• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 20 vs Test Your Skills 5!!!!! Nov 7th in Houston,Tx! BRING SET-UP(wii/tv/ssbb)!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

HOBO 20

This is it, THE BIG TWO ZERO. After 19 HOBOs of testing and tweaking, we’ve finally got the formula right for the ULTIMATE TOURNAMENT. Let me put it simply for you guys:

- BIGGER VENUE. That’s right. We’re still at Funplex but we’ve got an ENTIRE FLOOR to ourselves. This room can hold over 250 people. IT'S HUGE!!!!!

- THREE Brawl events. We’re running Singles, Doubles, and LOW TIER DOUBLES(might be switched for low tier singles). This one is going to be ran as smooth as butter.

- We’re teaming up with TEST YOUR SKILLS again and they will be offering Melee, MvC2, Street Fighter 4, BlazeBlue and more!

- Let me remind you again how much better this venue is. We have a STAGE for finals, a soundsystem for RAVES and even a LIGHTSHOWlol).

- METAKNIGHT is banned in singles but allowed in doubles, WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Im pullin out all the stops so get your *** over here to Houston,Tx and experience the best HOBO thus far!!!

Venue: Fun Plex

Date/time: November 7th, 2009. Be there by 11am and we start at 12:30pm(if you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee because i HATE late people).

Address: Fun Plex 13700 Beechnut St. Houston, TX, 77083. If you have problems, call Xyro(409-692-0697) or DeAngelo (281-300-8039)

Address specifics:When you walk in the main entrance to Funplex, immediately head left. Soon, you will see a Bowling Alley on the right. Enter the bowling alley and head LEFT untill you see stairs. Go up the stairs to enter the HOBO/TYS room. ALL players/spectators/random walk in's MUST obtain a WRIST BAND at the entrance of the HOBO room. If you DO NOT have a wristband you will be asked to get one and if you refuse, you will be taken out of the venue by police(the cops).

Venue Website: http://www.funplex.org/home.html

(Test Your Skills & Hobo New Funplex) -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1c-sFz7H3I
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22599295

HOBO 20 Fees/Events: Entry=7$ wrist band, 1vs1=10$, 2vs2=20$(10$per person). Low Tier(D/E/F tier only) 2v2=10$(5$ per person)

TYS 5 Fees/Events: Entry=Entry=7$ wrist band(unless you already have it), SF4=10$, T6=10$, MVC2=10$, MELEE=10$ BB=10$ (Bring Your Own Setups=Consoles/tv's/controllers)

AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7618

Live stream: coming soon....

www.airbrushking.net(check front page for live stream)

HOUSING!!!!!!

http://www.hotels.com/processIndexS...umrooms=1&adults[0]=1&child[0]=0&refined=true

The link above shows you the hotels closest to the venue.
Below is free housing so grab it beofre its gone

DugFinn=832 472 6563
Esca=409 673 1166
Smoom= coming soon....
Player 4=832 367 8727
Tallman=281 857 9075

SET-UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please PLEASE PlEaSe bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Every person who bring a FULL SET-UP will get a coupon that grants them a FREE DRINK of thier choice. Sodas/Energy drinks/bottled water......ect. Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament, so please help me out. If you seriosuly cant bring a full set up, please bring a wii but remember you WILL NOT get that free drink.

RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick: Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Luigis Mansion, Distant Planet

Banned: Every thing else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok

The PAYOUT for 1vs1 is 10$(low tier may be different)
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

if over 100 players

1st=55%
2nd=25%
3rd=10%
4th=5%
5th(x2)=2.5%

The PAYOUT for 2vs2 is 20$=10$ per player(low tier may be different)
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

General rules:

1. Each much should be a 3 Stock battle with a 7 minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

::Banned Techs::

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE

Infinite wall grabs. Do not chain grab a foe against a wall more than once without letting them go after the FIRST grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

Stalling is banned*

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Ledge Grab Limit Rule*

*Assuming i have a meta legal event, ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 55 times PER MATCH. The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
HOBO 20 Special AirbrushKing Sponsorship. Announcement is HERE!!!

1st place Winner will get there very own airbrushed customized limited edition brawl setup bag.

AirbrushKing Limited Edition Full Setup Bags

Customize it however you like. Setup Bag details: Bag has 2 compartments inside and 1 compartment outside. Inside the bag will be something special that will be revealed "ONLY" at hobo 20 so show up to see what it is...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
1st Real Post in this thread.

I will try to come to this.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
DMG, you MUST come to this. Blast and Mango are depending on you ):

Lmaoo. I'm hoping I'll be able to attend, I'm hyped for it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If I got 4 points worth of infractions for my picture, I would be mad if this one didn't get anything lol.

Also Esca no wai me an Dojo/Zac/Dphat/Ice/Katie/Fogo/Billy got this

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Why would you post this on my page when Meta Knight is banned.

Noob.

I probably could of came too since i was getting my check from GBz

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have a great idea.

We should do a character ditto tournament. Let me explain how it would work.

1st game of the set, the characters are decided by random. Have one person pick random/go to training/do whatever you need to get random selection, and whatever random picks you both quit that match and both pick that character. So if I pick random and it gives us Link, then we both pick Link for our first match.

The Loser gets to pick stage and chooses the Character ditto they would like. So say I lost first match. I can choose to do a Wario ditto on FD, a MK ditto on Rainbow Cruise, a Snake ditto on Halberd, etc.

What do you guys think?

Smoom77

Smash Master
Hey Xyro, my parents said I can't house for hobo20 since I housed for Hobo19. Sorry. :(

But I do plan on going to this. :D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have a great idea.

We should do a character ditto tournament. Let me explain how it would work.

1st game of the set, the characters are decided by random. Have one person pick random/go to training/do whatever you need to get random selection, and whatever random picks you both quit that match and both pick that character. So if I pick random and it gives us Link, then we both pick Link for our first match.

The Loser gets to pick stage and chooses the Character ditto they would like. So say I lost first match. I can choose to do a Wario ditto on FD, a MK ditto on Rainbow Cruise, a Snake ditto on Halberd, etc.

What do you guys think?
I like this idea.

...I still want a mid tier tourny though. Mid tiers get no love :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wahahahaha, tasty.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
I have a lot of tests about a week before this, so if my work lets me get off I will try to come for the first time. :)

( But I don't expect to get far D: )

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
edited cause Kevin took care of the pic

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hello? Has a mod seen this? Is that pic supposed to be allowed?

Seriously, he gets nothing while I got 4 points for a picture that didn't even have cuss words in it? Call me crazy but that seems a bit... biased... lol.

(I'm not really complaining that hard since my points expired, but I do expect at least some level of consistency when it comes to what pics are allowed or not)
Green Ranger > Whatever you posted?

As far as side tourny ideas go, I would prefer to not have a Random Ditto Tournament, as I feel like it can take away from someone winning based on true skill.

I'm fine with Duelist though...

Would still prefer to have some kinda Low Tier Tourny.

Top Bottom