the whole time. You beat me in the round robin with mk and rob yes as matter of fact you 3 stocked me with rob, not afraid to admit it lol. Point being I only reported character choice from what i saw in the bracket, and that is what you see since the bracket decided where the money went.

While Kel may be a little off base, the sets vs. you aren't the only ones that matter :p

It was a round robin tournament with virtually no prize difference, so I don't think we were being very "egocentric" for going random / other characters. I think his beef is that you are treating this like an actual tournament rather than what it was, but I dunno. All I know is that I beat Mister Eric with Fox and it was the most fun I've had in a set in a long time.
As I stated i used character form the brackets, but since it was requested so much I'll put what was used in round robin - including random. and what I meant by belittling is he's coming off as trying to justify his loss because he used the random button against everyone at the tournament- Which just simply isn't true. last edit - promise - I'm also not saying hey! the most important sets in a tournament or in this one was the ones you had against me. I think that the most important sets to anyone regarding perfomance are either the grand finals or the set you lost in, as they determine what place you get. Simply put his most important sets were the ones he lost. If anyone wants super detailed results I can post up the round robin results and therefor show everyone every set played in tourney.

Anyway shout outs:

2. Overswarm ($42.00) - Again always have fun playing you, glad to have you around as always.

3. Kel ($21.00) - not sure what to say.

4. Mister Eric - Beep Beep! you got me on our set! owned me hard on frigate.

5. Zeni - You need to settle down with just one character :p you'd develop a lot better if you mastered one then worked on secondaries.

5. Crash - Thanks for the help with picking up people i owe ya there.

7. Greggu - good placing in the robin, keep your head up during bad times with smash though, your mood and everyones mood while playing affects their play. I know this by heart for myself.

7. Mayling - Beast job in crews, crew mvp with 5 stocks haha. keep up the pit

Cutoff ----------------------------

9. VaMP - thanks for coming down from Indiana, and sorry about how you felt mid way through the tourney, just don't let a bad day get to ya.

10. Ttar - Improving with that lucario, you had me worried on the mansion.

11. Chris Forever - I didn't get to see you play that much! So i can't say much

12. Metaflair - WOOOOO

13. Shyguy - In the words of Tyr... "Marth is gay." sorry about the match up and how marth plays it.

14. CX841 - was fun meeting another person interested in Marth... you know how to contact me if you want to play.

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
OS and Kel if its not a character u would use in a Circuit then why do u care if it says u used them? we all know that u 2 sandbagged this tourney if ur using bowser or fox or kel if ur using ICs cuz we all know u guys dont play thos characters for real. its not fair to tho ppl that arent as good as you 2 and want to get better if ur not playin 100% against them! and dont underestimate Xisin hes nasty good xD!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I won with those characters, Champ XD

The prime reasons I came to this tournament were to practice doubles (didn't happen :\) and practice new MK vs. Marth ideas. I know the ROB vs. Marth matchup, but I know MK has a stronger MU here than ROB does once the Marth actually learns the matchup :[

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I won with those characters, Champ XD

The prime reasons I came to this tournament were to practice doubles (didn't happen :\) and practice new MK vs. Marth ideas. I know the ROB vs. Marth matchup, but I know MK has a stronger MU here than ROB does once the Marth actually learns the matchup :[
Yeah, i appreciate the rounds we went, you gave me a new view point on momentum in the match up and a better understanding of it to work with, I definitely learned a few tricks... I hope you can say the same.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I would appreciate it if next tournament, an MK or Snake player could sit down and help me practice those matchups. ^__^

Especially snake

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, i appreciate the rounds we went, you gave me a new view point on momentum in the match up and a better understanding of it to work with, I definitely learned a few tricks... I hope you can say the same.
Not really. :[

I can still punish a fair 100% of the time and can edgeguard well, but I was looking more for tricks when marth had the momentum... but it seems that torando is still the best bet.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Smash at the Aracade, sorta like Smash at the Arakune?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
did i go kirby the whole bracket? oops lol xD i just noticed that xD. Bracket was so fun.... until i got timed out on japes :(. lol
Understand why I don't enjoy janky stages?

Kel

Smash Master
Now, now. I put you down as precisely what you used against me,
^
Hey, Os It wasnt my intention nor did I even say that the sets vs me are the only ones that mattered,
Xisin, you johned and whined until you actually won. Even then you still johned about "I was playing so off". Johning when you win is bad sportsmanship. It's essentially saying "I SHOULD HAVE BEAT YOU HARDER! YOU SUCK"

I used Dedede and GAW as much or more than I used the ICS. However, you only have ICs listed because I used them ONCE against you.

It's not my fault I randomed Snake and Metaknight once or twice. It was still random, and not those characters that I picked.

It IS your fault that the tournament had such poor attendance and ended up making Overswarm and I want to have fun with the tournament. We did not take it seriously, as we had nothing to prove or gain. You took it seriously because you want to think you're getting better. I played my matches like they were friendlies, so if that makes you happy, congratulations. However, this was an unsatisfying tournament in many aspects, so we treated it like one.

I didn't, however, enjoy the fact that you get all mopey and whiney when you lose, but then patronizing and high-and-mighty when you win. If you don't think there was a difference between how you acted in pools vs me and how you acted in bracket vs me, you're lying to yourself.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Kel unfortunately you are the biggest hypocrite I know. You are pissed at Xisin for being upset when he lost and saying it is bad sportsmanship, but in reality you do the same thing.

Examples:

At our house tournament you lost to Y.b.M. and were saying to people "I can't believe I just lost to spot dodge spot dodge roll F-smash"

At ISA Lain ended the match early when you were CLEARLY star KO'ed, and you tried to get him DQ'ed for it, and everyone laughed at you for such a ******** statement. Granted I don't agree with how Lain does that, but who cares?

Our house tournament: When you lost to Fizzle in the MK ditto matchup you were *****ing that he got a 4th seed and you had to play him first round, you won the set, but you complained the entire time..

These are three examples I heard myself, and I'm sure there are plenty more. I get upset when I lose too, and I know I shouldn't because it is a game and I should focus on how I can win instead. You are not the best sport yourself and criticizing Xisin the way you are is pretty lame.

As far as OS, and Kel going random that's cool Smash is suppose to be fun and I hope it was for you, but if we want our region to improve we need to be playing our best at all times so that everyone gets the valuable experience needed. You are both great players and we can learn a lot from you so hopefully you are giving the community that experience they need to improve their game.

Kel

Smash Master
Well, Fonzi, I'll admit to getting upset myself. Here's the differences that you DIDN'T hear

Directly after I made the comment about losing to Ybm I asked if I could talk to him outside by ourselves. I apologized to him and explained that I was upset and that it was a really ***** thing for me to do. He accepted my apology and we're good friends now.

At ISA I was NOT in star KO yet. It was assumed I was. I have the video and I just watched it frame by frame. I did NOT go through with pushing him getting DQed, and I didn't pause the match mid chain throw like I threatened either. My intentions for threatening the DQ were to let him know that I was serious about not letting him quit out at ANY time. The very next week he thought he had KOd AZ for the win and went to shake AZ's hand and AZ SURVIVED. That is why I pushed that.

At your house tournament I complained because I had to play someone really good for my first match. I gained RESPECT for fizzle because of that and he and I talk about the ditto a lot now. My complaining about his 4th seed had more to deal with questioning why I would even bother to get 1st seed in my pool when I have to play hard people first round anyway. It had nothing to do with playing Fizzle himself

Lastly, you weren't there and you seem to have your facts skewed from the above, so this has nothing to do with you. Everyone gets upset when they lose, but johning when you win/ patronizing the opponent because of it is NOT cool.

When you took me to last game at the last house tournament I didn't say "I was playing SOOOOO BAD against you. Man, I really can't believe how terrible I was playing. Oh, good game btw. and hey, at least you took one match off me, good job. Man, I'm off today" - that's how Xisin acted.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Not really. :[

I can still punish a fair 100% of the time and can edgeguard well, but I was looking more for tricks when marth had the momentum... but it seems that torando is still the best bet.

It's a pretty straight forward match up for MK, sorry I couldn't be of more help :/

fonzi21

Smash Ace
That's good to know that you accepted your loss and apologized to Y.b.M. and that you worked everything out, and like I said I don't necessarily agree with Lain quitting out either. Your right I don't know all the facts, but when I directly hear anyone complaining about a match it sucks because we need to all be helping each other instead of complaining. I complain to but I realize it as well and I try not to. It's unfortunate if Xisin said that, and I'm sorry if he did because losing to you is nothing to complain about, your a top player. I know you didn't say any of that during our set and I appreciate that. Fizzle is a good player as well and I am glad you gained respect for him. My only point from my previous statement is that people ***** and complain, and I think you could have approached the situation different, and Xisin could have as well.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Why you letting some player that plays a "garbage character" get you so worked up then?
It was just a scrub tournament, you were having fun, why blow this up more?
let him live in his scrubby world. who cares how xisin acts.

this is a game. you've outplaced xi on numerous accounts. midwest knows it. dont let something that probably should be petty irk you so terribly when im sure you've rubbed people the wrong way yourself in your day.

let's all beep in harmony <3

Count

Smash Champion
One thing I pride myself on is playing in a region that isn't full of these shenanigans.

A large chunk of the reason I go to tournies is to enjoy everybodies company and if we turn into the EC complaining about everything then a lot of fun will be taken away. It pains me to read this type of bs.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
lain on rofa's comp

Kel, you were in star KO, everyone saw it, you're the ONLY person that still contends you weren't dead.

Also, I went to shake AZ's hand cause I thought he was dead. Big deal. I ONLY quit out when I SEE the person is in star KO, not when I think.

Kel

Smash Master
Regardless of how/ when you do it Lain, you're still human and you can make mistakes. Just don't do it when playing against me please. I don't care if you do it to other people, but I'd rather have my loss screen come up.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lain on rofa's comp

Kel, you were in star KO, everyone saw it, you're the ONLY person that still contends you weren't dead.

Also, I went to shake AZ's hand cause I thought he was dead. Big deal. I ONLY quit out when I SEE the person is in star KO, not when I think.
Mistakes happen. You went to shake AZ's hand because you thought he was dead, he wasn't. You quit out when you thought Kel was dead, he was. If you switch the endings to the two scenarios, one of them is pretty ****ty. Both are poor sportsmanship. Just wait until the victory screen.

Top Bottom