• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Before anybody makes the comment, yes I know that many of the headers use the same music. This is because I have to go right now and can't add in music but I will in the morning when I wake up. So, this should only be a problem for a very small amount of people who read it late at night (or in SD's case, during the day).

Bobbery may also have a new move tomorrow, but who knows.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Paper Mario:Being a Paper Mario fan I was very happy reading this moveset, just a little sad I didn't see Vivian in the set. But regardless of that I feel you added the badges pretty nicely into the moveset, and I think the down special should be introduced first out of all the specials. The side special was interesting, but I kinda wish that that Paper Mario would scrunch up if he hit a solid platform when using his up special. This was a great ste, and I really think you caught the Paper Mario feeling, especially with the Final Smash.

I am really far behind in my set.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I read [size=+2]Tomohawk Man[/size],

and he's a pretty good set. He could indeed have the D-Special last, though I guess you could put some kind of warning saying that you should read it last or something. He's much like Metal Man though I don't know if he's better or not. They are both great, I especially like the stages, they are probably some of my favourtie things about the set since I don't know about Mega Man.

[size=+2]Paper Mario[/size]

Down Smash
You mean Down Special, that kind of confused me, but regardless, the playstyle is well implemented, though maybe you should have introduced the partners, even though I know them all. Also, nice list at the end. I don't know about all the work on the FS but I guess It's good job. It's a great set, but perhaps it needs some more information at the start like PM's weight.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You mean Down Special, that kind of confused me, but regardless, the playstyle is well implemented, though maybe you should have introduced the partners, even though I know them all. Also, nice list at the end. I don't know about all the work on the FS but I guess It's good job. It's a great set, but perhaps it needs some more information at the start like PM's weight.
And in the rush of getting it posted before I had to get off, I forgot to put his weight on. That's been added now, along with his size, and a new attack for Bobbery (check the BAir). Partner names now also link to their respective wikipedia entries.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I skimmed part of Paper Mario, and I must say, I like what you've done with him, especially the partner additions in his moveset. I'll be sure to give him full commentary later, at least in the chat if not in a future post.

And where's The Ultimate Show?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
100th Page FTW

THE GREAT MIGHTY POO

BACKGROUND

The Great Mighty Poo is, well, a giant mound of sh*t. He appears in Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64, singing opera and throwing great balls of poo at the titular squirrel. Throughout the battle, the GMP sings a mildly popular self-anthem, which quickly turns into a swear-song as Conker throws toilet paper in his huge flapping mouth (which is filled with digested sweet corn teeth). In the end, he gets flushed out of his lair in Poo Mountain. He later reappears in Bad Fur Day's 360 remake, Conker: Live and Reloaded, although his first appearance is by far his most popular.

Here is his famous boss battle featuring his song; watch it, as it shows off a great deal of his character, as well as showing several moves throughout this set. A clip from it also serves as his victory theme.

STATISTICS

Size »»» 11
Crouch »»» 9.5
Power »»» 8
Range »»» 8
Weight »»» 8
Traction »»» 7
Priority »»» 6
Attack Speed »»» 4
Comboability »»» 3.5
Jumps »»» 3
Recovery »»» 3
Movement »»» .5
Abilities: Crawl

Great Mighty Poo has an interesting new set of stats. For the most part, he plays like a normal heavyweight. You may question why such a useless stat of crouch was kept? Well, GMP has one of the best crouches in the game, due to his ability to sink into the ground. He sure needs this, seeing as how he is the largest character in the game, by far, and is still down-sized. If a foe gets up to him, especially those combo characters, he's royally screwed. The GMP has limited follow-up options at close range; he can build damage here, but it's not nearly as reliable as his excellent long-ranged projectile abilities. Finally, GMP deserves his high power stat, but...he only has one KO move, which is vital to his playstyle. Definitely the deceiving stat of all deceiving stats.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special - Sloprano
The Great Mighty Poo opens his mouth and lets out an opera note in his deep, baritone voice. GMP goes up two notes before holding the third, sounding like, "Uh uh aaaaaaaaah." The opera produces a wall of sound a moderate distance in front of the GMP's mouth, albeit a rather low priority one. The hitbox of the move doesn't start until the third note; the first two notes take about half a second. The third has moderate ending lag, and can be held as long as you want. The move is quite laggy and punishable; add in the fact that the GMP opens his mouth wide, increasing his hurtbox, and you've got quite a dangerous move. At least it's useful; the third note deals 16-17% and insane knockback that can KO at 75%.

The move changes slightly when the GMP acquires over 100%. Now, he skips right to the third note, singing, "Aaaaaaah!" It has the same properties as before, but now, the nearly non-existant startup lag makes it easier to KO with. Which is a helluva good thing; this is the GMP's only KO move besides gimping. You'll have to damage your foe before surprisingly them by singing opera for a KO, or they'll punish your enormous mass. This takes a lot of practice to do, but is vital to learn to win with GMP. As a last ditch resort, you can tank a lot of damage to gain access to the second version (this is not recommended, though).
[ 16-17% ]

Side Special - Throwing His Sh*t At You
The Great Mighty Poo pulls a ball of poo off of his body, then hurls it forward with a grunt. The lag on both ends is a bit faster than Waddle Dee Toss; during the start-up, you can angle his throw in any direction. Poo balls are Soccer Ball-sized, travelling the distance of a thrown item at the speed of one as well. They have moderate priority, dealing 8-9% a pop, with below average knockback that can KO at 195%. Because GMP is such a huge character, he'll want to fight from a distance; this is your main tool for doing so. Space yourself, throw poo at your foe to build damage, then close the gap and KO with Sloprano. Of course, the move is near useless at close range...
[ 8-9% ]

Down Special - Sh*t Hole
The Great Mighty Poo ducks into a puddle of poo, flipping you off for low startup lag. His puddle of poo is very low to the ground (only low attacks like Hand Slap or Kirby's D-Tilt can hit it, although grabs still work), covering a Stage Builder block's distance. You can hold GMP in puddle form for as long as you want, as it is a great way to avoid campers. The real use occurs when you tilt the Control Stick to either side. A trickle of poo slides in the direction you choose at an above average pace, unable to turn around. If it or the puddle is attacked, the GMP pops up early where he initiated the move.

When you release the input, the GMP pops up again with low ending lag at the end of the trickle; he leaves a Stage Builder block-covering hole of poo where he disappeared from and where he reappeared to (two puddles can only exist on the same ground level). These holes last for thirty seconds; if the GMP stands over one and ducks, he'll automatically pop out of the other. Using Down Special again when two holes are out causes them both to vanish while the GMP relocates new ones. Extra holes can be created with D-Smash. Because the GMP's movement speed is even worse than Ganondorf and Jigglypuff's, this is an excellent way to move around and space. Just don't pop up into a trap!
[ 0% ]

Up Special - Fecal Geyser
A pillar of poo as thick and as tall as Ganondorf appears under the Great Mighty Poo, pushing him upwards at Ganondorf's walking speed, with little lag on either end. The move lasts for three seconds before the pillar vanishes, putting the GMP in his helpless state. The pillar has moderate priority, but the GMP can be hit by anything to knock him into helpless state; his recovery is quite gimpable when combined with his huge size. You can control the GMP left to right at Ganondorf's walking speed as he rises for some defend, but it's really not that special. Foes who hit the poo geyser take 11-12% and below average knockback that can KO at 220%. You should attempt to remain onstage at all costs, or at least over the stage when trying to gimp a foe. GMP screams to be sent into the abyss while recovering.
[ 11-12% ]

BASIC ATTACKS

Basic Combo - Clearing His Throat
The Great Mighty Poo coughs once, before singing, "Mimimimimiii!" to tune his voice. This produces a little soundwave from his mouth, extending forward a mediocre distance. The wave's priority isn't too spectacular, while there is a bit of lag on both ends, due to the GMP coughing and holding the last note out a bit. The first four notes deal 2% and stun foes, while the final note deals 3% and deals knockback that KOs at 225%.

Unless you use this move on an opponent against a wall, you're likely to be punished. The GMP can't cancel the move early or hold it out; he always sings five notes. If he completes all five notes, though, the next Sloprano he uses has no startup lag (as if it was used when the GMP had over 100%). Because of this, you can clear your throat to make your KO move easier to land, even if your foe won't be caught in the combo's hits. Nifty!
[ 2-11% ]

Dash Attack - Full of Sh*t
The Great Mighty Poo stops what little momentum he gets from dashing, holds his hands to his mouth briefly, then barfs forward a chunky stream of poo. His regurgitated stream is slightly thicker than F.L.U.D.D.'s water, but travels about 3/4 its distance at full charge. The GMP has the slightly more startup lag than Dedede's dash attack, but slightly less ending. The priority on the poo is above average; foes shouldn't try to penetrate it as much as dodge then punish. Foes caught in the poo throw-up take 10-11% and below average knockback that can KO at 200%. This is a nice spacing move for the GMP, seeing as how the move won't really KO but can still push his opponent back a respectable distance.
[ 10-11% ]

TILTS

Forward Tilt - Dung Beetle
A dung beetle the size of Mr. Saturn crawls out from the Great Mighty Poo, beginning to roll a small ball of poo in front of it. The bug moves at Dedede's walking speed, tripping foes who touch it, while dealing a wimpy 2-3%; it lasts for ten seconds before vanishing, unless its 5 HP is lowered. Only one beetle can be out at a time. The GMP has a fair bit of lag on both ends of this move, so it's not like he can abuse it. However, he does have uses for it that don't involve mere tripping.
[ 5% ]

If the GMP touches the beetle, he'll steal its poo, causing it to vanish. Now, the next time he uses a Side Special, it will have 1.2 times its normal power. Although the GMP has trouble catching the beetle with his horrendous dash, he can just use Down Special to pop up into it. Also, if the GMP uses his grab on the beetle, he'll eat it, healing himself of 5%. This isn't as easy as it sounds, either; the GMP has to catch the beetle and take the time to grab it without being punished. Also, at the rate he'll be taking damage with his huge size, this isn't really unfair for him.

Down Tilt - Poo-Pop
Let me preface this move by saying how amazing the Great Mighty Poo's crouch is; he flows into a grounded puddle enough that only his eyes stick out as a hurtbox. His crawl isn't half bad either. Anyways, the GMP merely spreads his arms wide here and pops upwards with a yell from his poo puddle. His whole enormous body is the hitbox here, having fair priority. The GMP comes up with a bit of lag on either end, but the catch is that this looks exactly the same as him exiting his crouch/crawl normally. Hitting him deals 10-11% and vertical knockback that can KO at 175%. Foes will have to be careful approaching him from a crouch if he uses this as a mindgame along with normal crouch exits.
[ 10-11% ]

Up Tilt - How About Some Scat?
The Great Mighty Poo flicks up a little pile of scat at foes, it going up about the distance of Snake's uncharged U-Smash. The scat has moderate priority, while the GMP has a minor bit of lag on both ends. Foes who hit the scat take quite a nice bit of hitstun, as well as 7-8%. The GMP can use another U-Tilt to build light damage; since the foe will likely punish him severely afterwards, though, why not take advantage of the stun and space yourself?
[ 7-8% ]

SMASHES

Forward Smash - In Deep Sh*t
The Great Mighty Poo rips a hunk of poo off of his body during charge, heaving it straight forward upon release. The poo ball's size is determined by the charge time, ranging from the size of a Soccer Ball to that of Kirby. Its range also increases from two Stage Builder blocks to four. The poo's priority is pretty nice; the poo ball deals 23-24%, but only buries opponents who hit it (it only stuns offstage foes). They're in deep sh*t now! Other than Side Special, this is your other long-ranged damage-building move, even though it can't KO. Of course, the GMP has an above average amount of startup and ending lag, making this move useless at close range. Also, the GMP can use this and Side Special from a crouch, helping his long-ranged game significantly.
[ 23-24% ]

Down Smash - Diarrhea
The Great Mighty Poo oozes out a puddle of poo to either side, where it forms at maximum range. He has moderate lag on both ends doing so. The range of the puddles change from one Stage Builder block's distance on either side, to three. Puddles cover one Stage Builder block each. Foes who step on the puddles take 5% per second, in addition to having significantly less traction. The puddles last from seven to twelve seconds, depending on the charge. These can seep through obstructions to hit foes, giving them some use despite their poor damage.
[ 5% per second ]

Also, if the GMP ducks over his puddle of poo, he'll be able to pop up again in the other, just like with Down Special. Speaking of which, if Down Special puddles already exist, you'll appear in the closest one. However, you can tap the crouch input rapidly twice to pop up in the next furthest one in that direction. Face the direction of your desired puddle with multiple ones out to pop up in that one. Combine these moves for spacing options galore!

Up Smash - Outhouse Stench
The Great Mighty Poo gets a concentrated look, as thin wavy lines of stench are emitted from his head. The lines can extend up from Diddy's height to that of Marth, depending on charge. Combined with the GMP's height, this can reach up quite a ways. Although the lag isn't as bad as his other Smashes (it's below average on both ends), the stench lines have pitiful priority.

Foes who collide with them take from 9-14% and a bit of stun. This is only really nice for spacing if you have a puddle to flee into. As a nice addition, though, foes who hit the stench lines at half charge or higher get a new effect. They take no stun, but enter a footstool effect to the ground, where they enter their dizzy animation briefly. This is a perfect set-up for a spacing move, although it definitely won't be seen a whole lot.
[ 9-14% ]

AERIALS

Neutral Air - Rancid Repulsion
A swirl of rancid poo odor spirals around the Great Mighty Poo, having barely below average range. It lasts for three seconds; although the GMP has a fair bit of lag on both ends, if he lands, the odor continues spiraling, rather than lagging him. The priority is low, but it exists, unlike several other wind moves; otherwise, how would you land it? Foes hit by the spiral are blown backwards powerfully, spacing them a few character distances from the GMP. The stench deals 6-7% to foes who hit it, but won't KO them unless it pushes them off a boundary. Still, this is one of the GMP's primary spacers; make good use of it whenever you're forced to fight at close range.
[ 6-7% ]

Forward Air - Breath of Sh*t
The Great Mighty Poo lets out a breath of poo, laughing subtly to himself. He creates a brown cloud of gross breath the size of Bowser in front of him, with average lag on both ends. Foes who touch the breath take 5% per half second it's out (it remains out for a bit longer than a second), but no knockback. However, if the foe hits the breath just as it appears, they enter a foostool-jumped effect for .75 second. This can gimp foes on occasion, although the horrid priority and landing lag should prevent the GMP from abusing this much at all.
[ 5-10% ]

Back Air - Chocolate Starfish
A literal small brown star shape emerges from the Great Mighty Poo's backside, spinning at a close range behind him. It has low priority, staying out as long as Samus' F-Air before merging back into the GMP. He has average lag on both ends, while suffering above average lag if he lands before finishing the move. The spinning starfish deals three rapid hits; the first two stun foes and deal 2-3%, while the final hit deals 4% and knockback that KOs at 185%. Although at can build a bit of damage on helpless recovering opponents, the lag and close range prevent this from being a viable stage attack in most cases.
[ 2-10% ]

Up Air - Flush
The Great Mighty Poo opens his mouth, saying, "Aaaah!" like he's sticking out his tongue for a doctor. He holds it open for about .75 second before closing it, having little lag on little end and a fair amount landing. His mouth has grab priority; although the hitbox is fairly sizable, the range is pretty poor. If a foe falls into his mouth, the GMP swallows them, crapping them out his underside, with light set knockback and 5-6%, a half second later. This can be used to either lead into D-Air for some aerial damage, or to crap the foe off the bottom blast line. It's a nice anti-air approach as long as you don't get too predictable.
[ 5-6% ]

Down Air - Chocolate Rain
Five Deku-Nut sized drops of poo drop from the Great Mighty Poo's underside, falling down the height of Marth at Mario's fall speed before vanishing. They have above average priority; the GMP can use them as a slight underside barrier. There is below average lag on both ends; the ending lag is surprisingly low. Each drop deals 2-3% and spikes characters with minuscule set knockback. If the GMP lands the move, the poo drops stay onstage in a Stage Builder block-sized puddle for ten seconds, tripping anyone who walks over it. This and the barrier use outclass the weak spike in many cases, and even these effects aren't enough to justify abuse of this aerial; the GMP is still insanely vulnerable from above.
[ 2-15% ]

GRAB/THROWS

Grab - Big Mouth
The Great Mighty Poo opens his mouth wide, leaning forward a slight distance. He has above average range with this grab, and slightly more lag on both ends than Bowser. Caught foes are held in the GMP's mouth (although he doesn't swallow them; sorry vore fans). The GMP's grab is fairly laggy, but its range makes it far from difficult to use.
[ 0% ]

Pummel - Poo Chew
The Great Mighty Poo chews his victim in a fashion nearly identical to Wario. His sweet corn teeth deal 2-3% per chomp, and are fairly easy to spam. Since the GMP's throws don't deal a whole lot of damage, you'll want to pummel them before each throw.
[ 2-3% ]

Forward Throw - Lovely Grin
The Great Mighty Poo releases his foe in front of him, grinning a shiny grin with his sweet corn teeth. Unless the victim perfectly times a spot dodge, they trip and take 5%. The GMP can now run up to them and grab them again. This isn't a chaingrab, but is a nice set-up for his sluggish grab. Don't wait too long, though, or you'll eat a get-up attack instead.
[ 5% ]

Back Throw - Have Some More Caviar
The Great Mighty Poo releases his foe, then rips a ball of poo off his body and hurls it at the victim, calling out the move name. This deals 8-9% and deals knockback that KOs at 195%. The primary use of this throw is to space the victim away from the GMP, although it can KO off of walkoff boundaries. Its damage is the highest of his throws as well.
[ 8-9% ]

Down Throw - Up My Butt
The Great Mighty Poo grabs his victim and rams their head up his arse, causing the victim's body to struggle wildly. The stuck victim takes 3-4% each half second they're stuck. They can button-mash out with grab difficulty, but if they're held in for more than a second, they enter their stunned position upon release (it must smell in there). The GMP can now space from them pretty easily. He'll have to build some damage on the victim first for this effect; it's pretty dangerous to use in FFAs as well.
[ 3-4% per half second ]

Up Throw - Regurgitation
The Great Mighty Poo aims his head upwards and belches, launching his victim skyward. This is a fairly standard throw, dealing 7-8% and knockback that KOs at 205%. At low damage levels, the GMP can use this as an U-Smash set-up. He's better off using it as a chance to duck into a poo hole and space himself, though.
[ 7-8% ]

SITUATIONALS

Get-Up Attack - Down and Dirty
The Great Mighty Poo enters a pose similar to his crouch when knocked over. Before getting up, he raises his mouth from the ground and chomps downwards. This has rather nice priority, but below average range. There is little startup lag to the move; if the GMP lands the move, he suffers no ending lag as he gets up. However, if he misses, he'll get his mouth stuck in the ground, having moderate ending lag. Getting chomped deals 9-10% and a low set knockback to the victim. Use it as a surprise, or the foe will avoid it and punish the stuck poo.
[ 9-10% ]

Ledge Attack - Slippery Sh*t
The Great Mighty Poo oozes up from the ledge, not attacking, but covering the edge in poo. For seven seconds, foes other than the GMP cannot grab the slippery edge. If the GMP can get a foe with high damage off the edge now, he's likely to score a KO on them. Still, the GMP has a bit more lag on both ends than the normal ledge attack; the fact that he has no rising defense doesn't help either. The ledge poo cannot be overlapped.
[ 0% ]

Ledge Attack (Over 100%) - Sticky Sh*t
The Great Mighty Poo oozes onstage identically to the above attack, albeit with a bit more lag on both ends. Once again, he leaves poo on the ledge; it lasts for nine seconds this time. Foes other than the GMP who grab the ledge now are stuck there until a half second after their ledge invincibility has worn off. Although the GMP doesn't really have many attacks that can reach down that low while the foe is stuck, this can be yet another spacing opportunity for him. The ledge poo can't be overlapped here either.
[ 0% ]

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash - Opera Show
The Great Mighty Poo laughs evilly, as poo trickles down the screen. The camera reappears in the GMP's lair in Poo Mountain, a vast brown cave of poo. The characters reappear on a small stretch of land as long as Battlefield, with two Final Destination-sized puddles of poo on either side. Out of one puddle rises...the GMP himself, canonically sized. His music starts playing, and you gain control of him for twelve seconds. The GMP can duck to reappear on the other side of the bridge, although his insane range from either side doesn't really make this all that helpful. Falling into the river of poo is an instant KO.

He can use either his Neutral or Side Special to attack in this form. Sloprano now has range that covers the entire screen, dealing 31-32% and insane knockback that KOs at 75%. It is in the normal form he has below 100%, although the GMP can't take damage here. To avoid it, foes must shield all during the long third hit, then roll to avoid the whole attack. There is next to no lag on either end of the move, so it still serves as the GMP's prime KO attack. The GMP can also use his Side Special; however, the poo balls he throws are Bowser-sized, having the same effect as they do fully charged with his F-Smash. Instead of throwing them straight, the GMP can angle the poo like Yoshi's Up Special. He has little lag on either end of this move either. Because the poo buries foes, this can be quite nice for a Sloprano set up.

Lastly, the GMP can grab to scoop up a foe in one hand. This deals no damage, as the GMP merely holds the foe above his head; the victim can escape with double grab difficulty. If they are held for more than a second, the GMP can press the grab input to swallow them for an instant KO. There is little lag on either end of the grab, and it covers the whole platform; you'd better practice your dodges! The GMP can grab a teammate like this without damaging them to protect them from his other attacks.

PLAYSTYLE

The Great Mighty Poo is an interesting heavyweight to learn. He can build damage just fine, but he's only got one KO move. The GMP can perform a few follow up attacks at close range that can actually build damage, but his absolutely unholy size means you absolutely cannot slip up here. One hit basically means you've just taken 50% or more from your opponent's combos. It's much safer to space and deal damage from a range. Thankfully, the GMP is in no shortage of moves that help him in these regards.

At the match's start, the GMP can either use Down Special to set up a spacing tool (as his movement speed is absolutely pitiful), or he can cut to the chase and pegging throwing his sh*t at foes. Your main ranged damage-builders are Side Special and F-Smash. Although the moves are useless at close range, they can easily build damage from a distance. If foes try camping you, crouch and let their puny lasers zoom right over you. Because the GMP can also use his projectiles from his crouch, he has stellar defense against projectiles. Of course, this also forces foes to approach him, which is the last thing he wants during the damage-building phase.

When they approach, either escape into your sh*t hole or use spacing moves to get them away. Other than Down Special, dash attack and N-Air can clear you some space to keep up your poo-throwing tactics. Although they won't KO until insane damage levels, in essence not being KO moves, they can still contribute some damage to your foe's percentage. Of course, none of this damage-building matters if you aren't tricky enough to land a Sloprano on them for a KO...

Which is where the GMP's tricky side comes in. Quite a few of his attacks can stun or trip the foe, setting them up for Sloprano. Several require some time, such as U-Smash being at half charge or more, or D-Throw holding the foe for more than a second. Others, such as F-Tilt dung beetles and D-Air puddles, trip foes right away. Because the move has startup lag unless the GMP has over 100%, you'll probably rely on these set-ups to KO your foe. A more risky technique involves using the GMP's massive size to take said damage quantity, cutting down the lag of the move significantly. Because the GMP is so gimpable, this is quite dangerous to do.

All in all, the Great Mighty Poo takes a lot of consistency to use successfully. You must learn how to space, build ranged damage, stun foes, then KO them with one attack. This is a strict overall playstyle; deviating from it will usually spell an early end for the GMP. Foes can take advantage of his lack of mobility and huge size at close range, as his only real defense is crouching to avoid projectiles. However, master the art of spacing properly, and the others will generally come naturally. That is, unless you have sh*t for brains.

MATCH-UPS

Vs. Meta Knight - 35/65: Meta Knight's Favor
Let's start off with the obligatory Meta Knight dominant match-up. Side Special and F-Smash can cut through Whorenado, which somewhat hinders Meta Knight's approaching. However, his speed allows the Great Mighty Poo little time to attack with projectiles before Meta Knight is in his face. This is quite a problem, seeing as how Meta Knight's insane aerial combos eat the GMP up. If you get caught, onstage or off, you're screwed. The GMP can space easily from Meta Knight's light weight, but when you consider Meta Knight's superior priority, this is easier said than done. The only helpful thing about taking so much damage is that GMP will have no trouble using his lagless over 100% Sloprano; it's near impossible to land the normal version with Meta Knight's aerials in your face. Meta Knight takes this match-up by a fair margin.

Vs. Snake - 55/45: The Great Mighty Poo's Favor
Snake has little defense against the Great Mighty Poo's projectiles, and unlike Meta Knight, he has little speed with which to approach the GMP. In addition, the GMP has strategies such as detonating mines early with Dung Beetles, or merely using a sh*t hole to go around Snake's explosives. Snake can be annoying to space from due to his heavy weight. Also, the GMP can't let up at all at close range, or Snake's high priority tilts will spell trouble, despite him not being able to combo well. The GMP will have to take advantage of Snake during one of his laggy moves to KO him, as having high damage against Snake is suicidal. It takes practice to do, but the GMP can damage and KO Snake more easily than vice versa, earning him the match-up.

Vs. King Dedede - 5/95: Infinite's Favor
Is it any surprise that the penguin king can infinite the biggest character in the game? Despite his slow speed and large size, Dedede's excellent dodges are enough to defend him from the Great Mighty Poo's projectiles until he's closed the gap between the characters. GMP absolutely must space with Down Special to keep away from Dedede, who can still grab him out of his trickle. It's a choice between setting up Down Special puddles or tossing poo when you're distanced from the penguin king, and Dedede has ways around both. Sloprano will also take longer than usual to KO Dedede's insane weight. The GMP is thoroughly screwed in this matchup.

Vs. Pikachu - 60/40: The Great Mighty Poo's Favor
Pikachu's ranged Neutral Special would seem to be quite threatening to the Great Mighty Poo...but Dung Beetles can absorb the hits without any trouble; when one beetle is killed off by the electricity, just send out another for the next jolt. The GMP's long-ranged projectiles are much harder for Pikachu's low priority to beat. Pikachu's speed and quick attacks are annoying for the GMP at close range, but if he's successful at damaging Pikachu from a range, the electric rat's pathetic weight can easily be pushed back. Of course, landing Sloprano on Pikachu will be tough with his speed, but you'll be able to KO him earlier than most characters as well.

Vs. Bowser - 40/60: Bowser's Favor
The Great Mighty Poo doesn't suffer too horribly against Bowser from a range; in fact, he near completely dominates him from there, although Bowser's F-Tilt and F-Air require you to aim your projectiles more carefully. Bowser's average speed allows for the GMP to space and camp without much trouble. At close range, even Bowser can combo up the GMP's damage level. In particular, Fire Breath is devastating for the GMP; his pathetic aerial movement and huge size allow the fire to build damage even after its size is decreased. Because Bowser is insanely hard to space from, the GMP is in big trouble should Bowser ever get to him. The only real thing the GMP has going for him is that Sloprano can be used on Bowser if he whiffs a laggy move. Because Bowser is so heavy, though, this isn't a huge plus.

Vs. Mr. Sandman - 45/55: Mr. Sandman's Favor
At a distance, Sandman can absorb the Great Mighty Poo's projectiles with Dream Rotation, but he'll still find it difficult to approach without taking damage in the process. Once you get to the GMP, one Knuckle Sandwich is all you need to combo the GMP to death. Seriously, just land one punch, stack some hitstun, and the GMP's size seals the deal for Sandman. The GMP absolutely must play a solid defensive game with Down Special to avoid being comboed. In addition, he must be highly careful not to render himself punishable with Sloprano. Sandman can find the GMP's ranged moves irritating, but he can win so much more easily, giving him a slight advantage.

Vs. Bubbles - 50/50: Draw
Bubbles has the advantage over the Great Mighty Poo at close range, while the GMP reigns supreme at camping Bubbles. The GMP can build damage on Bubbles with Side Special; he must be careful not to get chaingrabbed while using Sloprano, as his massive size makes this all too easy for Bubbles. Using sh*t holes to escape from Bubbles is an important tactic to escape from Bubbles and keep pegging her; because of her constant superior movement, the fight will take place at close range more than long range. The GMP will have to use this strategy to win, while Bubbles needs to get to GMP and not give him any means of freeing himself.

Vs. Wheel Gator - 60/40: The Great Mighty Poo's Favor
Wheel Gator has problems with the Great Mighty Poo camping him with Side Special. While you may think that Down Special can be a great escape tool, its use is hindered by the fact that the GMP stops his forward-trickle if he runs into a mud-hole. Still, Wheel Gator can't build damage with Spin Wheel nearly as well as the GMP can. Gator can try eating poo balls (ew!), but the GMP can just crouch to dodge the projectile he gains from this. Also, Wheel Gator will have trouble eating every projectile that comes his way. If he can get to the GMP and hold him in Buzzsaw Blur long enough for a mud-hole KO, Wheel Gator can still win. However, the GMP doesn't have too much trouble KOing with Sloprano, earning him the match-up in most cases.

Vs. TAC - 65/35: The Great Mighty Poo's Favor
TAC will be trying to steal at least a few of the Great Mighty Poo's various moves, including one or both projectiles, Down Special, a tripping move such as F-Tilt, and Sloprano, of course. Although TAC has better speed than the GMP, allowing for more ease in stealing moves, the GMP can build damage on TAC without prerequisites to get ahead in the match-up. In addition, TAC's mediocre weight is easy to KO and space from. GMP will need to use Down Special diligently, for if TAC gets enough momentum, he becomes a faster GMP (death for the regular GMP, in other words). Still, it'll take a while for TAC to get all the necessary moves to win the match, while the GMP can simply follow his normal strategies from the get-go to win.

Vs. Bleak - 35/65: Bleak's Favor
Battle of the ranged characters! Although both characters fight from a range in a similar manner, Bleak has a slight upper hand on the Great Mighty Poo. Although the GMP's crouch can dodge snowballs in many cases, it just doesn't have the efficiency of a snow fort in defending. In addition, Bleak can actually KO from a range with Side Special, while the GMP is forced to approach to do so with Sloprano. Granted, he would be able to approach fairly well by trickling Bleak's way with Down Special...but Lemguins are the perfect foil to this. Overall, Bleak's better defense earns him the win over the GMP. A deep character foiled by a mere snowman?! Blasphemy!

ANIMATIONS

Up Taunt - Behemoth's Laughter
The Great Mighty Poo chuckles lowly to himself, sounding more jolly than evil.

Side Taunt - Self-Anthem
The Great Mighty Poo hums a clip from his song, in a low melody.

Down Taunt - Flatulence
The Great Mighty Poo makes a large farting noise, striking a shocked pose, before laughing it off in a gross comical manner.

Entrance - Rising to Power
The Great Mighty Poo slowly rises out of a sh*t puddle, holding a struggling cob of Sweet Corn. Upon fully rising, he stuffs the corn into his mouth and strikes a menacing pose.

Victory Pose #1 - Poo Juggle
The Great Mighty Poo juggles three balls of poo with one hand, before tossing them all into the air and swallowing them with a belch. Gross!

Victory Pose #2 - Into the Depths
A single dung beetle is seen rolling a ball of poo by, not noticing a giant poo hand rising from a sh*t puddle behind it. The hand waves at the losers, grabs the beetle, and flips off the characters before sinking back into the puddle.

Victory Pose #3 - Sing-Along
The Great Mighty Poo wobbles side to side in tune with his victory theme (his own theme, if you didn't read his background info), making disgusting squelching noises as he does so.

Loss Pose - Flushed Away
The Great Mighty Poo spins around in the background, calling out angrily (albeit not drowning out the background music, "Ah, you cursed fool, look what you've done! I'm flushing, I'm flushing! Oh, what a world, what a world! Who would've thought a good little fool like you could destroy my beautiful clagginess! Ah, I'm going!" He then screams in anguish as he vanishes into the ground with a final squelch. Seems like he's been taking pages from the book of other vanquished antagonists, eh?

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+2]Great Mighty Poo[/size]

I played Conker's Bad Fur day, and it's hillarious that someone actually made a moveset for GMP. He's like Bleak due to his size, who wants to space himself from foes, but only has 1 kill move. Since the GMP has to be over 100% for his kill move to be good, it's suitable that he is heavy. His Final Smash and the video kind of remind me of Dingodile. I don't know if this is your best set, but he's a very good set in terms of playstyle.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Paper Mario! What a big, detailed set this is. See, I like the mobility motif and the Specials a lot... and I like how true to his character he is... but don't you know, I find him a bit boring after that. Maybe it's the partners mechanic, because he feels a bit schizophrenic, as though you hadn't decided who you wanted to appeal to with this set. Really, one can sense Ocon's desire to simplify attacks and keep things feasible and concise warring with Wiz's penchant for heavy creativity. Somehow the two cancel out and you wind up with a set that doesn't quite fit into Brawl, isn't quite original enough to get there on its own merits, and doesn't have as smooth a playstyle as I'd like.

It's all the fault of the partners, and I hardly understand what's going on with them anyway; do they simply replace the given attack if you have them selected? Doesn't seem quite right. It shows that you tried your utmost to keep the set true to its origin, though.

In other words, this is undone by being a joint set. Joint sets never work unless one of the movesetters has a dominating influence - as in Acid Seaforce, or an HR/wyvern collaboration. And maybe Heat Man, while we're at it.

And you spelt "Nay" as "Neigh" in the playstyle section. ololololololololol

////////

Before I move on, let me just say that you did a pretty lousy job of reinforcing the Gentleman's Rules right after they were first posted, Kupa. Even if you are going to edit in a comment (unlikely), there's also that teensy weensy leave-14-posts clause. I mean, geez, man, you already have the most sets of any MYMer! Waiting a bit would do you some good!

So, GMP? That stat section is nauseating, partially because it totally rips off Warlord's stat organization (which in turn is ripped straight from Kangaskhan's) and partially because it has one of those gimmicky "higher-than-10" stats and partially because it has those uber-annoying misleading stats that are obligatory in every Warlord and Kupa set.

Also the whole moveset's disgusting and I don't want to actually read it in depth. That said, what's the point of including yet another set of MK and Dedede (Infinite's Favor/Chaingrab's Favor have both been done to death) match-ups?

Also killing at 95% is not at all "insane knockback".

EDIT: There's just one thing, dude. Do you have t'use so many cuss words? Or at least learn to censor dodge, because I count 15 "sh*t"s in there

Junahu

Smash Ace
Best Paper Mario set evar: The title says it all really. You both covered just about everything the games had to offer in a way that didn't seem gimmicky or out of place. Everything's nicely explained, and even the organisation is pleasant.

I'm a little sad Action Commands are only used for the Final Smash.. and that you balanced the Final Smash as if it had any chance of being used competitively.

Not quite sure why it's an option to ride Yoshi Kid, when you admit yourself that Yoshi Kid should always be ridden whenever he's out. You don't even give him a way to dismount, so Yoshi D-smash is literally a filler attack.

Badge setup sounds like a Special you didn't have room for. Which is probably because it IS a special you didn't have room for. It still sounds like enormous amounts of fun, although I'm sure some people will be on your case about the lack of a Danger Mario badge setup.

Sloprano: It's hard to work past my preconceptions about such a scatological moveset. Overall, he doesn't quite feel as focused as Bleak does (again, that's probably just me discriminating against the character. It's not easy to like sloppy poo).
But there's still a lot to like here, provided I replace every reference to poo with "chocolate ice-cream". The link between Neutral A and Neutral B works very well, as does his ability to duck into one chocolate ice-cream hole and pop out of another.
*Also, considering he only has two attacks in game, feel free to gloat that you made a moveset out of such a difficult character. Of course, you ironically missed out one of his attacks. You know, the giant hand that "came out of the ****e"? Seriously, make it his grab or something*

KingK.Rool: Lighten up Rool. You'll live longer. Gentlemen don't complain about those who don't follow the gentleman's rules. That's one of the rules, funnily enough.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Because it lags this computer to quote, I'll just comment in part.

Thanks for the comment, Katapultar. Not really much to say on this one.

I knew I'd be getting some flak for posting GMP when I did, and I must say, it's not undeserved. This was my chance to get my biggest set on a prominent page; don't let this lead you to believe I'm spitting in the face of the gentlemen's rules. Anyways, both you and Junahu seem to be unnerved by the amount of poo-related moves...I was never going to sugarcoat the GMP at all, as this would be far too OOC. His selling point in Bad Fur Day was his disgusting mannerisms. Hopefully this won't turn into another Pennywise case of character bias.

Also, the lack of censor-dodging is due to problems on my computer...Ocon showed me the White color for spaces trick, but it just didn't work. At least sh*t is better than ****.

Ah, and I left out that hand grab due to not wanting another Wart D-Tilt, Junahu. Believe me, I thought of it, but I wanted to keep with the simplicity and readability motif here.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Edit: what? how did I miss a page?

Double edit: Never mind. My point still stands. There's a fine moveset on page 98 that barely got any reception. I'd like if it some of you commented. GENTLEMEN'S RULES, KUPA (FLIP)

Sir Kojima

Smash Rookie
I must say, I don't think Sakurai-san would approve of this. He clearly makes better movesets.

Raiden is accurate. I don't think casual players would like all of the confusing switching. I would like to see more of him naked. That's why I made Metal Gear Solid 2.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Paper Mario

So we have a moveset here for everyone's favorite paper-thin plumber. And it's a joint set? Hmm..I see. Well actually...I really don't. I see Ocon's writing style but I don't see a lot of Wizzerd's which is weird beause usually in joint sets the writing style's contrast into some kind of workable mish-mash of good. This one's just kind of...Ocon. Which isn't a bad thing of course but it just strikes me as more of an Ocon set than a Wizzerd one.

So how do I feel about it? You captured the character perfectly; especially with stuff like the badges, the origami; heck, you even reference the worst game in the series with the Neutral B. A -LOT- of these attacks I really like; the down throw (smirk), the badges and several others come to mind. My one drawback is actually kind of a weird one. The partners. Watt especially stands out from the majority Paper Mario 2 cast (and I was never a -TERRIBLY- huge fan of Bobbery to be brutally honest...). But really, these attacks don't really add anything to the set in my eyes. Sure they're cool little nods, but when a majority of the set is Paper Mario and he has some helpers thrown in for SOME attacks (and those attacks vary depending on what partner you're using) they seem kind of tacked on.

Besides that though it was an enjoyable enough read and I certainly consider it a rather strong set for the both of you.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
GREAT MIGHTY POO
GMP is very similar to Bleak in many ways, but he manages to have a more unique, deeper playstyle and has even less props then Bleak while still keeping the good part of him: How much he flowed. I’m very fond of how GMP moves about among his down special puddles. Brilliant concept that makes all too much sense. His method of KOing is also more unique then Bleak’s, actually forcing him to approach rather then just continuing to camp forever. His various stunner/spacing moves are the icing on the cake to better land a KO move or get the space you need, giving him the flow that Bleak had. This is pretty much everything I wanted Bleak to be, and your playstyle description is much more accurate then those found in your recent movesets.

Of course, the match-ups are far more ideal as always, but they’re certainly not nearly as bad as the outright embarrassing ones found in the Kaptain. Anyway, Match-Ups are Extras, so yeah. Far from a blemish on this great set. A shame that the moveset seems to be having Pennywise’s fate of character bias killing it in addition to you breaking the Gentleman’s rules (Which I’m not complaining about, just stating). Really, it’s a cartoonish mound of crap. If you can’t take this, you shouldn’t be on the internet. Far less disturbing then the likes of the Count, Hyatt, or even Arthur.

PAPER MARIO
I was very skeptical of this moveset early on in the early phases of production when you spammed previews to me, but I became more and more confident in it as it went on and in it’s final form I must say I’m quite impressed. There are far more original moves in both quantity and quality then your previous sets, Ocon. . .Then again Wizzerd’s on board. So yeah. Can’t say I’m surprised. You two balance each other out surprisingly well. If the set was solo made by either of you it’d probably of turned out pretty badly, but you cover up each other’s weaknesses very nicely. I’m thinking you should do more joints in the future.

Anyway, despite some moves being relatively irrelevant to the playstyle and just being very flashy (Dsmash is the main culprit), he still has more then enough moves that flow well into his surprisingly unique style. The fact he has more button inputs then normal would make one skeptical, but these help him flow all the more (Save for Watt). Seeing these hidden button inputs allow him to still have creative gems in there like dtilt while still having plenty of moves to flow. While the moveset seems like it can have too much going on at some times in the veins of movesets like Spadefox, Envy, and Cloud of Darkness, that’s partly due to the star power which is irrelevant to the playstyle. More importantly, it’s hard to see the playstyle as reading through the moves cause it’s so unique. It’s very unexpected, but upon going back to look at it it’s certainly there. While it’s a very “gay” playstyle as you put it, we’re not here to vote on movesets based on whether they match our sexual orientation, now are we? Superb moveset.

TOMAHAWK MAN
This moveset feels very much like a MYM 5 moveset in that the long winded writing style feels very dated and feels like it came out of MYM 5, especially on some of the simpler moves. It also doesn’t have several of the organizational quirks of MYM 6, namely the stances on animations, stats, musical headers and extras (Though the Extras aren’t necessarily a bad thing). You already have the music choices ready for the set, why do you have to hide it at the end of the moveset rather then allowing the reader to have something to listen to as they read?

The Down Special is a move that’s definititely very intimidating and makes getting through the set much harder, considering you give us interactions with 10 other moves we haven’t read. Wouldn’t it make much more sense to give us the interactions with the down special on the other button inputs rather then shoving them all down our throats at once?

The use of the tree can be questioned at times, but the thing that makes it good is that it has so many different uses that it enables Tomahawk Man to be able to actually adapt to the foe and have a playstyle that’s less “forced”. There’s still enough playstyle in there in the first place in that he’ll want to use the tree for something, and all the move interactions (Even the less direct ones like using a totem pole as a lightning rod like Rool mentioned) gives the moveset a very interconnected feel. That said, ignoring the tree the playstyle is rather all over the place. I know that’s what you want and you certainly do a superb job with it, but I can’t say I agree with the approach.

T.A.C.
You already know my opinion of this from the chat. There’s little else to really say here that you don’t already know. I will say that adding more match-ups that are incorrect does little to help the set as you’re just adding more and more that contradicts the actual moveset, and all it’d take is a simple tack on of percentages to the moves for me to possibly vote it. Yes, it’s a simple change, but the fact you refuse to do it and claim he’s perfectly fine as is rather then humbly admitting your mistake is what makes me refuse to vote this.

ANNE
First off, the organization. It’s very daring and intriguing, and the knock back is for the most part decipherable. It’s a breath of fresh air and gives the moveset an incredibly unique feel, though if done again it’d lose it’s novelty and become just awkward, so it’s definitively a one time thing rather then a new revolution of organization. It’s counter intuitive, causing much confusion and far more reading rather then casually tacking on details into the actual move descriptions, but eh, you’ve already gotten enough input on this.

So let’s talk about the actual moveset, god forbid. I don’t see how Rool thinks the specials are complicated (Yet they’re still ingenious, save the regular up special) or that the other moves are all generic (What with gems like the fsmash, grab, and nair). Her playstyle is far from perfectly jointed together, but it’s a lot more consistent then something like Tomahawk Man and still comes out plenty unique enough in the end. . .When looking from a gameplay standpoint. Her character’s all over the place. You can’t decide whether she’s an elegant photographer or a crazy psycho super agile thief who thinks her monopod is a sword. Moves like fsmash in particular make little to no sense. . .I didn’t think you could make an OC that was OOC, but damn. Dunno how you ever complained about Dingodile being OOC.

Either way, there’s still a great set hidden under all the eyebrow raising points the set brings up. A really, really great set. You didn’t give yourself enough credit with this one, honestly. Easily better then Hector, and I honestly prefer this to Cloud of Darkness.

CLOUD OF DARKNESS
Alright, so. . .Let’s make a character that can get you off the ground and into the air, get you all the higher into the air once you’re sent up, have great KO moves (Voids) high up in the air, pressure you to all hell, fight from a range, forch approaches, force retreats, and god knows what else. She counters everything because she can bloody do everything. The whole concept of a character that’s good at everything to counter everything is begging to be god tier, and near everything is an “extreme” by your definition.

I would’ve liked to see more focus on the voids to actually force her to rely on them rather then them just being yet another tool in her ridiculously large arsenal, as they’re the one flowing (And highly interesting) part of her playstyle which is otherwise rather random/generic (ZOMG PRESSURE HEEM SO HE CANT SET UP HIS KRYSTALS!). Even what little focus there is on the voids is made rather irrelevant by you being teleported to random voids via up B and projectiles you send into the voids coming out at random angles, them being very unreliable. Had you buffed them and nerfed the rest of the moveset to give more a focus on them, I could’ve seen myself loving the set. As is, it’s main appeal is just wowing one with admittedly very creative attacks like usmash. I also had trouble grasping the playstyle due to you referring to the moves by name rather then button input for retro appeal, made especially annoying by how similar (Though very in character) the moves names are. I certainly don’t hate or even dislike this set. It’s still high up on my little “tier list” of voting. I just see potential for much more. This -could’ve- topped Spadefox.

Anyway, I’m off so I don’t get impaled by Kholdstare for insulting his religion.

HECTOR
I’m amazed you actually made a full moveset for a potential-less Fire Emblem character. I question how the Battle Spirit mechanic specifically fits him over any other specific FE character, but bah. Making a set for a FE character in the first place is something to respect, not question. Organization is fairly standard fare in comparison to the very out there organizations of your other sets, though I must say I’m rather fond of the playstyle section at the end where the FE characters talk, even if most of them have nothing really to say. Of course, you still have a good playstyle description at the end with the general guy, though the other space is pretty much just extra reading, even if enjoyable.

So anyway, the actual moveset. You still do manage to have some surprisingly original attacks for such a generic character like the grab and standing on a spinning axe (Which was promptly ripped off by Tomahawk Man) surprisingly, and the mechanic is also rather intriguing. The thing is that I find it rather. . .Pointless and doesn’t contribute much of anything to his playstyle. Sure, he can use his Down Special to keep it from getting in his way so it doesn’t hinder him (God forbid), but there’s little focus on it. I could’ve seen Hector turning into another nice combo heavyweight with good use of it, but you just give this a passing mention at the end of the playstyle section. It’d give him the playstyle focus he very badly needs, and honestly, there really aren’t all that many combo heavyweights, and he’d actually have a unique way of doing it. Sandman, Hippo, Black Knight. . .Did I leave anyone out? You’re not gonna tell me Kupa’s sets count, are you? It’s merely a fad to bash that stereotype, honestly. Generic campers, on the other hand, are a much more serious stereotype. . .

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
TOMAHAWK MAN: I got to admit, Tomahawk Man might not be my favorite MM6 Robot Master, but this is certainly my favorite Robot Master moveset ever. I loved the flow of how the tree can be used in almost every way possible, making a single seed able to completely change one's thinking on a match. I loved the usefullness of every move in the set, fitting the character's personality perfectly. I really enjoyed this one, Plorf.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Wow I am so fail.

The chance of me ever posting the finished Khee'bler and Suzu reviews are nil now until Winter holiday, gotta keep up with work.

What I have just isn't useful on its own. And would look much more cruel than I want them to be. (I really like Thief! And Suzu tried something different.)

Sorry if this is spammy; I just wanted to own up to that.

I guess I won't be around here then for a while. I'll probably have to delay my own set for another MYM iteration. :upsidedown:

Try not to invent every moveset idea in all creation before I come back. Or... don't publish all of it if you do, I guess. :psycho:

LOL @ Sakurai & Iwata.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
The chance of me ever posting the finished Khee'bler and Suzu reviews are nil now until Winter holiday, gotta keep up with work.
Um....I hate to be -THAT- guy...but this is really pointless. You're making reviews for two sets that have already been surpassed (in Khee'bler's case incredibly surpassed) by newer movesets by these two creators. By the time you get these reviews out "in the Winter holiday" Make Your Move 6 will be over and there really won't be any point to the reviews as it'll be too late to improve the sets mentioned. So really, you're just wasting your own time if you make reviews for these set months after they've been posted and after they've already been improved upon by newer sets by the same authors.

If I were you, I'd just can the reviews entirely (unless Agi and Katapultar -REALLY- want them) and get to work on your moveset.

TL;DR: Quit stalling. We wanna see your set.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I already got a shiny review for my set anyway, no offense. I'd just suggest making your own moveset. It wouldn't be that hard, and at least it shows you have particapated in this contest. Yeh, I do wanna see your set as well.

The bias for Pennywise and GMP is the opposite for me, I like both the characters. A funny codec would be greatly in line for the set, I had one in mind.

For the sake of saying something, TAC is a decent set for what would probably be the most uncreative thing ever (Apart from clones). When you get to the point, anyone can read it and the whole set seems to mostly be about match-ups. He's still a moveset, and he'd be heaps of fun in free for all.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[SIZE=+5]~HEPPOKOMARU~[/SIZE]

~~BIO~~
Heppokomaru is one of the main characters from Bobobo-bobo-bobo manga/anime series. "Heppoko" means untrained in Japansese, while "maru" is a commom japanese male suffix for a warrior at the end of a name. Heppokomaru is the 2nd most popular Bobobo character in a popularity competition, coming second to the show's Sonic the Hedgehog parody. In the English Bobobo, Heppokomaru's english name is Gasser, it is presumed that the name was changed so because it would allow more room for puns in the English anime. This would allow more humour, explaining puns used in the anime such as "Gasser up"

Heppokomaru is a quiet, sane (compared to most of the other characters in the show) boy, who joins Bobobo's team so he can get stronger after his town was destroyed by Gunkan. He uses the power of Onara Shinken, translating in English to True Fist of the Backwind (AKA, has to do with farts). He shows that he is in love with the heroine, Beauty, who also loves him back secretly (Episode 17 reveals this in a way).
~~STATS~~
Size:6/10
Weight:3/10
Ground Speed:5/10
Aerial Speed:5/10
1st Jump:5/10
2nd Jump:5/10
Falling Speed:5/10
Traction:4/10
Roll Dodging:7/10
Glide:9/10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~NOTE WHILE READING THE SET~~

THE SMALL WRITING AT THE END OF EACH ATTACK IS ADVICE ON HOW TO USE AN ATTACK AND IT'S PROS/CONS. YOU MAY SKIP THESE IF YOU WISH, AS THEY DON'T GIVE ANY NEW IMPORTANT INFORMAITON ABOUT THE
ATTACK.

~~SPECIALS~~

Neutral Special: Onara Boost:
Heppokomaru bends his knees while his back turns yellow. From here, you can tap either right or left on the control stick, otherwise after a second Heppokomaru will exit the stance by default (Which he does anyway). Low start-up lag, very low end lag.

Tapping the control stick in the direction Heppokomaru is facing will cause him to slide forward at Gannon's run speed, as if on ice terrian, during the whole duration of any attack (Charging, lag, initial attack), even in air. Tapping the control stick in the opposite direction Heppokomaru faces means he will slide backwards during an attack.
Either way, a yellow aura enamating from Heppokomaru will indicate that he is under this effect, blowing unrealistically in the direction Heppokomaru travels during an attack. You can get rid of the effect by using the Neutral Special without a button input.

Heppokomaru's most vital attack allows him to play a perfect spacing game, but it also helps with approaches as well , so you may need to switch over time, which shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you have some distance between you and your foe.

Side Special: Wind Control:
Heppkomaru summons a boomerang made of wind, then throwing it forward. The boomerang is similar sized to Link's, travelling at Capt Falcon's dash speed up to 3/4 Final Destination, and can be aimed like Link's. The boomerang has low priority, doing 6% with average hitstun as well as forcing a similar effect to the Neutral Special on struck foes: They travel forward under the same conditions as the Neutral Special during the time they use an attack. Once the boomerang reaches it's peak, it will explode into a high priority 1.5 Bowser sized wind blast, pushing all objects 2 SBBs in the opposite direction that the boomerang was initially thrown. Low start-up lag, average end lag.

Inputting the Side Special in the opposite direction that Heppokomaru is facing does not change his direction, rather it causes foes to travel backwards during their attack rather than forward upon being struck by the boomerang.

A basic projectile, but more importantly allowing for further spacing because of the wind effect that you can put foes under, which can be a fun little mindgame since the foe won't know which way they will move. The boomerang exploding is a nice extra that can gimp or catch foes off guard, but don't rely on it unless you are good enough at using it. The projectile is quite predictable, and it's a bit laggy on Heppokomaru's behalf.

Up Special: Gas Grenade
Heppokomaru throws a yellow pokeball sized orb while announcing the attack's name, falling momentum cut to 1/4 if used in air. The orb travels at Ike's dash speed infinitely, able to be aimed much like Yoshi's Up Special. The orb has below average priority, doing 8% with a lot of hitstun. Low start-up lag, very low end lag.

A decently spammable projectile. While it is generic, the key thing here is the projectile's high hitstun and the low end lag. These allow for a good set-up to attack the foe with a powerful move, something Heppy needs to do during a battle.

Down Special: Deathly Bomb:
Heppokomaru pulls a Pokeball sized yellow bomb out of nowhere, tossing it forward. The bomb travels in an arc similar to Waddle Dee Toss, but only half way at Mario's dash speed. The bomb will instantly explode upon touching anything, letting out a yellow 1.5 Blast Box blast sized blast that has infinite priority, doing 18% with knockback killing at 120%. A cloud the same size as the blast will linger in it's position afterwards, doing 4% per second to those inside it as well as destroying projectiles that touch it, apart from your own. The current cloud will vanish if the move is pulled off successfully again. Average start-up lag, low end lag.

Props and all, but you will want this move not for it's power, but for it's anti-camping capabilities. This move forces foes to approach Heppy so that you can use your spacing powers to best the foe in combat. The damage racking is also a neat addition. Best to maek sure you put on of these in the right part of the stage.

~~STANDARDS AND TILTS~~
Standard: That Stench Was Mine:
Heppokomaru does a punch straight-forward while placing his other hand on his rear. The punch has average priority and decent range, doing 6% with weak hitstun. Very low start-up and end lag.

Tapping A again causes Heppy to swipe the foe with the other hand, now containing a small yellow orb. The orb has average priority with extended range from the 1st hit, doing 8% and stunning the foe 2X Mewtwo's Disable. Very low start-up lag, low end lag.

Tapping either forward or backwards allow Heppokomaru to skip the end lag of the previous attack and perform a roll dodge instead.

One of Heppokomaru's faster options for close-combat. This attack can never kill a foe, but it should be used for hit and run purposes if you're foe gets too close to you. If you're foe is at higher damage percentages, it wouldn't hurt to follow up with a grab or a powerful attack that can finish them off.

Dash Attack: Orb Lobber:
Heppokomaru stops all forward momentum, tossing a pokeball sized yellow orb out in front of him. The orb travels from Heppy's hand in an arc at Gannon's walk speed so that it travels a max distance of 1/2 a SBB. The travelling orb will pass through anything, doing 2% with weak hitstun backwards. Once the orb reaches it's peak distance, it will explode into a infinite priority blast that does 14% with knockback upwards killing at 90%. Low start-up lag, average end lag.

Tapping A in the 1st half of the attack causes Heppy, halfway through the orb's distance, to quickly grab the ball and lunge straight forward 1/2 a Battlefield at Sonic's dash speed. While Heppy lunges, he has a thin yellow barrier in front of him (Think the visual effect of Falco's Blaster) that has above average priority, doing 9% with knockback backwards killing at 170%. Very low start-up, low end lag.

The start is very slow for the first attack (slower than the lag suggests), too slow even with a Neutral Special boost. It can be used as a mindgame with the second attack however. The second part of the attack is a great approach with it's priority and knockback, but based on how slow the first part of the attack is, enemies would easily be able to dodge it. One advantage Heppokomaru has that Fox and Falco don't is that you won't fall off the edge to your doom due to being a Dash Attack.

F-tilt: Wind Whiffing:
Heppokomaru grabs a large yellow orb from his rear before placing it in front of him, the orb suddenly exploding. The blast box blast sized explosion has infinite priority, doing 19% with knockback killing at 80%. Average start-up lag, low end lag.

One of Heppokomaru's stronger attacks. It is slow, so it won't help with spacing or GTFO purposes, but it's quicker than a Smash and works very well with Neutral Special due to being able to initiate the start-up from a distance.

U-tilt: Lines of Nose Bleeding Pain:
Heppokomaru faces the camera while a Kirby size stench floats from Heppy's rear to right above him. The stench has infinite priority, doing two hits of 2% that do average hitstun with 1 more hit that does 7% with knockback upwards killing at 165%. Low start-up lag, very low end lag.

A fairly simple move that serves as Heppokomaru's fastest kill move and as an anti-air. The multiple hits make it a bit hard for airborne foes to simply dodge it with one spot-dodge.

D-tilt: Halting Backflip:
Heppokomaru bends down before quickly doing a backflip a very short distance into the air moving 1 SBB backwards in distance. Heppokomaru's body has very low priority, doing 3% with weak hitstun. Very low start-up and end lag.

Heppokomaru also leaves behind a Bowser sized cloud where he previously was. The cloud does 1%, and prevents the foe from moving in the opposite direction they entered the cloud as long as they are in the middle of the cloud, which lasts for 2 seconds.

Another good hit and run move, the flip is very quick itself. The stench cloud may seem like a pointless bonus, but if you can keep a foe from moving forward, you can easily counter with a strong move, especially against laggy foes.

~~SMASHES~~
F-Smash: Dragon Head:
Heppokomaru gets into fighting stance while a gas cloud the size of Bowser forms right in front of him. During charge, the cloud will do 1% per 1/2 second and stun foes at half of Mewtwo's D-Special time. After charge, the cloud forms into a dragon head the same size, then chomps down with large fangs. The chomp has infinite priority, doing 24-33% with knockback killing at 85-55%. High start-up, average end lag.

Heppokomaru's best and main kill move, and a twist to the normal power F-Smash. It's not as powerful as the almightly DDD F-Smash, but the stun makes plenty up for it. A very good combo with the Neutral Special, as most other moves are.

U-Smash: Hajike Attack:
Heppokomaru stands while his rear turns yellow. After charge, Heppokomaru lets off a DDD head sized gas cloud from his rear. The cloud does 1% at a regular rate with hitstun pushing foes straight back away from the cloud. Heppokomaru can move while the cloud is there, and can up to 3 more appear behind the original in a straight line, though the clouds will last for 2-6 seconds based on charge. Average start-up lag, low end lag.

This move has one purpose: To space the foes for your attacks. This is exactly why you can choose to make more clouds and why you can move while they are out. Since they appear from Heppy's rear, you can turn around when you are ready so you can attack a well distanced foe. Spacing well enough with this move can be quite brutal with the cloud made from the D-Special.

D-Smash: Fart:
Heppokomaru stands still while charging. After charge, Heppokomaru lets out a fart from his rear (Think Wario's fully charged fart for visual). Foes standing right behind Heppokomaru are stunned 1/10 to full Shield Break time. Low start-up lag, average end lag.

This attack is very useful for Heppy to get a free blow on the foe, but it's kind of hard to use. The attack has absolutely limited range, and unless you charge the attack to such an extent, the end lag can pretty much cancel out the free blow. The fart is hard to land, but well worth it.

~~AERIALS~~
N-air: Gas Ball:
Heppokomaru curls up into a ball, rolling around in mid-air while surrounded by protective gas that spans Heppy much like Lucas' N-air. The gas has infinite priority, doing three hits of 3% that do weak hitstun with 1 more hit that does 4% with knockback killing at 245%. Very low start-up lag, low end lag.

Nothing special, mostly provides protection for Heppokomaru in the air so he isn't helpless but don't expcet it to work that well. Best used as backup or as a decent short-hopped move.

F-air: Accelerator:
Heppokomaru's back suddenly glows as he is quickly pushed forward 1/4 a SBB with his whole body spread out. Heppokomaru's front has average priority, doing 13% with knockback forward killing at 180%. Very low start-up lag, low end lag.

A very quick move for Heppokomaru, though is let down by it's atrocious range. It can help for a bit of projectile defending using the priority. The lag on the end will prevent Heppy from being able to use it for any good.

B-air: Reeking Accordance:
Heppokomaru quickly backflips in midair (Think Lucas' B-air). Heppy's head has average priority, doing 8% with knockback killing at 220%, while his legs have high priority, doing 11% with knockback killing at 205%. Very low start-up lag lag, low end lag.

Anytime during the attack or lag, you can tap A for Heppokomaru to fire a yellow Pokeball sized orb in an arc similar to the Cracker Launcher's aimimg based on what direction Heppokomaru is facing, as well as travelling at the same speed as the afformentioned weapon's ammo. The orb has low priority, doing 4% with average hitstun. The end lag of the attack itself will be put up to average as a trade-off for using this projectile.

This attack oddly has 2 hitboxes, though it's unlikely that both will hit the foe at the same time. This attack has much better range than the F-air, making for a slightly better gimping tool offstage if used well. The projectile can be used as a surprise attack or even as a follow up to hitting the foe with this move, but both require very precise timing.

U-air: Clouds of Sailing:
Heppokomaru flips in mid-air, kicking a yellow Pokeball sized orb into the air a very short distance above himself in a small rainbow arc before crushing the orb with his hands, releasing a Ivysaur sized cloud on both sides of Heppokomaru. The orb has average priority, doing 10% with knockback upwards killing at 190%. As for the clouds, they act like the wind from the SSE stage The Swamp, virtually negating falling speed, but only last for 3 seconds. Low start-up and end lag.

This move serves well as what is probably Heppy's best recovery. The move is gimpable due to not protecting Heppy, however. The actual attack can kill at quite a decent rate. A good move when short-hopped, allowing what could be a decent hit with Heppy's somewhat quick aerials. Works well with the next move after this one below.

D-air: Toilet Release:
Heppokomaru leans backwards in air slightly before firing a small yellow jet from his rear (Think R.O.B's D-air for size and shape), pushing Heppokomaru up 1.5 SBB height in the process. The jet has average priority, doing 19% with knockback straight down killing at 100%, as well as pushing Heppy up 1 extra SBB upon hitting a foe. Average start-up lag, very low end lag.

This attack actually serves as Heppokomaru's one of Heppy's only real recovery options other than his glide. The height acsent is near impossible to use well in competition, but a well timed hit can serve as a early kill off-stage.

Glide Attack: Cloud:
From his gliding position (Spreads arms to fly like Peter Pan), Heppy sprays a yellow cloud from his rear while spinning like a drill, the cloud covering Heppy in a similar way to MK's Drill Rush. The cloud has high priority, doing 11% with knockback killing at 200%. Low start-up and end lag.

The attack is a bit laggy for a glide, but it serves as a nice approach from air, as well as being decently strong.

[SIZE=+5]~~GRAB~~[/SIZE]​
Heppokomaru attempts to reach out and grab a foe with one arm. The grab has moderate traits. Note that Heppokomaru will be under the Neutral Special effect when grabbing, and when using a pummel or throw, both players will slide.
Pummel: Whiff:
A small gas cloud floats over the foe's head, suffocating the foe for 2%. Fairly quick pummel.

F-throw: Shove:
Heppokomaru shoves the foe forward quickly. Does 5% with knockback forward killing at 290%. Barely any throw length.

A simple shove at the foe. You'd do wise in using the moment to hit the foe with the good spacing on this move based on the foe's damage percentage.

B-throw: Lethal:
Heppokomaru throws his opponent behind him, and farts from his rear, making a loud fart noise. Does 9% with knockback killing at 180%. Short length throw.

A reliable throw that's useful for killing off the edge. It won't kill until a high damage percentage, even if you get the foe near a edge, but it's Heppy''s best killing throw.

U-throw: Wind Changer:
Heppokomaru thrusts his hand into the foe's stomach to knock them upwards. Does 4% with knockback upwards killing at 550% as well as negating any moving momentum during a foe's move for the next 4 seconds. Short throw length.

The random effect of this throw can be deadly for nagating recoveries. But it's likely you won't have much luck using this effect to gimp unless potentially combined with a F-air. Best used when you know you can attack the foe with a well timed move so they can't retaliate or apporach you as easily.

D-throw: Forced Fight:
Heppokomaru releases his foe a character distance between in front of him. For the next 2 seconds, neither character can move back any distance, except by Heppokomaru's Neutral and Side Special effects, or if one of the 2 characters is attacked during the 2 seconds.

The effect itself may be random, but don't be fooled. It's best used with the 2 specials so that you force the foe back and force yourself forward. Based on the circumstances, you might be able to get a free attack in. Just remember that this attack is best served as a mindgame along with the 2 Specials.

~FINAL SMASH: ATOMIC BOMB FART~

Heppokomaru sudenly farts out an atomic bomb kind of fart (Think Brawl trailer where Wario does that massive fart), as the screen zooms out to see a mushroom cloud made of fart on a certain part of the planet, then zooms back into the fight, all in a 5 second animation.
The yellow gas spans throughout the whole stage for 10 seconds, doing 5% with average hitstun every second to all enemies.

This Final Smash assists Heppokomaru in KOing foes who are forced to spotdodge every second, meaning you can cut to the chase and land a powerful blow on foes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~PLAYING AS~~
Heppokomaru is in the lightweight department, but his attacks are a bit slow. Luckily for him, he's got what most heavyweight's don't: A great spacing game and the ability to control the distance between him and his foe in close-combat. The Neutral Special allows Heppokomaru to approach or retreat during an attack, but you will mostly use it for moving back unless you feel comfortable approaching the foe.

Heppy's moves are powerful, but not as almighty as the likes of Snake and DDD, so you will have to rack a bit of damage. Heppy's not a combo character, but he can get in a decent hit and run with his Standard and can range with his Side Special (I would not reccomend this), as well as the Down Special.

Heppy needs to use almost all of his Specials at the start of a match. The Up and D-Specials make the life of a camper hard, forcing them to approach. Of course, close combat is not at all in Heppy's favour unless he can score a successful Side Special on the foe, which isn't too difficult at times. Now you can make your foe guess which way they will be moving back, but most likely you will be forcing them back, making a direct hit for slow characters very hard. Manupilating the foes' movement and combining it with mindgames can very well easily get you a direct hit, and Heppy even has some neat moves to help with spacing, such as the U-Smash.

That said, Heppy is quite a force to be reckoned with when off-stage. Foes attempting to recover will most likely be forced back by the Side Special effect, making it very hard for foes to recover. You can guarantee your foes' death by gimping them, but Heppy doesn't have very good recovery at all, so it's not reccomened if you want to live. He can't even turn the other way to recover.

~~PLAYING AGAINST~~
Heppokomaru has his share of weaknesses. For example, he's a lightweight, his recovery options are easily gimpable, he's a fairly large target for his weight, his moves are slow and if he doesn't get all his Specials successfully put in, the match can be difficult for him.

For starters, you shouldn't worry about Heppokomaru's Neutral Special. You can't do anything about it, as well as the attack not affecting you directly, though it can make his approaches easier and some of his attacks harder to punish. You should absolutely try not to get struck by Heppokomaru's Side Special, but this is actually quite easy since the projectile has bad priority, as well as being rather slow. Your battle will be a lot easier if you don't get hit by it.

Just because Heppy can close-combat, it's not to say he can't be bested at it, oh no. If you managed to avoid Heppy's Side Special, he may resort to a hit and run tactic with his Neutral Special. But then again, if Heppy can't successfully space well enough, he won't be able to get in a decent kill.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Heppokomaru is not a character I've ever heard of, nor does he really interest me (I pass on a poo-based moveset and get this? RAGE), but he deserves some comments and not a dead thread, so here we are. It took me a while to really catch whiff of what he was all about, probably because of the smaller font for the intro, but maybe that's a good thing?

Anyway, the superficials first. Heppy has a very simplistic but quite charming organization - I usually don't like the enlarged font unless it especially fits the character, but I can't deny it makes him very readable. I tore through the set in about ten minutes, which may also be due to the nice low detail and the rapidly improving writing style. You still need to work a bit on condensing your thoughts into fewer sentences, but it's getting harder and harder to nitpick about that kind of thing. Except that there must be some easier way to say "yellow Pokeball sized orb", rather than repeating that over and over again.

I love his spacing, and how his NSpec gives him a quasi-wavedash; his whole playstyle is simple but very intuitive. His moves aren't appealing thematically but they're very cool in terms of creativity. And the simplicity is just right. You don't overdo it by trying to make every attack easily implementable into Brawl, but you also know that keeping some moves almost generic in all but animation is not the end of the world and helps flow.

Long story short, cool set, man. Probably your best, but I have to admit I skipped Nightmare, so that's not a definitive statement. His detail level seems a lot more proper, though.

MT: I wouldn't say Hornet Man is way better than Khee'bler. I mean, I wouldn't say Hornet Man is better at all, but I don't think many would agree with me there.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Heppokomaru

I don't have much to add other than what Rool said. I like his playstyle, as well as the Neutral Special (the idea of sliding around is so cool to me). Your writing style is definitely better, much better than Suzu. I don't mind the large font; it just makes the set easier to read, in my opinon. I'm not familiar with the series, though. The only anime I watch are Death Note, FMA, and Code Lyoko.

King Iwata

Smash Rookie
I don't think this moveset could be implemented all that well into our game. It's presented well enough, certainly, but I find that it'd be rather bland when put on actual paper and put into a game. Besides, I doubt our fans would much appreciate the character and it wouldn't be worth the trouble we'd have to go through to get the rights to Bobobobobobobobobobobobobo. Besides, wouldn't we add Bobobobobobobobobobobobobo himself before this Hekkoporamu person?

Sir Kojima

Smash Rookie
I agree with Iwata-san. Going through the trouble of asking Sakurai-san to include Solid Snake was enough difficulty. An anime or manga character has no chance of being designed for a Nintendo video game. Why, also, would a secondary character be included before the series' flagship star? No sense, it makes.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Rather than have spam and not break the Gentleman's Rules, I'll just break them.

Background

Great Tiger is a recurring character in the Punch-Out!! series, making appearances in all of the games. He is the "Champion of India", hailing from Mumbai in the Wii version of Punch-Out!! but Bombay in the others. His main claim to fame is his difficulty and his potent magic- is magic even allowed in boxing?! His strong punches, confusing movement, and mindgames make him a tough opponent in Punch-Out!! and in Brawl he's no different.

Statistics

Weight ≈ 6/10 ≈ Middleweight
Height ≈ 6/10 ≈ Normal Human Size
Power ≈ 10/10 ≈ Powerful
Run ≈ 5/10 ≈ Average
Jump ≈ 5/10 ≈ Average
Attack Speed ≈ 2/10 ≈ Extremely Laggy
Fall Speed ≈ 5/10 ≈ Average
Priority ≈ 8/10 ≈ High

Moveset

Special Attacks

Neutral Special Blink

[IF TAPPED]
Great Tiger's jewel on his turban flashes a random color, but he doesn't attack. The move has no start-up lag (his jewel will immediately flash on command) but [0.2 seconds] of end lag. If used on the ground he will remain in his ground stance, and if used in the air he will remain in his falling animation.

This feature of the move is crucial to Great Tiger's mindgame playstyle. Most of Great Tiger's attacks on the ground and air flash a certain color before attacking, giving the enemy a heads-up to what's coming next. While this would normally make him low tier and he'd always get interrupted because of the painful start-up lag on these attacks, his power stat (the highest in the game) and mindgames such as this well make up for it.

[IF HELD IN]
If you hold the B Button in, however, Great Tiger will do nothing, not even if you let it go. Instead, you must attack while holding the button in for the second part of the move to take effect.

Attacking will cause Great Tiger's jewel to flash with the corresponding color . . . but he doesn't do anything. It's a bluff! While the [0.2 second] end lag takes effect, you can do any attack to make Great Tiger immediately perform it. This is, of course, as useful as the tapped version of the move. Using it well is up to you.​

Side Special Duplicate

[FIRST TIME USE]
Great Tiger laughs as an exact duplicate of himself appears beside him instantly. The duplicate is exactly like him aesthetically, except it is slightly see-through. The duplicate will mirror all of Great Tiger's attacks . . . except perform them [0.2 seconds] faster than the attack itself.

The duplicate is invincible but can not deal any damage or knockback to the opponent. It stays on the field for fifteen seconds. Items, opponents, and attacks can go straight through the duplicate as if it was a ghost. You can only have one duplicate in play at any time. The duplicate will normally stay within [three Stage Builder blocks] in front of Great Tiger. You can grab the duplicate to position it somewhere else, but this will be explained later.

[IF USED WHILE A DUPLICATE IS IN PLAY]
Great Tiger will switch places instantly with any duplicate within [three Stage Builder blocks] of himself. This happens instantly, with nothing to indicate that it happened. This is yet another mindgame that Great Tiger has in his arsenal.​

Up Special Teleport

Great Tiger teleports, in a flash of light, directly above his duplicate. It takes about as long as [Zelda's Faeore's Wind] recovery to do.

If you say, "Generic recovery is generic!", I'd like to see you make a better recovery.​

Down Special Into Red Smoke

Great Tiger folds his arms and laughs as a plume of red smoke akin to a Smoke Ball billows out from beneath his feet. It starts instantly, and will continue as long as you hold this move in. This cloud obscures everything Great Tiger does, as it is as wide as Bowser and will float up and disappear at the peak of 1½ Ganondorf's height.

Only Great Tiger's silloutte can be seen through the smoke, and his duplicate's silloutte looks exactly like his. This also completely obscures his jewel, so the opponent can't see what color it flashes when he's behind the veil. Quite a nifty technique.

To keep this up while you attack, just hold in the B Button while you attack. The instant you release B, the smoke vanishes.

Standard Attacks

Standard Attack Tiger Straight

Great Tiger's gem flashes red and he does a strong straight punch with his left arm. This comes out fairly quick (after the start-up lag, of course) and hits hard, too. It deals good knockback for a pummel, about [two Stage Builder blocks].

[15%]

Dash Attack Shoulder Barge

[IF GREAT TIGER IS IN FRONT]
Great Tiger throws all of his momentum into his shoulder as he stops, dealing a hefty [12%] to anyone in the way. This deals slightly less knockback than his pummel.

If the duplicate is behind you, following you, it will continue to dash forward after Great Tiger does the shoulder barge and run [three Stage Builder Blocks] in front of Great Tiger before doing the shoulder barge itself.

[IF THE DUPLICATE IS IN FRONT]
Great Tiger's duplicate will throw all of its momentum into its shoulder as it stops, but it will not do anything. If Great Tiger is within [three Stage Builder Blocks] behind his duplicate, he will continue to dash forward [three Stage Builder Blocks] before doing the delayed shoulder barge, which is the same as the one before.

[12%]

Forward Tilt Tiger Hook

Great Tiger's jewel flashes bright green as he charges up this attack. It has slightly more lag than his Standard Attack, but it is barely noticeable. He will then unleash a powerful hook at chest level. The hook deals [17%] with great knockback, around [4 Stage Builder blocks].

The hook will go into the background for part of this attack, so it can actually hit opponents that spot-dodge. Great Tiger will always come into the background with his fist first, resulting in hitting anyone who spot-dodges this attack.

A duplicate doing this attack will actually hook with the opposite arm, which may mislead the opponent into spot-dodging right into Great Tiger's real fist.

[17%]

Up Tilt Tiger Uppercut

Great Tiger's jewel flashes blue before he bends low and comes up with a very powerful uppercut. This has significantly more lag than his Standard Attack, because he has the combined lag of his jewel flashing and him bending down to strike.

All this accumulates into one extremely powerful uppercut, dealing [20%] and high upward knockback, around [six Stage Builder blocks]. Do NOT get hit by this attack.

[20%]

Down Tilt Crouching Tiger

[IF USED ALONE]
Great Tiger crouches low, with his gloves up to hide his face. He will stay like this indefinitely, until an opponent knocks him out of it. You don't even have to hold the button down for him to stay in this position. Pressing down and the A Button again will make Great Tiger exit this stance.

Any attack done in this stance that requires his jewel to flash will have the jewel flash start-up lag done in this stance but without the jewel flashing a color, and then Great Tiger will do the attack. Great Tiger's Forward Tilt, for example. The gem will not flash green, but he will remain in the crouching stance until he has to do the hook, so then he will instantly switch from the crouching animation to doing the hook itself standing up.

[IF USED WITH A DUPLICATE]
Great Tiger's duplicate will be crouched with its back to him, facing the other direction. You can do his Side Special while in this state to switch Great Tiger and his duplicate's position. The duplicate will perform an attack when Great Tiger performs an attack, but it will do a different attack (for instance, doing a Forward Smash when Great Tiger does an Up Tilt).​

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash Megaton Punch

Great Tiger's jewel flashes orange the moment you start charging this attack. While charging it, Great Tiger will stand in his idle pose. When you release this attack uncharged, Great Tiger will do a straight punch that deals [27%] and medium knockback. If you do this attack fully charged, Great Tiger will do the same punch, but it deals massive knockback and [47%]

[27% uncharged] [47% fully charged]

Up Smash Hidden Dragon

Great Tiger's jewel flashes purple the moment you start charging this attack. While charging it, Great Tiger will stand in his idle pose. When you release this attack, Great Tiger will do an uppercut similar to the one in his [Tiger Uppercut]. If it doesn't connect, he will suffer mild ending lag. If it does connect, however, he will do the uppercut, but a cloud of purple fog will pop he and his opponent up into the air a distance equal to half of Ganondorf's height.

The longer you charge this attack, the more hits Great Tiger gets on his opponent, and the farther they go in the air, because he can perform multiple uppercuts. You see, for every [20%] this attack is charged, the opponent isn't knocked away, but takes "air hitstun" and gets hit by Great Tiger's fist again. The final hit deals [three Stage Builder blocks] distance of knockback, and for every hit Great Tiger lands in one attack, he and the opponent pop further into the air. Great Tiger does not enter a helpless state after this attack.

[10% per hit]

Down Smash Back Attack

Great Tiger's jewel flashes yellow the moment you start charging this attack. While charging it, Great Tiger holds his gloves together at chest height. Once you release this smash, nothing happens. At least, nothing happens until the opponent attacks you. You see, for as long as you charged this attack, Great Tiger will look exactly like his duplicate, in that he will be semi-transparent.

If you are attacked in this state, Great Tiger will immediately disappear and reappear behind his opponent to deal a swift and brutal blow. He will deal a straight punch identical to the [Tiger Straight] to the opponent's back. This also deals [two Stage Builder blocks] knockback and [15%] damage to the foe. When the time ends, Great Tiger suffers slight end lag as he changes back.

[15%]

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial Top Spin

Great Tiger spins around in the air like a top. Since his arms are stretched straight out, he has a high priority hitbox on both sides of him that deals [9%] per hit with GTFO-ish knockback.

[9%]

Forward Aerial Feral Strike

Great Tiger thrusts his fist against the post forward a surprising distance, him stretching to reach [two Stage Builder blocks] in front of him, dealing [15%] and very high knockback. In fact, he looks like Jigglypuff doing Pound in the air. This is probably Great Tiger's best option while in the air, other than an input coming up. This is also one of his best KO moves. He suffers weedy end lag if it doesn't connect with the opponent, though.

[15%]

Backward Aerial Backhand

Great Tiger simply does a rough backhand to the opponent behind him. It deals [8%] and GTFO knockback again. Since it's hard to connect the oddly swung fist, I would advise not using this much. There is slight start-up lag on this attack as well.

[8%]

Up Aerial Indian Rope Trick

Great Tiger grabs anyone above him and actually climbs them as if they were a rope. The bigger and taller they are, the more he has to grip and climb. Each time he grips, they take [7%]. It would take him a second and three grips to climb someone as tall as Ganondorf, for instance. Once Great Tiger climbs to the top of the foe, they will enter a footstooled state.

[7%]

Down Aerial Comet Punch

Great Tiger flips upside down and punches anyone below. This is extremely quick in execution, faster than any of Great Tiger's attacks. Anyone who gets hit by him take [13%] and very high knockback, spiking them down. This is the best and only follow-up of the [Indian Rope Trick].

[13%]

Grabs and Throws

Grab Tiger Hold

Great Tiger's jewel flashes white and he grabs the opponent just like in that .GIF. He will hold them in a grip similar to a bear hug.​

Duplicate Grab Taking Up Post

If Great Tiger tries to grab his duplicate, he will instead point in a location directed by the control stick. Great Tiger's duplicate will walk [seven Stage Builder blocks] away and stand still in the direction you pointed. If you point up or down, the duplicate will stand on the platform nearest Great Tiger in that direction.

To bring the duplicate back to Great Tiger's side, all you have to do is one of his taunts. The duplicate will mimic whatever attacks Great Tiger does when he's away from him.​

Pummel Squeeze

Great Tiger squeezes the opponent, as if giving them a hug. This has a fairly long duration for a pummel.

[8%]

Forward Throw Tiger Slash

Great Tiger releases the foe and slashes them across the front with his glove. This has great knockback, a little more than Mario's BThrow.

[14%]

Backward Throw Low Blow

Great Tiger releases the opponent and punches them in the gut, then he simply tosses them behind him with one hand as if they were garbage. This has pitiful knockback but decent damage, [10%].

[10%]

Up Throw Kickoff

Great Tiger falls back with his opponent dealing 5% to them as they hit the ground. He releases them and extremely quickly, as they hang in the air above him before falling, he does a powerful upward kick to them. This has great knockback and deals [13%], but it leaves Great Tiger on his back on the ground.

[13%]

Down Throw Dizzy Punch

Great Tiger releases the foe and punches them in the head, resulting in comical birds floating around them and them looking dizzy. They can still move around in this state, but their movement speed is cut in half and they have double the chance of tripping. Great Tiger will not grab a confused foe.

[11%]

Final Smash

SALAZAAAAAAAAAH!

Great Tiger steps back and with a battle cry he glows and starts firing off copies of himself at the opponent! They rush along the ground and deal a straight punch that deals [50%] and massive knockback to the foe. He will send one out every time you press A.

[50%]

Playstyle

Playing As

Great Tiger is really all about getting up close and personal and scaring off the foe with mindgames. First things first, summon a duplicate. This is absolutely essential for mindgames. Once you get that set up, go in for some punches. For pesky spammers like Pit or Falco, grab your duplicate and send them in their direction. Then simply teleport or switch places with the duplicate. Next, set up Into Red Smoke (DSpec) and follow up with a tilt or smash attack. If you want insurance, do Great Tiger's DSmash all the way, especially when the opponent isn't near you. That's basically it, in a nutshell. Finding out all the different lulzy mindgames is up to you.

As for who beats whom, Great Tiger is ***** by campers and long ranged attackers, but devastates close ranged attackers. He also has terrible Aerial DI. I mean, really terrible.

Match Ups

VS Meta Knight ≈ 20/80 ≈ Meta Knight's favor
This is a pretty solid win for Meta Knight, because he's simply too fast. Since Great Tiger has lag on almost every damage-dealing attack, Meta Knight will have no problem interrupting every tilt, smash, and grab. The only thing that can out speed Meta Knight is Great Tiger's DAir. Meta Knight doesn't **** him too hard in the air, but you have no chance of avoiding an Aerial Mach Tornado. All Meta Knight has to do is pressure Great Tiger til his inevitable defeat.

VS Cloud of Darkness ≈ 60/40 ≈ Great Tiger's favor
Since Great Tiger has no ranged options at all, this is going to be a tough battle to fight when not in close-quarters. As long as Cloud of Darkness keeps him at bay, it will work out for her, though he does have a few tricks. Simply put, keep a duplicate near her at all times. This way, Great Tiger can simply get up right in her face in an instant, rather than worry about getting around her spacing options such as Anti-Air Particle Beam and Lingering Malice. He has slightly more lag than her on his moves, but preempting his attacks will either hit her before she does hers or clank against each other, resulting in a priority battle.

Thrash About, 0-form Particle Beam, and Fusillade Particle Beam will give Great Tiger a hell of problems. If you get forced into the air, you have a few options. You can either: spam UAir to DAir, for epic results (this works a lot) or FAir (which might not work as much due to a small hitbox but still results in epic K.O.s). Great Tiger has to avoid the voids, but his aerial DI sucks ***, so this might be a problem. Overall, preempt your attacks on the ground and play it smart in the air for an edge over Cloud.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
GREAT TIGER

So... Khold comes out with a second set. Whee. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm a massive fan of this set. Kholdstare was a promising return to your MYM career, but Great Tiger is a step down from him. You sort of implied in the chat that you rushed this so MW would stop bothering you about it, and it's really quite evident here. Please, try not to make rush jobs; this moveset had a lot of potential that you seemed to be harnessing in the beginning that dramatically dropped off at the end.

The beginning of the set is the quality part. The specials are fairly interesting, and (theoretically) are quite relevant to the playstyle... though the exception is with the Up Special. Third jumps don't allow for a lot of leeway, but there's no excuse for a generic teleport. Squadalah carpet now please. Anyway, the specials still feel a little underdetailed and somewhat lazy (Into Red Smoke is a clone of Jafar's Neutral Special, even retaining the name), but this adds to readability and all... eh. This isn't a big problem here...

...It's a big problem later in the set. The tilts and smashes retain the originality and relevance to playstyle of the specials, the Up Smash being pretty interesting and one of my favorite moves... though sloppiness is still present. The Forward Smash feels very Sakurai-ish, and the Down Smash is a ripoff of both The Joker and Illidan's Down Smashes, and some other moveset I can't remember right now. This is really a problem in the aerials and throws.

Yeah, the aerials and throws are without a doubt the weakest part of the set. The prime example of this is the Up Aerial, which is a ripoff of Kangaskhan's. Ripping off a Roolian Up Aerial? ARE YOU MAD? Yeah, and the rest of the aerials are generic punches and lunges or whatever. Lamesauce. Onto the grabs, the part with the clone grab was promising but the throws don't do squat to differentiate themselves from Sakuraian ones. The Final Smash is a letdown as well. It would still be generic as any other moves. It's almost, but not quite, as bland as Roolian Final Smashes. Really?

And the playstyle. This is one of the most important parts of the set, and it's two paragraphs. His playstyle is pretty deep from what I can tell too, so... And the matchups too, you did a completely unnecessary MK **** and an obvious advertisement.

And now that we're beyond that, Great Tiger is broken. You claim him to be slow, but he really isn't so slow (on the other hand, you don't mention lag as often as you should, so I can't tell), and he has vast mindgame potential with his blink and ripped off down special. The moves that don't do obscene damage or knockback have some special property, and sometimes you have both. Winning with Great Tiger is as simple as spamming Blink a few times and throwing out some obscene attacks for a quick KO.

I originally didn't intend for this review to be as negative as it is. Great Tiger has some things going for him, like his awesomesauce organization. He's just obviously very, very rushed. Had you put some more thought into the moves, this could have been a strong contender, and you did that early in the moveset. Khold, you certainly have talent, but Great Tiger just isn't showing all that much of it.

EDIT: Looking back, I was far, far too harsh in this review. I still think Great Tiger seems rushed, but it's certainly a quite interesting excercise. I prefer Kholdstare though.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's time to play that game! Everyone's favorite game. Darth Meanie's I'm going back and reading all of these sets you guys keep posting time. WHOOO!

Anyways, I last left off Tomahawk Man. Creative moves with long winded descriptions abound in this set. Playstyle is pretty cool, at first I didn't like the tree mechanic, but you made it work, with a score of move interactions. On the other hand, a few moves seemed out of place, the biggest one being the Down Tilt. Random stat changes? Seems random and useless to me.

Anyways, besides a few issues, some prop problems (especially in the throws, a glider ax? really?) and a long winded writing style, Tomahawk Man is rather solid. Some things just feel like complexity added for the sake of complexity, like firing fire arrows with his forward air; it'd be a lot simpler to put them in as a regular move.

Still a fun read though, and the versatility you pull out of your seeds is pretty awesome. Great to see you can do more than just sit (CHEW) the fat on the chat Plorf.

Next up is Paper Mario, who is a character with a lot of potential. Let's see how you did. This set is obviously a nostalgia blast to anyone familiar with the series, but perhaps too much so. One of the most striking would be the down tilt, which makes very little sense and seems very much like a move with a prop for a twist.

Another complaint I would have is that you have several moves that seem rather important to the set, notably the Down Smash, but 50% of the time you're going to be using a character who doesn't give you access to it. Changing up certain moves that can be important to his playstyle seems rather unintuitive. It doesn't help that said Down Smash is incredibly long either.

I question the emphasis on the Star Power and Final Smash, but its all in good fun, and doesn't hurt anything at all. I wish you had put the summary of what the helpers each specialize in at the beginning of the match, though. The playstyle is nice, and well written, although I feel that there was more you could have gotten out of him than just space and stall. Actually, from the way I read through it I thought at first that you would be using the Star Pieces to get a Final Smash without a Smash Ball, and considering the effort you put into it, that would have been an excellent addition for his playstyle of slow stall.

Still a good set though, and I felt a lot of good work come out of the combination of SkylerOcon and Wizzerd. You complimented each other in this moveset fairly well, so well done there. Oh, and the organization was brilliant. Credit for that.

And did someone drop a deuce on my screen? Oh wait, it's just BKupa. Speaking of that, Great Mighty Poo is up. It's not a combo character, so first let me express my utmost joy at that fact. That said, this disgusting moveset actually shows a lot of creativity from what I've seen.

My favorite part of this set though is how you took a single effective killing move, and boosted it up with the jab and special mechanic at high damage levels. It's an interesting take and well done over all. Most of the time you don't see good single KO move sets, but first Wheel Gator, now Great Mighty Poo. Whaddyaknow?

There aren't that many negatives I can think of, although I wonder why he gets access to his projectile game in his crouch. Also, being able to portal with his Down Special and Down Smash seems like overkill. These are mild complaints for a good set, definitely up with Bleak and Voldemort among your best.

Finally we've got Great Tiger, who I had the privilege of previewing. The set still feels a little rushed, and I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't take my suggestions about the air game, but it's still a decent set, if not quite at the level of Kholdstare.

The shining gem mechanic was one I was wary about when you first mentioned it, but you pulled a lot of mileage out of it, and made it a solid part of the set. The duplicate too has this, but to a lesser degree than the jewel. Again though, tricks such as the combination of the jab and Forward Tilt were pretty sweetly done.

There are still some problems here, like uninspired throws and aerials, the latter of which are very strong for a character you wanted to have a weak air game, like I mentioned in the chat, and its disappointing that you removed the jewel glow for his air game. The smashes too were a little less inspired, although I talked you out of your more creative Forward Smash because of its problems, so I won't quite get upset at you for that.

It's nice to see you making sets though, so I'm glad to see this up here. Your organization and minimalistic writing style could still use some work, but considering the time spent here as opposed to Kholdstare, you definitely pulled a lot more bang out of your buck.

Oh, and I loved the coloration you did with the star thingies to match the jewel. Nice touch.​

JOE!

Smash Hero
Great tiger:

Im gonna talk about 1 thing here that irked me throughout the set: BALANCE

he does wayyy too much damage/kb for the lag (or lack of lag in some descriptions) of the moves he does

hell, he even has 2 ways of negating lag altogether

I have no idea why you'd ever have a 20/80 mk match, it should be the other way around...all Tiger needs to win is to N B or Dtilt-> attack then profit. Then, he has other parts of a moveset to stack...

I find it detracts from a set when it is clearly over or underpowered....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Great Tiger

One of the most waited-for Punch Out sets yet, up there with Popinski and Disco Kid
(right?)
, has finally been posted. The set has several very interesting aspects to it, but a few questionable ones as well. Blink is certainly a fun mindgames special, as is Duplicate (seriously, this had to be in there). But...the fact that you rushed the set to stop MW badgering you is evident in that you not only cloned Jafar's special (albeit melding it into a recovery), but had Up Special be near completely situational and useless. Such placeholders for such important move inputs are definitely not my thing.

*resists urge to comment TWSS on 'in front' duplicate headers*

The other attacks seem fairly fitting (Crouching Tiger and Indian Rope Trick standing out particularly), although...the whole power theme seems so out-of-place on the skinny-arse Indian boxer. Sure he has magic, but shouldn't it play more into his mindgames playstyle? He seems rather overpowered as a whole, while his playstyle seems rather one-dimensional. I mean, set up a duplicate, mindgame with your turban and smoke, and KO? I can't say I'm a fan of Great Tiger over Khold's interesting icy styles (which I'm quite partial to, if Bleak wasn't indication enough; there needs to be more ice-types). He's a nice set and all, but I don't think he has what it takes to stand among the more playstyle-centered Punch Out sets.

He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts. Yep, I caught that bit in there...

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
First, sorry about the lack of comments - I've had myself a busy couple months. But know that I've kept up with the thread, and I'm loving the movesets. :) Particularly Paper Mario, Hector, a whole slew of boxers, and plenty of others I simply can't recall because it's been so long. XD

Secondly, the set I said I'd have done in a few days a few months ago... I finally did that. Can't say I'm completely pleased with the outcome - here's a tip: don't take a month and a half break in the middle of a moveset. The name's of attacks you jotted down at the time will very probably sound like complete lunacy when you come back to them. That being said, it was salvageable.

So, with respect towards the Gentleman's Rules, I humbly await the next page. =P

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Great Tiger

Ah, so this is the Punchout boxer who actually has a lot of potential due to his magic syndrome. His ground game made great use of it, with his jewel mini-mechanic, his duplicates, and while his down-special was immediatley seen as jafar's, it was used very differently. I also loved how the "jewel" in the headers matched it for the attacks. His air-game was kinda meh however, though I felt his climbing Uair was pretty cool. I also like the special grab on his duplicates.

Playstyle-wise, he was one of the better implementations of mind-game focused playstyles, though that may be partially because there aren't many of them to begin with. His aerials badly needed some actual purpose with it besides just being there. While I do agree that he probably should have been more even in the speed/power ratio, there is one I thing I would like to point out, and this is targeted at everyone and not just Khold...

mindgame-based playstyles are extremley difficult to balace. In theory, a character with below average stats but with tons of "unpredicatbility" should be perfectly fine, right? Well, the thing is, even if the character is perfectly designed with 100 different mindgames, a human player will inevitably fall into some sort of patter of preffered moves and ignoring others. Kefka in Final Dissidia is supposedly mind-game focused to make up for otherwise sub-par stats, and he's pretty much garbage tier!

Now, granted, I DO think Great Tiger needed more detail. Stuff like his FSmash should have had a mention of how laggy it was so people don't immeidaltey assume he is laglessly doing 47%, which actually has already happened. While I suppose you intended for his stats at the beginning to be "unless otherwise stated" sort of deal, it's better to mention it specifically in each move. But I don't really think we can necessarily fault Khold for all of the balance problems when he was already faced with making a playstyle that is so difficult to make work in the first place.

So overall, I like this set. It may not be the greatest set ever, but if was fun. It had some really nice concepts that I'd love to see developed a bit more. Honestly, this set would be perfectly good with just a better air game and some more detail. So thanks Khold for providing me with another matchup for Macho Man this enjoyable moveset.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Why is my set, that I aburptly got this page for, getting ignored? (Im proud to say that I now know that each page can have up to 15 posts, which helped me) I guess everyone was expecting Great Tiger, but please at least say SOMETHING about my set, like if you read it, cause I don't know if you did read it. It made me a bit sad to see "Great Tiger" everywhere on this page and only 2 comments on my set. Did everyone skip my set just because of farting and it was posted after GMP?

I'll comment on...

[size=+2]Great Tiger[/size]
The post of this set was good timing. I was getting scared by those last 2 comments before this sets post.
The fact that GT uses magic was really weird for Punch-Out, and I thought it was OOC, but I guess it's the creators of the game's fault. Anyway, I think he kind of has Magic Syndrome. He's a boxer, but has all this random magic stuff. 2 SBB is too far for a man to stretch his arm, I tell you. That's like 2 Bowsers. The F-throw does more damage than the B-throw as well which contradicts the B-throw. Mostly I would say that some of Great Tiger's moves (Aerial and the Grab) don't really fit into GT's game. He also does seem to be too powerful, though I guess it's ok. It looked like you tried to grasp GT's game in Punch Out, and I congratulate you on that. I guess like others he could have had a little more work, it's easy to fall into the trap of rushing the last few moves of a set. I liked Khold better.

This set needs a random Final Smash like Kholdstare. Also the Final Smash needs a bit more detail unless I presume it lasts for 15 seconds.

That's 1 extra post before Apemasta' posts his next set.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
GREAT TIGER
This moveset is without a doubt getting too much bashing. I’m very much a fan of the duplicate mechanic and love how it’s implemented into his ground game, just wishing it were put into more of the aerials and throws to spice them up. That and, y’know, detail. I’m the detail nazi, remember? I’ve eased up a LOT recently, but. . .This is ridiculous. The playstyle section could also use a buff, considering how great this guy’s playstyle really is. It should be showcased, not discarded.

And it’s not even so much the imbalance of the set that I care about as it is that I don’t think he should be a power character, much less the most powerful of all the boxers. All the other boxers can’t really be anything but power characters, why should we force the few that don’t have to be power characters to turn into them also? You might’ve been able to get away with it if his power moves were magic based, but you’re just using his scrawny (In comparison to the other boxers, at least) body.

Organization is just as stellar as Khold if not better, what with the little gems colored like the ones in his attacks and such. Musical headers and animated gifs are also great pluses, and he can be read through in a 5 minute sitting if it’s uninterrupted. While the set could without a doubt be very much improved, it’s already plenty good as is, and it’d be a very simple matter of changing a few numerical values and throwing in lag to the descriptions, so that's rather a moot point. Seeing you're uncaring for detail and balance and yet great at organization, it seems you're following in a certain MYMer's footsteps. . .

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
There's something about Great Tiger's organization. It's incredibly simple, almost to a fault, but does wonders for readability. Easy to read through, a focus on the moveset itself... I like it.

All in all, I really like his style - the entire Blink mechanism is great, and I love how you added subtle twists with attacks like Crouching Tiger (one of my favorite attacks in the set). My only big complaint is his power - Megaton Punch deals 27% uncharged? Like HR said, lag was never mentioned, so it might check out. A few other attacks suffer from an inflated ego, namely Tiger Hook and Feral Strike, but nothing too horribly broken. Other than that, get a new Up Special. I believe Wizzerd put it perfectly. ;)

Now, allow me to apologize in advance for a double-post - this certainly wasn't a bump in disguise. ;)

(But seriously, thread activity would do wonders)

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
It's x2 DIE!

"So zetta slow! The master mathematician,
Sho Minamimoto

has joined the Brawl!"

"Any sound can shake the air.
My voice shakes the heart!" - Bio

"Sho Minamimoto is the youngest Game Master of the Reapers in Shibuya at 18, and the second Game Master Neku battles. More a mathematician than a brawler, it is revealed he excels in all areas of leadership except one -- he will not cooperate with others. Given his obsession with mathematics, he loves to speak in mathematical terms with other people." - TWEWY Wiki

That's right, another TWEWY set from yours truly. Sho (a.k.a. Pi-Face, The Grim Heaper, Tabooty) is perhaps one of Neku's most powerful foes - at his highest, he is nigh invincible, and is willing to sacrifice his body to achieve such status. Minamimoto's most intriguing aspect is his ability to summon Taboo Noise - an extraordinary crime among those of Reaper status. These Noise are feral, and will attack Player and Reaper on a whim. This ability is translated quite literally in Super Smash Bros. Sho will fight along with a veritable army of Taboo Noise at his disposal.

"This is my latest masterpiece. I call it: "Myself"!"
Mechanic: Taboo Noise Refinery Sigils

Minamimoto's Neutral Special will create a mark on the ground - a Taboo Noise Refinery Sigil. The primary use of the "generator" is to summon a Taboo Noise into the fray. Each sigil can generate a total of 3 Soul. Soul, in SSB terms, is the energy fueling the Refinery Sigil. Once the Soul has been exhausted, the generator will spark slightly and fade away. In addition, there can only be a total manifestation of 9 Soul on the field at a time. Depending on rarity, Noise will consume different amounts of Soul - Common Noise consume 1 Soul, Uncommon Noise consume 2 Soul, and Rare Noise will consume 3 Soul, exhausting the entire Sigil.

Noise are sometimes capable of utilizing a Zone Jump. Under certain circumstances, such as Sho utilizing an attack that requires a certain Noise's presence, the Noise will tear across the stage in a small black streak, reforming at its destination. The effect is a purely cosmetic means of transporting Noise.

Sho's recovery also makes use of the Refinery Sigil. Using it, however, corrupts him with Taboo energy. Like all high-ranking Reapers, Minamimoto is able to mutate into a Noise form. Throughout battle, he will phase his body in and out of this form with no consequence. Reviving himself with his recovery, however, will slowly and permanently transform the Reaper, with detrimental effects.
  • 1 Rebirth - Sho is visibly corrupted, his clothes tattered and hat completely missing. His tattoos also begin spreading across his body. So far, Sho suffers no ill effects - in fact, the starting lag on his attacks is cut down by a third! (Example)
  • 2 Rebirths - Taboo tattoos dominate Sho's body, his features more feral. His good traction is halved. (Example)
  • 3 Rebirths - Upon his third Rebirth, Sho's wings shatter - any moves (including his Air Dodge) that require the use of his wings can no longer be used - and he completely transforms into Leo Cantus. His size increases to the maximum 10/10, a double-edged sword - his reach is extended, but he is now a much larger target. In addition, Sho loses his all of his Specials, and his Refinery Sigil sparks and fades away. This is the Reaper's last stand - he has sacrificed both his body and his status as a Reaper for sheer power. In this form, he cannot create Refinery Sigils, destroying his recovery. (Example)
Each Rebirth costs 1 Soul. Once revived, Sho will be counted in the onstage Soul manifestation - therefore, the first Rebirth will essentially limit him to summoning 8 Soul worth of Noise, the second limiting him to 7, and so on. After Minamimoto is KO'd, he reverts to his original form, losing the cap on Soul.

"Any tree can drop an apple.
I'll drop the freakin' moon." - Stats/Animations

Size: 7/10 - The Grim Heaper's tall, but relatively slender. Standing still, his hands will sit idly in his pockets while a malevolent smile reaches across his face. Leave him alone too long, and he'll start counting on his fingers...
Weight: 6/10 - Sho is more or less average in this department. His bulky clothing weighs him down ever so slightly.
Crouch: 3/10 - Sho has trouble taking orders - he certainly is going to bow to anyone. He merely takes a knee, holding onto his hat as he does so.
Recovery: 10/10 or 3/10 - Sho's jumping ability is nothing special - a hop-skip here, a rather acrobatic flip there - hence the 3/10. His recovery move, however, can save him from anywhere on stage. Unfortunately for him, he can only use it 3 times...
Speed: 7/10 - Pi-Face is a decent runner. His walk is a quickly calculated gait, while his dash is a bit more sloppy. His Dash Attack is a great means of transportation.
Traction: 7/10 - His Noise form is Latin for "Singing Lion." Does that sound trip-prone to you?

Shield: Sho holds one arm out, palm forward, and covers his face with the other.
Dizzy: Sho facepalms as he reels from the stun.
Sleep: Sho dozes off is he sits, bracing himself with one arm as the other rests carelessly on his upright knee. A small thought bubble shows that he's counting... complex fractions of sheep?
Roll: Sho cartwheels across the background.
Spot Dodge: Sho turns a 360-degree spin on the ball of his foot.
Air Dodge: Sho's wings materialize on his back and blow him into the background.

"CRUNCH! I'll add it
to the heap!" - Specials

Neutral Special - Taboo Noise Refinery Sigil/Noise Summon: When first used, Sho stoops to the ground and begins scribbling with his index and middle fingers, the massive tattoos covering his arms acting as a sort of "ink." Drawing a complete Refinery Sigil takes 3 seconds - if Sho is hit during this time, the unfinished generator will fade away. If Minamimoto succeeds in creating a complete Refinery Sigil, he is now free to summon Noise.

Using Sho's Neutral Special with a functioning Refinery Sigil on the field summons a random Taboo Noise to the field. (Rarity, Summon time, HP)

• Choirfrog (Common, .5 seconds, 10 HP): These small, relatively easygoing Noise hop around the stage aimlessly. If approached from a block or so away, they will springboard off of foes, dealing 8% and flinching knockback.

• Grunge Wolf (Uncommon, 1.5 seconds, 25 HP): Grunge Wolves immediately Zone Jump to Sho's side upon being summoned . They will follow their master like an Ice Climber, acting as a meat shield of sorts.

• Wall of Grizzly (Rare, 3 seconds, 15 HP): These rogue Noise are berserkers. Wall of Grizzlies will rush in one direction, and pounce on the first enemy in their sights. The attack is brutal - dealing 20% and ridiculously high vertical knockback. Luckily for the victim, their defenses are weak - the Grizzly suffers an extremely punishable end lag after it pounces, which can easily be exploited to take out its low HP. Grizzlies will rush offstage if it doesn't cross paths with an opponent.

• Death Metal Mink (Common, 1 second, 15 HP): Death Metal Minks will not attack of their own accord. They can, however, be picked up and placed by Minamimoto, and are a common summon. They're true power shines only during Sho's Up-Tilt after being properly placed.

• Chaoti Corehog (Uncommon, 1 second, 20 HP): Chaoti Corehogs are slow moving Noise that attack any opponent that approaches them from behind. A Corehog's quills will extend 1.5 blocks behind them, dealing 15% and flinching knockback.

• Eurobeat Boomer (Rare, 2.5 seconds, 25 seconds): Boomers will remain stationary, defending their new outpost. If approached from the front, they will rear onto their tails, kicking forward with both legs for 13% and average horizontal knockback.

• Neoclassical Drake (Rare, 4 seconds, 30 HP): The Neoclassical Drake is among the rarest Noise at Minamimoto's disposal. After their lengthy exit from the Refinery Sigil, they will simply fly into the background, growling at any that come near. Wait... what? Despite their physically dominating appearance, Drakes do not attack directly. They are, however, necessary for Sho's Neutral Aerial The Drake's head will be vulnerable, harmlessly poking into the battleground - defend him well, Reaper.

• Trance Rhino (Rare, 3 seconds, 20 HP): Much like the Wall of Grizzly, Trance Rhinos rush an opponent and send them skyward. However, they don't do nearly as much damage - only 10% and below average knockback. Their real purpose is revealed during Sho's Down Special.

Up Special - Rebirth: This attack can only be used when there is an active Refinery Sigil on the field. Sho's recovery activates as soon as it is input. No matter where he is onstage, he will burst into purple flames. The flames deal a negligible 6% and nearly nonexistant knockback on contact, and will either put themselves out within 2 seconds or fall into the blastline. At this point, Sho is noticeably MIA. Two seconds after initiation, the Grim Heaper will struggle out of his Refinery Sigil! Climbing out of the generator takes Sho a full second, and he has super armor for the entire duration. Any necessary changes mentioned in the Mechanics section will be visible/take place, and Sho can continue fighting as per usual.

Rebirth is a miracle recovery when it can be used - a guaranteed return to the field from absolutely any location. However, it has it's drawbacks. As mentioned above, it can only be used 3 times per stock. Sho's already questionable sanity can only take so much corruption. After he fully transforms into Leo Cantus, no shred of thought is left to draw a new Refinery Sigil - that means no more Rebirth. In addition, Minamimoto is now composed partly of Soul. Each Rebirth adds one more portion of Soul to his body. For example, after 3 Rebirths, he is a manifestation of 3 Soul. This can reduce his Noise count considerably.

Side Special - Scatter Shot: Sho's only personal projectile, a manual release. The attack has two different effects depending on whether or not it's charged. Either way, the attack has below average startup lag, and above average end lag. Uncharged, Sho will unleash a red ellipse of glowing energy directly forward. The shot is approx. the size of a half-charged Aura Sphere, and travels at the same momentum as Samus's Super Missile. Using Side Special while the shot is still on screen will prompt Sho to say, "You're outta' your vector." and detonate the pulsing projectile. In this form, the attack deals multiple hits of 5%, stunning it's victim in order to hit with maximum efficiency. The detonation's blast radius is equal to that of a Blast Box, and deals a solid 15% a above average vertical kockback.

Scatter shot can be charged for up to 3 seconds. Depending on charge time, She will launch 3-8 discs of energy the size of a CD above and in front of him. Impact with an opponent deals 9% and below average knockback. Like it's uncharged incarnation, the shot has a secondary effect when activated again. Inputting the Side Special again will form beams between each shot as Sho taunts, "SOH-CAH-TOA." The beams act as a shield, destroying any and all projectiles on contact, and lasts one second before dissipating. However, the shots reach maximum velocity much faster than a single uncharged shot - precise timing is necessary to utilize the shield properly.

Down Special - Junk Heap: For as long as the button input is held, Sho will empty his pockets onto the ground, muttering, "The world is garbage." Startup lag is low, but it takes Sho a full second to straighten his jacket and reenter the fray. Pi-Face must be a big fan of hammer-space - he's dumping old TV sets, wrecked bikes, traffic cones... Everything but the kitchen sink! Wait, that's in there, too... For each second that Sho adds to the Junk Heap, the pile grows a stage block larger in area. The pile will remain for the Grim Heaper to come back to, and caps at Giga Bowser's height. What?! That's huge! Remember, it'll take a good 10 seconds to approach that height - think your opponent will allow that?

Once your "masterpiece" is complete, you have a throne fit for a Taboo king. The Junk Heap's properties are different for Minamimoto and his foes. Sho is able to run up the heap with ease - though his speed will be cut down to 5 during ascent. Opponents, however, will need to jump onto an outcropping of garbage if the heap is too big for them to completely jump. Otherwise, ascending the pile will cut their speed in half. The attack itself does no real damage to foes - the main purpose of the obstacle is exactly as stated before: a throne for the Grim Heaper. From his seat of power, he will be able to command his Noise with minimal interruptions.

Sho's work of art has one more use. Should the Grim Heaper summon a Trance Rhino, it will charge the heap on sight. The impact will completely destroy Minamimoto's hard work, but the resulting avalanche deals a whopping 20% and incredible horizontal knockback.

"Do The Math." - Standard Attacks

Jab - SOHCAHTOA: Sho's jab combo is a simple one - one press of the Standard button issues a low priority right hook (3%). Continuing the combo chains into a left uppercut (4%) that is capable of juggling the opponent, and finally a forward, Sparta-esque kick (6%) with above average priority and knockback. Always true to character, Sho punctuates each hit with a shout of, "Sin," "Cosine," and, "Tangent!" respectively.

Forward Tilt - Leo Kick: Sho's legs phase into Noise form as he spins on the ball of his foot, kicking high and wide. (9%) Like his Jab, the attack is quite straightforward, average in the majority of it's stats - it's only notable aspect is it's high priority.

Up Tilt - Mink Twist: [Noise Required: Death Metal Mink] Upon activation, Sho points straight upwards and shouts "Go!" Immediately after input, any and all Minks onstage thrash in place, dealing 5 hits (2% each).

The attack is relatively unextraordinary - that is, if the Noise are not properly placed. If Sho issues the command when 2 or more Minks are within 1 SBB of each other, their twisting will create a small maelstrom between them. This drastically increases the attack's hitbox, and the final hit will now result in high vertical knockback.

Down Tilt - Shadow Punch: In one swift display of Reaper power, Sho's shadow stretches forward 1 SBB - as it does, he punches the ground in front of him, and... his fist pops out of the ground at the end of his shadow! (4%) Knockback is negligible, but both priority and range are superb. Considering it's low lag on both ends, it's a great spacing tool.

Dash - Big Cat: Sho's limbs phase into Noise form as he hunches over into a feline run. He stays in this form for 2 SBB until he reverts to "human" form, the entire process seamless. Should the Grim Heaper run into an opponent while phased, he will pounce on them (7%), knocking them into their prone position and continuing on his way. Given the quick transition between forms, above average priority, and hit-and-run qualities, you'll most often use Big Cat as a means of escape. Noiseless and backed into a corner? Use some feline intuition and book it outta there.

"Prepare to
be iterated." -
Smashes

Forward Smash - Doggy Style: [Noise Required: Grunge Wolf] During charge, Sho inhales and his companion rears back, ready to attack. Upon release, Sho whistles - the signal for the Grunge Wolf to attack. The Noise attacks with a forward lunge, tearing across the ground and through opponents (9-24%). Rather high startup lag and average knockback keep this move from being a great KO option, but it's high range (2.5 SBB), priority, and damage make it Minamimoto's most viable damage dealer.

Up Smash - Wings of the Reaper: As he charges, Sho faces the stage and takes a bow. When released, Sho's wings spring from his back. The wings cover a wide area around Sho, taking up a Bowser of space, approximately. The entire wingspan is a spiky deathtrap of high-priority hitboxes, each dealing 12-21% and high vertical knockback during the initial strike. In addition, the hitboxes remain throughout the entire lengthy cooldown - impact will only deal 6% and flinching, but is a near-impenetrable defense.

Down Smash - Boomer!: [Noise Required: Eurobeat Boomer] While charging, Sho calmly raises his fist, issuing a powerful... thumb's down upon release? The Grim Heaper's Down Smash is a simple command - upon release, any and all Boomers will leap 3 SBB into the air (5%), crashing back to earth 1.5 seconds later (10-28%). The attack is by far one of Sho's most powerful - high priority and vertical knockback make this an attack to avoid being hit with. Powerful, though unfortunately situational in nature.

"I'll erase you from my
spatial co-ordinates!" -
Aerials

Neutral Aerial - Drake's Shadow: [Noise Required: Neoclassical Drake] Sho forms a crucifix with his body, and his aerial momentum slows ever so slightly. As he does so, the Drake roars, summoning a sword resembling the tattoos that compose Noise directly behind his master. The blade is the same size as Sho - his head and armspan creating the hilt, and lower body the blade. The sword hangs in midair, and up to 3 can be summoned. Impact with the blatant trap move deals 7% (fire damage) and low knockback. Erasing the Neoclassical Drake will in turn erase it's shadows.

Forward Aerial - Carcino Toss: The only move in Sho's arsenal that summons Noise on it's own. With average startup lag, Sho opens his coat, releasing a spinning Carcinopunk at a 45 degree angle downward. The crab Noise acts as a boomerang, dealing multiple, average priority hits of 4% until returning to the pockets of its master. Carcino Toss's knockback is much like that of a Cymul - while caught, knockback is low to prevent escape. However, the very tip of the Carcino "blade" deals twice that, firing the opponent off to finish the attack.

Back Aerial - Tattoo Bind: Minamimoto extends an arm backwards as thin, black tendrils reach 1.5 SBB behind him in an attempt to grab any pursuer (grab hitbox). Should the attack hit, Sho has two options. With the enemy in his grasp, pressing the attack button again will fling them downwards for a fairly light spike (7%). On the other hand, hitting the ground while still holding an opponent immediately transitions into a grab state - that is to say that Sho can now utilize his throws. Waiting to touch down is the optimal choice for damaging or initiating a combo, but remember that the opponent is still sble to escape with grab difficulty. Decide your next move quickly before they can struggle free.

Up Aerial - Hat Trick: On it's own, Sho's Uair is a simple aerial bicycle kick - decent backward knockback and range above him, average priority, 8% - but Hat Trick is named such for a reason. Should Pi-Face hit with this attack while his victim is in hitstun from a Noise's attack, it will deal 15% and knockback akin to a sweetspotted Knee of Justice. An incredible KO tool if successful, but by no means easy to implement.

Down Aerial - Empty Your Pockets: The Grim Heaper shakes his jacket, releasing any loose odds and ends. On it's own, the attack simply drops a random piece of junk (7%) from Sho's Down Special for negligible knockback. But this attack's true purpose is not to drop old radios on assorted passerby - rather, it's Sho's only alternative means of building up his Junk Heap. Dropping two pieces of junk onto the Heap is the equivalent of 1 second of build time.

"Where's your beauty?" - Throws

Grab/Pummel - Pi: Sho's arm phases into Noise form, granting him range akin to Dedede's. For his pummel, he... recites pi? Holding the attack button causes Sho to rapidly recite Pi, dealing 3% per second.

Forward Throw - Pi-Face: Sho delicately removes his hat before viciously headbutting his victim (10%), knocking them only a short distance away.

Back Throw - So Zetta Slow: Minamimoto casually tosses his charge behind him. Before one could say "Hitstun," he teleports a SBB backwards, catching his own throw, spinning on his heels to build momentum, and chucking his victim for 8% and high knockback.

Up Throw - Lion's Fist: Sho phases his free arm into Noise form, and uppercuts his foe (9%) for average vertical knockback.

Down Throw - Hurling Insults:
Pi-Face shoves his victim into the ground, where he proceeds to pull out a megaphone and yell "Hectopascal!" into the poor fool's face. The resulting shockwave sends the opponent along a low, weak trajectory with 6% extra.

"First outer inner last!" - Situationals

Get Up - Bubble Shield: Sho pounds the ground with his fist, causing any and all Choirfrogs to Zone Jump to his side. Here, each frog sprays 3 bubbles that will always border Sho's hurtbox - the bubbles' disjointed priority halt most attacks before they can reach the recovering Reaper. Contact with the bubbles deals 3% and flinching.

Ledge<100% - Cat Claws: As Minamimoto hops back onstage, his limbs again phase into Noise form. Like any cat, he lands on all fours - four paws with claws very much extended. Any opponent underneath Sho suffers two separate hits (4%, 3%) and low knockback.

Ledge>100% - Pachyderm Guardian: [Noise Required: Trance Rhino] Over the course of a second, the Trance Rhino will Zone Jump to the ledge, dealing 9% and above average vertical knockback.

Final Smash

Level i Flare

Pi-Face is glowing! What's he doing?! Why is he reciting pi? You've no time to ponder such questions, as Minamimoto has just grabbed a Smash Ball. Yes, true to character, Sho recites pi under his breath when in possession of the coveted Smash Ball. Upon activation, a bright light is expelled from Sho's midsection. The light quickly intensifies as the Reaper laughs maniacally - it is in these two seconds that you can escape. Once Sho's body is engulfed in the pure white light, it detonates - an explosion of pure energy that reaches twice the size of a Smart Bomb's. There is no escaping from a Level i Flare - it hits on all planes of existence. Spotdodge? Useless. Switch Pokemon? Won't work. Transform into Sheik? Negative. Fly away on Dragoon? Still not far enough. X-axis, y-axis, z-axis... if the explosion engulfs it, you lose. Being hit with a Level i Flare is an automatic KO. Unfortunately, this takes its toll on Minamimoto, as well. After the smoke clears, he's noticeably missing - until he emerges from a Refinery Sigil, that much closer to succumbing to the Noise within him.

"3.14159265358979323846264338327950288
51328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111!"

"Introducing your new composer...
His name...is ME!"
Playstyle

Playing as Minamimoto is not so much a question of fighting, but solving an equation. Every move you make must be calculated and with a purpose. Consider Noise your variables - in the equation of the fight, they are the values that will determine how you play. Sho requires space to work efficiently. Luckily for him, his is the perfect moveset for earning a little alone time. Pi-Face's Dtilt, Dash, and Aerials all center on either pushing the opponent away or allowing yourself an escape. Balance these moves, the summoning of Noise, and the building of your Junk Heap, an you'll have completed step one.

At this point, consider your equation balanced and in standard form - the y=mx+b of Smash Bros. With a Junk Heap of a throne and an army of Noise, Sho is able to switch from the defensive to the offensive. Command your Noise from up high with your DSmash, Aerials, and Utilt, and join the front lines with your FSmash and Standards, using your USmash to escape sticky situations. Finally, go in for the kill with a well-placed Hat Trick or Boomer. A Sho-player's biggest problem will be keeping track of themselves - How damaged is your Junk Heap? Where are your Noise? Can I risk a recovery? Everything about Sho requires constant vigilance. Master yourself, control the field, and solve for y.

"This is subtracting from my
arts and crafts time." -
Extras

Entrance - Sho emerges from a Refinery Sigil and dusts off his hat (Sigil disappears).

Taunts -
  • Minamimoto takes out his megaphone and points forward, shouting, "So zetta slow!"
  • Pi-Face shrugs his shoulders, a look of pity and disgust on his face, asking, "Where's your beauty?"
  • Random Taboo Noise symbols swarm around a smirking Sho.

Kirby Hat - Kirby gains Pi-Face's cap and whiskers, as well as the Scatter Shot.

Wiimote - "So zetta slow!"

Fanfare - "Make some noise! Minamimoto! Make some noise!"

Victory -
  • Sho sits upon a small heap of junk, obviously bored, and mutters, "I'll drop the frickin' moon."
  • The Grim Heaper strkes the same pose as the above image and laughs heartily.
  • Minamimoto faces away from the screen and losers, working out a complex math problem on his hands and says, "So zetta slow."

Loss - Sho doesn't clap, but pulls the brim of his hat down, covering his face, and keeps the other hand in his pocket.

Alternate Colors -
  • Red Team
  • Green Team
  • Blue Team
  • Neku - Orange hair, purple hat/jacket, white jeans
  • Angel - White clothes, blonde hair, fair skin

Snake: Colonel, this guy keeps shouting numbers at me...
Colonel: That's Sho Minamimoto, Snake. He was the game master during Neku's second week in the Reaper's game. He tried to hold a coup de tat against the Composer, but ultimately failed. Math is... kind of his thing.
Snake: How exactly does some math geek plan to fight me?
Colonel: Don't let the algebra fool you, Snake. Minamimoto controls Taboo Noise, an extremely dangerous breed. Besides, he didn't reach GM status for nothing. He's highly dangerous, obsessive or no.
Snake: Still feels like a bad high school drama...

TWEWY Interactions (Easter Eggs!)
  • Victory Against Neku: "Time for deletion, triple-0s!"
  • Loss Against...
    • Neku & Shiki - "Check your math, Pi-Face."
    • Neku & Joshua - "I think it's time to let you go, Mr. Minamimoto."
    • Neku & Beat - "Booyah, the Grim Heaper crumbles!"
  • If Neku is hit with the Level i Flare during his Second Week, Joshua will teleport onstage, pushing Neku into the blast zone himself (with comically high knockback) and "die" from the blast, instead of his usual end-of-week animation.

"Drown in the sea of imaginary numbers!" -
"The World Ends With You" SSE Role

• After Lucas and Pokemon Trainer join forces at the Ruined Zoo, a second level is played before the Path to the Ruins. In the Abandoned City, the two are attacked by Noise. In typical fashion, Neku and Shiki (Newcomer: Neku, Newcomer: Shiki) arrive and save them in the nick of time with a few well aimed Mewzilla Lasers. This initiates the level - a romp in and out of derelict buildings and down ravaged streets - which is filled with Noise, in addition to Primid and the like. The Noise are more or less palette swaps of Minamimoto's Taboo Noise. Upon exiting the city, a cutscene shows Pokemon Trainer pulling out a map and directing the party towards the Ruins.

• After the party spots Charizard on his way to the Ruins, Wario ambushes them, trophying Shiki and escaping. Neku is unplayable for the Path to the Ruins. Once they catch up and confront Wario, Reaper Beat (Newcomer: Beat) interferes, relieving Wario of his load and flies away, presumably taking Shiki 's trophy to Subspace. Cue the fight between Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, and Wario. The cutscene in which Wario is KO'd is extended - Megumi Kitaniji, the Conductor - Minamimoto's superior and the Composer's right-hand man - appears in the entrance to the Ruins, beckoning the group inside.

• Upon entering the Ruins, Megumi is nowhere to be found. However, Joshua (Newcomer: Joshua) mysteriously appears, making a pact with Neku, making him playable again. The Ruins proceeds as per usual.

• The second fight with Galleom is replaced - instead, Neku's party finds Megumi awaiting them in the Ruined Hall. This initiates a boss fight with his Noise form, Anguis Cantus. Anguis Cantus's coils remain in the background, while it's snout is vulnerable from the top of the screen. It attacks by spraying venom onto the stage as a sort of slick, a "cobra gaze" reminiscent of Rayquaza's explosive glare, and lunging at his target. The latter will embed Anguis Cantus's snout in the ground - your primary opening for attack. Once defeated, a cutscene shows an enraged Anguis crushed by Galleom as he falls through the ceiling. The bomb scare (no boss fight, as Galleom takes the group by surprise) and Meta Knight's rescue continue as usual.

• Before Mario's party's battle at the Canyon, Neku & co. are confronted by Reaper Beat. The level is short - nothing more than what cuold be considered a midboss fight. Reaper Beat attacks like a boss would - he has a full range of motion due to his wings, fires off a constant stream of a slightly altered Tsunami, uses Skull's Chains across the entire screen, and has access to a skateboard combo - but is defeated just like any normal Brawl. Upon defeat, he retreats toward the canyon.

• After a brief Summit level, Neku & co. arrive at the Canyon after the massive battle and the Great Fox's fall. Here, they are confronted by Minamimoto (Newcomer: Sho Minamimoto). This initiates a standard Brawl. Once defeated, Sho activates a Level i Subspace Flare - essentially his Final Smash in the form of a Subspace Bomb. True to his character, Joshua takes the brunt of the attack and transports the others to Ike's party in order to await the Great Invasion.

• Kirby's Subspace level is no longer a solo venture. When Dedede's badge revives him, he witnesses Beat revive Neku's trophy (result of the Off-Waves). After reviving several of the others, Neku, Beat and Kirby come across Minamimoto, Taboo'd due to the Flare requiring him to revive himself, carrying Shiki and Joshua's trophies. He transforms into Leo Cantus for a final Brawl. Once defeated, Neku revives his past partners, as well as Sho - managing to convince him to join forces against Tabuu.

*Neku does not succumb to the Week System in the SSE - rather, the events of the game determine his partner. In the Great Maze, he is able to switch partners at Save Points.

"So zetta slow..."

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
*slaps MYM*

Good God... this moveset was posted more than 24 hours ago, and it has a grand total of zero comments. There's really no excuse for this, especially considering that it's evident that Sho took a lot of work, effort and thought. It's probably my favorite set of Apemasta''s so far.

The main criticism I can find with the set is how difficult it is to understand. This is most evident in the organization. It's very fitting for all I know (I haven't played The World Ends With You) based on the picture and description, but, well, it's a little hard to read. The font you've chosen looks good but is a little difficult to read, and compounded with the alternate color and red highlighting (though I'm very, very happy that it isn't overused like with MW and Kupa's earlier sets this contest), well, it's a little hurting on the eyes. I'd reccomend simpler organization for your next set.

The other way this moveset is difficult to understand is the mechanic. I don't think it's unnecessary like I have with countless mechanic sets before, but you don't really elaborate on it enough. I suspect that TWEWY fans would be able to understand it, but I haven't played it, so... yeah. There are also a few too many technicalities to the mechanic. I think it would be best to describe each of these nuances as they come up in the moveset.

But going beyond that, Sho is a real treat to read. The whole way you've handled the Refinery Sigils is rather interesting, though I would like for percentages rather than Common, Uncommon and Rare. Then again, it adds to the brevity of the set, a strength which somewhat offsets the difficulty of understanding it. Anyway, I would have liked for the various moves that use Refinery Sigils to be able to control multiple refineries, or at least give Sho alternate versions of them without the Refineries, as they're a little too situational as it is given that you can't influence which Refinery Sigil you summon with the Neutral B (which is a small problem in itself), but this isn't a big deal. Adds to playstyle a good deal.

Beyond the specials the moves aren't so interesting, I'll admit, occasionally veering into Sakurai territory, but at least you've found interesting ways of presenting the moves. The SOHCAHTOA jab made me smile, and the Shadow Punch Down Tilt is somewhat strange but makes for an interesting animation, even if it's not original as an attack. I dunno, maybe grab properties? There are unique moves as well, and the generic ones are interesting (Reciting Pi for the pummel is hilarity), but it's still a problem.

Still, all this seems like a sacrifice for playstyle. The section is a little too concise, but you've done a good job covering everything within two paragraphs. You certainly seem to know what the playstyle is! sadly people don't always do this It's one of the more unique playstyles I've seen, solving an equation, and it's evidently extremely true to character.

So yeah. Sho isn't a perfect moveset- the moves could stand to be a little more unique and you generally don't elaborate enough- but both of these should be easy fixes. You already have your playstyle/writing style/whatever else there is, and you definitely have a sense of quality in movesets. If you work on these things, I could see you quickly reaching a high level of moveset making.

I'll be sure to make a Sho matchup in Eggplant Wizard.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Sho

I liked Sho, ignoring the TWEWY fanboy in me, and really liked it when I include the TWEWY fanboy. Of course, the set has a few problems... Most noticably is just how much Sho depends on his neutral special - now that isn't bad, but it becomes bad when it takes you three seconds to use it. That's the length of FOUR Falcon Punches! A move that's so central to Sho's playstyle shouldn't be so near impossible to use. This could be better by either giving Sho superarmor (a risk) or cutting down the time it takes too... I'd say somewhere in between 1.5 to 2 seconds.

The Up Special also is slightly underbalance, as giving him two second superarmor is essentially asking the opponent to rack up ridiculous amounts of damage on him. Invincibility frames would be much better. Outside of those two complaints though, the moveset has no issues balance wise.

Now then, your moveset definitely has a playstyle, though I worry that the playstyle just isn't very expanded upon. There is plenty of it in your Specials, but then we get to the regular attacks. You see, I can tell just how good Sho is at spacing (pretty **** good!). But then you go on to say that all of it is for commanding your noise and building up the junk heap? Dude, you have a grand total of four moves that control your noise! I'd suggest cutting a number of moves (most notably the Neutral Combo - you can always make these more interesting if you have it dependent on another attack/partner character/summon) in place for noise-commanding moves.

And other than that, I genuinely like this set. I personally feel that Neku was better, but only because you expanded more upon his playstyle than you did with Sho. I think that with a few choice edits, Sho could become one of the better sets in this contest.

(Also, congrats on doing what I never managed to figure out. I've had a Sho set announced since MYM4 and still didn't think of a way for him to work. Don't be surprised if you see your idea of him being a summons character stolen next contest)

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
The main criticism I can find with the set is how difficult it is to understand. This is most evident in the organization. It's very fitting for all I know (I haven't played The World Ends With You) based on the picture and description, but, well, it's a little hard to read. The font you've chosen looks good but is a little difficult to read, and compounded with the alternate color and red highlighting (though I'm very, very happy that it isn't overused like with MW and Kupa's earlier sets this contest), well, it's a little hurting on the eyes. I'd reccomend simpler organization for your next set.
Aye, my apologies for the horrid, typically overused black n' red - I'd have avoided it if it didn't fit Sho to a T.

I would have liked for the various moves that use Refinery Sigils to be able to control multiple refineries, or at least give Sho alternate versions of them without the Refineries, as they're a little too situational as it is given that you can't influence which Refinery Sigil you summon with the Neutral B (which is a small problem in itself), but this isn't a big deal. Adds to playstyle a good deal.
I assume you mean Noise here? I suppose I was attempting to capture the uncertainty of Noise. (Maybe this is just another example of taking TWEWY knowledge for granted, hahaha) The idea was that your first Sigil will have a strong likelihood of summoning a Rare Noise. As more are summoned, Soul is spent, and you eventually cannot afford Rare Noise. In hindsight, the summoning system is rather vague - I'd rather focus on what Pi-Face can do with his work than on how exactly he acquires it.

Beyond the specials the moves aren't so interesting, I'll admit, occasionally veering into Sakurai territory, but at least you've found interesting ways of presenting the moves. The SOHCAHTOA jab made me smile, and the Shadow Punch Down Tilt is somewhat strange but makes for an interesting animation, even if it's not original as an attack. I dunno, maybe grab properties? There are unique moves as well, and the generic ones are interesting (Reciting Pi for the pummel is hilarity), but it's still a problem.
I think I 'm a MYM anomaly - I love moves with no apparent excruciating detail. Call it creativity in moderation - a few simple, effect-less moves spread throughout a character in order to augment themselves in lieu of a sea of situational attacks. After all, I see a big part of Smash as being able to submit to a fray when necessary.

Still, all this seems like a sacrifice for playstyle. The section is a little too concise, but you've done a good job covering everything within two paragraphs. You certainly seem to know what the playstyle is! sadly people don't always do this It's one of the more unique playstyles I've seen, solving an equation, and it's evidently extremely true to character.
I came up with it on the spot, so I'll take this as a compliment. :bee:

I'll be sure to make a Sho matchup in Eggplant Wizard.
Yay :bee: Haha, thanks for the comments, Wizzerd.

I liked Sho, ignoring the TWEWY fanboy in me, and really liked it when I include the TWEWY fanboy. Of course, the set has a few problems... Most noticably is just how much Sho depends on his neutral special - now that isn't bad, but it becomes bad when it takes you three seconds to use it. That's the length of FOUR Falcon Punches! A move that's so central to Sho's playstyle shouldn't be so near impossible to use. This could be better by either giving Sho superarmor (a risk) or cutting down the time it takes too... I'd say somewhere in between 1.5 to 2 seconds.

The Up Special also is slightly underbalance, as giving him two second superarmor is essentially asking the opponent to rack up ridiculous amounts of damage on him. Invincibility frames would be much better. Outside of those two complaints though, the moveset has no issues balance wise.
Aye, now that I look at that, those are problems... hahaha. I've yet to grasp the timing of Smash, I guess? But you're right - especially with his recovery in mind.

Now then, your moveset definitely has a playstyle, though I worry that the playstyle just isn't very expanded upon. There is plenty of it in your Specials, but then we get to the regular attacks. You see, I can tell just how good Sho is at spacing (pretty **** good!). But then you go on to say that all of it is for commanding your noise and building up the junk heap? Dude, you have a grand total of four moves that control your noise! I'd suggest cutting a number of moves (most notably the Neutral Combo - you can always make these more interesting if you have it dependent on another attack/partner character/summon) in place for noise-commanding moves.
Unfortunately, I noticed this as I finished the moveset. As anal and perfectionist as I am about them, I'll admit I was ready to hand this 3-month old thing to you guys as quickly as possible. XD

And other than that, I genuinely like this set. I personally feel that Neku was better, but only because you expanded more upon his playstyle than you did with Sho. I think that with a few choice edits, Sho could become one of the better sets in this contest.
Yay, ego boost for Sho AND Neku. :) Thanks Skyler, and I humbly await the challenge of your Minamimoto. :p

Smady

Smash Master
Neku was a highly memorable moveset for me, so I was very excited to see Sho out and entirely surprised, but I think the first one of these was better. The novelty of a TWEWY moveset is wasted on a character like this who more encompasses the design of the game’s world, culture and enemies rather than its much-loved chips and magic, which is understandable given only Neku can use these so effectively. However, given that, this isn’t so bad a moveset – you really squeeze all the charm or potential out of this guy, without losing much of his original personality.

So right away, we see an actually very decent mechanic that is unfortunately not explained too well, which was a little problem in Neku. The way ‘Sigils works is somewhat convoluted and I can see what you were trying to do, but it’s very confusing even as a fan of the game. I get the translation you were trying to pull with the noise floating around and such too – by golly I don’t understand all that well how it works here, I’m left connecting the dots. Nowhere do I read a description of how ‘Sigils or how noise generates onto the field, it needs to be elaborated on.

The good thing is, the descriptions of the individual noise, the way in which Sho uses these attacks and the rest of the moveset is far more handled and cautionary than the first part. Although I agree with the notion that Sho relies way too heavily on one or two moves and these are weirdly balanced in arbitrary Smash terms, I believe in philosophy over science, so I let these sorts of number problems go by – in which case, the moves actually seem quite unique.

The playstyle is hardly as good as Neku’s one; neither being particularly good. It’s not complex enough or well-explained, even so much as to be overcut by the rest of the moveset’s individual explanations. Some of his moves are a little boring, some are exciting – it’s definitely a mixed bag. In general, Sho’s moves either reek of magic syndrome or are somewhat generic, but I can empathise with having such a potential-less, likable character. His personality shines throughout and that’s what’s important.

The organisation in this moveset is just superb. Fantastic selection of music from the wonderful TWEWY soundtrack, great colour scheme and font choices – specifically, all very brooding, depressing, but snazzy, reflecting the themes of the DS game and, at times, the character of Sho as well. I particularly enjoyed the semi-meaty SSE role, the Easter eggs and the codec: while not the funniest or greatest written pieces in the contest, they’re worth a read if you’re a fan of TWEWY.

So overall, I found this moveset good, but not as memorable as Neku and lacking in some substance. What you lack in these areas, though, you make up for in style and have a real flair for writing enjoyable pieces here-and-there, in this case, my TWEWY fanboyism really gorged on a lot of the characteristic quirks you placed around the moveset.

This is all very promising and I consider you a relative newcomer, so I look forward to what you do in the future – just, maybe, stop with the characters from this game and go onto something completely different… I mean, when you do only characters from one series, like Pokémon… oh wait, KRool… Or Soulcalibur… Erm, oh right, MasterWarlord… Or Kirby characters… like Kibble… aw, screw it. Looking at those guys seriously for a moment, though, doing the same sort of moveset over and over gets boring for a reader, so if you do continue to make TWEWY movesets or others, I recommend trying something completely different and taking the risk, as it always pays off in this contest.

And yeah, hopefully I can get comments out for Hector- and edit them into this post, so watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom